Part 1 mega:///#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo
Part 2 mega:///#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo
mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg
gbatemp.net/threads/mhx-to-mhgen-conversion-tool.433891/
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0LdA7b4oekMSkhZZ1E2R1ZydEE/view
mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MHG suffers from being a step down from M4U in almost every way.
The new additions all feel half-baked. Best thing to come of it is Nyanter, but even that needs serious work.

you can safely skip this

Well it doesn't have the atrocious endgame of 4u so that's a plus. I played quite a bit of the jap version and I'm just starting english one today and I'm still enjoying it.

I found R10 variants only slightly less horrible honestly.
because at least with R140 nonsense you got decent shit.
Variant sets are awful with a single exception

For those that don't know EU Genereations is out and has a cias for download in 3dsiso.
I'm still waiting on the US version, no leak huh?
Should I play the EU instead?

safely skip unless you really are a big fan of the series.
It really feels half baked

To what?
It's a new one and I can pirate it, no reason not to.

That's what i linked to in the op.

The eu version that is, a US version hasn't been posted yet.

>More monster variety for nearly the same amount of monsters FUCKING WYVERNS

you're a nigger

I think people are mostly just down on MHX because there is no G difficulty and it has way less content than what people who have played only the western releases are used to. What I want to know is what the localization is like. Capcom kicked 8-4 out the door and hired someone new for MHG. Did they inject pointless memes? Is stuff censored?

There's a "git gud" drop that kinda maybe sorta fits in the context it's in since people said it a lot in the 4U days.

I liked the endgame to 4U better, as bad as it was. The 140 guild quests could have unstable monsters or the dual quests could have two monsters come to the same area which would present new challenges even when doing the same quest over and over. The ticket quests in X are always the same. Have fun grinding out Ember Dinovaldo in the terrible 4U volcano stage. Capcom really needs to work on designing a decent endgame

The only thing you'll miss out on by getting the EU version is you can't claim the 4U item pack bonus at the beginning of the game because it will look for the EU version of 4U. Also I wouldn't risk going online till friday.

Yes it's worse.

I'm down on it because all the shit they added is really poorly implemented and poorly thought out.

If you're pirating that'd be the only way I'd recommend getting this game.

Gonna pick up the game when it comes out. In MH4U I went from SnS, to GS to then Charge Blade and I enjoyed sticking with Charge Blade. Is it still viable in this game or should I go back to GS

CB's skill ceiling got lowered by a ton, but it's still really good.

Anyone down to get a room for 4U going?

I am the low ranked faggot, so you'll probably have to down-gear

Does this run okay on an old 3DS, or is it like Hyrule Warriors where it sucks on 3DS and is good on a New 3DS?

You forgot 30 FPS

I feel like I'm on crazy pills the way nobody mentions that. Playing the demo and then going back to 4U just makes the difference so clear.

That's one of those "it's excusable if the core game is good" things for me.
but can't you force overclock to make it run at 60 or some nonsense?

same on both unless you force overclock the 3ds IIRC.

Funnily enough
if you exclude copycats and small monsters
Guess which game still has more unique monsters. (hint it's not MHX)

No worries, I already decided to skip it months ago. 4 is the last Monhun I'm playing.

I wonder if Generations exists just for Capcom to see if people are ok with having Frontier elements in the mainline games.

Maybe, I don't know much about 3DS modding. But I just can't deal with knowing the game is objectively worse than the one that came before it.

Why would I play a worse version of what I've already got?

I have never understood the argument of balance in these games.
It's not pvp, we don't fight each other. We kill gigantic monsters and you get mad because someone who puts hundreds of hours of practice in can kill a monster 1 minute and 30 seconds faster with a GS compared to a cat?

eat a dick

The second one is 4U, my bad

Try again fucker, you counted variants.
Actual numbers are 38 and 32

Feels like people only really started caring about "balance" in MonHun after Dark Souls and git gud started getting popular.

In-depth verdict on Charge Blade going from 4U to Gen?

CB was my swordfu in MH4U alongside SnS and DB so before I get into another one I gotta' know how bad she was nerfed

It's MHX you fug
After doing the math MH4U has 43 unique monsters and MHX has 55 unique monsters.

THANKS FOR MAKING ME RECOUNT

How is it nerfed now?

Idk if it's because I like to farm or if it's because I basically played LR and HR twice, but I am G2 and I have 500 hours, I couldn't care less about endgame.
I'm GC 172 kek

Wow I fucked, there's 14 clones, not 12.
That's still 56 unique mons.

Guess I'll have to install the EU ver. then.

It's more that you have flat useless options that are only there because "well we have to put something there"
Like a lot of striker weapons are just flat downgrades. Aerial is the same. on the weapons it's good on it's hands down just the best. Bushido completely ruins certain monsters with no real investment.

Good work showing you can't count.

yeah you got even further off base. Good work. Apply that same logic line to 4U.

There's really no difference between them besides "Jues si monte!"

Damage is trash without spirit levels.

This is being generous by not including the Fatties and Shah and it's still lower.

I could even include Chaotic and all the Apexes and MHG would still have at least one more unique mon.

No it's UN-nerfed now. Damage was always trash without spirit levels, you're a fucking retard if you aren't at red constantly.

And that's why it was un-nerfed. Instead of MH4U dropping you to no charge after red wears off, MHX drops back down to yellow. And to top it all off all three of the LS hunter arts are excellent tier.

Oh shit we can totally make shit up now?
Good to know where we're arguing from hear.

