password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxdex
3dsiso.com/3ds-tips-and-tutorials/275374-tutorial-transferring-save-regions-ex-jp-usa.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RAq5B7iWWX8
ebay.com/itm/152156788365?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
gbatemp.net/threads/mhx-to-mhgen-conversion-tool.433891/
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHGen:_Village_Key_Quests
gbatemp.net/threads/mhx-to-mhgen-conversion-tool.433891/page-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I asked about how to cut tails with the bowgun in the last thread. I still cant do it. I'll shoot the royal ludroths tail until its almost limping and then i use slicing shots and the tail still doesn't come off. Any help?

Shooting the tail with non-slicing damage does not contribute in any way, shape, or form to cutting the tail off. Bowguns and slicing shot are garbage. You're better off switching to a blade or spending 15 minutes tossing boomerangs like a cock.

In the last thread two people said something about having to lower the tails health and then if the last shot has slicing damage the tail will come off.

>gf preordered MhGen from gaystop as my anniversary gift
>tfw no internet at homeyet to hack 3ds with ease with
I don't really feel like farming hr rathalos on my third mh4u character either
I will join you soon, my brothers.
Sorry for semi-blogpost

Im buying digital just like I did with 4U
its one of the few things i'll buy digital because its more convenient than switching game cards every time I wanna play it due to the longevity of it

Only slicing damage will lower the health bar of the tail. Only the last hit mattering is complete nonsense.

That's what I've done with 4U and 3U as well. I don't have any source of income at the moment and never made a comment because I didn't think about it at the time. Considering most of what I have on 3ds is digital it won't be too big of an issue, aside from stupid ass mistakes being a possibility like popping the cart in the middle of playing or shit of that sort.

Is it even possible to homebrew or pirate in 11.0.0 I really want to get this game early but I'm not sure it's possible anymore

No it's not possible right now and it's not looking likely for the future.

Milage my vary, my fellow hunter.
I've sunk 1200+ hours into 4U and previous titles to varying degrees of the same number. FU probably the most, P2nd the least.
Now that I'm expanding to not just big dick weapons it'll be more and more as time goes by.

I have high functioning autism, and it is probably a contributing factor.

It's possible to use the Homebrew Launcher but piracy is a no-go and might not ever be unless a kernel exploit is discovered on your firmware or greater. Could always back up your saves with the HBL, sell your DS, get another one that's 10.7 or below to downgrade with, pirate your games back and re-inject all your saves so you've not actually lost anything.

Reminder that all weapons in MHGen are good and you should just play what you have the most fun with.

Except HH since it's not the 3U HH

HUNTING HORN A SHIT

I've only played striker HBG. Just seems bothersome.

What happened to the hunting horn?

As someone who only somewhat dicked about with HH in 4U, was 4U's not better due to reasons I can't remember off the top of my head? The double note thing in Gen seems tedious though.

i played like 96 hours of mh4u when i finally decided to give the series a try because of the threads and while the game is very good the grind gets boring and i just keep hopping from class to class, the controls are also shit because i have an old 3ds, no cpp and big hands. do you anons have any advice? I initially liked the lance a lot but the repetitiveness of it's playstyle got boring quickly and i'm jumping between weapons

they should make it so mathematically a party with a player wielding a hunting horn gets buffed enough that they technically have better stats than 4 people wearing the same gear and enough to compensate the tactical disadvantage of the hunting horn user being weaker than something else, the buffs are very nice for the other players but overall the party is better off with another weapon

Switching weapons will actually prolong grinding since you need to grind not only weapons but weapon specific armor sets. In terms of switching it up though you can try playing the weapon itself differently. Like evade lancing/guard lancing or try gun focused gunlance or something like that.
4 adequately equipped practically stun lock everything but elder dragons anyway. HH songs wont make too much difference.

I wish the Tri lance would return. Being able to do stab-stab-stab-counter was overpowered back then, but with the more mobile monsters, and considering what some of the other weapons are capable of, I don't think it's too ridiculous. Alternatively, I wish the counter would give you super armor for all 3 stabs kind of like the SnS backhop. So if you play with a LS user you could run up and counter knowing he would have tripped you. Either one would make lance more enjoyable for me and more usable in multi.

Continuing on what said, find a weapon you enjoy the most and stick with it. I only started fucking about with other weapons super end-game out of interest and excess of resources to fund such interest. Plus, you'll get better at what you stick with the most, and therefore enjoy it more, obviously.

Going back to a good HH can really make frustrating fights a cakewalk, depending on the song buffs and monster you're hunting.
For example, Rusted Kush is a double nigger but the Le Grégorien(Gore/ShaggyMaggy) HH makes the fight so much fucking easier without having to have the armor skills you'd need to deal with the standard kush problems so you could go full ham on it.

Where can I find weapon trees for Generations? Kiranico doesn't really have the upgrade paths, and the wiki is often downright wrong.

Ping's dex, but I don't think the weapon trees are translated yet.

Ping's MHX dex has the weapon trees but it isn't translated so you'll have to ID the weapons with the picture and the damage values.

I already planned out 4 weapons I want to main LS,SnS,Hamma but I'm having trouble deciding the 4th one I can't decide between lance or bow since both have pretty good styles and are fun to use in general so I need a little help here please.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxdex

MHXdex has plenty of information you might want although much of it it's translated from the japanse version just download it and see if it useful for you

Was thinking of going CB, but I heard it was nerfed. GS it is again, I will join your faggots as soon as it comes out. Are there any good sets for GS in MHG, I used the Ukanlos X with Grand Shamshir in MH4U.

Is the Nibelsnarf in MH4U or Generations? If not then I'm not getting either. His armor in 3U was fantastic.

Use a gun that rapid-fires slicing and bring extra materials to make more slicing shot when you run out if you insist on using a bowgun; RL's tail takes a good amount of damage to cut off so you're better off using a sword. You should pick your battles when using slicing shot, if you see a teammate struggling to cut off a tail that'd be a good time to use your slicing shot or if it's a monster whose tail is very easily cut off, like Ivory Lagiacrus, then attempting to cut off his tail wouldn't be a waste of everyone's time.

is right, only cutting damage contributes to cutting off tails, is a myth or was possible in earlier iterations, but that is no longer so.

He's in Generations, not in 4U but you can get his armor.

I believe it's in Generations, and you can trade for its parts at all ranks in 4U.

I'm pretty sure it was just a myth. Just like whip weapons.

is it worth generating a mh4u save just for the mhg bonus? I accidentally formated my sysnand when jailbreaking and dont have a mh4 save anymore.

It's just some potions, honey, and I think some lifepowder. IMO it isn't worth it.

also a tigrex suit for your pallicoes

Unique Otomo Airu "Mike Gold"
20 Healing Medicine (the ones that heal 30 HP)
30 Honey (combine with above to make Healing Medicine Great)
10 Healing Medicine Great (the ones that heal 50 HP)
10 Life Dust (heals self and allies in same area for 50 HP each)
10 Meal Tickets (gives fresh to all foods, waives cost)
5000 Zenny (base currency)
5000 Dragonic Research Institute Points (secondary currency)

No, that's if you have data from Poka Poka Airu Village DX

So is it possible to transfer a JP save over to the US/EU version? If not, not interested.

Who went full retard and tried online right now?

