Vulkan improves Doom(2016) FPS by 20%

archive.is/RmFt2

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/RbW2b
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vulkan Improves Doom(2016) FPS for AMD GPUs*

Nvidia actually saw regressions in their FPS from OpenGL->Vulkan.

AMD sees performance gains likely from async implementation and isn't suffering as bad from CPU overhead like in DX11.

Too bad Doom had to be one of the first games to implement Vulkan.

Vulkan is the savior we were promised

There is nothing wrong with Doom (2016).

the newest Jewvidia cards excel when it comes to Direct X 12 which all that matters in the normalfag market. Funny thing is all the Jewvidia cards run worse at lower versions of Direct X.

What? Nvidia cards are only good for DX11 and old OpenGL.

Talos Principle even though it's implemented poorly it saved a lot of frames than anything

On a budget card, you dipshit.

NuDoom is a shit game and Vulkan is a good API.

I think Vulkan is a good idea but they could gain double that by not using denuvo.

playing DOOM in 2016?
Youre right

DX12 BTFO

Wait, that's a comparison between OpenGL and Vulkan. How does it compare to DX12 or even DX11?

nuDoom doesn't run on directx, matey.

DX12 is windows 10 only. Vulkan is open source and on Linux, and Win 7/8/10.

that doesn't even make sense, nudoom is on xbox one.

No. Piracy is still cancer. Using denuvo was their best idea. This is the future piratefags wanted

Pascal is actually quite good at DX12, at least better than Maxwell is

Problem in both cases is Nvidia hasn't really given a fuck about DX12 yet so its not mainstream, and have been pissing around with the drivers for months

ATM on both cards its more of a software solution, they have shown examples of turning on hardware async for DX12 games but the drivers are still not ready 8+ months later

If anybody gives AMD shit for their drivers being "Late" again, I'll point them to the last 2.5 years of Nvidia fluffing about

I wonder who could be behind this post

HE KNOWS

complete dumbfag in Holla Forums, i saw vulkan installed from the last Nvidia update, that good or bad?

I think this Anonymous person is on the right track.

sweet

With Wine getting proper DX11 support soon, Linux is actually shaping up to be potentially p gud if companies bother porting their Vulkan games to Linux.

The only dipshit here is you, friendo. Vulkan's performance means that if developers actually give it a chance, then the low/medium-end can get most of the fancy features that are usually restricted to the high-end at very playable framerates, where the high-end can still reap their same high-FPS benefits, while also giving way to even more extreme quality tweaks like Doom's Nightmare settings, only potentially on steroids in comparison

Everyone wins with an industry-shift to Vulkan, to where even if history repeats itself, and people refuse to upgrade to Windows 10 despite the allure of DX12, there will still be a next-gen API out there that works on all platforms - even the not-vidya Linux family

Explain to me how I'm the dipshit? If a cheap video card gets 20 fucking extra frames out of this new API that's REALLY fucking significant. Please suck off Jewvidia more

It's good.

Vulkan is the new OpenGL, except it looks like it's actually going to compete against DirectX.

Does Vulkan have a response to that PhysX bullshit? Only reason I even have an Nvidia is because of Gameworks and co.

Pretty sure thats something completely unrelated. Vulkan is a graphics api. While PhysX is a system to run some physics calculations on the GPU. That said, I believe vulkan reduces the CPU usage, which means that better physics would be possible for everybody.

Yeah, I hear when you try to run any DirectX 9 10 or 11 game on an Nvidia Pascal GPU the GPU locks up & it just shows a black screen.

t. AMDfag

How would they? nVidia has that shit on lockdown and the only reason they're not getting hit for anti-competitive practices is because of their deliberately crippled CPU-based PhysX drivers. So AMD can still run PhysX, just badly.

Given that AMD's OenGL drivers are dogshit I don't get what's the big deal here. It's news when AMD aren't being a bunch of shitters?

async compute

you fucking nigger

what point did you think you were making here?
please leave this board

Also, just to be clear, Vulkan is graphics API, not a hardware tech.

PhysX is the result of nVidia buying up AGEIA to integrate their dedicated physics cards into nVidia's graphics cards. The main rival to PhysX these days is Havok I believe.

who gives a fuck? Doom already runs 120+ fps on decent rigs, it's not like 140 fps is going to change anything, except maybe for poorfags.

