Wurm Unlimited:Fuck Badmin Edition

WURM UNLIMITED THREAD

SERVERS

Britfag's Texas PVP server:

Kingdoms: Mol Rehan (AUTISM AND PVE+PVP) / Horde of the summoned (EDGY NOMAD LIFE AND PVE+PVP DICKWAVING) / John Kellogs (ASKING HOW TO JOIN MOL REHAN)

6x Action Speed / 3x Skill Gain

IP 216.245.223.162:3724

American 3rd Party PVE Server (WRC):

Kingdoms: Freedom Isles (Autism) / Horde of the Summoned (fucking shit)

4x Action Speed / 4x Skill Gain

IP 13.92.83.205:3724

Server homepage: wurmian.cloudapp.net/

DOWNLOAD

Client: mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas

Torrent Hash: 700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6

UPDATING/REINSTALLING

BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CHARACTER IF YOU DON'T

REMOVING THE CHAT FILTER

EDIT GAMESETTINGS.TXT IN "Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default", CHANGE "censor_chat=true" TO "censor_chat=false".

MODS (WORK ON BOTH, EXTRACT IN GAME FOLDER)

wurmian.cloudapp.net/mods/client-mods/

I'M NEW

ASK AROUND FOR HELP IN KINGDOM CHAT/FOLLOW SOMEONE THAT'S NOT AN ENEMY, OR READ THE OUTDATED WIKI THAT'S FOR WURM ONLINE, NOT UNLIMITED wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

HOW TO BLOCK THE IRC NAMED #WRC

ADD IT'S IP (FOUND IN SERVER'S CHAT TAB) TO HOSTS FILE

LAST TIME ON WURM UNLIMITED
BADMIN STARTED SPAWNING LAVA IN THE WORLD, PISSING OFF LITERALLY EVERYONE LEFT PLAYING THE SERVER

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ZFI2AYjC!5ixQc_rt3CeLRV_FJ2IBRHRXalw0jvqEz8bmToXvERc
mega.nz/#!9Ywn0D7Q!ZW6tpYBlXDbKcaf0Xl4K2R9vwpKpaSMr284sGin79P0
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07041451057612725149
mega.nz/#!MRZBkTZZ!tCCeiq068o-pNfUjy7qhpTUDW8msT7mhjKZ5AIQlvk0
mega.nz/#!RAZB3b6R!bLSnJrnsj7eTlHigoZE5fqoiODGRkKAHZiYSG_EsaJw
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/wurm classes/guedezmods.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic related is when the file upload will be complete, this will tell us if I've just made another mistake in a long chain of mistakes or weather life will return to normal

As a peace offering for this jarring halt to progress, I give to you links for the zip files of our map and related DBs

The list of mods that have been installed onto the server

And this ominous .jar file that Badmin left and quickly deleted after I put my cap on.

I'll post these in a moment, when Mega finishes them.

With these, you should be able to run your own server with a little bit of knowhow, or run it privately to continue autism at your own pace.

To those affected by this, I want to apolagise, not just for the fuckups, and for badmins behaviour… But for being lazy, and trying to stitch together an answer by throwing money at it instead of doing it myself and ensuring everything was good.

Lucerne
Wendingo
Ben

I'm sorry.
You were probably some of the more die hard autists, and you were probably affected most adversely by this according to the time you've clocked up logged on.

For Fenlaw and Reimu, Although I do not condone the Macro's and the botting, I cannot help but feel responsible for the sudden tangent and drama brought on by the botting, which was, for past and future reference, always allowed to begin with.

And to Badmin
I wish to thank you for everything that you have done for us, we would not have been able to enjoy Wurm to its fullest without your Jar know how.

I'm sorry that things to be this way, I really wish we could have been on the same side, to see a dream of a bunch of politically incorrect basement dwellers enjoy a fucking grinding simulator.

If I have fucked up again, this will be the last post I make here, I'll leave the server up till the invoice expires on the 27th.

And if that's the case, You will be forever remembered as Magranons finest.

Fucking what pic related?

What the fuck happened?

A volcano erupted and killed everyone.

I'll download that once it's been uploaded.

People got pissy at stupid shit, and didn't want to play anymore.

the lone hotshead won a pvp against 2 fighters and a priest with offensive spells so the MR village pvp'd those they knew they could defeat, themselves. after that badmin saw the serb population drop so low he thought it'd be a good idea to turn the entire coast to lava so nobody could use boats or go to other islands

Also, last post in the old thread:
>[21:30:13] All caves, mines, tunnels, etc.. will be closed. But ALL ITEMS will be SAFE, above ground.
>[21:30:41] There are now roughly twice as many ore veins as there were before.
Is there some kind of contest going on to see which admin can wreck more shit?

Our land bridge was fine.

I think Path of Power would've worked.

thats the WRC server

Don't dox me bro!

path of power is only usable once every six hours, ONLY in magranons domain and ONLY in your own kingdom, plus there was nothing to stop the tile from changing back to lava again the moment you used power path on it

Lavafication was breddy slow, we managed to land bridge starter island to MR island last night - took 3.5 hours.

you're ignoring that getting to level 7 power path takes months and that, as hots, we'd have to rely on MR to come make magranon altars for us anywhere we wanted to use it and that we'd have to build guard towers to spread our kingdom influence. believe me when i say i grinded to level 7 power path in real wurm and it was a huge letdown when i found out all the limitations on it, since they weren't all public knowledge on the wiki back then

Wait is everything kill? I was just waiting to get back on. Man this sucks.

We had some kind of meditation mod but I've yet to meditate.

Wouldn't HOTS just try to steal MR bridges?

Is this the end of Holla Forums Wurm?

Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away.

I just want'd to be comfy, with the few remaining bros left before we gave up for good.

