Ragnarok Online Thread: Wandering Knight Edition

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/

A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

hero-server.net/

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The private server we'll be playing on.

Key features of HeRO server are as follows:

Pre-Renewal

Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp

Levels cap at 99/50 and 99/70

More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

If you've never played Ragnarok, this is a great place to start. If you're an old adventurer this is a great way to relive those old times with a decent server that isn't bot infested.

Continue to level up the guild as well as help existing members level and have fun

Other urls found in this thread:

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Quested_Items
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie
youtu.be/eWL5Y0GSoQ0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit#gid=0
ratemyserver.net/skill_sim.php?jid=18
ratemyserver.net/checkstatus.php?id=793&name=heRO
irowiki.org/wiki/Tarot_Card_of_Fate
youtube.com/watch?v=k2_2Q3R9Eyk
irowiki.org/wiki/Finding_The_Moving_Island_Quest
silverrants.wordpress.com/
steamcommunity.com/groups/8vHeRo
gn0me.org/vfw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Quested_Items

For HeRO.
Some of these hats are pretty QT but.
Ugh.

Nice info to know, you can get 40k zeny and a +1 stat accessory in Prontera after you change to your first job. If you do the job change test, that is.

currently downloading.
im gonna make a bard like i always do

Alright, last time I did this a bit later in the thread, but it seemed to help a fair amount of people find their niche early in the game so I'll post them all again and add a few more.

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want next.

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Everyone's best friend. The main healer of the party. Acolyte's specialize in buffing and healing other members of their team. Build them with INT for stronger heals and more SP or be a combat Acolyte and put points into STR. Ether way, remember to buff your self and your party members.

what to play if you want fast attacking single target and HUGE facemelting AoE?

Two-handed axes suit Merchants.
Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.

AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.
Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.
However, if this server has resets, that I dont know, you can perfectly fine have a Blacksmith reach lv99 and not rebirth him, reset his stats to DEX and LUCK to craft elemental weapons to yourself and the guild, you can also sell them to players since they are quite valuable.
Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Whitesmiths (rebirth of Blacksmith) can UPGRADE weapons way better than the NPC with better % chance and with less materials.

High Wizard.

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker. Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now. If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, you can always reset your stats in this server (for a price of zenny).

I've never played Teakwon master but I main a Soul Linker who specializes in staying alive and esstun and esma casting. Fun stuff.

and what if you don't want to be a permavirgin?

Star Gladiator (Taek Master) are the most weird class of the bunch, depending if the number of the day is odd, or if it's day or night or what month it is… His power changes.
He can only have one of these powers in three maps, however, you can stack all of these in a single map.
It also focus on targets with the same name, choose wisely.

As you can see, it sounds pretty stupid, but when you have a Star Gladiator stacked a single map, they become GOD destroyer of worlds.

This little fellas deal MASSIVE damage on that map and are truly fearsome.

If you are an advanced player or you want to invest to be filthy RICH make a Star Gladiator and put your three maps on Morroc, where all the Satan's Morroc shadows are. If you focus the Ghosts you can try to lure them alone and 1v1 them into oblivion and pray to the gods that you get Diabolus ring, which usually costs a fucking fortune.

Gunslingers are ranged fighters who specialize in firearms, be it revolvers, shotguns, Gatling guns or grenade launchers (there might be more but I think thats all of them). Gunslingers will have to buy all there ammunition from venders, similar to how a archers arrows are consumables so are bullets and shells. Level up similar to a archer with Dex as your primary focus. AGI or VIT to dodge or stay alive longer. Gunslingers are pretty neat if you can get the hang of them, but NOT A RECOMMENDED STARTER CLASS as the weapons are expensive and the ammo is slightly as well.

Ninjas are a little strange as they can be ranged, up close and magical all at the same time. Figure out what one you want to make and build accordingly. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff done by ninjas in my time, so I've come to respect them as a class. Plus they look neat. Sorry for lack of detail on this class, I've never successfully built a proper ninja so I have little to offer.

You're asking for too much. You should choose between AoE or single target, both are nearly impossible to have unless you are a Wizard.

Even if a class have both (Lord knight and Paladin) their builds won't let them (well, you can but it's retarded) have the other. If you go Lord Knight of AoE, you'll deal usually more DPS with the skill than with single target, Baw Bash is an example.

For Paladin you either have massive AoE for only undeads or shield throwing for a single target.

So, in short, your best bet would be a Lord Knight.

This is a FUN class with NOTHING more. It's REALLY expensive to have a Gunslinger and ANY class do all of their jobs better.
However it's just fun to switch from pistols to shotguns or gatling gun just cause you can.
His skills costs money too even.

Like the gunslinger, its an expensive class and not recommended for beginners.

However Ninjas can be of use unlike Gunslingers.

Melee if PvP. Magician Ninja if PvE and PvP. If you wanna throw shurikens in PvE delete the character.

I'll be on and off from time to time helping the thread and whoever asks. However keep in mind that I refuse to join and play RO ever again due to how many years I've been on it.

Masochists unite! This is your class if you feel like suffering as a novice for 45 base levels. Super Novices (or SN) will find that they have all main 6 1st classes skills available to them! Whats nuts about it is that you're allowed to get 99 Job levels! So you can really get a ton of first class skills and mix and match. Mind that because of this builds will vary. But if you can deal with the suffering and strife of those first 45 base levels as a novice, this might just be for you.

Only real AoE class in this version of the game is Wizard spamming Storm Gust. Crusaders spamming Grand Cross and (strangely) Gunslingers spamming Desperado can come close and even exceed in some situations, but nothing matches Wizards in almost every scenario. Knights have Bowling Bash which can annihilate groups of bunched up enemies, but they still don't compare to Wizards later on.

Highest single-target DPS classes are Whitesmith, SinX, Champion, and Biochemist (sometimes). Wizards are generally average at single target DPS, they do well enough to level solo in most areas but can't compare to the potential of almost any other non-support class when it comes to dedicated single-target damage.

