Risk of Rain General

Anything and everything about perhaps an underrated vidya

Other urls found in this thread:

hopooo.tumblr.com/post/145931796444/whatever-happened-to-that-lichnecromancer-game
steamcommunity.com/id/CapnFalcon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chief, love me the cleavers.
The mushroom men
Magma worm
Final level, first time going in, and hearing the music go, shit was cash.
Laser turbine

It took me about one try with commando, i learned the immunity frames quick.

HAN-D and Commando, love the Captain Falcon-esque brute force of the robot and the agility of the commando, never grew into the other ones
Lemurians or the Giants, not sure
Vagrant (easy as fuck and with a nice item to boot) or the Golem
Last one, definately those 4 months of getting splattered were over
Tesla Coil

HAN-D
Wisps
Colossus
Ancient Valley
Frost Relic
15 hours or so

Commando
Spiders
Ancient Wisp
Starting level
Anything with on-hit effects
No clue

Han-D
Jellies with spite on
Providence for dat lore
Temple of the Elders
Alien Head/Wicked ring with lensmakers glasses

I finished it prettyfast, only a few runs in once I figured out how stuff worked in general and got gud

Reminder that Hopoo said it's likely they'll return to finish that Necromancer game

When was the latest update to this game? I wonder if the memory leak has been fixed yet.

Engineer

I really don't know

Magma worm

The second to last one

Rusty knife for that nice DOT, or missile pod.

I dunno, a few days maybe.

So, what exactly is this game's "deep lore"? Seemed about as deep as a puddle when I played it.

Flavor text for the items, monster logs and other shit like the items themselves.

I've recently but this game so have just unlocked 2 character, commando and the cop
Commando
None
Giant
Third one
Leeches
Still have to.

Enforcer
Spitter
Toxic Beast
Ancient Valley
Soldier's Syringe
after maybe 15 tries, I'm not very good at video games

Sniper
Gup/Geep/Gip (splitting slimes)
Collusus. I like one-shotting it, plus it has a good item drop if those are enabled
Risk of Rain for that music
Ceremonial Dagger
Not more than a few days for my first clear on rainstorm, before artifacts were even a thing or at least before I knew about them. I also remember that when I reinstalled the game I cleared it on like my 3rd attempt, the first time I got past stage 2, and unlocked nearly every character in the process.

I should have posted the music

Depends on the playstye. For ranged, definitely Bandito. Something so fun about mindlessly firing your weapon. When it comes to melee, it's a much harder choice. Either HAN-D or the Miner. Both are pretty fun.
Probably the Children and Parents. Something about their bio and the way they look and move is so unique.
The Cremator. I don't really see him enough, he's great fun to fight against and his design is amazing. I would say Providence, but I'm sure that was absolutely everyone is thinking.
If you're telling me you didn't get fucking shivers travelling through Risk of Rain, piecing together what's happened in the story chunk by chunk, you're a fucking liar.
Crowbars. That or the Hopoo Feather, because without it I wouldn't have found out about Tor's head being hidden on the top of the last stage.

Okay I see it's still not fixed.
No point in continuing at that point. I know from experience that if I kept going to the final level, the game would eventually grind to a halt and crash before I could finish it.

You say that but after 10 tries I've only managed to get to the 3rd world and unlock 1 guy

I'm fucking pissed because none of my friends will play it with me. Playing this multiplayer would be fun as hell.
Bandit, if only because I like him more than Commando and Enforcer. I'm pretty bad at the game.

Loader. Really underrated imo, probably the easiest melee class to play for his mobility and crowd control. Not as OP as mercenary with wicked rings, but still.
Spitter.
Magma Worm is fun to fight.
Providence was a huge weight off ky shoulders though.
Tie between Sky Meadow and Risk of Rain.
Chansonne d'Autommne and Coalescence are awesome tracks.
Brilliant Behemoth/Frost Relic/Dio's Friend
12 hours I think?

Sequel when?

Super fighting robot
MEGA HAN-D
Maybe also Sigorney Weaver
Providence
Providence
Risk of Rain
ZA WARDO
Like, 100% or once through?
The latter is day one

YES
YESS

Best OST

wew what a day

At any rate, any of you might be interested in an mp game at about 8-9 pm est? Never played it mp

Mercenary, revengeance all the time
Elder Lemurian
Overloading Magma Worm
Ancient Valley
Toxic Worm

Once I started playing consistently it took me like a week and a half from near blank on everything to 100% it. First character I beat it with was the bandit because that long invis is great

Bandit, because gotta spam fast
Spitter, dodging their shots is fun
Overloading Magma Worm, shit my pants the first time I saw one
Ancient Valley, it just seems so much bigger than the other maps
Barbed Wire, because it stacks.
Finish?

Enforcer
The Wisps, I love the way they look
Probably the magma worm
The second stage, either map
Either the Spike Strip or the Plasma Chain

holy shit, really?