Holla Forums server doomed, figgy and shitmin had a conflict over lava, everything turned to fuck.

at 20 meditation, you get limited to meditating 5 times at 30m intervals and then once every 3 hours until the 24h mark. most of those meditates wont tick the skill up and the ones that did were giving me .03 skill per tick. i was getting maybe .06 to .09 per day and you need 30 for the power path so i still had 4-5 months of grind for meditating to get 30, assuming the gains didnt drop at all, which they would have

Lol well sand and dirt worked

mega.nz/#!ZFI2AYjC!5ixQc_rt3CeLRV_FJ2IBRHRXalw0jvqEz8bmToXvERc
Adventure file, contains map and db

No… Just an upload

mega.nz/#!9Ywn0D7Q!ZW6tpYBlXDbKcaf0Xl4K2R9vwpKpaSMr284sGin79P0
Serverside mods, More updated than the ones in OP

2 more files left to go

Nothings confirmed yet, Just wait and send the naysayers dank memes

It is for me. I had way more fun on the Holla Forums server than I did in my brief time on WRC

I didn't see the last few posts of the previous thread what is going on?

only because the lava hadnt spread yet, when i got on this morning the coast was a solid wall of lava tiles that are not terraformable. our landbridge from spawn to the island was the only landbridge and no others could be built

This went pair-shaped faster than the run of SS13 here. It's like they don't actually enjoy games and just jack off to the meta drama. Rather be watching some brain dead celebutard gossip show than experience these catty faggots further.

My itch hasn't gone yet, and I still have podcasts to listen to while I build stuff and chop down trees.

Now it seems that they are here to stay.

Uh?

It's fine.

If anyone cares, I made a program that removes lava.
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07041451057612725149

inb4 90% is fenlaw

so people aren't using a vpn?

…to play Wurm with autists? I didn't expect you'd be handing out our IP addresses.

This shit just keeps getting better.

Fuck me dead, I didn't know those were in there.

TBH the only thing that's going to happen is people calling each other out for having alts on both sides.

I'm breddy sure Badmins IP is in there… If you're feeling particularly vengeful.

All of our IPs are in there you piece of shit.

What the hell man!

Muahahaha we can send him e-pizzas

So does this mean the game is dead now?
Not too worried right now because I won't be on until after the memorial

I said I didn't know, what do you want me to do?
I didn't do it on purpose, whats done is done

mega.nz/#!MRZBkTZZ!tCCeiq068o-pNfUjy7qhpTUDW8msT7mhjKZ5AIQlvk0
Pirate server fix

mega.nz/#!RAZB3b6R!bLSnJrnsj7eTlHigoZE5fqoiODGRkKAHZiYSG_EsaJw
All the settings that we had

You're on a roll.

You have to admit it's an appropriate finale.

post yfw you cashed in your chips during the split from WRC and never cucked yourself beneath badmin

I preferred the lava tbh

SELECT * FROM items WHERE name LIKE "%stone%sword%"

Great idea, releasing the database, won't ruin anything. Nope.

The server's on its deathbed. It only has a couple weeks left. Cheat all you want.

Not really. I found the snek king and it turns out you have

Lava that's already there won't change I don't think, but can anyone see lava spreading?

That's cold.

WRC back to normal. Going to new ore rate for real on the 19th.

Unlike the coast.

Well, scrape it up to another fuckup

This is the exact same situation I'm in except I was only gone for a day.

I've seen something about jesus fucking off to hots and nigging everything. I don't know what happened. The walls around town are still intact, how the fuck did hotsheads get in?

well rip server again I guess.

I don't think he nigged anything in town that he didn't have access to.

Alright, it is my understanding that the Lava is stopping spreading

Quick restart and then it will be up again for good

I need a break, i'm gonna take a few days off after this

And if server interest is either maintained or maybe buffed for whatever reason, I'll pay next teir aswell, and will continue to do so until such a time as Holla Forums loses interest

Before you take a break can I have my stat gain back or something.

[16:25:39] You unlock the "SPEEDY SPEEDBOY".

godspeed to whoever inherits it

it rolled back again

>[16:35:22] The fire rises.
pls no

[14:35:23] The fire rises.

hes still got access or something man, its dead again

Yep, I have to manually change permissions again

Badmin pls I just want to play wurm

This

I didn't kill serb, I just responded to Agony's ban attempt.

Can he truly banish the Badmin?

I hope so!

Sending world back to before jesus Shoah'd everyone just to ensure this lava bug has fucked off

Another loading bar, this one says only a half hour this time

ZZzzzz… This guy is harder to get rid of than HIV

So how many fucking days rollback now?

inb4 he has some gay server backdoor. Just wipe the server clean and set up a new one.

For you.

I'd actually come back if a new server was started, but every time it happens we bleed so many players that It'd probably just be me and you user.

Do you feel in charge?

I'm not getting back on until the Badmin has been eradicated, but once he has, I'll definitely come back. I actually like this sandbox game, which is something I don't say often.

You're just being a massive cock-gobbler is all you're doing, hiding behind baneposting is shitty as all holy fuck, faggot.
You're a small guy.

I'm necessary evil.

I would come back
Just no PVP
seriously
Spy vs Spy IS NOT FUN
that was literally what the pvp consisted on, besides a very few small skirmishes

He's just roleplaying out his bane fantasies on an image board

And don't worry, PVO is bannable now, Along with shieldspam

PVP is now PVP

Well that and stealthing around watching hottentots trying to find out where you went.

I am in your house, Brad.

Not only that, no spying was the ONLY rule the server had. The problem is it wasn't something that could be stopped.

Full stakes open world pvp just turns into people either fighting when the other faction is offline, or turtling shrouded in paranoia.

Another problem was that the PvE was way too easy, so people could explode in FS in no time at all. Nobody seemed to like the idea of turning down the combat multiplier though, so I guess this is the future we chose.

That's nice, come chat while I fix this server

whats shieldspam?

The multiplier was set to 1.0.

What? We had a spy?

The server was never broken, I'm not sure why you're fucking everything up today.

Embrace the magma.

using Shield bash during pvp

whats wrong with shieldbashing during pvp? most of the time i used it, the other person resisted the bash anyways and if they didn't, all it did was slow them down for 2-3s and maybe give a 1dmg wound

Jesus

Fuckin' thing, I'm so wired on coffee i missed the whole post and clicked on the one above it.

I'm fucking shaking man, cup 5

But yeah, PVP was gay as shit. It more or less worked in WO when each faction had a private server and there was one server they could meet on and fight over shit. But we don't have the numbers to make that work, even at our peak.

