Because there's actual stuff to discuss now!

Roberts and Co. have thrown out a glimpse of some of the upcoming features for Star Citizen in their latest view count harvesting scheme, Around The Verse:

Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=PG-oJWaPLyg

Part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=tpalZlE4FC8

Highlights include discussions on the Bengal carrier with screenshorts of art work and a bunch of other shit nobody really cares about.

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals
reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4s5w7z/you_never_know_what_youre_gonna_get/
twitlonger.com/show/n_1sosish
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

feels fucking good. this game is going to be amazing

Glad the Star Citizen community is excited about something again.

What the fuck?

Question: What the fuck can you effectively do in the game right now? As in actual gameplay.

I second this question.

What's this game's budget now?
Last I checked it was in excess of $100,000,000.

Spend money.

You can fly around a small 1 planet system with a few moons and stations and do some missions including an EVA mission.

There's also Arena Commander, which is a dogfight only mode that's been around for a while now. You can fight other players in multiplayer dogfights here.

I think there's also an FPS module?

I haven't launched the game in a while so I'm just working off memory of what I heard was added.

About 117 million now.

Didn't they put that one on ice?

Shit, this budget inflates faster than I thought.

Is joke, yis?

Long con.

kek

No. It's still there. This is footage from the latest patch.

Check here if you want confirmation:

robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

This looks like some extremely elaborate sex toy.

Jesus Christ, why are they still getting so much money?

What about finishing the actual game?

From autists like this?

What? Never seen an idiot before?

When is the bubble going to pop, Holla Forums?

Notice the spacing, this is how you spot them.

How

you

spot

what,

friend?

Star Citizen thread theme.

In fairness, some of the developer dialogue is neat.

Take notes, Eidos.

To be fair it could also be a faggot fresh from reddit, either way the spacing marks the cancer

SIXTY FOUR MILLION DOLLARS

Because they keep releasing previews of new ships and merch and their fanbase buys it all up.

???

Breaking up my writing into an easily digested list is what?

Your wife will never take you back, user.

Sure, friend.

That's why you're spacing like a faggot.

It looks darn weird.
All that space for so little thing.

Does anyone have the webm of a convention that was literally a cult meeting?

I always type like that, especially if I'm listing things.

Just noticed, at 6:30, a developer has a desktop picture of his own face. Fucking maniac.

What is every convention ever, for 500?

They ran out of easy to do targets.

No the presenter was some chick in black and I could swear she was chanting or something

Derek Smart

Even if SC is every thing it's promised to be this guy's still going to be disappointing. People get bored of living the same life for the rest of their life, let alone a game. How does someone get so hyped for something? Maybe Star Citizen really is a cult.

Ask someone who spent £100 on the game about 3-4 years ago and still hasn't played it because my computer blew up 2 years ago and haven't been able to replace it my opinion on the game.

Nice spacing newfag

Derek Smart

What's your opinion on the game?

Looks fairly good at the moment, RSI are definitely delivering on what they said they were going to do so far, the community is pretty cancerous though.

Do you want my opinion on any specific feature?

I'm not watching an hour of content about I game I don't really care about just so I can shit on it

A friend of mine mentioned this game a year ago. He bought a ship, showed me some online footage of the different ship models. Dude was super excited. Met up with him a week ago. Asked if he's still excited about the game, if the game ever comes out. He barely cares, would actually prefer not to have to fly through space, and have a quick travel sytem.

He just shrugs when I asked him, 'no really, what happens if the game never comes out?'. If he does play vidya nowadays he plays some sort of truck simulator.
From excited prospective star citizen, to a dude who doesn't give a fuck anymore about space, and just hauls cargo in his virtual semi. Did Roberts turn the game into NASA?

I'll note that in my diary.

No.