Also I just reread that, did you say gammoth was a good fight?

Man I'm no good at counting, MHG is still 55 unique monsters while 4U is as I've said

IIRC they upped the non spirit levels damage in 4U so I thought that was worth pointing out. Not like I ever use LS anyways, I only used it once in MHX for an arena quest

[citation needed]
How about you try counting?

Better than Gravios for what's essentially the same gimmick.

I started using LS a lot in MHX just because the Counter hunter art was so god damn satisfying. Nothing better than pulling it off right at the end of the hunt and killing the monster with it, and it happens all the time because it does such a nice meaty chunk of damage.

Nothing worse than popping it and having the monster charge past you and magically not connect.

Bushido is trash though, Striker is where it was at. Infact that's the case for pretty much all weapons. Bushido Bow is good and that's just about it. Striker Hammer is god tier. Guild for most other weapons. Aerial is a meme and don't listen to the GL players about it either, they're irrational and insane for playing the most cucked weapon in MHX.

Red in MHX is only as much of a bonus as yellow was in 4U, though. So if you're going fast enough, 4U's way is better.

Just give it up user you're a cooked goose just look at my post

But what is everyone's opinion on the Deviants? I think a majority are just not worth going through the grueling process of fighting them and only a few sets are worth making. I hope they never come back or they become reworked.

Him and Ostalagos are both shit.

Counter point. Striker GS, Striker HH, Striker, SA, Striker GL, Striker HBG are all garbage

I heard the staff and charge blade were nerfed, Can anyone thats played say how bad it was?

Yeah, that's basically what the "Guild for everything else" was for – although I should mention that you lose literally nothing by choosing Striker HBG and get three hunter arts out of it, two of which are actually useful. The supernova ball is painfully awful to use because it has two states:

1. Detonates literally inside of the monster, dealing a small chunk of damage.

2. Detonates near the monster and touches it, not even dealing enough damage to kill a vespoid.

So, the general consensus is that MH4U is still better than MHGen, right?

But is MHGen better than MH3U?
I need a new MH to play and I'm quite desperate

Does anyone know if there is a way to use your japanese saves with the US release I'd really rather not start over.

Bushido is good if you're too lazy to get evasion and guard skills on certain weapons, best on the weapons that don't interrupt your routine too much like the GS or HH. The idea of striker is nice but there's not enough good supers to justify it on every weapon, though Hammer is pretty good for it since it's a free focus.

Now I know you're just a shit player.

The only thing 4U has over MHG is a longer end-game.

3U will forever be the best game in the series even with swimming.

You lose the completely stupid Bushido HBG that lets you roll straight out of crouching fire.

Play Generations you faggot.
If MH4U is better it's only because of G-rank.
From the demo, MHGen's gameplay is nice and styles bring more variety to the table.

Nigga MH4U isn't even better than MH3U. It's still top dog in my mind. Better music, better monster selection (fuck spring raptors they're such garbage), no copypaste hollow, better textures, higher framerate – and this is just personal preference but after playing both I really think that underwater wasn't all that bad and mounting is just cancerous.

Do you even need evasion skills in an HR game? I sure haven't, and I'm blowing my own horn or anything either. I'm just an average solo player. My problem with Bushido is exactly that though – it doesn't offer any kind of offensive advantage. It's 100% pure defensive, and none of the attacks you get out of it justify the ridiculous amount of time it takes to complete the dodge animation and wind-up animation.

Why tho?
Gotta say I loved to death all the monsters introduced in MH4 & 4U so I'll need you to elaborate on why 3U is the best one.

Compared to Aerial's nonsense? You better be joking. Also >trading the evasion super in exchanged for the nerfed moveset.
One of us is shit and it ain't the guy who needs the dodge super because I don't know when to insta-flop

The demos for MH games lie. Remember how the demo for 3U just gave you random weapons that were nowhere near what you would normally have by that point?

I'm probably not playing MHGen unless I got CFG first, because I need that devijho texture mod
I'm waiting till I'm satisfied with the console enough that I don't feel like buying anything else.
I'm a faggot I know.

I remember playing the Wii demo for MH Tri and absolutely fucking detesting the entire game. Waggle probably had something to do with it too. Jesus that was an awful console.

Loc lac and event quests like world eater jho will be a thing to remember. Also everyone and their mother clust spamming ala endgame just to boost their HR.

Dodge super is good for when you don't want to have Evasion skills.
You know.
So you have room for other skills.
The 3U moveset is all you need for the buffs since you'll be staying in sword mode 100% of the time with the reload and devilish swordsman and the gameplan for it is just the same 2 moves just like in 4U.

Aerial is good too but it only has one super so you can't do the insanely retarded buff shit.

You could play more calculated without ledges and mounting being a factor and it had the best version of HH to date.

Really the endgame is the worst part of any monster hunter. "Go do random hunts to build up your sets that you won't use outside of dicking around (or you know because it's fun to play with people, but if you're actually just trying to get HR maxed), or grind a certain hunt over and over again"

HH?

Is it possible to transfer saves from the EU version to the US version when it comes out?
I just want it to be easier/possible to get the DLC quests when they come out.

So I saw in one of the trailers a felyne can do this rapid slashing claw attack.

if anyone knows what I am talking about, is it like a skill you need to obtain or a certain weapon? What is it exactly?

Why the hell is that? I never mained HH in any Monster Hunter game but I went back and started playing a little bit of it in MH3U and had a fucking blast, but then I went to MHX and tried to play HH and it was really just boring and slow. I don't really understand because with only a few exceptions the movesets are the same.

