/osg/ OldSchool Runescape General

Didn't see one so let's make one happen. I'm sure there are at least 10 of you on here who play still.

No bullies and no qcc posters

bumparooski

another bump for the fun of it

I was high alching on a PvP world just on the edge of a safe area, misclicked and got jumped. Lost my Fury and Warriors ring
I was skulled because I accidentally smacked someone while looting some shark. I had a 4m cash stack so I bought it back no problem but damn

you goofed son. alching should be done in varrock square with all your top tier bis gear. otherwise you're just a casual

At least I made ~2m from selling my BCP and using the money on 94 magic. 4.5m magic exp in less than a week via string amulet, but it cost a fuck tonne.

Enjoy having to buy alch supplies daily and only getting 65k/hr mage exp, noobs.

Has there ever been an 8ch CC in osrs?

That would be neato

*little do they know that I'm gonna grab their IP's and report them to the feds for illicit gold trading*

Wouldn't that be nice. Maybe I could finally find a CC that isn't filled to the brim with cancerous leddit memes, thin-skinned faggots, and unrepentant hedonists.

At this point, I'd say the average OSRS player is a disgruntled late teens-early twenties pothead with anger issues and an addictive personality, which is why they keep coming back to the game. The state of most CC's doesn't really surprise me, I just wish it wasn't the case.

I have been playing on the private server lot a bit. Pretty fun.
Certainly not going to give jag money now, so free membership is fun.

Why is all the best melee gear so ridiculously fucking expensive? Is it really so rare after all these years? I can kill Zulrah and I still don't have the patience to farm for this shit.

If you've done both the quests on Miscellania, and you've completed the Varrock hard achievement diary, you can coast on bonds for free as long as you log in daily.

Is there anyway to play Runescape Offline or get free gold membership??

DFS is the cheapest it's ever been thanks to that gay-arse Zeah catacombs update making everyone and their mother farm brutal black dragons.

BCP and tassets are the best-in-slot equipment for DPS thanks to the +4 and +2 strength bonuses respectively, not to mention the total +2 prayer bonus. Tassets are the only legs to give any offensive bonuses, whilst BCP has to compete with the fighter torso from Barbarian Assault. I still prefer the BCP, since I couldn't be fucked grinding that minigame for an untradeable with worse defensive stats than a rune platebody.

Amulet of fury isn't BiS anymore for DPS, that honour goes to the amulet of torture added in the Monkey Madness 2 amulet. The drop which lets you convert an onyx amulet into a zenyte amulet is pretty rare and requires completion of MM2 to farm, which makes it so expensive.

My guess on the berserker ring is that people have stopped farming Dagannoth Kings, and as a result the supply started to dwindle as more and more people imbued their rings and made them untradeable.

Barrows gloves are easy as fuck to get, I don't know why those would be a problem.

Fire cape is entirely an issue of whether or not you have good internet.

Primoridal boots require a slayer level of 91 to farm, and they're rare to boot, pardon the pun. They're the only melee boots to give accuracy as well as strength, which is why they're so expensive.

No and no, unless you buy bonds with GP in-game.

You're generally right about the playerbase. From what ribbot has shown me, many of them are late teens even who were just young when they started. Plebchan has a pretty consistent /vg/ osg thread running, but having spent time in their CC, i wouldn't hold out much hope.

Their quarantine cc was actually less shitty.

Anyone down to test the waters on an infchan cc?

I'd come back on to play. Still have the launcher sitting on my desktop anyway.

Each time I play Runescape I wish I played more years ago so I'd have an uber super rich account by now.

Fuck it, why not. How many of us are there, though?

there was a discount on the 3 month price, not sure if it's still up.

Just use bonds, man. No need to shell out real money when you can easily make 2.5-3m in two weeks.

problem i've got is playing an ironman, however still have another account with a decent stack of gold on it for at least a few months worth of membership.

Don't you have a main with decent money-making capability?

probably going to activate that other account with bonds and then just daily run herb patches and miscelenia.

Make sure you've done Royal Trouble as well as Throne of Miscellania. It's also highly recommended that you do the Varrock hard diary for the 60 daily cheap battlestaves - it's a guaranteed ~115k for free every day.

yeah got quest cape on it and iirc done most of the medium, if not hard diary's.

REMINDER Holla Forumsscape is STILL A THING

Private servers don't do it for me. Membership is already free for me, and I couldn't be fucked to grind everything again.

If I wanted to grind a new account I'd just spend the time on maxing out my main's melee stats in OSRS.

Im at work rn but if some of you people wanna add me on osrs you can do so

Rbrtcs1 is my ign

Pls no booly

Also no stat one-up-manship

Look at his stats.
LOOK AT HIS STATS AND LAUGH

Get your slayer up, mate.

vscape is pretty cool

You did the exact opposite of what I asked

Tsuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The grind is signifigantly lessened. Except for money. That's worse, because nobody has that much, and there's too few players to trade with reliably.

Post 'em

And? Why would I do it again?

So it's basically ironman? No thanks.

Move it, noob.

you have to let it go guys…. the meme has dried out…

you still have to pay the initial 10 dollars, faggot.

>>implying im going to pay 10 dollars a month to play a dead game.
Backpedal harder, retard.

its ok man, you don't have to justify yourself here, you're bad with money, we get it.

Just an addendum, no trannies or mentally ill folks in the soon-to-be cc. Cat pictures are ok tho in threads

Also you tards realize that you can make money on f2p for a bond. It takes more time but assuming you have the stats/prereqs already in place, once you get a bond you're set

Don't forget the jmods can go back through your chat logs and ban you for shit that was said in CC if they ever don't like something you do

Why you gotta be like that man

If a single payment of $10 to kickstart your account is too much for you, you probably shouldn't be wasting your time on video games to begin with, poor-fag. If you had a single friend to borrow a bond from to begin with you wouldn't even need to pay for starting period.

