Dynasty Warriors

Which is the best kingdom and why is it Shu?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaochan
store.steampowered.com/app/348470/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The one that has the hottest chicks with the bounciest titties is clearly the best.
What's that mudhut kingdom with that brown bushlady that throws knives?

I always wanted to play these games. Can I start in any order?

Lu Bu's kingdom

I consider DW7 to be the best entry point and it also has the hypest story mode of all that i've played so far.

When i first played DW7 this was the very first song that came up as i started playing the game and i was IMMEDIATELY drawn in.

I don't think it's actually a kingdom but is it Zhurong you're talking about?

Yeah, it's more or less the same story but with bits added on with each game.

yes you can , i start at dynasty warrior 8 .

at 1st it may sound confusing but that s because the campaign work like that:

do and full campaign of this said kingdom.
(basicly event of year -100 to 0)
do that said kingdom campaign and do even during year -50 to 50)
do the said kingdom campaign from -25 to 75
etc …

the number are arbitrary it s to give you an idea)

DW8 any good? Last one I played was 5, it was the edition that let you play as an officer to some guy's army and you eventually get their weapon, their combos, an army and being able to do ambushes and raid castles and shit and possibly backstab your kingdom or do a double agent deal, it was great

Also what's the difference between Empires and Xtreme Legends?

empires replaces story with basic 4x gameplay and xtreme legends is an expansion meant to be played with main game (in case of 8, if you only buy xtreme legends without main game you can only play lubu campaign and a few bonus missions for each other faction, and all the new game modes introduced with XL)

Empires is more along the line of role-playing instead of the story the main series gives you. You can rule a kingdom of your own or serve under a general. Battles are more "tactical" I use quotes for the word since it just ends up you using a couple of battle modifiers like fire arrows and the like to set enemy bases on fire, demoralize/hurt troops etc…

Extreme Legends is sort of an side-story expansion.

Why do they look like white men with pointy eyebrows?

Do asians hate themselves? Thats pretty cucked asian behavior.

Wu then.

The Three Kingdoms is super awesome, I actually watched a 95 episode series that I got off kick-ass that follows the book very closely.

Shu was the best kingdom, but all 3 kingdoms had tragic flaws that ultimately prevented unification.

Xtreme Legends it is then.

Do you anons happen to know of what the DW5 mode I was talking about is called and whether or not it's in DW8?
You start off making a peasent character and you pick any of the characters to serve under, after the first fight they give you their weapon and you can level up combos and shit and they really like or hate you depending on how good you did in a level and eventually you get promoted up to their bodyguard or like a secondary officer with your own army, and from what I remember serving each character had it's own ending(though I can't recall if it was unique or not)

Also how's the PC port on DW8?

It sounds like something from Empires to be honest, however I never did play 5 only 4/6/7 so I don't know if they ended up putting in a game mode like that and I last played 7 like 5 years ago so I can't remember if any of the others had something like that.

I know in 7 (I think) they had something called conquest mode where you roamed around China talking to all the major, and minor main characters in the series and fought with them. But I'm pretty sure you could only play as the main characters and couldn't create your own.

No idea about DW8 PC.

Wiki says Destiny Mode, featured solely in DW5 Xtreme Legends.

Wasn't there a new feature about breeding with other generals to make horrible children?

Don't remember which game has that.

I think it was the latest Empire game.

I guess there is no Samurai version of it yet? I like samurais more than chinese warlords.

So about DW8's PC port?

I don't think there's a single Samurai Warriors game on PC yet
Might happen though.

Fuck off Liu Bei, Wei is the only way and you don't even have a beard anymore without previous-game-appearance costumes.

Lu Bu however is an acceptable alternative choice

I just want to play gaijin renkoku breeding japanese girls like Rance would do.

Well there's Samurai Warriors 4 Empires but I haven't played it so I don't know if you can breed samurais in it.

My nigga, Wei and Lu Bu are clearly the best choices.
Wei=Lu Bu>>>Shu>>>Wu

What are your favorite generals, Holla Forums?

Mine was Guan Yu, I was a fan of the historical figure and ingame it did not disappoint.

Tadakatsu Honda>>>>>>>>>Lu Bu. Prove me wrong

Swap Wu and Shu's positions for me since Shu actually has people worth a damn that aren't Pang Tong to play as now but in the process Pang Tong is pretty bad now and I can only think of really three or four Shu characters that left an impression on me (hilariously at least one or two of them were potential Wei recruits or were in Wei at one point or another), meanwhile I couldn't find a character that flat-out bored me in Wu besides the crossbow girl because projectile weapons in musou games are garbage 95% of the time.

