Subnautica

Why isn't Holla Forums talking about this shit? This was the very first thing I downloaded from steam. I've been playing it 4-6 hours a day for the past two weeks and I can't fucking stop.

Addicting, beautiful, immersive, and terrifying. Also, the dev's frequently lurk deepsea threads on halfchan so there's a lot of fanservice.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/kamakazi/seadragon
abiogenisis.deviantart.com/art/Barnards-Swordswallower-48828781
kat.cr/subnautica-b306-r31606-t12456538.html
above.nasa.gov/safety/documents/Bear/bearspray_vs_bullets.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love this game, post your bases lads. I'd post mine but I'm too embarrassed to post 1280 x 768 screens

It's been discussed to hell and back already. Until it leaves early access, what else is there to talk about?

This is supposed to be a positive thing how?

I loved how Markimoo played it. Can't see any thread about subnautica without remembering Markimoo.

really? It's a shit platform, I hope it doesn't take you as long to figure that out as it did me

what the fuck

I don't really wanna play as a brown person tbh.

For fucks sake, come on man.

ahahahaha

Hello?

blew my mind the first time i got into the water, but i dont know what to do in it, i just get bored after 1 hour because i dont even know how to build shit, any advice?

Hue

Every time I come on Holla Forums I am constantly reminded why winter is the best season.

Im glad they optimized the game a bit. Its a fun game so far but last time I played it you were fucked even if you knew what materials to get.

Winter is just the best season period. Nevermind summer altogether.

true

waiting for the linux port

I REALLY need to get back into this game. Have a good file going and everything.

If you want a lot of metal, pick up those giant metal pieces and break them down, by the way

MC is some sort of gay nigger, looks nice apart from that.

Heard the optimization is shit, it's also early access so unfinished games, great.

Fucking about in the ocean would be nice, just need to put the aquaria soundtrack on.

DEV IS A NOGUN CUCKOLD
DEV IS A NOGUN CUCKOLD
DEV IS A NOGUN CUCKOLD
DEV IS A NOGUN CUCKOLD
DEV IS A NOGUN CUCKOLD

shill please. Anytime there is a thread on here about this game, OP or anons post a torrent link to download said game. Why would anyone buy a game that's not released yet? Here is a magnet link for the latest build.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:223EB67290E596915A2F25809A10B35F952BDD95&dn=subnautica+unstable+build+929+34593&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

Ehh, it's one of those games (like minecraft) where watching gives you a different (and sometimes more entertaining) feel than playing yourself.

That is a fine looking magnet link, user.

Too bad my 4gb laptop can't run this game.

And even if it could the motion sickness I get from it is enough to make me puke in 30 minutes.

I might give it a shot

People like you are the reason games have retard-proof handholding tutorials.

I downloaded the game a few threads ago, installed it but haven't touched it.
I have a fear of deep water

One dev out of quite a few of them, and his lack of influence on the rest of them is evident by the gas torpedo and the ammo for the gravity gun that they're currently working on.
Now stop shitposting the same thing and go do something else.

Heard lots, seems intresting. Will wait for something a bit further along.

git gud

Hahaha get fucked

Sure, I can afford a hooker. :^)

A fool and his money…

I played quite a lot but once i built the large sub I lost interest once I couldn't find anything i hadn't already seen. There are some weird things limiting how deep you can go like you can only access some of it with console commands. I'll probably start over again once they add some more things. They need to move the game away from grinding for things and more toward building bases and having reasons to go super deep to explore.

Now I know why the games stay in eternal greenlight mode. Instead of fixing actual bug issues like constant and random CTD's they decide to just pile on worthless features. Same shit with KSP

user, I'm not saying that you're a shill, but you're walking and talking an awful like a duck, right now.

what the fuck

Play Barotrauma instead faggots.

No

Well at least that explains why the game is suddenly in the top steam sellers without a discount.

?????

Nevermind, figured how the constant crashes

And dropped

How the fuck do people get motion sickness from video games? I never could wrap my head around how watching something bob up and down can make people physically ill.

leviathan too small/10

I'm loving it too op. It's the only 'survival' game I've enjoyed, and it's because they're focusing on single player rather than multiplayer. I just hope they add more secrets (make them hard to find preferably) as they update the game.

I only watched Vinny's streams of it, didn't even cross my mind those cunts were playing subnautica. T-thanks.