Is it safe?

yes it is, you can use a save data file tool. easy as fuck too.

i have, no problems whatsoever.

forgot to include the link. 3dsiso.com/3ds-tips-and-tutorials/275374-tutorial-transferring-save-regions-ex-jp-usa.html

It says to export save data option but use the Extra save data option since thats where MHG and MHX stores its save file.

tfw planning to do HH in generation
tfw everyone says it is shit

i just wanna be credit to team, no bully.

One of the folks who's card I got through walking by on the street suggests he thinks the HH is OP

Basically they made a change that really effects no one and removed one of the better moves in guild style.
It got a double note on hit, which lets you play the song you're playing, but also repeats the last song you played.
The problem is it has no good hunter arts period, it has one that plays all songs at once… but only affects you, one that plays a loud note…. that will trip anyone near you, or one that gives you free double notes… which you'll be getting anyways for hitting the monster.
I'd say as usual, it's the weakest solo weapon, fantastic in teams though

You'll get to Max HR clownsuit grinding in about 60-70 hours. It's a very short game compared to 3U or 4U

Aren't all primates called Fanged Beasts now? Even Congalala was called a Fanged Beast in 4U.

Surely Kiranico will have finished data mining this soon, right? They've only got to put in the english names, really.

Might be late to the party, but what's this about Generations being capped at 30fps and looking worse in general than 4U? Why the fuck would they do that? Just to add the flashy effects?

The gui kills me. The map overlay is nice, but it really fucks out half your screen, so I had to turn that off.

I dont know about it being capped, but it seems to look smoother to me, but I'm playing on an o3ds, so it's going to run a capped game better, I guess.

The GS effects are really nice

youtube.com/watch?v=RAq5B7iWWX8

It might be more consistent, but it definitely isn't smoother. I love the effects too, but there's very little I'd give up my 60fps for and flashes of light aren't one of them.

I think, I'm not sure because I don't really care about FPS as long as it's stable, that there's a way to overclock on a N3DS using homebrew

Man, I don't know how people think like that. I wouldn't consider myself a framerate snob (60 is plenty for me) but I'd willingly drop every other effect from a game to make sure it stays as close to 60 as possible. In RPG's it's fine, but action games are just way easier to play if I have 60fps to work with.

I think frame drops are more irritating than a lower cap personally. Hate getting inputs eaten because the game decided that optimization is a myth and instead of aiming for something they can keep, they have some nonsense where it jumps around like a rabbit on coke.
Only genre I'll say needs to be 60 is Fighting Games (real ones not smash) because certain things you need to make one frame link. Which is one of the many reasons SFV is garbage, then again it's combos are virtually nonexistent.

The game is also zoomed in more than 4U.

ebay.com/itm/152156788365?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 i'm auctioning this off please buy

Aren't all Monster Hunter games capped in 30 fps anyways?
Also, if you ever emulate one, set the fps to 35, it makes the game way more fluid without doubling the speed like 60fps would.

Is there a US .3ds upload yet?
All I can find is the .cia file and 3dsiso keeps shitting itself on me when I try to connect to it.

The Tower has been renamed to "Forlorn Arena" but the Volcano is still called Volcano.

Kinda want to stay on MHX, but I'd rather play with english speaking players.

So when the fuck do I unlock volcano so I can stop hating this game?

At the 4 star village quests or at HR 2 or 3

WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY GAME THE FUCKING GRIND FOR GEAR GET WORSE?

Fuck I remember unlocking blue sharpness weapons by 4th village, I've still to unlock a green in X

If you have CFW, you can use this tool to transfer your MHX save to MHG.
gbatemp.net/threads/mhx-to-mhgen-conversion-tool.433891/
Just make sure you follow it step by step.

I would recommend using a key quest guide to quickly reach to where you want to go.
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHGen:_Village_Key_Quests
I also recommend making the Bullfango/Jaggi armor set to get Attack Up (L) and upgrade one of your weapons of choice to green. I recommend the Petrified set since they can be upgraded easily.

We all make/made that fuckup at some point.

Speaking of Great Maccau, does G.Mac feels more like it should replaced Velocidrome rather then Jaggi to be frank, since i felt the battle had more in common with the former rather then the later, being spring-loaded and all, you know, but atleast G.Macs spring-load feels like it makes more sense then Velocidromes.

Or is that shit just me?

it's not just you, I said something similar last thread and actually it makes more sense in the game's progression, G.jaggi is perfect to start learning monster attack patterns and how or when to punish them, while G.maccau is more like a test of what you learned and apply it in more fast paced monsters.

when does online open up?

It's open right now but I'm not sure if they ban people.

I think it is probably they use the same servers as the Demo and that's why they are open, in my experience you usually don't get "busted" for playing early since carpet banning would fuck over people who got "legal" copies early too, which is surprisingly common (Pre-order via mail and the store miscalculating the days it would take for the copy to arrive.) and a PR hit from banning some innocent kid that might not even know he got it "too early" would be pretty bad, hence general lenience on "these people have it too early" offenders, though exceptions do happen.

Projared pls go

It's a bit of a winding road, but give the thread in the catalog a look-see. They explain it fairly well, and take questions when you have an issue.

I installed the EU CIA, can I play with americans?

Yup

Bonjour garcon!

Pardon!

IE - I'm in canada and I installed the EU version, do I have to start over with the american version?

Just double checking

You can just stick with EU I think because the only advantage you get from owning the US version is that if you own the US version of 4U you get a little bonus.

Not sure if I want to even bother transferring my MHX save data to MHG.

who /kokoto/ here?

I swear they do it just to piss me off.

I'm having fun with the game but god damn if it isn't little things like that that throw me off. Especially the theme music for Maccao being used for the other dinos when it doesn't really fit their vicious, deadly, pack-animal nature at all.

seriously though
>FU swamp instead of old, comfier, MH1 swamp

game is still rad though

Does MHX have any localization bullshit ?,I`ve been seriously considering getting it because the demo was pretty good,but with Nintendo`s recent track record i`ve been very cautious around their products.

From what i heard in the previous threads it is the same stuff as always, Kelbis don't die, Quest Names are LE MEMEs.

With the largest offenders being a Airship called "1337 ship" and a mention of "get good" being bad advice that seemed kinda sarcastic.

Basically, If you got 4U in English you have already gotten fed the same crap.

Aside from trips to memeville, no. Honestly it's also Monster Hunter so dialogue is… does anyone actually read it.

You mean other than the usual bullshit of renaming everything arbitrarily to the point that people who've played the franchise for years and invested hundreds of hours into the newest title can't understand what people are talking about when they talk about the foreign version?

Well, apparently they're also using the script as a platform to bitch at people who told them to git gud because they're butthurt faggots.

Shitty monster names and memes. The usual.

The hunting horn has received nothing but buffs game after game because the monhun team doesn't like that no one plays it. Only fools would say its bad.

I'm pretty sure all monhuns prior to 3u were 30fps. I believe 3u on 3ds was 60 with drops and wiiu was 60 with lots of drops. I believe the average of 3u wiiu was either 37 or 47.
4u n3ds was 60 with drops old 3ds 30 dropping to 27 i believe so fairly solid .

I read it. I love it so much that despite having many hours in the jap version I restarted so i can actually read whats going on.
I like monhun lore sue me.

/moga/ for life.

