Controller Thread

I need reccomendations for a good arcade stick, flight stick, and steering wheel.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mayflash-Universal-Arcade-Fighting-Playstation-3/dp/B0015PHMFU?ie=UTF8&keywords=mayflash universal&linkCode=sl1&linkId=42c5f6fb957841a72f5c034b90aa04f7&qid=1457475800&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&sr=8-1&tag=amazon0240-20
amazon.com/XBOX-360-Official-Arcade-Stick-Fight/dp/B001E42H34?ie=UTF8&keywords=xbox hori&linkCode=sl1&linkId=c583cc29972b8ad56ed6a01b65ba42b5&qid=1457558684&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&sr=8-9&tag=amazon0240-20
amazon.com/F300-Mayflash-Arcade-Fight-Joystick/dp/B019MFPLC0?ie=UTF8&keywords=xbox one arcade stick&linkCode=sl1&linkId=fee2c16d2e65253f601c4b2c594db955&qid=1457551565&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&sr=8-4&tag=amazon0240-20
smile.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Stick-Mini-PlayStation-4/dp/B014KXMEW4/
amazon.com/Qanba-Q4-Q4RAF-Black-Fightstick/dp/B007SGGLZW
amazon.com/Marvel-Capcom-Tournament-Stick-Xbox-360/dp/B004QJKK9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aren't steering wheel controllers just a gimmick? Or am I being retarded here?

It depends how much time you spend playing racing games

They're pretty decent but I don't know that they're worth the price. Then again I've spent way too much on flight sticks in my life.

What's your budget and do you know anything about your preferences?
I generally recommend a Thrustmaster Warthog on the high end and the T16000m on the budget end, but I like a heavy stick with a high resistance. Also despite calling the T16000m "budget," it's a great stick, just has a shit button layout on the base. Also, it can be used left-handed, and dual-sticking with it is becoming more popular in 6DOF games.
If you like a lighter pull, I hear CH Products is the way to go, but I can't actually judge for myself on their sticks.
I hear endless complaints about Saiteks and Logitechs crapping out.

my budget would be about $50-100, completely new to the hardware so I don't have any preferences.

I would like to buy a flight stick to play Freespace 2 sooner or later, but I have no idea of what to buy. You have any recommendations?

Sorry, I'm tired. polite sage

I'd highly recommend the T16000 then, personally.
It's the same electronics from their $300 top of the line stick in a $45 package. Mediocre base buttons but that's what keyboards are for, and you can always get a nice throttle if you really get into the genre.

Same.
Again, unless you happen to know that you hate heavy joysticks, which some people do. I hate light, "wobbly" ones personally.

The cost-effective solution: just get any arcade stick for the Genesis, SNES, or Playstation + an adapter to USB.

Any recommendations for arcade sticks?

Any one know where I can get a good arcade/fight stick for a good price?

well, first you'd have to define "good price"

average seems to be around $150 new, give or take

Would something like these be any good, I'm not looking for top of the line hardware.

amazon.com/Mayflash-Universal-Arcade-Fighting-Playstation-3/dp/B0015PHMFU?ie=UTF8&keywords=mayflash universal&linkCode=sl1&linkId=42c5f6fb957841a72f5c034b90aa04f7&qid=1457475800&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&sr=8-1&tag=amazon0240-20

amazon.com/XBOX-360-Official-Arcade-Stick-Fight/dp/B001E42H34?ie=UTF8&keywords=xbox hori&linkCode=sl1&linkId=c583cc29972b8ad56ed6a01b65ba42b5&qid=1457558684&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&sr=8-9&tag=amazon0240-20

amazon.com/F300-Mayflash-Arcade-Fight-Joystick/dp/B019MFPLC0?ie=UTF8&keywords=xbox one arcade stick&linkCode=sl1&linkId=fee2c16d2e65253f601c4b2c594db955&qid=1457551565&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&sr=8-4&tag=amazon0240-20

Both the mayflash sticks you posted are mini versions of their regular sticks, which is fine except that generally you want something a bit heavier and more spaced out in your hands, but that's just preferences. I have the aus/UK version that goes under the brand name venom, in their full sized model for ps4/ps3/PC, and while the board and box are decent, the stick and buttons themselves are shit and needed replacing. To replace them is easy but you will have to add another $50 or so on top of the price (depending on where you live) to get sanwa or seimitsu parts. Depending on how serious you are with your fighting or arcade games, and the cost/benefit, you might want to consider a hori real arcade pro, which already contains decent stick and button parts.

