Mabinogi Thread (Not a secret DDO thread)

So in my neverending search to find a videogame to play, I've run so fucking dry on options that I'm seriously considering firing this shit up again and rolling a character. Does anyone here actually play this? If so, is there a Holla Forums guild? What server is everyone on?

How has the game changed over the last several years, anyway?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/fgv18c
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/User:Larsa/Larsa's_Guide_To_Blacksmithing
github.com/cursey/kanan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can we talk about how much they ruined the game by the addition of the stamina mechanics during enrage?
Also thousands of cyclops reskins.
Pay to win out the ass too

No, that comes later.

I played as a qt grill in this game and nobody would leave me the fuck alone.
Is this game populated by thirsty NEETs who assume everyone models their character after themselves?

that depends, was all of those characters in the shape of a neckbeard?

When will we ever get a game like Mabinogi? They fucked up Mabi 2, clearly they didn't think that no one would like that shit. There's no alternative to mabi. Peria Chronicles maybe, but that's probably dead too. Sandboxy, anime-styled, not completely weeb, mmo. Too hard to ask for?

I still play on Tarlach. Mostly with family. I assume most people who play are from alexina. Still good times to be had, and there's a daily rebirth event going on, so probably a good time to check in again.

No and we will never get something similar to Mabinogi Heroes either.

I'd make a new account or buy a fucking character card to play mabi with you fuckers.
We should really get around to organizing to play mabi on one server.

Anyone else soloing elite dungeons as Clerics in DDO?

no because DDO is a massive shit.

What mabinogi server are you niggers on?
poal.me/fgv18c

Shit, I used to play his game a lot when it was in beta I think.

I would autistically convert midi after midi into music sheets to play on my lute.

The combat is awesome too. I like how you can actually knock shit back, counter attack, block and what not.

It feels like a less refined Age of Wushu.
But age of wushu had a good combat system in a pay to win shit game, so you take what you can get.

Is this game still dead as fuck with its inflated economy? I liked the combat a lot and wished more mmos had something similar (but it's shit the servers start fucking up). Music was pretty good too. Never got far though, the grind was too much for me.

I remember trying this game and it looked like shit and played like shit. The only real thing I could remember was that you could buy facial expressions with real money.

Why the fuck would you play this game?

Hadn't played this game in a year, Last I heard they're adding Fate/night shit.

Swords are shit
Blunt is best

I just got back into it after a few years of taking a break I started messing around with puppeteer and it's fun as fuck to be slapping shit around with a giant ass puppet,though i'm mostly a mage

and a massive healsut as well when I can be

if anyone recognises me from 4chan mabi thread i'm sorry,and i'm not the massive memefag i was before,i've cleaned up my act a lot because of that

fucked that screen up
sorry

Just going to put it out here, there was recently a huge update that fixed a lot of problems, the grind was lessened (there's a x2 XP ring you can obtain that works up to level 45), all classes are unlocked from the start, the enrage meter can now be lowered with regular attacks (no clinging and humping), and you can now own a house and "marry" your pawn and watch them do chores around the house and take baths with them

Still got a few problems, but it's way better than it was on launch.

Still shit. The enrage meter existing is the whole reason the game is as shit as it is as opposed to meh.
Not to mention horrible skin reuse and all that other nonsense.
Timegated crafting, grinding crafting, a ton of pay to win shit like extra log in rewards more inventory space etc.
God how do you fuck up that framework so bad.

what enrage meter?
mabi doesn't have an enrage meter

I don't see a problem with the enrage mechanic as long as it isn't forcing you to climb on an enemy and just mash a button, but I'm not disagreeing on the shitty crafting system nor the pay2win (even though pay2win doesn't really matter much since there's no PvP).
There was some more storage space added in previous updates, but it's still annoying.
More monster variety is also a thing now, but there's still a majority of reskins there's only 2 new cyclops reskins though at the very least

It's a meh game now, yeah, but I'd say it went past the point of being utter shit a short while back.

Thank OP for making the most confusing thread opener ever.

what was OP talking about then?

It was a joke back when people were saying the game was complete garbage, and the DDO thread goers hated any critism so bad, they made a mabanogi thread to hide that they were talking about DDO to "hide from shitposters"
God they were so pathetic, it was great.

