Positively Analyse a Game You Hate

Say nice and thoughtful things about a game you despise.

-The combat feels alot better due to the animations having more weight and having LESS (Not non) of a 'paint brush' swipes for the melee combat system, magic is really fun to use since they added synergies and different variants of spell casting such as sprays.

-Improved visuals going from 'bill-boarding' leaves and grass to looking more 3D and handcrafted.

-I absolutely love the idea of open ended games having bosses roam the world, despite the wyverns being a bit too easy, though there any hard enemies in the game to begin with.

-Cool engraved stone models, a more timeless art style despite saturating the world, but then again it takes place in a tundra so I can kinda expect it to not be so colorful.

-The marsh area is cool as fuck period.

But OP………………………………………… what if I don't play games I hate?

-I was able to build a swastika out of books and knick-knacks on the front porch so that's the first thing the protag's parents see when they get home.

-There was an option to unlock every door in the house so you can freely explore the house of no gameplay and look at other peoples shit.

That's all I can do, this game gave me a brain tumor.

All of those are good points but it's an excellent game, really, why not pre-order the Special Edition and relive the adventure?

I wished the game itself used the hand-drawn graphics you can see in the menu, that could have been comfy as fuck.

WEW
E
W

Overwatch and Dota:

They were fun with friends.

The power armor is cool as well as the vertibirds, and the dlc was just settlement bullshit mostly, so they refrained from lore raping Fallout 4 too hard in the ass.

Also maxon was the only leader worth a damn in there and deserved better than Fallout 4.

Sorry meant lore raping Fallout itself. It was thankfully minor altogether, other than you know, Power Armor, Cryo freezing, vaults, pre war america, jet, ghouls needing food, water purifiers ruining their own created lore, how power armor is powered, nuka cola , distribution of power armor and other stuff I prolly forgot.

My point being, it could have been worse with bethesda.

I grew up with it, the remaster was nostalgia-vison

>Building up a garrison for the first time was genuinely enjoyable

Destiny has a nice aesthetic to it.
The lore and the UI are a nice touch to an otherwise dull game.

GW2 had a nice character creator. And you could dye things.

The main thing dying was my brain cells.

Persona 4 had neat bosses.
The Fusion system is as fun as always.
All the non party member waifus are pretty top notch, my favorite being Pikachu.
I liked most every main Stan-I MEAN PERSONA design except for Yosukes second evolution, that thing just looks like fucking ass, how do you go from DISCO NINJA FROG to fucking that?

No. This is pointless and only serves to help people come to the false conclusion that bad games should be played for some reason.

A more fruitful exercise is to list all of the faults of games you love, so people can realize that all vidya is shit at the core. If people stopped loving this godforsaken hobby, maybe vidya would finally die.

you're part of the problem

kek

News flash bucko, just cause someone hates a game doesn't make it bad.
Hate is very, VERY subjective, one person might hate a game to its core but the other might love it to death.

enjoy your suicidal depression.

So, I'm guessing, if Holla Forums were an actual place, that you'd be the type of person to procure a small arsenal of various types of weaponry and unleash your wrath upon the degenerates who simply enjoy video games.

That's pretty edgy but whatever makes you feel good champ.

So we're supposed to lie?

wew, I knew this thread smelt faggoty

Never change.

I wasn't responding to whatever your point. Fuck off back to cuck/c/o/ and /a/ faggot.

The absolute madman.

I'm not going to change all of my filenames just cause I moved to another shitty site that has a hateboner for the previous site.
That is some petty shit to even bring up, friendo, and you should think about investing in rope.

Dragon's Dogma's character creator is pretty good.

I agree with most of that but not for the same reasons.

-Each crew member feels pretty unique from one another

-Fantastic character models, they are some of the best looking characters for the time that they were made

-Some of the powers are really cool like anything related to force/gravity and the charge thing that the shotgun class has

-I really liked the sound effects in the mineral harvesting minigame

-All the dialogue from the autistic salarian dude was entertaining

-The sun behind the Illusive Man looks cool

it took me awhile to think of all these, I really fucking hate this game

Well I can do that too

-Rigid class system makes builds super boring because you can't mix and match your own weapons for the most part
-Not a lot of weapon types
-Magic is usually boring
-Severe lack of content
-Though well executed, relies on generic fantasy setting/monsters heavily rather than getting creative
-Not enough options for mobility, levitating is shit and the roll exclusive to strider classes is wonky. Needs stuff like a super leap, flying, and super fast climbing
-Could use some much bigger bosses to take advantage of climbing system
-Can make traps but not cute ones
-Alchemy system needs more balance, most potions are generally useless if they don't restore health or stamina
-Inventory/healing needs to be overhauled because you can walk around with a fuck ton of healing items which makes a dedicated healer useless because they can only restore white health anyways
-Quests that don't involve killing monsters are usually simple and boring
-Needs more enemy and location variety
-No coop, and I'm normally not a multiplayerfag it would just work really well in this game
-Menu controls for mouse and keyboard are shit, and surprisingly the bow controls are wonky because of how contextual they are (press a button to toggle between the strong attack changing to the aim button, I just want aim to be RMB and strong attack to be MMB)

writing this just made me want to play the game again

That made me drop the game.
Is there a mod for proper dodge roll? I might pick it up again if there is.