I also have the 360 stick you posted, and I wouldn't recommend it since it also requires part replacement, and also won't play PlayStation, which is where most new fighting games of note are released. If that isn't an issue then it is also somewhat lightweight.

If you are just casually interested in fighting games then you may as well stick to a controller, otherwise you need to spend money.

On second look the mayflash f300 you posted is the regular one, and out of the three I would recommend it.

I personally have this mini Hori stick; smile.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Stick-Mini-PlayStation-4/dp/B014KXMEW4/
I love it, the small size isn't much of an issue for me and I got used to using a stick pretty quick. It works on PC when in PS4 mode and for games like SFV you can just use JoyToKey.

Here is a good thread/fightstick buying guide OP:

>>>/fighters/3609

Those guys know better than me but I had this same problem last year. I ended up settling on a Qanba Q4:

amazon.com/Qanba-Q4-Q4RAF-Black-Fightstick/dp/B007SGGLZW

It's really comfy and works great for PC/360/PS3. If you order one directly from the company you'll pay a bit more but it's worth it to get extra parts shipped in with it although it does come with a headset and a few extra buttons. I wen't ahead and got the other two gates (octo/circle) with mine but I rarely used them, after getting used to it I prefer the square gate.

It works on the PS4 as a legacy controller when I need to use it for SFV at a friend's house.

Been looking into modding it. If older console support is important to you (Dreamcast begin my main one) go over that thread I cross linked before you decide on anything.

My friend has used this stick for several years, he leaves it at my place now so I mess around on it sometimes:

amazon.com/Marvel-Capcom-Tournament-Stick-Xbox-360/dp/B004QJKK9M

It's pretty comfy too and there are a lot of used ones out there that people are trying to get rid of. I wouldn't give $300 for it or buy it new. Don't buy a used one for any more than $100 or so, not even sure I'd go that high.

If you can try out some sticks before you eventually decide on one. I got lucky and bought the Q4 blind and ended up liking it a lot but you don't want to drop that kind of money on a controller you end up hating.

Also, don't pay anyone to work/mod sticks for you it's easy to do yourself. They are pretty much built to open up and work on. I wouldn't buy a smaller stick than the two I've linked just in case you decide to do some modifications, the extra space comes in handy.

Also, if you need something to tide you over there are some madcatz sticks out there with some abuse on them going for very cheap used ($20-$60 range). You might have to open it up and clean the gunk out of the buttons but it's good enough to play on until you settle on buying something new. It also comes in handy if you have friends over that don't want to use a pad.

Bump!

What's a good controller for PC-playan?

I've been using xbox360 and it sure fits like a glove but man otherwise this is such a cheap low-quality plastic junk that i'd rather have something moreā€¦ solid on my hands that doesnt feel like it'l break any moment.

I recommend hori fighting stick mini.

its very nice if a bit loud.

What's a good controller for an android phone?
I picked one up because my PSP died and I needed something to play music, browse the web, and play emulators on but the on-screen controls suck dick.

iPega has several options. I got a 9023 because it has a holder for tablets up to 10", but other models may be better for a smaller phone.

How's the BGM0028?
Any ideas on it? I just like the layout of it.

Brand new to phones so I have no idea where to even start looking, and all the controllers look kinda crappy anyways.

Don't buy a racing wheel unless 1) you play hardcore racing simulators or 2) you drive in virtual reality. But if you do, don't go with anything less than G25. Pic related is a quite decent wheel, minus frame-fixed paddles which is retarded because exactly 1 real car uses that shit and the rest have wheel-mounted paddles.

There's wheels and flight sticks on sale on amazon if you have prime or your free trial left.

What should I get fams? DS3, DS4, X360 pad or a Boner pad? I mostly use a controller for THPS games and for emulating shit.

I wanted to buy a wheel just to play daytona USA with it, I'm guessing those wheels probably wouldnt work well with emulators?

Get a Dualshock 1 controller and adapter for 3D
Then get a JP Saturn controller and adapter for 2D
All you need until you need a special peripheral like wheel, stick, or fightstick

The problem with anything older than a dualshock 3 is that they don't support pressure sensitive buttons. but then again, mgs is the only game that I know of that utilizes this stupid ass gimmick