Dragon's Dogma Online

I know that, I liked the game anyway but I still thought whoever made that thread was being fucking retarded.

yeah, imagine tying so much of yourself to you liking a game you can't even defend it so much so that you have to hide it behind a mabanogi thread.

I do remember someone bashing the game being equally autistic though, which is why that thread was made in the first place.
Everyone had agreed at that point the game was pretty crappy and the people who enjoyed it anyway just wanted that guy to leave. Guy was seriously talking like he was doing the world a favour or something by just repeating the same shit over and over again in an online imageboard on a thread about a shitty MMO launch.

I think at some point it was because they kept on replying to him. Which at that point he was just salt mining.

Still game is and was fucking horrendously bad. Like I can't comprehend how they managed to fuck up as bad as they did and think "oh this is a good idea".

its nexon,what do you expect,the only game they haven't molested that badly is actually mabi,and even then it's still pretty bad

I wouldn't say horrendously bad, maybe at launch it was pretty fucking bad, but there's been a lot of way shittier MMOs out there. I do think that the few fixes they made to the game made it a whole lot better, not sure if good enough to recommend, but fun enough if you can tolerate the still terrible craft system (though I do believe materials are a lot cheaper to buy now)

Warrior and the new class are pretty fun mostly because they're broken as fuck

What? Dragons Dogma online was Capcom Online Games.

Mabanogi… was really unfortunate, because the combat's fun. A lot of the paygated stuff is free now which is nice, but I don't think the playerbase is ever gonna recover

Sorcerer was useless because of damage cap. Even better was that Priest's only use was revealing weak points to make enrage go slightly faster.
sage for double post

the player base in mabi its the same as it ever was and ever will be,for every player we lose we gain exactly one newbie that stick around so it seems.
been playing this game since horses came out and well,the player base was alays small.its still a fucking great game though.its basicly my go to game when all other games fail me and its been that way for 8 years now.plus mabi will never die,the cazy ass fashionnogis dropping 200$+ on gatchas each time a new one comes out ensures that.

I guess, but surviving off of whales is pretty sad.
They're doing a ton of shit to attract new players daily resets until level 1000, free mounts out the ass.
Speaking of which when are the good rebirth levels is it still around 40? when you're just going for AP

Did sorc really have a damage cap? Not one to pay attention to damage numbers, so I wouldn't know. At the very least they're useful for dealing a lot of damage to the enrage bar now that that can be done.

Priest is still kinda useless beyond healing, especially now that we have another healing class that can also deal some ammount of damage and can also reveal weak spots. They do have an ability that restores the party's stamina, so there's that.

Strider is still the most worthless class ever though.

during the current event that's going on with the 2x combat exp and daily rebirths and whatnot the optimal is currently around 50-60 +5 exploration levels which are easy enough to get now thanks to karu and maize dungeon giving out those artifact chests that give assloads of expl exp.i've seriously gained a thousand levels thanks to this event and am set to make a thousand more too

Yeah they did. Sorcs hit it constantly, it was actually useless for them to level up certain abilities because they would hit damage cap anyways if they matched weaknesses correctly.
Also Hunter or Seeker? both of those were were really bad compared to fighter (which at the time was the only other DPS class aside from sorc)

okay thanks, I just started again after being gone for… I want to say like 8 or so years now

Actually, Hunter was the class with the best DPS at higher levels.
They aren't now that Warrior and Alchemist are a thing and also getting nerfed to shit though.

oh no it wasn't. Hunter chugged money like a dumbass to even rival that.

So nobody ever answered the question of "whic server wud u fug?"

I'm on Alexia with a few other people but nobody is a good goy so there's no guild yet.

Search guild Yotsuba
When you are entering the message, say image board secret club.

BDO was like that back during the Korean closed beta. It was like Mabinogi but better and even more open. However slowly but surely features got changed, removed, and gimped until it just became another bullshit Korean MMO. We had the chance to restore it to its former glory or at least lead it in the right direction with the US release but apparently people seem to love generic Korean MMOs over MMOs that actually fucking innovate. People even defend the decision to completely remove player trading.

wait what, seriously there's a Holla Forums guild for mabinogi?
lets fucking rock it out then

isn't that the halfchan guild though?

anyone else here active on tarlach?
im btw

bump

bamp

So what's a good goal to strive for? Because of the insane skill gain rate, I've completely run out of AP while simultaneously overleveling all of the content I'm familiar with. Should I just grind out the story? Is crafting viable if I only have around 25k gold to invest?