Hugeanon here. To my fellows in the Wolf map near payon, I expect huge results before I return.

I wasn't going to, but then this started up on my playlist…so I'm installing it

Why am I doing this? the good times will never come back

Massive gains. I (Christ-chan) am at 40/29 now.

The good times are already here, user.

All right, I give up. I'm rolling a wizard, IGN is Keishiro.
I've played this game for 9 years, make that time feel useful. ask stuff

I've been lurking for a while and now I'm finally ready to play after friends have been recommending the game to me for so long…

IGN: Hanyu

Man, #main is always good for a laugh.

So, are the stat/skill resets zeny based, donation based, or free?

Free until 40, then they cost zeny at first and then zeny and items later. I'm at 45 and it's 90k and no items for a stat or skill reset.

I see, but what items are we talking about, like some sort of custom coupon, or other miscellaneous vanilla items?

Not entirely sure.
I don't think I have any characters high enough to need items for it.

The items needed down the line are like Bookmarks and Torn scrolls I think. I could be wrong. haven't reset skills at a high level in a long while.

Did you DC?

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie

I highly suggest any new players attempt this quest. not only will it familiarize your self with the world, but also unlock this wonderful hat.

"The Buddy Beanie is a hat geared towards lower level characters! If you are base level 85 or lower, then you obtain the following bonuses: +600 HP, +80 SP, 5% more exp earned from non-boss monsters. All characters gain the 3 defense from the hat regardless of base level, and it is refinable. It has a weight of 20, is equipped in Upper Headgear slot, and requires a minimum base level of 12 to use. "

And I believe they get a bunch of buffs and kinda OP secrets late game, including a +10 to all stats buff if you haven't died yet when you reach level 70, and a +2000 HP buff at 99, and another at 150.
Not sure about the expanded class?

Cervix back on the hunt. Anyone have a lowbie they wanna level? I'm talking just hit first advancement :T

I'm proud of you all.

So proud that I'll be hosting a automated event in about an hour from this post.

What you'll need to do for the event is make a novice character and speak to one of the first NPC's you see. she'll take you into a waiting room. The rest will be explained while in the waiting room.

This is open to any and all players in the server. so even if you haven't been invited to the guild, you can still join in!

Looking forward to playing with you guys. Good luck!

Hold up, Pirone joining in, I'm getting in there right now.

You've got about 50 mins before it starts. no worries.

is there a warning when it's about to start or something?

Yep. the server shouts it out to everyone. its about 10 mins of warning before it starts.

Mopupjew

Haven't seen you around in a while, no experienced gained on your merchant in the guild.

Gonna kick now to make more room. Just not sure if you're an alt or not. If you decide to return, I'll get you back in.

So who do I talk to?

Instructions will be shown when the event starts. in about 35mins.

burning cripple

You left the guild for a new character, but you didn't say who the new character was.

you coming back dude?

FAGS

well i just created my character who i need to talk to get in the guild? IGN:SinBragi

If the guild has room now Hilda_ Needs an invite to guild as well.

Sorry, guild's gonna need another expansion before we can get some new blood in. I did my best to kick out alts and inactives, but hopefully we'll get another guild expansion before the end of the day.

Also on another note:

10 minutes before automated event starts!

We've just filled up, I'll grind out the rest of the guild EXP needed to open up six more slots after the event.
Feel free to wait in the area BEFORE the training grounds for the event in 10 minutes, you don't have to be a part of the guild to join.

Alright, so I finally decided to get in and create a character, name's DoctorCorn. Though I'm unsure of how long my stay will be, so I can cope with waiting until the guild has an extra 12 slots or something.

Also
A shame, I really liked the job change quests.

You get pretty sizeable zeny bonuses by talking to the Job Master after doing the quest, including a useful accessory or headgear depending on the class.

JC.png

You don't need to skip the quests, you should actually do them for some starting cash

TIME TO EVENT

Server will provide most instructions. Just fallow them.

man i suck at this event

Speaking of events does this server have the "Name that monster" event?

Alright so because I'm dumb I skipped the training grounds and missed out on muh free potions and… what the hell is this abomination?

Huh, seeing that there was a job change NPC on RMS I inmediately assumed the normal job master quests were disabled. At least it has been like that with my other private server experiences.

what's the event? I'm still downloading the server's version, and it's gonna take another two hours or so.

I want to get into this, but I'm too busy waiting for monster hunter to come out

36 Medals
16 Fruit left
I am a champion.

Hope you guys had fun.

Can't do these too often, but I'll try to do them when it feels appropriate.

Keep up the good work everyone.

it was great boss

For getting 39 medals. I got
2 Bloody Branches
1 Gold.
2 OBBs
and I forget if anything else.
This event is cool as fuck if we can get bloody branches.

Yep. you just have to do well enough to get them. I got the same amount of badges you did. If you get a perfect 50/50 badges (no death) you get an Old Card Album or Damp Card Album, I forget. Ether way good stuff.

Don't worry, man, it was complete bullshit two-hit-kill death run wrestling with the movement system.

another great event

I forgot how fun the game is even just playing a support Acco was pretty good. Shame I have fucking class but if anyone is good to lvl with an Acco in about 5 hours I'm down

I fucking missed it because all my character slots where full.

Character Delete cooldown is like 24Hours. so the event earlier today used up that slot.

I hear you all did really well and beat the boss poring. that's awesome! Most times the boss never gets killed and everyone goes home with crappy gear.

I continue to be impressed by you all.

switching from monk to priest

if anyone ~30 needs a healslut, i'm your aco :V

fun things are fun

Didn't mean to reply Postan from phone and didn't see it.
Also forgot to say I'm lvl 41

Party hardy in the DB room!

We dead branching in prontera lvl 50ish come here niggers

Good luck though hope you guys have a bit of fun before something OP shows up.

I was waiting for one of you faggots to show up
what took you so long?

Sorry for fucked up screenshot.

I'm sorry guys, but I'm going to stop trying for the night. Hopefully I can fix it by tomorrow.

The worst part, he won't drop a single item

We are memeing too hard gentlemen.

I'll come back in and see if I can be of any help.

Right, finally managed to get it running.

Going to be a merchant, and continue where I left off years ago-

Oh well, swordsman it is.

Also, there's seems to be quite a lot of QUALITY artwork from deviantart.

And this was the time when scroll up is "zoom out". God, this is going to take some time to get used to.

A huge amount of those merchants are going to be alts for maximum sell prices. I don't think we have a merchant main in the guild.

isnt Rozen Fire maining merchant?

aaaand its down

We've got at least two merchant mains, an alchemist and a smith.

fug, its down

rip server

Server down.

We didn't beat that boss.

Got him half his health too

Immense regret that I didnt go asura right away, but even more mad that someone wasted a BB

anybody know where i should level a rogue at around 57/21? Hitting metalings with my fists is pretty boring

well at least i get to be Crusader before the server died.

Goddamnit… The legend of HattoriHandsoap, the slippery ninja must be told.

get dragged in neko or toy factory, maybe brave nilfhelm too

It was me (pirone) and hiker, we don't give a fuck, he almost used another one on that room but I stopped him over skype.

Inb4 rollback

youtu.be/eWL5Y0GSoQ0

Leaving this here

dude

That just means 250 more Dead Branches to use.

This isn't wurm

I completely forgot that number sorry lad :^)

top pip lad.

I was hoping that was one of ours.

When the servers back up I'll see if I can get you into the guild.

I dunno where that is m8, and google ain't helping.

Custom map for the server. easy job levels.

my negrito

i think we reached the members cap AGAIN boss.

Neko Island is a custom spot in the server.
It's a little island with leaf cats and porings with similar EXP.
Top dock in Alberta, 5k to get there but there's a savepoint girl there.

Neko island is east of alberta, take 5k to get there and 2.5k to save the warp. That's where all the cool kids train

You know what that means then

THE TAX FIRE RISES

So whats the npc's name from the port?
the one for louyang or what ever the name is

Well what the fuck was I doing at mi gaos then

i think he's below that

missing out

Might be a bit spooky for me, but i'll check it out

Guys I think that going STR/DEX/VIT Taekwon Master as your first class is a mistake. I'm torn between Blacksmith, Wizard and Hunter atm

I usually run tank for our guild members. so if the server ever decides to come back on I'll help you out.

Who are you responding to?

If you know how to blacksmith we could use one. I don't think we have any yet.

I've never played RO before, does it have any good support orientated classes? This is important.

Pirone and Hiker rerolling hunter and whizzard, too many melees on clan

yes

Yes the priest is the best class

Hunter is ez mode and a good farming/mvp character

Soul Linkers are wonderful supports and im surprised there's only one guy maining it

You sure dude, that looked like a lot of hours invested in.

Well, what kind of support? If its heals and basic buffs, Priests have that down pretty well.

If its party/AOE buffs then Bard/dancer is what you'll want to do.

If you want to do some trippy shit by unlocking some ones hidden skill take up soul linker and team up with some people for some interesting actions.

Or you can be a dancer if you want to be a slut

p-please no, that was my niche

I didn't know there are many oldfags being nostalgic with this game.

I won't delete my monk, lol

Priests, Soul Linkers, Bards/Dancers and Sages are supports

Yeah but Hunters are too popular and I'm kind of a hipster

I have experience as whitesmith, but I probably won't be a forger because leveling with 1 str/vit/agi is a pain in the ass so idk

No pressure for crafting. Just so you know though, you can pay zenny (and some items later down the line at higher levels) to reset your stats/skills in this server.

Just good to know stuff.

If a monk gets soul linked he can ignore cast time for Asura completely plus only consume 4 spheres, his finish blow also becomes an AoE attack. This is one of the example of soul linking.

Slapping buffs on people or healing, either is cool or whatever you need more of.

Dancer or soul linkers sounds fun.

I'm gonna see if my pos laptop can handle it. In the meantime, some pretty music.

I guess I'll play seriously this time. How old is the server?

Just make sure you make a lady character if you want to be a dancer otherwise you'll end up with a bard

10 years

That's not quite right. That asura ignoring cast thing is only when you use it after raging thrust in a combo, and you don't need link for that.
The link does make raging thrust AoE and reduces its sp consumption though

11 years.

i've never played soul linker so im just reading what i understand in my monk guide

And here I am, thinking you guys bullshitted, and then I remember I'm not on cuckchan's /rog/
At least the server is healthy, I hope?

When you log in there is at 13 year anniversary logo some times.

I think it could be that old.

But I've personally been on it for some 7 or so years. I just know its 10+ years old.

I'll bear that in mind, is there anything else I should be aware of before starting? downloading it now

It's dangerously comfy.

Get a guide asap if you dont want to get fucked over later and have to reset

Prepare to get cozy, user.

Fallow the post in OP for some handy tips. remember to enable bgm with /bgm for those sweet tunes.

Go to the training grounds, you get free levels and HP potions

talk to everyone there too for free levels

Follow through with the Training Grounds, talk to everyone.
Do your job quest, then talk to the Job Master for a reward.
Talk to SavePoint girls, especially the one in Prontera, to unlock warps and get quests.
Use the Special->Roleplay Tavern for free warps to Prontera.
You get free resets until Base Level 40, the reset master is in the house to the bottom left when you warp to Prontera.

Prepare to get cozy and have fun.

THE SERVER'S STILL DOWN FUCK

Why is server down for so long

is it still down? fuck

Hey, nerds, take this time while the server's down to go to your Control Panel on the HeRO website.

There's a little thing called 'Vote4Points' you can do to earn points to buy donator bits by helping the server.

