Age of Wushu Thread

New server soon(?)

What are we going to call the guild this time around?

bump

daring drug devourers

Long Wangs

Oh shit, is a new server legit coming soon?

I might have to hop back in.

Honestly though, if we do play a new server, it needs to be No Homo again. If only just because it'll cause salt and instant bullshit with everyone else within the server.

That or Wuxia just to really kick it to the golden panda whatever server we were on before.

heroic homo holocausters

starting as nohomo again would put us at a bit of a diplomatic disadvantage. We weren't exactly popular last time around. It wasn't just the vietnamese that hated us, by the time we were done nearly every guild on the server who wasn't directly in our alliance hated us.
Since the vietnamese are roleplaying as greek gods, we could always roleplay as a tribe of indians.

It'll come eventually. BD and SV are currently merging, so I'm expecting it'll be soon.

Also, if someone could, please ask Bijis what Wuxia movies he'd recommend. I'm not inclined to log onto steam tbh.

oh jesus christ

A lot of us have moved over to Wulin. I know we got Muha and Body over there. EU version is a little bit less jewish, and there really aren't many people good at fighting so we ended up being a major force.

A new server, though. Gopf damn, I might.

Yeah I'm staying on Wulin too, but good luck on the new server

Eh, knowing the group of people we had last time anyway, we're gonna get into fights rather quick again anyway, so better get the notions out of the way sooner than later anyway.

If you have a better idea for a name that'll let us go under the radar, i'm all for it. I'll probably use my old name though and rip through the scholar school once more.

The boundless sword will be released once more.

I'm not playing on that server with 200 ms. Living in my timezone, I also miss every major event on the server, and I'm many months behind most players in terms of gear and meridians. It's just not fun.
I'd rather just start over on wushu. I'll have new world all to myself, and I'll be able to do dumb things like tang t2 + western fencing

bump

How far behind is wulin compared to wushu? I kinda want to brush up on the knowledge before restarting again.

it's a good bit behind, but i don't think any of the content that they're lacking would be relevant to wushu during t2-t3. It's mostly the subsect stuff as far as I'm aware, which is t5.
However, I don't think wulin has had the changes to the territory system yet, which should be very major on wushu (I haven't experienced it yet).

Wulin has t5 inners but no subsects yet. I'm not sure if they have the territory revamp.

One thing to note is that the translations are different, which can get confusing. Wulin also allows you to buy any cash shop set at any time, rather than wushu's timed release/jade frag system.

nah i'll stick with wulin

I'm really wondering how the territory revamp will affect things. Will we not have a guild war like every other night?
In some ways that's a very good thing, but those guild wars on golden panda were some of the fondest memories I have of this game. Without them, the game is infinitely less stressful, but it also seems like it would be less memorable

are you guys still on GP for now or what?

B-b-but RainClan is on Wushu too.

why should i care where rainclan is if they aren't here? last time i talked to ryu there was barely any "rainclan" left hanging around and they were mostly playing overwatch. sure, they were cool dudes, but i barely got to know them.

No, we stopped playing on golden panda like 9-10 months ago. Some play on wulin, some are waiting on the new server.

Why a new server ?
Is there going to be changes ?
If so, when, and will it be playable from EU ?

Snail will make a new server because that's their business model, and we'll play on it because it's fun.
No changes to coincide with the server release that i'm aware of.
I don't know when, no release date.
You can play it from EU, but you're better off playing on wulin.

I'm getting hype to go noballs clan again and dunk on viets. The main reason I didn't stick with wulin is because none of the fun charge sets were usable at euro ping. Hopefully I can get in early t2 this time around and be at an advantage.

yeah, the game isn't as fun if you can't just lay on your keys (with autohotkey scripts) and automatically cutscene people with your 10 ms

Sifu, teach me how to dunk on Viets.

The key to winning is to chop your balls off, then the secret power is yours. Also have decent ping or you'll just get dumped on.

user….I'm already a eunuch…

I live on the eastern seaboard.

Even the Wushu anons fell for that shit game? What the fuck

I have no idea what the fuck this game is but I keep seeing threads for it pop up.

How do I play with you nerds?

Then just hold the rootless ranged stun for yellow armor interrupts, combo demonic sweep into flirting flautist (flautist looks like it has a knockdown but it actually locks you in animation longer than your enemy while demonic sweep has a slight lock on your enemy), save your rage for the end of the double charge, only use the silence to poke, and jump block a lot after the end of your combo. Also get as much of a speed boost as possible, any speed boost increases the set's damage, not just the parry. This lets you use whatever parry you want.

