Video. Game. FUCKING. "Journalism."

-Aonuma / Nintendo

1. The above paragraph – the official explanation provided by the owners of the IP – makes PERFECT. FUCKING. SENSE.
2. The statement above is self-evidently true.
3. It is, simply, just that simple. It is impossible to illustrate the developers' absolutely valid, soundly-reasoned point any more clearly than this because it literally cannot be expressed any more clearly.
4. If you somehow fail to comprehend why what the company is saying makes sense, don't bother asking because I could no sooner explain why it makes sense to you than I could explain to you why 2+2=4.
5. Now that we've cleared that up, let's see what our esteemed games media has to say, shall we? Surely, they – of all people – would recognize these truths, right?

-Eurogamer

-Themarysue

-Gamespot

-Attackofthefanboy

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/N3eOz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you should kill yourself, user.

who could have guessed!.
game journos are a buch of cucks wow

Eurogamer and Gamespot are obvious trash, but come on now, Marysue and Attackofthefanboy really make no pretenses towards being "video game sites" do they?

This thread is shit but it will have +200 replies anyway.

What's so shit about it? Seems like a decent video game topic for discussion.

Breaking News!
People who devote their careers to talking about things don't actually have an idea what they're talking about because they would actually be doing something productive if they had any real talents! Our panel will discuss.

Journalist need to just play the games. It's like they forget it's a video game and try to "identify with" fantasy shit.

Also not getting the balance of the tri force. Zelda doesn't fight because her part is wisdom. Link has courage to fight the raw power taken by evil.

Play the fucking game and stop trying to draw parallels with real life when it's a fantasy game. Not every thing has to do with gender identity or what ever popular happening is going on.

(checked)
He's essentially saying that as they have never troubled themselves with giving Link a concrete character or voice, as that would insist upon the player and ruin their ability to imprint themselves onto him, that it would be difficult to put him into a Zelda-centered story mode. But of course this

Zelda can fight it's just as Wisdom and royalty her role is more to tell Link what to do while Link, as courage and her 'knight', is the vessel through which Zelda's goals are realized

The thing with Video games journalism that we, people like us don't use them, there's no point since we can spread information quickly among our own without external influence. New information on a game? It's already circulating arounf Holla Forums.
Games Journalism is for those who are not into these "Channels" since their revenue is based on views, they have to appeal to those who can't get information quickly and thus, this how the SJWs invaded.
They don't want to sit on Holla Forums for hours on end for information so they're willing to go on these websites and exchange their time for whatever shit they're throwing out so they feel like they're apart of the community and can be apart of the conversation.
It's shit but not much we can do other than we're currently doing and trying to shut them down.
Although something like an automated "Gaming News" Twitter or something might help so people can't push their politics in and all you're getting is the raw shit. Setting up a huge thing would be hard to pull off and incredibly annoying for people to follow since news is coming out almost every day.

Well yeah every one can fight. It's just her ability is more magic and depending on the game also being a ninja.

Fix'd

Muh stronk womyn can fight though, just make Link a girl shitlord.

Why are you paying attention to sites that you don't like?
Why are you not giving attention to sites that you do like?
Why don't you argue against these topics on the site that you disagree with instead of preach to the choir on Holla Forums?
Why not make your own website?

Isn't Link basically already a girl?

He looks girly, he sounds girly, he's completely smooth all over his body, he never fucks any girl, he's in a yaoi death lock with a burly strong hairy foreigner guy that wants to "insert" his "sword" into his "ass", what more do these people need?

Link is essentially a girl.

I never did get this line of thinking.
Only a retarded nigger would want female!Link over fucking playable Zelda, especially if it's for FEMINISNMDHDF since St. Anita declared the former sexist.

HEAR HEAR HEAR OUR TALE

THE END HAS COME FOR THE WHITE CIS MALE

FEMINISM FEMINISM FEMINISM FIENDS

HILLARY HILLARY TWENTY SIXTEEN

Yeah but that's not identifying as a girl so that's not enough. I don't get it either.

