Vita Thread

==NISA FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH= Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

techraptor.net/content/animeexpo-2016-interview-geraint-evans-pqube-games
techraptor.net/content/monster-hunter-generations-review
techraptor.net/content/pqube-explains-why-valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-will-be-uncensored
wololo.net/2015/10/04/tutorial-installing-qwikrazors-firmware-3-52-custom-bubbles-without-an-exploitable-psp-game/
techraptor.net/content/meiq-labyrinth-death-hits-western-shores-september
archive.is/S136O
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agalmatophilia
kdvr.com/2016/07/07/5-arrested-after-autistic-woman-found-living-in-backyard-cage/
puu.sh/pZPMi/739974b05a.jpg
docs.google.com/document/d/1fZQWNbvt6T71-JhN8B7lgAO9T5MudPdKonNwI2fBlp0/edit#
archive.is/NZdjq
manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/friends/profile.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for cyber sleuth titties

I screwed up the red-text. Fug

SAO Lost Song, finally got all 6 orbs and fought the boss of Frosslinde, unlocking the Dark World, the final floating island. After I beat Lost Song and do some/most of the post-game, I think I'm gonna go back to finish either Cyber Sluts, ToCS, or play more Sorcery Saga (Dubs can decide)

A release date for Valkyrie Drive in NA for right now. I'm just looking forward to all the censorship apologists' salt that'll come about from VD and GalGun more than anything else right now.

pre-ordered GalGun about a few days ago, and also ordered PS2 component cables & 2 8MB memory cards, which will be here tomorrow. And Monster Hunter Generations will arrive Friday

> fun?
Yeah, I'm having fun.

Been playing some MGS3 HD, and going to be trying out Gravity Rush when im done with it
Gal Gun if the the game runs alright, ive heard the jp version had some performance issues
I was thinking about getting Disgea 3, bt I dont remember if there was any cencor shit in it or not

Interview is up.

techraptor.net/content/animeexpo-2016-interview-geraint-evans-pqube-games

techraptor.net/content/monster-hunter-generations-review

Rad, I love how he keeps emphasizing how painless getting it through the ESRB was. I'll have to stock up on smugs for the inevitable Salt Party thread.

Not that I really had any doubts, the demo itself was pretty good. The lack of G-Rank still stings a bit though.

So I'm guessing the ESRB isn't a big pain to go through, but various publishers just don't want to risk paying for a pre-rating before anything is changed, only to find they may have to change things and then send it back in for an additional cost? Either way, good on them for being willing to not censor the game for their customers, unlike a lot of various other publishers would, provided said publishers were even willing to bring it west in the first place. Certainly wouldn't mind PQube becoming the western translator/publishers for more seemingly never-evers.

Also saw this in the related links on the side if it's of interest to anyone.
techraptor.net/content/pqube-explains-why-valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-will-be-uncensored

Smart people. I hope it pays off. My weebstation needs more games coming over. Like Robotics;Notes.

Have a smug Yuri if you're collecting.

Also really like this quote from them:

PQube is making XSeed look like a gaggle of prude old ladies at this point. Hopefully they follow through and show the entire industry of censorship what a joke they are.

I am having so much fun. I've been playing for hours and I keep telling myself "I'll quit after this and do something else", "but first I will make the lightning bomb", "maybe I should hand in this quest first", "but if I go gather that material quickly I'll be set up for when I come back".
Is it only me or is Totori not wearing panties? Little slut.

Can you not make the blood rush from my head right now? I need to focus.

Perfect.

Pretty sure in at least some of the games, the Japanese players (at the very least) have done camera manipulation using walls and such to glitch out the angles to check for stuff like that.

She's wearing panties. The skin tone is a little off from the pink underneath. But it's fun to dream.

Let me know if they've found anything then.

Looks just because it's in the shadow of the skirt. I'm not convinced.

I'm pretty sure I've seen video clips of them glitching the camera for Ayesha. Not sure about the prior games though.

If so, it's certainly a funny way to acknowledge that that's what at least some of the playerbase is going to try to do, but without resorting to black voiding and giving some kind of "reward" for those that manage to do so.

Have fun trying to platinum that. Planning a playthrough in order to get everything done in time was very fun.

Fun fact for burgers about pqube. They were infamous for taking over a year to get games to Europe and not including manuals. Hopefully their new efforts at becoming the next topdog in weeb localization will change that.

How long have they even been around for, and what else of note have they done localization wise?

Sadly, it's not like that counts for much at this point. Practically no releases get physical manuals anymore anyhow (at least here in the west), and in some cases, the companies out there have gotten so cheap they print the health warnings on the back of the cover art, where a potential reversible cover might have gone (Fucking Namco).

Steins;Gate.

Though I am very certain they did not do the translation and instead just ripped the fan translation. I think the fan translators were invited to help the project but I am not 100% certain.

I dont think they actually localized (maybe adding french, german, spanish etc?) things before, they just published shit very slowly. Also their website seems to have been hacked by ruskis or something.

Look closelier guy, there's a defined line where the underwear starts, and if that wasn't for the underwear that's not the way shadows work, and never been the way shadows work in video games. But keep flying your dream flag for your own happiness.

Is there cfw? I want one but only if I can do emus and pirate shit

They've got to be on good terms with the Steins;Gate translation team, because Reading Steiner was the one that they picked up to work on Valkyrie Drive.

You can run emulators if you're below 3.52 and have access to an exploit.
wololo.net/2015/10/04/tutorial-installing-qwikrazors-firmware-3-52-custom-bubbles-without-an-exploitable-psp-game/

Vita CFW and piracy is not an option. Well, there Rejuvenate for sort of CFW, but it's too late to gain access to that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Check out the CFW for dummies page for more information. Realistically speaking, if you just want emulators, you're going to have an easier time on another device.

Doesn't that usually happen for PAL releases though, since there's possibly more languages involved that would require translation for, and in some cases needing to find an EU publisher if there's no branch of the company that does the NA release? Just strikes me that it's probably not unique for PQube to do.

I must say that I feel sorry for PAL fans of JRPGs and the like, between delayed releases and at times ouright just not getting a game at all. Ridiculous that you guys had to wait 14 years to even get an official release of Chrono Trigger out there.

She wears some ballerina suit.

Kind of disappointed, but kind of relieved too that she's not a filthy slut.
Thanks for clearing up the mystery friend.
How feasible is it that I will get a good end first time through without looking anything up?

NISA being as shitty as they are were actually pretty based at publishing other developers games in Europe, sometimes even releasing a couple of days before the US. PQube was just slow by modern PAL region standards probably because they're small.
Well anyways I hope they'll do better in the future and end up being a good localization studio in these dark days of censorship.

Luckily those days are over since consoles are region free. Getting a US psn voucher takes me 2 minutes.

Except for Nintendo ofcourse. I bet the NX will still be locked.

Actually a leotard.

You might get a decent end as long as you stay goal oriented. It's very easy to lose track of time and then the game is over due to you fucking around with the alchemy system. It's a game that you replay multiple times since your gear carries over to new playthroughs.

Ironically enough with Nintendo, it's easier to buy stuff off the nip eShop if you're from the west than buying stuff off the Japanese eShop.

Anyway, looks like no one posted about this yet; techraptor.net/content/meiq-labyrinth-death-hits-western-shores-september

Yeah, I've seen on places like techraptor and NG article comments EU customers praising NISA for even publishing games out there, regardless of their penchant for fucking things up (I would be curious to know if whatever team that handles stuff for the EU releases is more competent than the native US English one, or if both are really iffy), and even lamenting the fact that NISA was no longer going to handle games for Atlus there.

And yeah, hopefully PQube can prove to be a standout group in proving that various other publisher/localizers are either too scared to bring certain games over for fear of bad press, or that they make unnecessary changes simply to make a bigger bill they can charge the Japanese side.

I still remember sometime last year or so where an SJW posted that GG had set gaming 20 years back and people praising the notion since the SNES had a lot of good games. Strikes me more that what we got was SNES-level censorship and regional changes.

As far as I'm aware, the Atelier games are kind of meant to be replayed, since they apparently have a lot of endings. That said, as I have yet to play them myself, I'm not exactly sure how they handle it, whether it's done through NG+ runs that might let you carry stuff over, or if the games set the calendar back a certain amount, or whatever.