So what's this game about? Basebuilding underwater? Is there anything more to it?

it's the fluid in your inner ear, it moves around when you do so your brain can help itself with orientation. in games like this your brain senses movement but the fluid in your inner ear doesnt. so there is a miss match of info and you get sick

Yeah nah, fuck off

You crash into a water planet filled with aquatic alien lifeforms.
You have to survive by eating fish, drinking purified water, not run out of air, not get killed by giant fish, etc. Eventually you can build underwater bases, submarines, upgrade said submarines to withstand the lower parts of the sea. You're forced to explore to get blueprints and material for these constructions, which can lead to some terrifying moments in deeper areas. Apparently, they're adding a story later.

i guess its time to finally download and try it

Sounds neat. I'll give it a try.

Am I the only one who wishes they would stop adding content and focus on some optimization now? It takes 2-3 minutes for me to load into my world, that is way too long.

NoNo

They are going to remove the terraforming which should make the loading faster. That and the last micro update sped things up considerably

Nope but I get some sort of retarded reflex to squint my eyes in sections when debris and other stuff comes at you in FPSes.
In Half Life there's a ventilation tunnel section with a fan and that shit is spinning right in my face, I actually have to put my one of my hands in my face while I get through it.

I wonder how would VR games make you react user?

Also, I wouldn't go as far to praise it as you did OP, but I do think the game is comfy as fuck. Definitely worth the 14 buck I spent on it during the steam sale.

Shit's pretty good. Though building too big a structure seem to permanently fuck your save up.

I built a Trump tower from the surface, all the way down to 300~ meters and the game shat itself, giving me a buttery smooth 18 fps no matter where I went on the map.

This continued after I removed the building. I don't know what's up but the performance is something they need to get sorted out as quickly as possible.

Because

Also:
Marketing buzzword spewing shill pls go

Contact the devs, Vinesauce had the same issue and the devs had him send his save file so they could fix it. Unfortunately he had to start over in a new save.

You sure are trying to fit in user

Game doesn't work with my graphics card. First game I've encountered that doesn't, honestly, but it's probably time to upgrade regardless.

I thought the performance update would fix it so it doesn't crash when I enter the sea, but I suppose not.

fuck you, i accidentally clicked it because i had no idea who you were talking about

Has anyone found a way to get your own custom pictures in the frames work? The micro update fucked them up for me.

Liking a video game = $ILL!!!
No user, you are the cancer.

Eh. It's fine. Once you've reached full dependency, and don't need to exit your base to thrive, it gets sorta boring. Plus big bases are a bitch to navigate through, and you'll only ever use 10% of it. A fun project I wanna go through is making a ton of tiny minimalist bases instead.

Maybe the min-requirements will be lowered once they remove teraforming, as it does pretty little in the way of improving gameplay, compared to the performance hit you're getting.

Early access should only be done if you are happy with the way the game currently is. From the Depths is a good example of an actually good one.
This game, from what I have seen, is shit

Using shill marketing words = shill

I'm using a AMD Radeon 7500 so it's probably about time I look into upgrading anyways. I'm not big on graphics so playing on low or medium settings never bothered me and most of the games I can't play on high are generally poorly optimized and not visually stunning.

say no more fam

I'd feel very much triggered

Parked my cyclops near the Aurora to watch the reapers. Also found out stasis rifle works on them.

Good place to harvest scrap.

I've been seeing the occasional thread every other week or so. Might be interested, but I'm fucking terrified of the sea in general so maybe not.

Pretty solid derail, my man.

Some guy killed a Leviathan by shooting it with the stasis rifle and knifing it over and over until it died.

I was looking through the game files and came across a biome map. It's got me a little confused because I'd been navigating just fine by the one on the wiki, but the two have substantial differences. Is this one outdated, just inaccurate, or what?
There was also a map apparently of water currents, which looks pretty neat.

LIST OF THINGS TO DO IN SUBNAUTICA WHEN YOU INEVITABLY GET BORED

1. Swim to the Mountain Islands. No vehicles, just swim.

2. Build a small pit stop base in every biome.

3. Tread open ocean. Find an area where it's blue all around you and see how long you can stomach being there.

4. Scan a Reaper. You can do that in the game now.

5. Assemble a Noah's Ark and collect one of every collectable fish in the game.

Good luck.

I know its probably already been said but we dont discuss it becuase its still not finished and we're all burnt out right now
why cant people make threads when the fucking thing is released

I'd love to make threads about slime rancher but there aint anything to talk about yet either

I went 5km out with a Seamoth trying to find the island. Forgot food and water (only had the sweat suit that replenished every time thirst hit 4%) and I couldn't get deep enough to find fish to cut with the hot butter knife because the depth exceed the 300m limit.

