REVIEWERS

Are there any jewtube channels that review video games that aren't complete trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCyhnYIvIKK_--PiJXCMKxQQ/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=NsnqRZNgSG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gggmanlives
I'm not going to link cause I don't want to shill, but he knows his shit and really loves FPS games.

Alright I'll check him out, thanks.

I like watching yahtzee and his zero punctuation videos, although I don't really count them as real reviews but more among the lines of the entertainment sort of thing

In other words, as long as you don't take them seriously they're ok

Mattthewmatosis occasionally posts a review of a game, usually done in depth.

Recently, he's been focussing on several hours long analysis of games (Dark Souls 1, Devil May Cry 1, Demon's Souls), but his previous work is still available. Nothing too recent, though.

Ah yes I forgot about Yahtzee, yeah those videos are quite entertaining.

I personally hate vidya reviewers/LPers because they always have a heavy bias in comparison to film reviewers.

I will admit though that sexbad is pretty much the only person I will ever trust to give an actual serious vidya review, although it is rare for him to make them. There might be others I'm subbed to but he's the only name that immediately comes to mind when it comes to proper vidya review, check him out.

That's cool, there are many non-recent games which I am interested in possibly playing. Playing something while it's new has never been that important for me.

Came in to say this, probably the only youtube reviewer I pay any attention to. He only really does FPS games but he's good at reviewing them.

Ross' Game Dungeon is pretty great for obscure games.

I used to like him until I saw some of his older pretentious bullshit. Or his Kojima dicksucking.

Shit, also what said, dude is a god at reviews. I also want to throw in "Custom Gamer" if you want someone who reviews shit as he plays them from a technical standpoint. As well as embed related if you're looking for someone who gives good, detailed retrospectives.

matthew is great but his reviews come out well after the games release, those are better to watch out of interest or desire of further understanding of things rather than "is this worth a buy"

a review channel that does very neutral reviews of more recent games would be neat, i barely read reviews anymore because i feel nothing tells you what is in the fucking game or not, and never tackle aspects like learning curves or replayability because reviewers are fucking casual

Sweet.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Terrible voice, really bad games.

I enjoy watching Classic Game Room for a comfy sort of review where he talks about games he had fun with, and Lazy Game Reviews for reviews on classic PC/DoS games.

His voice sounds fine to me but I am not one to be bothered by voices (with the exception of Mattpat and people who sound like Mattpat).

totalbiscuit

Lord Karnage is alright, though he's really lax on criticizing things and instead focuses on whatever fun he had. There's also no telling what he's going to be reviewing at any given time. I imagine he reviews things as he plays them but I can't say for sure.
He is also one of the only channels that I know of actively reviewing Vita games so that's nice.

If you want a non-youtube review source, Christ Centered Gamer is probably one of the best if not the best review site I've found. If nothing else it's fun to read the morality sections of reviews that highlight content devout Christians may find questionable.

Anime is for faggots.
Anime fans often raise their voice in real life when telling you about something.

tbh I'm not big into anime I just like cute reaction images.

Classic Game Room is comfy and shows game footage off in a nice way. Whoever the guy is at Undertow is a little more anal, but even then he does a solid job.

The only problem is that they don't cover everything, despite covering some more niche stuff.

NerdCubed is pretty good but since his core viewer base is quite young his jokes can be pretty childish sometimes.

Other then that me tries not to play shit everyone else is playing and likes good vidya.

Gggmanlives has some trash, but is usually pretty alright. Proceed with caution though.

Literally reddit tier, hell almost 9gag tier.
How did you find this website

nerdcubed is the windows 8.1 of youtube.

Complete Cookie, the Skeptical American

lel

no he sucks at reviewing games, he dosen't give full length reviews only "overviews" and if a game is popular enough he'll suck its dick.

Mathewmatowsis and The Examined Life of Gaming are the only reviewers I can take even somewhat seriously, the former rarely uploads and the latter is a sperglord who thinks gaylo combat devolved was a good game but is usually spot on with nearly everything else.

Yeah that is the biggest problem I find with reviewers, they tend to be huge fucking casuals that aren't fully aware of what consitutes good and bad design decisions. They'll be able to pick out some good ones and some bad ones, but the majority of design decisions are either neglected in their reviews or go right over their head.

Also they tend to be huge faggots.

This is the most recent video that the examined sperg of gaming did. He also made a good one about half life 2 and how its a shit sequel.

I accept he's reddit tier but that doesn't make him entirely shit.

>Nitrorad

I'm honestly sick of the nu-reviewers that make 4 hour long videos fellating how critical they are because they can nitpick an old game. Or the ones that heil a game with a mediocre story as some misunderstood high art.