I still don't get why Nintendo opted for region locking the 3DS at least, considering the old DS models were all region free. Was importing that big of an issue?

I assume the PSN has been a real boon to PAL fans, as I hear the US one has a lot more stuff than the PAL one, including classic games you guys never got out there, like Xenogears or Wild Arms 2. Still, even the US PSN is lacking some releases the Japanese one has, even for games we did get back in the day on the PS1, like Brave Fencer Musashi.

than buying off the Japanese PSN*

derp

I'd laugh if the western box art wound up having a tagline on the back somewhere of "A game too hot for the Aussie ratings board to handle" or something.

Seriously though, Australia needs to do something about their ratings board. At least to the point of consistency, since if memory serves, Atelier Rorona Plus got a more sever rating than one or more God of War games.

Pqube did Stein's Gate. I've never played anything else from them. The TL was pretty good

Well as a PUBLISHER Nisa is actually great.

It's just that they are shit at localisation and literally break games with new bugs.

I haven't minded their distribution angle much, though I'd prefer it if they either went solely into that than localization, or companies just cut them out entirely. It's when they actually touch the script and/or code that they've proven to be terrible.

I'm just curious as to if the PAL versions of games they've handled for non-NIS companies like Atlus (who don't have a native EU branch), where they might have to translate it into languages that aren't as common in the US, wind up being nearly as broken as native NISA localizations the US sees.

Actually when I think about it JRPGs usually arent translated into ger/fr/esp/it etc.

I think only Bamco and the bigger publishers actually bother doing that.

That's the difference between people who enjoy what they are working on and people who don't. Tom is the only thing standing between XSEED becoming the next NISA, the other people working there can't wait to censor these filthy weeb games.

Says who?

Tom is definitely not the only one. He's managed to drag Hatsuu over to his side, at least.

So do they normally just reuse the English/Spanish/French scripts NA sees? I mean, usually the games I get are English only as far as language options go, but every so often a game I've bought on Amazon has been a Canadian one, and those do ask if you want to use English or French.

Everyone who isn't Australia

It gets them money and fame. XSeed would be retarded to ever go against what they've done so far.

Don't forget that they still haven't put the ages back into Senran Kagura. Don't be fooled into thinking they are completely anti-censorship.

I've still heard that it's Tom and a few higher ups that have to keep at least some of the rest in line, since apparently some of the other employees question why they're not censoring or changing shit because "it's what all these other companies are doing" like it's something hip and trendy to be doing. Still, while he's there and they try to keep censorship to a minimum, I'm fine with buying games from them.

When did Tom even start working there anyhow? I know he's said something before about "chances are if you see content that seems like the sort other companies would cut, I pushed for it to remain in" but there's some games I'm curious as to whether he was around for at the time.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain. Seriously, this game is possibly one of the best of it's genre.

SRW V to come out already, and Gundam Breaker 3 to drop in price.

Uppers tomorrow, Ys and Sword Town Foreigner this month, 7 Pirates and the price drop release of the remake of the first Super Dimension Neptune next month, Demon Gaze 2 in October, SRW V whenever.

I wish I could enjoy G Gen, but it always feels so awkward and clunky compared to SRW.

You know, it says something about how god awful the localization of that series is that despite having played the franchise for years and having logged about 200 hours in Cross over the last 8 months, I don't understand half of what they're talking about in this "review"

The weirdest change to me will be the change from Bushido to Adept.
I suppose Adept fits like a lot of the other changes since it requires a player with patience and timing to use, but Bushido is a much cooler and more fitting name. Especially when longsword is being used

The fact that they just arbitrarily change names of most of the monsters and mechanics is just beyond me but what really pisses me off is that apparently the localizers use the script as a platform to be faggots and throw petty attacks at people telling them to git gud

Goddamned Noraneko no Tama knows how to write a good doujinshi.

I'll be honest, it really was a pain for me to learn the English names for some of the stuff for this review myself.

>as a platform to be faggots and throw petty attacks at people telling them to git gud
Say what now?

It's really godawful what passes for a "translation" these days

From an user who downloaded the leaked ROM:

user that wrote the review here, let me explain with this picture I took.

Reminds me of all those "why the git gud mentality needs to die" articles after than one journo flubbed at playing nuDoom even remotely well.

Is it me or are the vita threads progressing way faster lately? Which is great.

Sword City & Trails in the Sky
Odin Sphere, Gundam Breaker 3 but wanna finish SC first

Which Atelier is best to start with? I assume Rorona is first in release order.

Anyone know anything about Grand Kingdom?

The Western side of the industry is pretty much unsalvageable at this point, I just hope that after it crashes and burns it rebuilds to the point we start seeing things like Battletoads and The Lost Vikings again.

There have been a fair number of big releases recently, like Refrain and Caligula last month, plus a bunch more very soon.

It's because every thread someone will start up some incredibly autistic argument. Two threads ago it was "all vita games are too easy", then it was arguing about what qualifies as an ARPG and if SAO was a better one than Akiba's Trip, I almost can't wait to see what this thread will devolve into.

How many people in these threads are playing those two games, other than you?

I'll probably buy Refrain when it gets back in stock on Amazon.co.jp.

I'm probably going to be playing Shiren the Wanderer pretty soon though.

Probably depends on time of day/week. Some days wind up being much slower than others.

There's multiple subseries of duologies/trilogies. As far as English releases go, as far as I know for the Arland games you want to start with Rorona Plus (though there's some extra content in the post game that spoils parts of Totori and Meruru to my knowledge), and the Dusk games start with Ayesha (the plus version having dual audio as the PS3 version got caught between the series changing from NISA to TK/Actill, and TK not being sure how important the Japanese audio was to fans at the time; if you have a CFW PS3 there's an undub patch, and the Plus version on the Vita includes native dual audio).

There's also the Iris Trilogy and Mana Khemia duology on the PS2 in English, but it's worth keeping in mind those apparently handled somewhat different than Atelier had been before, or since (considering the Iris games are more standard JRPGs, while the MK games are an Alchemy Academy setting). Probably part of why they were the first to be brought west in the first place. There's also Annie on the DS, which is a resort management spinoff.

I suppose it really just depends on what you're wanting from them. Admittedly I haven't played them myself just yet, but I'm planning to start with the PS2 ones to see what those are like (particularly on the off chance they're hard to go back to after more recent ones), while keeping in mind they may not be representative of the PS3/Vita ones, which are apparently more inline with the general style of the series (though those have been losing some of their time management aspects over various entries to my knowledge).

I dunno, probably as many other people who like dungeon crawlers and/or the good Persona games and aren't already balls-deep in something else they need to finish.

That's not really true. Tom is the most vocal about not censoring games, but everyone else at Xseed is also against it, but to a lesser extent. Even one of the higher ups realizes that censoring games would piss off their fanbase.

archive.is/S136O

I think only Burst had that issue, while the other games didn't have ages in the Japanese version, but I could be wrong.

I didn't mean to sound condescending or anything, I was legitimately curious. You said those two games were contributing to the fast pace of the Vita threads here, but I don't think I've seen any discussion of either of those games in the Vita thread, outside of you saying "I'm playing them".

That first part was meant for

Don't know how that happened.

Yeah, they're faster. There have been a number of arguments and discussions that sped up the thread. The arguments haven't ended well, for the most part.

People are really excited about VD, huh? I'm guessing it has more to do with a publisher not censoring shit than it does with the actual game.

Changes to games during localisation aren't censorship. They're merely adapting them to their target market - if sexualised little anime girls means people won't buy a game, or if a character's design doesn't appeal, then it only makes sense to change it to increase sales.
Pic related. Was this censorship?

Wait what the fuck is the purpose of this? Why would they actually write that in for MH? Did someone on the localization team get triggered?

words words words
can you spoonfeed me and tell me how they ruined monster hunter so i don't have to read this shit

9/10 it's ok.

Was just throwing it out as a possibility, not stating it as a fact, sorry if I seemed to be doing otherwise.

Localizers are cancerous filth that need to be purged from humanity.

