British Airways IT failure hit 300,000 passengers due to ‘inexperienced staff outsourced to India'

DAMAGE LIMITATION British Airways boss ‘tries to gag staff’ over IT failure which hit 300,000 passengers after ‘inexperienced staff outsourced to India didn’t know to launch back up system’

The airline's check-in and operational systems crashed on Saturday and saw thousands of passengers trying to travel on Bank Holiday weekend left stranded. THE British Airways boss is alleged to have tried to “gag staff” over the IT meltdown which hit 300,000 passengers – as inexperienced staff in India didn’t know how to launch the back up system, it has been claimed.

The airline’s check-in and operational systems crashed on Saturday and saw thousands of people trying to travel on Bank Holiday weekend left stranded. And boss Alex Cruz has been blamed for the disaster, but it is now claimed he tried to stop staff talking about the problems experienced after outsourcing staff to India.

In an email to staff obtained by the Daily Mail, he wrote: “Guys, either you are part of the team working to fix this or you aren’t. We are not in the mode of ‘debriefing on what happened’ but rather ‘let’s fix this mode’.” Adding: “In the meantime, if you do not want to get involved or cannot get involved, I would kindly ask you to refrain from live commentary, unless it is a message of support to the thousands of colleagues that love BA as much as you do.”

Yesterday passengers were pictured sleeping rough at Heathrow and Gatwick Airports and queuing outside in their thousands – with the airline’s “inexperienced” boss now getting the blame. The chief executive, who founded budget carrier Clickair and ran airline Vueling before moving to work for British Airways in 2016, has been accused of replacing British IT professionals with cheap overseas workers since taking the role. And GMB union bosses say that this move may have led to this weekend’s chaos – a whistle-blower even claimed bosses knew about the “dodgy” systems.

Aviation expert Julian Bray told The Daily Mail: “I would have expected someone with major international airline experience to be put in charge, rather than someone who has been in charge of two smaller airlines, with an indifferent financial record. “I don’t feel he has the depth of knowledge required to inject radical competitive new thinking into the up-market British Airways brand.

“Cruz is known as being an outsourcer and cost-cutter, stripping out frills and cutting head count, and therefore not particularly suited to an upmarket, people-intensive, luxury-price brand.”

Distraught passengers were reportedly told they wouldn’t be refunded after the massive IT meltdown. Departure boards this morning showed flights departing from Gatwick early on Sunday, however several flights from Heathrow were cancelled. A Heathrow spokesman said yesterday "delays and cancellations of British Airways flights are expected today", while the airline said there would be "some knock-on disruption to our schedules on Sunday, as aircraft and crews are out of position around the world".

Musician Charles Trippy, bassist with US rock band We Was Kings, complained to BA via Twitter that his instrument was missing.

Dear @British_Airways please find my bass. It’s getting frustrating that you don’t know where it is. I kinda need it for work. No big deal 🙁

— Charles Trippy (@CharlesTrippy) May 28, 2017

The band are on the bill at the Slam Dunk Music Festival, which has shows in Leeds on Sunday and Hatfield on Monday. Trippy tweeted: "Dear @British_Airways please find my bass. It's getting frustrating that you don't know where it is. I kinda need it for work. No big deal".

British Airways have apologised and said they are continuing to work to fix the problem and the impact it is having. Delays were also reported in the US, Rome, Prague, Milan, Stockholm and Malaga. The log-jam also hit passengers landing as they had nowhere to disembark. Amid the "carnage" ground staff resorted to scrawling messages for pilots on pieces of paper.

thesun .co.uk/news/3672676/british-airways-boss-tries-gag-staff-it-failure/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_the_Kings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OH MY GOD

THE HUMANITY

WHO WILL SAVE THESE POOR BONGS

Name of the band is actually 'we the kings', not
WE WAS KANGZ.
Is the Sun reporter /ourguy/?

Good. that's exactly what you get for leaving that place in the state of affairs you did. THEY LITERALLY SHIT IN THE STREETS. Thanks britain. Butter toothed limey fucks reap what you sow.

The memes, Jack.

European airlines have to by law financially compensate every customer that experiences a delay of over 4 hours. This will cost BA a fortune, it is up to them to decide if using the cheapest labour they can obtain is worth it in the face of such expenses.

wew

Holy fuck lmao

Why are they hosting the servers in India?

Cost efficiency, poos will work for pennies.

Aside from anything else, what's the deal with a holiday to celebrate banks?

ok I laffed.

Mudasir didn't fly so good.

If you suggest this happened because they outsourced don't you get arrested? You're implying that your native population can't be swapped for poos, that's enough to get the bobby pressing a panic button.

Wew lads, meme magic.

This needs to and will start happening more.
This is what happens when you outsource your jobs to dumbass shitskin third worlders.
As said, maybe this will show at least the smaller, less jewed businesses that it is not a good idea in the long run to outsource because then this shit happens.

Kek
Funniest thing I've read all weekend

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_the_Kings

Upon reading their wikipedia page, you will see they've been around since at least 2007. I assumed they named them selves after the WE WUZ KANGZ meme, but it seems they were around long before that meme took root.

tl;dr: its fucking meme magic.

Such fine looking young men, too.

First album: 2007
Holla Forums can't take credit for this one, sorry.

Wait lad perhaps we are mistaken. That group is call We THE Kings, not We WAS Kings. Is this the right band? Or did OP fuck the spelling up to be funny?

It says

Charles Trippy is the bassist for "We the Kings".

If I made that assertion on social media there is a chance I could be tried under the misuse of communication act, yes.

To squeeze out every last shekel.

I think it's trying to tell us what the british meme will be in many many many years from now; WE WUZ KINGS MATEY

It never ends.

Kek. This is hilarious. Just more proof that memes control the universe.