I'm glad you won't miss it then

how are you going to police that? what are proxies?

The problem isn't pvp, the problem is a lack of a pve external threat.

It's all logged my friend

I'll see if I can bump up the aggro then…

I don't want to run the risk of trying to open up a 100% aggro map now that badmin has gone Awol.

There's no solution people will be happy with.

please explain to me whats wrong with it.

I meant to ask if we had been spying on hotsheads

then stun them first

Everyone but you complains about it

Welcome to democracy

It's a democracy all of a sudden? I thought it was a lynch mob type deal. Where do we go to vote?

I don't think MR had spies. To my understanding MR never really cared about pvp. They were just fucking around building another glorious city.

HoTS were the ones that took it all super seriously, which is a perfectly acceptable attitude to have on a pvp server. I just wonder why the server ended up on pvp when so many people clearly didn't give a fuck about it.

It is a lynch mob and you are being lynched.

Poals get rigged, voice your opinions here for now

I understand how you deal with shield bash, but what about PVO? you just cry that someone stole your stuff when you were offline and then you go though logs?
Also, it's impossible to invade someone if they are online, literally impossible

I remember when I panicked about 4 dudes breaking my 8 quality wooden gate and they couldn't, I would just pick a single plank and fully recover 10 minutes of their work

see:

Protip: IDs are IP based, exactly like Poal, so opining here solves nothing. Also this is a much easier way for people who don't play the game to just pop into the thread and leave an opinion to be le mastur trole or feel important.

Would you all rather I turned it back onto pve then?

That will mean the serbs down for another half hour while I reupload another server settings file because GTX won't let me edit simple files.

Keep Shield Bash spam out of PvP if you even keep PvP.

That said, you shouldn't fucking keep PvP, literally nobody wanted it anyway, the poal was fixed, what with having twice as many voters as people that even played.

At least here you can assess arguments and filter (1)s.

Also, I could just mod shieldbash to not be usable on players, it's less gay

I couldn't mod offline protection though, it's way too complex

but removing shield bash? it's just a single
if(target.isPlayer()) {Communicator.send("you can't shield bash players now faggot"); return;}

And if you do restart, make it so you start with next to nothing. That will encourage cooperation. Make getting fighting skills to bully other players and raid stuff be a challenge.

Yes, isn't hunt of the ancients a pvp zone? let us have our pvp there, like Indians take shit on streets, at designated zones

you guys keep referring to it as shieldbash spam but theres about a 30s cooldown on it, it literally cannot be spammed

I liked the PvP. Needing to build walls and set up guards added to the game.

it's about 10 seconds
but yeah, you can't spam.

you can spam short sword special attack, which also stuns, though

I loved seeing that, That was incredible.

I hate participating in PVP, but i do love a good show

yeah, see how that protected us against Jesus

Shieldbash was only one of four abilities that were used in stun chaining. Every faction has another stun they can use when they reach a certain level of FS.

What was most likely happening was people were being chained between the two stuns. Honestly, pvp combat is absolutely horrible in this. Surely there are ways to compete with our autism that are much more rewarding and don't involve the fuck-retarded mechanics that pvp does.

something like uniques spam

Arrow towers would have helped. He was merely kiting the guards on horseback.

This game is really retarded about that. I kited a wolf for like 15 minutes after running out of stamina.

Turn down the pve combat modifier, add weaker dragons to the game because dragons destroy walls/structures and then throw them at us like the trolls/fogspiders in the current map.

Can't fight back due to shitty gear? Make trash walls and launch boulders at them with a catapult, as catapults doe AoE damage to the entire tile they hit. Again, I suggested this the other day but the only response was "tryhards like you ruin the game". Yet here people are wanting threats to their walls and harder PvE all of a sudden.

Was Soros not a big enough threat to keep people occupied?

When there's a threat you sort of avoid it don't you..

Except Lucerne… He was lunch for that dragon

But still, if there WAS a big PVE threat, what makes you so sure you'd even bother with it.

This no one want'd to build archery towers, they are actually kinda need'd on pvp servers. Seeing as between the archery tower and the guards shooting the shit out of it's be hard to do anything.

I wasn't there for the Jesus thing. Couldn't someone have just fucked him up?

the uniques are basically invulnerable monsters that a require team of 50 experienced wurm players in full gear and 90ql huge axes and matching skills to kill so soros was never gonna get killed by MR town

Soros ripped through when we had numbers, we were afraid to have him rampage around the village and not being able to stop him.

As for PVE the bonecrusade was fun as fuck, I thought you were gonna put more spawners around us honestly. Encroaching on us now and again.

I did not know that

How can I make it challenging but not impossible, what would you recommend?

He did it all at like 2-3 in the morning.

That's what i'll do

Place progressively more spawners around villages as time goes on

Soros wasn't a threat. Even if people had got their rear in gear and levelled up fighting, we likely wouldn't have been able to kill him with so few people.

So instead, we would just lure him away and he wasn't a problem anymore. It was literally the only thing we could do, and it worked fine.

Place lairs now an again for us to clear that encroach on us.

I think a brief respite to get a town set up would be best. When the town is made and the players together and working, up the antee by adding in progressively more difficult and challenging mobs to deal with.

Sounds comfy with purpose.

That way you have to maintain defences or get overwhelmed

And eventually I will put down things that can destroy walls, Just so its not a tower defence minigame

I didn't want to spawn more undead there and remove your sense of accomplishment.

Troll fort still stands.

I still don't get this 'he was being followed by guards meme'
he was part of our settlement
he had no reason to be red

gobabby had given his house to him for the week

he just went and grabbed anything not tied to the ground and left

I don't get where the idea that he was hots back then came form

Sounds fun, server event's sound more fun then badly implemented pvp.

We were in the middle of a server event this morning.

they're talking about me, verd, and a huge problem with that is they never once called the guards on me. every now and then i'd stray too close to a tower guard and it'd chase me but nobody ever called the guards on me, which would have made them pursue me much more aggressively

It'd be neat if we could mod the game to do it automatically. Spawn a bunch of shit in the woods when night falls and send it at us.