I'm stuck in the dead lands too but I've been putting more time into DFO from the fact there's actual content being put out, a lot of good shit in events, events are recycled to death, and difficulty isn't based on you finding invul frames and spamming a ton of revives.

I'd kill for the military outfits.

Mabi issues will never be fixed, or at least the ones I get affected by.

The only skills I never really bother with.

Don't forget about Tencent.

bump

Nexon way… This ruins so many of their games.. be it Maplestory or Vindictus.

that was in referance to Dragon's Dogma online. A lot of the pay to win got removed from Mabanogi from what I can tell. there's still a little bit, and I haven't dicked around long enough to get to cap on any stats

mabi is actually the LEAST p2w of all the nexon games it seems.even then it still has quite a few payed "enhacments"
*coughclodupetsandbutlerscough*

The only pay to win thing left are reforges which you can buy off other players at exuberant prices or get from the occasional event. There are pots to raise skill levels though but that's doable in game without them.

Who made the princess gay?

old shit engine, p2w, buggy, ruined combat with broken skillsets, p2w, shit raids, shit dungeons, p2w, dumbass exploitable overpowered events, >nexon
let it die already. play bdo, join itc

You mean the game with pay to win, no player trading period outside of a dev set price AH, horrible combat that makes Mabanogi look complex, complete gear/level dependency, costs money to play, and the pay to win shit is more expensive than the korean version?

inventory slots and 10% more exp(which mabi has too via a monthly fee) vs. buying hundreds of broken ass reforges/enchant prots for each gear that comes out. Good luck buying anything off the auction house when you need to pad your bank by selling gacha shit to even get off the ground. Mabi combat? you literally press one button over and over to stunlock with bash or fh lol.

not saying bdo is a godsend but it's easily the best option in this shit genre

Inventory slots, horse resets, weight limit, pets, pvp advantages, faster energy regen.
And yes BDO combat is that shallow thank you for agreeing

And good on your defense for making it literally a single player game because "player economy what's that" the Devs have adopted.

meet me by dunby church ign:kirito67 wel settle this…ill end u with my ele 900 chasoe blade…kid..

hey it'll be a fairer fight than BDO claims it has.
oh right I forgot that Enchanting helpers are being added soon to BDO's cash shop, they're in the korean version already so Daum being the complete fuckups that they are, 100% sure bringing them over. Maybe they'll increase the cash shop prices to show those vile bots and silver sellers who's boss. Right after they make every player instanced to prevent vile bots from ruining the game.

Give it literally a month.
Daum's fucking retarded, they've removed any and all player trading aside from the glorified NPC shop with slightly varying prices.

You say that like all raids aren't shit.

Choose one

You know how piss easy it is to get a good rebirth point in Mabi these days? You don't even have to wait weeks to free rebirth anymore, just wait til the weekend or wherever you set yours up.

Mabinogi is the only MMO where I can believe there's 66 other Kiritos running around.

Neamhain best goddess.

I drew that like a long time ago. Always have a funny feeling seeing that get posted.

Who made this quest, and why hasn't he been executed?

They made a way to tell the weather and there's always that offsite weather clock.

It's Pay2Win as fuck and a ginormous fucking grind. It's fun at first but the appeal wears off after a while.

The thing I liked about it was the combat system which served as a casual filter. Hearing people complain that level 20 mobs were destroying them even though they were at level 30 because button mashing didn't work as it should and the game is totally unfair was music to my ears. Meanwhile I could kill that shit on a level 5 character because I was using my abilities properly (but there's no room for failure if you do that).

The in-game one only shows the forcast for that in-game day, and t-storms in that desert happen maybe once every real life day, to clarify. It's not good enough. The off-site clock is also gone, the page is 404. Luckily, somebody in-game linked me to a new sekrit club clock and I'm using that to nab my sketch. 8AM CST is apparently when the storm is gonna hit,

They made the inventory service and story service free, and you get pseudo-VIP for free as well until cumulative level 1000. You also get 6 premium character cards to start with and the new tutorial questline gives you three free mounts (flying broom, eagle, and horse) per account. Rebirth restrictions were changed to once a week for free (once a day if VIP or under level 1000) and you now get a number of bank tabs equal to your total characters (8 for free, counting the 6 free premium characters and 2 assist cards you can get by befriending the giants/elves).

