EMULATION THREAD

Playing with true widescreen the PS1 3D games with PCXS-R + PGXP + 2xBRz +scaled to 1080p + 4GiG Patch +PeteOpenGL2Tweak +overclocked CPU 1,5 and a modded Audio plugin in

this will blow your mind
ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2tweak-tweaker-for-peteopengl2-plugin-w-gte-accuracy-hack.160319/page-60

not going to spoonfeed you but just so you know, it requires a little bit work to get this set up!

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bigsnake09/BallisticNG/releases
libretro.com/index.php/first-ever-revolutionary-n64-vulkan-emulator-coming-soon-only-for-libretro-parallei/
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

casul

no thanks fam 😜

few screens from rage racer..

Well this seems like the right thread to ask.

IS THERE A GOOD 3DS EMULATOR TO PLAY RIDGE RACER ON?

And when is PCSX2 not gonna fuck up emulating Ridge Racer V?

only citra only as beta build

3DS emulating has yet to be a thing, I'm sorry.
Did you check the PCSX2 wiki?

How the fuck does PCSX2 not emulate RR5? That was basically a launch game.

I love squashed aspect ratios

Is it any good? I watched a video of it being emulated and it seemed sluggish.

The wiki says shits fucked, I've tried it numerous times, on different builds, I'm asking when it's not gonna be a bag of jumbled dicks.

Here's a video of what happens when you try to emulate it I think I could get over the fucked up car textures if it ran smoothly, but if you pay attention the game slows down And it does it internally because when I played it PCSX2 reported it was running at 60 Frames**

Well Launch games are kinda a mixed bag of simple and crazy all in an effort to find what works. It uses a weird system to store textures that PCSX2 doesn't know what to do with so it comes out looking like that.

And there's also the fact that Namco's SoulCalibur 3 would fuck up if you messed with anything on your memory card like it took older games into account for save data

yeah, sadly it doesn't work with 2D sprites. but 3D models get scaled correctly.

only works in software mode

How's the Pi-3 for emulation?

Ah. I see. For some reason I thought the rest of it was stretched.

Reminder that N64 emulation a shit a shit

Not like it has any worthwhile games, anyway.
You fucking know I'm right, don't deny it.

Widescreen is for degenerates the only good thing about it is stretching the screen vertically.

A waste of performance so a worse looking game world. Vertical stretch could be done better, without that wasted performance.

Along with higher resolution one of the worst things to have happened to videogames.

A program to take a screenshot, asses if black bars are present and change scaling to suit, activated when program running by a key combination would be useful. To get rid of bars on top and bottom, an option to disregard bars to the side and problem fixed for a multitude of sources. Windows has problems taking screenshots though. Program would need to use it's own method of taking a screenshot.

user. It's just the sprites that aren't correctly stretched. This requires an extra tool for pcsx-r (see link in op)

More racing games need grid girls.

And grid girl interaction.

Can I finally emulate Ace Combat 4, 5, and 0?

the PS1 is on that golden spot where racing games aren't extremely simplistic like road rash or virtua racer and the hardware limitations still force devs to make this unique arcade experience
i started emulatan, recommend me ps1 racing vidya

It's shit

Colin Mcrae 1 + 2
F1 95 and F1 97
TOCA
Gran Turismo 1 + 2
Need for Speed 3
RRT4
Wipeout 2097 and 3SE

Just off the top of my head.

I can't speak for the pi-3 but, I do have a pi-1 model B and that works pretty well for everything up to PS1.

why would I emulate the multiplats on a PC though?

9/10 times it's easier to emulate than to try to get it to work at all/not have weird glitches on PC.

This was back when every system had some different content

so, i was just lurking the web for a few more racing gems, i don't know how i found this

few more screens in true widescreen.

and BoF4 with the widescreen hack. The Game is actually complet 3D.

Those sprites are so damn good

Grandia with Widescreen hack, sadly the gte pixel correction (anti-jitter) doesn't work so good but it's still playable.

wipeout3, looks damn good. all hacks work perfectly.

You realise Wipeout 3 has it's own native widescreen right? Check the options menu.

That looks so fucking good.
How's the gamuplay?

yeah i know. The thing is, the GTE pixel correction hack is used with the widesceen hack in PGXP. To turn it off just for one game doesn't make sense.

great. The polygon jitter is still there but not as bad as before. had to use the overclock hack in PGXP and therefore i had to use the modded audio plugin because all the sounds/voices where off/cutted. But as soon you make it work it is very well playbale.

Ya'll need to check out Ballistic NG. Game made buy a guy in Unity, but it's free so I don't care if it uses horrible tech.

It's still missing some features but Ballistic NG is starting to look pretty decent.
Too bad I suck at it.

I know about it; I've been following along in the dev thread on WZ for a while. I'm not happy he closed source when he put it on steam but he says it's temporary. Still, it's basically what every classic Wipeout fan has dreamed of, a fully moddable classic Wipeout engine. When it's a little more stable I'm going to go to town in that track editor

github.com/bigsnake09/BallisticNG/releases
sounds good. will take a look, tahnks user.

