Parallel universes in paper mario 64

Discuss

this is a really common thing in games I've noticed. I wonder what it has to do with, because it's rarely ever that the game actually has the data mapped out. Maybe has to do with an interger overflow which recycles some data at a certain point. In this case it appears to be props with interactive qualities are maintained in both graphics and in their interactivity. but since it's reading the data from that same save point or chest, it will act as the the save point or chest you would see in normal play. SM64 recycles data too as we have seen in that meme video, but only collision data is recycled and not even all of it as the wall property is absent.

watch the original Parallel universe video. I think pann says coordinates get modulo'd to the game areas to test for collision.

got a link?

Can they stop calling this "parallel universes" and call it what it actually is, collision map forcible wrap around.

Fucking faggot nerds.

got ya cover'd

HALF A SPEED RUN IS STILL A SPEED RUN, YOU CAN'T SAY IT'S ONLY A HALF

From what he's saying it sounds more like some sort of Z coordinate overflow than a "parallel universe".

No, because between the two which is easier to say?
or

cumfwass sounds funny however

You have plenty of time to call it whatever you want in the 96 hours it takes you to get it.

Sort of, but instead of just the Z-coordinate, mario's entire position vector is being converted from float values to integer short values which can involve overflow/wrapping around.

"Wraps"
There I saved you a few precious syllables you fucking grape face.

Who cares? fuckin losers

fucking dropped

not all autism is created equal

LMAO, how about go out and get laid, kiddo?

ifunny tier post

You should society a favor and castrate yourself

Oh Henry!

I fucking hate summer holy shit

thats fucking nothing

How about you stop shilling this stupid chanel that's trying to cotail ride the Pannenkoek shit?

At least Pann goes into depth about Super Mario 64's engine and explains why shit happens at a technical level. All this other guy is doing is talking about talking about simple shit and making it seem more complex with baby math.

quoting pannenkoek is not a meme

also Pokemon is better for full on arbitrary code execution.