FRIENDLY REMINDER
1. Start a New Character
2.Put most of your points in str, with some in dex
3.Do the tutorial and talk to all the npcs for items and gear. Always accept the tutorial lessons.
4. stay in the tutorial battlegrounds until job level 10. You can talk to the npc at the start to go to a different area with stronger monsters. You should be able to take them down and get to jlvl 10 in no time
5.do the personality quiz and just keep tapping enter until you get sent to izlude
6. do the swordsman quest (all you have to do is keep walking and never touch the black. You don't have to stop to fight. if you do, it might path you into a pit)
7.After you job change, go to the prontera job changer and get your welware check
8. use the banker to transfer the cash into your main
9. rinse
10. repeat

If you are in dire need of cash and can't farm well, do this. 40k each time.

Guys lets all bother the admin to implement the @wewuz command to give us orc face on demand.

Thanks for the advice all, I'll drop my IGN in the thread once I get some levels behind me and shit if you guys have a guild going.

We can help, mang.

The guild is InfinityCircuit

But the map server is down.

I guess if anything this just shows that the server is still well maintained that its getting time for shit like this on a regular basis.

We will help you level dude. Thats what guild mates are for.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit#gid=0

Another reminder to fill out your info in the Guild Document. It's there for a reason, so we have some idea of who is what and if they need or can do anything.

Only if you crusade against the undead.

Right you are Please Clap.

I-it should be coming back any m-minute…I'm sure of it…

We did it Reddit, we went full refugee on the server!

it takes a long time to delete a character though, so only do this if you're desperate

Soon™

10 minutes, m8. Just set to delete as soon as you are done. Also, I did say "in dire need". If you do this twice in a row, you first character should be ready for deletion.

my 2 novices i made for the events still haven't been deleted though, how much time does it take?

You have to manually delete after the timer is up.

You cannot kill the messiah.

well fug

I don't think there is a rule against it, but I'd recommend not doing it in case GMs are watching character logs or whatever.

If you push forward to late game and do the Moscovia quest there is a pretty nice area where you can rake in quite a good haul of loot that sells well. That's assuming your strong enough to survive the ordeal.

Server was up for a second and then went back down.

I'll play stupid. The game forces you to read many rules. The Homunculus quest forces you to read a bunch of rules and then type in a bunch of answers.

If what I'm doing is illegal, I'm sure they would have made it clear.

"Finally"
Fucking auto-shops crashing the server

I wonder if we were the only ones actually playing.

So from what you've seen so far, what job class looks the coolest to you ascetically speaking?

sages for sure.

also
my nigga

Other than a few fags sitting around in prontera, chatting or whatever, it's very likely.

i dunno i hear pure vit mage does pretty well m80

And the sad part is, a bunch of Koreans about 15 years ago made an MMO that still is better all of them. RO is literally so low tech you can play it on your phone now.

I would say High Wizard and Professor have the best outfits.

Nah, there's the eventual edgy WoErs in prontera.
I once saw some guys making a shitload of potions on payon.

Welcome back to the thread, we're having a blast. Used a bunch of DBs and some bloodys too, Eddga was 2 stronk.

Motherfucking blacksmith, walking with his hand on his pocket, cool as fuck.

The best looking has to be the gunslinger

obviously clowns and profesor

Female Whitesmith and High Priest are the only answers

Lord Knight

Fun Fact: Gloria Domini used to drop god's foot on niggas. Not it's just a cross.

FUCK! Without this distraction, all I have is introspection to kill me in the last few hours before I have to prepare for work.

ratemyserver.net/skill_sim.php?jid=18
Prepare your awtism

where you get this data?
I need a constant feed of the server status so I don't have to try to login every 30 seconds.

ratemyserver.net/checkstatus.php?id=793&name=heRO

Thanks much.

The niche jobs such as gunslinger, ninjas, taek kwon and soul linkeers are very nice looking because they're only added years later when the artists improved their sprite arts.

Best one would be gunslinger

Thank you.
God damn why the fuck are we having a maintenance already.

Be prepared to be completely useless until you get estin/estun and esma, where you will then fuck over everything you seeuntil you run out of sp

irowiki.org/wiki/Tarot_Card_of_Fate

Anyone thinking about bard, should look at this.

going with link and self bragi and spamming this shit is one of the best things about begin a clown

also how viable is rocket launcher gunslinger

Rocket/Mine gunslinger is more of a WoE centered build

I came here to laugh at you.

From my experience, it's okay. The real damage from gunslinger comes from handguns and desperado.

ITS BACK ON NIGGERS

It will fix itself! I swear!

Absolute shit.
Really for gunsligners there are like 3 things you can do.
AGI/DEX for PvE memery.
Desperado WoE build- This actually can have the highest DPS in the game period. It goes through penuma and is AoE. With buffs and gunslinger doing this can wipe entire guilds instantly trying to get through a precast. Downside is that it requires very specific gear and set ups to do.

The final one is AGI/LUK/DEX build with a double drosera leveer action rifle. With that high of a crit rate, you plink away at anything with a crit on every shot.

Come on you silly bitch

ITS UP.

Poring event right off the bat

SOME ONE STARTED AN EVENT

GET THE FUCK IN

it's back niggers

Just missed the event ;_;

Server is lagging for some reason.

I got a slotted manteau and a bomb poring hat from the event, what's the worth of that in this server?

Slotted Manteau is nice. Bomb Poring hat is pretty nice too. Mostly for PVP or WoE. I've done nether so I cant say how good, but I know people like them.

slotted manteu would fetch around 2 mil on vanilla

the poring hats just assume that everyone in the past 10 years have already gotten countless of them, i see neko hats being sold for 20k

same

I have a key of the underground. This sounds like it would be worth a lot but is it?