I was extremely desperate to get out of there

In the future updates there will be creatures that can rek the cyclops.

fucking faggot.

I cannot express my disgust.

Anyway, last I played was when the sub and the sea moth were in. Basically the game lost any point to continue once you built the sub.
More has probably been added but I can't bring myself to care enough to actually look.

Leaked screenshot of the next update.

This game kinda helped me overcome my fear of deep waters. I still get the creeps when going to some areas.
Just remember if you hear spooky scary shit, the get fuck outta there

pussy

Holla Forums is almost ALWAYS talking about this shit. It's good and it's turning out better and better but there still isn't enough to do. It's really helping me with my deep sea phobia though.

Quite enjoyable in VR.

Just got my cyclops today lads

until you run into a reaper

Alright I grabbed a torrent for this and I'm actually enjoying myself quite a bit.

Though the end of available content is in sight and when setting up new bases I'm left getting annoyed that silver is harder to find than fucking gold and uranium. At this point I get pissed if sandstone yields more useless fucking gold rather than precious silver.

Reapers are cool but kinda wish there was a more BLOOP kinda creature that isn't constantly announcing it's presence so vocally.

Game is still quite unfinished, I can't get any land plants since they are spawning in the air with no actually land anywhere.

Planning on setting up near the great koosh before setting out to the great deeps in the cyclops. Is there anything actually down there yet?

I love having a sub also.

I just got my cyclops, she's a fun ship to pilot. Mobile base yeah! No more swimming back to base to craft stuff!

And you're right about silver. It always does that "you win!" noise when you get gold, but gold is practically useless beyond 1 or 2 things.

I'm off to explore the great deep. I will let you know what I find..

yup
soundcloud.com/kamakazi/seadragon

A future easter-egg the devs will add in the next update is as follows:

If you name your cyclops "S.S Donald Trump" (case sensitive), there is a 1% chance any given reaper will spawn wearing a red hat with the words "Make Planet 4546B Great Again!"

River biome in yet?

Torrented it a while back.
It was cool but you could literally cover the whole map in 12 hours and there was hardly anything endangering in the world.
Nothing attacked your underwater bases and the cyclops is invincible for all intents and purposes.

Don't get me wrong though, it's a fun and interesting game but I can't see myself spending any more than 5 hours playing it again because even though I played on an old build not much game-changing content has been added since.

fucking flag

So, is it SUPPOSED to look like a tyranid ate a cuddlefish?
Until I saw this thread I always thought this game was about the real ocean, clearly not.

Also it's bullshit you can't scan shit you've killed or collect items/meat.

This game is too scary

The game has a serious lack of squid/octopus creatures, but that thing looks just plain silly.

Get the fuck outta here with your arms.

I can't get into this game by myself. When's shit getting multiplayer?

Try building a megabase spanning all biomes with signs inside pointing which way to walk for each

didn't mean to sage, have a bump

Compound with a dozen solar panels with a single tube going all the way down to the depths.

user do you wanna know what shot down the aurora
i'a dagon, i'a cthulu

You filthy fucking faggot

It looks too derpy to be dagon.

Something like that shouldn't have gotten a picture so close to the surface during the day. Getting a good look at it removes the mystery and fear.

He didn't say the thing pictured was what shot down the Aurora, doofus.

abiogenisis.deviantart.com/art/Barnards-Swordswallower-48828781

You know what I hate about this game? The "alien" sea creatures are really un-creative. Most are just dinosaurs with some other creature mixed in.
This artist has managed to make a evolutionary tree of aliens.

I want to come across something that spooks me because it looks truly alien and not because it looks like a B-movie monster. The Reefback is cool at least.

I have some extra shekels, should I get this ?

you mean the game director and guy who started the company? i guess he is quite minor

Do not buy early access games, pirate it to play or just wait for release

Well, for starters the non-customizable player character looks like this

That shit severely kills the frames in the game, apparently even if you erase the megabase that save file is effectively ruined.
Also if you try to connect two far away bases they won't recognize each other and they end clipping. Don't know if they fixed that yet, or even if it's fixable.

He looks like a weird Slav-Caribbean hybrid.

>tfw they have a second set of jaws, not unlike Alien
UNAGI SCARES ME TO THIS FUCKING DAY

For what purpose?!
When would you ever see yourself in this?

