Good Licensed Games

What's the best licensed game and why is it Simpsons: Hit and Run?

That game was indeed amazing. I also remember one of the early Harry Potter games to be really good, I think it was Chamber of Secrets.

Oh and Spiderman 2.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy also had a good 3D brawler made for it.

This game was incredible.

The FPS segments were good and made up a surprisingly competent survival horror game. The King Kong segments though were really kind of lackluster and button mashy

I don't remember Holla Forums talking about this game. I played the PC version, and it was the tightest shit man.

I liked "The Simpsons Game"
used to have it on PS3

played it through like 15 times and collected everything

almost best time on a console I ever had. But playstation 1 with all Crash Bandicoots was still the baller

I couldn't find a nice image that didn't have a giant number from some autistic let's player

Sega used to make some of the best Disney games back in the 90s.

Looney Tunes are pretty okay.

You mean capcom

Shrek 2 was pretty good.

While not made by Sega, Disney had some points had decent games

(Of course 2nd pic related might not hold up as well because its pretty much a clone of Mario 64 and the objectives are the same for each level)

Bitch please.

If I'm thinking of the right Toy Story 2, the PC port won't run on modern PCs, even in a WinXP VM. Also, for some reason it contained the executable files for the PSX version.

Oh how could I forget the granddaddy of licensed games?

That sadly tends to happen with some old PC games

We should have a recommend list for licensed games.

MY NIG

I never got past that one stage late in the game. There was a stage that was sorta gray with paths leading to different places and three sarcophaguses you needed to open? I remember it was high in the clouds and hard as fuck.
Good times.

Play that game again. The swinging mechanics are the only good thing about it.

I have it on my PS2, it's still fun in my opinion.

I tried playing it from scratch again and I felt like I was playing an entirely different game than what I remember.

Step aside you fucking degenerates, the king of licensed games approacheth

Way better than the movie I'll give you that.

Did you mix up the PS2 and PC versions?

Come on

Fug, I miss playing these games. I need to boot up my ps2.

One thing I would do in spiderman 2 is that I would find all the venues you can enter and pretend that I was a patron. Good times.

i liked the story or at least the basic premise in that BTTF game, messing with docs past and all that, but i wish it wasnt a Telltale game

Still one of my favorite metroidvanias.

My fellow b-ball enthusiast, it appears that your taste is shit. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

my niggas

Impossible! No mortal man can double dribble!

did they ever finish barkley 2 or did it turn out to be another scam?

Seriously niggers?

Toy Story fucking sucks. The controls are too slippery, and some of the level design is retarded.

Scam

Pic related has to be one of my favorite renditions of the Joker. He's fucking fantastic in the Arkham universe. Shame the series went to shit after city. Knight had a few good parts but ruined by the shitty tank combat and the garbage PC port. Seriously why did they have tank combat? Who wants tank combat in a fucking Batman game?

what a surprise

It was like Ninja Gaiden but with Batman.

Eragon for the GBA because the game developers went beyond the call of duty and actually read the books before making the game instead of just watching the movie and going with that abridged plot.
They had to use the movie's visuals for the characters but they followed closely the book's plot, including the cities the movie had completely missed. Eragon can be built 3 different ways for battle (there's also a couple of stats that are shit for battle but useful outside it). He can be built to be a powerful archer by leveling his tracking skill, a powerful swordsman or a powerful mage (mostly because magic is broken in the game).
There are a couple of things that are completely different at the very beginning for tutorial's sake (Katrina and Roran join your party at Carvahall).
You can modify your weapon to add different stat buffs or effects as well. Characters learn how to perform combos depending on how proficient they are with weapons.
gif related is from one of the final zones with Murtagh performing 3 combos in a row (they can be superposed if one combo is AAB, the other is AABB and the other is AABBA).
Sadly, Saphira looks kinda small in combat.

At least Knight made origins okay in retrospect.

I had that (and Dark Athena which isn't as good but still decent) on the tip of my tongue.

There are some good Star Trek vidya too if you go back far enough, Elite Force and the Armada games being the most obvious.

Completed it for the first time some days ago. Loved it as a kid.

Best licensed game, coming through.

Let's check things out shall we?

Most loved anime of all time? Astro Boy. That's a check.

Greatest 2D action game developer of all time? That would be Treasure, also a check.

The most ridiculous amounts of universe melding the world has ever seen, with characters and plots from all the Tezuka creations melded together in one fan service orgy that puts Caligula's antics to shame? You bet that's a big fucking check.

What kind of qualities do you think make the best licensed games?

I would say:

Capcom only made the inferior Aladdin game on SNES.

"Licensed games are never good" - Strong Bad in the only good game Telltale has ever made, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Forgot one of the best

Love these 2.

Played the shit out of this on my PC when it came out.

There's so much nostalgia here.

Are you serious, Holla Forums?

embrace it

KotOR is technically a licensed game.

Actually the games are arguably part of The Animated Series' universe. The VAs are shared (Hamil as Joker, for example) and the main events are similar.

You outta at least give KH1 a run for the munny.

That's not Duelist of the Roses.

Jesus fuck that brings me back. Spent a whole weekend playing this with a friend after re-watching the movie.

YOU AND ME ARE GOING NOWHERE SLOWLY

Give it another weekend, it truly shines on the hardest difficulty settings.

powergamer