There's a bunch of other nice things they did but in general the game isn't nearly as P2W anymore. Most of the money you'll have to blow is if you want cosmetics/mounts/unnecessary but fun stuff (like a maid-waifu/butler-husbando who works for you)

Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] SOON!

IT BEGINS~!

Too bad they didn't revert the garbage changes they made to the gameplay and balance over time.

The hundreds of Kiritos can finally marry the future hundreds of Fates and give birth to mega cancer.

how the fuck do you beat g19 without massive amounts of the stone jew?seriously it seems like to need 20-30 fucking soulstone to take down a single girgashiy alone since the fuckers that are the npcs do shit for damage.seriously who thought it was a good idea to make you fucking solo a motherfucking raid boss that normally takes a full fucking party

Does he have those Wyvern fuckers flying around too, those are the only part that makes him impossible. I never did Saga 2 and everything after, too boring to bother.

g19 is after saga though,you need it to get the new "crusader" skills.

Oh yeah, fuck the Crusader skills.

Ferghus actually gets to be popular for once.
Reminder to take advantage of the free appearance changes if you want, anything that costs pon is free atm

Puppeteer content was the only thing that got me playing again for a short while.

I wish more games had classes and gameplay styles like that, because it is really satisfying letting that giant hulking puppet do your work for you.

that it is,especially when you get act 9 going and it turns into the ultimate double team of doom

Man I played this with a friend of mine who was crafting and I went Bard

Some of the comfiest times were buffing his crafting speed and success while I wrote music doing so.

Grind got way out of hand and I quit it though, especially since I really wanted to get into cooking but couldn't really even with the event going on promoting it; was too costly I think

nigga cooking is the least grindy of the lie skills out there,all you do is have to eat food and occasionally use likability pots on npcs to get into there secret shops

It was when it was first introduced and they gave out like temporary cooking tools and materials were in really high level areas when I was maybe R5 in bard skills, it might be better now but then the skill just came out

yeah,it was kinda fuckity then because everyone and their mum was trying to level them

Only gets grindy when you're in the final ranks and have to do the cooking dungeon with Glewyas constantly getting in your way.

Transformation best worst skills.

bump

Just finished g1. After I finish g2 and become a Paladin, I'm not sure where to go from there. Maybe become a smith?

I recommend doing g3 as well,and I DO NOT recommend blacksmithing unless you like crazy insane grinding for mats or paying out the ass for them

Fug. I really wanna be a blacksmith, but everyone and their mother is telling me that. Is the grind really that horrible?

yes,it is.
if you really wanna do it i recomend putting it off till you get a hammer reforeged with AT LEAST blacksmithing exp 10 and a good patron set
this guide is also good
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/User:Larsa/Larsa's_Guide_To_Blacksmithing

Only because I'm tired of you guys shilling, ITC is a hybrid guild of 8/4chan at this point.

(checked)
If I had all that stuff I wouldn't need blacksmithing in the first place. I don't even need to max smithing, I just want to get to a point where I can make basic armor and weapons for people who need them. I'm not planning on autistically grinding a single skill and nothing else until it's max like I did for windmill.

DEGENERACY.

There's always adventure seal hunting and spending training seals on Blacksmithing along with events that give them out.

bump

oh right I wanted to ask before I got too far along in the nonsense of the catch 22 that is getting gear in this game, what's a decent way to make money that's not "lol just roll on the gatcha"

Russia there, can anybody suggest a solution for IP block?
I'm using softaether currently, but it's slow and unstable as shit.
Are there any cheap/free alternatives?

Nao has some great tits.

What? I'm playing with a russkie right now and he's perfectly fine. Only Vindictus has Russians blocked, not Mabi.

What region are you on?
was downloading NA version of nexon launcher a mistake?

Try Mudfish. I think 6 bucks give you 30GB of traffic or something, and if you use that to play vidya and not to access some sites then I think it's enough for 3 months.

Checked again, I paid 3 bucks for 30GB traffic and used like 10GB since fucking February just to play Soulworker, BDO, TERA and PSO2.

Ruairi will never get to enjoy his red headed lolis.

How do I make this piece of shit work?