The gear is weird in the demos, but the movesets are the same. All you get is wacky armor skills and maybe some extra sharpness.

Check the moveset in-game, it's available when it is enraged

it's when the cat's enraged. unfortunately, it's damn near useless because of how little damage it does.

You don't get a good feel for how some stuff plays in those short demo spans though. like 3U gave you Paralysis DBs against… I think it was a lagambogi or something. It's just a strange choice.

Awesome, was planning on a Enraged build while I waited to get to this game.

Love me some fist/claw weapons.

That, and giant elder elder dragons.

I think you're talking about "Felyne Claw Dance" and it's a skill some get and you can share it to others. You unlock it by hunting Astalos.

user, I have some really bad news about that.

God I hate those. Giant monsters need to go and stay gone.

It has pretty good MVs in 3U compared to 4U and Gen without attack buffs and monster AI wasn't as aggressive back then.

There's always Freedom/Freedom Unite. You can complain about bullfangos and vespoids all over again.

its a dance? So is it like, a special attack or just a dance you do to buff things?

are the claws shit?

It's a special attack you build up in a meter by attacking the monster. You're actually better off making a boomerang cat.

I need a game with easy matchmaking cause I need to play with people.
Also I would like the best game possible cause I feel like I'm missing out so I'll go with 3U if you can't convince me otherwise

Horribly so, Felyns have lower than gunner defense. In addition to that they also just do really poor damage, the only way to make a felyn good is Boomeranging the monster's face with certain skills

MH4U and Gen have decent matchmaking and you can play online unlike in the 3DS version of 3U.

Must be why I could easily get 2+ KO's per hunt in 3U and struggle to get even 1 KO in MHX, although I feel like KO in general has been made more difficult to pull off.

Daily reminder that unless you're a speedrunning faggot you don't need to minmax your shit, have fun however you like, just make sure you can at least carry your own weight.

What about 3U?
Can't you make a room and play with a friend?
I own 4U already btw.

really hard to do when the balance of the game is as poor as it is in this one.

Yeah I heard the boomerang stuff is the only viable thing with the felynes.

man this is kinda shitty that you can't mess around with the felyne.
I might aswell go Dual blades.

Gonna be maining gunlance after playing mostly HH in 4

what exactly do you get from the whole importing 4 save? is it just some potions and garbage?

also any alternatives to that retard gajin hunter faggot, fucking SJW parasites becoming the prominent figure in Monster hunter content

They did the wrong thing. Remember how 4U and 3U have a few quests where monsters had HR health pools but did G-Rank damage? That's what most of MHX should have been.

But instead they went with HR damage and G-Rank health pools.

Don't even act like the felynes were ever designed to be an equivalent of the main weapons and not something just made for fun to do whatever you want with.

Only locally like in the Freedom games. No one I know locally has 3U so I can't attest to how good it is.

However I do know that in Gen you can have a custom title for your lobby which is a Godsend when finding specific kinds of randoms.

There's nothing really stopping you nigga, any felyne will be weaker than any hunter weapon, he's like a gimmicky challenge to play.

even in felyn only parties, they just have too little defense to do well in melee. Not to mention they have a worse Iframe and a worse dodge from hunters.

Also Nyanter clear times rival that of hunters with the right setup.

If you're playing felynes, then clear time is never the goal unless you make the boomerang cat.

I was just reading you need a Wii u with mh3u to play with the 3ds online.
That's such a load of bullshit.

Well thats true.
Its just if I was to play with folks online I wouldnt wanna be a useless shit.

But if I can actually manage to make the enrage claw attacks work in a way I'd probably go with it.

Except there's a fine point between having fun and an unbearably long slog because your damage is that poor.

even the people telling you to play what you want are just saying "don't act like they're even close to hunters" that should show you how much dead weight you're gonna be pulling out. Nyanters are already pretty dead weight to where a lot of public rooms in the JP version would kick on sight, or alternatively all switch to nyanter and do an easier hunt

What's the best MonHun that can be played on PC?
FU?FU2?Something else entirely?
I've only played 3U

Just as I said, carry your own weight, and people won't give a shit unless they're ultra faggots.
Online quest can be cleared fine with just 2 or 3 people, a cat or more wouldn't be much of a problem.

why are you stuck a stick up ass loser who can't even count monsters?

Wow you seem really assmad that I'm not completely devastated.

Claw can't carry the player slot, especially later

It'll either be P3rd or FU. Since 3U is a step above P3rd you might want to play FU.

Well he is sorta right about Prowlers being weak. You could be fine online in the international version if they allow fun.

Is FU better than FU2?

People praise Freedom Unite like it's the best one in the whole series.
I say it's bullshit, there's a good amount of content but the monster AI is wonky and their movesets have the worst hitboxes I've seen in any game.
You can emulate Portable 3rd HD on PPSSPP for some reason, it has much more solid mechanics and looks better, but it's very short.

I knew it…
Of course you can solo them, but were talking about multiplayer here.

The only monster I killed solo was a g rank Iodrome and despite it spent most of its time on the ground it still took me like 25 minutes to kill it.
No thank you.

Can you play MHX online on a hacked 3DS? Because, if so, I'm doing that pronto.
Fuck buying games.

Or, can you play games online in general - is what I meant to ask.

yes

yeah you can, as far as nintendo's copy protection is concerned, as soon as you install that CIA you have a legit copy from the Eshop

Depend on how hacked is you 3DS.
But it is possible to play online even on foreign games.