Accursed Farm is absolutely based

Rename that to "onz dead wrong.webm"

What?
It's the whole point of the channel, may not be your thing but it is pretty enjoyable if you are in the mindset.

Ross can't navigate to save his life, though.

That'd be literally thousands of free hits. You'd get a small following of contrarian fucks and millions of views from butt angry retards.

Remember Youtube isn't about quality, it's about quantity.

Matthewmatosis for serious discussion

Rockcock64/TheBestGamers for shitposting in review form

E;R did a great review of Life is Strange

Your reviews don't even exist and they're already shit

Angry Joe show, gives a fair review of vidya and hates the jews publishers, does funny costumes in the video review.

I'm surprised he never made a blue is the warmest color joke

I didn't say fun I said enjoyable.

What's his name again?

enraged enrique

worthabuy

Peeved Pedro

angry joe, cant you read?

Rustled Rusky is so shit at games it hurts to watch and when he talks about gameplay "flaws" past obvious glitches it almost always comes down to him being bad and needing to complain.

Get the fuck outta here.

double bait?

I used to enjoy CGR, but I have the feeling Mark Bussler went full kike lately.
Lazy Game Reviews is still god tier though

You can check out my favourite media critic, her name is Anita Sarkeesian and she is pretty rad.

She makes pretty based reviews but also gives them a feminist twist that other reviewers don't.

I like the fact she analyzes games from a point of views of a woman which helps me look at them from a different perspective.

Check her out anons.

I typically watch Ross's Game Dungeon, MatthewMatosis, and Joseph Anderson. I like really long, pointless reviews.

Has anybody here watched DWterminator? I often encounter his stuff whenever I search for old vidya on yt. He's a mixed bag imo because he seems to have very mixed views on FPS (loves CoD (1,2 and 4 to be exact) and the more recent Halo games (Reach and 4) while he shits on BiA and Republic Commando) and modern WRPG's (Inquisition and Witcher 3) a lot, but he understands well the RTS genre and can explain well why JRPG is a shit genre.

Worth a Buy

Wtf?

This is shit, why the fuck do you watch this?

This faggot's whole argument devolves into
What a fucking sperg. How can you watch this crap unironically?

You mean the open world cocksucker? He's a comedian but not a reviewer.

he also reviews dildos

*loves modern WRPG's a lot

SomeCallMeJonny
HappyConsoleGamer
Yuriofwind
and my favorite channel GrandIllusions

Nice

Sexbad is pretty good at videogame reviews, although he mostly reviews dragon dildoes now.

EmptyHero started his review shit recently but he is actually pretty good at it.

Heh.

Halo is a good console game, can't compete with arena shooters but wasn't trying to, it's just unfortunate that it was so popular and lead to these console specific trends being applied to PC too.

I didn't think I'd ever see someone on Holla Forums recommend Custom Gamer, given that he mostly reviews quake and half-life 1/2 maps. He also does livestreams of designing levels.

Never take his reviews seriously.

Are all American fridges this hideous.

dunkey

Found the game chump

The Gaming Brit Show
Vash The Shell Bullet

He lives in America.

Dunkey is bottom of the barrel pewdiepie-tier m8

Game Sack, though their video about remade/rebooted game was kind of sad and disappointing really guys, DmC and that shit ass Tomb Raider reboot?

LGR

My Life in Gaming

Examined Life of Gaming Yes, I'm aware if his autistic takedowns of Half-Life 2 and Serious Sam. He makes some good points, and I find it funny that even when he goes into absurd detail and tries to back up his opinions in a diplomatic way, people still whine like autistic faggots simply because they disagree with him

Also, Razorfist, although he can be kind of a faggot, and he's really cut back on vidya reviews lately

fitsthistlewitz

im not clicking that

dunkey has ok videos but he has shit game taste

loves lol and overwatch

yeah I know he quit lol

You should watch the whole video. He goes into detail about why he doesn't like it, and even admits he doesn't hate SS as much as he let on

he's shit.

I know it's hard to watch people not parrot your opinions back to you, but when he's right, he's right.

I don't give two shits about Fallout or the Elder Scrolls.

so it is clickbait by having a "radical" opinion

I don't care what his opinion is, its his arguments that are shit. He is a complete casual who complained that New Vegas was too hard when the game is easy as fuck and likes it when series are dumbed down and simplified because he's too shit.

Oh and he also liked Dude Sex Invisible Wars, which was a huge turd.

No, he goes into detail about what he doesn't like about the series.