Pretty sure it's only the cooking rhythm game that has no ages in the Japanese version.

I had been interested in the game before, but I wasn't going to spend $60+ to import a Vita game, since I don't have a lot of money to throw around. I'm happy I'll be able to get it uncensored for a lower price.

Considering how official dubs for stuff like Prison School got away with whoever wrote the script/delivered the line doing shit like calling out GG, it doesn't surprise me at this point.

The real question is, what did that line originally say? While I doubt there was a "who wants to take time to bother getting good?" thing there in the Japanese version, you never know unless you check. Not after people found stuff like an arrow to the knee memethat was also in the Japanese version of a game Atlus handled (Dragon's Crown, I think? Could be wrong).

Terraria. I'm having more fun than I'd like to admit.
my fucking package to arrive, it's been stuck near new york for a week, it's traveling just one state at a time. still have 1,750 miles to go before it reaches arizona.

Do you guys think I could call the post office it's at right now and pay them to add postage to make it an express delivery?

Dungeon Travelers 2. There was an arrow to the knee joke in the original Japanese version, and it was literally translated.

I'm almost 100% sure it was just generic throwaway line, probably about taking your time and being careful because it's your first big monster. I could go start up a new file to check though.

Terraria is pretty great, but the company that is handling the ports is slow as shit and sooner or later you will just stop giving a fuck. The more advanced versions off so much more in the way of good gear it is ridiculous. You will never fight the moonlord with your yoyos

You just mean the bad ones, right?

I don't see how they could actually fuck it up. Isn't generations just a faster version of the usual monster hunter?

Nope. Shipping label has been made and paid for. Just gotta wait, Fucking Gamestop.

What did you order? And yeah, as another AZ user, I'd hope it doesn't get stuck somewhere out in the summer heat.

At least today's only supposed to be 109 here. Fuck that 120 degree day a while back.

I'm not aware of any other kind existing. To be fair, I don't play games in English unless they were originally in that language, like Shovel Knight or WayForward's games, so I'm judging purely off what gets discussed around these parts, which I'm going to presume is the worst of the worst. Still more than enough to demand a cleansing though.

It's made by a different dev team with a different director in charge than the main series. It's still the spinoff that plays closest to the main series though.

Nooope. Nope. Not going to AZ in the summer. Ever. Nooope.90+ is too much for me. Shit, 80 is pushing it.

my computer is so shit that terraria gets 13 FPS with backgrounds off and on lowest settings. the vita port's the best i can do.

i dunno, the context that that review link was posted made me assume it was real bad news.
i'm going to kill myself over this package

a GPD XD, mainly so i can emulate DS and Dreamcast games. no yeah, i know, i'm going to be angry as fuck if they don't bring it to my door and have me sign for it. if it sits in the mailbox for over two hours, i don't think it'll make it. that's why i'm watching the tracking number like a hawk, but a man has to sleep sometime.

people in arizona wear sweaters at 80, that is cold to us. not an exaggeration or a stereotype.

They didn't ruin the game, but the localization is certainly questionable.

That's from the upcoming Generations? Maybe I should buy preowned.

Every time I order from someone that uses the Post Office I get worried because they're such dogshit compared to Fedex or UPS.

That would be really cool of you user.

It's 4U with rebalanced weapons, hunting arts, and 4 different styles. There's also new monsters and shit, same old same old sequel improvement.

I posted the review link because someone mentioned the game and I had a relevant link for it. I thought the game was good, and my review reflects as much.

Did you not see his bait flag?

I've lived her my whole life. As long as I have fans and AC, I'm fine. But yeah, 105+ is pretty much just another day here, and I can understand if people that haven't lived out here their whole life wouldn't be okay with it (I had a former friend from Colorado that HATED the temperatures here and always flew back to visit family in Colorado during the summer rather than put up with it).

If you want to know something funny, even 50-60 degrees is jacket weather for us.

I looked it up, and you're right. The cooking game is the only one that isn't censored, while the other games had the ages taken out from the character profiles. Sucks that they did that.

Well I just snagged a copy. Let me get back into it and maybe when 1.3 gets console release we can try expert.

okay, add marcopolisneko

I would say just get the actual game, Cross is going for like 2500 yen right now.

Working through the opening shit right now.

Buy a CPU/GPU, goddamn.

I've had generally good service from USPS, but I did have one case where an item was lost after delivery. I think they delivered to someone's doorstep, and it was stolen. I felt bad for my buyer.

Oh, I thought it was a brand new game. Well, that's cool, I guess. I've got a few friends that are big into Monster Hunter, so I'd bet they're enjoying it.

We have mild climate here. I can't do excessive heat. I already suffer from chronic headaches/migraines, and heat makes it worse with heat exhaustion and dehydration. Just can't do it. Doesn't help when you've got yardwork to do. I love the Winter, though. I'll be out all day. Zero degrees? Zero problem. Just give me some gloves.

It is, it's done by a wholly different team and with new monsters and areas and the entire Hunting Style/Skill system. He means it's running off the same base engine as 4G.

a $200 emulation device is worth it considering it's a handheld, and a powerful one at that. it's the most powerful handheld with a built in controller on the market right now. handhelds have spoiled me too much, i don't like playing on PC or console.

Yeah, there's definitely some days that are far worse than others here. I remember back in elementary school and junior high you'd be stuck during the pre/post summer break months waiting outside for classes to start, or just to be let in after recess, and you'd be drenched in sweat and feel the blood pulsing in your head from the heat. Why some of these places have insisted on outdoor campuses when it gets this hot (to the point some days we'd have to have recess/lunch indoors because having kids play outside in 110+ degree weather is a child abuse lawsuit waiting to happen) is beyond me. At least my high school was entirely indoors aside from sports and classes in the modules. Could easily deal with the hot summer days that way (we don't even get much of a summer break, as school here would get out the first or second week of June and get back in the last or second to last week of July, meaning you still have to go to school when it's pretty damn hot out).

Non bumping post for non-vidya/vita discussion.

Shame that I'm a Burger, and that I'm not importing a brand new 3DS from Japan when I can't even speak the language.

You're never going to learn with that attitude user - believe in yourself!

You don't need a Japanese 3DS anymore, just hack your system.

Yes since the hardware of the DS were mostly imported since it was cheaper in the US than in Japan

I have £60. What do I buy

Nothing.

muramasa rebirth or sorcery saga curse of the great curry god

I don't particularly want to.

I know, I already own everything worthwhile though. I wanna play online with my friends too, I've wanted to get into homebrew as well but I'd always pussy out since it could brick your system. Has it gotten easier since then?

Yeah, unfortunately, it's one of those Catch-22 type deals where you don't really realize how good an idea it is until you've already done it. Hopefully you'll get there eventually somehow though.

Or that I prefer existing western games and Japanese games that are natively dubbed in English like RE, DMC, etc.
I don't mind playing good translations of weeb games, but I'm not that into them.

The trilogy goes Rorona - Totori - Meruru chronologically, but I am starting with Totori Plus because apparently Rorona Plus was released after and is a step up in terms of gameplay additions, so going from it to Totori would feel like a downgrade. That's what I was told anyhow.
I'm gonna go back to Rorona when I'm finished and then end the trilogy with Meruru.

I'd honestly rather bone Lionela's super cute sapient cat puppets than i would any of the human characters. Perhaps I was the target audience when they were designing them? :)

I know there's a demo.

Furries pls go.

Thanks for reminding me why I have this old screencap saved.

That's not furry, the proper term is en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agalmatophilia

:)

Sorry to keep you lads waiting

As expected, the Americanese dialogue has all of ZERO to do with what is actually said. I can't take screencaps, so for the sake of accuracy I've transcribed and translated the text with two holes because of a combination of my kanji knowledge being elementary schooler tier and how fucking tiny the font is even on an LL screen.

ハンターさん、こんにちは!
村長さんから<緊急クエスト>が
届いているわ。

Hello Hunter! There's an for you from the Village Chief.

緊急クエストっていうのはね、クエスト
カウンターのレベルごとに、特定の
クエストをクリアすると発生するのよ。

Emergency Quests appear when you've cleared specific Quests from each Level of the Quest Counter.