What was that south park episode where everyone was a shade of brown?

Inb4 game predicts slav-Turtk hybrids goin' to space n' shieet.

Also this. You can only see his shadow.

My only guess is that they tailored the game to suit the Gay Niggers in Space crowd

I'm with you on that. Need some Expedition Tier shit.

DAGON WHEN

Apparently, the sandworm is gonna be fucking nasty and eat ANYTHING that gets too close.

Fuck your sub and fuck you Leviathans

Sometimes you can see all the items to placed in a base from miles away before the rest of the base even renders.

May as well steal some actual lovecraftian bullshit.

I wanna crawl into some cave and run into one of these.

conan movie?

No, Dagon. Thats what the movie is called.

That happens to me when I'm in vehicles, every time. I don't even need beacons because I can just hop in the Cyclops and see the items from across the map.

I've been playing for a bit now. Managed to build a room above water not far from the escape pod, but I have no idea what to do now. I've built some tools and I have the radiation suit so I went to explore the wreckage a bit to scavenge whatever was there, but I'm not really finding more blueprints for new items.

I kind of dislike how a lot of the small fishes have these ridiculously huge eyes. Makes them look like those cartoony creatures from Spore.

Are there any big crab creatures yet? There really should be.

It's obviously not finished. It has to be spawned in using console.

The crabsquid is bretty big. And a painus in the anus.

There's Crab Squid and Crab Snakes, but they don't look like crabs.
Also there's Sea Treaders who look like elephant crabs walking along on the sea floor pooping everywhere.

Game is pretty sparse on life overall. Crustaceans and molluscs are lacking in representation.

Sea treaders are pretty naff once you get a good look at them.

It's nowhere near done, just basic functions.

However, in the DEEP abyss that you need the exo suit to move in, there are going to be some super deep holes. Said super deep holes don't contain anything except them worms.

Not yet. I agree though, there need to be some super crabs that don't try to eat you but will throw you around.

I just had an idea that there should be a giant and I mean MASSIVE octopus/squid lurking like 1km deep or some shit that would make like a maelstrom all the way up to the surface every once in a while by spinning it's tentacles all spread up and if you would get caught in it you would see yourself spiraling into a giant octopus mouth. Wouldn't that be some shit.

Whirlpools would be a neat thing to add, vortex torpedos don't currently affect the player.

Getting sucked into a cave you have to escape would be intense.

bought it during the summer sale a year ago, couldn't play it. the hud was broken so that the entire screen was covered by the inventory icon.
couldn't see shit

Just pirate it.

What did you all name your subs?
I decided to go for a Lovecraft-inspired name. Seemed fitting.

I'd try it out if you could actually kill shit.

is it normal for the wreckage to just float mid-air?

No
But they expect one of us in the wreckage, brother

Same thing here man. Shit's fucked.

Do the fish in wild still not reproduce? Depopulating an area is really depressing, especially when reviving a populationg by tank breeding just lead to the released fish to circle around the same spot in middle of the map no matter where they were released.

i dont know how to feel, the game's good but this is too much

Jesus why

He tabbed out for a while.

Torrenting it right now, does the game have any story or endgame?

Story yes, though incomplete. Endgame is not in yet.

But you can? Not sure what's making you think you can't kill every fish in the game.

That happens when you tab out, you have to be in the window for the load to process.

I think you can also surf the birds and fly.

I think the only story I got was from the PDAs in the floater island maybe I missed some.
Storywise this game has so much potential. Kind of reminds me of LOST in a way, I just hope it doesn't end like it.

My dad is a Dev of this game, I can confirm that this is real.
Here guys, this is a new creature that my dad is making for the game

All the harmless ones. The only real weapons the game gives you is a knife and latter on, a fancy knife.
The devs have some anti-gun hippy bullshit going on, where they want players to try to peacefully coexist with the giant man eating monsters. Hence, the only "guns" you get either push, pull or give the target a time out. They don't actually kill.
Its the kind of "try to be one with nature" claptrap you could only ever get from someone who has never actually lived out in the wild.

Rote Responding Retard spotted.

Will guns to Subnautica threads be as multiplayer is to Dragon's Dogma threads?

Sounds like a better option than making the monsters something you can actually fight which removes all horror from it.

Holla Forums is scared of water

Man another retard asking for guns to be added to the game. Why does every game have to have a gun?

