THIS. HAS TO STOP. THIS IS CANCER

segmentnext.com/2015/06/28/female-lead-characters-extremely-essential-games/

What the fuck did they do outsource their own journalists to poop-in-the-street-land call centers?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/xiS4R
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck you, I'm having a fap and this almost ruined it

The narcissistic gen-Y's and millennials have grown up and gotten jobs in journalism. If you think this propaganda of warrentless ego is going to stop soon, you have an entire lifetime to wait.

I wonder if they're going to give them accurate stats because that could be hilarious.

Generalizing a statement doesn't make it true lol. Even a high school graduate can see your C- writing skills lol

Who the fuck would want to play as some butch manjawed dykes?

The only way it's going to stop is if you publicly call them out on it.
Break the narrative that gaming was typically gendered and free the Otakus.

I have it and never tried men vs women before

You'd think gaming journalists would at least try to be subtle with their complete disdain for their intended audience.

You are the one giving them clicks. Stop feeding cancer, OP.

I just want to know if all women players will only have skills less than 20 and get stomped by men's teams whenever they play.

USE ARCHIVE NEXT TIME FAGGOT OP

archive.is/xiS4R

Whooo, I bet this author is a developmentally challenged millenial. Who would have thought.

summary

The funny thing is how this article praises CoD for paying a voice actor and making a second character model and Minecraft for changing less than 20 pixels on a texture.

I just made the archive for it too because of OP. I see you used it.

As for the article, figures it was written by some middle eastern cunt.

"khan".

games are an entertainment medium although it is made to be sold, it is should always be the developers choice on who the protagonists are and what the games themes are

women don't even fucking play video games anyway

so, how are the comments on the article?

No doubt that's just the sort of thing which only the keen eye of a professional games critic can appreciate.

the bioware devs

Believe me, Gen Y is the problem.
Lots of Millenials (in this case Im considering younger than 30) who are sick of this shit.
Every single Gen Y I meet is a retard or a cuck (many times literal), while millenials are a mixed bunch with most being left leaning but not full on cuckolds.

the hell do these people need characters that are basically their personal self inserts?

They act as if there haven't been female protagonists in games before. Of course, chances are they don't like the bulk of the existing ones, because they either consider them eye candy ("X character is too pretty/cute and should have been more 'realistic', IE: landwhale like the person complaining), or don't like that said female protagonists can be flawed and have actual issues to work through instead of being perfect from the get-go. And then there's the matter of if these people complaining even play video games.

He doesn't want to do journalism anymore, thankfully.

it's like this:
the actual people who've been playing video games for the last 25-30 years have no interest in playing themselves. They want to play as the heroic Link, the nimble Chun-Li, or the badass Arnold Schwarzeneggar stand-in
Players used to be a group who generally didn't want to be themselves–they were nerds and other social outcasts who found solace in escaping to fantasy worlds where they could be someone awesome.

Come to think of it, I've seen myself represented in only 6 games: Spellcasting 101, 202, & 303, Lester the Unlikely, Half-Life, and Out of This World/Another World (and the latter 2 only if I'm being generous. MC is a scientist after all)

But today's "gamer" is one of two people: an annoying 12 year-old, who at least wants to play as a badass soldier in CoD, and a vainglorious trend-chasing twat who was delightfully oblivious to video games and other nerdy pursuits until the Big Bang Theory came on the air and made being a nerd cool (but not for actual nerds. They still aren't cool. Eww)

The vainglorious twat had everything handed to them all their life and was always told they were super special awesome so they have the thinnest skin in the world and the second anyone criticizes them it's a cry of rape, misogyny, and other abuses in response. They also supposedly command the brand loyalty of a way to public but ultimately small number of individuals so what they like "everyone" likes and what they boycott "everyone" boycotts
And what they like is seeing themselves or something they "care" about in the media they watch. Because it makes them feel good about themselves.

Perhaps the most disgusting thing about the SJW influx into the vidya industry is that these fuckers can actually somehow get a minimum viable product out the door. Meanwhile so many of us who have been with the industry for so long just see it going down the shitter and grow discouraged from even attempting to make that dream game we've been batting around for 5 years

fucking Anita Sarkeesian stealing my idea for a vidya, presenting it as her own, and twisting its premise to complete shit halfway through so that if I make mine it will be called a ripoff and simultaneously lambasted for not adhering to her glorious vision
I know the play-as-a-captive-princess game concept had been kicked around for years on tumblr and before that on somethingawful. The clique thinks it's hers
and I developed it in a vaccuum as I didn't have internet at the time

and I'm still going to make it

oldfag in his 40s here.

I started with the Atari 2600, then Coleco, Nes, C64, etc…and I believe you've hit the nail on the head. Even in RPGs, I always imagined I was playing someone else. I never had the desire to play as someone that resembled me, partly because if I wanted to be me I could just walk my ass out of the house.