緊急クエストをクリアすれば、レベルが
ひとつ、上がるわ。もちろん、難易度も
一緒に上がるから気をつけて!

If you clear an Emergency Quest, your Level will increase by one. Of course, the difficulty increases with it so be careful!

今回、届いている緊急クエストの内容は、
<ドスマッカォ>の狩猟ね。

The details of the Emergency Quest that's arrived this time is the hunting of a

どすまっかぉ! 名前は可愛いけれど、
ピョンピョン跳ねては__に攻撃してくる
いや~なモンスターなのよね。

Dos Makkao! It's got a cute name, but it's an annoying monster that attacks while bouncing around like mad.

ハンターさんも、お顔やお_に
いた~いキックをくらわないよう、
気をつけて!

Be careful you don't take a paaaaainful kick to the face or (something), Hunter!

それではクエスト一覧を開きます、
どうぞ!

Well then, I'm opening up the Quest list, so go ahead!

Thank you, you've helped my with my decision.

So where in there was the line(s) that was replaced by "who wants to actually git gud" or whatever? Just curious if they actually removed anything particularly useful, like the notification about its bouncing and kicks, which if you ask me, causes even more of a problem with what was done.

i'd like to shoot translators in their smug faces
and shoot the people who buy the games anyway

i was going to add I'd shoot the devs for not keeping a leash on them, but i thought about it and i don't mind them. americans are so far below the japanese that they don't even consider us, and rightfully shouldn't. we are not relevant to their japanese utopia.

I'm going to presume that's what was replaced simply because the opening bit is explaining how Emergency Quests work which I PRESUME they'd keep in. The very last box is a stock line reused a lot so I doubt that'd be it.

kdvr.com/2016/07/07/5-arrested-after-autistic-woman-found-living-in-backyard-cage/
could've been me back there

This is a joke right?

Seriously, if both part of the dialogue are important (one for monster information and one for gameplay information), why feel the need to change ANYTHING to begin with? There's a difference between throwaway dialogue and stuff relevant to the task at hand.

I am now remembering that one Holla Forums or /g/ or whatever user that apparently had a cage under his bed with some ass slave he kept in it.

Atelier New Game+ lets you keep money, equipped items, and sometimes learned bonus alchemy skills. Your adventure levels and hoard of ingredients is something that has to be regained manually. For this reason, it's suggested that you sell off all of your items on the very last day in order to have that extra bits of money so any money-sapping quests don't knock you out for time, and you have cushion to complete some alchemy recipes early on the next playthrough.

Perfect example: Atelier Ayesha you get the chance to buy an air balloon, and it's expensive as hell. You can easily blow up to half the game time before you have that money, provided you're focusing on other tasks. NG+ makes that not even a slight concern, provided you've got scratch from the last playthrough.

Mostly because of licensing. Some licenses expired, others were bought away. Others still won't content with Sony's digital store demands for retro games. Perfect example: no store but the Japanese PSN has Lunar 2: Eternal Blue on it, iirc. The only digital version available of Lunar in the US is under XSEED's license (Silver Star Harmony) and not Working Design's release (Silver Star Story Complete).

All ateliers are pure.

I know it's Vitaville, but someone want to explain this bit to me? Is it simple because you just tie a bank card to the account and they accept overseas bank transactions? Or is there an easy way to get gift cards for the JPN eShop?

I'm especially interested in the later, since I don't have a spare bank account I'm willing to tie to any online transactions.

I'm going to assume he's either being sarcastic, or commenting on the fact that from a business perspective the West is pretty irrelevant to most Japanese games - Monster Hunter could do without ever getting a foreign release and still be on top of the world.

Money and ego - the more they change, the more they can charge the client, and judging from the type of change we've seen, it's pretty clear that they use it as a petty sounding board for them to jerk themselves off.

I don't know who told you that, but it's wrong. Rorona is still the most basic game in the trilogy, and since it's first in the timeline there is no reason not to play it first.

Too bad, it's been slowly picking up in the west and will probably continue to grow larger since 4U saw massive gains here. I think it's here to stay.
We all know Capcom knows a cashcow when they see it. It's a damn good thing that they don't fuck with the actual game's development.

10 hours in and I was operating on false information
Too late to turn back now

actually this makes me want to ask, is it really necessary story-wise to play them in order anyway? cause back when i was retarded and didn't know they were a trilogy, i did play about 8 hours of Meruru. and i didn't notice any plotholes i was missing or whatever

Archiving this for usage. I was going to buy the latest Monster Hunter. Capcom gets nothing, now. I'll stick with Freedom Unite.

freedom unite's the best one anyway, you made the right call

Yes and no. In general, each game is its own self-contained story, but will have elements and even characters that paint a broader picture of the setting. You won't miss out if you skip ahead, but there will definitely be moments when you'll go "Ooooh so THAT's why" later on.

not necessarily, but you don't get the feeling of seeing these characters grow between games and such. or get to rage when rorona get's turned into a loli

I'm currently playing Ayesha plus and I'm completely lost

Actually thanks to mobile DESTROYING traditional gaming a lot of Japanese studios are looking at the Western market to pick up the slack.

Luckily a lot of them are targeting weeaboos and not the mainstream "eat your hamburger Apollo" crowd. So we get dual audio at least.

Is this near the beginning of the game? I might go in and get some screenshots of this part.

Ayesha isn't connected to the Arland Trilogy. Ayesha is the start of the Dusk Trilogy.

I'd say that's only a thing with the super large guys, most devs can't afford to wait on potential foreign sales to keep them afloat.

Yeah, it's the first Emergency Quest in the Village.

I was surprised to see a niche JRPG like Stella Glow sell 3x as many copies in North America as Japan. Definitely didn't expect a game like that to sell 150k in North America.

Didn't matter too much to those devs, though, since they had already announced they were folding before the game even came out in Japan.

From a gameplay perspective that's objectively wrong.

Saved.

Wait Stella Glow's devs were shut down?

Yeah, I think Imageepoch declared bankruptcy about a month before Stella Glow came out in Japan.

Thanks for the info, I'm currently downloading the game.

However, it seems like the bytes are being delivered to my 3DS by carrier pigeon, so it'll be a while before I can get any screenshots.

Did they ever find the Imageepoch CEO who disappeared?

I haven't heard anything. Seen speculation that maybe the yakuza got him.

Would be better if you included the photos of the English version in there for it directly for comparison. I'll see if I can whip up a better screenshot in a few,

Oh! Good then. Now I know where to go from now on for the next game.

Made an extended version with context.

If you worry about it at all you will fucking hate the game. Just don't even think about it.

TANASINN

okay seriously am i just a shit player or is juzoh with AI set on level 3 and up genuinely unbalanced to the point of unplayability?
he can do fucking diagonal grabs
he can sprint across the entire level and grab you in .6 seconds. you can jump but you won't be off the ground in time to avoid it anyway, and if you're in a corner you're double fucked.
he can do ground grapples as soon as you fall instantly from anywhere on screen, whereas a human player would struggle to get near enough to even do a normal ground attack before you stand.
i don't get it, i've played against three human players who used juzoh and they were all clean cut, fair fights. no complaints. what the fuck is this then? no other AI character has annoyed me so
he can do instant diagonal grabs, he is an impenetrable wall. no direction is safe to approach, fleeing is impossible.

I suppose it depends on how well word spreads about it. If memory serves, Xenoblade Wii sold a lot better in the US than Europe or even Japan, and that was even with NoA making it Gamestop/Nintendo's online store exclusive at the time and doing a print run that failed to meet demand because they felt there just wasn't the audience to warrant printing more (hence preowned prices shooting up towards $100-120 or so and new prices at around $200 for a while until they did give Gamestop a reprint shipment).

Is cyber sleuths really that good of a game? You guys seem to like it a lot. I've never played a Digimon game; I kind of assumed they were for children. Though I still play pokemon so I'm not saying i just play machhuure gaymes. Is it worth getting for a newcomer to the digi-series?