The Enforcer, I think
Wisps, I love the clink of the mask falling to the ground
None
The Frozen Wastes
Piggy Bank
I had pirated originally, and beat it in about a month with one of the characters already unlocked. I bought it recently dirt cheap and am starting again. Let me start off with saying, fuck the Commando. A run and gun style class that cannot run and gun at the same time. Fucking christ. I don't play this style of character well as is, so fuck me it's gonna take a while to beat the game/unlock more characters with this dickhead.

YES
YES

Huntress is easy mode. I need to play the other characters more.

Everyone and their mother has played this shit, none of you are special

Mercenary
Imp
Magma Worm
Boar Beach
Tough Times
Everything in less than 25 hours.

Bandit.

Lemurians. They look like Batman's sprite from the Sunsoft NES game.

Scavenger. He is to Risk of Rain as Van Pelt is to Jumanji.

Frozen Tundra

Drone Repair Kit

A while.

Turn the graphics quality to low, stop using the electric field in multiplayer

Yeah buddy
hopooo.tumblr.com/post/145931796444/whatever-happened-to-that-lichnecromancer-game
They already explained the functional controls and gameplay in a previous post, and still talking about it, so it's not likely to just be given up on considering how much has already been put into it

Newsflash: Holla Forums doesn't represent the entire industry.

bump

How good is deadbolt? considering getting it

It's what people say. Hotline Miami mixed with that one sidescroller stealth game. Fun if you like those sort of challenges where dying once restarts the level and you can improve your score. Definitely worth a Pirate. Would recommend a buy if it's around $10.

I wish I had discovered this game sooner. It's so fucking amazing but so hard to find people to play co-op.

I beat level one before getting my ass kicked hard , tried to run and ended up just being cornered

aye ill sign up for a co op game just tell me when

steamcommunity.com/id/CapnFalcon

capnfalcon
My nigga

Is Hopoo ever gonna make a game where the sprites are bigger than my micropenis?

Is the online of this game good? I like the game and now I want to play with someone

never played it, but am gonna play it later with another dude from this same thread, hop in and join us

Engineer, because I'm a lazy scrub

Probably the flying jelly fish. I just love how they glide through the air, wish something like that actually existed.

Providence, easily.

Risk of Rain

AtG Missile Mk 2, I stack them whenever possible with tons of attack speed and just dispense hundreds of missiles a minute

I think I played for like a week straight and finally managed to beat the fucking thing.

Now it's been mentioned, who's hosting? There's got to be at least one game.

well the guy im gonna be playing is playing rocket league, hell tell me when hes ready for risk of rain, its isp based so if anything ill host and post it here

Nice, c'ya in a bit then.

beat it the first time a while ago on monsoon difficulty, took me 20 - 25 hours maybe a bit less

If you do start a game I can also join in

yee i want to join too, never played co op

Is that game becoming the new go-to vocabulary filler for describing things after Dark Souls? The only resemblance I see is that the main character's face looks like Rasmus. It's more like Mark of the Ninja meets World of Darkness.

I think its hotseat so yall can enter and leave whenever

If no one hosts after a while, I'll try it. Co Op is pretty fun, at least until funballs kill your fps.

or someone gets the laughing mask.

Hosting now

"error: failed to conect"

serious? alright i rehosted, try again

Did you forward the port?

nope, it always says the same, i had tried to play co op before but it never worked actually

I tried joining and it just made the program freeze on me.

shit, can anyone else host then?

Werkin on it

I can't, my dad changed the password on the router then forgot he did it.

muh fugging cracka

If it fails to connect it does freeze for like a minute or so.

and i havent played since

Host
W H E N
H
E
N

well apparently the multiplayer is fucked up, since no one can enter anyone's game

I'm trying to play as the enforcer, and as you know he's a pretty slow mover. And so the difficulty gets high very fast. It reached the final difficulty at only my fourth teleportation.
And I don't see how it's supposed to be fair or fun at the last two difficulties. I survived for like an hour just shielded up in a corner, and they enemies never stopped coming.
Am I supposed to believe that lots of enemies = deep gameplay? Tons of developers lately misinterpret challenge as throwing tons of enemies at you.

Shit, really? Since when?
Haven't played in about a month and I'm really itchin to right now.

well i hosted one like half an hour ago and everyone got error messages or ctd's

git gud

Did you forward the port? Because if you didn't forward the port it isn't happening.

yeah to a friend through steam and he couldnt join either

i was good enough to survive an hour of the last difficulty underleveled.
i don't want to get good if this is what the whole game is like.

No I mean did you go into your router settings and forward the port?

ok you lost me there, you actually have to do that? shit

Yes, you daft fucker.

wew lad

i dont really understand how you can get to HAHAHAHA difficulty just on stage 4, where you playing monsoon? if not i takes over 40 minutes, you just need to git gud

well call me what you want cause i have no idea how to do that, erm, can anyone host then?

but i'm saying i'd rather not see the final stages if they're just going to be spawning sixty enemies per minute. that's shit gameplay.