Yes in every way.
It is a straight up upgrade like 3U is to Tri. However it's a shame it didn't get certain features from Dos like fighting giant monsters in the Town and PVP.

Alright thanks, I'll play FU2 then.

pls repond

Wait when you say FU2 you mean Freedom Unite and not Freedom 2nd?

There is no FU2. There is freedom, freedom 2, and freedom unite. They released in that order with FU being the most recent.

Can I get links that work?

I enter them in and nothing happens

Itwerks4me.jpeg
What browser are you using? Do you have the mega add-on installed?

Nice meme.

Nicer meme.

Only the heavy bowgunners and bow users.

Potions, some items, money, costume for poogie, and a background for your guildcard.

P1: mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

P2: mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

Everyone has their own opinions, mate.

opinions can be wrong

I don't know what inherently bullshit fight you're talking about because Ferocious Silver Rathalos isn't a flagship at all.

In contrast to your own, yes, but not naturally.

That is fucking hilarious, and I can't wait until it's done downloading.

How does the game knows you have the save?
I have a cartridge, I borrowed it to a bud so he could have a file for Generations and my saves were on the cartridge. Does Generations only check for that extra data created on the first play?

Will I be able to play in american markets with EUR version?

FU2 user.

If you mean servers, then yeah.

I don't know what inherently bullshit fight you're talking about because Ferocious Silver Rathalos isn't a flagship at all.

Kek. Rathalos is -always- overbuffed every fucking iteration.

Also, I believe he's talking about Ember Dinovaldo or whatever they call it outside of nipland

Seems like you don't know how to play the game.

Thanks for reminding me of one of the worst things to ever happen in the history of history.

Have you played Fericous Silver Rathalos yet? It's madness. I went in with something stupid like Fire Res +20 on top of natural +40ish from the armor itself. Fucking walking through the little fire patches left after a fireball takes off a full 1/6th of my health. The fireballs themselves don't have windpress anymore, they just blow you off your feet if you stand too close instead – oh and they all come with buffed AoE range by default.

Then there's the nuke fireball attack that has practically Frontier-level AoE.

On PSP there is Freedom, Freedom Unite, and Portable 3rd. If you still want even more Monster Hunter then there is the original Monster Hunter on the PS2 and Monster Hunter Dos which has a translation patch.

Freedom is just a port of the original PS2 Monster Hunter with a farm and kitchen added in. Freedom Unite is Freedom 2 + some extra content like HR village quests. Portable 3rd has smoother combat but doesn't have g-rank.

You need the MEGA add-on, I suggest it anyways since it reduces load-times for the site to nothing which is ultra-handy if you have a slower connection.

There's no way they didn't catch that while changing it.

Very disappointed. Also the "flagships" don't really feel like flagships at all because we know who's the real flagship.

I don't know why people like the name "Dinovaldo". Might as well call Deviljho "Dinojho". Maybe I'm missing out on the meaning, but his new name is way better than Raizex's.

I bet they thought they were being cute and clever, the fucking faggots.

Because it's not "Glaive Anus".

So is MHX better or worse than MH4U?

Is MHX better or worse than MH3U?

Worse.
Worse.

Is that really how Glavenus is pronounced? I always pronounced it as "Glah-vin-nuss".

Better.
Worse.

Depends on the player's taste.

I didn't even know they changed it to such a shitty name, this just gets worse and worse.

Amatsu's in Gen right? Did they ever say what his localized name was?

Worse Worse

Amatsu is in Gen and his name is just Amatsu.

Better.
Worse.

It's becoming a common trend, or fuck me maybe it's always been the trend. It's not that the Japanese version is just SO GREAT. It's that the English version is just THAT BAD. It keeps happening. It keeps happening over and over and over again everywhere.

I don't know what they were doing when localizing Gamuto. It seemed they tried to preserve the meaning but it just falls flat on it's face. Take one look at "Gammoth" and it looks like the most unoriginal name you can give to anything.

Better
Worse

Also the funny thing is the localizers work with the director so he could be to blame for some things but at least he stopped "Mitsune" from happening. That would've been the icing on the shit cake.

the description reminds me of tri moga sweetheart honestly, although they could have just left it as Gammut, but at least it's not snarglepuff or something like that

this explanation here really just rolls on and on, do they not know how to write efficiently? it seems like they keep changing what they want to say every half a sentence.

The MH devs are pretty strict about how they want the game to be, after all it was their decision to fuck off from Sony just because they didn't want trophies/achievements.

on this one again, would tamamitsune really be that hard? even if you had no idea about japanese you'd probably still read it as like 'tamamit, sune' which is practically correct anyway

They say right there it's also for length reasons if subspecies or deviants were to appear in future games.

Aside from translation, did they change anything from mhx?

Any idea if I can just transfer my save from mhx to the mhg?

I didn't enjoy mhx but all 3 of my regular hunting mates. Hoping that the group experience is better but I'm not really willing to go through the solo quest to unlock shit again

Is the guild card bug from training mission still present?

meant to say all 3 of my regular hunting mates are picking it up.

gbatemp.net/threads/mhx-to-mhgen-conversion-tool.433891/

thanks user

im still playing mh3u. Can someone tell me how the hell im supposed to cut tails with the bowgun? Ill put like 30 slicing shots into the royal ludroths tail and it wont come off.

Damage from all weapons works to allow it to break off, use slicing shots after you beat the tails to shit with something else.

You can reduce the "tail's HP" wih any type of damage.
The cutting damage just needs to be the "last hit".

