What games have best replay value? and explain why

What games have best replay value? and explain why

Way of the Samurai series.
It's pretty much built up around replaying the game several times. You get points and unlock new character customization after completing the game. The amount of points depend on your Samurai score, which in turn is affected by your choices throughout the playthrough.
Your items and shit also carry on to the new playthrough.

Perfect Dark.

Chrono Trigger

DOOM, maybe.

Tons of levels.
Tons of level packs made by the community.
Tons of gameplay mods made by the community.
Tons of secrets to find.
The game places an emphasis on speedrunning, so beating your old times and practicing levels to get new personal bests is always an option.
Then, if you're confident in your individual-level times, you could run entire episodes for a marathon time.
The actual speedrunning community continues to find new ways to optimize the runs.

It's one of those games with infinite content, thanks to the modding community.
Even without mods, the game's natural emphasis on speedrunning encourages you to play through the game multiple times and practice until you can do things as efficiently as possible.

Shadow the Hedgehog :^)

Fallout 4
Undertale
Halo series
Mass Effect series

Not going to bother explaining why since the reasons are obvious.

Morrowind has very strong replay value, but not infinite replay value. Most quest lines give two possible options, and the Great Houses can only be done one at a time. There are plenty of different play-styles and ways to go about the game. You can get a single playthrough to loop for 200 hours without much difficulty, and do consecutive ones in around 100 after you know things. If you space it out with years in between you're looking at a minimum of 500 hours of gameplay. It can't be repeated as many times as a shorter game, but it has a lot that changes on each one.

Everywhere.

KotoR 1 &2 hands down

STALKER SoC and CoP, after completing them you can install different game changing mods that change nearly EVERYTHING

VtMB Nosferatu and malkavian are best played after you beat the game since they change how the game is played.

The Guild 2 Renaissance. A bit weird to get into too, but it's pure sandbox gameplay with you leading your dynasty to outlive others. Politics, farming, blacksmithing, running inns, running criminal syndicates, murder, conspiracy, trying not to die from the black death. It has almost everything to keep you playing over and over.

Pretty much the fallout series other than 3 and . New Vegas has huge replay value due too the story just placing you there only having a background of being a courier and memory loss, also huge amounts of mods, even gameplay changing add to what a real RPG is. Fallout 3 & 4 fail at this since the story and your background is giving to you at the start. Fallout 4 is a huge offender to this since they added voice acting

Diablo 2 and Path of Exile because of procedurally generated areas and build variety
Tales of Maj Eyal and DoomRL for the reasons above, didn't group them together because they're different genres
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 for build variety
Gothic 1 & 2 because you exclusively join one of three factions and which faction you join has an impact on the mid-game content
Hotline Miami 1 (2 is shit, fuck everyone who defends it), Dustforce and Blast Corps because you have to replay stages to get the highest rank
Faster Than Light and Renowned Explorers for unlockables
Star Fox 64 for different routes and medals. It's also plain fun to play and so short you can easily finish it in one sitting
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon to some extent because you unlock a new character archetype (e.g. magic user, pure weapon user, item user, weak guy with increased drop rate) with every playthrough

I never actually played through it as a Nosferatu because having to restrict yourself to the sewer system sounds really boring. Is it worth it?

If you had mentioned mount & blade as well you would be my nigger for all eternity.

Tactics Ogre.
There's different paths to take.

Dwarf Fortress
Rogue and rogue-like games
Minecraft/Terraria probably
GS games and x3 games

Games with good level editing/modding support
Games with multiplayer
Games with a lot of different choices that affect the rest of the game
Games that are different each time
Particularly hard games

Character action games like Silent Bomber, Devil may cry and MGR

you can choose how many people to kill and it affects the story in meaningful ways

Define the "best" replay value.

I've seen people spend hundreds of hours on games with no extra content, multiplayer and/or mods.

Most Fighting Games
You can work on combos, play online, noticing your self getting better is one of the best feelings in gaming

JRPGs with good story-telling AND Gameplay

Games like Nocturne, Valkyria Chronicles, and Dragon Quest have something special about them you can't really find elsewhere

Mount and Blade Warband
There is a damn near infinite number of ways to play this game and it feels just as satisfying each playthrough.

Strategy Games(As long as you have friends)
Dawn of War with friends or even Supreme Commander by yourself is an experience I have yet to find in another game.

Devil May Cry 4 Special edition
CUHRAYZEE but with more chatacters and extra things to dick around. If DMC 3 and 4 held the community together this long, this will do just as well.

MGS 1, 2, and 3
This is one of those you just have to play to figure out why

Yakuza 1-5 (haven't played gook only ones)
Weeaboo GTA with more shit to do.

I think the central theme I found is just have a unique experience that is hard to reproduce.

Just think of it as an actual hard mode. It makes thing fun I guess, gives it more a challenge.

At least the sewer levels will be a breeze

This is the worst description of Yakuza ever. Kill yourself for this shame.

Weeaboo [instert game with WEI SHEN MOTHER FUCKER WHO ARE YOU here]

:^)

Dragon dogma is designed to make you replay at least once

Lost Dimension on the Vita true ending can only be achieved through multiple replays, by maxing everyone's trust.

Magical every time.

Sly Cooper 1, mainly because of the master thief sprints.

Dead Rising, tons of unlocks, one save file, aggressive time management, fun gameplay, and tons of secrets in a compact open world that's fun to dick around in while you rush from one objective to another. It's a game that heavily rewards the player for knowing what to do and how to do it.

Always fun for a replay or two.

I grew up with it and never stopped playing it.

I think Malkavian is better for a first playthrough because otherwise you already know when the voices are being truthful or bullshitting

Skate series

You can do the in-game challenges if you want, or just waste time setting up lines and imposing your own challenges, making Rube Goldberg machines, or breaking the physics.