I got it on my first try with HAN-D
The only times the game would lag like hell were when I would use the key on dozens of guests spawned with chaps Brook and having max stack of fireworks.
The game would drop to like 2fps but never crash.

more time you take the more enemies will spawn and less items you will have, you always have to go for teleporter as fast as you can and then clear the map and buy all the chests you can, dont lose time farming before getting to the teleporter

i didnt die i got trapped in a wall

Did you read his whole post?

There's your problem, friend.
You have to keep moving and keep gaining strength or get run over.
The shield should only be used opportunistically and/or after activating the teleporter, the enforcer should be staying on the move and firing into groups.

fuck off

Why so defensive?

kill yourself

Baby backed himself into a corner, screaming and throwing his shit at the concerned parent.

I love you, user.

wew rip thread, what happened to the host

I won a copy in a giveaway a while back and thought Risk of Rain was a co-op exclusive game until trying it today for the first time.
Is this game worth getting into or is it just a timesink that'll distract me from playing better vidya?

worth every second

It is actually quite fun. Been meaning to pick it up again for ages.

I really enjoy it, it's my most played Steam game at just under 70 hours.

That being said, this is a Risk of Rain thread, so I doubt anyone is gonna say otherwise.

It's no waste of time if you got it free. Solo can be easier or harder depending on whether your friends in co op know what they're doing, since items have to be divvied up.

H O S T ? ? ?
O
S
T
?
?
?

bumping for hosting….
who wanna join?

Enforcer, but I suck ass with him. Have never even gotten close to a win. Second favorite is engineer, his attacks are filled with variety and good times. I fuck up everything with mines.
Sniper would be my favorite, if I could get past world 2 with him. I'm useless against lots of enemies with him.

I can definitely see why HAN-D is so popular, too. He's devastating when you have overclock activated. Super satisfying.
babby imps, they're adorable.
Toxic pig, 'cause his sprite and pig squeal is cool.
Risk of Rain.
Back-up.
One day, using Bandit. Bandit is OP for being unlocked so early.

bump

HAN-D
Guy is just plain the best. Punches shit and don't give a fuck about nothin' but syringe.

I hate most enemies that ain't melee only, given the whole 'no ranged attack' HAN-D lot. My favorites are those little lizard fellows at the first level. They're adorable, and don't piss me off, while being somewhat decently difficult.

Favorite boss is going to be the worm. It's what kills me most, but I don't care, is fun.

Favorite stage is probably either going to be the last one, or the first. Ship's all good, feels properly difficult, and looks slick.

Item has got to be captain's wheel. Glorious chests on demand is very helpful.

"Finish" in what context? IT took me a handful of tries but I was pretty quick with Commando. Guy's tough, and once you get on-hit shit, you are practically invincible.

I made this a while back. Tragically, most his bits are now broke. Both legs, along with the antenna. Such is life.

Well, I loved deadbolt, don't mind more skeltals.

Enforcer
None of the enemies seem to be uniquely entertaining in any way. Can definitely name some ones I HATE though.
Magma Worm
The last one in the loop, it's like a big temple, I don't remember its name.
Leech Seed
Long time, but no where near 4 months, and I only play Vanilla, and never on Drizzle.

Enforcer is like the only character I "get". To me, he seems like the only character actually built for this game.

So what I do is:
Go into shield mode and kite backwards, while using shield bash and stun grenades to gain more distance, pausing in my constant fire when I need to take an extra step back to move an attack into my shield.

Sometimes missiles and overloading enemies can fuck this up, snd of course you will come to a wall or ledge. So I do this:
Reposition.

The class just seems easy to me, All I do is walk backwards while firing everything continually.
I can't begin to get a grasp on anyone else but Loader. They just feel totally unequipped to handle giant mobs.

Miner, bouncing around meleeing shit is great
Giant lemurian
Golem all the way
RISK OF RAIN
mining drill, especially when running commando
I had played the demo quite a bit so it only took one run as commando to pull it off

Wow, I totally didn't read your post.
You are supposed to run away from enemies until you find the teleporter. Then they will stop spawning when the timer finishes and you go to the next level.
Don't stay in one spot trying to kill them all.
You played Toe-Jam and Earl? You gotta find the elevator.

I thought you were someone experienced having trouble woth enforcer (a lot of people do).

I'm pretty sure I had something like 8000-9000 HP by the time I hit Providence. Was also the first time I actually finished it the game.

i got a lot better at the game since i wrote that and no longer have much of a problem with the difficulty increasing too fast, but i'm still super shit with enforcer anyway.
this is my most recent post

what is the empty locker in the character selection for? is there going to be a DLC character or something
it hurts my autism