Whats wrong with mh4? And what makes mh3 better?

Underwater combat

I always wondered what is the best weapon to use underwater. Are they all the same level of usefulness like on land or is one superior over another?

underwater combat is fucking terrible though

Lance

Lance.

Lance
and that cheesy bow slime method on the cedeus

Lance and Gunlance are a thousand times better underwater.

your opinion fam

its true though

Underwater was something I disliked at first but now that I've played 3 and 4u for hundreds of hours each, it's something I've grown to enjoy the intricacies of and miss.

Also my nigga Kayamba. Shakalakas are 10 times better bros than cats.
The cats just don't respond to you as loyally as shakas. You kind of have to hope that they feel like helping you at the moment or doing a combo.

Funlance.

You're fucking terrible.

I can at the very least understand water combat
but this is beyond fucking wrong

How do you cope with having such shit taste? I bet you got Generations.

by living with my good ones like disliking underwater combat and prefering cats
they easily outweigh my shit tastes

I think underwater combat is cool at first looks nice when you're in the water but it's annoying to fight a monster like Gobul who's sorta flat. I would like to see an area though that is just the open ocean or close to a reef. The base camp can be a boat and everything else can be just water except maybe an island.

I want to fight a monster that's so big it swallows you and you have to kill it from the inside.

not liking water combat and saying that catbros>mininigglets is good taste man.

ok vorefag

3U is the 3rd Strike of the MH series.

Think about it.

I'll stand with that guy, underwater combat and chachas were a mistake, no trips will change that.

Your mom not swallowing was the only mistake.

I tried to install via FBI but it didn't take

Try DevMenu/BigBlueMenu?

Oh, choice of CFW is important too. Wouldn't show up or would idle at the 3DS splash-screen/"an error has occurred" if your CFW doesn't have region-free.

Though you should be on Luma3DS regardless due to native_firm protection unless you're still rolling an old RxTools and haven't needed to switch or something.

Underwater, lack of mounting (mhx fixed it tho), maps, frames, farm, (tiny farm is better than no farm at all) and Late game.

step up your game, man

I followed Plailect's guide and have not done much outside of installing a couple apps. Finished it a couple days ago. I can install GBA .cias and download from AngelCIA without issue. I assume it's region stuff, since it's an EUR and I'm on a NA O3DS.

Hey that looks like a penis

Hey you look like a faggot

Followed A9LH to the letter or did you stop at CFW? If I recall correctly Plailect's guide points you to Luma3DS, though that should already correct any region discrepancies. Unfamiliar with how A9LH works since I got mine downgraded and all that way back in January when 9.2+ downgrades first hit.

meh

I don't give a shit about the opinions of a faggot.

The CIA leaked early regardless, like I knew it would.

Holy shit dude, what is wrong with that duck?

I want to play with americunts and reviewers, not some faggot frenchies.

Followed through to A9LH. iirc by the end you boot into a CFW sysnand

Hold up you talkling about EU or US?

It's only JP that is locked.

EU.

Nevermind then…
But it's no wonder you don't want to play the game anymore, you already played it.

No clue on what the hell to do then since I'm totally unfamiliar with A9LH or its workings, check if there's a 3DS piracy thread and ask there. It definitely sounds like region issues but I'd have no clue of how to fix that on A9LH.

np, I'm just probably missing something obvious. Thanks, though.

If you have luma make sure it's set up to correct system region inconsistencies.

4 has no late game?

It has a late game, but it's dogshit. It's RNG within RNG within RNG, on top of that you have the terrible 'Apex' system which slows down fights and ads no real challenge.

Cant say I was into the apex shit or even the frenzy/bleed shit

Region shouldn't matter at all. I'm on a JP N3DS and I can install NA and EU games just fine. You didn't put an EU firmware on it instead of an NA one though did you?

Also: when all else fails, try to get a different CIA of the same game from somewhere else. Maybe the one here is broken in some way.

So how do they fix Monster Hunter end game?

They seem to be stuck on this?

They need to nuke the idea of equipment based end-game. It's straight fucking awful. In 4U it was soulless grinding for RNG weapons and armor. In MHX it's soulless grinding for variant weapons and armor.

The solution is to have more content in general. More quests, more interesting combinations of monsters to hunt, more things to actually do rather than just forcing you into doing the SAME thing over and over and over and over again until you're sick of it.

I 've been playing the mhx from the moment it came out. is there a reason to switch to generations? I also can't connect to the servers and i don't know if it's because my emunand isn't updated or if it's because it's the jap ver.

There's no G-Rank in this right? If so, thank fuck. G-Rank wasn't really any more difficult than HR, but it took more than twice as long to kill everything, and I just don't have time for that shit. If they made G-Rank monsters kill in one hit, I could accept that, because I almost never get hit, but making them damage sponges is infuriating and lazy.

More is better, but you'll always run out of "more". The only way to ensure there's always something to do, is to have the game shit out procedurally generated "infinite" garbage at some point. Also, getting loot is what keeps most players playing, so simply having more fun fights would still lead to the same outcome unless those new fun fights bring more fun loot to the table - and then once the player acquires those what then?

The games don't need an endgame so much as they need resource sinks scattered throughout the early and midgame. Have semi-rewarding gambling minigames like Meownster Hunters, only have their success chances boosted by paying rare monster materials, capping at 75% success with 5 plates invested.

1 hit kills are evil and punish so hard
That dlc lagiacrus from 3U was just fucking brutal to do with most people and harder than anything from 4U thats for sure

oh don't worry stuff has Grank HP with HR damage. It somehow makes it even worse.