Even better

Also the reduction in tit size was an improvement. Cow tits a shit.

undertale

good music and hard boss fights in the genocide run

if it didnt exist the faggots who play it would be playing other games i play
got people interested in making flash games
uses the unreal engine which is good
cool design within the first 20 minutes idk about the rest of it

Stylistically speaking this game is beautiful—I would love to actually visit the world Deus Ex: Human Revolution takes place in. I enjoy that it incorporates a lot of the atmospheric elements I love about cyberpunk films and anime. I also greatly enjoyed the soundtrack.

It had nice music too.

That's it.

Shame they botched Yvonne Strahovski's model.

- Krieg is great to play as, even though my fire build and reckless playstyle sort of turned the friend I was playing with into a tard wrangler.
- Claptrap is actually annoying and someone you want to interact with as little as possible. I never got the dislike for him in 1.

Shame about the rest, really.

Suicidal depression doesn't mean that you hate everything. It's the opposite. It means that you can't feel anything (for more than the most brief periods). Imagine if chocolate tasted like flour to you. You see other people enjoying it, either with sprinkles on something, or a chunk of chocolate and a glass of whole milk. You would like to enjoy it, but it doesn't work for you.

Now imagine everything tastes like flour, all the time, and the only time you don't have that dull and bland sensation covering everything is when you're unconscious.

Oh, right

Have I got good news for you!

faggot

It sure does look pretty.

why do you keep making these?

what
I can get small tits but she better muscle up a bit before she goes on set.

Anything is fun with friends.

-Mass Effects 2 and 3
Its impressive how bad it is

That's better than what I did
I really hate Mass Effects

-Yakuza Series
3 Promotes Micegenation

its free
its fun with friends
the weapons are weird

Skyrim

Crash Bandicoot

Gone Home

Mass Effect

Tomb Raider

Baldur's Gate

Thi4f.

The art quality is great; on full, the game looks amazing. It's a pity the environments are all the same, and the game's overworld feels too unremarkable and relatable by aping industrial London. Too much cut and paste work went into interiors, too.

Unique level design is interesting and good, but I was left wanting more traps, theft and level related danger, not goons to dodge.

Garrett's dialogue was mostly witty and interesting and this is a fine example of how to replace a VA and retain the feeling.

The baron is a cool villain. If they had to trash all the existing lore, his context and motives weren't so bad. It's a pity that Erin is awful and the Thieftaker General is a Saturday morning cartoon villain, also the game uses too much Nazi inspired design elements and feels really lazy, like Nazi Berlin in Wolfenstein combined with industrial London.

The items to steal are neat. I wanted a greater variety with longer flavor text though over the collect 'em all style we got.

The game left me wanting more heists and less cinematic platforming (and Asscreed climbing) ala the Banco de Panama in SC: Chaos Theory. When it was good, it was satisfying, but the game is often tiresome or frustrating.

How would you know you hate them?

Welcome to Holla Forums

Uh…

The physics-based dynamic animations were nice?

Gothic 3

The music is absolutely mind blowing. The desert towns and the snow areas are comfy as fuck.

isn't the whole point that the more you think about it the more bad things you have to say?

What if I never really come to hate games because I always start playing with so little expectations and always gearing up for shit even a single good thing is enough to make me happy?

I agree with this fellow anonymous gentleman.

HELLO /R/VIDEOGAMES, TIME FOR UNPOPULAR OPINIONS
DAE LIKE SKYRIM XDDDDD?

It seemed to get stupidly hard later in the game. Was it because I didn't min-max my stats by switching classes left and right, or was i just not high-level enough?

oh come on that's too easy, I think an actual example where a game's terribleness is legitimately impressive would be the first Drakengard.

The music is unsettling, repetitive, and awful, the gameplay is repetitive and awful, and the story is unsettling and awful, all of which to such a great degree that it seems to be entirely intentional because the goal is to make you feel like a gross and terrible person while playing it.

You're playing it wrong then, because the game generally gets stupidly easy in late game. The "min maxing stats" meme is only something that pure autistics need to worry about, you can play sorcerer for 200 levels then switch to fighter and you'll still be okay as long as you have good equipment and augmentations.

The exception I'll give to the stupidly easy thing is the classes that deviate from normal gameplay a lot like sorcerer and warrior. Of course they can be blatantly overpowered, but in order for that to be the case you have to really build them right. Warriors need to be as tanky as possible, and if you've been neglecting armor upgrades or just getting good armor in general you're fucked. It's also somewhat important to get some defensive augmentations from other classes like MK and fighter. As for sorcerer, you need to have absurdly good magic attack and you need to have very good positioning with pawns that can babysit eachother. A lot of people that play sorcerer also only ever use the big spells but generally this is not recommended. The default attacks and lighter spells are crucial to playing sorcerer and many who neglect them claim that the game gets unfair because they can never finish their spells in a place like Bitterblack Isle.

I don't really hate any game. I'm the most chad asshole on Holla Forums. If I don't like a game, I simply lose all interest in playing it, and finally stop.