I don't get why you'd want to play as Zelda instead in the first place. You'd be stuck in the Castle or a crystal depending on the game with nothing to do most of the time. She sure as fuck isn't the adventurer and forcing her to have the courage would remove her wisdom which would make her female Link and be subservient to some patriarchy icon more than likely. But if they make them all girls, it's creepy anime yuri. Just tell them all to fuck off.

That's why you make it A NEW FUCKING GAME.
That ever cross your mind?

This.

What people don't realize is that it's not vidya journalism the problem.

It's journalism.

If you have any expertise whatsoever in anything, then read an article about that field… you realize that they people writing either really really dumb or deliberately obtuse, and that they neither have knowledge nor understanding of anything they write about.

Vidya journalism, being early adopters of the web-press, is just a bit ahead of the curve.

Today even in a highly specialized segments (in my field) your starting to get those semi-opinion piece, semi-article, semi-inflammatory, semi-shit writing, full of factual errors.

In specialized publication… as in work related… as in important technical relays… as in guys that live strictly on subscription and typically business subscriptions at that, not personal.

And that was totally absent 10 years ago.

Why? Because that's today journalism, that what people that go to journalism school learn how to write.

And that's fucking scary as hell, the field I'm talking about is one that is used to weight political and economical decisions.
There are fields where having an informed decision is far more important than losing $50 on a shit game…

not necessarily:
Sheik is a thing and Zelda uses an elegant fencing style in Hyrule Warriors. Additionally,Tetra was a mighty pirate
She's also been the MC in two games (both of which were crap but one of which would have been fucking awesome if the producers hadn't decided that CGI graphics were more important than 300 dungeons)
There's also been at least one romhack for Zelda 1 that casts Zelda in the starring role

But how to reconcile this with the legend of the triforce, being bound to wisdom, etc?
Write a story that makes use of it. Fucking duh. There's no rule that says Zelda gets kidnapped–half the time it's her fucking dungeons you're going through and her monstrous guardians you're killing (albeit not necessarily the current Zelda's).
Make a game with Zelda as a tandem switch character (like Spirit Tracks but moreso) or something where Link has been captured and Zelda must assemble the 6-8 macguffins to free him so he can finish off Ganon. There are even gameplay models that support the notion of fighting a boss from the sidelines so that a primary combatant (in this case Link) can get the final blow in
He;ll, why even use Zelda at all? How about a Malon game? or Saria? or Maple? There's kind of a lot of waifus in Zelda that you could play as.

There are ways to do this, and you don't need to gender swap Link for any of them

These journos don't understand how much of a dream job being a video games journalist/critic really is. I'm in the middle of a summer calculus course where I have to spend twice a week in class, and have at least one day dedicated to homework and studying.

On top of that, I work out on a regular basis and I'm looking into bitcoin mining and web development.

If I get all of my work done, don't feel like doing anything, and decide to play a little Overwatch or Rocket League done before one of my parents returns from work, they'll automatically assume that I was playing vidya all day and berate me about not having a job or internship Which I applied to four positions, none of them wrote back.

And when Journos complain about stupid shit like this and git gud culture, I really envy and loathe these people on how they get full careers out of bitching and moaning about stuff that shouldn't even be a concern in video games.

I never paid attention to vidya """"journalism"""", I just looked at games my friends played and their recommendations. Who actually, unironically, read vidya journalism?

Fuck that sounds terrible user. I'm glad I dropped out to pursue an online biz.

Yeah, yeah, I still want a shiek/zelda during future of Ocarina of Time game, retarded SJWs want squidward's shaft but link is a girl and no other changes.

Personally I prefer this to retarded pandering that makes no sense.
A zelda game makes sense though

AAA western devs, and Japanese devs.

I know that feeling user, it is a very very shitty feeling.

While i think Nintendo shouldn't buckle and not make Link female ever, i think they should just have said

How does their explanation make perfect fucking sense? It's just blabbering about the balance of the triforce and shit.

What a surprise.

Maybe they wouldn't bitch if you actually told them about your busy schedule. Jesus user.

I haven't touched tloz since ages, what exactly is that comic referring too?

