Time and Attention Spans

I'm not the only one who's had less and less time for gaming as life goes on, right?

It seems as though the older I get, all I ever have time or the attention span for is arcade games, be it the endless high scorer ones or 1CCable beat em ups and shmups. Anything demanding more than 3 hours of play (and over 15 minutes of exposition, or 10 minutes shitting around in an online lobby) has been out of the question for me lately.

Has this happened to anyone else? I wouldn't call it video game burn out. I still enjoy vidya. Now I'm just especially picky for pure gamey games.

Yes Yes you are because you probably haven't learned time managment skills you useless fucking shithead.

I wanna take care of that Roll

Rude.

Care to divulge in a mock up of your average day, user?

yeee buddeh

Considering that I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week, and have an hour of commuting time, 1/2 hour of prep time in the morning, sleep for at least 6 hours, and have to stop gaming an hour before I sleep to avoid fucking up my sleep cycles?

I only have a few hours most days. I'm very picky about what I buy, especially with having to buy my own games. That's why I gave up EVE Online; too much like another job.

The only games I find myself playing nowadays are monster hunter, roguelikes, and shmups. I've become so picky with games I only buy maybe one or two in recent years. I started picking up writing and reading as a hobby because I don't play a game for 90% of the day like when I was a kid.

Hobbies are definitely what got in the way of my game time (been trying to teach myself polymath handyman shit. Woodworking, metalurgy, car repair etc) But it helps me appreciate my play time that much more.

That sucks, user. I used to get in some good MonHun time whenever I commuted, but I have a car now, so that stopped immediately.

Roll thread?

Roll thread

If only to bump the thread

**P.S. It sort of flairs my autism a little when fan art has the Roll in the sundress have MM8 Roll's bangs, or MM8 Roll with OG Roll's bangs.

i realize im just a lot fucking slower. in highschool i would spend one hour reading news, looking at funny newgrounds videos and then playing a couple round of CS before going and then come back after hanging out with friends and play cs for an hour or 2 then bed. I have more time to do shit nowadays but manage to do far less.

I really have to catch myself in the middle of fapping and tell myself either to go the fuck to sleep or go lift or something.

I ended up having more time on my hands after I got done with my college and got a day job.

Sort of. If any game has like a free play option or a short intro stage I play those instead. Mainly so I can deal with less loading screens and Unreal Engine 3 splash screens upon start up.

I used to play RPGs and Dynasty Warriors, and seemed to have endless time left to do even more shit.
As a working adult, I just don't have the time for it. Luckily, most games that come out these days aren't worth playing anyway.
I did enjoy Witcher 3 though, which I played for a solid two weeks straight after work and during weekends. Still didn't finish it.
But these days, if I'm not working, I'm working on my drawing/animation skills, so if I do game, like playing Witcher 3, I feel guilty for it. Like I'm not using my time correctly.

I think I just want pure games in general these days. Walking simulators, JRPGs, visual setpiece games and other garbage that believe themselves to be impressive tend not to be.

bump

The only reason why you would have less time to play vidya is if you are a normalfag with a job/relationship. In which case you need to get the fuck out of Holla Forums

So where the hell am I gonna discuss niche vidya, fucking TV Tropes?

Anywhere but here, normalfag.

Too bad, I'm stayin'.

Hey friend, >>>/r9k/ is that way

Get out lefty

Holla Forums here, fuck you capitalist pigs

How else would you be able to buy games, you stupid fucking faggot? Keep being the leech that you are in society.

Picking up large games has only become harder for me. Over the past year I've been playing 'short' games like rhythm games, arcade games, and casual stuff like Tetris and Puyo Puyo.

There aren't a lot of good phone games either.

AHAHAHAHAHAH
No go back where you came from, commie.

Holla Forums just can't stop getting BTFO'd

you need to play games that interest you. Little girls are a great way to keep a grown man's attention. I would have never bothered finishing Magical Pop'n if you didn't play as a cute little girl.

Why is she so perfect

Because she doesn't exist and even in her fictional universe she's artificial.
😉

I'd think I've found the cheat codes for life if it were possible to do this until old age.

I'm not him but I'll oblige my routine.

This is a pretty invariable routine.