Not worth much. but a key to a lower section of a dungeon. something to hold onto for when you decided to explore down the line.

i wish i could put a point into 'divest life' and kill myself for choosing this shitty class

youtube.com/watch?v=k2_2Q3R9Eyk
This is what completing the Moscovia dungeon entrance quest gets you when you learn to play the GUSLI.
Also if you turn off your music and have effects on, you can hear your character actually play the Gusli itself. Its pretty cool actually.

How to join the guild?

PM S.Logan

What's a gusli

thanks for tanking at nekos, logan :3c see you all tomorrow!

How good is Super Novice?
Wuddbout Monk?
Is there a MAGIC MISSILE class?
if I try for Super Novice, does High Novice alleviate difficulty in doing the damn thing?
tips for not dying?

A musical instrument in Moscovian lore that is very powerful. The strings are made of material that comes from the magical whale itself. It is an item in game that allows the user to call this moving island from anywhere in the world that's connected to the ocean.
In game its used to access the moving whale from the dock in Moscovia.

Super novice is niche. Monk is good for fisting and comboing. If you want magic missle, champs that throw spheres can do it. Or Ninjas or professors. Wizards are best at AoE spells.
High novice is just a regular novice with 100 more stat points that happens after rebirth.

Rebirth works like this.

1->99->Vallhalla/rebirth->1-99
Novice ->Class->rebirth->High Novice->Class

Super novice goes.

1-99
Novice->Super Novice

And thats it.
SN is a very niche class that requires large amounts of gear to not be a complete waste of space.

Magic missile is a wizard's fastest spell

I'm goin super novice
it gunna be good

If you can lock your experience, it will be. When I played on EuphRO years back, I had a hotkey sequence set up to chant the power phrase that would turn a Super Novice into a gleaming god for a short period of time. By the Power of Greyskull, indeed.

I have an SN shield and mantle i wish to get rid off, you can contact Soab if you need

OK nerds, after MUCH thought I decided to roll with blacksmith. Hunters are so tempting with their elemental arrows and easy peasy leveling on geographers and peach trees though

I also have a blacksmith I wish to level, we can train together

I mean it's still a lv 25 merchant right now

Play dead skill where?

Well, at least the vendors are still as annoying as ever. Not much has changed at that part.

That makes me rethink my decision. Maybe I should stick with merchant and become a smith. I'd be the greatest smithslut ever.

Northwest corner of Prontera. Same place you start the first aid quest, if you didn't get it for free, dicking around in the training area. Southernmost NPC talks about it, then sends you to the second floor, east side of Prontera castle to talk to the nursing trainer or whatever to get a novice token, same NPC you get the bandages from for the first aid quest.

Was there a particular reason why HeRO was chosen as the server to play on? Aren't there other more populated low rate servers?

It's just the server I know and love.

That's it really.

Why am I doing this to myself?

That's some top tier autism son.

I know because I've done it my self. Shits tough.

I see, I didn't know that it wasn't in the damn training area. I screwed myself out of the godlike starting gear then.

Thanks Logan

Hey since server crashed you still playing after it goes back Killa?

We're up.

Monster Hunt event going on in Izlude in 5 minutes!
Everyone be on the lookout for apolgy events from the GMs all day!

Wow lewd.

Anyone wanna tank Leaf Cats for me :^)

Rolo here, I can kite/tank them for you.
Are you in the guild?

My other character is, but there are no slots left. I'm sitting in Prontera atm

Gonna be making a merch later today after I do the wizard test.
If anyone wants to join me for some non-solo leveling, they are welcome to join me
-ark on phone

Event Starting

Some one has started an event. Get in.

damn i was too late

Anyone remember where you get iron ore from in the training ground, I just need that and a shit load of apples but at least I know where to get apples from

in the training ground the only thing that drops iron ore is chonchon at 1.5% iirc (so 4.5% on this server)

Hold the fuck up. you're doing the novice wings quest right? did you already pick an alliance? I'm pretty sure you need to be ether light or dark alliance to get the appropriate wing set.

Welp looks like i'm gonna hit level 30 after all

Yup picked dark because I don't want to work for a servant of the goddess of fire places

Alight, good to hear that you got a side already.

Hope you're able to do the rest of the quest.

do you guys have a functioning quest log or is it in korean for you too?

Some shit was never fixed. That's one of them so it seems.

Who /wizardy/ here?

grats man

Is anyone getting repeated disconnection when they get on Rachel

we look like the guys at Nekroglobikon

Found another guild mate while making my merch alt.
As soon as I finished leveling up over charge, vid related happened.

Forgot picture! Oops!

WHERE'S THE EVENT

Is the Taekwon class part of pre renewal? What's the 10th rank point threshold if anyone can be so kind as to find out?

WHERE DID EVERYONE GO

type /taekwon to see the rank

I know, but I don't have the game downloaded.

What are Dead Branches and Poring Boxes used for? I got like 35 branches from that event.

10th place has 373 points

Dead Branches summon a random non-MVP monster

Poring Boxes summon a random Poring variant.

You guys are either very brave or very stupid.

They spawn random monsters, I say save 'em because we just used a load of them justyesterday

That's not too bad I guess. Thanks.

That is a minimum 37,400 monsters any new taekwon must kill.

I'll keep them in bank till people need em then.

18/12 thief grinding two maps west on prontera if anyone wants to join

Everyone get to level 70 ish. So we can all party.
Logan please give Askvardt alpha title for some tax evasion purposes.

THE GUILD HAS EXPANDED DONG ONCE MORE

Meaning we have a few new slots open for players who haven't had the chance to get in due to being at capacity.

So if you'd so kindly reply to this message with a character who's been waiting I'd appreciate it.

If your hunting creamies may I suggest a better map?

Go to Geffin, then go west once, then south. that map is full of creamies. Best Creamy Hunting map.

I don't have the hit to effectively hunt creamies yet. I'm looking for rockers mostly

The time has come to look into going to better maps for EXP and loot.

May I suggest that we start working toward Moscovia Dungeon.

