archive.is/PYJCI

I guess nothing good can last.

Glad I dropped this game

To think I was going to buy it.

IT
JUST
KEEPS
HAPPENING

at what point are developers going to realize that only Valve has the gall and retarded fanbase to get away with it?

It will get worse, user, i assure you.
I bet they will get a Steam Workshop so the "community" can make custom car skins/effects/etc for the next set of crates. (((Psyonix))) will get a cut of the profits, of course.
They say they will not be able to sell skins on the Steam marketplace, but i doubt it will last.
Valve with it's massive kikery started the age of crates with TF2, Dota and CS:GOY. Other devs noticed it sells, so they WILL find a way to incorporate it in their games.

Glad I didn't buy it in the end.

The game was fun but made me realize that no team-based online game will ever be fun if you have no friends.

“Those assets are, indeed, early pieces of an upcoming system we plan on implementing to fund our esports prize pools and events,” Psyonix VP Jeremy Dunham wrote. “We plan on officially announcing it next month at (or near) the RLCS Live Finals since it directly relates to that event and other events like it, but since this image came out before our official word, we wanted to clarify some things for you.”

Those things:

Crates will contain cosmetic content only. We have a strict "Don't Sell Advantage" policy for Rocket League, and we're sticking with that.
There will be no Steam Marketplace integration with crates. We are definitely aware of the problems related to third-party gambling in other games and we are not interested in taking that approach.
Players who don't want to interact with this system can hide it entirely with a single checkbox. Also of note, this won't affect or impact our current item-drop system in any way.

So it's gonna be another CS:GO then. Remember how that created an entire gambling ring from all the autist willing to pay asstons of money for skins?

They want get that sweet effortless money out of Valve's market scheme, as if they could cheat it or use it to get loads of money of inconsequentially. But forgets that the House always wins.
Overkill realized this wasnt worth bleeding out players and potential DLC sales.
Tripjew is another issue, motherfuckers burned a big chunk of KF2's budget+money from early access sales on RS2, KF:VR and a cruise trip. While saying that the crate system was needed to fund the development, because the budget+money from early access sales wasnt enough to finish the game.

Kinda funny how there was no issues at first for being cosmetics, despite getting featured in a pay to play game.
There was some crazy shit going on with TF2 with overpriced hats were Valve managed to shit the blame in time, at least TF2 was already F2P.

All of those games you mention still have an audience that is willing to defend it forever, it may not be as large as the TF2 audience but they have effectively "gotten away with it".

y-yeah?

except for Payday 2, which is weird considering how much dicksucking the fanbase is known for.

At least I have already made my dream car. Kraken paint, blue and ocean yellowish green with a unique texture. Shoots out water as booster fuel and has a shark fin on top.

I was planning to but I forgot the Steam sales ended on the 4th. Dodged a bullet, I guess.

Keep in mind that the weapons in the PD2 crates had amazing stats that made the game pay-to-win.

Is it going to be free2play too?

Whatever happened to simply buying cosmetic shit upfront? Now you have to pay for the chance of getting cosmetics.

How long until you have to pay for the chance to unlock the chance to unlock the chance to unlock the chance to unlock the chance to unlock cosmetics?

it's more fun this way.

Fuck me, I never thought about it like this.

Whatever happened to actually having the cosmetic shit available to you since you've already bought the fucking game?

What about them?

Give it a few years and it will happen if it keeps getting popular.

Whatever happened to unlocking cosmetics by doing challenges in the game?

I just want a team-orientated game.

Is that so bad?

Fuck me

That's still in the game.
It's just new skins that will be behind a chance box.

playing a Unreal engine 3 game

BUT DON'T YOU KNOW, THERES NO CHANCE, YOU ALWAYS WIN, EXCEPT THERE's A VERY HIGH CHANCE YOU LOSE MONEY, BUT THAT'S NOT GAMBLING, HAHAHA

so whats the problem here?