We could have both, if I do my job right, the only time you'll ever realize PVP is on is if you accidentally run into MR or Hots out in the wilderness, you'll be too busy dealing with mobs to actually mount an offencive

Yea but as we expanded I expected to come across another lair, but the only other PVE threat was the troll fort, and that was actually to far to really be one.

Which is great because it gets both shills and people who actually lurk and consider in one fell swoop. (1) bullshit is still the same old cancer.

I'd be down for a fresh server that has us fighting to protect ourselves as the town is being built. I can't see it happening on the current server though, people are too strong and far too developed for anything to be a real threat anymore.

I honestly hope it does work out despite my misgivings though, it'd be a shame to see it either die or stagnate now.

It seems people are getting preddy excited tbqh fam

if you'll give me another chance, I'll try and do things right this time around.

wew
I swear no one likes playing the game or building or skilling, just arguing over where the mine should be.

Would be nice for a noob user as myself to be on a more or less even keel with everyone else. I joined once before and had no idea what to do really, even after looking at the Wurm wiki.

I've been thinking about something too

remove priest limitations

no seriously

I came to understand that they serve only ONE purpose, to make you have alts

The only reason I had 3 alts (Reimu, Sanae and Marisa) was to have access to all 3 priests, meanwhile Guedez could do anything he wanted

This time I would go Hots, so that I don't even need more than one priest

I think the ideal set-up would be to start fresh and start bareback. Players gather together and take up roles to build a settlement. Increasingly difficult PvE encroaches from time to time. A PvP element would be rogue players that stalk the world outside. Fighting each other and preying on those who set out to prospect and explore. Hopefully a functioning town (built better) could rebuff a HOTS attack more easily. So long as combat skills remain difficult to get.

You don't "look at" wikis, you keep them up in a browser and you look up the specific things you want to do or make when you want to do or make them.

You also don't need to know "what to do" as it's a sandbox, though there are survival and convenience things you will obviously want to set up.

Can you make a custom ore map?
having gold and silver available only on places with super strong mobs like trolls would be cool

forget it, we could just tunnel in and ignore the trolls

Maybe don't get rid of priest limitations, but rather get rid of SERMON limitations.

If priests don't have limitations everyones main will be a priest as there's no downside at that point.

you guys want to start AGAIN?… Fresh?

Really?

C'mon man, we did that two weeks ago.

Level something to fuggging 99 and THEN come back to me, if you can kill that bloody dragon THEN you'd have accomplished something

Reach endgame before you start a new one.

No let us just set sail for a new section of the map, I sailed the whole shit, it's a fine map, let's just abandon the confusing mess of the MR village.

theres no endgame with this playercount. the dragons really do take 50 players to kill

removing sermon limitations only makes you get your priesthood power faster, it don't stop you from having alts

priest limitations were made so that you would have to pay more subscriptions for that tasty priest alt

do you really think everyone would care about going priest?

did we all have a meditation path? did anyone EVEN A SINGLE ONE OF US, had a meditation path?

There really isn't much difference. One option is just much less annoying.

TBH I'd rather have gold and silver be remotely relevant. Iron is the only important resource while the rest are mostly just meme ores.

It's lame when we already have the full map though.

Plus we have a sense of server history that way and we can revisit the ruins of brofoundland, reminisce on our missing brethren.

and fetch some of that tasty 11,000 kilos of 40QL iron

Maybe we shouldn't allow alts at all.

make sure to fix all the stat gains
you shouldn't be gaining 0.0011 mind logic at 27.50 when that's what I gain on WRC at 44.50 even if the gains are only at 3x on the Holla Forums server
the whole point of the Holla Forums server was to have a server taht was as close as possible to WRC but without the scheduled fucking lag

Then nobody would priest.

Regardless the outcome, if the server is up I'll play. It'd be cool to actually use the player traders for once to, see if we can't get some shekels circulating.

how do you even think you are going to stop that?
I had one alt in every kingdom to spam selling shit to their traders

even after the 'spy protection' meme, I would just turn my VPN on and suddenly I am not a alt anymore, but a completely new player

I did have 18 kilos of low QL glimersteel and 0.4/1 of 85~QL the three metals

Maespa, what error code are you getting?

Wow it just never stops being adorable how people pretend they don't know what a VPN is like wow how kawaii omg

One would for pure status and would make everyone pay out their ass and suck their dick to get a heal.

Lairs don't spawn once you hit the creature cap. Creatures don't kill eachother.

I threw a lot of trolls, cave bugs and spiders at you guys but there's no way to control pathing - they wander away.

Stat's seem'd to slow, compared to skills. Was any one ever going to get an additional 10 mind logic to que another task realistically with the stat gain?

This is wierd man, I'm getting incorrect password spam

Hmm, maybe droping some loot if we kill a specific lair or some other goodie. Kinda like the missions from epic but not confusing like "Kill the dolphin traitor"

In a specific amount of time of course.

no, not without afk macro spam
would still take weeks

None, anymore. I was trying to use WRC client without changing my settings.

maespa, what did you change, did you use a legit client or a pirate client or what?

You probably failed to do a full server shutdown and remove Badmin on startup and now he changed a password.

I switched from steamclient to WRC and had to figure out how the password worked. It's fine now. I'm in just fine now, wait nevermind no I'm not.
rip serb?

You think people wouldn't have bot'd so hard if we could que more tasks? Less clicking, still the same amount of time.

They didn't bot because of the amount of actions they could queue. Guedez macro'd because he had to work, and Fenlaw macrod because it was how he wanted to play the game

Mod that limit out tbh.

I can fix that

I've taken badmins powers away, and that of his mods

Lava spread is off, but there's still some left around.

Kinda bothers me, but there's worse things that could be happening

Floppini and Duboz are reverted to power level 0 in case you're wondering Badmin

I mean you are still limited by fatigue with a high que, but you wouldn't have to macro/drive your self mad clicking continue.

banned Badmins IP

GG bane
[09:46:43] You ban /73.badmins.baneposting.IP for 9999 days. The server won't accept connections from /73.No.dox.pls anymore.