I'm watching VD Mermaid and it's actually not bad. Maybe I'm desensitized to shit anime but the characterization is straightforward and Mirei is quite likeable. I'm really considering buying Bhikkhuni, but is the game any good? Also I only have a PSTV, will that be an issue?

you assumed right

Haven't played it myself, but it was made by a developer I've really enjoyed other games from (Media.Vision of Wild Arms fame), so I assume it's pretty solid. I have seen some complaints about the translation though, but it seemed to be more of general typos/carelessness than cutting/changing content (the way some localizations these days sadly are). It's also unfortunately digital only on the Vita, unless you import an Asia/Pacific English copy (and I'm not sure if the free DLC from either the US or PAL PSNs will work with that).

I assume someone else that's played the game might be able to give you a better answer, so maybe take that with a grain of salt.

I just started playing yesterday so I am not too far into it. It's also my first Digimon game. The gameplay is pretty good. Some of the abilities are pretty nice like the ability to avoid random encounters later in the game. The evolution is very forgiving with the ability to go up and down multiple paths. To be honest I just sort of stalled out on chapter 4 because I found a real nice place to grind for expand have been filling in my field guide to get a better idea of what digimon are available and what their typing and elements are so I can build a team I want. The downside of grinding like this is that your digivice is small and you pick up expansions as the story progresses allowing you to store more and stronger digimon. So far the story is okay but a lot of the enviroments are pretty samey. PlatinumNumemon is awesome because not only is he a giant shit monster that throws shit as his signiture attack, he also has a passive that doubles exp gain and I found and item that adds to that. Your first bottleneck is going to be digivice memory size. Second will be Com. You gain Com by bringing a monster with you or feeding it meat at your ranch. The third bottleneck is Abi. I don't know what this stat does but it is needed for advanced evolutions. You can gain it on a digimon by evolving it up and down. You get your best Abi growth by maxing out a digimon's level with it's current evolution and then devolving it. It's kind of a pain to go down a digivolution before you have to go up two more to get to the one you wanted, but as far as I can tell it doesn't ever decrease.

7/10 pretty fun with no need to grind from what I have seen so far but the repetitiveness of level design can get boring and the encounters can be obnoxious if you are having to go through an area a bunch of times in a row to do retrieval quests until you can get the no encounter ability.

ignore the first reply, i wouldn't have bothered if i had read you play pokemon.
this children's game is perfect for you!

Man, I would make this my second purchased Vita game if it weren't for the DLC. I wouldn't even be able to play it, but I'd still get it.

Sadly, I refuse to trade one form of cancer for another.

it's one thing to play something with child-like themes, like i don't know, shonen jump

it's another animal entirely to play games literally marketed for 6 and under Happy Meal customers

There's Nick, with shows like Hey Arnold!
and there's Nick Jr, with shows like Handy Manny.
Shonen jump is hey arnold. Pokemon is Handy Manny.

but of course everything has to be black and white to you guys

Do you mean a licensed title, or Shonen Jump itself? Because SJ is nothing but marketing to kids and tweens.
Marketing doesn't effect the overall enjoyment of the game. Splatoon had the shittiest ads and it was still great.

you;re not going to be able to understand any of what i'm saying because it really is completely black and white to you.
okay. i will try one more time cause i'm hopped up on coffee.
there is a difference between 6+ and 6- products, a very clear distinction. to you these products are one and the same, i'm not sure what happened in your brain to make you think this way.
this is not all too different than pokemon dialogue, 6- book puu.sh/pZPMi/739974b05a.jpg

yet you can look at that and think it's the same age group as shows, books and games for 6+, when in fact 6+ media frequently deals with darker topics and has comedy that goes over smaller children's heads, and has dialogue with more than four words in one sentence..

your pokemon is not comparable to hokuto no ken. and you can and should grow out of 6- media while still indulging in 6+. there is a world of difference. it's black and white, to me anyway. when i say these things and shit on blue's clues and sesame street video games, people assume i play call of duty for some reason? it's black and white to you guys like i said.

Cyber Sleuth is more aimed toward otaku than children. The game is full of anime shit and cleavage.

Could you try even harder to sound like a pretentious douche bag?
I'm disagreeing with you, I'm implying that Pokemon isn't shit because it's marketed at a 6+ audience.
>this is not all too different than pokemon dialogue, 6- book puu.sh/pZPMi/739974b05a.jpg
That's grossly overexaggerated. Pokemon's dialogue has never been that complex, but it's never been that simple either.

you really don't see a difference between rose of versailles and pokemon. this saddens me. well i knew i was fighting a losing battle, i've been through this all before.
i don't watch sesame street as a grown man therefore i play call of duty. these arguments end the same every time.

yeah i don't know much about modern digimon which is why i used pokemon as a frame of reference every time instead. i had pokemon Y and i know for a fact its writing is no different than the page from that curious george book i posted.

Maybe, but after this double-whammy from PQube, there's literally no excuses to be had now; not from NISA, not from mildly-disgruntled lower-rung XSEED employees, etc. These two games stand as proof that as long as it isn't a full on porn game hell, even it if it practically is, since Dengeki Stryker's 18+ version got an M rating that the ESRB just doesn't give a flying fuck. At this point, they shouldn't even be able to get away with little things like age changing and such.

What company did the localization for MHGenerations, do we know yet? Was it 8-4? I hope it burns to the ground for doing this shit, whoever they are. Just when I was really looking forward to this too. I've already ordered it though, so I may as well have as much fun as I can out of it. This pisses me off though. Gitgud has always been a legitimate thing to say when playing monster hunter, encouraging newbie hunters to not give up and to learn the monster they're having trouble with, while also teasing them. I MH4U was a little meme-y, but it was bearable. MH3U had none of that shit in it though (that I can recall).

Yeah, Dragon's Crown had an arrow-in-the-knee joke as well, when you find some of the skeleton piles of a dead adventurer, sometimes their message will say something to the tune of having taken an arrow to the knee as what felled them, or something like that. I know that was in the original Japanese as well though.

Remember, your words, not mine. We're well beyond that point now.
I just want to know what you're smoking.
Ha. Still overexaggerating, but Y is a shit game. Everyone on here that has ever played a Pokemon game before know's it's a shit game.

Not sure. The wikipedia page doesn't mention anything and 8-4's page doesn't list it.

Hey , if you're still around, any chance you can access the credits for the game with your review copy and see just who handled the localization?

May be, but it's my only applicable option. Speaking thereof, How is the memory transfer from Vita to PSP games? I already know it's damn-near impossible to transfer Vita games conveniently, but PSP files are still okay for flipping, right?

ImageEpoch, the developing company, went into serious debt around 2014 or so. Rumor has it the CEO took loans from shadey as fuck businesses. The dude went missing the beginning of last year and right now is presumed a suicide, last I recall. Imageepoch itself was dissolved.

This is one of the big hurdles on any hope of a legit port of Fate/Extra CCC, as the parent developer was Imageepoch. Stella Glow is actually a fantastic fucking game with a little something for all players that love waifus and tactics style combat.

It also had a demo set to release that was well-advertised iirc, so the high number of sales is no real surprise.

No need. 8-4 stopped translating anything besides the English->French/Spanish/etc since MH4U.

All of this is Capcom's in-house team.

You sure? Would be nice to know that 8-4, NoA, and Treehouse weren't actually involved in any of it, though that doesn't make the dialogue changes any less cancerous (I saw that rupaul thing in the Monster Hunter thread).

Capcom just loves tossing away any of that goodwill they might occasionally get it seems.

I'd like to think PSP and PS1 eboots still have their save data and game files separate, but I can't be 100% sure.

god fucking damn them all. Is there any more of that kind of bullshit in the game? Is it filled with memes or dumb shit like you showed us?

sage for off-topic

whowhatsit now?

See and the posts following it, apparently.

Why can't they just all die?

Didn't you know?

We all died and this is hell.

At least tell me that they didn't fuck around with the female armors, changing/removing parts or whole sets, right? They didn't do that shit, right?…

That explains a lot

those actually are your words, they were your opening argument. "mature games for mature gamers". because again, black and white line of thinking. there is no in between. there is no middle ground. only sesame street and call of duty. the 6- and 6+ demographics are one and the same to you, and everything outside of that realm is CoD.