I think it's time to pick up a butter knife and take to the streets. I'm living in Weimerica but you've landed in a fictional dystopia.

I can’t get a butter knife license as I live in rented accommodation.

I can’t argue that. I have to say; the 1980’s films make dystopia’s look a lot better than I am finding it to be in reality. It’s mostly just Saracens killing and raping children whilst people hold up banners and take photographs of their meals.

To squeeze out every last shekel.>>9997862
Reporter's tablet/laptop autocorrects to 'we was kings', rolling for 'poo in the loo' to show up in a Guardian article.

How retarded would an airline have to be to not have servers at the airport where they are in use?
I mean wtf even a retard like me can see that this would be the most logical place to have the computers for booking and flights etc.

This happens everwhere, tbh

How can us Amerifats false trigger your internet cops? Do we have to tweet at Scotland Yard while using britishisms or something? Is it illegal to tell me?

So is my faggot boss. We've lost people who bring in a lot of income because he refuses to increase their salaries too.
Fucking hate that guy.

It warms my heart with joy whenever scumbag companies hire pajeets instead of local comp sci graduates to manage their shit, and get enormous problems due to the retarded street shitters screwing up.

The only question is whether or not the outsourcing saved more money than their blunder costs them. If it does, this will continue to happen.

Off topic. Has anybody played this video game called Gender Wars. I want to play this but don't know where to get it.

Unfortunately, allot of companies are fucking clueless about IT. People don't understand there are multiple positions doing completely different things. Even fucking worse are the cucks who fall for the "cloud" bullshit.

Have your mission critical servers running in a 3rd world country, what could possibly go wrong?

Stupid fucking niggers probably lost billions while saving 50 million cutting their IT staff.

please send help.

It doesn’t work like that. You can’t bait them. One would have to be a true ruseman to capture their attention and lead them on and even then they would have little incentive to give chase, as it isn’t about punishing individuals as such. I will try and explain the surveillance state as is in Bongistan CY+2.

It is only enforced selectively. The surveillance state can’t punish all thought criminals, as it doesn’t have the resources. It must however ensure that it flexes its muscles regularly and in doing so creates the desired chilling effect.

Targets that are plucked from the masses usually fit a set profile. They are white working class males, uneducated and poor. I believe these targets are probably fully vetted before being pulled in to ensure there is no money anywhere in the family so that no legal defense can be mounted, as they don’t want these laws challenged. Being white, working class and male there is also no chance of an advocacy group or the press defending them. These cases are the bread and butter of statistics that are used to justify the furthering of the surveillance/ police state.

You then have cases of people actively calling into action these laws. For example a number of people may report the wrong thought, usually in a case of vendetta (e.g. they dislike a certain journalist) or perhaps it is a certain protected group such as Muslims seeking to destroy an enemy. These aren’t great cases for the state because the victim isn’t pre-vetted, they may have the money and the education to be able to defend themselves, worse still they may have a large number of advocates in the general public. Ordinarily the surveillance state will make a big song and dance about “investigating” the wrong thought but will avoid an actual prosecution attempt that could fail. This doesn’t mean the thought criminal has got off scot-free however, the surveillance state can still utilise a chilling effect sufficient to act as a warning to observers. The press will be called in to destroy the individual, his or her employers will be pressured to terminate employment etc.

So essentially the desired end result is no different to modern day china. Ask a Chinaman about the events that took place in Tiananmen Square in 1989 and he will become uneasy and assure you that he has no idea what you are referencing. The British Government should very much like it’s native prisoners to have the same reaction when it comes to a mention of Rotherham as an example. Like China The British Government openly seeks to be able to control exactly what information it permits its prisoners to see regardless of its legality. Already it is has passed laws which surpass any other state in the world when it comes to data privacy, granting itself and a majority of it’s departments full access without a warrant to every citizens full internet activity.

This. I hope those cheap street shitters were worth it BA; you got what you deserved.

Don't shit up a thread with random questions like this; keep it in the appropriate thread:

You'd have to imply that it was because of the ethnic composition of the country that got the contract. GMB man got away with stating that "If it had been in the UK it would have been fixed in hours" because dirt is magic.

WE

It all boils down to the fact they want a real, live working class bong they can make an example out of for wrongthink. It's a different variation in the States but still the same result.

At some point one has to wonder if they will ever get it. Perhaps they might when mobs of enraged Europeans or niggers are pouring flaming hydrocarbons into their impenetrable South American or New Zealand bolt-holes.

I'm quite confident that 99% of these business would fail within a week if they weren't getting their government welfare.

GET FUCKED BA
I cannot WAIT until every business that hires these 70-IQ floorshitters gets rekt. You get what you pay for.

How do you do fellow (((Spaniards)))

That thing does not look like a spaniard.

This was no great loss. Nobody wants to hear niggers fiddling on instruments. Fucking jungle rats shouldn't even be allowed on airplanes.

DESIGNATED

Until your iPhone stops receiving messages and cannot connect to any domain with more than three vowels in hits name, for no fucking reason.

Hiring an American for $30, versus hiring a street shitter for $3 an hour. Simplistic economics, from the double-digit IQ merchants. Who cares if Pajeet fucks up 8 out of 9 times? Just hire ten Pajeets, and they'll be 10% more effective than the same number of Americans, right?

Grab yer warspoons fellow Bongs! It's time to tut angrily and roll our eyes at these fuckers.

Saved for future reference.

Here in Bongistan the process is the punishment. Look at how they destroyed Tommy Robinson's chances of a settled family life with bullshit cat-and-mouse games, or how they threatened Nick Griffin with 'inciting racial hatred' when he tried to hand a locally-collected dossier on the Rotherham rape gangs to the police!

Feel for Griffin, Robinson can fuck off to Israel.