Deep Sea metroidvania

So apparently a deep sea metroidvania was released today.

Is it any good?

Deep Sea Metroidvania already exists

It's called Ecco the Dolphin

Trips checked for Kek

Bumping for qt sailor girl

I know nothing about it apart from that.

I'm calling 100% bullshit.

Speaking of metroidvanias I've just started playing La Mulana and I really have no idea what I'm doing and I fear that leaving that first dungeon I'm in will lock me out of it forever because when I stumbled upon Spring in the sky I was locked out of going back. I got the controls down but the tablets are just confusing me the more and more I read them

This is the first thing I found when searching Going Deep

just realized the game is called Song of the Deep

Eh, I prefer my metroidvanias to have platforming and this one looks like its free movement. Otherwise the only way you're going to unlock new paths is with keys and guns.

Grab a notebook. A physical paper notebook and a pen. Write down what every tablet says.
The clues for puzzles are rarely on tablets anywhere near the puzzles. You have to piece it all together.

Also, you can translate the lamulanese language by turning your translator program off and on and scanning tablets. It'll take a bit of work on your part, but it's worth it to at the very least translate the numbers and learn the sounds they correspond to. That'll save you a lot of grief.

Having watched the trailer and a few gameplay videos, I think this post accurately summarizes the 'wrongness' I was feeling about the game.

It looks pretty, but something there just didn't strike me as a true metroidvania type of game, and this lack of platforming is probably it. I might still give it a pirate, but I doubt I'll be in any rush to play it whatsoever.

Checked.

You can clear the first dungeon at least through the first boss without leaving.

No.

We already have a deep sea metroidvania for 5.00 less. Much more worth your time and shekels.

this is moderately funny

It obviously tries to be aquaria, but ends up being closer to insanely twisted shadow planet. You're too railroaded.
Still, it's quite pretty.

Aquaria even has a FOSS engine. This is a no brainer.

>my girlfriend has been complaining that Gamestop is down her throat because her store got zero preorders for this game

It looks kind of neat and I'm pretty sure all the people at my store myself included got a free Steam code for it. I might check it out.

A problem however: it's not a metroidvania, and it's boring.

EB Was Shilling it heavily so no

I'm sure it's because of the game.

test