I'll kill you and the Castlevania Thread

I'll kill you and the Castlevania Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/get/OfcbP4MIw654TA/Rusty.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's right, 3D castlevanias are what led franchise to its ruin

that's the way I like it

I've only played

Castlevania, Simon's Quest, Super Castlevania, Dracula X, Rondo of Blood, Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow and I'm currently playing Dawn of Sorrow. Did they really have much to do after Dawn of Sorrow? Even Dawn of Sorrow is already stretching it with new content and the increasingly stupid story.

Reminder that Crucifix Held Close is a much better title than Cross Your Heart

ohfuck

enjoy your low fidelity and boosted as fuck lows and mids faggot

Nigger, I bet you doesn't even have hardware to listen to lossless audio.

Rate my taste in Castlevania games, Holla Forums.

Yes you do motherfuck.
Your shitty speakers and stock sound card can't even process anything higher than that and just approximate it to whatever garbage they are capable of.

I have a $1200 sound system plugged into my computer with a big sub that makes my neighbors toilet shake and I used to hoard flac audio which I kept well catalogued, the perceived quality difference is so low that it's honestly not worth it.

faggot.

They're bad but I still have a soft spot for the N64 ones. Some of the levels were cool and I like 3D platforming. I also like watching Carrie suffer horrible deaths, like when getting mulched by gears or falling into acid.

Anyone have an old screenshot from back when the archives still worked of how many times that one autist had made "ITT: Worst Castlemania Ever" threads back in the day on halfchan? Shit went on for pages and pages if memory serves.

Holy shit you ARE a faggot.

NEVER EVER

Watching her turn for the bad ending is best
I feel an odd mix of horror and arousal when vid related happens

No you don't. You can still tell a difference if your hearing isn't garbage.

Bump, maybe we can have something other than pokemon go?

Dawn of Sorrow in general is really phoned in, especially compared to how damn good the game before it was.

Better version?

There are new games that may be to your taste.

The idea is right but everything about the engine looks janky. It also seems too fast-paced and upbeat. Demonophobia is another game I enjoyed.

I feel it's missing something

Finely-crafted bait

I think Curse of Darkness was really good and I apologize for nothing!

Drizzling blood on Sion's face and making her listen to my heartbeat while she vehemently denies being bitten by a vampire!

uh, this was aimed at

posting Julius' little, non-canon, sister Kokoro

Should I start this series from the very first game?

Are there any games that are must play or any games that I should skip over?

So, what's the dumbest thing Castlevania as a franchise ever did pre-reboot?

also embed related: Shimoine VRC6 cover of The Sinking Old Sanctuary from Bloodlines.

How good is Dracula X Chronicles for PSP?

It's good and it includes Rondo and Symphony too. It was well worth it when it first came out and it still is today.

Please reply guys

What this guy said. Dracula X Chronicles is worth every penny.

Depends on what strikes your fancy. The original Classicvanias can be pretty hard, but they're fun challenges. Castlevania 2 is pretty obtuse and just not very fun for a lot of people.

Around Super Castlevania IV is when the Classicvania formula peaked, many people consider it one of the best in the franchise, although Rondo of Blood is just as good.

If you're looking for Metroidvania shit, play Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, and at least Portrait of Ruin. The only three Metroidvanias that I probably wouldn't play again is Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Dawn of Sorrow.

Thinking of tossing something together in the future in regards to the series for times like this . Should it only include the major entries, or go for all of the ones still playable (given I'm not sure how available stuff like Haunted Castle, that arcade game, etc, is to play these days)?

Rondo of Blood and SOTN are my favorites
I started to play Harmony of Despair (It is okay)
I never played the God of war rip offs but except for the 3DS one
Castlevania Judgement is a guilty pleasure

Fixed.

reminder that castlevania has jojo refrences

I got a psx and was playing Dino Crisis, beat it today and playing Chronicles next

What to expect?

So what is it about Rebirth that's so disliked? Or at least is pushed rather low on the list of most people's favorite classic castlevania games?

The only negative I can think of is that it's rather short… But that's probably the reason why everything else is so polished.

We really need to kick this thread off with a good statement like fuck you Niggers, CotM is great

I really enjoyed CotM myself, but it does have some issues. Thankfully the big one from when it was new (being hard to see on the original GBA) has been remedied by backlit displays in systems since then.

anyone know this song? I need the bgm. it's from castlevania, isn't it?