Games are, for my generation born in the 70s/80s, meant to only be a challenge. We want to be faced with something seemingly impossible, then be forced to find a way to conquer it.

For me, personally, it was a medicine that kept me sane in my youth. I was an average student, not athletic, and had the charisma of a soup can, but I could go through Bionic Commando in 30 minutes and amaze my friends when beating Ninja Gaiden 2 without dying.

I love gaming, but I find it hard to follow anymore since everywhere I look are hipster kids telling me that gaming is suppose to teach me morals and that "playing for a challenge" is "ableist".

b-but women are 50% of gamers, statistics told me so!

What is a gamer?

people who just happen to play videogames, see if your grandpa played a bit of pacman in the arcades, HE'S A GAYMER

It should be – it's supposed to be – a sub-group, reserved for outliers. Not everyone who watches movies is considered a "film buff," it's the same with gamers. Except it's not because SJW hijacked not only the term "gamer" but the gaming community itself. At least it increasingly seems that way.

Cringeworthy as this shit is, not really something worth even trying to stop. The San Fran SJWs have been deluding themselves if they think their ugly fat dykes of characters are some revolutionary shit in fiction that is going to replace everything. Anyone who parrots their shit is easy to put on the list of people who do not know anything about actual game developing (or animating, filmmaking, book writing or general artistry for that matter).

And we have examples of hilarious failures like Sunset and Battleborn that show SJWs are the worst kind of audience to cater to.

the problem with gen x and y is that they were raised by the generation before them and the problem with the generation before them is the fact that western society is modeled after the romans

fuck the romans, those boy loving dengerate fucks

There's only one acceptable way to define "gamer," and while got it, it's in much better taste to describe it with a quote from a video game.

Once upon a time, the sage said "It's not because we are called blacksmiths that we are blacksmiths, but because we forge."

One internet for anyone who knows what game

That sounds like a good video game someone answer this nerd

To be frank the concpet of playing as a captured princess is as old as the Princess Peach segments in Paper Mario.

Isn't Millenials just another word for Gen Y?

Clearly the patriarchy at work.

I stopped caring the moment I realized there were no games worth caring about. We got the best of the best long before 2007 and now every game looks almost identical to the next. Hell, even if we didn't have SJWs and journalists who were shit at everything games would still be cinematic experiences that were cut up into a hundered pieces and sold to the consumer for ridiculous prices.

It just isn't worth wasting my time with any more.

Millenials are typically younger Gen Y who grew up in post 9/11 Western Nations and financial in contrast with late 80s/90s economic prosperity.

Theres a pretty big age gap and culture clash there.

Id say its a distinct subgroup of Gen Y

This

Funny thing is that while journalists are still kicking the dead corpse they don't realize that they are going to be done for soon. normalfags are abandoning the hobby and there's nothing to keep people like us interested any more. They can't even make the hardcore experiences they once did and even if they could I doubt they'd abandon their horrible business practices. All that will be left are the 11% of faggots and feminists they so desperately want, and to top it off you have to wonder how many of them even buy vidya.

Meanwhile, we still have a gigantic backlog to play and have some genuine fun with.

In that case, most millennials are still undergoing/befrore puberty and got most or all of their opinions from their mostly libshit parents. Most people that are around 20 I meet are either full cucks and faggots, or are actually pretty redpilled, with there being more of the redpilled ones. Most aren't nearly as jaded and militant as the posters here, but all except the biggest faggots say they're displeased with libshits and hate mushits invading Europe.

Then again, I live in a pretty based slav country, so that might be abig factor

Poland?

I have no problem with this because the stats reflect the difference in ability.

Do it and report your findings.
Unless EA was smart enough to not let them play against each other.

All I can hope for is that it'll go the same way comics went.
Just wuthout the backing of Disney and Warner that keeeps Marvel and DC still floating, but with everything crashing down, when the sales just keep on falling.

What we'll probably see is a complete shift in focus to mobile phone gaming. Consoles are dead and pc gaming is for enthusiasts. Unless somehow Nintendo revitalizes the console scene with the NX (highly doubtful) I'm pretty sure we'll see video games as we know them die pretty soon.

Eventually you'll have a few people get together and make some good pc games again, and by that time we can only hope that gaming journalists are a thing of the past and that SJWs have died off.

Playing against them, on the other hand….

You know what makes it funnier, the female team does better on the world stage than the male team and they still lose to the youth division of what is one of the poorer clubs in a back water league

It's almost like GTA is a parody of society.

HOLY FUCK WHAT A CHANGE GUYS

These people need to be deleted.

a miserable little pile of dorito crumbs and mountain dew bottle caps

All is right with the world.

Female characters, nothing wrong with it.

Just that the modern SJW idea of female character in Western games is just a bag of tropes reversed by gender, not actual well-written character. They always go on how characters shouldn't be stereotypical or defined by their traits, but they lack the actual writing skills (or have to throw some signaling in) to pull it through, ending up with characters that are usually just real cunts.