No, he was referring to RainClan, which is a friendly narutard wulin guild that goofballs (the short-lived Holla Forums guild on wulin) merged into.

you can't, not yet. The new server hasn't been released; a release date hasn't even been announced, but it should be soon enough. They'd be dumb to do it after summer is over. I have a very long copypasta written summarizing events on the old server from my perspective, if you're interested.

bump

If it'll help me not be a complete scrub when I start playing, sure go ahead and post it.

It won't help you, but it'll give you a sense of what to expect, and why this game is worth playing.
Why are you so set on playing a game that you know so little about? I love this game very much, I'd even go as far as to say that it's my favourite game, but there's so little information about this game that's been posted in this thread, you may as well assume that it's some garbage themepark mmo like all of the rest.

bump for interest.

If you want it, hang on. I'll make some edits. I'll post it with all of the original annotations for the accompanying screenshots, but the screenshots won't be included.

On second thought actually, I'd rather not post it here. I'd at least rather have another set of eyes on it first (it's nearly 4,000 words, and I'm sure it doesn't cover even half of the major events). Seek me out in TS once the server starts, and I'll show it to you.

Basic rundown;

Server starts. BodyHarma makes NoHomo, everyone gets in and anarchy ensues. Great misunderstandings and learnings are had because she doesn't know all that much. We have no enemies so far, but everyone knows us as a bunch of scrappers.

We get an offer from a guild named Wuxia. We buy a base and let them take it from us, in return for some friendly relations. They consistently fail to take an empty base and are repelled by nothing at all, get mad, and start killing NoHomo. We defend the base and clock their shit outnumbered 8:1. Wuxia is a zerg guild and defeat makes them lose members left and right. War breaks out, street fights everywhere.

Storm comes along. They want to assimilate Wuxia, and inherit us as enemies. They're stronger, and are headed by a vietnamese oil baron with seemingly endless money. Pay to win starts mattering after a few months of the server starting, and they pull ahead in power.

We fight storm and still manage to account for ourselves. MuhammadPBUH takes over the guild when BodyHarma plays less. Emboldened by our rebellion(apparently Storm is a force on every other server too) we fight bitterly and to the end, even taking territories. We end up merging into Hydra to pool resources, but the move is messy and we lose territories.

The server overall starts bleeding players at this point, when the pay to win starts to really set in. A few of the old guard keep fighting(We'll never forget you, Brobdingnagian, you autistic monstrosity) but most move on either to other games or to Wulin.

This is… oversimplifying. The wars were intense, brutal, stressful, and hype as shit. The street fights were some wuxia film shit. Incredibly strange things happen constantly. Yesterday's enemies were today's friends and tomorrow's rivals. Things were discovered about the game that literally no one has ever discovered before. Mechanics are revealed that make no sense but happen anyway.

Such is life in the Jianghu.

Very over simplified.

Van Darkholme trying to get married with every single female on the server was hilarious shenanigans to watch.

Brob being an autist the highest degree: He was top crafter in like 4-5 different things, including ones that were beat out by god damn bots - WITHOUT a sub.

Herbal hall fights in Chengdu, even though they were the worst god damn ideas.

There were just so many things that people did that made it complete. If you didn't talk or ask questions, you literally couldn't get anywhere because of how confusing and little information there is about this game which is part of the charm and why you get so engrossed. You learn something new EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I'm staying on wulin tho.

If I will have a lag of 300huems anyway I'd rather have them in a good version of the game.

I can't do it again.

So wulin is less jewish and actually has less lag for a yuropoor like me?
Gonna try it then.

Where to go if I wanna join your clan on Age of Wulin?

who oldfag here? RIP Lodesadings ;_;

Crixus wasn't that much of a whale

Checked.
What's the problem?

are you going to play on wulin?
we're not currently playing wushu

Looks like he's trying to download wushu.
What's the Holla Forums clan on wulin called?
I'm almost done patching.

I'm not sure anymore, it's been like a year since I played on Wulin. We were in RainClan at one point. Someone should try to get you set up with someone on steam, the game is impossible to learn by yourself because there's almost no information about the game online.

I've already played a bit back then and don't use steam.

you could try pming Soysauce, that was Bigbo's name, I don't know if he still plays. I think there might've been an accent mark over the o.

Spaghetti can get you in the guild we're camping on.

LOOK ME LOOK ME

There is no Holla Forums guild. I merged us into RainClan after a ton of our people quit for their own reasons. RainClan died out, and now the rest of us are hanging in a normalfag guild called OuterHeaven. Could be worse, they don't really complain about me talking about niggers and jews.

did you ever find Jan on wulin?

Oh fuck. Part of me really hopes alot of the fucks from GP come over for awhile. It'd be nice to mess with them all again.

bump

bump
it's not letting me post mp4s, so embeds only