Sega Saturn

I just started getting into in Saturn emulation, what are some good games for it?

Also general Saturn thread.

Get Panzer Dragoon, NiGHTS, Destruction Derby, and Primal Rage.
Also, get the first Rayman.
I'd also recommend a game called Titan Wars (in Japan) / Solar Eclipse (in NA). I used to have a lot of fun with it.

Check out Gex,Clockwork Knight and Pandemonium. Pretty neat platformers.Die hard arcade (its the previous entry to Dynamite Cop) for your beatemup needs .Choose any shmup, Dodonpachi and Parodius are pretty good. For JRPGs check out Albert Odessey, Shining Force III (fan translation) and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I dont know how good emulation is for the system I personally own a modded one to play backups. Ive heard you have to mount images and that emulation isnt perfect. It would be nice to have a saturn chart, maybe that way more Saturn threads wouls pop-up. Its a bad system to collect for sadly, fucking scalpers. The Saturn has a mountain of gems.

Virtual-On is on it, so might be worth a shot.

Saturn Bomberman as well.

Castlevania SOTN just for a Maria run if you get bored.

NO
This game has good art but that's about it. Everything else is shit and also weird as fuck.

How much different is maria from alucard?

pick up Christmas NiGHTs and wait until december to play it, it's short but pretty neat. I enjoy NiGHTs proper although on the original hardware you really wanted the analog controller for it.

I played a shitload of XMen vs Street Fighter and MSH vs SF but I suppose you can emulate the arcade version instead

Man I had the Christmas NiGHTS disc for the longest time (still do in fact), and as a kid I thought it was a real full game that we just never had since it says sampler on it.

Sounds like you don't enjoy beatem ups

Completely.

TOP…
KEK

On topic though, Burning Rangers is pretty good.

:^)

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Ive easily got 80 or so games. All of them enjoyable.

The whole point of the Saturn bomberman is playing it with 10 other people. Everytime I whip out the multitap its madness in the house.

It runs om the internal clock. Why the fuck should he wait? You can also play as sonic which was the first time sonic was ever in 3D

Just ordered an action replay memory expansion and the saturn analog pad. Pretty excited to get into the scene, I'll probably be relying on swapping discs for now, until I can get a Rhea device.

Anyone know any decent CRT tvs I can keep an eye out for? I'll probably end up going to yard sales, hopefully find a nice 20 inch or smaller.

Is Virtua Fighter 2 too obvious?
If you had a CRT and a Stunner, I'd recommend Virtua Cop. That was one of my absolute favorites.

Also Galactic Attack. It's a shmup.

Is Mr. BONES a real recommendation, or do you just think the box is funny?

Its actually a solid game.

Dark Savior, Guardian Heroes, Dragon Force and Radiant Silvergun

First two games have almost perfect PC ports

Psuedo Saturn, user. Turn the expansion cart into something to allow you to play any game outside Panzer Dragoon unless patch out cart security on the console.

You could also buy a chip from Assembler games marketplace or send your saturn to be modded. Thats what I did and it was relatively cheap. Way cheaper than a Rhea, but youll have to burn games.

I don't feel comfortable with relying on that laser to last forever. Who knows what condition the Saturn I get will be in once I get it. For now, I'm going to make a trip to a thrift store, find a cool tube tv with hopefully a few different set of AV ports and start.

Psuedo Saturn sounds great to me. Maybe I can end up doing quite a few Saturn threads like I used to do Xbox threads a while ago. I get the feeling the Saturn scene could use a lot of publicity.

Not judging by the cost of the games it doesn't. Everyone always dismisses it out of hand as a console failure but somebody is inflating those prices.

What are the best emulators for Saturn? Any recommended sites to download them and the roms?

I think the population on Holla Forums that is interested in buying games over just finding a way to play them. Either emulation or, preferably on original hardware. After all, what fun is a light gun game with a mouse cursor?

Yeah I guess so. I would strongly recommend original chipped hardware over emulation for the Saturn though.

Also here is every game worth playing.

Emuparadise for games.

Original hardware is nicer, since Saturn mk2 controller is a fucking godsend for 2D games.

Of course I'd go with original hardware. What do you take me for?

Also thanks for the list. Here's one I made for a system that's a little more neglected, but will have its day eventually.

Thanks for all of the recommendations.

I'm using SSF. It works pretty well. I think games run slightly slower than they're intended to, but it's to such a small degree that it took me awhile to even notice it. You'll have to mount the images to play games with SSF, though.

bomp

Nintendo age most likely. They seem to hoard games or destroy them because that way they'll be able to retire with the profits they get over muh rare games, or at least that's what they think. It's especially scummy when they hoard fragile unreleased games, and snubs anyone who calls for it to be preserved as freeloaders wanting free games.

Are you serious? They actually destroy copies of games to inflate the prices on them?

Yabause really needs to get its shit together. SSF is one terrible piece of software.