This is the quest you'll have to do to access it.

irowiki.org/wiki/Finding_The_Moving_Island_Quest

I'll do my part as guild master and start gathering some of the harder to come by items with my main character Taro Mochi. Feel free to whisper to him with anything while I'm away from my guild leader character.

We were doing pretty good at ice dungeon earlier today, but soab is a faggot and wouldn't steel body.
I was also thinking about going sphinx 5 for pasanas/anubis

That reminds me.

SUPPRESS YOUR POWER LEVELS, PEOPLE

Don't go full refugee on these Germans until we've had the chance to take over castles and make it into the history books.

Daily Reminders

Also, try not to generate or involve us in any drama. Everything's good so far, we don't need to go to shit like some of those other Holla Forums groups. At least, not so soon.

My build don't recommend steel body because I put jack shit into VIT, i get your point though.

And if it helps i'll get it at job 58

Hey Holla Forums. Why do you play Ragnarok? What is it that made the game good - in particular, what did ToS not have? All I've heard is that it forces you along a mostly linear path while RO is more open.
Just curious, I never played RO in its heyday and I certainly don't have the time now with a 9-to-5 job.

Every cities and maps are interesting, mobs are interesting, a lot of gears take a fuck ton of efforts to make and are mostly cosmetics. The whole card systems means even trash mobs are worth farming, therefore no mobs are bad. The quests are also interesting and hard as fuck with big pay off, usually in the form of dungeon unlock or recipe unlock, or just free levels.

Also people play RO for the community, you have an incentive to party with other people and being in guilds. Also the game was designed with modem internet in mind and ancient toasters so any computers today can run it.

ToS is nice looking, also good music, but the rest is infected with the modern day MMO disease. Even if it has gorillion classes it's still only slightly better than the shit we get nowadays. Also it has shit optimization.

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like.
Just saying RO is merely more open than ToS is an understatement, you can go anywhere anytime and party up with anyone to kill strong ass monsters to level fast or get good gear, you will most likely die trying though, because the monsters are a real danger even if you have the same level as them.
There are no questlines guiding you through the game, you basically level just by killing mobs and the few quests give you stuff like items, special skills and access to new areas.
The gear is much more solind in this game too, Instead of getting a new sword every 5 levels you can get a top tier neutral element frmo the shop instantly if you have the cash, note that it may not be the best sword, because those often lack card slots for advanced builds and they have no element. This makes crafting gear and refining a much more important thing right from the low levels.
The best thing in it to me is the monster layout and party playing, there are strong monsters everywhere and they can be anywhere on their respective maps, makes playing with a party very important in almost every place you go especially on the higher level areas. Of course you can still solo, but you'll be pretty limited and will have to tackle weaker challenges.
Note that when you kill an enemy, no matter your level, you always get the same XP, so no matter if you're and kill a lvl1 monster or manage to kill a lvl100 one there's no XP penalty. You still get shit % frmo the low levels because they give you low XP already, but killing stronger enemies anywhere is very rewarding. In most MMOs and even ToS if you team up and kill a strong monster you get shit XP because of level discrepancy, instead you have to go into shitty instance dungeons and kill low level strong monsters.

The game has a level of open-endedness that only games like EVE can top, and this was further reinforced by constant updates of good content and a subtly enforced sense of community; players are also relevant to the game at all times, whether its to the economy through item/card drops, what content they can access,or community-driven matters.
We may urge people onto an easy fast track for leveling, but even amongst us being eager to share our veterancy, we all have varying ideas and strategies about how to play the game and progress, especially early on; and this is something that's even survived the era of forum/gamefaqs guides for literally everything.

Everything about the game, from its art to its music was solidly done and iconic; down to every last enemy and map in the game, which you could show to any RO player and they could tell you something unique about it; whether it's the weakness of the enemies there, the card the wandering boss of the area drops, the requirements to enter, or just the music.

To me, it's the Thief of MMORPGs; a game that's spectacular, only because it did things right, and it should've been surpassed far, far long ago.
I also wrote like 25,000 words on why ToS blew dicks, but shilling my blog is always in poor taste.

I don't even play ToS or Ragnarok, but post your blog, faggot.

What's the point of this?

silverrants.wordpress.com/
I just talk about videogames every two weeks, I'm not exactly an e-celeb or anything.

I'm interested in the game too

Well, for one, if you kill something hard, you get rewarded for it. This is what ToS failed to do and this exactly what the fucking renewal fucked up beyond all redemption.
In RO, progression is locked around one thing: grind. You grind to level up. That's it. Most if not all of the MMO these days, you have to do some stupid fucking quest chain that brings you to places you forget after half an hour. This is not the case with RO. Almost every map in RO serves at least one purpose and they all have different, special aesthetic to make it interesting. Almost as if every single map is handcrafted and never reusing assets.
Then there's the music. IMCGames may have had SoundTeMP doing ToS' BGM but I sure as shit don't see it in ToS.
Also no vertical progression bullshit where the things you get from higher level mobs absolutely murders the lower leveled one.

Is the server really laggy for anyone else? Its really annoying.

works on my machine

So you just… grind in this game? Forever?

There's a few hiccups sometimes.
Stuff like being locked in autoattack is common, it's part of RO's faulty combat/movement system.

It's pretty good when the grind is varied and fun.
You also don't need to try to progress every second, you can explore, collect stuff for some weird quest you found, try to drop certain items fopr whatever reason, etc.

Think about it, to progress in ToS or even in any other MMORPG you grind all the same, forever, but instead of doing whatever you want you have to do what the game tells you to in order(questlines/map orientation).