It makes sense within the context of the series, and was probably aimed at fans of the franchise. I'm not even a huge zelda fan and I understood that shit

Also remember that almost nobody at Nintendo on the dev end is a fluent English speaker. Everything is either translated by a third party trying to sort-of keep the same message or in broken-ass English.

I find it funny that SJW cunts are jumping on the exact wording of a non-native English speaker though. Just another example of hypocrisy

Probably shirtless Link in the new Zeldo

I haven't gone there since she was crying about how sexists wanted to ban Mad Max and how great the movie was for feminism, but essentially what the comic seems to boil down to is Zelda NX Link screaming and making funny faces. Showing off the mechanic of being able to set sticks on fire and undress almost completely which is in the new game.

Newest Zelda coming out isgoing pretty far away from standard Zelda and has tons of weapons, crafting, open world, different armors, etc. You could run around the game in your underwear setting anything you see on fire if you wanted, which basically became a new le funny joke.

Don't bother. These days botnets are where it's at, unless you want your power bill to offset your bitcoin gains.

If you want to try bitcoin mining, go aim for a new cryptocurrency you think will make it big.

Since when? I thought it was safe.

They seem illiterate.

At this point it's not even really about letting players have the freedom to choose a fucking gender, nor is it about simply having a female lead (ie, Zelda instead of Link). The thing that matters most to these crazy SJW-cultists is making Link become a tranny, inserting their ideology into some community they don't give a fuck about otherwise. Legend of Zelda is a top contender for one of the best game series of all time, according to the mainstream view, and these people are hell bent on corrupting it for that very reason. They are the same group that points out when white people commit "cultural appropriation" of things like fucking stupid ass dreadlocks, all the while they have been actively appropriating gaming culture behind the scenes. They're hypocrites, and what's worse the media – the games "journalists" – are wholly complicit in assisting their subversive god damn scheme. It's disgusting.

Fear not, day of the rope is coming soon.

Remember when they gave us Linkle?

Look it's the newest Mrs Male character herp derp!

That shit will just happen again, or people will complain why female Link isn't representing every other demographic.

Nintendo are racist/homophobic shitlords! Why isn't the new female Link a black lesbian?

Give them a inch, they demand a mile.

It's even more annoying that all this bullshit started from a rumor in 2014, then the fake Emily Rodger rumor and then again in 2016 from the E3 lanyard with Link art that some sites were claiming as LOOK FEMALE LINK! IT'S TOTALLY REAL GUYS, IT'S NOT JUST ANDROGYNOUS LINK'S FACE AS SEEN FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE!

To play doubles advocate it would be entirely lore friendly to have a game where you play as Zelda in the OoT bad future timeline where Link doesn't exist anymore after the end of the game. And for anyone wondering yes this is 100% canon due to the autistic shit that is Hyrule Historia.

So wait, clear this up for me:

OoT Bad Future = The hero is defeated, right? Link is beaten at some point and Ganon wins.

So does the Triforce of Courage just cease to be? Link just stops being a thing?

Nah, he eventually reincarnated (or, the Triforce eventually selected a new hero who just happened to have the same name and, due to a plot convenience, dress the same way.)

But the Triforce was out of balance due to Linklessness, which is probably why the world got flooded.

Hyrule Historia is a load of shit, but is correct that it's a great excuse to play as Zelda… except you'd be doomed from the start to an FF7-level bad ending, where civilization is wiped out by a great flood and the only survivors are hideously deformed cel-shaded blobs.

Come to think of it, douchey teenage hipsters would probably eat that up.

I'm not sure that we'd have to have a game in that period have a straight "bad end". I feel like it could end up with a sort of "momentary peace" deal before shit finally just goes full tits up

>>9996921
Manly Guys Doing Manly Things is not an SJW comic.
I mean read the fucking title.

You can't be an SJW if you're funny.

No. Ganon was able to win so he took the triforce of courage from Link and the triforce of wisdom from Zelda then he had his wish granted turned the sacred realm into the dark world and the sages sealed him into the dark world as a last resort then aLttP happens.