Those screenshots look absolutely disgusting.

get something better

This is like watching someone you love be tortured.
Please, just leave it alone. Leave it in peace. Emulate it as it was. Don't coat it in artificial flavouring to make it more palatable to your plebian tastes. Embrace the games as they were - the pixels, the shit filtering, the vertex swimming, texture warping. All of it form part of the soul of the game, and you've polished it all away.
You're the reason games have become bland product in recent years, with perfectly measured difficulty, carefully portioned gameplay. With nothing politically offensive or challenging. You are the reason developers remove cool features as it confused some retards during round 3 of product testing.
You are the cancer.

hey, user, fuck off. And take you faggotry with you. nigger.

It's exactly why it doesn't emulate well, people who made launch games sometimes did some weird things because the docs and devkits were shit.

/vr/ plz

Only reason to not like it is that it breaks many games and looks like shit on anything that is 2D or mixes sprites and 3D.

i hat ethis too. Racing games looks very good but most 3D/2D rpg always have this mixed stretched image. But i can live with it in Grandia and BoF4/3

I should test Vagrant story.

Oh no! The polygons aren't distorted! How will I live?

jesus christ user you really need to kill yourself

Anyone know how to solve a missing Nunchuck issue in Dolphin? Im using a dualshock 4 through a xinput mapper, i have Dolphin set to Hybrid wiimote, and ive tried disabling wiimote speaker in the settings (which somehow was supposed to work according to google).

Any ideas on what to do?

Fucking eurocucks

Are there any Dreamcast emulators that are actually good?

Summer, user.

Ah, perfect thread for my quesiton:

ANDROID EMULATION. What emulator? What controller? (I have a case of the manhands, so ideally anything xbox 360 size)

Depends what games you want to emulate. Drastic is the only good ds emulator, but costs money. There are only 2 good ps1 emulators, and they both cost money. My boy for gba, snes9x, john nes, mupen 64. reicast is iffy for dreamcast, i absolutly hate the ui with a passion.

YOU WILL NEVER
-EVER PLAY THE BEST VERSIONS OF 6TH GEN MULTIPLATS
-EVER PLAY THE BEST VERSIONS OF 6TH GEN EXCLUSIVES
-EVER EMULATE XBL MATCH MAKING
-EVER EXPERIENCE THOSE EXCLUSIVES AND HIDDEN GEMS
-EVER EMULATE STEEL BATTALION
-EVER EMULATE NINJA GAIDEN BLACK
-EVER EMULATE JSRF
-EVER EMULATE PANZER DRAGOON ORTA
XBOX EMULATOR NEVER EVER

Recently there has been some progress on the og emulator, still a way off though.

Original xbl is unlikely to be emulated - it wasn't just a matchmaking like the Wii/DS/Gamespy was.

System link tunneling between emulators and consoles would be fantastic though.

I was given a gift voucher; paying isn't an issue. What's a good genesis/megadrive one?

I havent had alot of luck with genesis emulators. Try the free ones, see which ones work. Worst case senario you have to use retroarch. Im not sure if there are any genesis emulators thay cost money.

What's a good genesis/megadrive one?

Fusion 3.64 It's free.

When will PSP emulation be perfected? I want to play Project Diva but fuck this input lag is killing me

Actually, what are some good genesis games to emulate? I have a genesis here, but i only have apot goes to hollywood and pitfall for it.

Try Streets of Rage 2. It's a beat 'em up, and one of the best games ever.

Gunstar Heroes is a fun side scrolling shooter by Treasure.

Any of the Sonic games.

Dragon's Fury, if you like video pinball.

Actually, most Nintendo 64 emulators are just half emulators.

N64 emulation on Vulkan happening.

libretro.com/index.php/first-ever-revolutionary-n64-vulkan-emulator-coming-soon-only-for-libretro-parallei/

You fucking disgust me, don't you see how ugly all this shit you're posting is? Especially the sprite elements.

It's not finished though, we still need to port the RSP recompile to retroarch for this to work. But it'll be done soonish. Also, you'll need vulkan, and CRT shaders are a must for this to *actually* look good

Yes, because I totally want to play HL2 on a fucking Xbox.
>mfw Xfags still think their console was worth a shit outside like nine games
>mfw even the fucking GameCube had more good games than the Xbox

Not everyone played their videogames on the same shitty RF tv you had.

Graphicswhore plz

I didn't own a GC. I did own an Xbox, though. I'm mostly mad when people try to act like it was amazing when I clearly remember it having fuckall good exclusives when compared to the PS2. All the fanboys of it have to shout "muh multiplats" because they've got so few good exclusives. Yes, I know it's got Steel Battalion and MWC, but have fun paying an arm and a leg being able to actually play either of those.

The widescreen hack displays more than the native one

I know your heart is in the right place but they know not the depths of their faggotry and will turn a blind eye.

Pretty good, actually. Though n64 is basically russian roulette. Goldeneye goes at about a frame per minute, and Rogue Squadron is Rogue Squadron. Everything else is perfect, though. Even dreamcast with a little overclocking.

Odroid seems pretty good, a lot of horsepower for a SoC. More expensive than a pi, though, which was my draw to it.