This

youtube.com/channel/UCyhnYIvIKK_--PiJXCMKxQQ/videos

This guy seems pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Dsp is ok when hes not jerking off, is fair and objective in reviews and gameplay footage of him actually playing it is always nice.

I like angry Joe too.
His reviews are dead on for the most part.
And he doesn't mind going back and saying when his opoinion was wrong

I saw it, most of it is subjective taste rather than finding objective flaws with the game and ragging on SS for not making sense at all.
His reasons for disliking it are way past the bounds of relatability that it's more relatable for a Serious Sam Defense Force to assemble. I like the game and I think it's pretty well designed actually, I just can't precisely understand what his beef with SS is.

Only if like heareing about ONLINE LAAAG, I WAS BLOCKING/ROLLING/DODGING, and THIS GAME IS BULLSHIT, IS SO BUGGED! And gout-induced sounds, lots of them.

I've actually come to kind of respect DSP ever since he got swatted and took it like a champ. He's still terrible at video games though.

Since it gave him record views, I'm surprised he didn't milk it again for more shekels.

GamingBrit
WorthABuy (even if only for the spergouts)
MatthewMatosis
HyperBitHero
Ross' Game Dungeon
Turbo Button (for specific mechanical analysis)
Casp O'saurus is also alright, even if close to half of his reviews are Digimon shit

Fitz (rip in piece), MechaGameZilla and RockCock64 for piss-taking

SuperBunnyHop is fine until he goes full retard, then there's no stopping him (it's good that Bethshit owns Fallout because Obsidian were allowed to stitch together bits of Van Buren's corpse in 18 months to make New Vegas, Doom and Wolfenstein 3D are "the brownest and blandest shooters" despite being neither of those things)

ggmanlives is alright but has garbage taste and thinks Wolf09 and TNO are acceptable

Razorfist is a cuck who likes Bethshit level scaling

DWTerminator swaps between alright and turbosperg

His reasons were shit though
isn't a reason. It's a circular argument. He then tries to establish his "cred" by namedropping AOE2 and MW of all things

Not even a huge fan of SS, but that video was retarded enough that I stopped halfway through it

Holy shit, this is the funniest thing I've seen in a while

I'd say ACG is pretty decent, he puts out content regularly for any game be it on console or PC, and actually reviews games as products instead of trying to be an entertainer unlike the aforementioned two.

SuperBunnyHop is alright too. TB isn't a reviewer, he just does first impressions.

youtube.com/watch?v=NsnqRZNgSG8
Found this guy yesterday while looking for some ps1 reviews. Small channel, videos are short, comfy and informative, most videos have no annoying intro either, so that's good.

His reviews lack those things and are generally reasonable, playthroughs yea he sounds like a guy playing video games

WOT ABOUT CADDICARUS GUIS

I like Brutalmoose honestly. He's got a different personality from JonTron, Caddicarus, PBG and the likes. He's very sarcastic and has dry humor which I enjoy a lot. He also reviews shit games which you really shouldn't play. Except for Shadow the Hedgehog maybe. That game is so awful that it's worth a try.

But Wolf09 is acceptable even if it's worse than RTCW

Vyktar is probably my favorite reviewer on Jewtube, but he doesn't do many reviews, so I not sure of he can be counted.

wew lad

well when standards for console fps are near non-existent and your only competition consists of games that control like complete and utter dogshit you can fuck nearly everything up and still be a "good console game" that won't make you a "good game" though, Halo 1 was ass and the only objectively good thing about it was its AI. 2 was a huge step up but it wasn't that great and then 3 ran at 55 fov which is beyond unacceptable and something that Bungie should have been taken out back and shot in the head for, unfortunately its fans suck cock so there was no way that would have happened.

then you're retarded

It's been a while since I played it, but from what I recall AI regularly shits its pants and it's otherwise a generic last-gen shooter. The game also has no redeeming traits whatsoever. There's no reason to play it over pretty much any other shooter of the same era outside of complete trash like Turning Point.

E;R is always entertaining and it's surprising that he has such a low subscriber count. Mechagamezilla, Fitz and LarryBundyJr are entertaining to watch. I also noticed Larry shows up in the comment sections to a lot of Holla Forums related videos. TheBestGamers is fun to watch, but they've been cutting back on reviews as of late and are streaming w/ guys from sleepycabin instead. Other than that, I'm not all interested in reviewers.

The Russel Howard of game reviewers. They disappoint me for being born in the same country.

There are no reviews you can really trust regarding modern games. Sure, Mattheririshgoy and Game Dungeon are great, but it's vidya historian stuff, no review stuff.