That sounds more like a reason to stick to the Japanese versions considering how much liberty with the text the localizers take.

If only i could read jap i would.

All the more reason to get started user!

No better game to learn Jap with than Monster Hunter. You already know all of the button inputs and items by fucking memory.

My nigger

Forest and Hills will always be the best map.

All the time. I get curious about the monsters and look for anything about them in the games.

I'd like to learn Japanese so I can understand what everyone is saying in portable 3rd. Good thing we have a thread just for learning moon.

I wish it was so easy. I really do want to learn jap but I lack discipline and motivation.

That's likely very true but as i already said.

Pick one, son, you have it in you.

Story of my life.

I prefer the Old Swamp but Forest and Hills is a favorite of mine, too.

Well shit, looks like I'm learning jap. I'm not sure why or how but i found that very inspiring. I need to find a guide that goes chapter by chapter so i can learn like i did in school.
Even then i don't think i could honestly stick to a schedule. I wish i had someone to learn with, that's the only true motivation which can consistently propel me forward

That's nothing but an excuse. The last excuse you need to stop lying about. Don't fucking make excuses. Just do it. Pick up the fucking game and start reading everything. Doesn't fucking matter if you can only understand 1% of it today. Tomorrow you understand 2%. The day after tomorrow you understand 3%.

"Just do it" is bad advice honestly. People have different motivational factors that go into their will to do something. All that will happen is he'll try to learn jap and end up burning out as he did before, it's better if he approaches it from different angles instead of diving head first and hitting his head on the pool floor.

Your "will" is nothing but an excuse too. You think people who get things done have some kind of magical fire that makes them want to do those things all the time? You think they just "feel like it" constantly? Fuck off they don't feel like it. But they do it anyways.

You either do something or you don't. That's all it boils down. It's like how losing weight is cold hard thermodynamics where you either take in more energy than you spend or you don't. Everything else is fluff and lies and excuses.

I was trying to think of something to say but said my thoughts perfectly. I don't like being this way and if was as easy as just do it then i would but i know i can't continue doing.

You're right it is an excuse. An excuse for me being a lazy piece of shit. But it's hard to change, but not just a change for a few days or weeks but a meaningful one that lasts a lifetime.

Do you know why it's hard to change? Because nobody ever fucking wants to change. The ones who did change succeeded because they woke up every morning and just fucking did it whether they wanted to or not, whether they had the will to do it or not, whether they were in the mood or not.

So much of what you've been told about motivation is nothing but a pile of lies. You spend your whole life just waiting for the mood to strike you when the cold hard truth of the matter is that the mood will NEVER strike you.

In another thread someone wanted to know what the original Japanese was for the "fuck people who say git gud" line was, so I went ahead and transcribed it for them since I can't take screencaps. May as well post it here. The two gaps are because my kanji sucks, but shouldn't interfere with the overall meaning.

ハンターさん、こんにちは!
村長さんから<緊急クエスト>が
届いているわ。

Hello Hunter! There's an for you from the Village Chief.

緊急クエストっていうのはね、クエスト
カウンターのレベルごとに、特定の
クエストをクリアすると発生するのよ。

Emergency Quests appear when you've cleared specific Quests from each Level of the Quest Counter.

緊急クエストをクリアすれば、レベルが
ひとつ、上がるわ。もちろん、難易度も
一緒に上がるから気をつけて!

If you clear an Emergency Quest, your Level will increase by one. Of course, the difficulty increases with it so be careful!

今回、届いている緊急クエストの内容は、
<ドスマッカォ>の狩猟ね。

The details of the Emergency Quest that's arrived this time is the hunting of a

どすまっかぉ! 名前は可愛いけれど、
ピョンピョン跳ねては__に攻撃してくる
いや~なモンスターなのよね。

Dos Makkao! It's got a cute name, but it's an annoying monster that attacks while bouncing around like mad.

ハンターさんも、お顔やお_に
いた~いキックをくらわないよう、
気をつけて!

Be careful you don't take a paaaaainful kick to the face or (something), Hunter!

それではクエスト一覧を開きます、
どうぞ!

Well then, I'm opening up the Quest list, so go ahead!

Anyone want to work up from HR1 together?
I'm having trouble finding people to play with and the "story" hunts are extremely unfun right now.

I nominate you for the Holla Forums translation team that'll never happen.

If you have MHX then sure, I'd be willing to gear down and do some hunts online with you.

I'm trying to learn nip myself, how long did it take you to get to your current level?
Ive been studying for a year now off and on and can only read hiragana and katakana and little to no kanji, my vocabulary is getting better and ive been reading more grammar.

That's a hard question to answer succinctly. I started with classes offered in my high school, but they were pretty shitty overall - despite taking it for four years there, when I entered university I'd only gotten good enough to qualify for skipping one semester of it. Still got kana and basic grammar/kanji/vocab at least though. University classes were better, but still not great, and I learned more by plunging myself head first into vidya and manga and animu really.

At this point, I've been learning Japanese for about 15 years, though the level of stuff in the previous text I probably could've done years ago. Keep in mind, I don't do daily drills or anything like some people here do, so my pace at improving is probably a fair bit slower than most people's, so you might progress much faster than I did.

You win. You're right. Please call me a lazy cunt in the future if i falter.

Great, and yeah it's MHX I'm talking about.

My Hub ID is 42-5631-9983-8878
The pass is [current year]

That ID isn't giving me any results, are you sure it's right?

Yeah it's correct. I guess I'll try remaking the room

But first let me double check. The US and EU versions are supposed to be able to play together right? Or is it not true this time around?
I got the EU version because it was the only download working while the mega links were infinite loading.

user there is no US or EU MHX. That's why it's called MHX and not MHGen.

That'd be why we can't connect then. Sorry user, hope you enjoy playing with the French.

First of all make sure you're below 11.0 firmware, that is the absolute drop-off point for piracy and you can't do it whatsoever on 11.0 and beyond.

Riiiight. Sorry I've just gotten so used to calling it MHX.
This is why I had name changes.

It's alright, thanks for being willing though

*hate

Excuse? No, the only one making excuses is you acting as if everyone is born with the same mentality in face of the fact that no one does or thinks in an exact manner. There's more to "just do it" than just doing it. Life isn't some RPG where you do something and succeed everytime. Have you taken into account how easy Japanese comes to him? Of course not. A person who has an easy time learning something will always be more inclined to do more than someone who's struggling with the most basic of concepts. A person who can find more use in their life for that thing will have more inclination to do it than someone who wants to do it for the sake of it or something minor. If everyone were on the same playing field as you'd put it then everyone should have a simple time to "just do it," but that's not the case. People learn differently, people have different reasons for learning, people are ""different"" . If he wants to learn Japanese then he needs to find a way to learn it to where it's bearable for him. Because if he keeps trying to do it the way he's always been doing it then that's all he's going to fucking do. Nothing but going it for a duration of time, quitting, going at it again, quitting, ad nauseum. And at he's just wasting his time doing the something the same exact way and expecting the results to be any different. If he could "just do it" he'd be fucking doing it already. If anyone could "just do it" they'd be doing it already. I hate it when people try to give advice and make everything sound so simple and easy because all it does is set the person doing it up for failure because they'll fall back into the same pitfalls that made them lose interest in the first place.