So I've played through Castlevania 1, 4, rondo, and X. I'm planning on continuing with symphony and then the handheld games.

I'm just curious if what I've been told about the storyline going to shit and turning into some absolute nonsensical bullshit is actually true. I love the simple premise of a family of vampire hunters tracking down and killing the greatest vampire of all, dracula. Do they really fuck it up later on?

Speaking of castlevania, has anyone played that one 2huvania fangame? Is it any good?

The stories don't really start going off the deep end until somewhere in the Metroidvania era, from what I remember..

OH HEY GUYS, I HEARD YOU ALL WERE HAVING A CASTLEVANIA DISCUSSION.

I still feel that I could make a DSS rebalance mod if I really wanted to apply myself and do it

I enjoyed HoD and Aria more

Can't speak for the first game but the second is good, definitely give it a play. They even got some of the actual Castlevania VAs for it. Gameplay-wise it's Classicvania with a Touhou flavour, naturally there's lots of bullets, and you have a tiny hitbox in the air and limited flight. The subweapons are clever redesigns on the classic ones.

Yes. And you might want to skip rondo of blood or whatever the fuck that one was. And the n64 games

Fantastic, includes the original Rondo if you want to give that a go (PC-Engine emulation can be finicky sometimes to my memory) and kind of an all-in-one deal for Symphony, I know it includes Maria to play as who was Saturn-only before.

Order of Ecclesia's on the must-play list for Metroidvanias albeit it's really more of a Classicvania in terms of level design despite the Metroidvania character progression, drop system and not-playing-as-a-Belmont. Hell, Belmonts aren't mentioned at all in OoE besides a very brief note they're not around for some reason in the intro.

Rondo of Blood is good, you mean Castlevania: Dracula X? I'd say it differs enough from Rondo to be worth a play. They gave it a way better final boss too.

Mednafen through RetroArch works fine for PC Engine. I think Dracula X Chronicles has issues on PPSSPP though.

OoE level design is pretty lacking, too many "advance right while killing enemies" stages, and even the more interesting ones are abusively linear, it's Metroidvania Fusion. It is the absolute best DS game art-wise though and the glyph system is interesting albeit hideously broken.

Can we all agree that Reincarnated Soul is part of the top 10 Castlevania tracks?

Hence what I meant about it being Classicvania level design applied to a Metroidvania, it doesn't really work well at all due to the sheer mobility and power your average Metroidvania OC has compared to Simon or any other Belmont who has to commit to the arc of their jump and can only attack straight ahead of them without a subweapon.

How come Castlevania never managed to be good in 3d?

Have you played the best Castlevania clone yet, Holla Forums?

At this point I'm convinced that there's just no telling why certain franchises that transitioned from 2D to 3D doesn't work.

Castlevania in general doesn't strike me as translating especially well to a 3D format, Classicvania is based on dealing with your Belmont's limited capabilities and the bizarre movement/attack patterns of enemies while Metroidvania is based around your mobility and found equipment. Metroidvania was the one they went with and tried for the PS2 games but I don't think they really did it all too well, though Castlevania 64 was a stumbling step in the right direction towards a 3D Classicvania.

Agreed

i suck at making dosbox start.
also i can't find the game

Green hair has a sexy strut.

I think the problem is that Castlevania tied its design to Metroid and didn't really have a separate identity of its own, and when it tried to move to 3D they didn't have a decent model to follow, so they tried a bunch of things and failed at all of them, with the best attempt being a GoW clone.

probably one of the best psp games of any time
too bad art style is subpar, still, you'll get used to it

Also posting another castlevania clone this time for the Master System.
short and easy but definitely interesting in its setting until the final stages where is full castlevania also the MC has one of the most retarted names in vidya history: "dr. Ferdinand Social"

forgot pic

Bloodlines had some pretty dope music

If your hearing is so shit you can't tell the difference between 96 kbps and 320 kpbs with even earbuds, you're deaf as fuck.

Nigger what? Everyone likes Rebirth, at least fans of Classicvania do.

Yes and no, it includes Maria from Rondo when she's a child, the Saturn only Maria was how she is in SotN being much older.

Nope, it includes the older Maria, she just plays differently than the Saturn version

someone please respond

volafile.io/get/OfcbP4MIw654TA/Rusty.zip

Here ya go, aniki.

The melody is kinda familiar but I can't quite place it, sorry.

Bumping with bloody tears

the fuck is your problem, m8

thank you, bro