Congratulations.

You've successfully disrupted a server event.

Best of luck with your rule cuckery, Richfag.

bonvoyage goblin

Smells like Holla Forums.

PVP is broken
PVE is dead fish
Only PVA provides entertainment

I know your kind far too well, heretic.
Be you Holla Forums or just the same faggots who enable mark to be such a piece of shit.

you Holla Forumsgoons are like keemstar, holy shit

Enjoy bans for playing in a way he doesn't like.

Spawned 50 snakes in honor of you my friend

Please kill yourself.

Don't listen to these fucks. Anyone who says PvE wasn't a threat has literally never left the goddamn village. We had a whole pack of worgs and huge spiders on our fucking doorstep, with trolls coming to raid us every now and again as well. Not to mention you can't take 5 steps in the wilderness without running over a fog spider.

talking about fog spiders

I am going to test this locally first though…

somehow…

And it was easy to round them all up into a nice pile, leave their chasing range, then pull one with your bow.

Found the troll camp, A lot of work went into this

he wasn't kidding

No, it really wasn't easy. I had like 5~ people with me when I did that, and we still almost ended up with casualties for each Worg fight. This was after spending he better part of a day getting to 40 archery with cheap ass arrow shafts and could still only land a hit with my bow less than half the time. Don't even talk to me about archery at night.

For fucks sake, do you know how much fighting skill I gained in 2 days? All that work, wasted. And you're telling me the HOTS raid was COMPLETELY UNDONE?

It's not like anything actually came of the HotS raid anyway.

how do I spawn fog spiders? I know nothing about GM commands

Best thing that came out of HotS raid was Ben Garrison getting completely butt devastated and humiliated

I spawned fifty snakes lol

figging nigger, I am testing my mod to make fog spiders attack literally anything but other fog spiders, I need to know how to spawn them

You need an ebony wand

[10:39:07] >being attacked by top snek

and that's just terrible

I think I made them lovey lovey instead

Well, this game isn't really fun anymore then. Why not just disable PvP entirely, if you're going to admin abuse pvpers? I would literally still play if it was a PvE server

War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by autists and machines.

works now

Should I make them hate each other too?

I named the servermod as such because I might make more changes

The source is included, if you want to build it yourself to make sure it's not hacked/whatever

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/178658416/wurm classes/guedezmods.zip

Though I love the idea of monsters fighting each other, wouldn't that make it harder for us to find something to CRUSADE against?

And also to get animals to breed.
And also you wouldn't come upon fights very often, you'd just come upon a lot of corpses.

only fog spiders are aggressive to everything
I choose it because they are strong and everywhere
thus decreasing the count of everything, thus letting stuff spawn

until eventually all that remains is spider

as things are killed, more spawns automatically
fog spiders only spawn during fog

they are not gods on earth, they only defeated the dragon because it was about 50 vs 1, as I spawned 100 of those buggers twice

They don't care about not enough space like players do either

That's what you get for trying to play god.

depressing thread

RIP serb

This sure sounds familiar.

What's happening with the server? Is it going to shut down and if so is there going to be a new one? I quit when Burzan left and if that faggot admin is gone I'd consider playing again.

Hi Womb

richfig said he'd reset the map (and transfer skills) if the lava doesn't stop spreading, and if he did that he'd probably switch server hosts because the current one is a pain

I don't think the the "server is kill, have fun until the 27th" thing from is still the plan, but I guess we'll have to wait and see see how the server progresses

I'm Shawn.

If we're transferring skills can I get mine from WRC?

I'm surprised fog spiders can even hit hard enough to damage a dragon.

They probably don't have the CR to actually land a blow.

I miss brosmouth. I miss the old town. I miss the old people. I miss banding together to sail to a new world once the apocalypse happened and building an entire seaport that put the normalfags to shame. I miss sailing to the new world.

The game was so fun for so long, then it all went to shit. I genuinely had a huge amount of fun for the first time in a long while. Thank you to everyone who shared that experience with me. It was a wonderful time and you were wonderful people. Farewell, gentlemen.

If there is a new server I might join as well and start a new Animal Breeding Program.

Also how hard is it to add new animals to the game? I want to build a zoo.

Will the new server still be PVP? Or have we learnt our lesson?

OH.
Well that's even worse.
Pls stay go.

Wew, you just cannot get one right.
Do you spend a lot of time thinking about me onii-chan?

what

this is still going on

right now

The first time, user.

This, I don't think I can say enough that
ALMOST NOBODY ACTUALLY WANTED PVP, IT WAS FIXED BY TWO TO THREE AUTISTS SPAMMING VPN VOTES.
The only fucking polls that should be counted for votes are ones made in-game, and even then you should just filter out ones that logged on, voted, and logged off.
It's practically a non-issue if you go full-hermit mode, but still, fucking nobody wanted it. Everyone from Brosmouth/Broschwitz just wanted to be comfy, and fight mobs just often enough to give themselves purpose, then the server was made PvP and a fuckload of people left. The only ones still playing are the mega-autists, and the libila fags that take the game way too seriously.

I am completely ok with the map and even stats being reset as long as it's not going to continue to be PvP.

libila fag here, i quit, even im not hardcore enough to handle my horses vanishing on restarts. enjoy your PvE serb

Nice ip

I'll miss you too, faggot. May our paths cross again in another realm. I'll be fagging up in my shop in WRC if you need me

Continent: North AmericaCountry: United StatesCountry Code: USCountry CF: 99Region: Pacific NorthwestState: WashingtonState Code: WaState CF: 95DMA: 819MSA: 42660City: SeattlePostal Code: 98161Area Code: 206City CF: 80Latitude: 47.6015Longitude: -122.3304
Or
Continent: North AmericaCountry: United States us flagState/Region: WashingtonCity: BothellLatitude: 47.8435 (47° 50′ 36.60″ N)Longitude: -122.1957 (122° 11′ 44.52″ W)Postal Code: 98012

A faggot from Seattle, what a shock.