That's too bad. Hey other MHX guy do you want to shit around in the Arena with me? I've done basically none of them because they're the only things that are annoying without other people.

ID: 10-5012-6897-4653
Pass: rage

We can do other stuff too if you don't want to do Arenas.

I don't mind doing Arenas, but I'm terrible at them, so fair warning. Also only around for about half an hour, have to head to work soon.

That's a whole 'lotta bitchwhining and not a 'lotta studying Japanese.

Someone want to join my hub? It's public right now and called Let's Rank Up
Please ;_;

Your wacky n' ironic quip would be moderately funny if I was the one who was learning Jap.

On MHX?
Anyone playing MHG demo runs?
I downloaded it legit. Can I still play with peeps who got the CIA?

MHG

what's the 14 digit code?

I wished Espinas was in MHX, that would've been a cool surprise. What are some other monsters you guys wished were added?

Fuck I'm a retard, I had it on local.

48-0306-9320-7611

I can't find that hub. Is that the right code, or did you bail on me?

I'm there m80. You said you're playing the demo right? Maybe it can't play with the full game

I have people joining now though

Full game?
It's out?

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind barioth.

Can anyone confirm if this is real?

Should I join with a fresh HR 1 character or my HR 79 one?

The CIA for both the EU and US version leaked.

Technically. The CIA installs are out somehow.
From early copies maybe

Oh. Well shit. I haven't into piracy yet. I was going to blow lodes of emone on a New 3DS and a copy of this game when it came out.

Hop on over to the 3DS Homebrew bunker to get yourself started.

It's a relatively simple process, and is very rewarding when you're done.

Can it be done with New 3DS? My old 3DS is on its way out the door.

Of course.

If it's below version 11.0, then you're good to go.
And if not, you're fucked.

nerscylla and barioth are the most obvious ones I'll liked to return but I would liked a ceadeus fight in some form even if we had to fight it using a ship.

and if we are talking about bringing monster from frontier, Baruragaru is very cool in concept being a leviathan that hides in muddy areas and attacks it's prey using it's tounge to also suck the blood of it's prey (in this case only velocidrome and it's variants) and use it's ailments for it's attacks or blood in the case of velocidrome or a hunter. I just like him more by the fact he can also insta kill velociprey and other prey variants with some of it's moves

Wonderful.
Is it just me or do either the multiplayer monsters have much more health than in MH4U, or are the initial low rank weapons much more garbage than before?

Well it's my fault for not trying to upgrade my hammer a bit before joining. It only has 60 damage and little yellow. Trying to make the BujaBujaBu set now.

You got fucked because Blangonga is Babby's First Rajang.

Also Blangonga is just really annoying in general, Rajang is actually way more fun to fight.

Online is good to go, then? No one banned yet?

So why'd they have to make all the new monster names fucking awful? Malfestio sounds like gay, edgy bullshit, Astalos isn't even close to Raizex, and Nakarkos doesn't sound as good as Ostgaloa. I already know they made the art names gay as fuck, the question is why translators think it's cool to be bad at their jobs.

We could use a cool ship fight to forget the shitfest that was Dah'ren Mohran.

The last MH I played was 3 Ultimate. I really liked that one.

For some reason, I'm fucking hating Generations. And I don't know why.

Could be the garbage localization.

Could be because it's a spin-off made by a different team.

They have those "learn japanese" threads over in /a/, right? Go visit one of them, see what the deal is.

What did they do?

You should go play FU tbh.

I have a mixed first impression.
Dodging with the adept style makes things a lot more fun for me.
Meanwhile the starting monster lineup on the other hand is annoying fight after annoying fight. Also I don't remember having so much of my fucking attacks bounce when my sharpness is at yellow. Makes early LS a fucking pain.

My husbando Zinorge can't come soon enough. Although when I think about it, I liked Zinorge a bunch because his attacks felt fair and were so fucking satisfying to evade. The adept style might just cheapen that. I probably just find it fun because a lot of these starting monsters are pains in the ass in some way.

Maybe I just need to git gud but I want more fights like Zinorgy asap.
Great Maccao is cute and fun btw

Zinogre and Barroth are probably my 2 favourite Brute Wyverns. Just with ol' Barry would get more love.

This
(outdated reference)
(using the script as a platform to shit on the community)
Pointless namechanges out the ass

the monster name changes and even the title name changed doesn't bug me in the least, that sort of thing wasn't ever really new.

But this is a new low. They're shitting on the monster hunter community itself with that gitgud bit. What the FUCK?

Don't tell me they're censoring/removing female armors too?

Monster Hunter devs get EXTREMELY pissy when anyone tries to mess with their content(it's the reason why they dropped Sony).
If that ever happens, they'll drop the localization team in a heartbeat.

I'm gonna take that as a "no" then.

Why is Dungeon Meishi so fucking good holy shit, I love

it's the best. Marsilla has the most hilarious reactions

Polite sage for off topic now.

I really wish there was a dungeon crawler set in this universe, or even a monster-hunter styled game but more focus on the hunting aspect(traps, preparation and of course cooking a lot)

ditto. Hunting the common monsters as prey and sustenance as you explore deeper into the dungeon's deepest parts.

Dialogue and quest information don't mean shit in monster hunter, they're the platform to attract casuals into buying whats kinda considered a niche game outside of Japan. All gameplay is intact, all visuals are intact, all features are intact. Dialogue was never a main feature of MH

I don't see how the "git gud" thing is shitting on the community either. Had this whole censorship bullshit hadn't arised, people would have just been laughing at Capcom instead of getting outraged and using it in lobbies even more.

yeah

people care because its a tipping point

Im not bothered about monster hunter but I still feel its a massive problem and has stopped me buying other games like fire emblem

I have skipped every piece of dialogue in the last 3 monster hunter games I've played, the only things you need to read are strictly gameplay related, everything else is flavour text.

Nobody fucking cared about 4U's writing even though GamerGate was in full swing at the time and all the anons were laughing about STEVE THE PINECONE DRAGON and nobody cared about its Japanese name Seruregiosu but people flip their fucking lid over Tammy's name change even though the changes are similar (removing ONE, JUST ONE syllable I believe)

I should also add that just like SJWs anons are now starting to think characters are just a platform for the writer's opinions and politics when in reality:

as I said there was a tipping point

It's mostly flavour text anyway and I'm still going to play MHG, but please fucking end yourself at the soonest possible convenience. Thank you.

Oh dear.

I don't know if I want to give them money if all this is the best they got. Without G, I still don't even know if they moved this set over to HR or not, and it's my favourite.

On the topic of nobody giving a shit about 4U:
Zamtrios = Zaboazagiru
Najarala = Gararaajara
Dalamadur = Dara Amadyura

Further back:
Gigginox = Giginebura
Volvidon = Rangurotora
Uragaan = Uragankin
Nibelsnarf = Hapurubokka
Duramboros = Doboruberuku

Suck my fucking ass, anti-censorship groups have been a thing since the fucking SNES days. My problem here is that as I've pointed with the Seregios example, people used to ENJOY these fucking changes, didn't mind them or flat out ignored them.

3U is where the memes started yet NOBODY GAVE A HOT SHIT ABOUT THEM IN 3U AND 4U.