We're beyond that point though you autist. I haven't been repeating the same fucking thing over and over. I've been countering your arguments.
Instead of beating around the bush, tell me exactly how Pokemon is bad?

just one out of those four should be a dealbreaker to any grown man, yet somehow not even all four combined stop you autistics from playing it

Oh, I wasn't aware it had any advertising like that. I'm kind of clueless about some of this stuff, I guess.

Curious George wishes it had Pokemon's level of merchandising and marketing.
Most 3yr olds have a hard time reading and I doubt they could beat the game before they even turn 4. Fuck user, Pokemon is easy as fuck no doubt but you aren't doing yourself any favors by making bogus comparisons.

says the guy defending it for no reason and claiming it's on-par with hey arnold! and shonen jump
this is so fucking weird man, this is the second thread in a row someone's defended schlock that is shit by their own admission. last thread it was SAO.

All right, we've been off-topic enough as it is, lets get back on-board.

What do you guys think will happen, now that PQube is is bringing over two of the lewdest non-H games in recent memory, over to the US totally uncensored and in a physical retail format? It's already all-too-clear that GalGun Double Peace is flying off the (virtual) shelves, so much so that they delayed it two weeks just to print more copies. Do you guys think Valkyrie Drive will do just as well, or even better?

My hopes for Omega Labyrinth come closer to being a reality.

That, or I get back on the wagon and learning moon.

Don't know why it saged. Either way, I'm buying.

Never said that.
YOU said that.
Pokemon was good up until BW2 you double nigger. Quit putting words in my mouth.

VD probably won't do as well since it is Vita exclusive. I'll still pre-order it to support them though.

in order for them to influence the translation industry, it'd require their competition to be rational businessmen.

they aren't rational businessmen. NISA does not have any rational businessmen employees. only zionist marxist shills who will stop at nothing to spread propaganda while simultaneously ruining japan's work and giving the middle finger to free speechers. they're killing three birds with one stone.
besides, NISA and all the other shit tier jewish translators are making good money. they're not gonna give two fucks if PQube brings in the dough. people will still buy NISA's shit games and they always will.

I'd hope so. Have they given a date for VD anyhow? I generally avoid putting an order in for games until a date that's not just [X] Quarter 201X is given. No sense in tying money up too early.

Ultimately I suppose that, for a number of these companies, people that just want regular translation without memes or pop cultural gags, censorship, and minimal liberties taken to ensure understanding just aren't the audience they have in mind anymore. Hell, some of them like Gaijinworks outright state as much.

I'd be a bit curious as to how you feel about Spyro and Crash, in that, yeah, they're games that were aimed at kids, but even adults can appreciate for being solid games on their own.

I hope so too. Hopefully someone's brought it up to PQube by now; I don't have social media so I can't ask myself.

I'm hoping it will do fairly well. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus was also a Vita exclusive (at least when it was first released) and it managed to get around 120k sales in North America. As long as they do enough marketing to let the Senran Kagura audience know it's coming over, it should do well enough.

You and me both. I don't know if we'd get to see the wand sword and booty-pillow shield DLC, but I'd be happy with just the game in english.

True, in fact it's almost guaranteed to not sell as many copies, simply for that fact. While GalGun DP has copies of both flying off the shelves. I wonder if PQube will post numbers the week after it releases.

This is true, unfortunately.

No concrete date yet, just Q4 of 2016 is all we've been given.

I'd be pretty happy to see VD get even close to those kinds of numbers. But you make a good point, they'd have to market it to the Senran Kagura fans more than anything else, since they were created by the same man after all.

…Maybe I should have just gotten MLB The Show 16…

Well, I'll keep it in mind and set some money aside. Maybe I'll get it as a late birthday gift to myself if it comes to it.

Currently trying to set some money aside for ToCSII. I suppose in a way I should be thankful I haven't found much at the local used vidya places worth buying for a while, since I usually don't make a habit of buying that much new, full priced vidya per year.

Was that part of a licensing deal or something that they got it out there, that might hamper the west getting the same? I remember hearing that with, say, Tales of Zesteria, there was a location specific bonus for preordering the game at 7 Eleven that turned healing spells into slurpee graphically, or something.

Yeah, September will be here before we know it, I really need to get a move on and finish Lost Song so I can go back to ToCS.

For the wand and pillow, I'm not sure, usually a licensing deal of that kind has the item brand clearly displayed on whatever the in-game item(s) is, but for the butt-pillow shield and wand there's nothing there that clearly labels it as a certain brand.

i don't like platformers. i owned spyro and banjo as a small child though. i didn't care for spyro but i considered banjo revolutionary as fuck. so i guess if i did play platformers, it'd be banjo.
i think jedi power battles constitutes as a platformer too? though not really relevant to the conversation since it's not so childish. i didn't have a PS1 memory card at the time so never was able to save the game but i played the first four levels obsessively like an autist. its graphics blew my fucking mind.

now this is something i can get behind

why would you do that

cause now i have a gpd xd. or at least i would if it'd come in the fucking mail.

it was a portable 3rd hunter edition PSP, one of the gold and black ones. they look much sexier in the photographs than they do IRL. IRL they look like a dollar store toy and the thumb stick feels like complete shit, way worse than the normal PSP.
i sold it to some dumbass at a $40 profit of what i paid for it.

Just doesn't work for me. Although it doesn't seem like I have other roguelike options, does it?

Shiren 5+ and Curry loli? Maybe Trillion but I'm npt sure how good the roguelike elements are. And ZHP was good though it had a bit to much presistant shit.

I always forget about ZHP. I should actually try that out at some point. I'm putting Shiren on hold until I get a better idea of how it happens to be. Trillion doesn't really seem like it's for me. Sorcery Saga suffers from the same issue while being a worse game.

Well, I appreciate it. It seems like Omega Labyrinth has solid mechanics, but I just do not like those models, man. I muuuuch prefer 2D sprites. When you say "persistent shit," what exactly do you mean?

I don't remember the details but you get stored levels when you die or finish a dungeon which raises your base stats which in turn gives you exponentially greater gains on subsequent level ups, so in a way it rewards grinding.

You also get to keep your gear if you finish a dungeon and you equip stat boosting chips which you keep even if you die.

The only roguelike presistance I like are the bones files in nethack and the similar feature in IVAN.

DOES SHE NOT REALIZE HER FACE ISNT GOOD LOOKING AT ALL
FROM THAT ANGLE IT LOOKS LIKE LITTERAL DOWNS SYNDROME
GOD THAT FUCKING FACE

Oh, and Shiren on super famicom are definitely one of the best console roguelikes I've played so I sure hope 5+ dosn't disappoint, but I haven't played any other fushigi no dungeon game since so I don't know if the developer have lost their touch.

Does anyone know anything about Gundam Extreme Vs? Should I get it? Is there people to play with? Is the Vita version as good as the PS3?

10/10

Like a reverse myspace-angle, but why are you looking at her face?

No. The game does not have online and while the adjustments made to gameplay are interesting on paper, they are frustrating in practice.

How are the XCOM and Risk of Rain ports?

Get Gundam Breaker 3. Although I'm not sure of the performance on vita

XCOM is better then android though not much, Unreal engine dosn't handle very well on the vita. Risk of Rain is a good port.

xcom is broken to unplayable levels. they might have fixed it with a patch but i doubt it and haven't seen anyone say anything good about it.
everything that could go wrong with a port happened to xcom.

i bought risk of rain just last night and got the enforcer character to the final difficulty where there's 60 enemies and projectiles on the screen at once at all times. no frame rate drops whatsoever.
but 60 enemies should not be constantly on the screen with no breaks. it's a ridiculous game. i'm glad it was only ten bucks.

It literally isn't, at least in the case of Kirby.

Thanks guys. So I'll skip XCOM for now and get RoR. Also thinking about Soul Sacrifice Delta, God Eater Resurrection, and maybe Odin Sphere. Any opinions on those?
The original SS was neat but I didn't think it was that great, at least early on.
Is GER just a rerelease of of GEB?
And I never played the original OS.

my package is just two states away! the journey is nearly finally over. fucking fed ex pieces of shit.

Or in some Treasure games like Astro Boy Omega Factor and Bangai-O Spirits case were they added stuff in the English versions.

