I am LOSING MY SHIT with this fucking game

I am LOSING MY SHIT with this fucking game.

I just tried playing Ironman Classic and I have Firestroms on every continent, already have plasma and Titan armor, a repository of plasma SHIV's for when shit hits the fan, my soldiers that matter are loaded up with gene mods and I have an ass-kicking MEC that has survived countless bullshit missions. But this is where I draw the fucking line.

While on my way to building the relay building so I could start the endgame, I shot down a small scout UFO. No biggie, just another day at the office. Load up my best troops, my MEC and bring a Heavy that's one rank short of Major. I do my usual routine of sending my MEC out to scout ahead and put my troops into position. Well, what do you know! I move my Major Heavy one tile too far and he ends up being flanked by Muton Elites, and BOTH of them hit him CRITICALLY in a row. Typical shit that I am used to by now. Except this time, when I try and go save my fucking Major by slapping the Mutons shit with my Particle Cannon, I again accidentally trigger a second mob, and this time it's a Mechtoid directly behind the Muton squad. My Sniper, who is supposed to have squadsight, doesn't apparently see these fuckers EVEN THOUGH HE SHOULD, so he could shoot them in the fucking face with his Plasma Sniper. By this point I just turn the game off, because I have had enough of this game's bad design. I get it, it's a casual little "strategy" game. But for fuck's sake, you should NEVER sacrifice efficiency over style!

-There is no way to tell how many tiles you are away from anything because there is no fucking grid to base it off of
-It is guesswork as to how far your squad/soldier can see, let alone shoot
-Sometimes enemies can shoot you through fog of war and without you even seeing them or triggering them
-Skill descriptions are very vague, ESPECIALLY when it comes down to percentages (33% more damage from shredders? Why are there no stats and why can't I see the calculations? 66% faster recovery time? Well shit, couldn't you just SHOW me how many days are always shaved off?)
-Why the fuck even have that retarded HP indicator instead of numbers? The damage dealt is displayed in numbers, why the fuck can't the HP indicator be only numbers as well?
-Enemies get a free turn when they are discovered
-Enemies are able to waltz up to you whenever they god-damned please, evading at least 4 out of 6 overwatches because fuck you
-If you buy gene mods, it doesn't tell you that you have to choose one or the other, meaning you will have inadverdently wasted your time, money and meld. You can't even switch back to the upgrades you have already bought, you have to REBUY them! The game doesn't even inform you of this!

I'm no game developer, but even I can see what is wrong here. This shit simply doesn't work! For a strategy game, there sure isn't a lot to work with. Every time, the strategy always amounts to:
-set off triggers
-retreat
-overwatch out the ass and wait for the enemies to walk into them
-pick off the stragglers

It doesn't matter which classes I pick, it's always the same shit.

And that's it! Anything more complicated than that is not worth the fucking risk! Playing anything harder than normal just shows that this game wasn't designed with the harder difficulties in mind, it was always designed to be a casual romp.

GIVE ME A REAL CHALLENGE INSTEAD OF THIS PUSSY RNG SHIT FIRAXIS, YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKERS

Stop playing games with RNG components. There, problem solved.

I feel your pain OP. There just aren't many good grid based TBS shooters.

XCOM is okay, but that's it for anything nearly modern.

Wasteland 2 still gives me nightsweats on how bad that game was.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Big suprise user, nucom is shit.
For real though, go back and play the original x-com. If you already have play it with mods (for openx-com)

The ideas are so good and there's passion behind the gameā€¦ but FUCK ME if these people have never played a decent strategy game in their entire lives. I have fucking missed 95 percent shots up-close when they've mattered. I lost a fucking Heavy to a Chryssalid jumping down RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE because my aimed 100% shot simply glitched through the Chryssalid. I have had EXALT's at 1HP run at me and dodge laser SHIV overwatch fire 3 TIMES IN A SINGLE TURN.

But when I accidentally run past some fucking Ayyy, it's plasma always socks me in the balls. Some motherfucking flying disc can walk right into the middle of my squad and STILL fuck my shit up no matter how well I've prepared.

This game doesn't play by it's own rules. This shit is heinous.

Go get longwar mod. Also you should never play a game with RNG.

Long War makes the game only marginally less shit.

at least try to be entertaining you fuck

All longwar really does is replace RNG shittery with autism shittery.

git gud

git gud

Long war does make XCOM more fun, but it doesn't fix fundamental game play issues that were the result of simplification. The OP did highlight them very well. Won on Longwar Brutal, Ironman

X-COM:UFO Defense on the other hand, its deaths felt very fair. No pod activation bullshit, a broader start, and more defined control of unit actions made it a superior game, unlike its successor.

GIT GUD

Sorry, user, but I only put as much effort into that post as OP did in his campaign.

You neglected to mention the bugs out the ass, I had to restart loads of missions because soldiers would take three steps and then freeze mid animation and I wouldn't be able to do anything else because they were mid action. I also regularly got fucked over by glitched ammo counters that showed my guns still having ammo when they apparently didn't because I couldn't shoot with them or use any abilities. They streamlined and cut so much shit out but in the end they couldn't even get what little was left working properly.

Don't forget teleporting sectopods.

i got sick of xcom when in two completely different missions my units turned into a wall instead of through a doorway when firing and RPG and killed themselves

So you realized you were playing x-com baby!

Stop the fucking presses Modern Firaxis is shit.

Go play UFO Defense or Apocalypse. OpenXcom is UFO Defense but better. Those games weren't designed from the ground up to be iPad games.

hahaha mods = gods XD

Ironman is unplayable.

But as for your whining, your tactics suck. Enemies don't get a free turn when you spot them, if you move your soldiers carelessly though you can trigger enemies on your last/close to last turn and they will wreck you. Never scout on your turns. Move your squad as a squad. Once you do this, the game gets much less frustrating.

play long war impossible faggot, maybe youll get good

I don't know what you expected.

we got a special kind of retard here

Ayne?

Right whelp I don't know what to tell you user but you're retarded. Christ if you actually need a grid hold down the right mouse button.
Line of Site is only blocked by full cover, half cover does nothing, and the edge of full cover where you peak out of the side is instead calculated one square adjacent to said cover for purposes of LoS.
Holy shit dude were you raised on Common Core? 33% mean's a third so take a third of the damage you see something do and add it bam done.
Because that is exactly a 1:1 conversion of those little squares and how much HP you have, four squares is four HP.
It was too easy if they didn't get a free move then you could just shoot them all out in the open.
Undiscovered pods have different movement mechanics and will teleport or otherwise move huge distances in turns. If they're in the fog of war it's just a mobile spawn point.
I don't know how you couldn't figure that out.

All in all I'd say you've never had to use your brain before OP.

How about your stop being a fucking sperg and play non-ironman and just don't save scum it? Problem fucking solved you cunt.