Game is multiplayer-only

What's wrong with multiplayer-only games?

If its good, who cares if theres singleplayer campaign

For the most part they don't do much with multiplayer beside doing what others have done before. All the overwatch clones are dead and forgotten and so are most multiplayer only games. It's no longer impressive to run and shot at other people from match to match you need something interesting to keep people involved.

Why bother with a singleplayer if the game is focus on multiplayer? They only ever do it just to justify a $60 price tag on. Mutiplayer games should only ever be around $20-$30 to play anyway.

Being single player and online based isn't itself a problem $ wise. Plenty of examples where it works. It's obviously to block piracy, but if game itself isn't appealing enough in the first place it really won't do shit. But that's still not an indictment to always on gameplay (from the perspective of blocking piracy in order to get financial success) but to not make a shit game.

Not only is there what said, but also the fact that you get to have fun with a nothing-service when the game's servers get shut down.

I remember the time when buying a game meant you got to keep a functioning, active product forever, not a shitty waste of data storage space that dies completely after some time.

I still don't get the point of this.

instead of a horde they are 5-7 at best one time until you kill them all and game spawns new ones straight out of it's ass(ground)
Really, how fucking hard it is to make a game engine and game that doesnt shit itself when there's dozens of enemies on screen?

Then why would you play it in the first place? Doing the math here is simple:

If a game has DRM, it's almost certainly trash. This is the simple truth of the matter.
What's funny is that there are indie devs who drank the kool-aid about "evil pirates stealing sales", and they're putting denuvo and shit on their tiny no-marketing-budget games. They're just shooting themselves in the foot, because without piracy nobody will ever know their game exists.

Forcing people to be online when playing singleplayer is a cardinal sin that should never be forgiven. I never beat Battlefield 3's single player due to it being always online, and the millions of issues that came with that.

I still can't believe how you had to install a browser plug in to play the game.

[Citation needed]
I'm in favour of piracy too but let's not lie to ourselves

Not b8 faggot. Unless the SP mode is just MP with bots. That should be standard.

I've never pirated a game, I just refuse to buy games that aren't completely DRM-free.

checked

Trips

What popular multiplayer games have great single player campaigns that were the first priority?

Doom?

It's like you're afraid of talking about video games.

i pirate alot, its honestly how i learn about alot of games. I'll search piratebay or kickass by seeds or leeches, and look at whats popular.

then i do a quick google search to see if it seems vaguely interesting. if it is i'll download it and play it. before you know if, i'm a fan. i'll follow the developer to see new games, i'll recommend the game to other people, i'll look things up on it. ask questions. maybe buy it (unlikely). pirating did nothing to lose the sale because they never would have had my money, but they added someone to the playerbase, and now im providing free marketing, and may have caused other people to buy it.

and i know im not the only one. games i know i am going to love i buy. but i dont buy shit i never heard of or am skeptical about. and once i have it, im (honestly) not going to pay to continue playing it, but i would have never played it anyway.

so at the very least, pirating isnt hurting their sales.

pirating helps sales in the same way emulation boosts classic game sales.

think of a Holla Forums thread topic, RIGHT NOW. that doesnt fit into ANY of those categories. prove you are not hypocritical cancer.

says the faggot using cuckchan memes

Threads like Ace of spades or SS13 threads

You're in one, retard.

I meant more like popular as in modern. And good.

But yeah doom is fun co op

What ? You don't like memewatch, heroes of the shit and heartstone ?

For science

I did, and this thread doesn't fit any of the criteria.

The horror.

That's the point you fucking spastic.

eh you can do solo chess

Dungeon Siege?

make one up, retard.

I want to go back in time to when games werent shit

Sounds like Overwatch

yeah because once the game company either goes under or decides to cut service to the game you get fucked out of all your content, not just dedicated servers.

always online is garbage that guarantees you lose all access to a game you've payed for for no reason other than to punish you for others' potential to pirate it.