It's a lot simpler than people make it out to be.

well if we're being realistic here, its not like nintendo has to make every zelda game follow the formula. nobody is holding a gun to their head. hell, they've made plenty of games that don't have ganondorf. saying "if zelda is the hero, what would link do?" is kind of retarded. that's like saying "if skull kid is the main villian, what would ganon do?", and zelda wasn't even in majora's mask either.

but all that is moot. nintendo can do whatever they want. if you think female protagonists are so important that they "need" to be in games, then shut the fuck up, get off your cunt and do it yourself. i wouldn't care if they made one with a female link or zelda as the protagonist, it might even be interesting, but nintendo doesn't "need" to do shit, and keeping a male protagonist in zelda games is no more "misogynistic" than keeping lara croft the main character of tomb raider is "misandry". someone should throw these retarded "journalists" into a fucking wood chipper.

Don't try to figure out their reasoning… all they're doing is to proselytize.

They want more gay and transgender characters, the same way they want more gay and transgender humans. For them, Link isn't merely being rewritten: he's getting gender assignment surgery, because this validates their hopeless life.

As I said here the point is they wouldn't know how to implement Link into the game as an NPC. Based on their wording they were considering the option of having a choice between Link and Zelda and intending for that choice to change the game significantly, however they weren't sure how Link would work into the story, while it was very easy for them to work Zelda into Link's story

Theoretically they could make a Zelda game starring Zelda without Link being in it but they seemed to have wanted it to be the player's choice between the two.

unfortunately the person who does oglaf is a huge sjw, and I found a few of those comics to be funny.

More like Dungeons & Cucks

if you really think about it, they're kind of unintentionally shitting on link. yes, he is the protagonist, but they have flat out said that he is such a non-character that it is impossible to turn him into a functional NPC. and femcunts are interpreting nintendo giving zelda infinitely more characterization to zelda than they have to link, as nintendo putting link on a pedestal at the expense of zelda.
that's it, i give up. fuck it.

casual friday?

if they treated zelda like they treat link, they'd all be screaming "why is zelda such a hollow character!? oh, they don't give enough of a shit about stronk womyn to actually create a richly developed character? well fuck you nintendo!"

i wasn't kidding about the wood chipper thing. i want to see a blood rainbow.

not only this, but if she can fight as sheik, then she can fight as zelda too.

Just make a game where Princess Zelda has to take up her ninja skills and save the day on her own for a change. I'd play that, and I'd bet the majority of you would, too. Link doesn't need to be a female, though. It's the same shit with SAMUZ IZ TRANZ. No. Fuck off. If Nintendo did what these idiots are suggesting, they'd only be trying to change the established identity of these characters for the sake of making a political statement while pandering to dipshits who don't even care about vidya in the first place.

This type of shit enrages me to no end. The passive-aggressive patting on the head to do 'better'. Not a motherly tone, but almost as that of a holier-than-thou middle school teacher constantly going 'Well, if you studied…'

And 'better' means doing the shit that they want you to do. The game series won't just become 'better' because a girl will be playable, it's just another example of the sheer emotional manipulation people like this try to pull all the time. And these people for the life of them can't figure out why they're not liked by others.

I think game journos should be killed on sight

Games "journalism" has been poor quality for a good while, barring perhaps a few places. Hell, pic related is bitching about the state of press and reviews all the way back in 1994.

That said, I'm not sure if they pressed for games to be politically correct or to "break from the norm" or whatever they currently tend towards back then. I didn't exactly have access to much like video game magazines growing up, but I do hear that the press sided with the customer against Jack Thompson's ideas for improving the industry back in the day. Now they'd rather rail against the average enthusiast, pushing their "gamers are dead" and "this is your new audience" sort of tripe.

The other issue is that whatever is done probably wouldn't be enough. Hell, even choosing not to bring a game west due to the risk of big-name journalists being offended doesn't stop them, considering TK decided to not allow the new Dead of Alive to be brought west, but one "professional" still imported it just to be able to give it an "offical" western review shitting on its existence.

Thinking about it, I would love to play a Zelda game where she is the main character. It would introduce a lot of interesting gameplay mechanics and character exploration. Maybe in 10 years when the social justice meme dies off it could be done without being poisoned.

It doesn't make perfect sense. Why would it be simpler to make Zelda the protagonist? You know what would be simpler than drafting up new gameplay mechanics and storyline bits? Swapping out Link's model with a female one. That would be much simpler.