Ok finally managed to run it.
Game loos surprisingly nice for an ancient piece of shit it is.
How do I make my dude to run not like a flaming faggot though?

Stop being dead pls. So far this shit is surprisingly more fun than WoW and FF14.
At least combat is much more involved.

what server you on?

also to change your apperance is currently free,use the dressing room(third button from the right on the hud,the big circle with a celtic knot on it)

How do I make screens in game?

I'm on mari.
But since I just started I think I shouldn't have a problem rerolling on the other server.

Ayo hol up.
So you be saying them p-marked items aint no premium and I can use them for free an shieeet?

They're free for newfags for some reason.

Oh fuck me for showing interest in a game two years older than me.
Seriously though, will they stop being free after I hit level 50 or something?
I don't want to fuck myself over.

there's an event on too so all premium items that don't require a coupon are free as well

i'm on tarlach if you wanna try getting some help
im

fuck, I was planning on making a new character anyways. I never really got far with my current one.
What server should we gay up?

you also get more options via the dressing room to btw

tarlach so i can help you newfigs out and give you lodsa free shit

Can I age past 17 somehow, or I'm stuck being a teenager?
it breaks muh immersion

you age up every week but you have to be reborn as a teen yes

Any age past 17 has no difference aesthetic wise.

I play on Tarlach. No 8ch guild. Since 2014 there haven't been to many changes, other than the introduction of Bash, Crusader skills, and Alban/Girg. The p2w aspect is still focused on reforges and ench prot pots, though if you spam 20 accounts for the current hot-time event, that helps with the ench prot problem. Hard to say about any other changes since I didn't play 2009-2013 or in 2015.

The grind has gotten considerably easier, what with the current events like free daily rebirths, 2x skill training, and tons of free training pots.

Classless system where you can do goofy shit like shear sheep and play music in your downtime to level up.

It's mostly a fashion event.

Depends on how strong you are. Just by running Desert Dragon on 7 channels daily during this event I get like level 65ish and explo level 32. If I want to get serious I can bomb shyllien with ice spear or some shit and get like level 130 in an hour.

sketch the arch lich for explo xp if you can't last hit dragons.

There's literally a character called Goyim on Tarlach. I'd love it if more people joined our server, but our market moves so slowly, it's hard to get good gear. I just spent 15m on Rosemary gloves even though I'll never use them because there's literally nothing else to buy.

yes. IGN: Emiliya

If I've met you I probably wouldn't even realize because I always have everyone minimized. I can run basically everything except Alban heroic, and that's more due to internet problems and time than stats really.

You can make good progress on crafting through part-time jobs. You will hit a brick wall after that due to lack of funds. Doing the story is always good, since stuff like Saga gives a ton of AP. Or just spam MA tourney for levels.

The game has changed a lot since 2008, y'know.

Life drain, wings of eclipse, cloudpet spam, hp elixir, be stupidly overpowered, etc.

Yes, I just used 3 levels worth of skill seals from various events to go from r4 to r1.

Do saga ep 7 to get started. No combat required. Then get final hit and start doing desert/prairie dragon till you get strong enough that something like conflict/DFC2/Swiz spam is faster gold. They're probably the best ways now that VHM girg rewards got nerfed.

Bypass it through MabiDirectLaunch. It's one of the few modded files that isn't currently broken.

There's an event going on. Pon appearance stuff is free, though stuff that needs coupons still needs coupons. You have until Aug 16 to fuck around with looks for free, then you are limited to free choices. However you can keep premium looks as long as you don't swap out of them.

I have an old char from 2008 that's something like "4000 years past 25." There's literally no reason to age that far though, and they look the same as a 17yo.

WHOA.
I expected this shit to be in fucking Dark Souls 3 and look where I found it. In a 12 years old korean mmo about respawning kids. Holy fuck.
This game looks better and better.

How soloautism friendly is this game?

Also for any newbies on Tarlach I can dump some gear on my alts onto you that is decent but I'm too lazy to sell.

quite friendly if you don't do the autism that is life skills,but its more fun with friends

for those that just restarted in tarlach look for the birt orang fagot with a wings motif in tir town square to find me on ch1

wew

In the current patch, there's not much worth doing that actually requires a group. Most content is done most efficiently with 1-2 people, outside of Peaca and Alban Heroic, and that's mostly due to time constraints. Girg also I guess, but the rewards from that are mostly worthless. Having friends is good though, since they can lend you their double XP blacksmithing tools and shit like that.