Bad port of a good game. Still playable, though. Risk of Rain runs well, from what I've heard.

SSD is an improved SS, so if you liked the original, you're going to like SSD even more. GER is a rerelease of Burst with features of GE2. Odin Sphere has a demo.

odin sphere is an 8/10, it gets repetitive though. muramasa rebirth and dragon's crown are objectively better because they don't have nearly as much repetition and recycled bullshit. i'd still say get all three anyway with odin sphere being the last on the priorities.
you don't need to have played the original. but if you're autistic about it, the odin sphere remake actually includes the original in the game. you can play it from the main menu.

avoid all monster hunter clones on the vita, unless you enjoy enemies that stand there doing nothing while you do epic combos. fans of nuDOOM would enjoy those games a lot, they're basically hundreds of hours of finisher animations on umoving targets.

God Bless for all the good info guys. I need some things to fill up the 64 gb memory card

I've had one for 2 years, and it's half full. There's no rush.

same, only the types who buy every game regardless of quality manage to fill up a 64.
they're like steam hoarders, except steam hoarders save way more money and actually have the space for it on their 6 terabyte hard drives.

Get back on the wagon - even if Omega Labyrinth gets translated, there'll always be something you need that will either stay in Japan or face "localization" instead.

no way user i'm totally going to play these
fuck you :

Risk of Rain crashes if you have too much shit on the screen. I think I was at around 140+ barbwires, 10 missiles, four ceremonial daggers, and a Happiest mask and I was farming Toxic Beast for 9999 and it crashed out

How does Octodad play on the Vita? I remember doing the last level of that with a buddy. It was pretty fun.

Step it up, Senpai.

What the shit is that?

Why in the world would a game put that much shit on the screen?

Well it wasn't exactly the game. I was testing to see how many times I could loop through and if I could max my life with a glass commando using commander and well, wouldn't you know, shit started chaining off. 4 piggies every ten seconds with a passive field that completely covered my field of vision damaging enemies. When an enemies died it would spawn a clone to attack other enemies that lasted 15 seconds and fire off 16 ceremonial daggers.

So I got to boar beach and shot a piggy which set off the missiles and sort of created a reaction that cooked off the rest of my abilities.

what's the best vita case?

I was going to criticise this art, then I realised how much I would have to write and decided not to.

Got the rest of my shipment. Superbeat XONIC came in original packaging(!!!), but Lost Dimension did not. At the very least, I guess I can sell Lost Dimension. Generic case doesn't even close. Man…

Time to plan an exchange later this week. Superbeat XONIC has a 1GB patch? Goddamn. So much for saving space.

For anyone playing grand kingdom I found this google doc with some useful information on it:
docs.google.com/document/d/1fZQWNbvt6T71-JhN8B7lgAO9T5MudPdKonNwI2fBlp0/edit#

How IS Grand Kingdom anyway? Is anyone here playing it? Is the translation okay?

dude, isn't grand kingdom an MMO?

it was free on PS4 a couple of months back

Kyoko and Date have fantastic asses

I'd say just hit up your local retailer and see if they have anything. I found a pretty nice case at Target a year or so back.

There's a demo.
So Superbeat XONIC is kicking my ass. I am totally uncoordinated. I decided to look up some DJMAX and came across this. Nope. Fucking nope. I won't be reaching that anytime soon.

There is a SP story.

MMO? I'm talking about pic-related. It's a TRPG, it got a PS4/PSVita release.

I never knew there was a demo, I'll just have to download and see for myself, thanks!

i downloaded it and uninstalled shortly after realizing it was an MMO.

maybe it was another game with a similar game, all i remember is that it was free on ps4s PSN at some point a couple of months back

similar name*

fuck off purple sanae

I'm going to be excited if Sony releases PC-to-VIta remote play. Playing something like Rocket League on the Vita seems pretty damn fun.

One of several new short trailers showing off "Reco Session" gameplay for RecoLove Blue Ocean/Gold Beach.

Sauce: archive.is/NZdjq

I can already see the WebM threads being flooded with RecoLove bits like this.

was supposed to get dungeon travelers 2 today.
Instead they sent me persona dancing all night.

looks like he got a better deal then

Japs never give any love to the booty
Not even a nigger

This won't ever stop being a thing will it? Monster Monpiece has made this a staple. Well, if you want it, you best be ready to import. I cannot see this coming over.

There is little to speak of.

It's pretty horrible.
Normal difficulty is far too easy, and hard difficulty is almost impossible.

I like a lot of things about it, but the core gamplay is fucked by the difficulty on either setting, so I can't recommend it.

Funny, I've heard almost the opposite. Something like it being pretty manageable once you have Champion level Digimon?

I found Hard difficulty to be challenging but doable. You'll need to adapt your team to some bosses and have a strategy, which is good.
… At least until the final boss. It's batshit retarded on Hard.
That's the only time I said fuck it and switched to Normal, which made the fight a complete joke.

The game is pretty good though, I really enjoyed it up until that one part.

How does Superbeat play? I've been on and off about picking it up for a while.

It's excellent. Responsive, pretty, menus and UI look nice, and it's got a variety of songs. I don't know what made you hesitant to pick it up. Granted, you're not going to like all the songs in the game. That's kind of normal for a rhythm game, though. The game is hard. It'll take getting used to. Although, again, that's standard for a rhythm game. The difficulty levels can help with that. They lower/raise the penalty for missing notes.

I recommend starting on 6 Track, because transitioning from 4 Track to 6 track on the first day completely fucks me up. If you're really struggling, though, it's not 4 Track is fine. My muscle memory just sucks.

I've just heard mixed opinions about the game. Sounds like it's similiar to P4DAN, then? I'll definitely have to get it soon, before it REALLY gets hard to find.

thread really slowed up

Am I doing something wrong or is travelling supposed to be eating through my time?
I'm always like "Well I will have to go to that place but it's a fucking week both ways". And it takes 2 fucking weeks just to take the carriage between the city and the village.
Nothing's gone wrong or anything and I seem to be keeping up, but it just feels like I'm wasting loads of time. Also, is it ok to ditch Gino? He's cool and all but I like Tits McGee and the angry chick.

P4DAN + difficulty - those great dancing animations - all that dialogue + higher song variety. You can always go digital.

That user that translated some quest text from the Japanese version of the new Monster Hunter the other night still around? Someone in the Monster Hunter thread (>>10051717) thinks you might have translated the wrong part of the text, claiming that the "git gud" line is post quest acceptance dialogue in the English version. Might be worth trying to translate that part too (he's provided screenshots from the Japanese version as well , which might make things a bit easier than having to replay up to that point).

Guess parenthesis override post linking. for the initial post.

Not that user, but I can translate.

1. When you want to know monster information, open the start menu…
2. and in the Monster Note look at the Monster List.
3. If there is no information yet, you should go try asking the (something) researcher.
4. With that, welcome. Good luck, hunter.

Still not fluent in Japanese, and have no knowledge of Monster Hunter, so my translation is not perfect but that's the gist of it. There's nothing like "git gud" in there.

Whoops, couple of mistakes I made. In 2 it's Hunter Note, not Monster Note, and in 4 rather than a welcome they are seeing you off.

I think that should be it…

I can barely read the kanji at that resolution, especially when they have more strokes. How do you do it? Did you blow it up?

Nah, after a lot of practice it gets easier, when you learn to recognize them from the context as well as the shape.

Google translate can also recognize them on a smartphone.

It sucks at actually translating anything though.

Get out get out get out. Normalfags get out.

I know I just use it for kanji look up in low resolution were it's hard to guess radicals and number of strokes.

dude drop the avatarfaggotry

that face again, god fucking damn it

agree with the other guys, get fucking lost.

(checked)
Of course I meant a Android VM running on Linux.

But my posts look so small without a picture.

Been playing the Grand Kingdom demo, I've been rather enjoying it so far. Nothing with the english text seems off as far as I can tell with this. Then again, Grand Kingdom WAS Spike Chunsoft, so I doubt they let NISA get away with much of anything just like with the Danganronpa games. The english voices are pretty shit though.

The girls in this are cute

Can't say I'm surprised that the "git gud" bit wasn't in there. This just confirms it though, thanks moon-reading user. Capcom a shit.