Cao Cao's always been my favorite for the voice if nothing else but I like that they've established something of a duality between Liu Bei and Cao Cao as optimistic idealism and heroism vs. ruthless practicality and meritocracy. They're both good leaders but Cao Cao's not quite so starry-eyed.

Though as far as story goes it always seemed like Wu was just kind of there.

I don't understand all the bitching about ROTK XIII, it's like people expected another ROTK XI without knowing the franchise always tries to reinvent itself

Was Zhang He gay

Xiahou Dun is the first character I ever played, mained him ever since and Wei is my favorite kingdom, but I like Zhao Yun's movesets and in DW8E I basically always play Zhao Yun with the RotK costume(because I love the more grounded costumes and a white and blue army looks amazing), fuck Shu though.

Zhao Yun for me, he's been a favourite since I first played him in DW2.

Lu Bu is second because I have a soft spot for badass guys that fight for the sake of fighting.

I see your points but I would have to agree with Wu was forgettable. All I remember about them is their love of boats. It seems like user said that its Wei vs. Shu and Wu happens to pop up to make it seem like the war is getting worse.

Xiahou Dun forever.

Who has the best women
Sexiest woman = best kingdom

Come on man I need to are that jiggle

You're talking about destiny mode in DW5XL. It's a shame they never tried it again, it was quite enjoyable. The closest you'll ever get to it is probably playing officer mode in DW6:empires.

I'm not sure if they did that when you did your double agent deal but it was devestating to hear anyways.

Even more devastating is doing the double agent deal and then when you go back to your original faction you're now under the command of the guy who told you to be a double agent instead of your original officer

Why are chinks so obsessed with that shitty mexican soap opera tier novel anyway?

Lu Bu was like a nuclear bomb without a control panel. Enjoy being fucked.

GuanYu is ultimately the most fondly remembered of everyone, a quasti-diety in China still, but he still died because of an idiot move.

Wu had 2 hotties married to the king and his brother, whose name I forgot, later Cao Cao took them into his harem because he literally collected defeated generals wives.

Lu bu had the ultimate best girl though.

genuine question tho

Who was Lu Bu's waifu? I'd like to pursue her

Halt! Pigs should stay quiet in their pens!

As with the classics of the western canon; it invented much of the storytelling techniques and narrative mechanics that we take for granted today.

Seinfeld effect on the scale of an entire medium.

If you succeed in your double agent scheme, your officer from the kingdom you tricked will still react like this.
I've never had to work under the officer who offered you to be the double agent though. I always managed to get back to my main nigga Zhang He

Diaochan.

He goes into an autistic fit of rage when someone beats her.

Diaochan, the charmer.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaochan

Yeah but the west has several classics, the chinese seem more stuck on Rot3K than FPSs are on CoD.
I get that they like that crap but I don't understand why the complete obsession.

I know your trolling, but –
Why is "The South" obsessed with the civil war?
Why is Europe obsessed with Knights?
Why is Japan obsessed with the Samurai?

Lu Bu may be a bomb, but it is fun as fuck to play him and rape the other armies. Just like the yellow turbans and Zhang Jiao, where in 5 you can convert the 3 armies to your side and become the ruler.

You're mistaken.

There isn't an obsession.

You realise that these games are all made by the Japanese right? I have no idea how you have developed the perception that Chinese popular culture is in any way more aware of RotK than the West is of Beowulf, but you're incredibly mistaken.

Is there an infinite survival mode similar to DW5's Xtreme Mode in DW8? Or at least something that gets pretty damn hard and can be played for a long time?

I think his best moveset was in 8, where he straight up lifts a poor bastard by his head and smashes him into the ground.

The South hasn't made 900 movies and video games about anything but the civil war.
Europe made movies and games about stuff other than knights.
Japan can do stuff other than samurais too, sentai, weeaboo waifu simulators, jpop fantasy XI.

Chinese do other shit too your just being a retard now.

Besides bootlegs?
I've played around 4 different chinese mmos and they were all about Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, I mean like this user said , the west isn't stuck on Beowulf to this age, I just don't get why the Chinese are so obsessed with a single piece of literature even if it is their biggest master piece.

Chinese can copy lots of other shit too more like.

Isn't Omega Force/Koei jap?

Thank you for telling me you're trolling.

I assume you're either the autist musou hating nintendrone that's STILL mad that Hyrule Warriors is so popular, or one of the musou hating Berserkfags who's going to spend 600 hours in the game despite going up to (38) in every Berserk thread about how much musou sucks.

I'm neither user, I enjoy the games just played 7 and 5 I just don't understand why a single setting gets so much exposure at the expense of everything else.

It. Doesn't

Go to China and ask people about RotK, see how many people know what the fuck you're talking about. Everything you say is pure armchair assumption based on the massive stereotypes you have in your head. Just because RotK is literally the only thing about China that you personally know, doed not mean the Chinese are obsessed with it.