So now…
17011 28th Drive SoutheastBothell, WA 98012
…and we just…
Matthew Thomas Weir, 35Lesly K Weir, 55-59 years oldKarla L PoindexterPreston ResseguieTia Rachelle Resseguie, 35
My money's on Weir. Maybe Lesley's his mom who brings him tendies? Or maybe that's his dad?

This is getting pretty pathetic.
It's a fucking video game.

Worried?

No, I'm not badmin, you should be able to tell from IDs.
Might wanna take a look at rule 1 for Holla Forums, though.

Oh no, what will I do if this IP gets banned, I don't think I could handle how much it would hurt my feelings! If only we could all get along like on le Reddit :^)

Just thought I'd let you know, since you appear to be new and not know how things work around here.

Are you morally traumatized that someone would take a public IP address and derive basic information from it through public websites?
Does this dastardly flouting of Mark's authority really rustle your buttplug?
Is this a very serious breach of the netiquette you're used to?
Was your shitter shattered by this egregious incident?

Are you too summer to remember that Mark keeps
on anyone he thinks to be part of le epic conspiracy against him?

Aren't you getting too worked up over all this?
It's a video game.

Well actually, I'm confused as to why you would bother to do that. I mean, you accomplish nothing and you waste your time in the process.

Now it's my turn to be confused. Are you genuinely under the impression that this is an obscure or difficult feat? I really can't buy anyone talking about wasting time in the Wurm thread. Are you really just genuinely butthurt after all?

I'm just trying to figure out why you're doing it.
Quit being so defensive.

you're house a glass tbh, you seem very much invested in this as if it were unusual or new and scary to you
Got a real IP in that database or something?

wew lads

Still no reason, just more defensiveness.

But user, what I'm being is offensive, and what you're being is passive-aggressive. I don't think you really don't understand, I think you're just still bound by pride to pretend your sensitive little feelings weren't hurt by le broken rule.

I found Badmin because it was a brief and enjoyable experience to do so. Task and reward, just like any game. Again, you're in the thread for the game where mining is accomplished by either setting up a macro or hitting the same key over and over again ad infinitum. I really do keep coming around to you being simply too sheltered and easily offended for imageboards.

No you're not. You're not consistently anything right now.

So you do have a real IP in there. Intredasting, user, why would you do that?

what has this thread become

It has become autism given life.

An exercise in spotting HOTS.

A zero-sum game of dubious wits.
It really is a good distraction from mining.

Yeah, probably.
What would be the big deal about having an IP on there anyways? You think I care if some shitposter on Holla Forums knows that?
And you can stop pretending something childish like doxxing offends anybody here.

one hotshead quit
one got banned
one is probably asleep because it's past his bedtime

there aren't any hotsheads left to spot

You feeling a continuing need to assert how childish and pointless it is reply after reply is in fact the only indication that it offends you, but you already wrote all that shit and you can't go back now. Your very perception of it as some extreme, unusual or antagonistic action makes it pretty clear you're still coping with the adjustment to imageboards, even a relative hugbox like this board.

I don't perceive it that way at all.
Who the hell are you even arguing with?

The maiden doth protest entirely too much.

I guess there's not much to say when your argument is reliant baseless conjecture about my character.

Reread your posts thus far with this last in mind, and perhaps the irony will grant you new insights into your own psyche.

I haven't said anything about your character. There was no irony to be found.

You're not too abundantly perceptive, are you?

You're not very confident about this line of argument, are you?

Hi Shawn.

Clay where?

Is this WRC's map?

Wait no I think I see it. The bay wouldn't be a bad place for a town, either.

Too many mountains on islands but otherwise looks alright, I wish Richfag would release a picture of the current map, considering he's (supposedly) about to do an Exodus.

No, their map is on their website, that is not it. Granted I haven't looked at it forever, but this map is too 'islandy' compared to theirs.

this is the default map you niggers

He released the map and there are map viewers out there. Also

i can get you the list of all the artifact locations, everyones skills, locations of glimmer and adamantine ore veins and basically anything you want fam, it was all in those server files that got uploaded

Is this even a fucking thing?

Oh, I forgot about that somehow.
I can see my hermitfag house from here.

there are 9 glimmer veins and 2 adamantine veins

Doesn't matter, we'll probably be on a new map soon since the lava isn't fixing itself

what are those white tiles?

snow

how/why?

i have no idea

going to the gym now, when I get back I will make a mod that removes the epic curve from epic, everything else will remain, it's super easy

If you do, please don't add it in until after we all move to a new server.
I'm all for regular stats, but building large boats takes too long with regular stat-gain, and I want to actually keep a good amount of my stuff.

A large boat is meant to be a group project anyways.

You underestimate my Autism.
It'll be somewhat tough, but with the curve I can have it done by the end of the night.

While I make the non-curve epic mod, I will toss out a idea I had to make wurm a PVE game, but it will take some time to develop, and will depend on me figuring out some key stuff.

First off, the Idea

Basic Idea
- New Concept: Area Quality
Every tile in the map will have a intrinsic quality, starting at 10 and ending at 100. Logs and Ingots WILL NEVER be acquired at higher quality than the area quality. The higher your X and Y, the higher the area quality
- White Light starts at 100, 100
- Black Light starts at 3900, 3900

- All players will be white light, only NPC enemies can be black light
- If you are under the domain of libia, your skill gain is slowed and food/water drains faster, up to 1 minute for full drain and 0% skill gain near a 100QL altar, you will also get diseased
- All black light altars gain QL over time, all white light altars lose QL over time
- Black Light Enemies (not mobs like wolves and scorpions) will walk towards 0,0 putting down black light altars
- Black light altars will also spawn enemies based on the altar QL
- Black light altars QL will never rise past (AreaQL+10)
- White Light altars will spawn those Spirit Guards
- If a Spirit Guard dies, the altar it spawned will lose QL
- NO ALTAR(BLACK OR LIGHT) CAN BE PUT CLOSER THAN 100 TILES TO ANOTHER

- All mobs spawn will be controlled by area quality, so no scorpions at 10QL and no wolves at 50QL, for instance
- Possibly remove all walls, since it will only make shitty hard to implement, and since there is no PVP, there is no point for them

Other things can be fleshed out.