When I want to see if a game is good, I'll check up on Holla Forums primarily, then look at the marketing and team behind it and I'll usually have enough to know if I'll like it or not. But if I really have to check out a reviewer, it'll be Bunnyhop because he does a good job establishing what the game is and what it features and he's reliable enough in his approach that you can call bullshit on his opinion without playing the game. Maybe Razorfist because he can defend himself even if he's going full retard with Fallout games (New Vegas level scaling was shit though,you scale it so the world is consistent in its lore and you can grow as a character, NOT so you can railroad the player for first 20 hours like Call of Duty, just try going off the beaten path and the content and worldbuilding falls apart). GGman is somewhat reliable, but he's a softie and acts like a cuck, for example liking Bioshock Infinite). And I can't think of anyone else

lol butthurt super-virgin loser

you're too idiotic to understand that simple post, huh

It has good weapon and enemy variety, the localized damage and gore is pretty well made, the secrets are actually hidden and the implementation of regenerating health is one of the least terrible in an AAA game (by that I mean it generally avoid you having to deal with spending half the game in cover for regen to kick in as long as you play semi decently).

On the other hand the music and sound design is not that great also bad VAs 'and not in a so bad it's good way either), everything you have is overpowered (big bore/large caliber upgrade being fucking ridiculous, shearing crystal wrecking 90% of the enemies in one hit, power crystal being a quad damage when most weapon are already overpowered by default), the FoV is shit (and it's hard to change without breaking things), incessant hint popups and overall the game feel like worse than it should be for some reason.
the Retrostein mod does fix a few of those though

It's a decent 7/10 provided you don't go full autist and complain about it not being RTCW every 10 seconds

Jesus christ,what is with that hair?

TheBestGamers if they ever made videos again.

;_;

Well lets see as far as enemies go the flood mindlessly rush you, the grunts are harmless and there aren't enough of them to make that not the case, and you use almost the exact same strategy for the jackals that you do for the elites; either toss a grenade at them or shoot them in their sensitive area, the elites are just annoying damage sponges when you don't headshot them, the weapons for the most part all feel like shitty water guns and are pretty uninspired. The vehicles are clunky and frustrating to control, people claim the that the game is good at having mechanics and gameplay that make sense within the context of its world but if that is true then why is a genetically enhanced super solider wearing a suit which enhances his physical capabilies even further not able to run faster than that of a typical jogger I see in the park? Sorry but you can't in one breath praise halo for having something a regenerating health system in one breath and then not criticism it for making master chief move as slow as a turd being shat out of a constipated indivudal's anus. The only reasons I can think of as to why master chief is so slow is because the game runs at 78 fov and making him move faster than a turd being shat out of the anus of someone with sever constipation would give people motion sickness.

The game is pretty shit to be honest, also the 2 gun limit did nothing to improve the gunplay and only existed because of the limited buttons they were able to map to on a controller, from a pure gameplay perspective there was no reason for it as it was only a detriment.

Halo 1's levels were also pretty shitty, the first 3 or so levels I'm not sure I'd call masterpieces(though I did love the 3rd one partially because you get to use a weapon that is actually fun to use and not a shitty water gun for the enitrety of that level, and the level was well designed for use with that weapon as well) but they were all bretty good for the game they were designed for. After that it goes downhill, bland environments, repeated sections, large open maps in which the covanent shoot at the player with near aimbot-like accuracy and you have to use the vehicles just to avoid the painfully boring experience of having to slough your ass across large areas which have very little in them(at least very little you can reliably fight on foot).

Nope I was right halo 1 is complete and utter trash and anyone who rates it higher than a 5 or if I am being generous a 6 on a scale of one to 10 is usually not even worth listening to.

Opps meant to respond to this tard

Super Bunnyhop is a cool guy, I know how to like people with different opinions than me.

Some guy is archiving all of their streams and uploading them on youtube. Some of their videos go on for 7 hours.

To be honest, I completely forgot about him, but he's great with his honesty without shitting on, or masturbating, over games and makes sure to always say how to improve the game rather than just pointing out the flaws.

The only reviewer that i ever watched was a guy that used to make videos back in 2012 but then he left youtube for no reason,he still made some good reviews.

By definition that applies to everyone. He is shit. His arguments are shit. His opinions are shit. He couldn't even get facts straight.