Up until recently, multi-clienting with mules to get extra rewards from Alban/Conflict Spam used to be very popular, though multi-clienting is currently borked since Nexon has been cracking down on mods.

Grouping can be fun though, especially at lower levels, and you're bound to make some friends throughout your journeys.

Also when I say 1-2 people, even in stuff likes Lords, it's generally 1-2 people doing the bulk of the work, and the rest are just there because the dungeon needs 5 people to start.

What channel you nigs on?

trying to add you,clean out your friends list you faggit

ch1

Oops. Blacklist counts towards friendslist. Blocked too many gold spammers. RIP. I'll clean it up a bit today.

7 is the active channel on Tarlach, so I spend most of my time there unless I'm hunting specific stuff or trying to avoid lag.

switching to seven then and hoping to find you guys

Alright fag I'll meet you at the church in tir chonaill

where are you?
we met but are waiting on you

This looks vaguely familiar

Sorry I wasn't even on yet. I don't usually get on most days until 10am.

Should have room on my friends list now if you're trying to add me

I'm surprised to see that there's even a thread, let alone this many fellow Tarlach faggots.

MAKE TARLACH GREAT AGAIN

I forgot just how irritating it was to deal with this NGS faggotry. Every time I was able to get my mods working for the past few weeks, they'd immediately update the next day and break them.

wat

I've gotten so used to them that it's almost unplayable without mods to me.

wat

what do the mods do?
I didn't even know you could mod an MMO

So aside from that, I have a question that I never see answered: have any of you found a way to do things like guns and puppets at low level and be competent enough to clear what you need to? About a year or two ago I made a new account on Alexina and made an elf archer/puppeteer to see how well I could do from scratch, and I got my ass handed to me as early as brown fomor dungeon.

Firstly, it cuts lag way down. It's hard to list every single thing, since most of them are just giant mod packs. I've been using them for so long that I sometimes forget what's a mod and what's not.

I've barely touched puppet, but guns are ass at low levels. Getting a golden gun or a black star might help, but guns are (str+int)/5 compared to melee's str/2.5, so your damage is garbage. They also rely on retarded reforges to get real damage.

Holy fuck, dude. You single handedly managed to kill discussion of DDON on Holla Forums, and you're still going on about it? Jesus H. Fucking Christ, even SJWs stop talking about something once they've ruined it for everyone.

I learned that the hard way before, right around the time guns first came out. I could never make puppets work (never really tried them either), probably because I don't like archery and have stayed away from life skills so my dex is abysmal.

I'm on Mari, used to be on the /vg/ server until I login and realized evreyone left to play FFXIV.
It's hard to find people top lay this because they're all casuals who can't into grind

This game was my life. I left right before the hero thing… got really fed up with the shit they were pulling with adding guns and modern things. I logged in recently just to see how it was. Did they change director or something? They are letting in some shit concepts for clothing and story.. also fuck dye prices.

what server you in fam?
the fact nexon doesn't let you change servers is fucking gay.

it's not only that, but they complain about UI being clunky and disorganized and how it will take hours and hours just to mine and forge shit.
Because joining a guild is hard.

How can a mere man be this wrong?

I bet they can't even train windmill.

It's actually funny, because up until last week, you could get a 16x training multiplier for windmill without paying a dime.

At least you're not trying to be pure mage. those niggers have it worst.

I know how this feels. Still, I do enjoy playing giant. I'm definitely not excited to play an elf.

That was terrible. It's like they put a spin-off inside the game itself.

Also, we all know its only fashionogi and the whales that throw money at nexon that's keeping the game alive.

It's depressing really. Mabinogi could have improved so much by just actually making shit based off the Mabinogi, but no they gotta crossover with shitty anime and VNs and make modern shit that clash wit the medieval artstyle.

tbh altams design and the rest of the albin knights is WAAAY better then the shit they designed in the saga or shakespeare

why did they even do a thing for shakespear?
shakespear is from the 16th century. the Mabinogi was compiled in the 12th-13th century and even then, Welsh mythology can trace all the way back to 300BC.
Fucking Koreans, I swear.

autism

back form some wedding I was invited to.

In all the time I've played Mabinogi, I think I've only ever been to one wedding. The groom got cold feet and tried to bribe me with gold and items to marry her in his place about a minute beforehand.