I liked the mask system, but they should just give it to the cats because the cats are kawaii and the shakas are not.
I loved the water combat of Tri/3U, though, and I'm sad it's gone. Lancing made you into a missile of death underwater, and with SnS you could dance around faster than any monster could move.
I have no idea why people always shit on the water combat. Fucking casuals, I guess.

Punishing mistakes harshly is fine by me. I just don't like having my time wasted. With a OKHO monster, I know that every failure is my own fault. With a damage sponge, I only know that every extra minute a fight drags beyond the normal 10m kill point is a minute I'll never fucking get back.

So even less difficult and just as tedious? God fucking damnit.

yeah but don't worry it's super hard to fuck up as long as you don't get combo'd to death.
Oh there is one really stupid variant fight which is the Toxic Rathian. Just imagine a poison that's so strong it does about 80 damage before you can stand up if you get knocked down.

I can't even describe to you how sick I am of fighting Ian and Los in ten flavors in every single fucking game.
If they removed those monsters completely, I would jump for joy.

Even though they share the same mesh and a lot of common animations, I found the YKK and Yian Garuga fights in MH4U to be so fucking refreshing. Garuga is fun to fight in all the ways that Rathalos is not.

It's just sad how far they've fallen. They were great fun in MHFU.

Will the EUR version work with the american version once its out?

Pardon

I dislike diablos far more
He isnt s fun fight and never had been, he is just alwayd angry

Yeah, Diablos is a fucking faggot for sure. He's less tedious to deal with than foreverially hovering Rathalos, though.

I'd be happy if they were to just stop with the giant monsters in general. I've never enjoyed those. Whenever I get to one it's more of me powering through the shit rather than actually playing it.

Agreed. Less giant monsters, and more elder dragons with interesting unique "it's magic i ain't gotta explain shit" mechanics. Kirin is infinitely more interesting to fight than Jhen Mohran or Dalamadur, and he's just a goddamn Kelbidrome.

I want the queen back and not just the king

Diablos is a qt. It's totally free if you're using SnS or Charge Blade, or you can bring some crag shots and just subquest farm the horns.

fug

the links load forever for me

Does this work with legit copies or is it CFW only?

Don't see why it wouldn't work with one.

A quick drive-by near 3DSISO found me this.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0LdA7b4oekMSkhZZ1E2R1ZydEE/view

It apparently requires some kind of homebrew save program, so I guess it is CFW only. Thanks though!

it will be a dark time.

Or switch axes

Take a quick look at the 3DS Homebrew Bunker somewhere in the catalog.
Setting up homebrew is relatively simple, and well worth any frustration if you ask me.

IG got buffed though, you can actually raise the bug up without upgrading the weapon proper, so you can have a usable weapon much earlier than in 4th. Also, element doesn't intrude on the real stats, so you can actually use it.

Eh, I'll pass, just not worth the effort for me. Thanks though!

I hear charge blade has been nerfed to hell and back from Mon Hun 4U.

Can someone elaborate?

Trust me and every other user, it's worth it even if you don't pirate. Being able to reigionfree easily and use other countries eshops makes it worth it.

DPS matches other weapons now, can only get red shield from Axe mode, Ultra is useless.

But in return, styles other than Guild get new GPs that are nice.

I have a Japanese 3DS, so while I do agree that region locking is shit and needs to go, it doesn't actually hinder me any. Glad to hear it's getting easier to break regions for the rest of you though.

if i install the game with FBI how does it update?
do i need to update it manually by installing update .cias or will it update automatically?

anyone?

what the
okay, into the fucking toilet

Guess I'm going back to GS.

is Switch axe better than 4U? it was useless in that game.

it's the same game. Unless you want less free DLC and to play with US/EU people, there is no reason to switch

Aerial SA is considered one of the top tier weapons

Actually the CB is still great and fun according to 4U CB mains that have played MHX, you just have to play it slightly differently.

Like saying 4U IG was one of the top tier weapons because you don't need a brain to use it.

I should have also mentioned that if you play Adept CB, you get a GP on the charge A slash throughout the entire charge period and shield charges last longer per phial, don't remember the specifics.

Je suis monté

Wait, so the fact that Kelbi don't die in recent titles is a localization change?

W H Y

Because harming animals is racist and misogynistic, don't you know anything? I mean come on, it's current year, people can't just harm animals anymore. Humans are designed to be vegan, you cretin.

so is it safe to jump on or better off waiting until friday?

I only played gun lance in 4U, did they buff it/change it any?

You tell me.

That doesnt seem safe
But fun as hell

You have to manage a heat gauge between yellow (10% nerf), orange (same as 4U) and red (5% buff). The gauge increases as you make shots but it's not that fast unless you're shooting a lot or doing fullbursts. If you overfill it you get locked into yellow for as long as Wyvern Fire is locked out, also locking out WF too. If you use a WF though, it reduces a little bit of the gauge and locks itself for the duration of the cooldown so if you can get it locked in red you're good. Just be careful to make sure you don't end up shooting or fullbursting as the cooldown ends because you might end up locking yourself.

So its kind of a nerf-buff thing that unnecessarily pumps up the skill ceiling.

Also two of its supers are fucking amazing
The other amazing super locks it in red and buffs shots for a lengthy amount of time if you level it up.

Nigga its a gunlance, safety was never an option.

Better whip out that bowgun sonny jim.

Should have also mentioned that the meter for this super fills up really fast and you can full burst after the slam.

The problem is that i almost exclusively used sword mode. Axe mode was too slow due to the GS level of mobility, unless the monster was disabled and I was unloading phials on it. Axe mode was also shit for guard points, the only viable one being from sword mode, so the weapon being changed to force strictly axe mode to be effective renders it useless to me.

I also am not familiar with the ability names outside of areal (jump on everything but lose 90% of your moveset and damage output) and guild (same old same old classic style), so you'll need to be specific.

Adept gets parries on CB sword if you block normally right as a monster is about to hit you, which lets you instantly load into red shield or do an instant charge A attack.

I think that'd suit you.

E T H I C A L P R O T E I N
T
H
I
C
A
L

P
R
O
T
E
I
N

But being the masochist capcuck that I am, I'm just gonna go guild style w/ and max-gauge-skill.

Bushibow and striker funlance is the truth and the way.

There IS a reason it's called the Funlance.

The heat gauge is a positive to me. The higher it goes the more your damage increases, although gimping the base damage in across all GLs isn't ideal unless you have attack up large.

adept changes your moveset, usually puts something behind you dodging into an enemy attack (which gives you a super dodge and makes you null that attack). SnS, CB, and Lance (I forget if gunlance does) lose the longterm block and instead get a little parry.
Aerial makes you get mounts like a crazy person, not to mention there are skills that make you have massive affinity boosts while airborn. Problem is a lot of weapons have hugely gimped movesets so they can't really make good of it. Aerial SA is not one of these, it's hands down the best SA style, not because Guild is bad, but because Aerial is just that good. LS actually has no bad styles, it's the only weapon I'd say actually feels like they put any thought into the style system for.
Striker changes the fuck out of your moveset in exchange for an extra hunting arte. Like DS loses Archdemon mode levels of nerf on most every blademaster weapon, (it doesn't change much for Gunners). It would be an okay trade, but almost every weapon doesn't have 3 Hunter Artes worth using. Sure you can just use 2+superdodge or 2+ a generic, but the changes to your damage don't make it worth it over just sucking it up and going guild and not having a crutch.

I wonder if they've thought of giving the GL more varied shell types like the sns has coatings

First you can't count and now don't even know Adepts still keep the long-term block which you'd know just by holding R a little longer, god damn.

SnS also doesn't get a parry but gets the special dodge frames on its back step attack and Gunlance has parries too.

Striker moveset changes is more akin to making them more like older games and sometimes even worse. SA is definitely one of those weapons that can use it well because of Reload + Swordsman buff and super dodge instead of evasion skills because MHGen is not as forgiving as 4U was with clownsuiting for good armor sets.

Wide GL w/ KO-shells would be kinda fun.
Wide GL w/ healing shells for maximum grief would be hilarious.

Hmm, might work. Just only use the standard super slam if I use a slam at all and avoid the ultra because fuck you it's useless, yes?

Is the USA demo out yet? I suppose I could get some practice in.

Oh you haven't clownsetted hard enough then. It's the only way to make certain styles on weapons even remotely decent. the Aerial GS set comes to mind.
Not to mention SA cannot use it well at all, don't worry about the massive nerf to your moveset you need that crutch dodge because you're unable to read monster moves? Only real weapons that can use it well for blademaster anyways are LS and DS.
And 12 hours later, you're still upset about that aren't you. You should really get a life outside of miscounting things on the internet

ye it's out.

Pretty sure it is. And yeah just avoid using ultras, the super is still pretty good for what it is. After a parry, press X for loading and A for charge slash.

I said Gen was not as forgiving as 4U for clownsuiting, not downright impossible. Even then, not having to go for Evasion is very good since Gen has great skill variety. Also what the fuck does reading monster moves have to do with this? You mean getting out of the way 5 seconds in advance?

The only nerfs to the SA moveset is the lack of Axe's spin finisher and Sword's double slash, which if you used the reload super and swordsman buff, the spin slash going away is negligible and the double slash was never necessary even in 4U, just the plain mash combo.

Speak for yourself that spin was great. Good damage on it if you couldn't get another combo off.
You're still flat nerfing yourself from guild, in exchange for an evade you should really just be able to do without.

One last question, the non advancing slash and the "phial shield jab" are still part of the moveset, right? it was good for rapid strikes to the monster's face after it had been tripped.

That's wrong and you're fucking retarded.

Both those moves are still in IIRC. Adept only loses a string that my CB pals say is "inconsequential to the gameplan"

But he's right, what do you think the boomerang is for?

So is MHGen worth buying or just a pirate?

They didn't fuck up the localisation except for what already gets fucked up in EVERY MH game and you'll probably still put in at least 100 hours even if you think it's not that great.

Always pirate first if it's an option

inb4 butthurt mustards but you know its true.

Pirate, game isn't that good, maybe pick it up once it drops if you want to buy it.
But not worth full price.

For retards like you.

I think it's worth full price if we're going by hours vs price.
It's also a feature upgrade from 4U so yeah.

As some who has used the bowguns and gunlance for a long time, I can say that's false no matter how many bullets or shells you use on the tail even when the monster is limping you still need to do alot of cutting damage to the tail.

I'm going to disagree. It adds new features but they're all horribly half baked.
Also it's a grinding game, hours to price doesn't factor in unless they went horribly horribly wrong. Which this one managed to I think I hit the "fuck it just dick around and grind useless sets" at around the 60 hour mark.

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3 DPaY

MHG USA CIA

password:TheDoctorIsIn

Please tell me the bubbly brush flower dragon is the genuinely entertaining fight ;_;

So i was going to ask something but one quick look at the thread made me realize you're all basically rejects the MH communities elsewhere don't want and essentially a bunch of unwanted obnoxious shitters, so i'm going to take every answer i get with a grain of salt:

Is the LS fixed?
By that i mean, going Adept while using LS makes your entire playstyle revolve around vertical moves for the most part, essentially removing the tripping, typical of LS playstyle before this game and the entire reason why LS got it's stigma attached to it for online use.

So does Adept remove the stigma of using LS online?

So EU is leaked, are they banning online play? Are the servers even online?

Kind of, you can still trip people out of moves if positioning is bad, but it's not "OMFG KICK PLS" weapon it was in 3U.
Not to mention LS is the only weapon that all the styles actually gel on.

Ok then it's now on the same level of all the other weapons in terms of player disruption, where positioning is the main factor.

Based on this information i'll now completely ignore anyone shitting on LS from this point onwards and shit on them extra hard instead.

I'd still say Adept LS is the weakest version though. Aerial LS is really solid

Yep, underwater jousting with Lance is hella fun, but other weapons are nowhere near as fun, especially anything Ranged.

Masks were very simplistic and i would say more beginner friendly then Cats, Fluffy Mask was great for learning spawn points for grinding and checking for new large monsters during Free Hunting, and if you slap on a Support Dance Combination (Blue+Purple for example) it staying away from combat is actually not that big a drawback, and this is something any dunce can figure out since "building" them is so simplistic.

Hell, i would argue they might actually be TOO beginner friendly since it allows for less GITGUD.

Meanwhile cats are cooler, but nowhere near as handholding or straightforward.

you can also copy everything after the /// and paste it onto the end of mega.nz/ if you don't want/can't get the extension
mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo
mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

I liked frenzy, i thought they implemented it well.

Yes.

I pirated it but I'll also be buying it when i have the cash.

Are you saying the EU version will work online with the US, because that's not how MH4 worked…

Yes EU and US can play together, and That is how 4u worked. Only the japs are secluded.

Shit meant to reply to

u w0t m8?

I only ever get Frenchies and Krauts, and I play at all hours of the day.

you can even import the save from the jap version to either EU and USA. I did it

We US players got our fair share of dealing with french shitters. You may not have noticed US players but you absolutely played with us.

youd figure thered be a bunch of you faggots playing online by now but i only see a few rooms open on hr1

This legit?

Watched some videos of this game. I didn't see enough to really know what's special about it compared to MH4U, but I guess you can play as the cats (people wanted this?) and there's weapon styles (people seriously wanted this?), so I guess that's fine.

The one thing I did like is that Owl Dragon Thing. It can sleep and confuse and has really cool animations. This is what monsters should be - tons of "magic" type gimmicks that fuck with you, but ultimately medium-sized and super quick. That monster looks frustratingly fun as fuck.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I play monhun, I don't go online until I've 100% solo cleared the entire game.

yes just dl it and playin it

MOAR different MONSTER!

As for weapon styles, i know people were hyped for the ability to jump(and therefore would logically be able to mount even more easily) with any weapon back when it was announced. but didn't really give a shit aside from that, mind you this was ages ago.

I miss Great Jaggi already.

I miss all the aggis in general they were much better in gameplay than the springboard raptors that are much more bullshit in general

I think great maccou is good too but it could have been much better if it was an early high-rank monster instead of a great jaggi substitute

Decided to install it myself after asking. Works just fine.

Sounds pretty rad. I'll check it out but I'm not sure if I wanna install it right away. I'm kind of looking forward to playing with fags who get a hold of the game on release date during the huge shitstorm party, and I wanna start fresh with a bunch of other faggots as we all jump into multiplayer first thing.

Maybe I'll play a little bit on a secondary "for fun" character before I start up my main but, I'm still not sure. I'm kind of worried it might have incompatibility issues with updates like Hyrule Warriors Legends did with the leaked version of the game.

It should be fine I think. I was kinda skimming through the 3DSiso thread, but iirc the uploader got a legit physical copy from a mom & pop shop and dumped the cia from that.

I took the great Macco quest and the Bherna Gal said something something like "sometimes you'll just say 'wow, I'm terrible and I just can't beat this monster' " and then she said, and I quote.
"people will just tell you to "git gud" but that's a terrible suggestion! Who even listens to those people anyway?"

Niggas just got roasted

Surprising no one.

localizers really love to project

It's like they live to remind me why I don't play games in English anymore.

This projection is on a completely different level

Let me compound your feelings with the knowledge that the airship in the game is also called the 1337 airship
Mind you this is the EU version. Who knows how many memes are in the US version

How in the flying fuck do they even begin to justify this garbage?

So I tried the demo and felt it was really clunky. Of the new super moves the ones that allow quick burst are obviously better where as most just seem shit and leave you open for ages when you could be doing some actual damage.

Are any of nintendo's games safe from terrible translations at this point?

Are any games at all?

I bet they couldn't get past Great Jaggi.

Putting in the password doesn't work for me.

Are the servers interchangable? If I have the EUR copy can I just not bother?

Nevermind tried the one on 3DSiso and it worked.

NA and EU can play together, only japs are secluded.

new bread

There's also a character that does *action*
This is the Armory & Smithy guy in the Prep Area

Playing the generations demo, hunting the Malfestio then Nargacuga, anyone wanna join? 03-8053-4148-2967 is the hub id

That sounds like sarcasm to me TBH, now "1337 ship" on the other hand.