The struggle

>It has been this way for 3 years

I have just scrapped up enough with a pity donation from a family member to bring my budget to £300.
What is a setup I could build that could get me decent enough performance on Linux without going full, Polandbro with a computer in a shoebox?

I just want to play vidya again.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/dp/B016355V3G/ref=psdc_428651031_t3_B0112R124W
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seemingly, compared to buying parts like I normally would, it would be more cost-effective to buy a prebuilt like the following:
amazon.co.uk/dp/B016355V3G/ref=psdc_428651031_t3_B0112R124W

The 7650K seems good with its integrated graphics and I assume it could run Thief, Warband, and most Source games.

The only question being is "Would it shit the bed when using Linux"?

300 bong dollars for THAT?
Where is the scam?

feels good son, you should get a job

stay cucked

you're thinking about it wrong, it's about working for yourself, in the end what benefits you is for the best, that kind of thinking you're taking part in is why black america is so obviously fucked to everyone not involved in it

well that was the stupidest fucking thing I've heard today.

As for OP, building a PC is cheaper than buying one. The only thing you want to buy for quality games is a nice GPU and PSU, everything else can be cheap as dirt and still make a good setup.
And pirate windows 7.

Should fix that laptop. I had something way weaker run gw1 at 20fps. That temp seems normal. At least it isn't 100C.

son please

You're telling me that you havent been able to find a job for 3 years? Not even a job, maybe someone you know paying you a few britishcash things for some days of work?
Stop being a lazyfuck

I play on a laptop with an 860m and I get by just fine. If aliasing doesn't bother you you'll be much happier with games

I dunno man, not having to worry about money is pretty fly.

It doesn't have an OS, but I'm going to use Mint Linux anyway.

The best I can play is DOOM, and even DOOM has slowdown.

Where do you think we are? Lazy, autistic, social outcast perma-virgins are the people of imageboards.

He had to accept a "pity donation" from a "family member", and only managed to get 300 merkelbux in three entire fucking years. Unless you're a self made millionaire, calling people "wageslaves" just makes you sound like a whiney little pussy making excuses; and all the respectable rich people started out by working with their hands anyway, the rest just sucked all the right cocks or were born into it. Stop making excuses for being a greasy little jizz stain in your families photo album.

All of this assuming OP is a neet and not a legitimate poorfag, giving rimjobs behind Dennys in exchange for scratch and sniff lotto tickets and a soul shattering depression that can only be subdued by such classics as "Baldur's Gate 2, Stronghold, Deus Ex, Thief, Quake, and Counter Strike". If so, my condolences you filthy whore.

a/s/l?

The only thing preventing you from getting the shittiest of jobs is laziness. I am all of those and I got 250 euros cleaning portable toilets for 3 days

Buy a PS3/Xbox. Dirt cheap used games.

this actually seems pretty good

OP I'll give you 200 dollars if you build it.

your laptop has something wrong with it, half of those games can run on a 100mhz processor.

I would guess thermal throttleing,learn how to take apart your laptop so you can clean it and put new thermal paste.

Jobs aren't good where I am at the moment. Pretty much all nurses and care for the elderly.

OP, get a 750 ti and a X4 845, 4GB of RAM and you're set. Also lmao @wage slaves in this thread, you can't even mention them without the thread getting flocked by them doing damage control with their mental gymnastics. Worse than vappers and vegans.

I've built a PC out of parts I found at the local dump/thrift store.
Core i5 3,2 GHz
4GB of RAM
500 GB HDD
Geforce GT 220 (1GB of graph memory)
Integrated sound card with a bunch of ports
DVD optical drive

The front of the case was torn away and I couldn't find it, so I have to turn it on with a screwdriver; it also had an HDD, but I had to replace it with one of my own (the original had documents and pictures of the guy's grandkids, I didn't have the heart to format it; called him up and returned it), which meant installing Win7 from scratch…

The combined cost of the parts and my friends giving me their old monitor and keyboard came to… 5 bucks

Will a 750 Ti and X4 845 run ok under Linux?

Yes, flawless. But the 750 is three generations behind the times.

If I can run Warband and Source games well without crashing or major slowdown, it would be grand.

It also seems to fit well into my budget, with the card and processor coming to £163, giving me quite a lot to play around with.

It will actually run Witcher 3 on Medium in 1080p at 50fps!

Any suggestion for a motherboard, I am shit at choosing them.

I would call BS, but with Nvidia BS, I wouldn't be surprised.