From what I can see from gameplay videos and such, if it looked shitty, I'd say it looked shitty.
The only thing I really see as the consistent problem so far is using the Cryengine for a multiplayer game, the only time I think that actually worked was with Crysis Wars. In this there seems to be a lot of animations that look shit as a consequence of being online, they need to iron it out, particularly in a game that relies so heavily on its visuals.

And I can also see from gameplay videos and shit like this:

Shit animations, four million shots point-blank to kill someone, weapons not rendered in the hands of some people, have to manually organize a group to do a boarding party event, dead characters just disappear. It looks like shit.

This tbqh.

Either the overhaul with Squadron 42 ends the insufferable experience that is FPS combat or it crashes and burns.

It looks like he's put gaps between points/paragraphs to make it easier to read. You don't need everything to be one long sentence, mate.

ugh god, you're right, it looks pretty bad. FPS where everyone takes a million shots to kill is so shit.

How hard is it to rip off csgo or something in space?

ftfy
Now, fuck off to the shitstained hole you crawled out.

There is a big difference between "one long sentence" and that. Stop defending plebbitors and shills

Hell the more I watch it the worse it gets.
There is nothing here. Nothing.

To be honest I've lost all hope SC will ever be finished (or be good when it is), EVE might be a spreadsheet simulator but at least it's functional, and they're even releasing an FPS component (not boarding sadly).

Holy shit I hadn't watched it all the way, just skipped around, what a trainwreck

best use of 117 million dollars ever

Where the fuck did the 117 million went to? Cant they hire a bunch of teams like Ubisoft does and develop+release the game in 1~2 years?

Straight into their pockets most likely, and now that they've already been paid they have no incentive to finish the game. If I were a cynical person I would just pay myself to work on the game forever.

Coffee machine.

No really, I shit you not they spent something like $20,000 on a coffee maker

Are you retarded or just pretending?

is this shit for REAL

To me "fairly good" equates to BRINK being "fairly good", decent with most of what should be there being there, but with a lot of room for improvement.

You still haven't explained how being online affects animations in any way, especially since in most first person games there are two sets of animations, one for the player in the character (which is purely clientside and cosmetic), and one for everyone else.

What unisex bathroom? Is it some bullet point somewhere? I ain't clicking those youtube links.

to be honest a space ship is one of the few places where an unisex bathroom makes perfect sense

Oh I'm so sorry user

It was in the first video, and it was a real unisex bathroom. It was in their studio.

The operating costs of the three studios they run come to something like 15 million a year.

It's not ALL going on coffee makers.

I may be talking out of my ass, but I remember that kind of shit being in both Crysis 2 and 3 when I played the multiplayer for the entire period of about 5 minutes.

Makes sense. Imagine having to have a separate bathroom for every special snowflake. After all, it is 2945.

No no, the unisex bathroom wasnt an aspect in the game. They had a male, female, and unisex bathroom in their studio

Discriminated against again I see!

Attack helicopters truly are the most oppressed gender identity. The rampant rotorphobia is outright encouraged in our disgusting western culture.

Rat bastard is cucked again!

Friendly reminder that these are the cuck chan guilds

"fairly good" clipping through doors.
"fairly good" imaginary guns.
"fairly good" nipple jets.
"fairly good" Quasimodo walking animation.

117 million dollars.

I'd hate to see what "not so good" would look like.

More of the cuck channer guild and other forum funnies

Good times.

Starting to feel like evil always triumphs.

Why? If this shit stays in the final product if its ever finished it will be great to see people trying to justifying why your character just goes through objects and all the other problems that games on way lesser budgets have solved.

Even better, there are people here on Holla Forums that backed and defend this trainwreck. Wont even need to go to other sites to mine the salt when it releases

It looks like someone spilled a bowl of Unown on that fucking screen shot

Holy crap.
7% of a game done in 3 fucking years?
How do people think this won't flop?

Wouldn't that mean the game would take 43 years to make?

I've always found it odd how furries have so much cash to blow and they blow it on shoving their fetishes wherever they can. Kaiju Combat comes to mind here.