Is there a guide I can follow or something? The beginner guide doesn't feel that fleshed out and I cant find a good place to grind a lvl 32 thief.
My eyes hurt reading the tiny text in this game

You grind in the game forever in the same sense that you just do crazy combos in DMC forever.
Yes, the main activity is grinding. Grinding for gear drop, grinding for card drop, some server has grinding for trash drops to exchange for hats.
It's how you grind that makes the game fun. You have a bunch of bosses each different. The party combination may be the same every time but how you fight the boss is a little bit different each time. Mobs are the same, most mobs are unique in their aesthetic and some are in their attack behaviors.
You also do the thing with your friends. So that's a plus right there. When's the last time you partied up in an MMO that's not to do a dungeon?

You never played it then?
You're in for an adventure of trial and error then, my friend.
Spore's are good on the very startafter becoming first class after novice, then wolves.
I say just explore stuff and try leveling with what you find though, that's not optimal but it's a nice experience.

Spore is good from 15 to around 35. Then you can start killing wolves depending on what your class is.
But yes, I suggest trying to kill wolves.

Sounds pretty neat. Most MMOs are just grindfests, even if they pretend like they aren't. I know the music for this game is pretty good, though.
So what's up with this server?

Somehow it flew under my radar for 10 years of its life for whatever reason. It has a moderate playerbase of around 180 if the website is to be believed, and to have that stable playerbase for a decade, it must have done things very well.
I actually only just downloaded the game, still waiting for it to install right now

Low rates: 5x/5x/3x
This means that you have to actualy play the game to reach high levels, yet you level 5 times faster than the original server that was a had absurdly slow grind. Items are 3 times wasaier to come by too, good to get semi rare drops, but really rare drops are still really rare.

Pre-Renewal with Renewal content.
One day gravity decided: "let's kill our own game". So they implemented a lot of shit mechanics and revamped the world map and monster stats/location in the worst possible way. This server is great that it has the old mechanics and monsters, but also has lots of content that was added to the game after gravity implemented the renewal disaster

No bullshit server commands
Some servers opt with stuff like @warp and such, those OP commands trivialise everything you do in the game, this server only has essential stuff like @autoloot.

No bots.
This server hates all kind of cheaty behavior, be it bots or macros. One of the reasons ragnarok is considered dead is that botting is pretty common in the game. On very grindy servers like the OFFICIAL ONES, there like 90% chance that if you find someone grinding, it's a bot. I've yet to see any bots in this server, and they make it very clear in the server that it's forbidden behavior.

Events
This server is having some fun events from time to time, with good rewards.

Custom stuff
I don't much care for this, but the server has some unnoficial content that actually pretty balanced and interesting.

Just for anyone still in the thread who hasn't done so, there is a guild steam group. You don't have to be a guild member to get in, but its a good way to communicate with fellow guild mates.

Joining is not required, but its a way to keep in touch outside of the thread if not in game.

steamcommunity.com/groups/8vHeRo

wew

wow it's like 2008 again

I remember using a download manager because it took a whole day 2 download.

Just download the patch and get the full client somewhere else.

Too late, I'm already halfway into it.

That's a good thing, nigger.

Jesus faggot, get some dex.

take the whole thing you saucy download slut

Hugeanon here.

I usually like to fuck around with a second guy in games. How is Rogue?

stalkers can strip people's gears off in pvp and woe, a wild card

or maybe that was rogue, can't remember

Can they be useful with a dagger and shit?

Oh christ, I have no idea what class I want to play. I guess I'll play it by ear.

Rogue/Stalker are somewhat weird in their attack type, like Ninja.
You can use dagger and backstab people, or you can use a bow to Double Strafe from afar.
Or, you can use Plagiarism and be a precaster in WoE.

Whats your character name. I could get you into the guild we have going on. That way you can chat with other anons.

I'm 90% downloaded

Last bit. Is there a dagger guide for them out? Or is it all bow related?

Usually people just use bow because well, Assassins just use dagger better. And people prefer to spec for stripping on Rogue/Stalker because it's effective.
In PvE, bow is the way to go because it's stable damage from afar.

Making a thief/daggersin, how do I get in guild?

Is it usually supposed to take this long?

Check your spam box if you're using Gmail.

Motherfucker, I was checking like, 3 other folders for it. Thanks.

I'm in, is there a particular city I should spawn at?

it's rogue

Just follow through with the tutorial area, it's free levels and items.
It doesn't matter what town you pop out in, you can take the Roleplay Tavern warp in the special tab on WarpBoys to head to Prontera for free at any time. Talk to the SaveGirl there and do her quest.

Otherwise, just go south of Payon and stab spores, then wolves.

Why do the grass tiles have a bunch of black squares? Is it because of the rendering?

nvm I got it I'm not retarded

new mages can use this to train vertical firewalling gn0me.org/vfw/

Oh wow! So many people.

Cool, I just finished training. Seems fun.
My name's Exactono, I'd appreciate an invite to the guild or something.

i play on a lot of private servers, and the introduction on this one is kind of lame.

and some of the rules blow. no dual clienting? for real? how the fuck else do you play merchant?

is there a storage feature that all my characters share so i can easily transfer items? and does homun ai count as botting or macro?

You can make a secondary account to do merchant selling. There are plenty of those set up.

As for the storage, yeah between characters on the same account. you may need to get creative to transfer items to another account however.

As for the homun ai botting stuff, as long as you're not afk farming you're fine. also try not to let it kill steal other peoples mobs. that's about it really.

alright, thanks for the answers

i just made my character, hopefully i can meet some people in game who are around my level at this hour

Have you met up with anyone yet? What's your IGN?

no, i haven't met or even spoken to anyone yet.

my IGN is Taroc

Fuck that, going to sleep. I'll try again tomorrow

At lv32 you can level in the deeper areas of Payon Dungeon (in the 2-3 floors), 2-3 floor of Pyramids (don't try Sphinx, be careful they seem alike for a first timer due to Egyptian theme) and be careful not going into the secret area where the MvP is, you'll die instantly at your level due to Arclouzes and Ancient Mummies.