What I need to figure out to make this possible
- Acquire all altars positions
- Spawning altars
- Moving enemies (I might just pop up altars without enemies close if you don't put your own altars down or something)

One point of interest, leather and cloth armor will be relevant until about 30-40QL, where they will be stronger due to leather not being affected by AreaQL

hopefully it won't come to that

Im just going to log out here and wait for hostfag to put us on a normal map. the lava is not stopping and as it continues the previous lava tiles go from spikes to slightly below water level rock/lava thus permanently ruining the ocean.

I managed to disable the epic curve on the server, unfortunately disabling it on the client would require another mod, but we can just imagine that the 'effective' is not there

Fucking niggers, give feedback to
I don't want to start implementing it just so that nobody wants it

Area quality is essentially haven&hearth, do we really need it? It sounds like a very complicated idea when all we really need are enemies that aggro from a very long distance + enemies that kill each other over time to keep spawns rotating.

No walls I'm not so sure about. Would it still rule out house walls? If there's no way to make enemies attack walls in the first place then there's no reason to remove walls because we'll just use houses anyway.

Welcome to the world of focus groups and user testing.

Having NPCs who walk towards 0,0 sounds like it might not work too well, since the altars would spawn in a straight line between the bone altar and altar of three. It might work if the enemies spawn randomly in libila's influence so that they have a chance of expanding it laterally, but it would still be spreading majorly towards the starting area, and would take far longer to spread off to the sides, along the coast for instance.

I wouldn't play this, nor would I play on a server like this. The area QL concept is bad and encourages the worst kinds of autism.

Or the other way it'll work out

It'd completely invalidate farming and mining.

If you're making these kinds of changes, you may as well go build your own entirely new game from scratch. The combat system in the game actually isn't all that good and making mods to make one of the weakest parts of the game the focus is just poorly planned. There's a reason most people avoided the hell out of leaving the city walls.

been gone awhile, is this now a contest on how much you can fuck up a video game with mods?

yes, without it you would just sit in the fucking spawn and grind 99 weaponsmith

this way you have to make base camps and defend them

Not even I am sure of it. I might make any building not inside a god domain to decay super fast (LIKE SUPER FAST, in 1 hour tops)
And make enemies inside altar influence take damage and lower the altar quality rather than having them fight white dudes, meaning that they will break walls just by hugging it, and you can fight them off by constantly improving the altar, even if you can't take them on

I might make altars spawn regardless of enemies, as long as the closest libia altar to it it's above X QL

You didn't get how this works at all
the 100QL area is literally right besides libia altar, which will probably have a very angry libia avatar waiting for you
The further you go away form white light, the better the wood/metal you can get

This is JUST FOR WOOD AND IRON, farming and whatnot would be the same everywhere

On other news
I think I managed to make impossible for people to put down altars adjacent to one another regardless of domain (meaning you can't spam infinite buffer mag altars), not only that, but also list all altars, testing this right now

I can see what you mean, but I think conflict adds to the experience. I liked the hotshead ganking drama because it made shit interesting. It gave the village a goal to work towards, even if it was just building a tower and walls so they could avoid the shitty combat themselves.

Skeleton invasion was fun. Foraging desperately for healing covers when we had to deal with fog spiders day one was fun. Running around trying to find where verd would try and attack from next so your villagers wouldn't fall prey to him again was fun.

I found this cool thing

thanks, i had fun too :)

i'd be down for a discussion of how to balance pvp so its less tedious for you guys and harder for me, if theres even enough interest left in this game and server to be worth the time

So the closer you get to Lib, the higher the danger and the higher the QL of the resources are. I understand this much, what I don't understand is why should we bother?

If the danger isn't actually coming at us, then can't we just ignore all this and build whatever we want? If there's no danger then QL doesn't matter either.

It's a sandbox game, not a dungeon crawler with a very specific goal that the player has to accomplish.

Are you saying if someone wants to build their comfy shack and go fishing that they have to ignore all that to play the game how YOU want them to play it?

The reason this idea is bad is purely because the core game is a sandbox in the first place. Give people options by modifying some base game mechanics and then let them play around that, don't take away choices and force them into a linear experience.

This is the BAD kind of autism.

THIS is the bad kind of autism.

What part of modding the game into a PVE game did you miss?

No, who is stopping them? what feature there is stopping them?

The irony is this mod IS the way that I want to play it. I'm just not such a giant asshole as to assume that what I want is EXACTLY what everyone else wants.

I don't think anyone is assuming that. If people don't want to play it then they won't play it.

I've managed to stop altars from being added too close to other altars, regardless of deity.
unfortunately, it currently deletes the new altar rather than stopping you from completing it.
Not sure what happens if you drag the altar instead

your ideas are retarded and uncomfy

The game is already PvE you dense fuck. There are unique enemies that take a lot of people to kill. Pick or terraform a particularly foreboding area to warn people that bad shit lies ahead, and place a unique enemy there. The people playing now have a goal of assembling a group to kill the enemy, but at the same time they aren't pressured into autistic shit that they don't feel like doing.

But very little incentive to. Definitely not enough to get the Holla Forumsillagers on the server to grind to 50fs to kill them.

We had a troll king right fucking next to our settlement, yet there were only 2 people with more than 30fs by the time the server went to hell.

>Autist admin think he's playing le L0L so randum SS13 xD and fucks up the whole map
Can you mouthbreathers act like adults instead of manchildren? Is that so much to ask?

nothing will happen unless rich fag wants to, he owns the server, his word should be final

either way, I won't do any more of this for today, gotta sleep

PVP wasn't removed, what are you talking about?

this is why playing shit with yall never works can't just turn on 4xskill 4xspeed and leave it the fuck alone

It will be given that fags cry about MUH STUNS, others take Wurm PVP as the pinnacle of gaming and that someone will probably toss in a rigged poll to show how only 27% out of 120 (120 is 8 times our players) want PVP.

Loot, skillpoints and bragging rights aren't enough? Do you need a quest marker to go kill stuff, like in Skyrim?

Why don't you and the other anons who do not understand sandbox games and cannot stand to play them stop making new bullshit and compulsively dividing and starting new servers and maps, and just go play an actual free MMO?