Not much of a mystery when you think about it.

Well, that implies that it'll ever be done.

What? Furries are jews?

The only logical answer. Both are wealthy and shove their culture wherever they can.

If they keep the pace, yep. When do you think they will releasing news on the game? I say in 7 years at the most, after everyone at the studio has enough to live happily.

Funny, how do you guys recognise Reddit style without going there, huh? Answer me that.

Pretty sure roberts batshit wife will snap before that

Chris has to put his kids through college, and likely the grandkids too.

does anyone have the vid of her getting mad at some cult meeting because his birthday cake was wrong or something?

I don't know, people throwing a grand at fucking standalone ships will probably make Corp wars more intense than EVE.

But people do that in EVE anyway

They fucked up by using Cryengine. You know what you don't get with it? Netcode. You know what you need for space ships moving about in the same space while carrying multiple people inside them? Netcode. You know who can't into netcode? RSI.
That FPS module was just made because it's pretty much a base function in the engine. Nothing is easier than making a basic as fuck FPS with Crytech. They just made it so they have something to show.

The flight model is a total joke. Forget about using a joystick. It's made 100% for mouse aiming. Flying feels like total shit and will likely remain to feel that way. What little there is of gameplay is bad.

Those guys truly know how to flock to shit games! First Mechwarrior: Online and now Scam Citizens. In the time between they had high hopes for Starbound and DayZ standalone.
Sad to see that apparently Connor attracted even more furfags to them. Not that I should've expected anything from a cuckchan/vg/ clan full of tripfags.

Something Awful is the place you're looking for.

Feminism and Bankrupt Yourself For Star Citizen, the board.

Don't forget the furries and pedophiles.

That is a requirement. The ten dollars are actually used for background checks to make sure you molested at least one child or own a fursuit.

They also made a big stink about Heavy Gear Assault, which failed to get much momentum, and Evolve which also turned into a shitfest.

Not only that, but their guild management is hilarious. There was a shit ton of drama over voip clients that caused a divide within the group. The one guy that's responsible for most of it was never kicked. They're idiots.

Fuck them.

I actually forgot about those already. I think I should just lurk /vg/ whenever a new game comes out and see if Kong is hype for it to know what to avoid.

Let me guess: It's because TS doesn't have text to speech. Did they divide as in splitting into two different clans?

Fucking Berenstain universe.

4/10 pretty good

When this project fails, it goes to show how getting stretch goal money or large sums of money way over the desired treshold in Kickstarter seems to bring huge amount of problems to the project itself.

And I'm not just talking about this game and Mighty N.o 9. Broken Age was also in a development hell and almost came out unfinished.

I bet people have gotten money from loan sharks to back ridiculous amounts of money for this shit.

Oh shit it was the birthday party.

To be fair, Pam makes reaaally good coffee. And has a great pair of legs that goes all the way up to her spectacular ass, and knockers that could wake up Lazarus himself. So she's worth the 20 grand a year to make nothing but coffee.

Everyone has their own personal coffee maker.
Even the janitors.

Are the coffee makers able to give them blowjobs? How the fuck do you burn that much money with so little to show for it?

Also, it's a depressing thought to realize that the genre has barely moved ahead since Elite II came out.

Double space formatting is done by reddit users unfamiliar with chans as it's how reddit formatting works. It's a great way to spot shills.

You don't double-space every single fucking sentence, it's just poor formatting. Paragraphs I can understand, but excessive spacing makes posts look larger than they need to be; it's aesthetically displeasing.

You know how most people normally have white sugar with their coffee? CIG uses a different kind of white powder with their coffee. :^)

I get some enjoyment from seeing various retards try to "play" this "game" on youtube and twitch. It has so many bugs they can barely get in a couple of minutes of "gameplay" before they fall through the ship or some other stupid shit happens. But they have to keep "playing" it to justify how much money they have wasted.