I just want to see a fucking thread about a Japanese game without people SENSELESSLY BITCHING ABOUT THE LITTLEST FUCKING CHANGES LIKE ITS SOME GOD DAMN REVOLUTION AND GOING TO CHANGE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAMES AND THE COMPANY FOR THE WORST.

OH FUCK ME THIS JAPANESE GAME THAT DOESN'T TAKE PLACE IN JAPAN DOESN'T USE JAPANESE HONORIFICS, FUCK ME BETTER BOYCOTT THE FUCKING DEVS BECAUSE I WAN'T TO EXPERIENCE JAPANESE CULTURE!
SOME OBSCURE 2CHAN MAYMAY GOT CHANGED TO A FAIRLY TAME WESTERN CHAN MEME???!?!? BETTER FIREBOMB THEIR OFFICE AND SEND 300 E-MAILS TO THE JAPANESE DEVS TELLING THEM TO HIRE XSEED EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE ALREADY OVERWORKED LIKE CRAZY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

go back to tumblr fgt

Nobody fucking cared about the 4U name changes because they made enough sense.
Dinovaldo makes perfect english sense, and so did Raizex.
Nobdoy cared about the 4U jokes in the translation because they were actually fucking funny. Making a character say "git gud, why do you people say that?" isn't fucking comedy. If they made it "A lot of hunters will say you're not up to scratch, but you won't learn if you don't try!" It would be tolerable.

DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY WERE FUNNY YOU COCKSMUGGLING SHITSTAIN???
BECAUSE Holla Forums DIDN'T HAVE A FUCKING HAIR TRIGGER OUTRAGE CULTURE
IT'S THE SAME AS AN ADULT HATING A JOKE IN A MODERN CARTOON EVEN THOUGH THEY LAUGHED AT THE EXACT SAME JOKE IN THEIR OLD CARTOONS JUST BECAUSE OTHER CARTOONS MAKE SHITTY JOKES AND YOU'RE DESENSITISED TO MODERN CARTOONS AS A WHOLE

user nobody's going to take you seriously unless you calm down

calm down

Tell motherfuckers like to calm down if they're going to be put off from a game in a series he loves
OVER SOME DIALOGUE THAT WAS WRITTEN IN 5 SECONDS IN A WORD PROCESSING PROGRAM
IF PEOPLE WEREN'T SO FUCKING ANALLY BLASTED LIKE IN OVER SIX FUCKING LETTERS WHICH REQUIRED 6 PRESSES ON THE KEYBOARD FROM SOME DUMBASS INTERN I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY NOT STARTING THIS FUCKING RANT IN THE FIRST PLACE
IF YOUR SPHINCTER IS SO TERRIFIED OF THE FUCKING FACT THAT A GAME HAS A POP CULTURE REFERENCE TO SOMETHING THAT IS STILL SURPRISINGLY RELEVANT TO THIS DAY THAT ACTUALLY HAS A LEGITIMATE EXPLANATION IN-UNIVERSE, YOU CAN MAKE A FUCKING FIXED TRANSLATION PATCH LIKE LITERALLY EVERY NINTENDO CONSOLE GAME IS GETTING.
AT LEAST THOSE OTHER GAMES ACTUALLY FUCKING DESERVE IT SINCE DIALOGUE IS HALF OF THE GAME WHILE DIALOGUE IN MH WASN'T EVEN WORTH 1% TO MOST """"""""""HARDCORE"""""""""" ANONS JUST ONE GAME AGO

user please you're scaring the children

user just because you say it in
BIG RED TEXT
doesn't make your argument sound better.

And you are spewing ad hominems just like these anons >>10040434 because you're in denial about how much fun you used to have with the game before "git gud" arrived, thinking it's targeting specifically you because apparently hardworking anons are now as marginalised and fragile as the average tumblr user.

To be fair, I was already shaky about the whole thing because it was missing G rank. I even said how it would probably not have my favourite armour set, and how that kinda stung.

I'll still pirate it, and if I get fairly far and it seems a'ight, then I can always buy a legit copy and load my save onto it with one of those dohickeys they sell.

that one eating monster that caused rocks i think to drop. Eating different colored rocks caused different effects on him and there was some effect that occured if he ate all three colors. fuck, i can't remember it at all

iirc, astalos is named so because it's meant to be a challenger to rathalos. Can't remember which was Asta from.

Man, everyone is a fucking challenger to Rathalos these days. It's not like Rathalos is the only monster, guys, some of the Brutes need some love too.

Maybe have a fucking argument then instead of just bitching about how we're bitching.

The fact that you're all bitching about it IS what I'm arguing about you illiterate fucknugget.

I think it's dumb but I don't really care, there have been ebin maymays before but as you said, it's shit that doesn't affect the gameplay at all. It'll tide me over until 5U and that's all that I really care about.

can someone explain why freedom 2 was included in a dual pack with freedom unite?
from what i had been told, freedom unite was basically a combination of every single previous game in one. so why would they put 1/4th of the game as a separate UMD along with freedom unite?
am i making any sense

You're the autistic wog-loving nigger that made this travesty of a post which is why I started this in the first place, you have no right to try and take the higher ground.

I'm doing no such thing. You're just really pissed off, chill bro. We get it, I feel you, but getting mad enough to have a coronary isn't gonna solve jack-shit. Chill out dude.

Besides, memes and bad jokes may be one thing, but actively shitting on your own fan community is another matter entirely.

Constantly posting argumentative fallacies doesn't change the fact that you got triggered by 6 letters.
Kill yourself retard.

Did you miss the fucking post where I mention people like you are just as fragile as tumblr users thinking such a stupid little thing is targeting your integrity as a person and community?
There is nothing stopping you from still saying git gud online except for your own weakass ego you mega homo.

please respond

I have already made all my arguments in my previous posts in which only a few have people actually tried to challenge you sperglord.

Capcom logic I suppose.

he says right in his channel trailer.
that faggot certainly isn't me, or anything like me, and i'd shoot myself if i had genes that gave me that many autistic facial features.
i hope you don't unironically watch this fag's videos.

"Metal Gear Rising suck because it's not muh Metal Gear"

lel what? i don't play shitty movie games and i don't play platinum meme games, either.
and if i did, i sure wouldn't care what that bioshock loving kike boy thinks of them. nor would i even know what he thinks of them because i'm not gullible enough to watch his videos.

No, I was talking about Jared. He shit on Rising because he's a MG fanboy and it wasn't exactly the same.

I am not good at sentence structure at the moment.

Just gonna post this here to clarify the visual differences between 4U and Gen. People are saying that the Field of View is more narrow but that's not true. It's just that the HUD is larger and more intrusive.

Generally, they traded off framerate and higher quality environment textures for more flashy particle effects.

i sympathize since i'm drunkposting 80% of the time and the 20% where i'm sober doesn't make a difference since i'm a retarded man

How do i update the jap version with eng patch? i'm on v10 by dasding and I don't want to use the eu/us version.

The King has many contenders.

Zinogre, Seregios, Astalos, what else?

Sparkle Dog is for petting, not fucking user.

I think it is the "Git Gud" that triggers people since it flies in the face of the actual game itself.

It is basically Anti-Localization since it not only butchers the original line (as TL user showed) but also completely removes the intent of not only the line itself, or even the whole game itself, but the fucking series and stands out like sore thumb, and considering how heavily they do change things that makes it stand out even worse.