Ah, thanks. You can see the largely unrelated text they used for that part in the English version at 2:29 in this video. This is what it says:

Not an excuse. Avatarfagging is traditionally looked down upon for anonymous discussion. If you feel a need to post an image (this being an imageboard and all), at the very least post something from a game you're playing.

Does the game have dual audio?

Thanks, linked both posts back to the guys in that thread. Might throw something together for future posting purposes based on that.

Wow they really butchered that translation. I hate how these localizers think it's their job to rewrite the dialog instead of trying to make it as accurate as possible.

Not only did they butcher it, but in doing so they removed all useful and pertinent tutorial-like information.

Just one of those things is already unforgiveable, but both at once should call for resignations and death.

Yeah, I can understand maybe changing the structure slightly to improve flow for English or substituting jokes or figures of speech that don't translate well into other languages, but it really comes of as the translator (or editor; strikes me that the initial translator should be doing their job and that the editor would likely be the one making the changes to the translated script) feeling they can write better than the original writers, leaving various games feeling more like some sort of rewrite than a translation of existing material.

While I'm here may as well make one more slight correction. In 3 rather than telling you to ask the researcher anything it's more like they are telling you to go listen to what he has to say.

Yeah, it's pretty disrespectful to the writers of the source material as well. Localization shouldn't be a bad word; heck the one localization that always gets picked on is Phoenix Wright but that is actually a good example of it done right, since the only things they change is the stuff that won't make sense in English.

Would still be nice if AA didn't have the whole "pretend Japan is America" thing I hear it has (admittedly I still need to play them). "Eat your hamburgers, Apollo" and all, though that's certainly nothing new for them to do.

Looking back, a few old games I've really come to like wound up subject to the whole "replace Japanese food with western ones" thing, but at least with the Wild Arms series, the setting is fantasy-western anyhow, so it didn't seem all that noticeable a change to begin with (I honestly didn't know about it until I actually wound up reading up on it, compared to trying to mask Japanese things in a distinctly Japanese setting. If memory serves, Persona PS1's localization back in the day tried to act like it wasn't set in Japan, right down to blacking one of the characters. I suppose Atlus at least learned the error of that since I don't think any subsequent SMT or Persona localizations (for the games actually set in Japan, anyhow) tried that again.

I agree, provided it's done in a balanced fashion, which I think some companies have forgotten or just plain ignore (and thus NoA, Treehouse, NISA, 8-4, and various others have left an understandably foul taste in people's mouths about the entire process of a game coming west). Rearranging text for English flow and swapping jokes and figures of speech out while leaving everything else intact is one thing, outright rewriting the dialogue, changing the entire tone of the game, inserting political bullshit, or censoring stuff because it makes the translator/editor/company in general squeamish is another.

Here's the problem: pretty much all of the character names contain some pun or double meaning that won't be conveyed unless you adapt them to English, and after changing all of the Japanese names to English it kinda makes it hard to pretend the game takes place in Japan anymore. I honestly don't think they had a choice to make the changes they did.

I've played the games in both English and Japanese, and other than those necessary changes, the translation is spot on. That's why I defend them as a good example of localization, entirely different from the shit NISA and Treehouse do.

So something like the following:
Thinking of tossing together a quick comparison of the images and text in photoshop. That "rather than a welcome they are seeing you off" thing is throwing me off as to what would work best there, whether a simple "good bye" would work best or not (trying to keep it brief as that line isn't a huge amount of text). Google translate returns "bon voyage" for that set of moonrunes, which I think might feel like a bit too much of a liberty taken even if it gets the gist across, being an (I think) french term and all.

I see, so it's more of an "all or nothing" sort of thing, where if they changed names but left the other tells of it being in Japan intact it would feel awkward?

How do they handle the double meanings anyhow, alternate readings of the text or something?

The line is "itterasshai", which if you've seen a lot of anime you might recognize as the line people say to someone leaving the house for school or whatever (in response to "ittekimasu"). Something like "take care" is a good enough translation. I initially misread it as "irasshaimase" which is what a shop owner would say when you come in, which is why I thought it was "welcome" at first

One example is a character named Hoshiidake Aiga, which literally translated means something like "all I want is love". They changed it to Luke Atmey (look at me) to convey a similar "attention whore" meaning.

Alright, "take care" seems like it works well enough.

Meant more along the lines of whether the Japanese names are come off as actual names people could feasibly have out there, in addition to the joke (though it's not as if games haven't had characters with names that aren't actual names before; fucking Lightning).

Yeah they could be real names, though I doubt anyone would name their kids most of the silly names they use in the series.

Eh there is a bit of meme forcing that I could do without, but mostly it's pretty well done.

Was the "Japanese Ace Attorney names are puns" thing something you'd already known in advance, or something where the secondary meanings come naturally in learning the language?

If you can't figure that out based solely on the example name he provided, then you can't learn Japanese.

This seem good?

I know, I'm just asking if they struck him as names first and pun second, provided they're mentioned in the actual dialogue (I would always assume it would be a name or at least description of the speaker if it's in a name block above the dialogue text). I mean, I know out there, names can be broken down into the kanji or words comprising them, while out here in English, I'm not sure how much attention people directly pay to what someone's name actually means and just see it as a name and perhaps indicator of nationality.

what's funny here is that last bit, where she says to "know the monster inside out….study it's attacks and patterns" but THAT'S WHAT GITGUD FUCKING MEANS from my understanding anyway

Not only are they throwing shit at MonHun fans in general, but then going right back around and contradicting themselves? This is utter lunacy

polite sage for off-topic

If you want this to shill on twitter you should make it vertical and text larger and clearer

HIGH IMPACT SEXUAL VIOLENCE!!

I can whip up a second version with it vertically. Give me a little bit to do so.

On that note, would it work better to have both the Japanese and English in their own single image columns side by side, or leave them in their own blocks like they are there?

side by side is good

Not quite. What the official English text is saying is to leave studying the monster's innards to the researchers, while the player should just study how they behave in combat. Which still misses the fucking point, since apparently in the Japanese script it encourages the player to speak with the researchers for advice or findings (I assume; I haven't played Monster Hunter) they may not know of yet, while in the localized text it seems like she's dismissing what the researchers have to say as being less important for the player than learning a monster's abilities and attack patterns in the field, which strikes me as some bad advice to give new players if what the researchers have to say is important. There's also no mention of checking the notes section in the menu for the localized dialogue she's giving the player

Also, reminds me that I seem to need to fix a few things with before working on a vertical one.

It doesn't simply say "see what researchers have to say"
It says "try going to listen to the main researcher-san at ryuurekiin"
v-tte miru = try v-ing or try and v

ryuurekiin = a made up term consisting of the kanji for dragon, the kanji for history, and the kanji for institution.

がんばって = means something like do your best or hang in there, not "good luck".

Yes. Time management is especially essential in the Arland trilogy. Keep in mind however that you are intended to play through multiple times; stuff carries over between playthroughs and there are something like 15 endings, some of which are near impossible to get on a first playthrough.

I've been going off of what mentioned for them, feel free to correct things if you know better how they should be. I'll fix those on the image.

Does that include pics related?

Also, is there a particular ingame term for [ryuurekiin] that (in a proper translation) should be substituted for that that English players would recognize it as? I'm assuming it might be some sort of laboratory or school, but I'd want to be sure of what that term should actually be sure. I also assume that if that's meant as a direct location name that having that specific name in the text would be better than a generic.

what does it mean when someone in my friendlist has a red x next to their profile picture?

Nevermind, checked the wiki and it seem like "Wycademy" is the established English name for ryuurekiin, though I suppose it might go by a different name in Generations (I suppose it depends of how recurrent an element it is). Using that for the time being.

Anyhow, made some corrections and a vertical version. Let me know if anything else needs to be fixed up with it (the translation for the second one seems a bit short compared to the moonrunes, but maybe that's just me; again, going off of what was mentioned as a translation for it earlier).

manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/friends/profile.html
Means they're offline.

Thread's going to have hit bump limit with this post.

Thanks.

new thread

That is a huge part of what "git gud" means. These people don't even know what they're complaining about in the first place.