The "game" will never work because crytek is dead. No one working on star shitizen knows how to code and even if they did they have no experience of getting the shitty crytek engine to work.

Didn't they bring in Crytek employees that made the engine to try and unfuck what they had wrought?

It's like they have a literal Titanic in the game!

I'll give you an example.

You may have seen a ship exploding only to leave behind various parts like guns and landing gear untouched and seemingly connect by an invisible structure, forming a kind of bugged ghostly skeleton.

This is because those wonderful programmers cannot figure out a way to delete the objects that make up a ship when it explodes. Rather than store the objects in a tree so that they can be automatically recursively deleted, instead they chose to do it manually, almost guaranteeing bugs. In this case they often forget to clean up extra things that are added to the ships.

So we are talking about programmers with significantly less skill than literal school children who make mods.

They try to have space ships with about 20 individually adjusting thrusters and several gimballed weapons and turrets moving at high speeds something the engine has problems with on it's own plus multiple people on this space ship. Then they want that to happen with multiple ships of that kind all in the same instanced part of the world.
They can't make a half-competent FPS with an engine can can do nothing but FPS and yet people think they can make that marvel happen.
Even John Carmack would take a look at that and throw his hands in the air saying "Fuck that shit!".

I hope this game causes a murder or a few suicides.

Even something seemingly simple like the coordinate system completely breaks down on much larger scales. It causes huge problems with the physics and network code.

As speeds and scales go up almost all of the algorithms have to be redesigned. For example collision detection requires a completely different approach to deal with very high closing speeds.

Clearly is needs a new engine from scratch.

Although crytek might look good graphics wise underneath it is similar in capability to something like Quake 1. I don't think people understand just how shit crytek is and how bad star citizen "programmers" are on top of that.

If those guy just played Elite Dangerous they would be bored of space by now. Instead they blow hype into each other butt holes and one day it's going to snap.

John Carmack is not dumb enough to pick a shit engine though. He's more than likely to look at the problem, feel the autism surge and rampage within his body and go be a programming Buddha for a few months/years until he creates an engine he's satisfied will do the job.

is that the short version of the thread?

One just needs to take a look at Mechwarrior: Online. Fast mechs caused tons of problems being basically impossible to hit because hits don't register. The speed boost MASC was delayed for more than a year because it not only made the problem worse but fuck even more with collision, causing the legs being damaged heavily from everything but the flattest ground.
Those mechs are just single entities, not massive ships with several player entities in them that can move around in it and pew pew other people.

It's basically like they try to have several small deathmatch maps move about in space and being able to interact with each other. I'm not going full Derek Smart and say it's completely impossible to do but I neither believe it's possible with the Crytek engine nor that those people can do it.

And Elite: Dangerous has the better flight model and nobody paid as much for it as for a new car.

That's true. He'd see it's not capable of what he wants it to do in minutes and make his own instead. Sadly, he's too interested in VR right now.

reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4s5w7z/you_never_know_what_youre_gonna_get/
I went to go and see if reddit spacing was an actual shibboleth. It definitely is, most of the larger posts are spaced like that.

Thanks for reminding me this piece of shit exists and we'll never get a good SP Mechwarrior game again because the holders of the IP are greedy Jews.

It's also boring as fuck, and the devs are seemingly hard at work to make it suck even harder.

I still can't understand why nobody is capable of achieving what was possible 10 to 20 years in the past, even 30, in terms of flight models, combat and sandbox mechanics.

I guess he got bored with graphical engines. Last I heard he basically concluded that the technology had come as far as it was going to get and his input was not required anymore.

Which is a damn shame. I actually enjoyed it for a while. I still can't believe people actually grind out the faction warfare stuff and defend it. It's like space trucking, just without the reward of credits. Some people just can't let go.