Eh not really. The whole clickbait trend started precisely because online journalism is as far from a full career as possible and without some sort of controversy, they'll be out of jobs quicker than you can say "beta cuck"

SSBM

For me, one of the big red flags was the following:

Childhood me still had fun reading it, but still.

TFW when no Linkle saving and Prince Zell. Rescuing him from horny Gerudo Harem attempting to fuck a new Ganondorf into being.

preaching to the choir: the post

I can see a game where you play as Zelda commanding an army of 100 Links.

Each Link will have a role based on what item you assign them. Give Links shields and they're knights. Give Links bows and they're archers. You assign how many Links get what items based on how many of those items you find.

And if a Link dies you carry that Link's soul piece to a fairy fountain where the great fairy can revive your Links with new bodies.

Zelda also has her spell book which you can use to cast magical spells to assist your army from status boosts to Bombos.

Get your fucking shit straight anons.

Is that middle panel suppose to be yahtzee? Is it implying that the 90s reviewer was better? Yahtzee was immensely popular because he was the only reviewer with a significant following that would flat out say a game is shit and give his honest opinion and secretly lurks on Holla Forums, where as everyone else was bought out and would just say literally every game is 9/10. Kinda like panel 1.

He still says a lot of dumb shit sometimes with such an adamant "I'm right everyone else is an idiot" tone that he's pretty insufferable.

Zelda as a franchise has never done that shit before, though it does sound like an interesting idea. However, you know it'd be babbys first RTS and maybe that shit won't fly for the type of person who is really into Command and Conquer or whatever, and because it would be such a drastic departure from the series for established fans, I can't help but ask who such a game would be for.

FUND IT

Uhhh… I proposed as a possibility.
It might be more Pikmin than C&C but it can be considered an RTS with a smaller squad. I know Links are intelligent enough to be divides and commanded as separate squads.

If you want the game to be more macro than that then we'll figure something out.

Part of why, when it comes to the limited places I might look for reviews at, I generally stick with third party groups, rather than some place devoted to Nintendo/Sony/Sega/Microsoft/whatever. Because I'm pretty sure there's an inherent bias from a place like those wanting games made by the company they focus on to do good. And that's not even counting outright shilling.

Plus, wasn't Nintendo Power owned by Nintendo itself?

THIS

I've thought about this before and considered something to the effect of Zelda conquering the dungeons throughout the game.

I am beyond mad when it comes to this movie now.

Hyrule Total War mod already exists though

Not sure what you mean. Link has triforce of courage. So adventuring makes sense. This would be Zeldas story so it has to do with Wisdom. Few game genres encompass a play style of wisdom. Either have the game a mystery puzzle solving game. Go old school Tomb Raider and have her magic as puzzle solving with light combat magic.
Go rts and use her royal status for once to command troops.
Or badic puzzle game where Zelda is cheering her accomplishments like in Bubble Bobble/bust-a-move.

Sorry user. You beat me before I finished my rage and than went to take a piss before sending.

Jesus fucking christ.

You literally can't make this stuff up.

Oh my god.

Normalfags get out.

The numerous ways to make a good game with Zelda as a main character:

1. A regular Legend of Zelda game, but with more emphasis on puzzle solving or recruiting townspeople to help you succeed in dungeons (IE: Recruit some of those buff builder guys to follow you in dungeons and handle monsters.).
2. A Hyrule Pikmin.
3. A stealth game. Use magic and shit to trick guards.
4. A single-player Civ styled game. Similar to the second idea, but would focus more on rebuilding Hyrule as opposed to combat.
5. Something akin to the Deception series, build the traps in the various temples that Link will eventually go into, but instead you'll be fighting off Ganon's minions.
6. Hyrule Warriors 2

The big problem is that all the game types I can think of that would require wisdom aren't the kind of games that would sell to the casual player base, or even just the Legend of Zelda player base. So that's probably why they haven't bothered.

Link, nowadays, is designed to appeal to fujoshi. He has his two designs, shota Link and androgynous grown up Link.