And here we have a "redpilled" nu male cuck trying to have his diversity and tolerance cake and eat it too.

"This is okay, but only when done tastefully" he'll say, in his effeminate, whiny voice, always sounding like he's about to cry. "More black characters in escapism is okay, as are homosexuals, but there needs to be an effort to make them well written".

Yes, fuckface, I recall waking up in the morning and thinking how good it would be to have more niggers and faggots, let alone "realistic" female characters. Go fuck yourself.

The best written female character is written as a male character, prove me wrong

can't

It's a shit opinion that gets repeated far too often. It's the same kind of "common ground" bullshit virtue signaling cucks vomit and the left loves to abuse to get their way.

I could give less of a shit about their complaints. They want more "realistic" women in games? They can go and make the games themselves instead of doing what the left always does, badger and shame white men to do it for them.

But he didn't say he wanted more "realistic women" or anything about homosexuals or black characters. You just barely read his post, assumed the worse, had ptsd, then proceeded to get triggered as you started shitposting.

Japanese games, specifically JRPGs, have had women characters in major roles in them for ages and nobody freaks our about that. Have women characters like that and it would be fine.

His own words. Oy vey.

I started gaming in the early 80's, and this whole idea of self-inserting, of actually identifying with my character, did not come to me until I played Morrowind in 2002 or 2003.

This shit article reads a hell of a lot like clickbait, and so does pretty much everything else on this website. I don't get the impression that this guy particularly gives a shit about the subject matter, and it seems more like they were trying to ride the coattails of GamerGate. Controversy brings the clicks, as you all know. If you check out a few of his other artcles, they're all very boring and devoid of political content. This fucker is a staff writer, and is probably just doing his job. His editor or whoever told him to write a piece on what was a hot topic at the time of this article's release. Not saying that's exactly what happened, I don't know the fucking guy, I'm just saying that it's probably more clickbait than it is a genuine and passionately written article by some slacktivist or whatever.

Try not to get too angry about it. What's the point? This shit is over a year old and this website doesn't look like it gets a lot of traffic. The OP didn't use archive, so for all I know he's deliberately trying to garner more clicks by baiting people here via rage.

Maybe these stats aren't accurate, and I have no reason to believe they aren't, but it looks to me like someone wants to give this shitty website some exposure. I say we shouldn't give them any attention. No, they won't go away, but yes it will hurt their bottom line.

Millenials/Gen Y refers to people born between 1982 and the late nineties.

IT CANT BE?! AM I WHAT I DESPISE!??

QUICK, KILL YOURSELF.

THE TRIPS COMMAND ME

Why does age really matter that much? People can be retarded or evil at any age.

goodnight sweet prince

?

and IIRC, the following generation (Gen Z) is estimated to be born around the very late 90s (1998) to somewhere in the 2000s to be majority raised by very late Boomer - Gen X parents who in turn were raised by Silent Gen parents :^)

fun fact: i became 18 a couple months ago

age matters for where and how long a person has experienced the game of life

sage for partial blogshit

Didn't Notch say that everything in Minecraft was genderles? By adding a character with a gender, did they just introduce sexism to a game that had no sexes in the first place?

A consumer category, as meaningful a distinction these days as "potato eater". For my part, I've never associated with the "community". They are just hordes of interchangeable, faceless retards that I crush.

Is it supposed to mean that we don't move fast with our heads up in each others asses?

That girl on the left is half assing it so much.

Fuck off, OP.

You are the kind of Holla Forumsack that is just as bad as the SJW Honestly.

The guy is just stating that female characters aren't a bad thing and are just used horribly.

Top kek.

What, they started filming for a new Human Centipede film already?

As is damn near everything else in this industry. What makes these characters so special that they of all things is what needs to be singled out and "fixed"?

Nothing, female characters were simply relevant to the topic at hand.

What shouldn't be done is forcing it in everyone's faces either.

top kek

I'll give you 8/10 for roleplay.

Okay, if you're still here, bear with me.

Notice when I say "Western". That's a hint for you, if you weren't just trolling for a shitfit.

This is the only time where I will accept this because they're actually right.

So, just curious; are you of the opinion that female characters have no place in vidya at all?

but that's completely right.

who
the fuck
cares

holy
shit

TOP KEK
10/10

LMAO

it took four fucking hours, Holla Forums, step up your memes

shit thread, no archive and no relevance on some backwater clickbait site

when will the voice acting meme die?

Voice acting is the real cancer killing the video game industry, and especially when the protagonist is acted. It isn't always a bad thing like how Bayonetta benefits from it greatly, but 99% of the time it does nothing but make the game it's in much worse.

older still if you want to count King's Quest V and Magical Pop'n

bitch, someone born in '82 would be 34 today

1983 year of Tron and Ultima 3 master race

i dont really care. also

You guys seriously don't check threads mid-fap?