You can, also, go to Byalan dungeon killing in the 3th floor for some roses and gems for money, kill those sirens as your priority and be careful of the only Merman of the map since it will kill you without a doubt.

Another place you can try at your level is Lutie Dungeon where you should kill those little elfs for good EXP and HP items, if you feel brave enough try to kill in the second floor mysterious boxes, those gifts boxes that are walking around, remember to write /effect before fighting them and putting /effect back again after killing them, one of their properties is that they fuck with your screen (its intended but you can turn screen-fuck ups off redeeming that gimmick useless).

You can, also, try Comodo right right and kill Alligators, there should be an NPC that asks for Alligators skins that can give you EXP for it, you can repeat it till a limited level.

As you can see, Ragnarok Online has a lot of options and a lot of places. I bet my ass that I'm missing many places that you can go perfectly fine, but those places were my go-to depending on the character I was playing or what I needed.
No, I never liked killing wolves.

180 playerbase is low even for RO nowadays. I'm used to see around 800 players even in low rate servers. Maybe it's because Europe won't let go of RO?

After so many many years of RO, I feel that the best rates for a low rate server are x10 x10 x10 and for a medium rates from 75x to 125x.
A x10 is already grindy enough to be honest.

Don't think there are any of those NPCs there.

This server doesn't have a repeatable quests NPCs? Weird for a low rates server.

It should be around that one point of "You are here" of the Map.

Is there much value to playing a support-oriented character?

depends on what kind of support character. all are appreciated, but some more so than others.

I gave a bit of an explanation here

More are always appreciated.
Priests and Priests only get more valuable as time goes on, and Soul Linkers are always valuable.

Supports are highly valuable in RO and also neat, they're fun to play as fuck.

I'll list the characters that can support, however, even if they can support they CAN do other stuff:
Acolyte - Priest - High Priests: Heal, so many buffs that you will bleed, debuffs, resurrection, insta kill undeads that are not bosses (you can heal bomb MvPs though, it works)…
Magician - Sage (Only Endow and Scrolls to enchant someone else's weapon into one element) - Professor / Scholar: Give SP (mana), steal mana, negates AoE, snares, massive single target damage.
Archer - Bard/Dancer - Clown/Gypsy: Let's go with the Clown first, nearly instant cast for friends around him, a lot of ASPD (attack speed) for friends around him, increases max HP, can freeze things with his bad jokes, arrow vulcan is a nice burst skill. Gypsy, can increase max SP and I forgot her other support things, she can stun people by being annoying (literally), also if a Bard and a Dancer are together they can duo many strong as fuck songs buffs that are neat as fuck, however dancers are so rare that it's not worth spending points on duos.
Taekwon - soul linker: Gimmicky motherfucker, his buffs are exclusive depending on the class you wanna buff, avoid him if you wanna be a support till you know what you are doing.
Swordsman - Crusader - Paladin: Chant weird opera shit for random buffs that are really strong and sacrifice your own for the greater good (you receive damage instead of others).
Merchant - Alchemist - Biochemist: You're a hipster priest that can throw potions to heal people, those potions are not free and you spend them, you can also grow some useless plants (its useless cause your homunculus is way too strong). Avoid unless you know your shit.

Am I missing something?

Dont even forget diffferent types of builds for each class.

INT priest/ FS priest
FS prof/INT prof
Bard gets screen wide jokes that can cause freezing

FS bio-chems can go full fuck you and be hard as fuck to kill if they stack VIT. With their gear being unstrippable, they can heal themselves and tanks for absolute shit tons.
Bio chems with end game skills reach the highest levels of healing possible.

I don't think you have seen a Priest with the Sprint set and Angelic Ring.

I dont think you've seen a biochem doing 10k potion pitches ever second.
Or 5k each heals on an entire guild stack in a second.

I did
But those fuckers are greedy jews that wont heal anyone because muh mats

My oldest screenshot in the HeRO server.

Just posting because why not.

Dat resolution

who dis

Character or player? that character is long gone. but the player behind this post is the guild master.

The best part of /bangbang, /bingbing and /doridori is that it has special properties for Taekwondo classes.

yep. neat little secrets.

The skills straight up tells you if you read it entirely.
It's just that people dont like to read and go straight up to the numbers.

Super novice

I forgot how easy hunter alts were. Farming hill winds and other mobs will be easy.

New thread will show up in the morning when I wake up.

Fear not if the thread is gone, it'll soon be replaced by a new one.

Next time explain the latest classes instead of the first ones, as an example, explain about Champions and High priests and just say that they come from Acolyte instead of explaining Acos.
Some people can be confused with the explanation since some has little to do with the previous class, like Archer or Taek may confuse the most.

Everyone went to bed.

To be honest, the reason I didn't get into those was because I have no personal experience with them.

If you have some ideas on things to say about those classes, please post them and I'll be sure to add it in in fallowing threads.

For now I'm gonna stick to the base classes I covered as its a sort of way to tempt new players and give them an idea of what they're getting into.

I'm just helping these threads for nostalgia alone even if I dont play with you guys.

I'll see what I can do on the next thread, if you like it, you grab it, if not, welp.

jiiiiii~~

I've added your commentary to the classes copypasta that I've been using.

So you're thoughts about those classes will be part of it as it was very helpful in my opinion.

I appreciate the effort.

I didn't

Master race here.

No, I'm not kikewheels

God damn it faggots, respond to me.

no

IGN: MoneyRK
this is my first time playing RO, i was checking out some build and i think im gonna go an AGI two-handed swordsman.

Why a LK and not a whitesmith or assasin cross?

If he wants to be BigHugeMcLarge with a metal bat let him.

But user, Im just asking why he prefers that. I wanna know.

I'm back. did you guys manage to finish the moscovia quest?

Some might've. I just went to sleep.

I'd honestly recommend playing the game at like 720p. It makes the text so much easier to read.

fuck already doing mosco?

The quest is open right now btw, just got on the boat

New Thread to anyone still here.