Is China even obsessed with anything? Besides Michael Bay movies I guess.

Fuck off Zhuge Liang.

I'm not saying every single chinese is obsessed with it, but the chinaboos are always either stuck on it or chinese food.
I'm just saying Rot3K is probably the single most exploited setting on Earth.

Worst thing about it, is that people can never even answer why.
Nevertheless I'll just stop interrupting the thread with this pointless question since it's clearly not getting anywhere.

Rice, pork and money. Occasionally also pandas and umbrellas.
Go figure.

You are determining this purely on your own personal experience and so again you are MASSIVELY mistaken; your level of narcissim is incredible, to the extent that I wouldn't be surprised if you have a type 2 personality disorder.

So wait will I need a monster PC to play DW8 or not? I've got an itch to play musou now since I haven't in so long

I can play it just fine and my computer is one step away from being a potato.
You don't need the latest hardware to play it, it doesn't put much pressure on your PC.

Sorry faglord, can't hear you over being Shu being loved.

Bet u follow Dong Zhuo.

Basically you are "wordly" as the average Chinese dude who thinks every foreigner is either white OR black and plays basketball and has hamburgers and pizza for every meal while chilling to Michael Jackson. I've worked in Shanghai, they were obsessed with Wc3, WoW, Starcraft, CS and Dota, now they just all play LoL. Please, just stfu.

Shu was run by liu bei, who actually wasnt that great (or benevolent) of a leader, he needed guan yu and zhang fei to act as bulldogs to maintain control.

liu bei eventually dies and puts his autistic son in charge.

Wei was strong and managed to control large areas of land. he unified barbarians like saddam.

Wu were the only ones with a true claim to the throne, and were the only people fit to lead.

zhurongs people were stinky poo in the loos.

Lubu is a total badass, but his people are weak. Lubu was also a victim of don juan rape.

I wonder if Tencent has everything anything to do with that.

Sweet, thanks man.

You seem to have clearly missed the point, why does China never produce any games with settings besides the 3 kingdoms and seem so stuck on that one single setting?
How popular Starcraft or WoW are has nothing to do with my question.
Not that I'm expecting answers anyway seem the mere question seems to trigger people, but the equivalent would be if the west was still making nothing but WW1 movies and games forever.

I just really don't like chinese culture/art style for some reason

Factually wrong.

Inability to accept an objective world that exists outside ones own perceptions and belligerence when faced with perceptions and other subjectives that challenge ones own self constructed worldview are classic symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

You are determining this purely on your own personal experience and so again you are MASSIVELY mistaken.
You literally believe that China is producing nothing but RotK movies.

You should be the subject of a /cow/ thread not posting on a videogames board.

First of all, China didn't make this game, Japan did, and all the games about 3Kingdoms your dumb ass has every played are likely made in Japan, so blame the Japanese. China has a shit-ton of crappy MMOs and games full of magic-ish rpg-ish themes that can generally be classified as "medieval" (fictional) and sometimes magically, just like Europe has. Also, Kungfu has nothing to do with 3K so all that shit is a separate genre.
Again, You have no fucking idea what your talking about, gtfo,ty

This I think is a chinese made game.

That's the one.

Seriously did you fall off the shortbus?

Wow, why are the Italians so obssessed with Spiderman?

Wow, why is the Belgian nation so obsessed with crime?

Literally everything the French create is about Napoleon, what is their deal?

Why are the Chinese so obsessed with Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It's literally all they do?

You can try Dynasty Warriors 5 if you have a shitty toaster but it will be a pain in the ass looking for a download link (I'm still looking for one)

Nigga please, you could have at least tried to google.
store.steampowered.com/app/348470/

Unless you have a completely junk toaster it should be able to handle DW8.

Dynasty warriors 5 for pc is nippon only.
You'll have a lot more luck just emulating the ps2 one.
However, the destiny mode is only in the extreme legends version and story mode is only in the basic version.

That's pretty fucking rad actually, I might play that as well.

Runs as well as DW8?

Hmmm weird i remember playing it on pc without the chinese bullshit.

Oh fuck me it was Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper, it's even more weird since both games looks the same.

SW4-II has as much content as an expansion pack but is being sold at the same price as a full sized game. There's also no real point playing it if you haven't already played SW4.

Well I can quite safely say that I have absolutely no idea
Few quick searches however said that it should be around same levels in performance

Well fuck me I'm an idiot.
There is actually an western pc release called Dynasty warriors 5 Special.

Not quite western since the only actual version of Dynasty Warriors 5 Special i found was the chinese one.

The last SW I played was Xtreme Legends 1.