What pisses me off about that video is how he fails to see how good Serious Sam is for what it is because he constantly compares it up to what he thinks it is and is trying to be. His use of the "artificial difficulty" meme cements that. There must be an objectively right way to design a game to him, and Serious Sam is bad because it doesn't follow his design philosophy. It's immature and stupid, and if this kid's 28 then he's a tranny lesbian because there's no way that face and voice belong to anyone over the age of 16. He also writes and speaks like a teenager, with his overly smug and nasally voice and his constant use of insults over substantial, flat analysis.
To him the story being told through the menus can't just be there for fun and the fact that it's hidden in some easily ignored side menu isn't enough, it has to be judged by real true Games Are Art™ story telling merits instead of the schlocky stupid lowbrow sci-fi monster idea bucket it is.
The gameplay has to be trial and error because on high difficulties he dies a lot, and it's not just because he fails to realize how the enemies work and is just blindly firing like an idiot.
Look, he even specifically points out how the Syrian Werebull works. This proves he must be intelligently analysing the game and pointing out exactly how Croteam failed! Nevermind the fact that he completely misses the point behind how it's designed because in his mind a charging enemy can only be designed one way. Since the bull doesn't stop, it's bad. Nevermind that Croteam has Kleer Skeletons that do that exact thing and that the Werebull is intentionally designed to not stop to encourage players to "graze" it by dodging as close to it as possible each time they dodge to avoid it so as to increase its pivot when it turns. It's not designed how he assumes it's supposed to work and so he dies to it a lot. That means it's trial and error and bad.

Okay you're just nitpicking, in no way does he ever make it clear that he thinks that charging enemies can only be designed one way nor does he even state that this in particular is what makes him dislike the game.

Serious sam is just a mindless shooter with a stupid aesthetic and largely uninspired weapons that don't animate properly. "DURRR LETS JUST CREATE MAPS WITH PRACTICALLY NOTHING IN THEM THEN TOSS IN ENEMIES, AND HAVE THE REST SPAWN IN" Serious sam and all games like it are basically just single player zombie games. Just mindless repetitive ass.

He states clearly that they are badly designed because they just keep running instead of stopping after charging so there's "no point in dodging them" in the actual video he refers to at the beginning of that video: the original video entitled "Serious Sam Seriously Sucks" which was just a let's play of the first few maps full of his inarticulate bitching about the game having "artificial difficulty", being bad for spawning enemies in, and yes, at one point because the werebulls don't stop moving after charging.
The entirety of that original video was pretty much just him complaining that the game wasn't how he wanted it to be. He namedrops DOOM 3 several times as doing some things right which I just find baffling.

Oh, hey Examined Life of Gaming. How's it going this evening? Didn't realize it was you posting at first.
Anyway, if you personally find the game to be mindless and repetitive then I can't blame you. I agree with a decent chunk of what's said, but the one thing I won't give you is "repetitive". Serious Sam reflects an extremely utilitarian design, and throughout my playtime with both the First and Second Encounters, I continually found unique and interesting ways of dealing with many of the hordes given to me, to the point where almost every encounter felt unique.
Even one encounter I believe was even shown in the video posted that he considered "unfair" I found to be really interesting when I played the game. It drops you into a room with a biomechanoid which shoots splash damaging rockets. Even if you circle strafe around, the room you're both in is so small that it's impossible to avoid the splash damage. Obviously the brute force way through this challenge would be to have stocked up a ton of HP to buffer against the rockets, but you can get through the entire encounter without a single shred of damage by shooting the rockets as they appeared (there was a set pattern, left first, right second, constant fire rate) just as they left the barrel, they would detonate too far away to hurt you. After every other rocket you would need to approach the enemy to ensure they didn't walk closer towards you before quickly backpeddling away for a more strategic vantage to shoot the missiles.
Both that and the Syrian Werebulls pivot angle trick helped me to fall in love with the game. It almost reminds me of spectacle fighters in a weird sense. Obviously it has nowhere near as much depth, but the game is still mostly about studying enemies and their abilities and how to best game the system to play with them in interesting ways. The assload of flavor text for each enemy that no one ever cares to read also reminds me of DMC and Bayonetta.
So yes, while the guns have no animation, the graphics are ugly as sin, and the story is a mess, I still find Serious Sam to be an engaging shooter, nowhere near the mindless horde-mowing most casuals who play on low difficulties take it for.

He has pretty shit taste and inconsistent standards. He complains about forced walking sections in games (even used fucking Vanquish and MGSV as examples, when those parts are an extremely small portion of those games), but then goes to praise Uncharted 4, which is a game riddled with those moments. He calls Resident Evil 6 "legendary" and compares it to Vanquish, implying it's nearly as good, which it fucking isn't; it's a sloppy third-person shooter with ham-fisted old RE elements.