Honestly I would have preferred to see them fixing the random engine crashes that are affecting more and more users from what I read.

Checking these quality posts.

Vulkan improves everything.

Here is an example of a poster unable to see the big picture.

I see the big picture, I don't think Vulkan implementation on Doom was more urgent than fixing the fuckin CTDs that are spreading like crazy since an update in June, given that the game is already light and flies on a toaster.

Vulkan brings new issues at the moment with Steam overlay that need other fixes, while the elephant in the room is still without fix and it's been a month.

Thats Valve's problem, that will be fixed when Vulkan gets mainstream enough or just later, since its optional.
Just disable the overlay in the meantime, thats a issue for retardsalready are for buying nuDoom.
Plus nuDoom and Talos are just a test field for Vulkan. Dont be a immediatist for a perfect result, but the devs should give a warning for the possible issues.
Now lets wait for the Unity and UE4 results with Vulkan.

Even if it's nuDoom, it's still exciting and I hope that more developers follow.

Honestly it doesn't really mean shit, most devs will move on to DX12 because they have absolutely no integrity and it's the easier option. id are one of the only companies out there that avoid DX like the plague, and they'll continue to be one of the exceptions.

As much as I'd love Vulkan to fuck DX12 over I just do not see it ever happening.

Devs are moving over because currently the documentation on Vulkan is fucking atrocious and their git resources are awful. They haven't even done a starter guide for developers either. If you want support, you email Khronos and pray they get back to you in a month. That was the biggest fear of VK in that it was being rushed to beat DX 12 and fuck up where it matters in getting developers going as quickly as possible. And it came through. Meanwhile M$ has 24/7 dev support, massive amount of guides and git resources and they will have an engineer call or even be sent on site to assist. They used to do it only for Xbox but now they extended the dev support to PC.

The iD dev bitching failed to mention they got special treatment from Khronos who prioritised them over other developers needing assistance so people are fucked off about iD claiming everyone needs to be on Vulkan when most developers can't even fucking get started.

That's why devs are going to DX12 and VK is already on the back foot on PC. There's so little support there's no point in picking up a poorly documented open source API compared to a well supported closed source one. Never mind there is no way in hell Sony is going to allow it over their own OGL Fork and the Windows 7 gaming market is shrinking far faster than projected.

Havok's owned by Microsoft these days as well. Though M$ are keeping it non-vendor exclusive and the same "Sliding" licencing fee as before.

Interesting. I'll have to see if it makes much difference, because I hadn't noticed FPS issues before.
Maybe it'll keep the heating down a bit.

My major issue with Doom is still the crashing.

Doom and its bugs are irrelevant.

The relevant thing is the performance increase from using Vulkan.

wait what the fuck? what are the settings for that shit ? are they running the game on all ultra settings ? no fucking way .

Vulkan do what Nvidia don't.

Yeah, but that's not unusual for a GTX 1080, if I'm understanding what you're surprised about.

that site is BS they didn't give the settings that the game was running on. i have a 1080 it doesn't get 150 FPS on ultra it doesn't even get past 120 on ultra 1080p

This sexy beast will be even a better value.

Oh boy, I can increase my FPS on that game from 10 FPS to 12 with Vulcan.

Seriously, fuck NuDoom

More benchmarks.

archive.is/RbW2b

Where's your papers, hombre?

Nvidia shills on suicide watch

honestly sort of regret just giving in and buying a 1070, could have waited to see what amd did since every new game is going to make good use of dx12 or vulkan

What sorcery is this?

Keep telling yourself that.

Where'd you find a Gauss Cannon in that early level? Do you get to bring all weapons when you replay the game?

Buying a new GPU before competition shows up and the price drops somewhat is ALWAYS a mistake.

like i care how a game with a hardcoded max of 12 enemies spawned at once runs

got it for 439 which is the evga retail price

Fuck off gook.

Salty nividia-shill.

wew lad

I don't even care if the game was good (it isn't), it has no mod tools and uses denuvo therefore it belongs in the garbage.

doesnt matter what you think, you werent going to buy it anyways. its a financial success

So if a low-end card gets a 20% FPS boost, a high-end card should get a 200% FPS boost, right?

cripplevidya gets worse performance if thats what you are asking

Summerfag detected.

Wanna bet AMD's 490 or whatever they'll call it will be available around that price or cheaper and be WAY more powerful? It launches this year.