Also I'm not actually buying any of these.

Why do they look like westerners?

Well china is to the west from japan :^)
But yeah, apparently all versions of 5 on pc are asian only.

The real question here is, What fucking version did i just played.

Titties melt the brain, user.

I'd bet on either:
Dynasty warriors 4 Hyper, or Dynasty warriors 6.
(The only 2 games I could confirm had EU/US pc release before 8)

Hmm, it has to be Dynasty warriors 4 hyper because Dynasty Warriors 6 didn't ran on this piece of shit toaster.

Fa Zheng = best Shu character

Ginchiyo Tachibana.

I might actually have to go buy a controller to play this game. ;(

I'd certainly recommend it, Warriors games with a keyboard sounds pretty awkward.

why is dynasty warriors gundam 3 so shit, its like they barely tried to make the gundams play any different

x x x y a x x x y *inf

shit tier waifu for a shit tier general. Lu Bu's an overrated faglord

DW7 is a great entry point, but unfortunately it's the last good DW so your only path from there is backwards.

Vanilla 8 is where the franchise jumped the shark and became pure shit. More moves, more characters, more mobility options, but the AI is pants on head retarded, the game balance is complete shit, and the difficulty is nonexistent. It's a flashy button-masher that punishes skillful play and has zero mechanical depth. AI will stand around and do nothing but occasionally block to waste your time, and will only fight back with an (invincible and uninterruptable) Musou attack if you dare to go for an actual combo. No, seriously, the AI is hardcoded to ALWAYS do a Musou attack if you juggle them for more than 9 hits. They're otherwise completely passive, so you just mash buttons and win.

5 has the most content, best XL expansion, and most robust Empires mode, but 7 has the better combat mechanics, more diverse movesets, and hype (but very content-barren) story mode. Pick your poison.

The DW5 mode you were talking about was likely the Xtreme Legends expansion.

DWG3 runs off Dynasty Warriors 8 as a base, so it's piss-easy and lacks any meaningful depth.

Forgot my embed. Might as well add in that while DW8 is complete shit, it has some of the best music. The overtures and themes for each kingdom, culminating in a rocking rendition of all three combined for The Battle of Chi Bi, is fucking amazing. Embed related.

So your complaints are all for Vanilla8 , do you know if XL is any better?

XL has all of the same problems. They only thing they fixed was making the break attacks manual and nerfing their damage, but even that doesn't change the shitty weapon triangle system. Hilariously, they tried to patch out the Cyclone instant kills, but managed to make it even more powerful. For context, Cyclone is a weapon enhancement that allows you to do damage through a guard. The damage buff is so large that you end up doing more damage to blocking enemies than if they weren't blocking at all, and since that's the only thing the AI does you can see how easily it snaps the game in half.

Are you still butthurt, Cao Cao?

So would you recommend 7 to get back into this then? Last game I played was 5 and 5: Empires on the PS2 but i've been wanting to try and play this again.

It literally always is no matter the Warriors game.

Nobunaga was here, Cao Cao is a faggot

we all know who is the best Nobunaga

Shu Master Race

Wang Yi and the Jin tsundere are the moat fuckable chicks. Goddamn look at those titties.

Cow Cow did nothing wrong and Liu Bei behaved like a huge hypocrite, and had delusions of being in Chinese NFL.

More like best at being BTFO

Anyone got that Zhuge Liang's Cold steel image? Saw it here and cracked me up.

the only thing that "bother" me in DW 8 Empire is the fact that you dont have English voice .

and it s not that i like english dub, no, it s because i love the english version of Lu Bu.

so yea other than Jamieson Price, i wouldn t care less about english dub.

Got u fam

DW8XL has the best stage out of every musou game.

It really nails the feeling on running on unadulterated hype.
Shame you can't play with Lingqi on story mode.

I played a game from this series once but didn't understand anything. I don't think there was a campaign or anything. I started as Zhuge Liang, trying to form my kingdom I think. Combat was stupidly easy, I was simply going against hundreds of man and killing everyone in seconds. Everything in game felt weird for some reason and I felt retarded

So, what exactly are those games? What's your goal in them, etc?

Rape as much Chinese peasants as you can while listening to bants between Super sayian Chinese Lords.

I like using Ling Tong, he's fast and his nunchucks are fun to use.

I was kind of pissed that Sima Yi got away with stepping directly into a fucking trap.

To kick ass and collect waifus.

dude … it was pretty much explicit
DW8:E = God emperor simulator

you go there and ANNIHILATE all thoses peasant
———————-

or, if you are more into anime/mythic

Gilgamesh simulator
if so you must chose flying sword as weapons

it may be even more "credible" as even his theme match DW theme in my opinion