Besides, he doesn't fit in the category of a reviewer, which was what OP was asking for. His videos can be summed up as "this game sucks and I hate it" or "this game is awesome and I love it", he repeats himself too much and often uses terms that are too subjective.

You cant dislike a feature of a game and still like the game?

Also he defends Resi6 as an action game primarily, with a secondary argument that essentially amounts to "Resi was always retarded" if I remember the video correctly. If you're playing it like a TPS then you're missing out on the exact thing he's praising the game for

Also that still doesn't place him below Super Bunnyhop, because as far as I can remember, Gaming Brit hasn't said anything so incorrect that it invalidates an entire video, whereas SBH has one of those moments in nearly every video I've seen of his

Yes, my friend does this. Countless times I tell him "We're on the train, people are tired from work"

I went too much in-depth on a small youtube channel I don't think it's worth it, but anyway…

When you use examples where said feature is minimal, then you praise a game that is built around it, yes, it does come across as inconsistent and a bit dishonest. Either you like it, or at worst, you don't mind it at all.

I'm fairly sure this isn't the only case where he has shown to be inconsistent. Hell, I just went through a couple of his older videos (namely Dead Space: Empowerment Doesn't Equal Satisfaction), and he points out the lack of horror in games like Resident Evil 6 and Dead Space 3, by saying these games are "pandering to people who don't want to play a horror game", he then goes to criticize DS3… for the same reason he now enjoys RE6. You could say his opinion changed over time, but he uses the same rhetoric in his "GOW 4 rant" video saying the genre is in short supply, and that the games that are deviating from their roots is a problem.
Didn't he also complain about MGSV being repetitive, unfinished, with a bad story, but was never as harsh towards DMC4 on those points (in fact, I'm pretty sure he loves that game)?
Every time I listen to him talk, there's something that feels out of place, like he's merely preaching to the choir. That would make sense if he has no real values or standards of his own.

What difference is there between a TPS and an action game, exactly? It's a mediocre game regardless of label. RE "always being retarded" doesn't excuse how RE6 is excessively over-the-top, with flimsy controls, dumb pointless mechanics (tripping over bodies) or lack of feedback when you shoot an enemy with a shotgun, for example.

SBH goes more in-depth on a game's themes. I guess you could say he has bigger lows, but on the other hand, what videos GB has that are anywhere near as interesting or insightful as SBH's critical close-ups of MGS?

I don't think the GameTrailers folks are trash.

They're Patreon whores now, though.

Also.
DDRJake.
He is not a reviewer, or anything, but he has a nice voice, hates emotes, shouting, etc, and plays grand strategy games.

It's comfy.
He also does 2 hours of hell and punishment games, and so forth.

kys fam

Congratulations you've written a book filled with complete and utter nonsense in response to what is about 2 sentences.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol

Could you try saying something logical for once communistcuck?

Watching his videos makes me really nostalgic for mid-2000's Holla Forums on halfchan. Feels real comfy.

I know plenty of people who proclaim they hate anime but they scream every other word because its "cool"

Okay, let me try this. How can you know my opinion is wrong if you've never seen my opinion?

Isn't Uncharted built around cutscenes and cant-fail climbing with setpiece shooting thrown in? Also I'm pretty sure the latter was what both HyperBit and GamingBrit praised.

As for Resident Evil, responding to effort with effort. Rewatched the video to see how much of it I was remembering correctly and it turns out I remember most of it fairly well. The point was that he was praising the action elements of it because Resident Evil 5 and Revelations didn't do action OR horror well, and he found 6's action enjoyable. As far as TPS vs action, are you honestly asking about the difference between something like DMC/Bayo/Darksiders/etc and Gears/Binary Domain? In any case, he seemed to enjoy Resi6 in the Army of Darkness sort of way. He didn't expect good horror out of Resident Evil and was surprised at how fun the action elements happened to be

With MGSV vs DMC4, I haven't heard him (or anyone else) praise the latter in terms of its content or story. DMC4 is praised (rightfully so) for the expansion of 3's combat system. On the flip side, MGSV was an unnecessary sequel with a lot of hype behind it, and an entire important story section (basically the end) was cut wholly. There's a ton of story related shit from promotional material that is also cut.