Wings ruin MMOs

so what happened to the new user?

The new guy in this thread who seemed excited about the game? I don't think ever ever left his IGN.

rip

He's probably too busy getting a metric ton of beginner gibs benefits and tutorials.

I screencapped your post to bully my pure mage friend
with.

NA, Alexina server. I used Steam to install the game because I'm too lazy to install the Nexon launcher.

I for one enjoy my beginner gibsmedats and will be keeping my total level under 1000 for as long as possible.

at the rate we're going it's… gonna be about a year in all honesty

Are you people seriously playing on servers run by nexon, or is there a better server I am unaware of?

Nexon… pretty much just gave up.
They removed almost all of the jewish shit if you're under level 1000

I'll never understand how Nexon can be so autistic. who thought having basic gameplay mechanics behind a paywall was a good idea?
why can't you change servers after making a character?
why can't they update graphics and textures from 2004?
why are Koreans fucking subhuman.

Basically the only jewish thing left in the game is the gacha and you can just trade with other players to get those items. VIP is still a thing, but all of the other paid services (inventory, story, etc.) are now free for everyone. You also get most of the VIP features for free until level 1000.

Can someone explain Pon to me? I left before it took over.

also, what's with this unlocking things over time now?

You buy pon with NX, I think the rate is something like $1 USD for 10 pon, and use that for fashion things. Editing your character, style tab, etc. What do you mean by unlocking things over time?

I'm not sure. I watched my friend pull up a menu full of items that could expire or be permanent? From what I could tell you could earn an item over time or something.

Unless you're talking about items that expire over time like enchant scrolls and things, then all I can think of is it might be one of the new events or gachapons that I haven't touched.

I would absolutely love to delve deeper into this wondorous slow paced MMO but goddamn EDF 4.1 just got released on steam so yeah.
I guess you won't be seeing me anytime soon.

Are you the mysterious newfag shrouded in mystery under a new ID?

My IDs change like 20 times a day, I can't do much about it.

Godspeed.

You say that like your name is anywhere here for them to call to.

I thought it stopped changing at 20.
There is a difference in stats you have, older are stronger while the younger are weaker.

Unless you're male. Every time I see something I want, it ends up about 15mil or worse for one piece of it.

I feel like I've seen you somewhere, do you main channel 6?

I miss when clothes could be knocked off of you when you die from petrification breath so you're just floating there naked.

Star Wars lightsaber penis porn?

It's the server that doesn't get much love and probably the least amount of children running around fucking things up.

Crisis is great if you're a flame alch on a good enough comp.

They made a scooter with a sidecar.

Could be worse, could be elf scum.

Mages deserve the worst.

Nowhere near as bad as Saga.

Say what you will about mixing modern and medieval, flying foodcart is best pet.

Pure concentrated autism.

Anyone on Tarlach wanna buy a piano or ducat composition books?

wew
(checked)
I like to bully them about their AP costs.

I just laugh at the fact they need to be far away to have any hope of living long enough to get off magic.

I miss when Commerce first started up, they never add anything worthwhile to it and they've destroyed the profits you could make.

Also, am I the only one who is over 10k levels and hasn't maxed out my spirit weapon?

I just hit level 8.7k, but I haven't maxed my weapon either. Only level 32 or so.

I haven't even gotten its awakening yet.

To all new to the game, eat lots of cheese to help you grow big and strong!

This mission point event is absurd. Started going through my free alts to collect training seals.

So far I went

r3 Engineering ->r1
r7 Magic Craft ->r1
r4 Enchanting ->r1
r3 Handicraft ->r1 (made paper cranes to lower amount needed)
r3 tailoring -> r1 (also used any mats I had)

Have also step 6'd several weapons.

Have something like 15,000 points left and not even sure what to spend them on.

is it just me is is shockwave the most broken skill in the the game.seriously.its fucking magic windmill but does lodes more damage AND can reset itself so it has basically no cd at ALL if you get hit

It's honestly not even the most broken magic skill in the game. It's okay I guess, if you've got a staff out and need to hit something behind you real quick.

bump

Any of you know how much a Fixed black pet dye would go for?

I misread that as Fixed Black pet Dyke, I blame your picture.

I think you need help user

10k levels isn't that hard though, if you've been playing for a long time.