It's not the game is entirely pacifistic it's not a hunting simulator either, you are some future nerd from a bunch of nerds who eat fake synthetic space meat who crash lands on a planet and has to survive with nothing but his wits and a knife.

Better than some steretypical bald space marine cliche than lands on a planet armed to the teeth and proceeds to genocide the virtually defenseless wildlife.

Fish and some other things slowly respawn. Most resources don't but are renewable in other ways.

Nice color scheme. I rike it.

they're gonna add mining resources with the exosuit, which is why they're removing the terraformer because it's going to be replaced with that.

m8 you're gonna be using the exosuit to fight the sea-dragon to get to the active lava zone

I've bought the game and I'm following development mainly because of the way they mark each major update to the game with nice shiny images in Steam news and a mini trailer. Sure beats a shitty changelog and I know whenever they release one it's worth starting a new game to try out the new stuff.

Probably one of the more honest early access devs, they are a bit more open about the development but they don't communicate much outside of announcements. They've been making decent progress on the game instead of self-fellating and not doing any work like some other early access shitters.

Makes sense because I'm pretty sure your shitty little wetsuit wouldn't protect you from the rib-crushing pressure at lower depths.

yeah you're gonna need to get the pressure compensator mk 3 module to get down there. And then only can you use the exosuit to get that low.
what if you run out of power though? you're pretty fucked if you're taking your cyclops and exosuit and shit down there and you happen to die

So how the fuck are you meant to deal with predators if your only way to fight them is stabbing them in the dick?

Stab them in the dick.

uses statis rifle to freeze them and upgraded propulsion cannon to shoot them away from you like you're in HL2

Don't run out of power I guess. You can lose your cyclops too if it fills with too much water.

Either don't provoke them, pacify them with stasis blasts, or shoot gas missiles at them.

s-stop

I know you're making a joke, but it's not a good one.

If they weren't used on Jews, why are you helping to propagate Jewish lies by correlating gas weapons with Jews?

Check the IDs, I just chimed in.

well i never

Gotta dive deep

Too bad this isn't a horror game then.

Because the first thing anyone tries to do when dumped into an environment full of monsters is of course NOT to try and arm themselves so they can at least defend themselves. Instead you get to carry a knife with you when you swim through space shark infested waters looking for submarine bits to scan.

This is the thinking of a moronic hipster from down town sanfrancisco who has never spend a night in a wilderness.
Anyone sane heading into the african savanah or deep wilderness in alaska or canada, brings a fucking gun in case they run into a bear or a lion (as is appropriate for the biome) because unless you're Tarzan you won't survive fighting either with a fucking butterknife.

The fabricator tells you its designed to provide context specific tools that can be made from local materials to aid in your survival. In what way is having a effective defence against local predators the size of buildings not part of insuring your survival?

What is the point of rally racing?

Bear spray's better tbh fam. Higher success rate.

So that's your Stasis Rifle.

Racing on shitty civilian roads. But those roads are too narrow so races are based on time.

Programmer oversight I imagine. Not to mention corporate cost cutting measures. It's completely foreseeable that the lifepods are cheap crap. Yours is basically the only intact one that made it down, the sea bed is littered with the ones that didn't work properly.

As for making your own weapons, in a society that can make tools and advanced materials using a single machine automatically and almost instantly. You expect them to be able to craft functional weapons with their own hands? The player character probably barely knows how to use a knife, fucking space nerds and their space pacifism. They probably have less handiwork skills than your average 5 year old.

Vergigorm, props if you're /tg/ enough for that.

All sorts of fun. I can't get any land plants because the island they grow on didn't spawn.

C-Penetrator

The C stands for Cervix

DO YOU PLAY WITH PERMADEATH?
I'm playing normal survival with hunger/thirst but I'm feeling like I want permadeath.

Nope, I'veplayd too many of these survival games and losing your progress is a great way to make the game fucking boring and tedius as you do the same early game steps over and over and over.

Though it is pretty hard to die in this game.

I played with permadeath once

that's why I don't permadeath

Funny considering I use my seamoth as a fucking battering ram to get most sea critters away from me.

how do you leave the planet?
I keep falling out of the crates

Now im wondering if the game has falling damage

this fucking game is something else, its spoopy as fuck, I need a diamond but im too much of a puss to go into deeper areas, I went over there once and saw some shit

Now i just dig holes and eat fish.

does the sun set in the east and rise in the W?

my radio thing said theres an island 750m S of the ship but i shit myself at halfway mark and turned around

Build a sea moth and then go to deeper areas.

