ITT: games people say are good but actually aren't

ITT: games people say are good but actually aren't.

ITT: threads people say are good but actually aren't

SHIT THREAD

Overwatch
Team Fortress 2
Super Mario 3D World
Smash 4
W101
LoL
DOTA 2

Your favorite game.

I will never hate Resident Evil 4 simply because when you shoot someone they actually respond and I think that's the single most important factor for any game where you have a gun. seriously, so many games just have the enemy grunt or wiggle and that's it.

lol

My only problem with it is it doesn't know what it wants to be, a survival horror shooter or an action shooter. The gameplay clashes way too fucking much sometimes.

:^)
GTA V
Crusader Kings II
The Witcher
Every warhammer game ever
7 Days to die
Rust
DayZ
Amnesia
Every Anno after 1602
Everything from japan
Everything involving Comics
Black Mirror
Legacy of Khain series
Doom (all of them)
Quake (All of them)
FPS in general
RTS in General
Games in General
especially your favorite :^)

Whatever kid

I like to think of it as a shooter with some kind of spooky segments. sort of like how no one would call MGS3 a rail shooter even though the climax of the game is literally that.

anything by Yoko Taro

dude straight up admitted in interviews that he just copies ideas that are popular at the time in an attempt to boost sales

Fair enough, but sometimes you get to shit like the dogs and it makes me feel like the devs didn't realize shit that fast requires fast movement, aka not RE4.

I like how Holla Forums complains about pixelshit when the stuff in this game is so bad you can't even tell what half the shit is supposed to be.

MGS2
most JRPGs
FTL
Every Pokemon
Xenoblade Chronicles

you might want to get an eye exam then.

Nice guesswork user.

You're smalltime, OP.

Daily reminder that unpopular opinion threads are reddit threads.

Marrowind

Writhe in my cage of torment, my friend

ever notice how sadler looks like Putin?

The only huge flaws of the RE4 are shit outdated controls and the level design of last 3/4 of the game.

I tried to like The Witcher and Witcher 2, but I found them to both be really boring and repetitious.

RE4 knows what it wants to be just fine. It's just that some people want it to be something else.

Isn't that more because of the perspective? I don't think it's possible to make anything really clearly identifiable in a top-down viewpoint, because you can't possibly have a familiar visual reference for anything, unless you frequently pilot helicopters over roofless buildings in your daily life.

See, I would have said that "garbage bin" is a lamp, and your washer and dryer aren't connected to anything.

I gotchu user. Really wanted to enjoy it, but just couldn't.

Did we get a fresh batch of Redditors today or something?

I would actually find these threads any interesting if people did anything other than list the games.
You know, like actually fucking saying what you don't like about them, as subjective as it may be, so that at least some fucking discussion can take place, rather than a bait circlejerk.

Dark Souls
Resident 4
Metal Gear

qt pls kek

Reddit: The Thread

Honestly i didn't really like STALKER, dragons dogma, or E.Y.E

Look at this fucking loser thinking we care about his opinion. Adorable.

STALKER is more of a unique experience than a truly perfect game. DD is just boring, and EYE is just broken.

pic related

HE
makes unpopular opinion threads because its the only place where his shit taste will ever be accepted

Alright OP, what boss are you stuck on? What did you dislike about the game so far?

It made sense when I found out the games are pretty much fan service to the novels by CDPR. The books are WAY better than anything the games could hope to be.

What else would you assume them to be?

Because these threads are just excuses for people to just to say "this is bad" because "I don't like it" or "it may make someone on Holla Forums mad" while not expecting to actually partake in actual discussion.

A friend loaned me "The Last of Us" (ps4 version) and I completed it while I was away from home and had nothing but my console. It's unbelievably bad but at the same time I can see how it's believed to be good; it has all the right pieces to attract critics and people who know nothing about games.

0. super easy "puzzles" that really aren't, but they make you feel good when you solve them
1. easy, linear action
2. no interesting surprises
3. stock characters
4. melodrama, eg. people acting like morons because the plot demands conflict

This is probably a weird topic but I find that game horrible + fascinating just because it's the perfect "product", not game, and it's the ultimate example of everything wrong with games today. People shit-talk this game but I actually finished it so I feel more qualified than some.

what an accurate post

i hope there are many more to come

Dragons dogma was praised by console users, when it finally released on pc it was outdated, ugly and had mediocre gameplay.
Doom was technically impressive when it came out but its just a maze and people praise it due to nostalogia goggles.

You're talking about the new DᴼᴼM, right?

I wouldn't know about new doom since it has denuvo.

People act like this was some kind of great commentary on the shooter genre or some kind of bullshit.
All I got out of it was a shitty 3rd person shooter, with a really shitty story what made no sense.