Also with the current daily rebirth event you can get 50-100 levels per day with 0 effort; I've personally gotten like 3-4,000 since it started.

whats the point of leveling heavy armour mastery considering the dex penalty it gives?especially as an elf?

More prot and ping? If it is unranked, light armor mastery basically makes heavy armor pointless. Dex is only really useful for puppets/archery though.

Heavy armor is kinda a crutch to begin with, since as you progress, your goal will probably be some fancy bohemian wear, chaser armor, or gamyu's.

Been playing for years and then they made that weekly rebirth thing happen.

I haven't really been playing much outside of doing the events with me barely bothering with the mission point one before it ended.

Just in case?

Yeah just pointing out, the way mabi is structured right now, you still get thousands of levels a year even if you only play super casually. It adds up.

What do girls look like if you remove their clothes in this game?

It's been a long time since i've played Mabi and you faggots have you me interested in it again.

I never really bothered since the EU server got shut down (2011 i think?), and i can't remember what generation that got up to.

What's new with it now? Wasnt Windmill nerfed at some point?

We just got G20 a few months back in the US.

Completely different game since 2011. Combat is less based on rock-paper-scisscors, and is more fast paced.

The basic combat and stat system was completely overhauled at some point. For example, now Every 10 points of strength gives you 1 defense, so a strong player will see a lot of 1s outside of the newest content.

New skillsets and gear were added, so obviously players are a lot stronger now.

More storyline content. More dungeons and shadow missions and such. Uladh Dungeons are also getting a revamp soon.

I forget when windmill was changed, but it no longer gives invulnerability frames.

Rebirth is now free weekly regardless of age for players over 1000 levels, and daily for players under.

Many old things were made significantly easier to get. For example fireball pages don't expire anymore, and skill seals are available that give you training points for skills. There's still shit with 0.01% chance to drop though if you wanna get your grind on.

Most of the big paywalls were removed, and their source of income is now cows who buy gacha and reforges (they essentially let you roll bonus stats/effects on your gear).

Spirit weapons are mostly garbage, outside of firewands, and in some niche cases certain cylinders.

The endgame content is mostly focused around dealing with large groups of multiaggro mobs with passive defenses that can basically 1-shot you.

Not sure if they were around when you played, but if you have an avenger accessory, that's worth like $300+ now. $600 + if a Fierce accessory.

The wiki has patchnotes, which might be worth looking at.

Succubus Queen and Succubus lolis!
Better get your invul frame training back up to snuff.

Revamp is supposedly coming eventually.

Heavy Stander, immune to your skill effects and a room full of mooks.

Is there still a point in working on it hard and fast at the start?

Extra will and str?

I honestly hope they kill all the invul frames so that they'll either be bitched into making actual challenge or tone down the game so you don't have to know every little detail while having a good comp.

an AOE attack that does fuckhueg damage?

They will never make a real Iria Commerce. You will never Iria Truck Simulator in your comfy llama car from port Quilla to the home of the literal sub-human pointy ears while dodging ant holes and Black Dragons and sniping ancients.

daily reminder that elves are mexicans and we need to build a wall

You fucks are making me want to go back to playing this shitheap. I just wanted to be free from this shitty Korean MMO.
I will never not have buyers remorse over the money I spent.

The bandit spawns would be hell.

Burn them all.

I wonder if there are any legit KK sellers left.

There's a new mod project starting up:

github.com/cursey/kanan

It looks very promising, and since it's open source will likely be updated much faster than the cancerous shit from mabimods with autistic installers..

Also no need to use virus ridden sites like adfly to download it.

If the route add workaround stops working for DDON, what do you have to do to get it working again?

So far, we resetted the route, then tried using the netsh method of adding it in, neither work.

play literally anything else. DDO has no redeeming qualities. It's like playing MH:F

Managed to get it working, thanks, computers!

How is that Gold Dragon extreme mission?

bump

Do you think they'll ever try to make a true sequel to Mabi and if so, do you think they could pull it off?

Bumps

Any Ruairi fags here? Ruairi is literally the biggest shithole and sadly I'm stuck here I got banned and got my name changed to Emcha someone invite me to your shit guild please.

DUMP MORE PORN PLEASE

That's what you guys get for supporting a serial loli killer.

Isn't Mabi porn mostly just peoples characters?