What is with the sudden influx of Arab characters in videogames?

What is with the sudden influx of Arab characters in videogames?
Even more important, why are they always Best character?

Other urls found in this thread:

g.e-hentai.org/s/037293a392/869135-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucking companies shoehorning in characters that have nothing to do with the story

When developers need violent characters to get inspiration on, well…

Because they're written like heroes from 1001 Nights, instead of actual Arabs.

Fine, here's another. From a 1995 game

I really wish this recent trend would lead to more focus on ancient Egypt as opposed to just more focus on dirty, uneducated towelheads.

The middle east might be a shit-hole now, but ancient Egypt was rad as fuck.

Because they are realizing that arabs have money to throw away and want their shekels.

How does 2d make brown girls desirable? I swear it's magic.

because 2D is better than 3DPD in everything?

You disgust me.

because they have straight hair and relatively flat faces with comparatively small lips

the humps are for water storage, dumbass
wanna die of dehydration?

Post some delicious flat, then, if you're so cool.

A true lover of breasts appreciates both cowtits AND delicious flat chests.

Egypt is boring. Persia, Mesopotamia, Canaan, even the well-trodden Bedouin paths of North Africa are more interesting than pyramids and hieroglyphics. You can't make a good game out of an Egyptian setting, it's impossible.

You're boring.

Holy shit, talk about fertile shores.

Dumbass niggers.

Thanks for the bump :^)

The towelheads get the attention because Egypt isn't actually in the middle east. Having a strait between them makes a world of difference.
Modern egyptians don't even really consider ancient egyptian culture to be theirs, which is completely retarded so I guess the difference isn't really that big.

Here's another ahmed. Mohammod liked little boys too. Your idols a faggot

Can't we all just get along?

you got the rest?

But it's true. The nips that made these really are pandering. There are articles where the creators say they are pandering specifically to Arabs with these characters. I'm curious if it really is Arab shekels they're after or some globalist dosh like they hand out in america.

Like who? I've never seen a likable mudshit character, they're usually played completely straight and I can't think of anything more boring than that. At least the nogs have ridiculous characters like Sazh.

Not without the rest we can't

Come on man.
He's Egyptian.
He even has a necklace made out of ankhs.

g.e-hentai.org/s/037293a392/869135-1

ever since they show off ana in OW i have been craving some mudslime

Thats the medicine.

It is pretty rad, I recommend the book "sinuhe the egyptian" if anyone wants to read a story that historically accurate

Because they are literally the same than "white" 2D girls but with a palette swap?

I wish my gf would do this for me

I thought egyptians werent pitch black…hol up

JESUZ THAT LEGIT SCARED ME user WTF

By white he meant "not black"

The Arab looks like he has a penis stump from the catalog.

Egypt, being an ancient trade center, was home to a number of ethnicities. It had Arabic, Semitic, Sub-Saharan African, and even Mediterranean citizens and rulers throughout its history.

The same can be said about Egypt today, though it's mostly people of Egyptian descent, for obvious reasons.

Because it's Trendy.

Why do entertainment companies all do the same thing at the same time, ever? They all want to jump on the trend for Maximum Profits.

But did Egypt have kangs?

His theme was the only thing worth a shit

tell me about it

Is there an influx of them? The only ones that come to mind are Rashid and the two Egyptian Overwatch characters

thick

I really don't think this is true op

Takatsu has some great stuff

Truth.

Least his prices weren't as bad as that cat.

damn that cat

Fighting games are pretty popular in Arab countries.

As revenue caps off in other markets, publishers are going for untapped ones like the Middle East.

Aren't modern Egyptians mostly Arabs?

Middle East is one of the areas the PS4 sold very well in and FUCKING GAMESTOP have a presence in some countries over there like the UAE these days. There's dosh to be made off Oil Rich Arabs and Sony even made a Playstation office for that region. That's why there's been a bit more pandering to that audience.

Fighting games are huge there as well because they clear the censor board easily compared to other action games and have always been big in arcades. Thats why Tekken 7 and SF V have Arab characters as well.

Shit's basically globalisation in action. Think how the Warcraft movie bombed in the US but is one of the most successful films of all time in China. Different audiences in different markets have different priorities. Thats why some games are changing.

The term "Arab" is quite loose and is mostly cultural and linguistic rather than genetic.

Are pakis arabs or poojeets?

If they can speak arabic. But they're a hybrid of indian and arabic. In the Middle East: indians, pakis, bengals, and indos are pretty much slaves. Pinoys and Sri Lankans was but slowly got high paying jobs (even as maids since they demand higher salaries).

They speak Urdu or Pashtu not Arabic so no, they're not Arabs.

Shit-skins are pretty much the the main ethnicity across all of the middle east. Southern India has another ethnic group that are shorter with darker skin, which get bullied by shit-skins.

They're the same ethnicity that 'Arab' is used to describe, but we don't really have an actual name for that ethnicity since documenting human genetics is haram. Kind of like how Asian is used to describe race, even though there are non-mogaloids native to Asia.

You shame me, user

That is very progresive for the nips

MUH DICK

Is that Sharia Law

RA

Overwatch and tekken also added some.

People are getting triggered by Arabs in games now? It used to be no strong female heroes, then too many sexy females, now it's Arabs in games.

When are these fucks just going to admit that anything will set them off?

no

Well, Eurofags are getting their homelands zerg rushed by this scum and now they can't play a game without being reminded of the ragheads at the gates.

It's when devs can't add a mudslime without making it some sort of virtue-signaling statement that it becomes obnoxious.
"Arabs are cool and peaceful and we totally don't think they're extremely thin-skinned violent savages."

why should they be portrayed as savages all the time though? its fiction

feelsbadman

I guess examples would be a better way to convey what I mean.
Take SF per instances - EX had the Arab dancer Pullum which is a very fun character with a "beef with Shadaloo" story and 4 added Hakan, the Turkish oil wrestler that is VERY nip in his design in the sense that the cultural references are there but placed in a over the top manner.
Fast forward to 5 and you get Rashid where they take the most common traits you'd associate with a Arab (beard, sandals, head towel etc) and then write the character in a way that makes it obvious they're deliberately going out of their way to make him as modernized, friendly and harmless as possible. They don't have to make the guy scream "Aloha snack bar!" but, for fuck's sake, don't make the pandering so obvious. It's the virtue signal equivalent of the jewel bikinis in DOA. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Capcom of America who put the devs up to it.

I don't know about Tekken's Arab other than the fact it's the guy that got banned from being too handsome with a bunch of Arab-themed accessories glued to his outfit.

KoF XIV has a character that may be Moroccan but SNK aren't making a huge deal about it to jerk themselves into a self-righteous frenzy and that's how it should be done.

Because it's escapism and having stuff like that is simply a painful reminder of what world you live in.

#Triggered.
But seriously, I would much rather have someone like Rashid than have to get literally raped every 20 minutes in game by an Arab character.

That says quite a bit about you user, you obviously won't enjoy practically any game.

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D

They sell their shit to us and not having even our language. I don't know why the government doesn't force them to add the language if they want to sell their toys to us. They add the characters for marketing. I dislike this trend though. They should make the game they want and not add garbage for ta diversity garbage.

Play a COD game then you casual filth.

Developing game market, you saw this phenomenon with China and movies.

RA
SHI
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Does Bald Bull count?

Nigger, Arabs have been enemies in vidya for a long time.