Also, over the top isn't an objectively bad point. Excessively is one of those "subjective terms" you complained about
Honestly so is "flimsy controls". I'm genuinely not sure what you're trying to describe with that. Then again, I played on PC and just remapped controls and didn't really have any mouselook issues. Tripping over bodies is goofy but I cant think of an instance where it didn't lead to entertainingly dumb co-op shit. Lack of feedback on guns doesn't really apply to his praise of the game either, as he's talking about melee and setpieces
I don't think Resi6 is an absolute masterpiece, but I think he gave a pretty good set of reasons why it would be one of his favourite games of last gen. It's basically the same issue that Vanquish has. If you play it as a 3rd person cover shooter, it's alright. It's only when you get into the crazy action shit that the game starts to get interesting.
That's not even an argument limited to GamingBrit either, it's an idea that eventually attaches itself to any conversation about Resi6

On the other hand, SBH gets more wrong the more detailed he tries to be. I'd rather that someone take a small portion of a game and talk about that for 10 minutes while remaining accurate than have a 20 minute video talking about the full game with 30% of it being utter bullshit, or one or two points showing that he utterly lacks the knowledge or experience necessary to accurately discuss the topic before he spouts a series of shitty opinions

Exactly, so either he does like it, or doesn't care. Which is why it doesn't make sense to go out of your way and make a video complaining about "walkie-talkie" scenes.
This forced exposition even prevents you from beating Crash Bandicoot's high score when you first play it, or puzzles that require you to fumble around the environment even if you already know the solution, the first time Drake uses the rope always fails, dialogue choices that don't change anything, the fights with Nadine, and so on and so forth. UC4 is entirely built around this design philosophy, and the mechanics underneath just aren't that special and even on those terms there are still superior games out there.

I do understand that, but neither does RE6. The funny thing is that in his Vanquish video, he compared that game directly to RE4 in some aspects just because it's the same director, but somehow, the same standards don't need to apply when it's a game within the same franchise? (Which is essentially how he treats RE6, but still says series that deviate from its roots is a problem, lel) Not to mention his annoying voice in that Vanquish "review". Absolutely terrible.

I was thinking "action" as in big explosions and mowing down enemies, not beat em up/hack n slash games. But like I said, it doesn't matter how you label it as, or how you choose to play it. It's a pretty lackluster game on all fronts.

It's not that he praised DMC4's story, I've never said that, it's that he completely gave it a free pass in his review. At best, he mentions how it was a "shame" the game was unfinished because it could have been so much more, while giving no such excuses to MGSV. So it's okay to praise DMC4 because it expands on the gameplay despite being rushed, but MGSV gets completely shit on for being more or less on the same boat? From what I remember of his GZ video, he sounded like he didn't even want give TPP a chance and the game hadn't even come out at that time. That just reeks of bias. And whether or not the sequel was necessary or had a ton of hype is irrelevant. If anything, that just goes to show why I don't consider him to be a good reviewer.

No, but that's what most fans thought and didn't like it. That's when the series completely deviated from its roots, RE4 (and hell, even RE5) still had a few well-executed elements of survival horror and tanky controls.

Tripping over bodies, the character dodging when you want to stay behind cover or vice-versa, sometimes you want to do a QTE execution but do a regular weak attack instead, the overall loseness of the movement feels clumsy in cramped spaces, etc..

You think he would call it "one of the most legendary games of the last generation" if he wasn't talking about the game as a whole? Nonsense. He gave praise from head to toe.

What an insightful counter argument.

I'm disappointed in you Holla Forums.

ROCKCOCK64 and THE BEST GAMERS.

not an argument.

wew lad

this guy reviews are fucking hilarious and informative.

Lazy game reviews: He does a good job overall, and never disappoints me.

PushingUpRoses: She can be a bit opinionated and sometimes sounds like an SJW, but her reviews tend to be good.

AncientDosGames: His early work was great, though his recent work isn't as good as could be. His reviews tend to explore technical side of games along with the game-play.

8bit duke: His reviews are more analaysis. He talks about a game from start to finish and talks about the nicks and crannies of them.

Avalanche reviews: He tends to talk about obscure or forgotten games. Goes in-depth about them.

Super Derek RPG's: Does In-depth reviews of many rpg's, both popular and obscure.

Jimmy Happa: covers a lot of Japanese and obsucre games.One again, very in-depth reviews.

He's alright half the time, but other times he drops the ball and the review comes off as him whining. His review of NightFire for the consoles is an example of that where he says that no checkpoints in games in archaic.

Worth a buy is okay,, but his reviews can be summed up as, recommend or not recommended. He doesn't do a good job explaining why or even reviewing the product its self.

Except that's not what he complained about. It wasn't about scripted shit and it wasn't about cutscenes, it was about trying to have the cutscenes be "interactive" where you move slowly through a boring corridor during an exposition dump. He literally says in that video that he'd prefer to just have a cutscene

Honestly it does it quite a bit better than 5 and Revelations. I dunno if it does it quite as well as the "RE as a Character Action Game" crowd suggests, but there's at least a little more to the game on that front.

