Postgameum Depression

Guys, you ever beat a game that had your number for a long fucking time, finally triumphant and just felt kinda'… Bummed the fuck out? Yeah, you won, you beat it, you succeeded. But now it's over. Bittersweet is the only way I can describe it.

What was your game? What did you move onto next?

there's sappy games, forgettable games, but then there's "holy shit i'm glad it's over" games

it's like a bad memory you look back on with jest, knowing it wasn't so funny at the time.

Somehow the first playthrough is the 'good' ending compared to the other four endings. At least the second game will have a good ending I hear.

There are few games that made me feel a 'combat high' of sorts. I felt really weird for an hour after beating it.

Gothic 2 was the last one for me. I really enjoyed the world building in it and got kind of bummed out that it ended on a cliffhanger and the sequel fucked everything up.

Currently playing through the trails series and I love its world building as well. However, it got 7 games with one in development and probably more to come.

it's really amazing how video games are just a really special form of story telling.
sad or happy thing is that videogames are more often more interesting than real life

Let's not be too naive, buddy.

I've done this way too many times

I get that a lot, I think I get to into video games

GTA san andreas, mainly because everything after is so shit and rockstar will never make a good game again

Baldur's Gate 2.
Ended up playing Dragon's Dogma afterward, though, which is pretty fun.

This is why you play games with replayablity. You can never finish a good game.

early PS1 era, Bloody Roar 2, played that shit till my thumb got sores on it, then one day i asked myself then what? after nailing Shenlong to the wall. From that day on, i was 10-ish at the time, i stopped going for a 100% completion or too much efforts in games

Rayman 2

It was one of the first games I beat in my whole life.

Let me pretend I had friends for a bit

You'll miss out on a lot of good game then, user.

I played this when it was new but never finished it. I'm going to give it a try now.

Most of my video game time is on a few good games, the type you can put thousands of hours into.

Well, I have another question. As of beating the game I'd been trying to beat for so long my crippling anxiety and terrors have returned with a vengeance due to not distracting myself from reality.

Anyone have a suggestion for games you can fuckin' lose yourself in? Please.

stop distracting yoursel from reality, disconnect yourself from it. i've been on a year long buzz of insanity and it is a bliss

I don't know how to do that. That's why I play video games.

Touhou and grand strategy. Both of these types of games you can distract yourself with for years. They never end. Alternatively you can play an MMO or any kind of grindfest game, but I can't think of any that are good.

break the humanity inside is the best description

Witcher 3 most recently.

Deus Ex (the original) will always be the top spot for me.

Honorable mentions include:

When I beat xbax Ninja Gaiden 2 it felt like I had cheated my way to victory because the last boss had killed me so many times and I used all my cheese to finally win

On the flip side, when I played link to the past back in the day, I didn't know there was a way to beat it, I just explored endlessly and fought things.

Point is, a fun game can be replayed

Dark souls 1 and Bloodborne, both of which's final bosses have an emotional impact, both through the fight itself and the incredible music alongside it. They're my favourite games of all time, Bloodborne topping DS1

I've sunk 255 hours into Witcher 3, I've milked that cow dry but good reccomendation. Also have about 500 in warband, over 433 in Dark souls, nearly eight months of time in WoW and countless fucking hours of runescape and Holla Forumsscape once runescape went to shit.

Witcher 3 was fucking godly though, I'll try to sink some time for all the gwent cards but that's not as grabbing as I'm after.

Know that feel, man.
The saddest part is that the sequels are both not as good as Dark Souls was.
That being said, Bloodborne was almost as good.

Witcher 3 was something I had in my backlog for ages but never bought until, one day, I checked its store page and saw the Overwhelmingly Positive reviews and realized 'Oh fuck, what have I been doing?'

I didn't care much for the combat after 6/8 hours (turned on god mode, sue me), but I liked the story and was invested in almost all of it except for, ironically, Ciri. I got more angry when the Wild Cunts killed your Witcher teacher than I did with anything involving Ciri's storyline. I also absolutely fucking LOVED Wine and Blood and would happily replay that entire DLC again in a year or so once I've forgotten some of its better moments. And what a fucking intro with that Giant tearing apart a windmill five minutes after you get there.

Fuck, forgot about Bloodborne. I liked it way more than The Old Hunters, and nothing can match that feel of going in cold and slowly realizing the werewolves were the most normal enemy type in there. And mfw it went full Old Ones

Not quite the same thing, but I've been feeling kind of bummed out ever since I beat Gradius III last winter, because I know I will never find a [serviceable] game that difficult to beat again.

This user gets it.

Trine 2

Just got the final ending today. Sad as shit, but worth it.

Now I've arrived just in time to watch the sequel be localized right before my eyes.

that surprised me.

>>>/apng/

I loved doing the flying cars cheat code and picking up my homies on grove street and flying really high up in the sky over this one lake and bailing out
and then I would see how many of them actually landed in the lake and survived. I really enjoyed it when they all made it.

KOTOR 1 is the only good one. just like mass effect 1 was the only good one.