At this moment in time, not at all. You can fall from anywhere and you don't get hurt.

I found one piece of seamoth, but theyre all in deeper areas too(also found a piece of cyclops)

I wish i had some kind of weapon, that would ease my fear even if it was just a placebo.

so is there like some paranormal shit goin on as well? I keep hearing strange things when i find bits of ruins.

Im sure this game has a lot of faults but goddamn is it enticing at first, just like OP I put a solid 8 hours into it recently, time flew by, its been awhile since a game pulled that off with me

torrent im using, is this relatively recent?

kat.cr/subnautica-b306-r31606-t12456538.html

might actually buy this at some point, I hear they are working on it regularly

fug, this was for

You can get a stasis rifle and a knife. They work pretty well.

I've been meaning to play this for a while was even going to buy it when I can find a way to make 20$ for it. As the nature of early access is bullshit but at least they're getting the game done and I really like the game itself. As long as they eventually add some guns than I can use to shoot some of the bigger creatures that get frisky outside of the biggest motherfucker at the black depths than I am okay with buying it.

Stasis rifle paralyzes monsters

Not really reliable or that big of a deal.

Pretty reliable. You can get reapers with it.

shit, my torrent is really old, disregard, this one is way more recent

Thanks, looks like im going to restart:

So what Crack should i go for?

Figured i would give this shot again.

Deep water is pure NOPE.jpg for me. Primal fears kick in any time I even look at the videos.

Its a shame, because it looks like its probably good.

Maybe you should stop being a coward and play the damn game?

It's a video game user. It's also pretty to look at and quite comfy at times.

also you're literally invincible in the sub so don't fret

no

Well, for now you are. Don't get used to it.

I did in the beginning, but then I got bored of not getting anywhere. Kind of wish you could turn the oxygen alert off though.

It's really fucking reliable and freezes EVERYTHING, even reapers, you imbecile.

what kind of bullshit is this?

yes you can retard, they drop from the body it'll be on the ground within a couple meter radius of where you kill them

You never see his face and he never has any dialogue in the game.

Quit whining.

Stand near them with the seamoth and let them attack you. Keep an eye open for any that fall

Doesn't change that the devs are diverstiy cucks

Aurora II for the Cyclops and river names (Charles, Hudson) for my fleet of seamoths

Bro unagi is just another name for an eel. If you want something really terrifying how about some motherfucking sea snakes. These things hunt in packs, approach prey using stealth and then lash out in a frenzy when attacking. They also have extremely potent venom which paralyzes, meaning if you get bit you get to spend your final moments helplessly sinking into the depths while a horde of snakes tear you apart.

oh for fuck sake you have to be in the window for it to load?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just because it's a group we don't like it doesn't mean it's a bad thing, stop dehumanizing everything because it hurts your feelings

Anyone have a fucking version that doesn't crash all the fucking time??????????? Why do all shit devs have to use Unity, it's a horrible unstable engine

never again.

the answer is no

Why are people so scared of sea creatures? Rivers, bogs, and lakes are filled with more directly hostile lifeforms, are far more difficult to see in, and most people are far more likely to end up in a life-threatening situation in one of them than on the open waters.

t. monster from the Ogallala Aquifer

Lead dev is a huge fucking cuck and I don't suspect he's been that way forever. That bullshit about why there's no guns is the most blatant cop out for virtue that I've ever seen.

Still, it's basically the most indepth comfy underwater game. I remember pirating a version of it before and glitching into the area beyond the map where it's just eternal blackness and infinite descent into nothingness.

Making an engine designed for the game is too hard. Better go for the bloated approach.

i want to fuck that mouthpussy

If they chomp on things that clearly aren't meant for eating(wreckage, seamoth), there's a chance their teeth will break off and sink to the ground.

You can also potentially find a bunch in that kelp forest area on the sea floor where they run around, iirc.

it's not multiplayer yet

Which biome makes for the comfiest hangout base?
Right now I'm trying to build a bigass base in the cave with all the crab squids. I really want to build at 800m but I saw no good scenery that deep.
Several times my knife vanished. One time I fell through my base and was stuck walking on the ocean floor

what the fuck is this low poly thing? rendering glitch? my game starts to drop fps when i get close

how do you make a sub?

my sub is my waifu and i refer to her as marlene, as in submarlene

also why cant i pick this up?

Build a scanner, use it on these things

there needs to be a crouch. i got stuck in a cave at one point and got out through putting things beneath me forcing me to no clip through the ceiling. lost all the items though

No wonder you're here.

