Final Fantasy VI is Bestest Final Fantasy

FF VII is good enough, but can Holla Forums explain to me why the hell people praise it over the motherfucking masterpiece which is FF VI?
protip: you can't

I like FF6 and all, but FF4 for me is my personal BEST Final Fantasy game.

I can see your reasoning, fellow young person on the world wide web, but IV's pacing was a bit off to me. Also too much waiting in battle.

Because Ps1

Every FF is shit. Ruined the entire JRPG subgenre with their mediocrity.

OP, I fucking love VI, but…
These things are half truths and don't even matter to begin with. When I was a kid I just played the game like whatever with 0 planning on what my characters would do and beat the game just fine, including extra and secret bosses.
Half the stats don't even do anything, the game is broken.
The game is great, and fun, my favorite final fantasy, but it sure as fuck doesn't have a complex battle system. It's not the Last Remnant, it's not even FFXII.

Are you retarded? Almost every single jrpg follows the same retarded formats and are rarely innovative. JRPGs were never really that great to begin with as its skeleton design was shit. The only way to make a good JRPG was to have great characters and a great setting, otherwise you are left with a bunch of content that was worthless (FF8 shows this all to well). It can have a decent to subpar combat system as long as the other two hold up. In order to make it stand out it needs a good to great soundtrack.

Same thing with MMOs.

FF6 is a piece of shit, people only like it because it was the first one they played.

It was only broken because of bad bugs.

But the battle system did have complexity as it would allow you to do all sorts of things like run reflect and bounce a spell off your own party to hit a single mob for far more than a single spell would or Gau of the four winds to name a couple of things. Hell this was probably the only game where you could turn all of an enemy's strengths into weaknesses due to edgar having some of the most powerful abilities in the game. You can even do this to the final bosses.

As far as a series of disgusting turds go, FF6 is the shiniest turd of the bunch. I don't know why that's worth celebrating, I'll chalk it up to OP being a brain damaged Squeenixfag.

Also, Holla Forums is a video games board, we discuss video games here. This thread belongs in >>>/trash/. Please move it.

You dont even need them. If anything having a jobs system makes the characters feel blank. With 6 you could actually have characters that were a bit more fleshed out. You had a martial artist, a magic casting half esper girl, a mog that dances and changes the entire scene to fit his moves, a mage that copies spells and uses them, a samurai, a ninja, a fucking sasquatch ect ect ect. Every single character had their own thing, their own unique abilities and their own stories. Jobs didnt need to exist when every character had their own role and purpose. It would be like "well you are a runic knight but i want you to only do this opposite thing, disregarding your character completely".

That defeats the purpose of what they tried to do in the game.

No one gives a shit.

Can I just point out how great the character designs on FF6 are?
There's something about those clothes, they're fantastic. I'd love to see a fully realized world with FF6's aesthetics.
I wish SE looked at FF6 and made a new game based on those designs. I don't even care if it looked stupid.

I like both about the same.

I liked the combat in VII more than VI, mostly because the limit breaks broke(no pun intended) up the tedium and customizing characters with all the different materia was a lot of fun, but I still like VI's combat just fine.

The story in VII had a very cerebral, almost dreamlike feel to it and it tied everything together pretty well. When you replay, knowing the end from the beginning, it's quite impressive how many little hints and symbols there are for almost everything that happens later in the story. VI's story on the other hand is just a really good, simple story without any pretenses. I guess it comes down to preference with the story.

They were great. Its like someone gave a shit for every single character in the game. It looks as someone developed them as secondary main characters so that no one would really jump out and steal all the lime light giving each one time to shine.

5 rapes it every conceivable way. The only thing 6 has are its audio and visuals.

my nigga. kain gave me an obsession with dragoons that remains to this day

Wasn't Kefka considered more bland in the Japanese version or something?

He might be the same guy I've seen in the Vita threads blaming Square for "ruining" JRPGs and claiming any game made by Square or ex-Square employees is garbage. Just saying.

Final Fantasy is the best Final Fantasy.

If you want to praise any Final Fantasy it would be the original one. If you stripped away every recurring element from the first game away from the ones which followed, they would collapse without anything to support them. It was the definitive game of its series.

FFVI is one of my favorite FFs if not THE favorite, but you gotta admit that, from a technical/programming point of view its hot, steamy shit. Same for seiken densetsu 3, unfortunately (that one is so full of bugs it didn't even release outside of japan).
Thank the internet for romhacks that fix most of those problems though