Yu-Gi-Oh

Why isn't there a YuGiOh game out right now like Harthstone or all those other new card games coming out? We're at that point where we can have real duel arenas, wouldn't it be kinda cool? I never played Harthstone and it looks similar, is it?

konami could swim in shekels if they made a free to play yugioh game in all platforms and sell boosters to get more cards.

So Konami owns YuGiOh game rights?

Well they created it

It's called Duel Monsters you stupid faggot.

What's the difference

There's a shitty facebook game called Yu-Gi-Oh! BAM! That's mostly like Hearthstone, which is pretty much a glorified facebook game.

I heard someone's working in a Yu-Gi-Oh! with Google Glasses, but I can't find the news.

The manga came first, which is Yu-Gi-Oh!, then Konami adapted the cards to an actual game which is called Duel Monsters.

Yu-Gi-Oh! the card game is based off the card game Duel Monsters which is created by the character Pegasus in the manga series Yu-Gi-Oh! which was written by Kazuki Takahashi. The name "Yu-Gi-Oh" means King of Games which refers to the specific character named Yugi who is the main protagonist of the series. The game itself is Duel Monsters. Though the rules for the card game used in the real world are a lot shittier than the rules for the game in the series.

I keep hearing this from fucking plebs. Konami tried to adapt Duel Monster in the same way it worked in the manga, the result was Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories. Even when I had good times with the game, the rules weren't nearly as polished and it was more about who had the card with more Attack than anything else.

Duel Monsters evolved since them. Although I won't deny that with every new edition it gets shittier since the old cards get useless.

What does it feel like to have terminal autism

Reminder that there are people RIGHT NOW that are giving Konami money for card games on motorcycles.
Reminder that, despite all of the shit that Konami has pulled, they'll still happily fork over their shekels for fucking cards.
Reminder that, despite how far down the drain YGO has gotten, people will still happily fork over their shekels for fucking cards.
Reminder that they're here, on Holla Forums, posting amongst us.
Reminder that Konami is actively getting money from these people and using it for Goemon, Metal Gear, and Silent Hill pachinko machines, amongst other things.

let it go user

Kojima is great, but he wasted a lot of money, was a perfectionist, and is probably a drama queen. Konami was tired of his shit.

Konami is shit, but YGO is still enjoyable.
There are things like YGO Pro and you can pirate most YGO games. There's nothing you can do about the actual cards, tho.

It's common knowledge, faggot.

fresh wounds are always the most painful

Wait, they shot down YGO pro?

Anyone who still cares about any CCG is retarded beyond the point of being saved.

Fucking terrific.

The version initially described in the series was a lot more interesting than you describe. The original idea was that you had a mat of some sort with different types of terrains that would empower the monsters you put in place there. So if you have a "Chimera" card, you would set it on a "Mountain" so it would gain bonuses.

The major focus was on monsters and composite effects. For instance, there was the one girl who would use Hecate monsters. Summoning all three together would create a very powerful adversary, but one with specific weaknesses nevertheless.

The main focus was on monsters. Spell cards were a very rare thing that could turn the tide of the battle. Trap cards were the same. The idea was to have monsters dueling, which meant spells and traps were a secondary thing to make it more interesting. But you still needed those monsters.

Yeah, it changed with literally every fucking chapter, because so what? At least there were a lot of ideas. Instead, the game is a constant power creep. If you want to be competitive, you have to work with very specific meta aspects. There is virtually nothing in the way of real strategy outside of the first round. The idea of a game carrying on for twenty rounds was amazing.

I'll tell you this: The most interesting duel I ever had was a tag-team duel. We were going at it for hours straight, pulling out counters, reversals, and monsters of various types in reaction. The game ended literally one round away from a deck out some forty rounds in. And that is exactly how the game is supposed to be played.

Instead you go to tournaments and everyone just flips cards on the table, seeing if they get their instant win condition on round one or round two. They never read card effects or anything. They just say the card name and throw it in the graveyard. They're not there to play the game, they're there to win.

Yet somehow "Change of Heart" is more broken than the bullshit chains these people pull off. It's unbelievable.

he was probably likewise sick of konamis shit. he most likely had interest in many orher projects but metal gear is all they realyy let him do for years. then he said fuck it went too far with mgsv and got himself an out from the company.