Do you flip your shit too when people play PS2 games on anything but native res?

What do anons not understand about the word widescreen hack. ?

What do (1)'s not understand about reading threads?

How's DS emulation on it?

If you have an xperia play you can use the offical sony one. I've only tried it with Crash 1-3 (Crash 1 having come pre-installed) and it works pretty well.

Cancer: The Post

I have a chink andoid i got for relativly cheap. Epsxe works good enough for most people.

What happened? All the settings are even the same as before.

the greatest emulator ever, better than original hardware trust us the pc is the best ever! You don't need the original hardware, no way!

oh im not offering a solution to your problem, obviously your pc is just shit, your fault. maybe you need to buy intel and nvidias latest hardware and you can run dolphin :^)

Is this plebbit?

Vita emu when?

Vulkan can't use cg or glsl shaders and no one has ported a good CRT shader to the new format.

Never because the VITA scene is full of moralfag and without their help there's little hope anyone will ever be able to do it.

Hey look, a console peasant is projecting!
More at eleven!

Try using openGL

Try killing yourself

xbox's cost like 25 dollars, if you can't afford that? Kinda sad. Also no one thinks HL2 is better on the Xbox, although it's definitely notably different compared to the PC version, especially the current PC version circa 2016 which is an absolutely bastardized version of the original game.

Still, there are far better exclusives on the Xbox, and just because a game is on the PC, doesn't mean it's the best version to play. Many PC ports, especially of the time, were a fucking joke.

Unless you're seriously considering buying games like MWC when the .iso has been on the internet for years.

that looks like voxels.

I can fucking run PSX games on a pepsi can attached to a AAA battery but fuck me if I want to play PS2 games on something I spent an assload of money on.

Every emulation thread this is passed around

Every emulation thread it's ignored that both screenshots are from emulators

Is there any way to run banjo tooie on android without it crashing or using retroarch?

Quick! List PS2/Wii/NGC games that can be played with 3 players at once!

wow ive never had trouble with any emulator besides ps3 emulator and psp when it was just released.

post your settings and your rig stats.

I would ban you if I was a mod. For being reddit cancer. Don't fucking use a text wall to demand that we conform to your bullshit standards. Blow me.

Majora

Ape Escape Pumped and Primed. It will require a bit of tweaking to play and it's transparent transitions are a bit off, but it's pretty flawless.

You are probably confused by the game running exactly like it did on the original hardware. Shadow of the Colossus ran like shit. Emulation is not going to magically make it run at more than 15 fps.

I don't have my PCSX2 settings because I deleted it after finding out I can't run shit.

you shouldn't have a problem with this rig.

What exactly is it then? I can't run a single fucking game besides ZoE 2 decently no matter what settings I put shit at. Is there something with the default settings that make everything shit? Some sort of hidden option that assrapes everything?

buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:89b122538ad63bbf7f192b43d10d2f29d522e739&dn=ps2+bios+package+including+rom1+bin+rom2+bin+erom+bin+and+loads+of+scph+bios&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

You the fucking man.

mdapt and lanczos2-sharp work pretty well together tbh

i like it more sharp, second iamge is better. But everyone likes it different.

ok, tested vagrant story with all teh hacks (widescreen+xBRz+anti-jitter and so on)

Looks damn good, game is full 3D so everything is correctly stretched to 16:9.

Is banjo kazooie supposed to have lag on virtual console on the wii/wii u?

Been playing Me and My Katamari on PPSSPP; anyone know or have an idea of how to fix this fucked up sky? It gets progressively worse throughout the level until I'm completely blind. Doesn't happen on all levels.

take a look at the ppsspp forum, normaly there is a thread for each game. i would try to keep the original texture ratio (1:1) had the same issue with outrun.

I'm trying to get citra to work but it requires ms visual c++ 15 to work and microsoft isn't allowing me to update on my cracked windows 7 copy.

God I hate microsoft so much.

Here you go:

It tells me I'm a "victim of counterfeiting".

Download the redistributable I linked. It does not use windows update.

Well somethings gone wrong.

That sucks. Time to learn how to properly pirate Windows, I guess.

Oh for fucks sake, this is properly pirated.

Why do you even want to bother, even the best PC money can buy right now can't get more than 30 fps in most games.

Also how the fuck did you mess up cracking windows 7?

It's obviously not. I installed the redis without any problems.

What could be the problem here, I installed previous versions just fine.

I wanna play ocarina 3ds.

You could try disabling the Windows Update service.

Worst case: You installed an update that breaks your crack. In that case you might have to reinstall, and not install that update again.

Yeah you're not doing that unless you want to play the game at a third of the normal speed.

[Checked]
sorry user.

actually just the widescreen hack you moron. xBRz is just on 2, so no overuse of this.

but i guess you are just one of those retro-keep-it-real faggots who force their opinion on everyone else.

take a stick and push it up your anus, nigger.

you have to validate your windows.

from the looks of it it looks like you have windows 7 or vista.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:70ACA69A4FAB1CABBDD5C270583DE5B2E036720F&dn=wat+remover+for+windows+7+solve+for+windows+not+genuine&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce