New Vita Thread

"Let's Get Comfy" Edition

WHATCHA:

Most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/GtR1b
youtu.be/c7kyyCARDkk
archive.is/dNAEE
8ch.net/search.php?search=/v/eddit&board=a
twitter.com/5pbgamesusa
5pb.jp/games/pbbg/en/
twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/752528282248175616
operationrainfall.com/2016/07/11/valkyre-drive-bhikkhuni-not-censored/
nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=16915&start=525
youtu.be/xjkn6XN-WsI
lewdgamer.com/2016/07/11/gal-gun-double-peace-western-release-delayed/
techraptor.net/content/galgun-double-peace-western-release-delayed-2-weeks
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/08/shiren-the-wanderer-launches-july-26th-on-ps-vita/
youtu.be/bsSWqVCSaqs?t=4m56s
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/avatars/gangsta-afro-dog-avatar/cid=UP4396-CUSA04449_00-AV00000000000008
pastebin.com/FUNjY2cY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is the likelihood of Shiren being available for purchase around the holiday season? I don't want to buy it at launch, but I'd like to have it at some point.

Second for Titty labyrinth

Muramasa Rebirth. It's pretty fun, I wish I had a mem card for more games.
A Vita, preferably the slim model for the longer battery life and lasting screen.
Nothing, saving for MonHun Generations.

Natural Doctrine. The game becomes pretty easy when you learn to take full advantage of making Guard and Cover Fire work together. Though enemy gunners make this technique complete suicide pretty quickly…
Darkest Dungeon. I've played the beta and it was pretty fucking shitty and depthless, with deliberately wasting characters being an actual successful strategy. But I like the premise and the atmosphere, I want to force myself through it anyway.It's said to be released this month.
I also want a traditional roguelike with actual permadeath, real badly. The type of roguelike that needs to be played for entire decades for the player to get good enough to win. There are no good roguelikes on handhelds.

Shiren's been around for months now.

Is that that turn-based RPG one? It honestly looks terrible, just generic janken gameplay. I'd say pick up Cross instead if you haven't already, and just wait for 5 if you have.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain. Haven't been able to play much lately due to dealing with legalese bullshit, but god this game is the sex.

Gundam Breaker 3, waiting on a price drop.

Ys 8 and Sword Town's Foreigner this month, 7 Pirates and the budget reprint of Super Dimension Game Neptune 1 next month, Demon's Gaze 2 in October, and SRW V whenever the fuck that comes out.

SAO Lost Song, Risk of Rain, and Last Blade 2.

GalGun Double Peace, apparently it was delayed for one week for some reason or another, possibly. Nothing's been confirmed by PQube yet: archive.is/GtR1b

Also patiently waiting for MHGenerations, FIVE MORE DAYS, and for Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero as well of course.

Just picked up Last Blade 2, still have about $8 on my PSN, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for sales, or maybe get a new avatar or something. I'm going to pick up those PS2 component cables and memory cards soon too.

> fun?
Yes and no. Just got the Black Orb in Lost Song. The bosses are actually pretty fun now, since they have some legitimate difficulty about them. I wish Leafa wasn't so squishy though. I'll have to do a fair bit of grinding with her, Asuna, and quite a few other characters to get their skills up to snuff. Most of my characters are still under level 200 at this point, except KiddyToe and ASSuna of course, since Asuna is really the only good Healer in the game. Lisbeth is lv. 214 now too though. And Rain joins your party at already lv. 280. I've got quite a bit of grinding to do, good thing Extra Quests exist and can be infinitely repeated.

Hard to tell. I wouldn't think it would be rare by then, at only approx. 4 months after release. It doesn't even have a limited edition, so my gut feeling is that it's safe to wait.

Shiren 5+ he means. The North America release.

No no, that's stories. Generations is the NA/EU name for Cross.

If I was able to find a new copy of VLR earlier this month, you should be able to find it around the holidays no problem. At least online for sure.

Me too.

Why wait?

…..that's such an incredibly pointless rename, but I guess that's par for the course for foreignizations. Again though, not sure why you'd wait around for that when it'll probably be twice as expensive, missing content, and with text scribbled over blindly to the point you might as well make up your own dialogue.

It's localized Cross.

It's called that because it's not a 5th gen MonHun game, I forgot the reason honestly but it wasn't just something retarded.
3DS piracy is a waste of time, I own everything I want to play for it concurrently and want to play online with people I know.
It's $40, has everything, and no memes. Don't automatically assume that every nip release is shit just because it's on the 3DS.

That's why it's called Cross.

What does piracy have to do with anything?

Cross is half that price, and most if not all of the foreign releases for MonHun have lacked most of the DLC quests. They also tend to be easy mode, with 3G's foreign version giving the player 50 free defense on top of armor. Has nothing to do with the 3DS, foreign releases of games just generally are a bad idea.

Embed explains the title.
This is why the name is Generations in the west.
Region locking. I can't play unless I'm using homebrew.
I don't speak nippon.
Maybe now it is, it's been a year.
Source? I'm pretty sure 4U got everything though I may be wrong.
That was literally one game, and a one time issue.

A fair concern, but that's only when there is actual reason to believe the localization is shit when the signs actually point otherwise. I'm sure I can point out more than one NA game release that you've enjoyed.

ND is probably the best looking TRPG I've seen in a while.

Because not all of us live in Japan and/or speak & read moonrunes.

I guess, but it makes perfect sense too. It's sort of a recollection of the previous iterations of Monster Hunter games into one. Cross makes sense for the same reason as that it's a cross between all the previous mainline monhun games. It goes both ways, the way I see it.

SRPG*

Do you own it? You want to play some multiplayer together? Enough multiplayer to get all the multiplayer trophies maybe, and build up a huge autistic deck of hundreds of cards?
No one's ever online and the one guy I've seen talk about it here doesn't want to play with me.

How does the multiplayer work? Is it a versus situation?

Don't forget, you're speaking to the delusional user who can't figure this out. He legitimately thinks everyone on this board either already knows Japanese, or is currently learning it.

i literally don't know because i've never played a match. i do know you collect your units in the forms of cards that are bought with in-game currency, then drawn randomly, each with random skills and random professions.
there's co-op and versus both.

Thanks, I always confuse the two.

No, but after the discussion in the last thread I really want it.

Ah, you accidentally bought a foreign machine? Sorry to hear that, hopefully it's easy to fix.

You're not going to with that attitude!

Just under 8 months actually.

A ton of DLC uses licensed materials they can't release in the West, same reason you don't see non-OG Super Robot Wars titles in Americaville.

One time is more than enough.

I'd say the term "localization" instead of "translation" is itself a sign pointing to it being shit.

You mean a game that I've enjoyed getting an NA release that was good? Because if you mean an NA release I have enjoyed, good luck because I don't play foreignizations of games.

You live in the Internet era, this is not an obstacle.

The only way to get good is to try.

It might be a sensible title, but it's still a meaningless and pointless change done for the sake of changing things (and knowing how this industry works, probably to charge Capcom more for "optimizing the game for the West") It's shit.

Not him, but yeah, if vidya is your hobby, you're probably going to want to learn to read it unless you're just a casual player.

As far as I can see, Shiren 5 comes out in NA on the 26th of July.

Can I just say how hard it makes my dick that there are wizards in Natural Doctrine that wear full plate armour?
It's just a meaningless character design choice, but it's so rarely seen and something I'm always looking for.
Also, knights in plate armour wielding rifles. Another sexy rarity.

Lost Dimension. Bought for the traitor system, stayed for the social links and ridiculous skill treess.

That new Atelier game or the bundle. They always look pretty but the prices intimidate me.

I bought Ragnarok Odyssey ACE out of nostalgia and impulse since it's an offshoot MMO of Ragnarok Online, and I like the music. I played for about half an hour and the flying trashmobs pissed me off so much. Card system is much much more generous and you can even buy them at the Kafra. They don't even have any illustrations.

I thought it'd be like PSO where you get to see people in lobby at least, but in fact you only interact with others during instances. This kills it for me. I'm just gonna pinch my nose and wade through it until the loli ruri boss fight.

I'm having fun ye

I deliberately bought the machine released in my country.
This is why I thought you were implying homebrew.
A shame, but doesn't effect my enjoyment since the game is crammed with content already. If I miss a couple of Nip updates I won't be missing much.
No it's not, especially when none of the other releases had this isuee.
Any product that is brought over to a foreign country and translated or subbed for said foreign country is localization. You seem to be confusing other cancerous shit with the very idea of a game being released in English.
God fucking damn it he's back.

So you like it? I'm not getting my copy for another 3 days.

I'm about to sell that game, but I might be able to play a little bit in the meantime. The combat is just too monotonous for me. I like the combos, I don't like the lack of stun, and I certainly don't like being outnumbered or severely overpowered by enemies that give no fucks that I'm hitting them.

He's also pretending he's a different person than the poster in that screenshot, even though he's the only one in these thread who uses the word "foreignizations".

I do like it but it's only my 2nd go to game, most of the time I play Oreshika instead. I haven't beaten it but Lost Dimension's story seems like your average straggler death game the japs like so much. There's also a bunch of data to consider like contribution rank that will effect your vote, so you can't just point out the obvious traitor if everyone hates your guts/everyone is good friend with the traitor.

Are you playing Assassin because that class is supposed to be real good with that.

just want to say that i agree with everything you've ever said regarding localizations and the prerequisite to at least try learning japanese if you consider yourself a hardcore video game user, and i empathize with you when casuals ITT display symptoms of delusional disorder, reject facts and call you autistic for being opinionated.

Ah, didn't know about the region locking?

I'm not seeing the connection, sorry.

Has there even been more than one since? Non-G versions don't usually get foreign releases to my knowledge.

No, that's a translation. A "localization" is when a piece of media is rewritten liberally with the excuse of making it fit in the paradigm of the target country, with things like gratuitous name changes or rewriting characters/settings entirely.

Yeah OK

I don't play anything but Hammersmith.

What does this have to do with being some kind of "hardcore gamer"?

if that's your only incentive then you sure aren't a hardcore player

It looks to be some versus mode. youtu.be/c7kyyCARDkk

If i pick it up at some point, I'll play a game with you.
lolno

No, I never planned to import anything, I can't speak Nip,and don't care much to learn.
If I can't import it, the Internet can only help if it's homebrew.
You're joking right?
Not all localizations are that bad. That's fucking NISA/NOA levels of bad.

Or they are comfortable with their native language and expect higher quality translations rather than perpetuating the issue by dancing around it. Any company that allows the shitty kind of translations that NOA and NISA put out don't deserve my money at all. They don't fucking care about you at all you cucks.
Furthermore, most Nip games are casual garbage, don't even talk about it being a hardcore thing. The whole "Japan is better than West" is a meme since neither can really deliver.

Hey, you play even one match with me is a big improvement over my no matches.
Add "marcopolisneko".

saying "all japanese games are easy" is insanity, and I'd never say it about Western games, either. Fallout 1 fucked me up pretty bad just recently.

I never said all. I believe that you have to dig through a pile of garbage from both in order to get the best of both worlds.

i'm already doing that without being able to speak japanese though.

Finally got GalGun DoublePeace and that PS2 stuff ordered. I can't wait to boot up Gungrave and Tekken Tag Tournament. I also ordered the first SAO light novel. I'm diving deeper into the autism

Did Vita ever get any horror games? I recall that one Clock Tower spiritual successor game was supposed to be on Vita at some point….

There's Yomawari. lol

Well, there's always the Corpse Party games though the first two are for PSP and Vita one jumps the shark so hard with it's plot that it's more entertaining than scary Still enjoyable games that might get a spook or two out of you.

What the fuck is wrong with that magazine. Clearly the artist does not know gun aesthetics.

If you find a couple people to play it with you might enjoy it. In ROA feels like there's supposed to be a bunch of players around town, but it's just empty. I wish there was some MMOs on Vita though. I think there's some stupid mobile MMO that's popular, but not in English on Vita, but I don't even know of any others.

PSO2

Oh yeah duh. I think there's a monster hunter one too. Does PSO2 have a monthly fee and still getting constant updates?

Found ONE horror Vita game, Forgotten Memories Director's Cut. Seems to have a Silent Hill-ness about it. It was announced back in February this year. I wonder if/when we'll actually get it.

I forgot about that coming up. I kind of hate that it's lumped with HtoLniQ, since I already have that. But whatever I guess.

Ah right. I've played the first but not the second one. I've read that Blood Drive is rather shit compared to the first two though.

Yeah, ROA was kinda fun playing with another user, but i could see it getting boring real fast if just playing solo.

the SAO games play like single-player MMOs at least. I know what you mean though. I think PSO2 is the only thing there is in that regard, unless they bring Monster Hunter Online or MHFrontier to Vita somehow.

Also, apparently that Lost Planet 2 Vita port is still in the works? It's been listed on PlayAsia's site for ages, as "TBA"; that was a damned fun multiplayer game though.

Monster Hunter Frontier G, though by all accounts it's a steaming pile of shit and requires a monthly fee. PSO2 doesn't have a monthly fee, and considering it's crazy popular here, it's still getting updated, though I don't play so I don't know how regularly.

Oh woah, I never knew. So there IS Monster Hunter on Vita barely
Fuck that shit then

Yeah, isn't PSO2, after all it's updates and shit, around 10GB? which is a shame, because it looks fun.

It's alright but certainly not as good or as spooky as the previous two. The plot gets so goddamn crazy that I just HAD to know what other crazy shit could they possibly pull with it. The biggest issue with the game as a whole however were the frequent load screens. 40% of the game was load screen after load screen.

Hell no. That's been dead since it was announced back in 2011.

Kill me.

Frontier is made by a different team and by all accounts is far grindier and less tight than the main series.

Yeah, TK's pretty content to leave the games at full price year round apart from a few sales. Strikes as best to maybe get one while it's on sale, try it out, and see if you enjoy it enough to get the rest in the future (though said original sale may likely be over by then), or do research on them so you can decide whether to drop money on all the marked down ones next time they go on sale.

Exactly.

I did this with my 3DS when I first bought it, and my PSP. Don't worry user something will float by that grabs your attention.

Ar Nosurge+, DT2, Hollow Fragment.

ZTD, Atelier Ayesha mostly cause it looks pretty, if anyone has a specific Atelier game they'd recommend for getting into the series please tell me

Nothing at the moment.

>fun
Yup. I'm still not sure what I expected from Ar Nosurge, but I like it a lot. It's pretty cute and the music is excellent. I feel like I have to grind a bunch though, it's easy to accidentally hop into a new story segment and have to savescum to reset the enemies in an area. I'm also confounded at how to improve my combat rating, I always seem to wind up with a B or lower. I've gotten an A all of two times. Playing on hard difficulty.
I'm barely a few minutes into Hollow Fragment, I sorta get the combat but I'm bad at timing skills and stuff. Like, I'll get up to 5 bars and switch, then like a second later my partner asks me to stun the enemy and switch is on cooldown. I don't even know where to start to git gud.
DT2 I'm taking a bit of a break from the story to level the DLC characters. Holy fuck Lucy is great.

What is PSO2 like anyway? Is it a persistent world with players wandering everywhere or is it just a hub world where you find a party of three other people to do quests with? Is there guilds and shit?

No clue, I don't play care for MMOs even when they take out the MM and the O parts, so I never saw a reason to bother with PSO2. All I know is that it's crazy successful to the point only DQ and FF's respective MMOs compare.

Where do you draw the line then? Is Toukiden too much like an MMO for you? I'd imagine PSO has more in common with something like that or SSD than FFXIV. Unless the game is far bigger than I realize.
It kind of bugs me that DQ has one of the biggest MMOs and they didn't even localize it. Not that I know much about it, but I thought only Sega passed on opportunities like that.

Haven't played Toukiden so can't speak on that.

Square seems to hate Dragon Quest and if not for the fact they desperately need it to keep themselves in the black and that Horii could easily go off on his own and just make make it big on his own with it, they'd probably kill it off entirely. As is they settle for sabotaging it in the foreign markets which eat up FF/KH more, hence why few of the titles have gotten foreignizations, and the ones that do get god-awful treatment.

I get the feeling Square's Japanese branch is a lot more prone to liking Dragon Quest than the western one, at least insofar as it helping keep them afloat even when they blow massive budgets on games that may or may not be well received (like three games about Lightning).

Then again, I don't live in Japan; just seems that Square-Enix's western branch doesn't care too much for what was once a rival series doing well out here in the west, between lack of marketing and somehow getting it in their heads that westerners don't want Dragon Quest, and that the ones we do get need to have text-only accents thrown in, as if that "charm" is what the series is known for out here.

It's hard to tell for sure, since DQ's massive financial success combined with being Mario-tier in fame and renown and association with video games means Square would be committing suicide if they were to sabotage it here, but considering how petty businessmen can be (see: Capcom) it would not at all surprise me if the Japanese Square execs held that same grudge the Western branch likely does and sabotage it's foreign performances on purpose.

I still find it hard to believe Capcom pretty much killed Mega Man off. I mean, yeah, I know some people might say it was time after that many games, but I think few companies would have the guts to scrap the series/characters they'd been best known for.

Anyhow, I suppose with Dragon Quest it all comes down to who's in charge of how the games are brought west. Strikes me that maybe the Eastern side just doesn't give the western side much permission to do so these days, or perhaps the western branch would much rather be handling Final Fantasy and the like, do their best to fuck up the western versions of Dragon Quest with accents and the like, and then tell Japan the west doesn't want it. Either way, it comes off as someone burying their head in the sand, since all western fans want is normal releases without censorship or accents (there is admittedly a time and place for using those, but text-only games are not it as it impacts readability and understanding).

I just want my vita games to arrive this month

Those people are full of shit.

Pretty much - West or East, businessmen are petty self-centered fucks, so either scenario is equally likely.

There is never a time or place for censorship, and accents only if the original script would suggest it - i.e. giving a character supposedly from France in the original script a French accent in an English version or the like.

when i google "canada post strike", nothing comes up other than recent results regarding the cool-down period. I want to know the details!

what is the motivation for this strike? what made all these guys butthurt enough to lose paychecks?
i'd like to think it's something to do with Trump.

I didn't mean there's a time and place for censorship, sorry. Meant the accenting. If a character had one in the original Japanese script, and/or uses foreign words (such as English) even there, then it's appropriate to do similar for that character in the English script as well. But it should still be done sparingly, and only for character it applies to, rather than turning the entire thing into an accent clogged mess.

Maybe they want a wall too, but they're too broke so they sacrificed their paychecks to fund one? Sage cause kinda off-topic.

Here is the most recent shit I was talking about;
archive.is/dNAEE

post employees don't have a contract and their pension is all mad fucked up/basically non-existent. Harper didn't do shit and but Trudeau said he'd do something. Guess what? He fucking didn't do shit so he game virtue signal instead.

Please tell me Canada won't re-elect Trudeau when the time comes.

Considering I hear that Trudeau wants to help Mexicans cross into the US from the north if Trump builds his wall with Mexico, we might need a northern wall as well.

Good luck dude. I've hard before that certain games that actually come to NA can be rather hard to find natively in Canada, but I expect the postal service doesn't make things any easier for you guys to get vidya, especially ones you're reliant on imports for.

WHY IS THE FUCKING MOD ON /A/ SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT!

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING SHITHEAD!!!! GO BACK TO 4CHAN OR REDDIT WHERE YOU CAN MODERATE AND BAN PEOPLE ALL YOU WANT BECAUSE THEY SAY SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE!

Literally a power hungry peice of shit who's only self worth is being in a position of power on a fucking image board like some shitbag on a forum!

too many fucking games coming out soon

I wish I had more money.

/a/ mods are pretty damn quick to ban absolutely anything.
That's why the board is so fucking slow.

To keep Holla Forums out. If you haven't figured it out yet the rules are selectively enforced to keep crossboarders from Holla Forums, Holla Forums, and Holla Forums out. Something you can get away with posting one day you may not the next if meido gets it in his head it is a meme from another board.

What's that even a picture of? That 4am thread but just the room? I guess I don't pay attention to peoples memes here.

I posted it not because of 4am but because its a lonely picture.

pic very relevant

What else is new?

You didn't have to use Rugrats though. Pretty much every anime ever made has good lonely pictures in the EDs that you could've used.

i dont have many anime pictures in my reaction folder.

also why is posting an empty kitchen bad.

Baning someone because you didn't like their reaction image is terrible though, it wasn't even MLP.

No user, you are the shitter. Crossboarding killed 4/a/ and 8/a/ will not give an inch.

did the post have anything to do with 4am besides the empty kitchen?

The only 4am thing in that post was the picture, even the post itself seems to be on topic for /a/.

Stu either having left the kitchen or not being in it yet (I forget how that episode played out, but I'm assuming it's the former). The room is empty and devoid of purpose at the time, and the box left on the stove shows Stu left without even bothering to clean up.

To be fair, the idea of anyone being able to create their own boards is supposed to help fight against mods and/or jannies becoming tyrannical. But whether people will actively use an alternate board seems to depend on just how low the old one sinks to. And in many cases, people are more apt to just go to legacy boards anyhow (and once the alternative boards start to lose their posters or posting speed, more people leave, creating a cycle that most likely has everyone just end up back on the bigger boards regardless of quality since they have more of a posterbase to talk with). Just my thoughts, I suppose. I don't post on /a/ here too much at all. Not every board is going to go full /sp/ and retaliate when the mods overstep their bounds.

They might as well just make a rule against posting any images not from or about anime then. Though I do suppose Rugrats has become affiliated with Holla Forums in some minds due to 4 AM threads.

WHATCHA:

Im trying to maken. using Game maker

That's not how this works.

Annoying newfags that tried to act like hardcore otakus killed cuck /a/

/a/ is almost a dead board at this point. If you post in a thread maybe someone else will reply in a month.

That's not how it works either, not even in halfchan unless you were a serial shitposter/tripfag/MLP baiting with your shitty avatar.

Feel free to post all the Holla Forumsshit in /a/ you want then. Just don't be surprised and come crying back to us when you get banned again.

You don't get to decide this.

Which is why the board is dead, I'm not even the guy who posted that image anyway.

Better dead than Holla Forums.

fuck off you fuck, actually defending that shit.
i knew a was shit but i didn't know it was filled with shit.

The thing is no one there will cry about it. The people that actually post there absolutely love the board exactly the way it is. They fucking despise crossboarders.
8ch.net/search.php?search=/v/eddit&board=a
On a dead board six times in eight days they have used the expression Holla Forumseddit

some people prefer having "tyrannical" mods. i quite like the mods on Holla Forums for example.

No, fuck YOU.

I watched my old home slowly lose ground to you parasites and I will not sit by and stay silent as it happens here.

Damn right we do.

They aren't exactly wrong.

Not shit, farts
>>>/a/508436

The mods on Holla Forums are less autistic on their quest of establishing a hugbox as /a/'s.
Seriously you can check /a/ every 2 weeks and you won't miss much.

agreed. these threads are the only ones i like on this board honestly. anytime i look at the catalog though i just feel like shooting myself.

It was not to Holla Forums you stupid fucking brain dead shit, you are so fat your fat literally is killing your brain!

it was the sjw, feminist and moot being a fucking faggot selling out for pussy paid for by gawker. he kicked out the old guard mods and installed new ones that made the website shit.

also the FBI confiscated most of 4chan's servers. Holla Forums literally went to shit because they wouldn't let anyone moderate the board so they could make a honeypot.

Fucking aye

I could barely use 8ch last summer and this year is so much worse. I just tab this thread to see if anyone is actually discussing games and to occasionally shit on people.

There are plenty of good threads, it just happens that Generals are generally cancer.
Let's pray this one never gets invaded by some egotistic avatar/waifufagging /vg/ tier autist who keeps making everything about themselves like what all the other generals in this board have died to.

The way the board explodes every time Kissanime goes down suggests otherwise.

kisswho?

Anyway nigger it's not like there are many worthwhile animes airing now, /a/ suffers the same cancer Holla Forums does, both of their industries are full of recycled generic garbage now.

last time i looked at Holla Forums catalog i just saw the same shit regurgitated over and over, it was boring and i haven't been on Holla Forums in a while.

i used to be one of those. i mostly did it just to prove a point. my point was that my 15-30 posts per thread could not kill a general alone. rather it was their additional 50-60 replies to me that was killing it. they could have filtered me and stopped replying but they did not.
that's not to say i didn't have fun with it though. and believe it or not tripfagging actually makes some good friends, some of my best memories online comes from tripfagging.
lucky for you i'm bored with tripfagging now and so disillusioned with man that i don't have the motivation to shit threads up anymore, and already proved my points.

incase anyone wants to know what the gif is about.

whatever manlet, the faggot posting bait is just as guilty as the people biting them.
That doesn't mean you're witty for being cancer.

Remember to finish the job if you're going to nuke someone, consider it a mercy kill.
Did I mention you can nuke a town in FO4? You should try it.

Well that sure added some much needed context.

I try calling them out about how avatarfagging in pretty much the antithesis of anonymous discussion, but they don't listen. Apparently the ones doing it like having an identity on what is meant as an identityless form of discussion.

i highly disagree, i'd even tell them daily "the reason i use a trip is so you can filter me, but we both know you won't."
and they sure didn't.
also 50-60 replies was an understatement, it was more like 100 every thread.

I've been getting motion sickness from playing my vita lately. Specifically it's the game Natural Doctrine that's doing me in. Especially when I change the camera perspective to 3rd person mode.
Has this happened to anyone else? Will it ever stop ailing me?
Luckily I have a steel stomach thanks to hardcore alcoholic genes, so I shall not be vomiting. I'm just very physically uncomfortable.

Japan is a confusing place.

Does this happen when you play a console game on your TV, or just on handheld systems?

Sometimes, something similar happens to me when I'm playing a handheld system. I think it's a result of staring at a small screen for too long. Last time, I had to take a break from using handheld systems for a day or two.

I don't have any consoles, I'm a handheld/PC man. But I do get sick from watching movies and scrolling on the internet, just not as badly as playing the Vita.
It only started happening yesterday. I've never experienced this before.

It's the little things

I feel you user.

kissanime is an anime streaming website.

can't say I relate much user. I know it tends to be an issue in a lot of FPS games, but I haven't read about many experiencing it, I think there were a few who did while playing Gravity Rush though. Do you have a PSTV? Maybe playing on a larger screen will lessen the effect (or would it just make it worse?) I'm sorry I don't really have any answers for you user

For me, it was caused by the strain of focusing on a small screen for too long. Actually, the Vita has been the best handheld for me in that regard, since the large, clear screen is much easier for me to focus on.

huh, it didn't post my first image for some reason. Lets try that again…

I watch more anime than anyone in this thread, guaranteed, and I had to cut myself off cold-turkey from going on /a/ precisely for this reason.

I just want one fucking place on the internet where I can talk about anime freely while calling people niggers willy-nilly, but without nazi mods. Due to the rulecucks and retards in power on /a/, I just can't have that unless I go back to cuckchan /a/, which obviously comes with its own bag of shit.

It hurts. It still hurts.

i'd suggest maybe looking around myanimelist for people that aren't shit eating retards that likely use /a/, making a chat room someplace and inviting them all so you can all talk together. or you could just talk to them one on one.
myanimelist is a pretty great site, i have a terrible memory and can't even remember the titles of my favorite shows sometimes. it remembers for me.

You'd be banned simply for saying this on our /a/. But I'm not that retarded.

Like you, I also use it as a source of information, through which it actually becomes a great site. I use it for looking up seiyuu all the time, OP/ED credits, and as a simple checkmark list of episodes watched. When you watch as much as you do, both current season and past shows, it becomes pretty easy to simply forgot you're watching things unless you have a list at-hand. In all this, the site is superb.

The community is still completely garbage, so even though I'm grateful for the advice, I won't be taking it. I'm a masterNEET who finds it incredibly hard to speak to people with any sort of identity associated so I don't think that's for me.

I'll just continue my lonely watching until a new anonymous chan-like place opens, or the heads of /a/ kill themselves. I hope for the latter, since the userbase of /a/ actually isn't all that bad. It's just the dogshit gestapo mods.

Tell them yes

twitter.com/5pbgamesusa

5pb.jp/games/pbbg/en/

considering the anime was shitty i don't think the game would be any better

Reminder that 5pb are bros and they licensed the PS3 version of Eiyuu Senki for Fruitbat Factory to localize so they are definitely open for business if someone wants to pick it up.

i really hate how much focus companies put into fucking twitter.
even obscure video game developers.
does this developer so obscure that i didn't even know they exist who did a video game adaptation of an obscure anime i didn't even know exists really think that the fans of that type of thing give two fucks about social media?
it's not just them, lots of devs do it.
asking friendless neets to contact them via twitter is fucking insulting

You could write a paper letter. Facebook is the one that really doesn't make sense. At least Twitter isn't based on people you know in real life.

I like being relaxed and comfy when I play games and I'm a fan of games that reflect that. Fine with both Western and Eastern developers, like RPGs but honestly don't care to import because I don't speak Nip and don't really care to learn. That said I'd possibly do it if the bulk of comfy games were from Japan. Is it worth getting one if I won't import and if I do import then is knowing Japanese a necessity to enjoy myself? Is PSO2 actually good? Cause I used to play the shit out of the original and PSP games

I bought Rayman Legends* (*Used) and a new copoy of Trillion: God of Destruction yesterday. What am I in for Trillion?

*What am I in for in Trillion?

Not really though the same could be said of every console

well if you'd use actual words instead of saying comfy meme over and over, maybe i'd be able to give you an answer.

Okay, games that are, for lack of a better term, mindless. Beat 'em ups, Katamari esque games, Harvest Moon/farm Sims, rhythm, games with good music, even games where, once you get good at them you hit a point of autistic Zen and can just play without your full focus like monhun. Games that are good for winding down. Does that help?

I think we're just operating on entirely different brain levels here, because I get active as fuck in all of those. Rhythm games especially make me tense as fuck.

When I play anything action oriented for longer than an hour then it becomes less focus and more reflex for me. Same with shootan. And I find sim type games to be incredibly relaxing, mostly because I always try to find efficient ways to run things early on so I can enjoy characters and environments later. I used to have shit set up in Harvest Moon AWL to where I'd only have to do a minute of any real work before my character slept and after he woke. The rest was just kind of exploring, fishing and chilling out with my cows and chickens.

I agree with you in rhythm games, though. I just don't play the hardest songs in the hardest difficulty so I do T get super tense about it.

So guys, I got a £30 Amazon gift card and I'm going on a trip in a third world boredom-haven and I want some vidya to keep me company. I already got Persona 4 golden, but does anybody have any must haves that I can buy? (I already looked at the OP but I can't decide)

twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/752528282248175616

my go to recommendation for anyone is muramasa rebirth.
but my personal favorites that are more niche are sorcery saga curse of the great curry god and natural doctrine. natural doctrine is hard as fuck.

What kind of retarded mentality is this?

It in no way surprises me that 8/pol/acks love their shitty hugbox. That board is shit too, Holla Forums died a long time ago.

Muramasa is good, DT2 is a good timesink with waifus/fap material, and Estival Versus is fun.

I was wondering why I didn't receive any review code today, when we were told we'd get it by now. Huh.

PQube says VD will be coming Quarter 4 this year, and that it WILL be a physical release.

Hell yeah.

Waifus, happiness, and then lots of death and despair. Stack everything into SPD and ATK, trust me.

Since you have an RPG, I'd suggest a non-RPG so you're able to mix things up.

Gravity Rush is fun, I highly recommend it for any Vita owner. get the DLC if you can, they give you a handful of extra bonus challenges and an outfit

Senran Kagura Estival Versus is also a good one, it's fast paced, mostly silly, and has plenty of tiddies. It's a musou style game, so it may or may not be your thing.

Sword Art Online Lost Song is like a single-player action ie not turn-based MMORPG where you can fly around, have three people in your party, and other cool shit. BUT If you hate the source material, don't bother, as the game features plenty of fan service with characters.

Earth Defense Force 2 is SUPER cheap on Amazon right now, and features a hefty amount of missions already on top of havein 6 difficulty modes. The higher the difficulty, the better weapon drops you get in-mission. Plus you get to kill giant bugs n shit. It's campy and fun.

Killzone Mercenary is pretty good. If you like first person shooters, well, this is just about the only decent one on the Vita. The single-player campaign isn't terribly long however.

That's all I got for user off the top of my head as I just woke up

fug, I wonder what caused them to delay

If you're upset about Gravity Rush 2 being on PS4, the game has a release date for japan (7/19) but not for the west, meaning they're spending their time to censor the game.

you shut you fucking whore mouth I swear to god

I think I should mention that I got most of the games that were availible for free through PS+ (so I've already played Gravity Rush, Uncharted, LBP), The first Danganronpa is only £7 at the moment on the PS store so I'm gonna dip a little to buy that.
I just looked at a few games on Amazon and the prices are ridiculous. Danganronpa is £25 on there. I don't care if it's a physical copy It's three times the price. I honestly don't know what I'm looking for, but I will say I'm not a huge fan of platformers (with a few exceptions).

On a more autistic note, a week ago Bamco put this english trailer up.

It seems they really are bringing all the best from Hollow Fragment. Armor changes your appearance, you can give you partners armor and coordinate your appearances. They're bringing back the Switch system (not that it wasn't present in Lost Song, but it's really under-done in LS compared to HF), and party members will coordinate with you in battle by asking you to Stun the monster or switch with them etc. Big boss battles are back too, which were a real treat in HF. On top of all that, the combat is a lot less stilted looking and you can build up a damage multiplier as long as you keep a combo going, rewarding aggressive play. I think in another trailer it was shown that you could give your party members roles (Attack/Support/Defense I assume). I couldn't be more excited for this though.
too bad it's digital-only on Vita

Trillion is only about $17USD on Amazon, and Earth Defense Force 2 Invaders from Outer Space is currently about $16. I don't know if the UK prices are slashed like that or not though.

WHAT

What could they censor? It's not like Gravity Rush had anything that "bad" in it.

There was a scene in the original when where Kat is almost naked with a towel and then there's the fetish DLC costumes.

Well despite the gal gun delay, at least we've got some 100% reassurance for VD

operationrainfall.com/2016/07/11/valkyre-drive-bhikkhuni-not-censored/

Based PQube.
I'm completely out of $ so the delay doesn't affect me so much since I'll wait more until I buy it.

The delay appears to happen because they couldn't make enough physical copies in time Hopefully that means it's been preordered like fucking hotcakes. SJWs BTFO

It has. Geraint Evans - the founder of Rice Digital, and the Head of Marketing for PQube - told me at AX that the title was doing fantastic with pre-orders.

Music to my ears.
As soon as my wallet is ready I'm getting this. In the meantime the JP demo is waiting for me - just started it but didn't go through the whole level yet.

Now just imagine

Picked up Dungeon Travelers 2 from Gamestop. I had no clue this game came with a calendar. That's pretty neat. Well, now I get to continue the game where the demo left off.

I made an extra save, just in case deleting the demo somehow screwed up, and now I still have that extra save file. How do I delete it? CMA only lets me delete the whole thing. I don't want that.

We've been through dark times, but now the light and the end of the tunnel is close.
I've been lurking the NISA forums for the bombshell to drop, and here we go:
nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=16915&start=525

Copy with CMA to PC and check the SAVEDATA folder. Some games group all the savefiles in one package (e.g. Persona 4) so if that's the case, just leave your other save there and overwrite it when needed.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, sure.

Ffff, screwed up order of my post.
The 'Yeaaaaaaaah' was supposed to be after the quotes.

I can hardly wait. I still want to get Yomawari though - at least NISA did not fuck up Firefly Diary since it has literally no dialog to fuck up.

E== ==X== ==P== ==A== ==N== ==D

They're already going full damage control and the games aren't even out yet! Holy shit this just keeps getting better

shit fucked up my red text

NISA's so full of shit, I'm amazed they can still see. Senran Kagura has a touching minigame of sorts that's like Criminal Girls, you know they'd censor the hell out of that game.

Are pic 1 and 2 girls from ToCS?

yes; #1 is Millium, #2 is Fie and #4 is Silica from SAO. No clue on the third one though.

PQube mentioning anything if it's going to be a regular release you can buy on Amazon or (in this case, maybe not the smartest idea) Gamestop or Walmart, or only through an online supplier? Just curious, considering how for a good while, people had thought it to be a never-ever.

Also, someone ought to ask them if they might consider Omega Labyrinth for a future title to bring over if they're wanting to go full force on uncensored translation of vidya other companies won't touch.

I don't even like Persona 4 that much, but goddamn it that shit is charming. Although the whole 70% VN thing is a turn off. I don't know if the game is that fun to play, either.

they got Anthony Burch's sister to voice Rise.
Even if you don't give a fuck about that cuck she turns in a shit performance and by buying it you are endorsing it.
The game is essentially fanservice for the purse owner crowd. If you don't care about P4 why not just buy an actual rhythm game instead? Miku, IA, Miracle Girls, 575, Taiko, DJmax, Xonic, Nep PP, that shit senran cooking spin-off

If it helps, the game bombed hard hence why even the special edition is going for like 4000 right now.

For what purpose? I can't imagine that anyone who'd be playing anything by Atlus, even in America, would want an English dubover.

Who does she voice? Is she the new Chie, because she's a shit. Either way,
youtu.be/xjkn6XN-WsI

That looks kind of fun, man.
It's about as hard as IA, by the looks of it. I'd have to import IA, though.
Already have that on the way.
Don't like Miku songs.
Have the PSP games available. Technika Tune might be a thing later.
Iunno.
Either don't want Nep shit? Really nigga? SENRAN? or don't know it.

I'm aware. I just thought it was a shitty game before, but it actually looks alright. Plus, I can play dress up, and I'm a sucker for that shit.

FUCK. Alright, maybe I'll get something else for now.

I don't think they've mentioned anything along those lines yet. I've got a good gut feeling you could at least get it from Amazon, RiceDigital, and probably PlaAsia though.

As for actually being in brick-and-mortar stores? No telling yet I suppose

I haven't played any of the Vita titles, but the 3DS beat 'em ups are pretty damn solid.

Only 2 is decent. Burst is bad.

where do you think you are?

Both of those series are mediocre-to-complete shit. I don't care where this is.

Oh I see you must have gotten lost. This is the thread for discussing Vita games. You want to find a board for dick sucking faggots with no taste.

I don't generally mind dubs, but I do find it a bit odd that, for a (sub)series of JRPGs actually set in Japan, they insist on going dub only for Persona games.

Suppose I'll have to order through Amazon if I do decide to get it. Not that that's a bad thing, but I do hope things turn out better ordering through them than it did for people that Aksys shafted on ZTD's release shipping out.

Irony. Literally sold Neptunia Rebirth last weekend because it became boring.

Does Taiko require any drum peripheral, or is it just a touch screen? I only vaguely remember some arcade setup with a couple drums. And what's 575 like?

Taiko on Vita uses the D-Pad, Face buttons, and L/R buttons. I don't think touch screen is even an option for it, but there are several configurations to choose from.

Nigger, this is Atlus we're talking about, and with one of their most popular franchises. They will use any and every excuse they can muster to "justify" their dub-only audio tracks.

New Chie is Erin Fitzgerald. I like her a lot, but she's a shitty Chie.

The betacuck's sister who gets infinitely more action than him replaces Laura Bailey as Rise in DAN. And it's a shitty, phoned-in "fuck you, pay me" performance, too.

lewdgamer.com/2016/07/11/gal-gun-double-peace-western-release-delayed/

fuuuuuuck

you're late

techraptor.net/content/galgun-double-peace-western-release-delayed-2-weeks

Why was it that it bombed? Too many new players? Not enough interest in a rhythm game? Didn't bother with P4G, but I'm probably going to check this out. I know someone with the game, so I might be able to borrow it before I buy.

Would be better if it weren't vocaloid, but still.

Nothing

Disgaea 3, preferably without paying the lazy fucks at NISA.
Maybe Senrans if it's affordable.

A Vita, which is why I'm not playing anything right now.

You might want to double check whether or not they caused any issues with the Vita version in localization. Just saying, between they're usual reputation for fucking up, and the fact that their prior portable port of Disgaea 2 for the PSP had some issues related to the DLC for it, or something.

Replacing an old one, or buying one for the first time?

Little bit of both.
My brother had a vita that was my first experience with the console, but then he left and ended up losing it along the way.
Buying my own because fuck sharing physical goods.
nice digits, by the way

Thanks.

If you need general ideas for what the system has, you can check the image in OP's post. It's not exactly a "recommended games" image though.

I like enough of that list to buy the console instead of waiting for pc ports, if that's what you're getting at.

Does the Vita TV let you use more than one controller for an adhoc multiplayer game?

And does the Vita TV have a composite output option?

it only has an hdmi port but you might be able to use some kind of adapter for composite

Let me ask you this, why would you play a SINGLE PLAYER MMO?

The a game is shit unless you're a die hard fan of the series, even then if you like the anime, you should probably kill yourself. It use WoW combat, let that sink in, WoW COMBAT MECHANIC
Why would you waste your time playing a fake MMO when you can play a real MMO instead.

To waste time without a subscription, I guess. And waifus.

Only WoW and FFXIV have subs, there are others good MMO without a subs like Tree of Savior, Black Desert online, and even wildstar

Play a better game like Akiba Strip or Senran Kagura

I'm playing Totori as my first ever Atelier game.
Best I can describe it is… cozy, I guess? I haven't played many games like it. There's a time limit for things, but so far I haven't felt pressured or rushed. It's just pleasant. Brings some warmth to my cold dead heart.

Muramasa rebirth. I kind of like the game play but I think their needs to be an intermediate difficulty setting.
When the fuck is the vita port of salt and sanctuary coming out?
Nothing for now. I'm getting a ps3 soon.

Wizards should not wear plate armour, or armour of any kind.
If you aren't wearing robes and using a staff, you aren't a wizard. Headwear is also recommended, hood is acceptable and pointed hat recommended, but it's less strict.
If you are none of these you are just a generic mage or sorcerer.

Just realised that's the wrong picture of her for the game I'm playing. Oh well. Any excuse for animu chicks.

who says they can't? magic works differently in every fantasy universe.
if that universe's version of magic cannot be restricted by clothing, then why wouldn't they wear heavy armor?

2 wizard definition
: one skilled in magic : sorcerer

It's just not what wizards do. It doesn't come with the territory. It's not part of the wizardly profession.

My only familiarity with Atlus USA is screenshots on the board of their godawful atrocities in text, I would never play Atlus games in English.

Damned if I know, but it's dirt fucking cheap.

To be fair, a single player MMO removes the two biggest problems, namely the multiplayer and the online, but that wasn't enough to save .hack unfortunately.

Maybe because if they don't have the physical build for it, heavy armor is going to make moving around hard, and just having all that weight on them is going to sap energy to keep standing? Though I suppose that doesn't apply to muscle wizards; not sure what the character models in that game exactly look like.

That said, it's a game. There's a point where breaks in logic are fine. In one of my favorite games, one of the (if not THE) single most powerful actions you can take is making the sniper in the group max out on energy and deplete his bullet count, and then burn his energy from full to zero to melee the enemy with his rifle for 1000 x [level] as damage. Instantly Kills pretty much anything aside from a few of the bonus bosses. Logically, it has no business being that strong compared to the actual bullets it puts out (which do a good bit of damage on their own by the end of the game, more-so with buffs/debuffs), but damn if it isn't cool.

Still strikes me as absolutely retarded that Namco hasn't seen fit to do a pair of cheaply priced HD collections for those, let alone a PSN rerelease.

Knights in the dark ages didn't have the physical build to wear plate armour either, everyone was a malnourished peasant surviving on one potato a day.
They did it anyway.

Do you ever think to play,oh I don't know.. A REGULAR RPG? And last I check, .hack games didn't have recast timer

Because you don't have to worry about having a shitty internet connection or having to deal with other players, and also there's no subscription. You seem to really be emphasizing that "WoW combat mechanic" thing, but what MMO DOESN'T have it straight ripped from WoW, or their own variation of it? The answer, is practically none. "Real" MMORPGs put me to sleep, literally. The last decent MMO I played was Tera, before it went to absolute shit a few years ago. FF14 looks good, but that's a subscription fee every month that isn't worth playing for a game I may not wind up enjoying.

The SAO anime was not the greatest thing ever, by any means, but it's better than your typical flavor-of-the-month shit; I won't deny its flaws either. But one can enjoy something even though it's flawed. It seems to bother you that people actually enjoy the games, they're good time sinks. The weapon tree in Hollow Fragment keeps everything feeling fresh combat-wise, while being able to issue commands to your partner mid-combat is a fucking godsend. Lost Song's much-improved visuals, similar combat style, while letting you play as one of the numerous SAO character and forming a party of three gave everything a fresh of breath air; not to mention you can fly, which is always fun. Aerial combat is a bit wonky, sure, but it's plenty manageable. On top of that, Lost Song has the entire Norse mythology-themes dungeons and bosses, which is always pretty cool if you ask me.
And yes, waifus is always a thing.

No idea what a recast timer is, but that's why I don't play MMOs to begin with. Just explaining, taking away those factors would be a huge improvement.

he means the cool down period after you use a skill/spell/ability.

Loads of games that aren't MMOs have that.

So, what, like a move that makes you unable to act the next turn or something?

It's usually a cooldown on that specific ability. They're usually in action RPGs, not turn-based RPGs.

Sure I guess, it's just most often seen in MMORPGs and action RPGs.

Whoops, hit "enter" and it just posted your post number…
It's mainly there to keep you from spamming the same skill/ability over and over and over. As soon as you activate it, the time starts ticking. Usually the more powerful the skill, the longer the cool-down, generally-speaking. Like if I'm using a Bow as my weapon, and I use a special skill that rains arrows down on the enemy from above, I won't be able to use that ability again for, say, another 15 seconds, but I can still use basic attack, items, or other abilities while that one is on cool-down.

Why would adding an MMO mechanic in an RPG improve anything? Are you saying WoW combat is actually a good combat mechanic compare to turn based or action rpg? When peoples see the gameplay video, they might confused it with action RPG (Ys/Akiba Strip) but its not, its tab targeting like WoW.

I just want to warn peoples before wasting money and time on a pile of shit.

Huh, I play action RPGs a fair bit, but I can't think of any with that mechanic off the top of my head. Most just use an MP type system.

Hm, so kind of like Hunting Skills in Monster Hunter Cross if they were just time-based instead of building up when you hit the monster or get hit I guess?

No no no, I'm saying that removing the multiplayer and online aspects is an improvement to a game, I'd never say to ADD MMO aspects to a game.

Depending on the MMO, there's still a resource being consumed for it, it's just that there's usually a GCD (Global cooldown; prevents using any ability for a very short duration) and/or a cooldown of X time until a given ability can be used again. For most abilities the cooldowns aren't generally that long if you're expected to use them quite regularly, but for other really strong ones, or ones that are of a lot of use situationally, there's longer ones that can be more in terms of minutes rather than seconds before they can be used again. Hence why stuff like 'blowing a cooldown" is something MMO players need to weigh, whether it's worth using something if they're not sure they'll have more need for it between then and when the cooldown has ended. And sometimes even items can have cooldowns in MMOs, even the "just for fun" ones that don't actively help your character do anything (aside from maybe annoy everyone around you).

Anyhow, as far as non MMO RPGs go, Xenoblade has a similar system of combining resources with cooldowns. I expect the .hack games probably do as well, though I've not yet played them myself. Tales of Eternia had an actual cooldown on one particular ability (Summon Destiny) that was I think either 30 minutes or an hour of ingame playtime between uses. Just what comes to mind.

But SAO did exactly that in term of combat and grind. The game is very very grindy if you want to unlock a certain weapon skills. Let say I want to use Katana or 2-handed sword, you need to grind rapier skill to max level for whatever reason. I can't just pick a katana and use it, NO, you have max out this shit weapon skill before you can do that.

i don't understand how "it kills time" is even a defense.
we're all going to die one day. i'll only have enough time on this earth to experience 1/10th of the media i want to.
why in the fuck would i waste it on a game that's shitty by your own admission, instead of using that time on something worth a shit that people have nice things to say about rather than "it kills time"?

I never said SAO's was great or amazing, just that it's not the worst ever. You seem to just really hate it regardless though, and that's a-okay friendo. Not everybody likes the same things.

If people like action RPGs and waifus and don't totally abhor SAO, they'll probably find the games fairly enjoyable.

Essentially.. It can go a lot deeper depending on the game and such, but that's the basic gist of it.

.hack I don't recall having it, but it's been a while. The only Tales game I played was Phantasia, which doesn't have it.

I can't speak on SAO, never heard of it, was just saying that removing multiplayer and online can only be good things.

Fair enough.

But SAO:HF ISN'T AN ACTION RPG for fuck sake, this is why I want warn peoples to not fall your lies. Do you think World of Warcraft is an action rpg? Fuck no. stop telling lies to peoples to buy shit game. The only reason peoples like this game is because they like the anime, which is fine but also mean you are bias.

lel, what? rapiers have absolutely nothing in common with katanas. what a shit game. they should use SAO in game development classes as an example of what not to do.

Its already exist m8, its called RPG

Exactly. It's a great genre.

Tales games usually don't have cooldowns at all (the main catch being that you have enough TP and/or CC, as well as your artes flowing into each other well in the older games), unless you count the time between being able to go into Overlimit (or in Eternia, Vitality Max, or Chromatus Form in Xillia 2) as one. That Summon though is just an odd case of an overpowered cameo ability they didn't want spammed.

Funnily enough, I recall seeing something about SAO (the LNs) being required reading for a particular college class someone found. Can't remember if it was meant as a favorable look at it or "an example of what NOT to do" though.

Hollow Fagment isn't an action RPG, but the faggot fairy sequel is

and you really hit the nail on the head with that. That's one of the things I really rather like about the SAO games. Especially when you can have really shitty party members in actual MMORPGs or just any sort of multiplayer/co-op game in general. Having a team mate that's doesn't do their part or worse, fucks everything up, really ruins the fun of the game. So having an NPC partner/partners is a godsend, especially when you can give your partner a command like in Hollow Fragment, and then tell them "good job", which reinforces them to continue those types of actions/play style. Lost Song doesn't have that mechanic, unfortunately. But as I said earlier, HF is much more MMO-y than LS anyway.

Well user, it's not a turn-based RPG by any means. Not to mention the battles are real time, where you can dodge and block or perform Switch/counters and use special skills while you gain XP and items from enemies. It's no tales or Star Ocean I suppose, sure, but I fail to see how the live-combat, active dodging/blocking, and active battle commands don't make it an action RPG.

But it IS essentially an ARPG, and I'm not lying about anything. The Action-RPG genre is a very broad one, user.

On top of all this, anyone who doesn't watch gameplay video(s) of a game for themselves before purchasing it are almost surely setting themselves up for some sort of disappointment by not properly checking out a game before purchasing it. I haven't told a single lie, user.

I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye, and I respect your opinion, but I won't stand to be called a liar when I'm not lying.

I won't deny that. I do enjoy SAO to a point. The anime has it's own flaws and is by no means a perfect product, not even close, but yes I did enjoy the first arc of season one and the latter arcs of season 2 quite a bit. So yes, I'm biased. I've enjoyed the games more than the anime as well, however, as they focus more on the characters and the side characters who got shafted to a trope in the anime get some legitimate development (albeit not as much as I'd like) in the games.

do tell what disqualifies it as an action RPG, I am genuinely curious. If I am mistaken about labeling HF as such, I want to know why. But as I stated above, the term/genre "action RPG" is quite broad.

Well, first off
There isn't one, you can dodge AoE attack but you cannot dodge an attack. It doesn't rely on hitbox like Ys or Akiba Strip. Just like WoW, an attack doesn't need to be connected to register as a hit. Not only that, a connected attack doesn't always register as hit because it largely depend on stats.

Stop lying to peoples, you dont actively dodging or blocking.

But you HAVE to physically dodge out of the way of the attack, AOE or standard, to avoid it. And when you successfully perform a "perfect" dodge, you get a crit bonus or a stat buff for a short time verifying you did it just right. If you weren't physically evading the attack, how then can you even perform the perfect dodge, or even get the bonus for doing so? If I dodge a physical attack in the game from an enemy, avoiding the swing of an orc's club for example, I don't take damage. If I nail the timing just before the attack lands, then I get that "perfect dodge" as well. Admittedly, the window for dodging is tighter than for parrying, due to having to move your entire hitbox out of the path of the enemy's attack instead of staying still to counter it; making parrying a bit easier to get away with, but that doesn't change anything here.

But you saying that I'm lying implies I'm intentionally deceiving people while having an ulterior motive for doing so. I am not doing this nor would I have any sort of motive for doing so in the first place. I just want to understand/know if I'm wrong, so I can stop being in the wrong, so I can learn. However, I've yet to see where or how I've been in the wrong since this discussion started.

I do have to admit, I'm rather enjoying this discussion though. I mean, we're actually talking about videogames

Are you fucking retarded? you dont dodge shit because once the enemy is locked on you, you cant get away. If you have to actively dodge, why does some attack sometimes register as a miss?

If you can actively dodge, how about you show me a gameplay video where Kirito suffer no damage in boss battles? There is none because cant fucking dodge.You can't even flank the boss if its locked into you, the only way you can do that if its lock to another npc, dumbass

I'm not going to disagree that there are better options than SAO, but
Shit series carried by sex appeal.
A painfully average ARPG. Having played Plus, I don't see much to like about this game. You might as well just play SAO. It's probably about as repetitive but more enjoyable.

Yeah, that looks substantially more interesting than fucking Akiba's Trip. And can't you carry around your waifu or something?

How about you play real action rpg

It's like you completely ignored what I was saying. It's better than Akiba's Trip for both what he recommended it and generally speaking.

At least post a non-shit Ys game. You want to talk about button mashing, that is a fine example.

in what way exactly? certainly not in the combat deparment

such a weird thread today

kill yourself my man

I don't know what there is to enjoy with Akiba's Trip's combat. I'm not understanding why you're claiming it's better.

It was suggested over SAO for waifus, there seems to be more interaction with whatever girl you choose in SAO. Plus, you can bring a harem with you at all times. That's a much better option. Hell, even Senran is a better option than Akiba's Trip just pick a girl and watch every rip their clothes off.

If you're responding to my poor reception of Celceta, I stand by what I said.

I agree.

i'm buying terraria cause it's the closest thing to a roguelike on the vita there is if you play with permadeath enabled on the hardest difficulty.

the things i have to do for depth…

And Akiba's Trip have waifu+good combat+multiple ending+milf

Sex appeal does carry it financially, but financial success often has little to do with the actual quality of the game. Senran's a fun game.

Shiren and Omega Labyrinth.

I seriously question your opinion. I found it pretty monotonous, and it got monotonous very quickly.
Cool, but if you don't like playing the game, this means nothing.
Alright.

You know Terraria's on PC, right? And Shiren is coming out at the end of the month.

>When leaving the dungeon, Aina's chest returns to its normal size, though accumulated Omega Power can be used to purchase items.[1]
doesn't sound like a roguelike to me

lol! pokemon meme game.
source is right here blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/08/shiren-the-wanderer-launches-july-26th-on-ps-vita/
shiren has always been casual shit but now it's at its all time worse

Fair enough. I don't personally like player interaction in games like that. Didn't actually know that was a thing. Demon Gaze rubs me the wrong way for similar reasons. Although that game is also very easy.

Such passive aggressive tone when asking about why SAO is a good game.

If you like, then its up to you. But when you recommend it other peoples, I have to give my opinion on it since the game is not that good.

I would have suggested Adventure Bar Labyrinth, but Sony killed PSM. It wasn't super hard or anything, but it was a fun, simple roguelike. I'm still upset. You might have been opposed to that, though, since there is a scroll or something that will let you keep an item if you die. It's rare, though.

Why doesn't Sony offer the PSM game as minis or something?

I never claimed SAO was a good game. I literally said it was better than Akiba's Trip FOR WHAT IT WAS RECOMMENDED. Please actually read the posts in the thread.

Really now? you gonna double down and said the game is not good? Then why are you recommending a bad game? If a person have to choose between Akiba's Trip and SAO, you would rather recommend SAO? Good thing I'm here to warn peoples about the game.

I wasn't recommending it, I was COMPARING it. Good fucking lord, gain some reading comprehension.
Fucking yes, Akiba's Trip is an ARPG with a boring battle system. SAO is at least serviceable for what it's going for. SAO gets repetitive as well, due to damage sponge bosses, ala MMOs, but if you're looking for a waifu game, YES, it is better. That was the point of my comparison.

Whatever apparent boner you have for ARPGs should not apply to Akiba's Trip. Its combat is dull as all fuck.

Although honestly, if someone really just wanted some waifu shit, they'll probably get both at some point. Or Persona 4. It's not as though you have few options to choose from.

Like I'm gonna listen to any games you recommend.
Your track record on games recommendation isn't that great. I suggest you shut the fuck up

I didn't get shit on. He said that wasn't what he was looking for. Unfortunately for him, there aren't many roguelikes available.

Well, I'm glad that we're done here. Jesus fucking Christ, the people that frequent here are ridiculous. And again, you fucking moron, I wasn't recommending anyone get SAO. Not, at least, until you brought up the hypothetical question.

Holy shit dude, just stop

Are you trying to suggest having a currency system disqualifies a game from being a roguelike?

What does Pokemon have to do with anything? They're not even remotely related genre-wise, and Shiren predates Pokemon by a good bit.

>source is right here blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/08/shiren-the-wanderer-launches-july-26th-on-ps-vita/

I'll agree that multiplayer is always cancerous no matter the genre. Is it at all required to play the game?

Absolute fucking idiot.

WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING, VITA THREAD?
What have you bought? What do you want to get later? Are you having fun? Are you not? Praise the game. Criticize it. I don't care; just don't be stupid about it.

leaving the dungeon = ending the game. hence why her chest is returned to normal size. leveling up in the game causes the chest size to increase.
currency is absolutely fine in roguelikes, however this game lets you keep it when you start a new game.

the same devs as shiren did pokemon: mystery dungeon. they're actually the same franchise in title.
now tell me why i would want to touch anything a dev who did licensed pokemon shit developed? pokemon killed JRPG's and then they killed roguelikes next.

So for you a roguelike must only ever be one dungeon?

So you're writing off the entirety of the franchise because of a spinoff that came over a decade later?

all is well. these are fine roguelike mechanics.
then comes
not a roguelike anymore.

dude. shiren the wander and pokemon mystery dungeon are one and the same. it's the same game with a pokemon coat of paint on it.
if you want to play a casual pokemon roguelike with no threat of death, go ahead. but you're not going to convince me to play complete diarrhea for little kids. i can play sil for free

So, again, you're arguing that a roguelike can have zero consistency or progression, and that the game is entirely one dungeon?

While I haven't played any of the Pokemon spinoffs, the Sekaiju no MeiQ FushiDan was pretty damn different from Shiren or Torneko's, incorporating a lot of the mechanics from MeiQ into the FushiDan format. I highly doubt the Pokemon FushiDans are exactly the same as the main ones.

so i'm playing the game. i'm a terrible player. i get 500 failed runs in a row.
now i have gold from 500 failed runs, thousands and thousands of gold.
now i can afford to buy myself anything.
now i can start a new run with my character wearing a full suit of armour and a weapon that does 3d40 damage.
this does not belong in a roguelike.

and you're still not going to convince me to play pokemon.

Did it say that you keep your money when you die, or just when you leave the dungeon?

So you're just assuming? Because that doesn't work in Omega Labyrinth, if you die in the dungeon you lose everything - inventory, equipped items, acquired currency, everything. Even if you stockpile currency from the early dungeons too, you can't buff up that way - the shop only sells healing/food items and a couple of support items, as well as the most basic level weapon.

I don't recall at any point saying you should.

You don't keep anything if you die, and can in fact lose very good equipment very easily in a number of ways.

i stand corrected then, you can understand why I would assume the worst.
how long does it take to beat one "mission" on average? under six hours is a deal breaker.

In this day and age and for a game as overflowing with tits as it is, I don't blame you. And all that said, it's certainly not the most hardcore of the genre, but it's still respectable enough to be considered a worthwhile addition IMO.

It's one of those with a steadily progressing story with each dungeon getting longer and longer. The last story dungeon is 50 floors and took me just over 4 hours the first time through… then the actual game begins with the 99 floor tower in which you can't gain experience levels.

i guess i'll buy it, thanks for explaining why my cynicism is wrong

No problem. Like I said, don't go in expecting the end-all be-all of the genre, but it's a surprisingly solid game all things considered.

if it was any other genre, you would have lost me at "it's not hardcore"
but it's a roguelike. and it's on a fucking handheld! and there are no good ones on handhelds. so i will compromise.
all i'm seeing on ebay is japanese copies though.

I don't keep up with foreign releases much, but considering the climate around the Western industry these days, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get a Western release period.

welp i'm too retarded and lazy to play something in pure gook text.
oh well

Ah, don't worry, it's in proper Japanese, not Korean.

we're talking about omega labyrinth, not pokemon

What are you talking about? Omega Labyrinth came out in November.

Already caught that.

I never check ID's so i didn't realize you were the guy advocating learning japanese.
i want to start, i've wanted to for a while now actually, but I don't because the number of educational materials is overwhelming and i don't know which to use.
which program/book whatever did you first use?

I actually started with classes in high school. They weren't terribly great, but forcing me to do it for a grade helped get me through the early bits and forced me to be able to write kana and basic kanji. There's usually a thread on learning Japanese on the board, right now it's it seems. Glancing over it, they seem to be using some sort of flash card practice program, which I guess could be helpful, but I've never used anything like that so I can't speak to it from experience. The best thing I can recommend is to start from kana, and then work up to basic words, basic kanji, and basic grammar. You shouldn't need to handwrite kana, but depending on your learning style practicing handwriting can help with memorization for some people, so it's worth a shot probably.

thank you
it is time

hey whoa whoa whoa wait a minute
what in the fuck is this?
before i bought terraria, i searched to find out if you can listen to your own music while playing. and two sources said yes.
now i download it and i can't play any music at all.
what the fuck man. have any of you even heard the terraria soundtrack? it's basically the worst OST known to man.
just fuck my shit up

false alarm, it seems you just have to have the music playing BEFORE starting the game. i had never done this before.
kind of stupid prerequisite

If file organization weren't so awful, I would actually consider doing this.

i normally don't, which is why i was ignorant about the background music capability.
but seriously. go look up terraria's ost. it makes me want to die. and the game feels weird with no music at all, so i wanted to play my own.

Well, I guess I'll hope that they call back. If so, then I can actually import some shit later on. Question is, what do I import first? Puyo Puyo Tetris or Sayonara Umihara Kawase?

Fair enough. I honestly haven't heard a lot Terraria's soundtrack. Just seemed kind of ambient with weird sound almost cartoon-like sound effects.

youtu.be/bsSWqVCSaqs?t=4m56s
after hearing this for an hour, anyone would want to die.

strange journey's OST will be much more enjoyable to listen to while playing terraria, albeit unfitting

Man, this general has gotten autistic. I swear it wasn't even like this a couple weeks ago.

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis Trailer

I have achieved Comfy Nirvana
I finally understand the appeal of this series completely

It took me a little bit to get into them. It almost feels like you have to play them with a different mindset. (I'm still not used to the presence of guys and could do without them though.)

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/avatars/gangsta-afro-dog-avatar/cid=UP4396-CUSA04449_00-AV00000000000008

Whoops wrong thread. Haha

You say this, but Gino is maximum bro
The blacksmith guy and the bartender are also top tier
It's a game for adventures and alchemy as the little girl, not for sexualisings most of the time. That's my impression so far anyway.

Yeah, some of them are cool, but I don't like the ones that are supposed to be potential love interests.

One more day until my package arrives. Who wants to bet Gamestop sent me generic shit instead of the actual game packaging?

why would you order used from gamestop knowing it's a possibility if it bothers you?

i showed up about a week ago, must just be a coincidence right? :)

Because there was a sale.

I can't help but wonder how then the perfect dodges work? If you can't avoid an enemy's attack once it's locked on to you, why bother putting in a dodge system at all? Wouldn't that just be pointless? Why dodge if the dodging has no point to it and you'll take damage anyway? THAT'S what's got me hung up, it makes no sense to put a dodge system in a game where you effectively can't dodge an attack, as you say. So are you saying that dodging is just for show and it doesn't actually matter if you dodge or not? I just find that perplexing, it just doesn't make a lick of sense. Why put dodging in a game that doesn't need it or rather, when it wouldn't make any difference to being able to avoid attacks? That would just be a waste of company time and resources, if such is really the case.

I wish there was a way we could break down the game for ourselves, see hitboxes (or that lack thereof as you say) and so on. We'd have real concrete answers and proof if we could…

Maybe you can quickly dash out of an AOE attack?

haha. seriously someone needs to put this game to use in colleges as a frame of reference for what not to do.

Yeah can, sort of from what I recall. In that video he posted of the fight with the giant eye, you could see a flashing red cone or circle on the ground where it would launch it's AOE attack, and simply getting out of the way of that would suffice, but in that instance the boss isn't really locked onto you or any other NPC i think….

Seems so. I'm rather baffled by it still. It was a nice discussion though, I learned something from it. But I don't think there's any real way to investigate this further without autistically pouring hours into the game getting hit and dodging various enemies' attacks, not to mention recording it and posting it online, highlighting what's what and what's not as proof, so I suppose this is where it all stands for now, for the forseeable future.

Really now?

For certain games it does.

Hopefully soon, the same guy that did the Axiom Verge port is doing it, and I hope he doesn't fuck it up. Good news for those that don't know, it'll be a cross-buy title.

But SAO IS your typical flavor-of-the-month shit.
This does not, a good game make. Just look at Fallout 4 and Minecraft. I was led to believe that these games were ARPGs, and not some WoW based cooldown shit. The only "singleplayer MMO" I've ever enjoyed was Xenoblade Chronicles and I didn't pay a dime for that.

Moving out of the enemy's range doesn't count as dodging, since their attack doesn't actually work on hitboxes and if you were within range it'll probably hit you anyway. (Or say miss despite the attack crossing the playermodel.

It strikes me more of this particular thread being that way. Maybe the next one won't be as much.

Good luck, but remember that this is why, if ordering online from Gamestop, it's best to only do so for new copies. Granted, my own copy of DT2 was listed as new, but they sent an unsealed one (though since it had the calendar with it still rubberbanded around it, I have to question whether new copies of the game were even sealed to begin with) and I'm still going to have to find a replacement case since this one got warped in shipping.

Trust me, I'm aware. That warped case is a shame, though. Making returns for online items is not fun.
Ayyyy. I'm playing that right now.

Absolutely. If it's still available new for cheap later, I'll be picking it up.

Man you have some awful fucking tastes and standards. At least I know Hollow Fragment is WoW shit now.

I forgot to play this.

Be that as it may, Punchline was a mess of a narrative and cliches with not all that interesting of a plot and cheesecake T&A set as a lure without real promise or delivery. I'd be interested in seeing what else 5pb has to offer, but I'm afraid I can't be confident about that particular project.

Perhaps initially when it aired, but the lasting popularity and the two, and soon three, games it's garnered suggest that it's become much more, that isn't just a quick & done release for one anime season. Not to mention the light novels are still ongoing as well. Your typical flavor of the month anime is hardly this popular or am I just out of touch and this is standard for flavor-of-the-month shit now? It's been a while since i've watched any sort of anime, save for the currently airing Danganronpa 3 series.

Objectively true, without a doubt. But I have fun with it for what it is.

I see now. Right-o then.

I suppose we have established that. However, it IS better than WoW. It has waifus and fanservice, while removing the "must be online" and subscription of WoW.

So you could say it's a pretty good alternative for people who want an MMO-esque experience on Vita without having to make a Jap PSN account while sacrificing a memory card for PSO2.

also, new thread is ready, just waiting til page 5~7

All of those games are niche though, I doubt half the people that even watched the anime bought them. Maybe it's not technically flavor of the month, but it's quality is that of one. They decided to turn it into a cash cow like many of flavor of the month crap. (See, literally any AAA game garbage or baby's first animu)

That's not saying much.
For what purpose? MMO's are terrible and would do horribly on a handheld.

I'm just saying

You are out of touch. This is the standard light novel adaptation. Mind you LNs for the most part are absolute shit because their target audience is 12-16 year olds. Some of them can be pretty damned funny and interesting despite that, but if you read enough you will see how shit the majority are. Even more so when they started as webnovels. The problem most people have isn't even the mediocre at best laughably obnoxious at worst LN is the anime. Somehow seeing Kirito translated to movement and sound makes him even more of a clueless twat of a walking dues ex machina.

SAO is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and edgyness. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad. However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underage faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the arts, peculiar clothes, the whole trapped in an MMO faggotry and everything about the SAO world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and retards eat this shit right the fuck up. SAO is basically THE series to attract the most hated type of posters, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no SAO threads ever encourage the newfags to show their faces here.

Niche in content, but it seems the games managed to sell a lot of copies.

You just had to start with that line, didn't you?

Oh, well then…

I'm not beyond saying it's shit though. The anime is all-too-flawed, but had some pretty enjoyable moments, to me, all the same. I do recognize that as a whole, it IS bad. Everyone's got their own guilty pleasure though, SAO happens to be mine. But i'm well aware it's shit. The story and characters could definitely use some massive improvements. especially the characters that aren't KiddyToe and ASSuna. He really is a walking deus ex machina, but that's one of the things I rather enjoyed about the latter portions of SAO2, because he was hardly involved.

I hadn't considered that before admittedly. But it makes sense now. I don't think I could stomach having a bunch of newfags on here who consider SAO to be god tier or something.
I'll keep my sperging to a minimum then, so as to not attract possible newfags.

Well, he isn't wrong about it being a gateway anime. I'm not quite sure it's the worst one ever for a gateway though. But what would I know? I am out of touch with the anime scene as a whole it seems.

Most people that like SAO have never seen an anime before. They don't even know .hack exists. They think SAO is totally original.

He's not wrong.

Lol this guy likes SAO. What a faggot, hahaha.

New thread here lads:

It's pasta, user. Shitty /a/ pasta.

pastebin.com/FUNjY2cY

Gamestop does allow you to go to a store and do the return. I was able to return my destroyed copies, if people remember that pic from the previous thread. id post again but it isnt saved on my phone anymore
And they ordered the games again and this time they came with the original art and cases in great condition.

Here's your pic if you ever need it again.

it's just amazing how two in a row back to back not only shipped with generic cases but they're also smashed up.
i've ordered shit on ebay forty times a year ever since ebay was invented and never saw anything like it. gamestop's truly fucked.