I know how you feel. Instead, everyone have min-max decks and premade stuff. But that's a problem for all games, including video games. Take a look at ASSFAGGOTS and Smash Bros.

because YGOpro/devpro exist

YGOpro is nothing like Hearthstone or even CCG.
See, as I see it, and this also goes for The fun in CCGs is in collecting cards and use what you have to make a functional deck.
YGOpro already gives you all cards, and that's not fun at all. It's fun to fuck around a little and make decks, but that's because you choose that Deck, not because you had the need to use those cards since you don't have more or better.

It's the same as buying a premade deck and call it a day.

Well ASSFAGGOTS are pretty much shitty by design. And Smash Bros is poorly balanced by design, hence the tiers and so on.

Thankfully Melty Blood doesn't have that problem. But then again, I suppose that's what differentiates a real fighting game from casual trash.

/agdg/ here

My current project is a shitty clone of YGO/Chess/Warmachines

I have 0 projects to my name and expect this to be no different

It's a shame they never made a sequel to the Yu-Gi-Oh series.

Such a shame.

Yugioh is apparently a shitty clusterfuck now so I wouldn't want it unless it's only the cards and set pieces up to GX

If you don't make a card game happen I will personally smack your shit until you finish something

i would buy cards from hitler.

That is why i only play with my brother.

Spoken like a true scrub. If you only ever saw duels last 1-2 turns, that's because nobody in your play group was on even skill levels. People don't read card effects because they have enough practice time to know the basics of every card that's commonly used.

It's like unlocking all the content of a game from the begging user. It's shit, there isn't any sense of progression, you aren't forced to try new thing and being rewarded for it, etc.

(Waste)
The skill cap is always as high as the new gimmick they come with such as Xyz or Synchro, that render useless the previous gimmick before it, and then there's the terrible bans.

I won't deny that you can have a good game with people that want to have fun, but then there are the torney fags that min-max their decks, meaning that they either win at the first few turns or are completely lost on what to do next. As the other user said, they play to win, why would they use a fun deck when they can win fast?

Kinda.
You can't download it trhough the offical site, but the servers re still running and updates are still coming.
You just have to find a mirror for it.

And it wasn't Jewnami themselves, but one of those involved in making the anime. Might be that they acted on Jewnamis behalf, but I doubt we'll ever really know that.

The fun comes in when you build a deck, and then get destroyed by another player, then build a better deck from your experiences.
Once you git gud, you can build crazy shit that would have taken years of grinding in a game where you have to unlock every single fucking card one booster pack at a time.

You tell them, Goldstein.

>most massive roster yet only lacks pichu and iceclimbers, all other launch missing characters are dlc

Little mac is the only good thing to come out of this game for me.

That and Zelda, Shiek, Samus, and ZSS being separate characters.

The problem with this is that Konami's Yugioh team doesn't understand progression or card design. They always start you off with a worthless piece of shit full of 1500 ATK Normal Monsters, and the card pool has thousands of cards that are completely worthless even at a casual level. Even the best cards typically have favourable interactions with maybe a dozen other cards in the pool of 1000s. IMO, Yugioh is too poorly designed to have a progression system like Hearthstone.

This statement shows a lack of understanding of how Yugioh is played at a high level. Xyz Monsters did not make Synchro Monsters useless, and Fusion Monsters were useless way before Synchro Monsters were a thing. Pendulum Summoning was absolute garbage until Qliphort came along with every monster in the deck having 4 effects. In formats with really high power gaps between competitive and casual decks, skilled duelists always beat people who just buy whatever has the best tournament results.

This is the epitome of scrub mentality. If you want to relive your nostalgia or enjoy the feeling of creativity then that's fine, but how can you possibly get mad at people who want to win in a versus game?

Shueisha has a reputation for being very stingy with Yu-Gi-Oh!'s copyright. Allegedly, the reason that Shooting Quasar Dragon and Giant Hand were unavailable for so long in Europe, South America, etc. was that Shueisha owned the copyright for those specific monsters and wouldn't let Konami print copies in those regions.