And it even turned a helpful no-nonsense tutorial line into a unhelpful for rookies and insulting to veterans (who got gud) joke, basically making it hypocritical on top of it.

And this is one, 1, singular line, not several example across the game, basically hitting almost all the "Poor localization" points across the board, all that is missing is the game having localization induced bugs that corrupt save data and freezes the game.

IIRC LagiaCRUISE was "Rathalos of the Sea" it seems to been demoted from that since tho, i still like it tho.

I blame Idolshit because "KIRA KIRA!"

Didn't that infect FE?
Is idolshit getting rampant? I thought it was just about 3 animoos only [email protected]/* */ and love live come to mind people like and some pop singers, and I never see or hear anyone talk about them, so I have no idea how big any of these followings are.
Also, why would idolshit end up in a game about slaying impossibly large beasts?
man, sometimes I feel everything I like is getting corrupted, and I can't seem to find new little gems of pure enjoyment that isn't tainted by the antics of humans and their behaviors
last bundle of joy I got was $5 copy of rhythm heaven from a clearance bin at walmart some time ago. It felt like I struck gold

As one of the faggots who only jumped on the 4U bandwagon, it seems pretty obvious to me

You are reaching up too far into your ass because if we follow what you've said then 3U and 4U also hit "Poor localization" points across the board.
Butchering something that basically didn't exist if we go by what TL user said.
He admitted having only "elementary school experience" Japanese and is probably missing out on dialect or tone that Japanese is unique for, probably even whole phrases. Remember that the majority of Japanes players you don't see on youtube are casual and dumb as bricks, dumber than 4U frenchies.
We didn't even see the entire batch of dialogue and you're basing it off a single screenshot
See above,
See above, also did you forget how much Moga Sweetheart said "basically don't die" and "this thing will kill you"?
Only because you're getting triggered by it like a dumbass
It's a joke at the people who said git gud, not at everyone that is good and even then it's not as offensive as you're making it out to be. You're all basically niggers chimping out at a white person saying nigger.
See above, you're stupid.

It was a joke, Sparkles and Confetti is like crack to the faggots and girls who like Idolshit, ergo it being included over stable framerate MUST be the work of a idolshitter.

And Idolshit has been rampant for a couple of year now, but most of it isn't exported, so unless you are a weeb you probably didn't notice.

And some Idolshit is actually good, or atleast good enough, like Symphogear and Macross, it also basically existed since Creamy Mami, which was like 30+ years ago.

SMTxFE is/was bad even by Idolshit standards, even BEFORE the censorship.

And seriously, between MH crossing over with EVERYTHING and Idols promoting EVERYTHING it is justa matter of time until we get NANA MIZUKI DLC QUEST, WEAPON AND ARMOR! or something like that.

Well, maybe not Nana, but you get my point.

Can someone hlep me with this?

I don't know why but I guess money. I'm surprised the ending video actually stayed in the localization

I prefer Bonersquid for Ostgalao/Nakarkos

You're right, the translations have always been more localization than translation, and thus complete garbage.

I don't see how it's not.

Except absolutely zero of that is in the original script. It's not even a pretense at a translation, it's entirely tossing out what was there so a bunch of talentless faggots can bash on things they hate there.

Daily reminder that Dinovalde died trying to protect you from this.

Yep, im stupid, that's why i need to project my awful ideas so better anons like you can disprove them and make me less stupid.

Also don't get me wrong i don't really give a shit about the line myself, i just noticed it gets significantly more attention over the other shit and tried to present a hypothesis to why, looking over it i do kinda look like im offended by it in the post though, so that's on me.

How about we deeply analysis this little piece of dialogue so your little triggered dickhole can understand that maybe
JUST MAYBE
that you're overreacting and the desperation of your Japanese that'll forever be useless for any trade skills and your fragile ego is interpreting this as a personal attack of worthy of a red alert and boycott.
Alright, lets go.
Quick note, we don't know what comes before it and neither what comes after. What we do know is that it's a one time thing for unlocking the Great Maccau quest that you will most likely never see in SP dialogue ever again.

This is an actual thing that happened with 4U communities EVERYWHERE, even here on 8ch we had lots of people coming in asking for advice and they were sometimes shitposted with git gud and technically as hunters, this makes sense in context. Mind you, while most people here likely didn't shitpost people who were nice or to the point for advice, Soulsfaggots are not as receptive to manners.

Because it legitimately is as technically, it takes longer to get anything learned out of "git gud" than """""spoonfeeding""""" does. 99% of replies to git gud are some form of slur or variation "you're not helping at all". The man asking for advice has to spend more time learning to get to his fun than if he was spoonfed and probably became more frustrated as a result.

See pic related. Imagine that he's an A student and never shares his notes with anybody or gives any helpful advice, instead just telling others to "not suck" when they ask him for help. This man is what this line is referring to. This man is a typical soulsfaggot. You are most likely not this man. If you are this man, fuck off.

"git gud" was never a standard veteran culture like the offended are making it out to be and most smart veterans that did use it usually gave actual advice to people who were nice as I just said. We are also not seeing the full context of the line as the first part is cut off, and it's entirely possible that she is referring to the group of immature people that only tell people to git gud, just that this man only thought to take the picture when he saw "git gud", only referring to the fact that it was a thing mentioned in the game and not giving the whole context behind it other than "I unlocked the Great Maccau". Another thing that happened a lot was that people legitimately couldn't beat the Great Jaggi in 4U and in a sense it's referring to that context of people not being able to beat the first large monster only being met with "git gud" since "dude its the easiest monster you suck git gud xDDDD"

As long as you have given legitimate advice to other players for problems you think are miniscule, you are not what this clear cut joke is targeting but the fact that you're so bootyblasted by it probably means YOU are the target of it as well.

Zero of what we see in that text box and not in any of the other text boxes involved in that dialogue. It's entirely possible that everything else from the dialogue is still there but
hey
despite all the piracy
not a single other user has made pictures/screenshots of the rest of that dialogue
Nobody has even bothered to check its legitimacy
why?
BECAUSE LITERALLY NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT MH DIALOGUE

Do something useful with your "elementary school tier" Japanese and join the Neptunia threads.

What does that even have to do with anything? I didn't learn Japanese to make money, I did it to play video games.

You make it sound like I was going to buy a foreignization to begin with.

It's a video game thing period, really.

Then they shouldn't be asking for help in the first place and just playing the fucking game instead.

I'd be the equivalent of an F student who worked his way up to a D on his own - I've been playing since 2G and I'm still god-awful at the game, with about the limit of my ability so far being to get up to Rank G3 in 4G. What improvements I have made I've made by playing the game and developing my own feel for it. I'm not good yet, but I'm slowly getting there.

I'm not in a position to be giving advice in the first place, I can only give raw stats or translation insight.

Then why are you going full autism mode here?

What?

They done fucked up.
However it also makes me fucking furious at Nintendo for being so fucking cheap regarding the 3DS components while still charging a lot.

Don't look at single board computers on the market unless you want to feel like ripping Nintendo a new one.

Definition of boycott:
Japanese clearly isn't your first language either so it's quite clear you're pretty passive aggressive about it.

MH has always been a cooperative community game until git gud happened. You are the target of this dialogue, I don't care how shit at the game you are. There's no reason not to give someone advice if he asks for it nicely, especially since the only competitive aspect of the game is essentially a specialised time trial.