Tables, because why the fuck would you have a couch next to a washing machine and a dryer?

Great thread op

Not videogames

maybe if mods went trough the effort of deleting shitposting like this the site overall would be better

All of them

It's one of those games so bad you feel ripped off even though you got it for free.

I can't name one positive thing about it, at very best we're looking at "ok" things

Dwarf fortress

Trigger Holla Forums: the thread.

The maps r confuseing, the grafix r ugly, and can't look up or down

Because there's no fucking room in the shitty-ass apartment your boss threw you in.

I mean is not even a good bait lad, you have to try harder.

Huh. I don't think that that game is anything special, but I found it at least worth playing through once. What exactly were your biggest gripes with it, just out of curiosity?

Walking in mazes for hours the simulator.
I get it was sort of a revolutionary game back in the day but it is extremely tiresome and get boring pretty fast.

(You)
(You)

With he amount of praise these games get from you retards, you'd think it would actually be half decent

Isn't that basically what anyone screaming about "unpopular opinions threads" are doing? Crying because their contrarian piles of shit are called into question here for once?

As much as I like a lot of things about RE4, I have to admit that the quick-time event shit really is a serious crippling flaw that has always kept it out of the "good" range for me. And I say this as someone's who's beaten the game probably some ~30 times now with various self-imposed challenges. The QTEs never get more tolerable–only more and more irritating on replays.

YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME
YOUR FAVORITE GAME

Castlevana: Symphony of the Night has great graphics and music.

It also has terrible overall level design–it tries to rip off Super Metroid but it actually has a far more linear structure: you get an ability, move to the usually singular next area of the castle and repeat. Not to mention the shitloadss of abilities which you use once to unlock the next path and never touch again. Then of course you get to the halfway point in the game (upside-down castle) and they drop the Metroid façade entirely.

The stat system was an interesting idea but ultimately failed in execution. The game is laughably easy for the most part, but there are a couplen areas where it behooves you to grind (in the upside-down castle). Then there are the myriad pieces of equipment you can easily stumble upon which break the game utterly.

Ultimately, it's a game without direction: they simply stuffed as much shit into it as they could. And I do mean shit. More than half the bosses are pointless and utterly retarded, the upside-down castle was the worst gimmick ever, and the game is sorely lacking the intense, constrained action that previous Castlevanias had.

It is interesting how nearly every subsequent Metroid-like Castlevania improved on the gameplay featured in Symphony of the Night, yet some people still hold it on an undeserved pedestal.

Symphony of the Night is not a good game.

The clunky UI, unlikeable characters, difficulty that's either way too easy or way too hard, practically no reason to use anything but a lightsaber, I could go on but it's late.

I'd like to addend this though and say I have always really fucking hated this afterimage shit, and Symphony of the Night is one of the worst offenders of them all. It is an extremely distracting effect that has no place in an action game period.

Also the sprite rotation/expansion in place of real animation was kind of lame too.

I wonder if the saturn version of x4 and SotN has that shitty after image effect.

Pretty sure they do.

saturn doesn't handle transparency effects as well as other platforms, so I imagine the effects are different.

Mass Effects 2 is the 2nd worst AAA game I've ever played
Only 3 is worse

Oh right, they might use checkerboard dithering then.

This is the sole reason that I think GTA IV is the best in the series, I can't think of any other game with a better animation system for when dudes get shot. If you shoot a dude in a shoulder he'll spin around and clutch the area he was shot as he falls to the floor and tries to crawl to safety, or how you can unload an entire magazine out of an uzi into a dude and the body will twitch everywhere with each shot until you're done and he falls to the ground.

Fuck you, now that image is stuck with me

I think people think its good because they were told its good and suited with the trend of Zombie stuff at the time

this is to low effort even by my standards

I liked it for the setting and visuals alone. I got how it was trying to manipulate my emotions but I still enjoyed it enough to play through it multiple times.
Apocalypse Now is my favorite movie if that's any indication

The mazes only really become a problem in the sequel's urban maps. Even fanboys will admit that.

I get the feeling that we did, there's been all sorts of threads and posts like this one recently that praise shit that absolutely noone here would like as if it were normal to like it

this seems like more than your average summer shitposting

Stop listening to FROM fanboys then.

People with taste only consider Demon's Souls and Bloodborne to be good.

ITT: shit taste for the most part

Bump.

Eat shit

I'm calling the cops

Video games suck. Better read books.

Paper books. Fuck tablets.

You can wax nostalgic about physical media all you want, but I have something like 600 books in my house and with a few exceptions I'd love it if they were all on a tablet

Saturn SotN does but even if it didn't the port is garbage with lengthy load times and slowdown, and most transparencies are gone too. It's also glitchier and only in Japanese.