Pretty sure that's that "subjective terminology" you complained about before

Did you play DMC4 for the story? And a lot of people were pretty hesitant regarding MGSV, considering it was an entry to a series that could easily have definitively ended at 4, and continued to limp along for another console generation

So he needs to reflect the views of the fans? The fanbase is automatically objectively correct? The series deviated from its roots over 10 years ago, and he found enjoyment in one of the games since that embraced the cheese instead of trying to half-ass it like 5 did. He wasn't saying "Resident Evil should have been like 6 the whole time", he was basically saying "Resi's a lost cause but this game is fantastic value as a 10 dollar action game", or at least that's the message I got out of it.

Not controls, just a questionable game mechanic, like QTEs.

Don't remember running into these ever but I wouldn't doubt it. Not really different than any other cover-based TPS though to be perfectly honest. Also that second point is subjective terminology central. "The controls are flimsy because they're loose and feel clumsy"

Never had this happen, but didn't take advantage of melee enough to really notice anyway. Might see if I can convince my friend to free up enough harddrive space to finish the Jake and Sherry campaign when we both have free time

Also this seems a bit silly when you boil it down to "He likes a a shit game and a movie game" when the comparison here (SBH) is someone who is objectively, verifiably wrong on a fairly frequent basis

I went to check on Razorfags. (Don't worry I used Youtube dl) This caught my interest. He couldn't even be a contrarian when it was actually needed. I think the fanbase affects his opinions of a game more than the game itself.

The ones that do exist and are not completely shit are better left unnamed and not linked here due to entropy and normalfaggotry

Also a thread like this would've been dub-spammed to death only a few months back

This.

This.

Then you and him need to realize those things have the same basic principle. The game letting you play Crash Bandicoot but forcing you to fail at beating the high score, or having unwinnable fights against Nadine is no different than walking slowly. It's just another form of forced exposition where the player's control is subverted and the outcome is always the same. A cutscene would have been more suited for any of those cases.

Well, I'm not a youtuber with thousands of subscribers, I'm just questioning the taste of someone who praises a game that was widely considered to be average at best. On that note, the opening of his RE6 video (about 1 minute in) towards people's dislike for that game is pretentious and obnoxious as fuck.

Did you play DMC4 for the story?
No, and in the end, neither MGSV. Still, even a cheesy story can keep you motivated, which was what DMC3 had going for it. The relationship Dante had with Lady and the rivalry with Vergil and their characterization in DMC3 overshadows anything in DMC4, in which Lady and Trish are just cardboard cutouts that serve as little more than filler. GB's criticism didn't go beyond the ending, and only lamented the fact the game was unfinished. Similarly, MGSV expands on almost everything the series has done at that point from a gameplay perspective, but is unfinished (Kojima's explanation was utter bullshit, Ep. 51 was clearly cut from the game), and a forgettable story. GB has a completely unbalanced opinion of those two games.

But even 6 has that issue. If they were so adamant on making an over-the-top action game, what's the point of still combining herbs, having limited inventory space, and scarcity of ammo? Adding i-frames to the roll, getting rid of stamina, and pulling the camera further away from the character would also accommodate the action better. That's why RE6 fails at being either a survival horror and a shooter.

And if you're interested, Seraphim17 has a walkthrough of Leon's campaign on Professional. He points out the good and bad things of that game as he commentates over the footage.
Going on a tangent now, but I think this is actually one of the best ways to analyze a game, because otherwise the uploader can easily fall into the trap of cherrypicking and splicing specific footage so it can suit his predetermined opinions. At the very least, a continuous stream of gameplay allows the viewer to get a good sense of whether or not a game is worth it for them.

The problem is that it makes his other statements pointless. He's already ranted about the new God of War, how it's changing direction, that it's much more slow paced, and is a problem because the genre is in short supply, and it might even affect other similar games such as DMC, as he pointed out.
But we already know he enjoys the pacing of Naughty Dog games, and we know he ultimately doesn't care about a series deviating from its roots, so I wouldn't be surprised if ends up making a "Why God of War 4 is Awesome" and calling it "legendary" after it comes out.

I don't know about that, but one thing I can say for sure is that SBH has a much better attitude. He might not interact with the comments that much, but doesn't act nearly as dismissive and smug as GB does. This isn't as much of a problem as long as you mostly agree with what he says (his views on DmC were what drew me to his channel), but as soon as he says something you find objectionable, he becomes insufferable. That's why I can't stand Razorfist and TGBS anymore (and don't get me started on the fanboys in the comments section), despite having been subscribed to both of their channels in the past.