Because you give a shit enough to make the post that was essentially the catalyst for this triggering even though you were lacking the full context for the dialogue.

You hate shitty translations right? You wanna play japanese games? Nepneps want to fix NISA's fucked up translation, go be useful.

You guys are my bros now

People put in effort to learn skills useful for their hobbies. This is nothing new or unusual for anyone who's passionate enough about what they like.

But I don't boycott American media, I still buy what I want from the West. There's just no reason to settle for some other faggot's non-translations when I can just get the original for myself.

The fuck are you even on about?

So, you're throwing a fit because someone dared provide information and insight when other people requested it? There's a tinge of irony to this, you do realize?

Never played Neptune. I might pick up the budget rerelease for the first one's Vita version when that comes out next month, but between SRW Z3, Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain, Caligula, and Sword Town Foreigner my Vita list is pretty packed as is.

when PC? never?

i would love to play MH4U/Gen but not on a fucking 3DS

We gotta do some sort of "Holla Forums plays MHF" thread one day.

The PC is basically just "that eroge and MMO" console over here, no one really takes it seriously.

When the 3ds emulator is perfected. Maybe it'll even have netplay.

O K

"Then they shouldn't be asking for help in the first place" they should look for better people or ask nicely, not stop asking for help.

My rage is less about you providing it and more about everyone's reactions to it. Kalashnikov made a weapon for home defence, which is now synonymous with terrorism. Right at this moment towards you it's not really as much about you providing it but…
Lets look at your posts:
It doesn't, but it's only one text box out of who knows how much there is in the western version.
With no proof that anything was actually replaced, nor its position within the dialogue.
I think you might be a tad biased

That game is too much autism for me.
I just want some of the bosses to be in the main series aswell.
I know those are not the original names btw

that bait was weak user, apply yourself

never it is them.

Pic related, the pc is the boat.
Come take a swim already and buy a fucking 3ds, you'll have a blast.

I'm not too sure about the PC situation in Japan and what they really do on there but I do know they really like to bring handhelds around so that might be a factor towards their focus on the 3DS.

buying a 3ds is a last resort type of shit, and even if i do, you need to do a bunch of inane shit to make a nintendo account where i live and i will not be assed to do it to give money to fucking nintendo, so i will only buy a 3ds after the pirate scene is stable enough for me to play Monhun without problems, and even then only after the price gets way lower than it is now.

we need to see how god eater 2 will fare on steam, if it is a good port and people buy it, capcom will probably be more inclined to port over the monster hunter games to PC, hell they ported dragon's dogma, that was the biggest never ever title around, any title short of first party titles have a chance now.

What? If anything the community has become more friendly and tolerant of shitty players since the ps2 and psp games. If you played like shit back then you were done for. The small nature of the community would've made you a person that would be kicked the moment they entered the lobby.

You're clearly talking about the Japanese community, I'm referring to the western community because 4U attracted all the wrong kinds of people somehow so shit became a little fucked, even in the Steam group we've had quite a few divisive moments due to the littlest shit. The community probably works in Japan because most of them are aware they are shit, while in the west people are taught that they are winners.

Oops, thought you were Japan user, ignore the Japanese community quip

Is Generations meant for the n3ds or can I run it on my original one+CPP just fine?

Lemme add since this is now referring to the western community; in that era pretty much everyone was elitist when it came to hard games for whatever, it wasn't exclusive to MonHun at the time.

Well it's pretty much the only last gen console that is worth buying.
You can, but if you jump on mh4u the online is still very active as today, you might miss out if you don't have friends to play with, and a sizable part of the endgame is locked behind multi.

See

Also everyone is going to jump ship to generations right? Is there any point to buying 4U now or should I just wait?

And again you're talking out of your fucking ass or just jumping to conclusions.

wait, the game doesn't have offline guild hall?
that's fucking shit.

It does, but it's kinda tedious cause the game is balanced around two players multi.

There's quite a decent chunk of people who don't like the new changes to Gen and are either skipping it or playing 4U.
Mainly just lack of game. No G-rank, R10 variants don't really fill that niche. New systems just feel half baked.

You can't tell me this wasn't prevalent anywhere at some point during the PS2 era.

What are R10 variants?

i've been playing onle since freedom so i'm okay on soloing the entire game.

the only time i played online was on Tri, and most of what i remember is people tripe carting on jhen/ala/jho and fucking me over.

Unless you are a piece of shit who refuses to learn the game seriously or a salty pile of trash, they are the most relaxed group to play vidya with, mostly due to all the banter during and after matches.

Also people wanting to play with people their skill level or higher is natural since no one wants to carry some shitter through high/G rank.

Basically they're supposed to be the endgame.
There are variant monsters which have 10 ranks of hunts, these are the usual fare with increasing difficulty every rank (I.E Capture, Kill X, Kill X and Y, Kill 2 X, etc). The variant monsters however, fall a bit flat, they're a reskin with a slightly altered moveset and a couple new moves thrown in depending on the monster. I.E the T. Rathian has a super strong poison, the B. Rath gets a new fireball, etc.

The problem is they feel like reskins more than an actual new fight, and their sets are mostly awful with 2 exceptions.
Their sets also behave differently, they have a unique skill that's a combination of 2-3 skills but only unlocks once you level the armor up. You can only exclude a single piece of the set if you want to retain that bonus and it eats up your charm slot if you do so. IIRC they have no gem slots either.
The weapons make your hunter gauge fill up faster. Usually pretty lowish damage range too, would be okay except HAs range really wildly and they don't make up for the raw loss IMO.

Yup, confirmed for never experiencing the olde monhun community.

But I can, because I've been there where that wasn't the case. It was neither elitist, nor outright tolerant to bullshit. If you are so dumbfounded that it shows, then no one would follow your requests. However if that wasn't the case, people were eager to do pretty much anything just for the sake of it.
For example
50 goldian runs for that hvnly scale
or
20 lao shan runs for a jewel that I didn't even use in the end

You'd hate doing 140 GQs in 4U with randoms. I've never seen people cart so fast within 5 minutes.

Since my start with MHFU, I've played every weapon type available, and usually stuck with the ones that gave me the fastest solo clear times - GS, Hammer, Horn, Lance and SnS.
In MH4U, the Charge Blade blew all of those out of the water by about 5 minutes on average. That thing was a god damn monster.

So, how badly is it nerfed? If I'm primarily focused on time efficiency, should I go back to GS?
Is the bugstick buffed enough that I can rip monsters apart in record time with it, or is it still flippy-dippy gimmick weapon?

Nowadays yeah, but as far as I've seen elitism was a big thing before and supposedly still an issue they're trying to fix. It's all about the groups you have access to.

If people open a room for high/G rank, of course nobody wants to carry the shitter that comes in out of nowhere and puts up his quest, people have to volunteer for that shit.

I guess it was a SEA/Malaysia thing then.

Elitism is a good thing, user. It teaches new players that inexperience is shameful and that they should work extra hard to earn the respect of their peers.
That's a healthy environment that encourages greatness.

i don't even mind people triple carting that fast, it happened to me too, thing is, i haven't fucked someone over with my stupidity.

the worst are the ones that are carried by their friends to high rank, so they haven't got a clue how the game actually works so they only enter your game to die and fuck your run in the process.

completing the single player part of the game should be mandatory before enabling multiplayer.

