Ultimate Spider-man

Why is this game so underrated and ignored. It's the best Spider-man game to date

It was meh. Spiderman 2 is really the only one with quality gameplay.
I enjoyed reading Ultimate Spiderman, though, mostly because the women had bangin bodies in that run. At the end whoever was writing that shit either got a lethal koolaid injection or had a fucking stroke, though, and I had to drop it for fear of catching the Gay.

The game is essentially Spider-man 2 without the bugs

Because spiderman is gay even by capeshit standards?

Bendis SJW Crap.

Swinging feels a bit shit. Web of Shadows is the most satisfying to me.

I like 2000 Spider-Man the most.

Spiderman 2 is overrated. The swinging is the only good part. We all know Spiderman 1 on the PS1 was the best.

The PSX game was better.

1) it's the same fucking game
2) Dreamcast best version

Never experienced any. I played the PS2 version.

Never managed to finish it, what happened after the lab-accident?

How's Spoogey-Man 2 on GC? Any better or worse than PS2?

It's just a port, so it should be the same aside from controls which may or may not be shit on the cube. Also the graphics or frame-rate will likely be better as PS2 was the weakest system of the generation (good thing it had the best library by a mile).

I have the GC version. It's exactly the same game, but it looks slightly better. Controls just fine as well.

Fantastic, haven't played a version other than PS2 aside from that jank PC port.

Web of Shadows is GOAT

No, Spider Man 2 for xbox huge is the best

The Hulk game that plays the same is better

It was a better Venom slaughter simulator than Spidey game.
Which still makes it GOAT.

Ultimate Spiderman was rad but the N64 game was my favorite if only for nostalgic reasons.

Yeah, the actual game was garbage, but eating people as Venom was rad as fuck.

The comic book style may have turned people away.
People may have considered it a kiddie title.
It's based on an alternative series instead of the mainstream.
Bended Dick wasn't drowning in koolaid at that point (at least not to my knowledge), so it can't have been that.

I have yet to play the PS2 Spider-Man 2, but this is definitely my favorite Spidey game so far. I've played SM1: the movie, SM2 on PC (don't), the N64 one, Web of Shadows , the one on Genesis and PC where Spidey turns into a skeleton the more damage you take, Maximum Carnage, and Return of the Sinister Six on NES
Damn there were a lot of Spider-Man games… Why do they keep getting worse?

Speaking of Spider-Man games, this is my tune.

is there a PC version of this game? Or is the atrocity Spider-man 2: The game the only one?

I'm sorry, user…

Playing as Venom made the game GOTY for me, jumping as high as buildings was fun as fuck

What ever happened to games like this where you're an extremely overpowered dude in a sandbox, Prototype was neat too, but it all stopped, why?

I remember being hyped as all hell for this game and trying to convince a friend of mine who had a PS2 to buy it just so I could play it.
I can see the reviews were a bit meh, was it really bad?

Look on the bright side, user. You can emulate GC on Dolphin better than ever today with 5.0 and that one branch that's meant for toasters.

No.
Yes.

Muh Uncharted
Muh Last of Us
Muh cinematic empowerment experiences

Fuck energy hook.

the 3 got the open world right imo

it actually is on pc, can't vouch for quality tho since i've never played it

That's not a real game, it's just a prank, bro

I meant Ultimate

And we meant 2.

Spider-man 2 is nowhere near as good as ultimate Spider-man. Ultimate had better missions, bosses, and better gameplay. It was a more refined if cartoony looking Spider-man 2

Incredible hulk ultimate destruction was the shit. It was what a hulk game should be, an incredible variety of ways to smash stuff

I would have enjoyed playing as venom more if they had not replaced his ability to web-sling with his high jump. His basic jump should have been his high jump, and let him keep the web-slinging which is the best part of the game no argument. It would have also been nice if you could attack and stop the bosses during chases when you over took them. Always having to wait for them to move again was a pain

we as in me and this guy:
Try to keep up, senpai

I had fun with it for a bit, but it's standard Activision.

Should I be ashamed to say I played it for the story?

No. As long as you admit that the gameplay in itself was solid.
Playing a game for just one of it's aspects usually means that the one elements was done well enough to tolerate all other shortcomings. But I think the game in itself was all around solid fun. Controlled well, sounded fine, Venom was the shit. The art style was kinda iffy for me (environments look watered down, water effects look like snot goo, human models kept reminding me of Celebrity Deathmatch characters), but it didn't take away from the rest of the game.

separation anxiety was a gud game

You mean when Monster Ock shows up? It's the end of the game.

I can't remember any other labs.

Fuck off Venom