Woah how do I make a sphere like that?

Your knife has finite uses before being destroyed.

Why do you want guns? I want a harpoon. The gravity gun is kinda neat.

You have to find one in an abandoned base and scan it

they need to fix that shit

Except for all the guns in the game? Or are you just being fussy because there's no bullets.

Love it, wish there were multiplayer. Also a bit aggravating because my rate of exploration is slower than their rate of updates, so I've basically played the first 2-4 hours of the game over and over again.

You dumb nigger that's one of the islands. You can collect fruit from the trees there and have enough food for forever.

You can also find an abandoned base from survivors of another crashed ship years ago

Is there any mod to change the nigger into white ? I will screencap and post it on their forum for some sjw salt.

I wasn't using it. I just had it out and sometimes when I would go above water than back under the model wuld vanish from the character's hand shortly before vanishing form inventory.

That feel when no pale white mod that has sunburn/tanning modeled realistically

RWBY was a mistake that should have been corrected with Monty's death by marriage.

Where in the hell can I get silver?
The singular ore I found I used in a computer chip and that got used elsewhere. I'm struggling as my underwater bases have no fabricators or medkits. I keep trying to get around the creepvine spots to find the other things to scan for my parts. i need an o2 rebreather as I have two o2 tanks and I'm still struggling here.
How do I avoid Stalkers in they aren't chewing metals and where can I find silver ore?

Silver is pretty uncommon. Check caves and areas away from the shallows.

How does one find the island, I mean which directions do I go?

Well this is going to be fun. I really need that rebreather. That or I make some more O2 tanks but that would consume quite a bit of space. okay so my first base is going to be locker heaven as I just keep picking up crap, that does get used.

Rebreathers do essentially nothing, because by the time you need to go deep you already have a seamoth. Rebreathers do NOT increase your dive time.

Yup. Those are totally guns, given a sufficiently loose definition of "gun".
If you want one that can make a big nasty critter dead before it chews your face off, you are shit out of luck though.
Also those tools are all stuff you can only reliably get when you have the seamoth, so good luck getting past the kamikazi fuckers early in the game to get powder for a welder. Currently they are faster than you, attack on sight and you need to raid the plant that spawns them, so you just have to take the hits to get that stuff. Its like disarming landmines by jumping on them.

Well then.

The crashers have a limited scope as to which they can turn actually. So if you can maneuver to the side or out of the way enough they'll charge forward and keep going forward and you can avoid getting hit. At least that's what I've seen.

okay so I'll make another O2 tank and work on getting myself the seamoth. I still need silver for my other fabricators in my bases.

So I finally managed to check out that heat signal. It was an underwater base that had been collapsed?
Then I immediately ran out of air as I looked at it and died. That propeller I made for myself that got me down there ran out of juice in one trip too. I need to find the seamoth case things, and the battery recharger ones as well. Well time to go be annoyed with my lack of time down there.

Make it a bit titted white girl with porno moans replacing pain sounds.

It's good when you gotta get out of the seamoth because your air will drop faster under a certain depth that I forgot.

this literally just ruined the game for me
I can't play anymore. It was cool, now I can't do it. Fucking kill all the faggots.

Good. Stay out.

The creators are some of the biggest liberal faggots to ever exist, they are anti gun, vegan feminist sjws, all that aside the game is actually pretty good as were their previous games.
Good thing I don't buy games based on their creators politics.

Well, there's a stronger version of the grav gun that actually can be used to kill stuff with rocks or just push shit really far away.
The lifepod has free medkits that respawn every 30 mins, and you can force the kamikaze fish to blow up on tight turns. Or you could just find plans for the seaglide.
And you don't really need the welder unless you fucked up your base building or if you have a Seamoth.

But still, yeah, it's pretty dumb that you don't have actual weapons, but I think it works as a good game mechanic. Being able to actually kill the huge sea monstrosities kinda takes away the fear out of the game.
I'm still kinda pissed that the seamoth eletric shock makes you piratically invincible against everything.

I want a harpoon gun, maybe a cattle prod and possibly torpedos for the seamoth.
At the very least something that will make reapers fuck off if not necessarily kill them.

I would be fine if the biggest nasties were merely super resilient so it would be difficult to kill. A bullet sponge I guess but at the same time they can outright destroy you really easily anyways so maybe some sort of thing to stop it from mauling you or at least scaring it off would work for me.