I'd like to see a more rigid lobby system. When I create a lobby because I want to do a particular quest, I don't like people thinking it's a democracy.
There's always that faggot who pops into a "G-Rank Brachy" lobby and starts begging to do his keys or some crap.

You don't have much of a point because there's different brands of elitism, such as ones that make people learn like you said or drive people away entirely. There's a difference between "you suck" and "fuck off" even if the elitist means the same thing with both of them.

From what I hear there's a quest posting order that goes in order of who joined the lobby first.

Yeah, I suppose you have a point there. I rarely encounter the "fuck off" type of elitism, though, unless you consider to be that type.

That sounds great. Is it enforced? That's how I ran my lobbies in MH3U, but I had to manually push it because there was nothing built-in to lock it that way.

I wouldn't consider it that because that's an intrusion, he should just make his own lobby and wait for people instead.

All of the 3DS ones run on original+CPP "fine" (SMOOTH SILKY 30 FRAMES PER SECOND), 4U is apparently optimized for N3DS and has drops on the "old types" when shit gets busy (IE: EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE), X/Gen apparently has drops on everything due having more flashiness on monster attacks and hunter arts.

For 3U the 3DS version actually runs better then the WiiU version, surprisingly enough.

Gen is looking more like a "spinoff" then a plain upgrade to 4U.

Sure it has ALMOST the same monsters, but balancing thing and ranks makes more then a few anons consider 4U as the better of the 2.

And there were people hanging behind on 3U for ages too and hated the changes 4 brought (Mounting, No Leviathans and the like) so i wouldn't expect 4U to "die" tomorrow.

And for some people a monster being in or out can make or break the game, I recall people hating the fuck out of Tri (and 3rd Gen in general) for not bringing back that many old ones way back when it was released (and WAGGLE and Underwater Combat and not being on PSP/PS3).

so what weapons are the big winners in MHG?

I hear LS is doing very well and SNS is also pretty great

how's lance?

I'd say it depends on the type of elitism. There's expecting new players to work at getting better and then there's just a having cliquey circlejerk where everyone acts as if there's only one way to play.

What pains me is seeing HR500 players who have no idea how shit like armor skills work.

i dunno how to make it better without fucking the core of mon hun multiplayer, so i don't have much to say on that regard.

i do think that they should separate the online city from the lobby, so they lump everyone together and they use the board to get into a small lobby that's only used to change equips, get items and enter the mission, like PSO2 does.

but i think that's not really possible on the 3ds flimsy hardware.

SNS is a better hammer than hammer now
Lance has always been good and now has been buffed for some reason, making it even better
Bow is just about the strongest thing in the game
Switch Axe is great in every style
Bushido/Adept CB is a new flavor of CB that's makes up for the nerfs.

Can't think of anything else majorly strong off the top of my head.

Any Longsword, or if you want to consume dash juice like it's going out of style, Striker DBs are okay too.
Guild GS is the only GS style unfortunately, except when you have a very specific clown suit then Aerial GS becomes pretty good

The only good DBs are aerial and guild.

lets just say its all good

It can outdamage guild DBs believe it or not. Basically you just have to keep up… fuck I forget the translation but Ravenous Wolf. It relies on burning stamina like a motherfucker though because of the lack of archdemon mode

Too bad you get a really gimped moveset. Honestly if DBs didn't have ravenous wolf, striker would be useless on DBs.

At that point you might as well play guild then, no? Don't dual blades only have 1 good hunter art anyways? Wolf's Maw/Starving Wolf?

the stupid spin move can do a good chunk if your positioning is right, and the aerial flop is decent. Basically they're not great, but they're good enough to be an alternative. I'd say just go Guild because aerial suffers from, even with affinity increases in the air and matching elements, just pretty piddling damage.

oh right, you can also replace the flop with the self frenzy for that affinity boost when you fight it off.

thinking of maining IG for MHX, since I barely touched it in MH4U. Longsword was fun, but it's hard to find groups with.

Anyone playing right now, or are you all waiting for official release?

Wasn't it supposed to be released on the 15th?

What? Do people kick others for using LS?

Yeah unless if you're just being carried. The spirit combo tends to fuck up other blademasters.

Some do, LS users are infamous for tripping other MeleeWeapon users especially since it attracts the OW THE EDGY KATANA/SCYTHE lone wolf type that doesn't pay attention to the other players that you have to give wide berth due only using the LARGE SWEEPING attacks, basically denying areas for other players.

Don't get me wrong though, LS is fun, but playing it in a group like most do solo usually won't fly, teammates will though.

Probably DB or CB.

Some do because its reputation as the tripping king.

Is there a more up to date op copypasta? I copied the one I've used for this and the last thread from a year+ ago?

they fixed that mainly (with all styles but guild which is still the trip master all years).
So LS is actually usable in groups without making all your teammates murder you

WHAT ABOUT GB?

Well, i can see why, they probably wanna keep Great Mac unfucked as long as possible after all.

The CB seems really intimidating to get into because of all of the specific mechanics, that's why I put it off while playing 4U. Is it really not that bad to learn and use effectively in Gen?

Reminder if it wasn't clear:

The latest version of the english patched rom won't connect for online play and download, if you play the japanese rom with no patch, good luck going back and forth to the wiki to translate moonrunes. You use the eu/us version? enjoy the cut and change content with the shit translation.

Pick your poison.

What kind of content was cut and changed? The devs usually really care about what happens to the game.

what are you talking about I just hosted a room and someone joined me just fine.

Anybody have a screenshot of the blimp felyne calling the shit the "1337 airship"?

I'm waiting for official release
See, faggot who posted sadmovieman blogpost near top of thread
I'm in a better mood since it'll be here sooner.

Can someone tell me what the fuck Moofah are and where I can kill them for a moofah horn?

Deserted Isle

What are you talking about? Where?
And I can give little to no fucks about the translation. It's cringy here and there, but it's not like this one has a nice mini story to it like MH4U did. There's nothing significant to ruin.

Thanks

I know about the tripping reputation but I've been tripped more by pretty much anything else in 4U. I figured that stigma would have died. IG and CB users were especially annoying in 4U.

Every Monster Hunter game that comes to the West gets DLC content censored and removed and changed, mostly because of licensing issues – but considering the current State of the Industry and [current year] I'm extremely skeptical that licensing is the only reason something is getting changed anymore.

This was the DLC that got removed from the game
The rest stayed. My info comes from here.
gbatemp.net/threads/mhx-to-mhgen-conversion-tool.433891/page-3

What do you guys think is the best style for bows?

Uncontestedly Bushido/Adept.

Man, I feel like I just can't craft a single fucking thing without needing to farm other things besides the main monster

What's the best monster to practice Adept evades on?

I practiced on everything.

best styles for gunlance? I DL the demo and didnt like that I had to use ZL and ZR for the abilities since I normally used them for rotating the screen
I see it being a problem for the dodge one if its not binded

You can change them ZL/ZR in the options to rotate the camera. Also, the dodge style is parries for GL so last second blocking.

In a way every GL style has its own good thing about it, its more about which one feels the least fucked to you.

Made a MHGen room
ID:04-3294-0104-3288
pass:4444

Just joined up

That was fucking great

Can we get the rest of us to HR2?

Yeah sure

new bread