It is possible to do accurate collisions at any speed and scale but you need multiple layers of algorithms to do it. Some games already do this, even 2D games. For example a quadtree at the large scale to quickly find possible collisions and then a per pixel test for objects that are found to be very close.

But of course you need a real programmer to do that or use an engine that isn't shit.

How hard is it to find a good programmer to the tune of $110 millions?

No good programmer would work on a crytek game and besides star citizen is a typical painting-by-numbers production where all the money goes on creating assets, mainly 3D models.

Anyone with any experience or talent would have complained about crytek and already been fired.

Those two things seem like a thing of the past.

I hate CIG

Ill never understand how they get to be so expensive, its like alienware where they just slap another 0 onto it

This is what absolute delusion looks like, kids. Please take note.

cognitive dissonance

Industrial grade coffee makers are expensive as fuck because they're designed to last a fucking decade serving about 400 cups a day.
A regular home use expresso machine will probably cost you about 2 grand but it's designed to serve about 4 cups a day so if you set it up in a company it'll die in a week.

So yeah, they're really damn good professional grade equipment, unlike alienware which are just mismatched of PC pieces you can get over the counter easily where they just slap their stupid logo and add a 0 to the price tag.

Can only imagine how much they're spending on high-grade coffee every month. $100m+ might sound like a lot, but if you spend it so irresponsibly, it's going to burn up faster than you'd expect.

it costs about 50c a cup. shitload cheaper than cocaine

Nah, high-grade coffee isn't that cheap.
I don't mean the shit you buy at the supermarket.

They usually talk about whatever they're playing in their general on cuck chan.

Your hopes are kind Justified. There is a goon suicide pact that organized itself on the Derek Smart subforum.

speaking of Smart. here is the only relevant thing of now from his side: twitlonger.com/show/n_1sosish
I can't wait for that shit show to explode.

What's really sad is that people want refunds and they buy ipod furniture and sliding doors instead.

Meanwhile, Erin Roberts of Foundry42 doesn't buy all that stupid shit and his employees are happy and productive.

Chris is being a typical hollywood cunt. He feels compelled to piss away backer funds on luxury goods when they haven't even shipped their first game yet.

Man, Erin looked like he was going to shit a brick in that video. I hope he's alright. we know he's the legitimate developer of the two.

mediocre bait, I'd say it was straight up bad but it seems two people fell for it so I guess not.

Fly around a small open universe, shoot at other players both on foot and in your ship, and land at stations that you can buy ships/guns from. One of my best friends fell for the meme and has spent way too much money on it so I'm usually pretty up to date on where it's at.

I write with extraneous paragraph spacing because it's easiest to work with in an office program. You can remove unnecessary line spacing for final draft in physical form and you can keep the spacing for clear formatting on digital.

Most faggots just don't know how to format. Give them a break. At least 30% of posts I read have major errors in them and over 60% have minor flaws like grammar and spelling mistakes.

The average dicksucker here "slept through English class" I bet ye. Most first world assholes write like retards unless they're hardcore forumshitters who have to uphold their image so they receive the optimum amount of fake internet points.

Keep in mind that most people have very little reason to ever write even a single paragraph, and well over 70% of English people will never use any punctuation more complicated than a comma. Not only that, but you must also keep in mind that the majority of people here are antisocial: they have little experience in the art of conversation.

so basically kys if you go full autistc about something as small as formatting.

Reminder: redditors have to make short, sweet posts so as many people as possible can read and upvote their posts. It's hard to do that with a single sentence, so you spread it out over multiple lines.
You also spread your sentences out over multiple lines if you're stupid. Don't automatically assume they are a redditor.

-

As for the topic at hand, I tried to play the demo but my computer can't take it. It's an AMD Phenom II x6, and a midline radeon 6850. I would reckon midline computers built between 2010 and 2015 and high end 2010-2014 will have very little chance of playing StarGoy at comfortable FPS. Chances are you're going to need a new computer in the fictional world where this game is released.