I'm not interested in playing a game crafted by a bunch of anti-gun fruits.

The seamoth does have torpedoes, but they only make vortexes that kind of stun enemies.
It also has a cattle prod of some sorts that wards off Reapers if they catch you and kills most fish (at least piranhas die).

If you think that's bad get a load of this shit. Normalfags and squeakers are gonna kill this game like Minecraft.

I killed a stalker with a knife but wasn't able to use the corpse at all. Man the amount of food out of that I could have gained. See if anyone should complain about something it's people like me who are zany enough to kill a big creature with a fucking pocket knife.

No, No it isn't you fucking retard don't ever try that shit unless you want to be mauled.

What is that?

You sincerely think you're the only nigger to do that?

I think the idea is that a face full of bearspray will stop a bear cold. A non lethal shot may not scare it off right away, but it will certainly piss it off. Also you need to actually hit it for the gun to be effective while the spray can cover a larger area.
Mind you, I'd feel a hell of a lot safer with a rifle or a shotgun than with a spray can when hiking in bear country.

Being actually afraid of shit in games REALLY makes you feel more immersed. Also just got a Vive so I want to try this in VR and really feel my stomach drop next time I swim off a shelf and see the blackness.

Well you have that backwards
bearspray may scare a bear off, it may just piss it off, a rifle at the very least will injure it.

Do some basic research before you run your mouth, you little shit.

above.nasa.gov/safety/documents/Bear/bearspray_vs_bullets.pdf

Absolute hogwash that you can't collect teeth from dead ones.

I didn't say I could collect their teeth user. I wanted to eat the thing though, you can't collect anything at all

I did not say meat was the problem. Stalker teeth are one of the resources and it's ridiculous you cannot harvest them from a dead one at the very least.

It's easy enough to just assume the meat is poison but the teeth are basically just metal hunks.

But at core, it is shit nothing can be harvested from the dead ones period.

it's still in development, they'll probably change it when they get around to it.

Neat. That noguns faggot could add guns into the game and still get his virtue signalling fix by making the thing you shot chase you faster and more ferociously until it's dead.

Doesn't that happen in No Man's Sky?

If you had read beyond the Wikipedia article you'd would have learned that this study also determined that bears where far more likely to return after being chased off with bear spray and that residue from the spray itself on a considerable number of occasions even attracted bears looking for food.

The difference is that the spray hits the bear with a wall of pain discouraging it, in theory. A gun, while also painful, hurts less, does not immediately impede the bears senses unless you shoot it in the face and unless you are a crack shot, is likely not to be immediately fatal to the bear, in which case it will likely just piss it off. Even when fatally hit, the bear won't just collapse dead necessarily, but may have 30 seconds or more before it bleeds out or is otherwise incapacitated, time the bear is almost certainly going to spend mauling its victim to the best of its ability.
Hence, why the spray is better at stopping the attack.
But due to that whole "the bear often came back" problem, the spray was by no means a permanent solution.

From what I remember, some but not all planets have fun police. Apparently pretty easy to avoid, or are at least easy to fuck with.

dear cuck

Also,
>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/

nvm found it:

correction:

Shilling:the thread

Considering that the only thing that stops shilling is porn, im
requesting Subnautica porn

this is why I stopped playing

Finally got a fucking Seamoth+moonpool, shit is cash, storage, speed, torps, im not shitting my pants at every little sound.

i built a base right near a volcanic vent which has serious style, I have a great view and it has a dr. evil/batcave feeling to it

me too bruh, I have a pathological fear of deep water, and I have a feeling some people making this game do too, it just hits those notes so hard.

I was exploring some wreckage recently and got stuck in a ventilation shaft, didnt know what was up/down, good 40 seconds from the entrance…

I was a few moments away from panic mode, had to regulate my breathing. havent felt that in a while, certainly not from a video game

I would suggest you take the plunge, no survival horror game has fucked with me like this has, goin over those really deep parts where you cant see shit even midday…goddamn

I think its actually getting a little better, i wonder if this can be considered therapy

this torrent is good, way less buggy + bnetter perforamnce than all the top seeded ones on tpb and kat

Why are all the torrent sites going to shit i guess i need to get on dat private tracker sheeit

It's the green in the lower left.

I'm not sure what this point you're trying to convey here.

Don't give money to shit developers, it only encourages them?

Okay?
When did I suggest giving money to anyone though?

Can fish breed in a small aquarium now, or is the large one still needed for that?

Hello SJW.