Who else needs to be added to the list?

Shoo, faggot.

That reminds me in the original when I collected enough money to get 99 herblore. It was late at night so I decided to leave it for tomorrow. That was the day before the overdrive update. I spent the money on 99 con and prayer instead. It always felt like a deep loss. That was one of many nails in the coffin.

Overloads were OP as fuck anyway. Between summoning, overloads, Korasi's sword, chaotic weapons, and ancient curses, I don't know what did the game the most harm.

Good enough for me. Maybe include swedes on there as a matter of principle

I quit. I refuse to pay $10 a month for updates I don't get.

What do you mean "updates [you] don't get"? Updates that aren't in your level range? Updates that you don't understand?

Updates that go to RS3

basically this.

kikex is using the sub money to further submerge RuneScape 3 into the cauldron of WoW AIDS

whats the fucking point? you play to have fun, not so you can keep playing, that's not entertaining, that's addiction.

I sometimes play Holla Forumsscape but thats about it.

dude weed lmao

problem with Holla Forumsscape is that its incomplete as fuck and the devs don't care enough to fix all the broken things around the map

In my opinion it updates pretty regularly with shit. A more dedicated dev could probably get updates even faster, but its pretty ok. That said, I don't really do many quests.

I've seen drugs mentioned in conversation more than in any other MMO or really anywhere else outside a head shop. Pills are especially common in these conversations.

nigga the first version sucks ass

k

be sure to add rbrtcs1

I get burnt out way too easily and I take long breaks in between bonds.

Now I'm burnt out on Phantasy Star Online and I'm just making a game for Summer Bubbafest 2016. I feel like making a game with a shitty rpg engine for a meme competition is more fun than MMOs at this point.

its comprehensible, the MMO genre is dead.

hi asscastle

Thats why if more people played there would be less of a grind

jewgex isn't worth giving money to

I actually really want to play this again but I don't have it me to grind slayer any more. yeah I'm playing RS3 because I find it much easier to multitask while playing it

Last time I played was like a year ago, I literally did not get any enjoyment out of it besides doing treasure trails, I'm not sure why to be honest. Are the newer quests any good or are they all Elemental Lab 3 tier?

monkey madness 2 was well received.

casul

Are you really so god-awful at the game that you can't make money in a fun way? Ever been bossing before? How about risk fighting? Dharok's PKing? Sounds to me like you're just another baddie who doesn't have a level 70 stat to his name.

Elemental Workshop 3 was a nice try to redeem a terrible quest line. It wasn't as bad as that Myreque quest after Seergaze's Legacy, though.

Didn't mean to sage.

Ur a bad boy

I'm curious - do any of you guys remember quest reviews by a guy named Asparagoose? He blatantly copied Yahtzee Crosshaw, but it was still pretty entertaining. He quit making videos yeeeaars ago though.

Wasn't Elemental Lab 3 that one quest that had one tile based puzzle that was buggy as fuck and had a completely obtuse solution? Or was that 4?

You're right, that's 3. I was thinking of 4 when I posted .

These were my stats the last time I played. I bet 20 million which wasn't totally my bank in a stake. I nearly won by a sliver of hp but whatever. I got enough cash to purchase a bond in OSRS still, if I felt like playing that is. I got sick of the mentality of people however and playing on my own is hell. I was a zerk up until I wanted to kill bosses. I have almost every quest in the game done as well because I'm insane. I may go back and try to get the quest cape actually, if I can get passed the fucking redditor mentality of most of the populace anyways. By this I mean I would simply randomly talk to people if I were slaying or some such, more times than I can count people were pretty much brain dead so I never really had anyone to talk to.

How does it feel to suck dick?

Why would you criticise his 81 ranged before his magic level?

I would be receptive to a singleplayer game set in Glenior where you just do great adventures for people in multitude of ways and with a multitude of heroes

The Black knights have tricked and false flagged their way into inciting full scale war between Falador and Varrok. You mr 99 Agility/Thieving are the only one who can uncover this dastardly plot and save the kingdom from massacring itself. Parkour your way through multiple perils, infiltrate Black Knight sleeper cells, discover dwarven cities and shit.

A story of a young warrior from Lumbridge who worked his way across multiple cities, towns, monsters and contracts into becoming the best swordsman the world has ever seen.

An alchemist decides to explore the elven lands in hopes of finding new and exciting ingredients and potion recipes.

That sort of shit. The world is ripe with adventure and it's sadly wasted because MMO. It doesn't even need to be a full scale AAA open world RPG, just have a nicely contained story in well detailed small areas and have tight gameplay and you're all set. Jagex has shown they know how to make really good quests.

I wonder, whatever had happened to that one Transformers game Jagex was making? Dead like Funorb?

That died forever ago I'm pretty sure.

Just like my expectations for Jagex.

It would be another boring rpg with a runescape twist. It wouldn't sell, (except to runescape fans who care about the in-game references to their nostalgia), and the people who did buy it would be hyped about it for a week then never touch it again and go back to grinding RC and getting another 70k mining xp.

Oldschool has a good thing going for it now, and it's probably making more money for Changex than rs3/their card game

buying gf

I'll give you one
Just let me trim your armor

Yes, because while magic is shit, magic is less shit than faggot stick throwing.

Guthan's spear and dragon med helm in the same chest, not bad!

Too bad that the spear is really cheap at the moment. I think I'll hold it for a while until it hits ~4150k.