No. The fact that practically nobody ever took a single step towards beating a unique is proof of that
The point was never about how I personally felt about it, but how others approached it (i.e. not at all)

Someone's trying to build something with structure in that sandbox and you're trying to kick down his sandcastle because others might not like it.

like this one?
or did you buy the game?

Rewriting a sandbox's JAR is not building something in it you fucking retarded reality-revising SJW. If you want to do something talk about doing it, don't pretend it's something else.
Because he asked, nay begged for fucking opinions on something that will divide this playerbase which everyone already agrees is too small after the first four divisive events. Are you really this fucking stupid? If you don't want to play the game, don't torture yourself or try to completely change it and drive off the players who actually like it. MMORPGs exist, just fucking pick a free one.

f2p is not a design feature of MMORPGs. Have you just never played any game online before or something?

I do, I played it for years. And just like I tried out epic when rolf released that, I'll try this when guedez does.

How is it driving someone off when there's another server in the OP that people in this thread play on that they could join if they don't like it?

>Rewriting a sandbox's JAR is not building something in it
Yes it is you retarded dick eater, and no, I am not even doing that, I am injecting code into the bytecode, but of fucking course you don't even know what that mans

Yet you gave none, you just complained about the concept of the mod, rather than the actual features on it while comparing it to F2P MMOs

in one post you manage to contradict yourself

you just said to go play a free to play game as if that was some sort of differential, and then right after says that it's not some sort of differential (or even, as if that it's somehow any close to what was proposed)

If you want a godamn medal, find a way tpo ensure that Lava no longer spreads

I could look into it tomorrow, right now I should be already sleeping

this tbh
badmin couldn't get basic shit like characteristic gain to work and these autists think they can not only get this bullshit to work, but find people that are willing to deal with it

It wasn't as if it were a differential, it was so you wouldn't have an excuse to misunderstand and herp and derp about muh buyfags. That you managed to miss this is, more than anything, monumental proof of your ultimate and final stupidity.

i'll tell you the same thing i told that dumb nigger over at WRC who was mad nobody gave a fuck about his dumb PVE events

town building phase of server trumps any of your dumb i spawned a unique hurr durr kill it plz bullshit

only until the server moves into the "niggers just living in their town day to day doing chores n shit" phase does anyone have time for your "im a dungeon master" bullshit

and btw the game already has that built fucking into it, uniques don't naturally spawn until certain criteria is met like X amount of people with FS over 50..etc

OI

give me the fugging zip file for this

It's the default map packaged with the game. The one littered with OP as fuck gear everywhere. If you start a server in adventure mode that's the map that'll be loaded.

It's actually not a bad map, but you'd have to wipe all the items from it if you wanted to use it.

richfig can you log in a moment I need you please lord.

That's not the map that loaded, the map that loaded looks identical to

Dunno what to tell you other than that it's the default map. Back when people were hosting servers to try and find out how to get a pirate server working, that was the map that kept going up as people weren't making their own.

heavenord is the default map in the server files torrent thats out there

is this what you guys want? if not, post up a better/ comfier map.

:^)

Gibzip

New map when?

Sounds a tad too drastic it has potential if its toned down a bit.

Instead of the entire map being flooded with altars in a big starburst pattern you should make the map a series of island which near the white light have white altar zones and near the dark light have dark altar zones. The islands in the middle will have no altars yet.

The zones would like you said breed champions and various faction based mobs. Once you kill em off and put your own sides altar down you will capture it.

Zones would have various faction bonuses like Mycelium growth and god bonuses.

The quality thing would be a bit annoying so make it so after a zone is held for a period of time they get a quality bonus of say +10 maximum. Alongside whatever other bonuses that zone represents eg. Rocky area has faster mining

The wall thing could be solved by specter type enemies which phase through walls.

You would have to tailor the map a bit for this type of play and balance the zones but its a good concept.

It could be worked so its easier to capture zones closer to your gods light so the whole map isn't just captured.

Bit like wurm risk with special enemy lairs and bases.

Alright, there's going to be a few changes on the new serb

Firstly, new map obviously.
Second, No badmin.
Thirdly, PVP will not be worldwide, instead it will be a pve serb with a PVP area, probably an island, To those ballsy enough to go there loot awaits, Mobs will prolly be a lot stronger there as well

Same action and skillgain speeds
When you sail over, it should transfer all your levels aswell.

I'm going to beef up the aggro from 30-50, so instead of 1/3 aggresive monsters, half the map will be aggresive monsters.

Are these changes optimal?

Don't do this unless you set it up to be like HotA where everyone knows it's happening and when.

If you just slap down a duel area or whatever it's called and put loot in the middle of it then it's basically first come first serve with littlechance of PvP.

also

This seems a bit too autistic.

Net drops and I get a new i.d.

How do I into tripfig

And thats exacty what I intend to do, Loot won't spawn without me being there and enemy players on the same island

Do we get our shit back from pre rollback?

I will ensure that everyone is able to sail over, don't worry, just make sure you have a ship ready

can you teleport me to my cave so i can get my tools and gear? im lavalocked on the wrong island

New serb is in fact Haevenjord.

Its nice map too, Would it bother if we kept it, or would you guys rather a Holla Forums made map?

Aye I'm on, who are you?

how long do we got?

I don't mind keeping it, just wipe the map of all pre-existing items.

verd

wat?

Send your co ords through the support tab

better?

how would I go about doing that?
Do I edit the Db you think?

yeah, thanks

I have no idea.
But another concern is that if we all have access to the default map, people will inevitably use the database to find everything there is to find.

The moment you released our current map data people couldn't help themselves from looking for everything rare there was, not that there's anything wrong with that but it certainly suggests that they'll do it again given the chance.

We already have people wanting to mine the rare ore nodes so they can haul it across to the new world. People cannot be trusted, keep all the power and information to yourself Richfag.

FUCK
FUCK
Guess I'll just become a Libila priest and enchant tools for you guys when I'm bored

Jesus died to forgive our sins maybe we should return the favor

NEW THREAD

Do like the original WO setup - higher grade ores in the PVP area.