This is a pretty genius idea because he's not off putting enough for normalfags to be scared off, but he's right in the fujoshi strike zone.
Basically, imagine you had the ability to take a game, like Senran Kagura, and tone it down just
enough to not immediately scare off normalfags. You'd now have a what would sell like a normal game, but also have the dedicated fanbase that will buy the game anyway.

this

everyone who was semi competent works as PR at actual game developers

zelda games dont even sell that well to warrant it

no, they just want to ruin crap they dont buy

I dont fucking stand in front of H&M with pictures of sweat workers jumping off of roofs

I would think you, of all people, would understand.

Game """"journalists"""" don't like games. They hate games. They would rather do anything else than play them. The job isn't for someone enthusiastic about games to give them a fair review; it's generating clickbait by writing the most irritating, terrible crap possible.

Not only does Holla Forums fall for it every time, they take what they've learned and make bait threads here for the same ego boost and attention. The only difference is, they do it for free.

There are no men and women in video games. There aren't even people. It's 1's and 0's. How we interpret it is entirely our problem.

What if a Zelda strategy game?

would rather be forced to play linkle

the entire plot of these games is that society is so fucked and incompetent you have to unfuck it yourself

SJWs are meritless parasites who rely heavily on cronyism to get anywhere & for the most part take rather than creating anything thus produce nothing of value.

REMINDER
The goal is not "muh inclusion". It is not noble to steal existing characters to promote an agenda.
The true goal is to destroy any established male or white identity out of pure bigotry towards those groups.
Never believe their lies about their "noble" cause It has nothing to do with "equality" & everything to do with supremacy & bigotry. Every. Single. Time.

You can bet the day they finally browbeat Nintendo into compliance is the day these anti-white anti-male bigots take to social media to trumpet the "victory" against these groups targeted by their very blatant hatred.

TL;DR They hate white men. They want to take & destroy anything white or male. That's what this is about.

Please die, anytime.

But I kind like Miles

with those horrendous hitboxes it'll never be what it intends to be

But it already is a casual-as-fuck timewaster and crate opening simulator.

What came first? Ranch. Or Cool Ranch?

Go back to /r/gaming faggot.

Case and point.

That's the tragedy of it all. We could have more games with cute female protagonists going on adventures, but the well is poisoned in so many ways, that it's not even a well anymore.

Make a traditionally girly character and feminists/journos/tumblrcunts will lose their shit.
Make a sexy character and feminists/journos/tumblrcunts will lose their shit.
Make the game challenging and engaging and feminists/journos/tumblrcunts will lose their shit.
Make the game longer than 2 hours of play and feminists/journos/tumblrcunts will lose their shit.
Do something that can be misconstrued or misinterpretted and feminists/journos/tumblrcunts will lose their shit.
Make the character white and feminists/journos/tumblrcunts will lose their shit.
Give the character a male love interest and feminists/journos/tumblrcunts will lose their shit.
Forget to load the game exclusively with black gay trans muslim characters who have more story focus than the main character and feminists/journos/tumblrcunts will lose their shit.

Even if they make a great game, if there is any perceived pandering to feminism, Holla Forums and the legion of wannabe anti-SJW toddlers from plebbit will lose their shit. It's a reflexive response at this point that's gotten out of hand.

Holla Forums popularized the kneejerk reaction to any perceived SJW bullshit, and even if they are mostly right, there's tons of imitators out there that don't know when to let it go, and that just gives SJWs and Journos more ammo to continue acting like cunts.

Why aren't they dead yet? The journos, the people that pander to SJWs, etc. Why aren't they out of business?

If we, the gamers, geeks, nerds, whatever-the-fuck aren't buying their shit and giving them clicks, who is? SJWs don't actually read that shit, do they? Are there enough random clicks and shits they all get to keep them afloat or am I missing something happening behind the scenes? Are they receiving money from larger groups to stay afloat? If so, do these companies not give a fuck that all this cuckoldry is a money trap rather than a lucrative investment?

I don't get it.

Sorosbux and faggots with too much money and too little sense funding them.

Don't forget that Intel and EA both decided to dump millions into feminist and equality organizations that have never accomplished anything, ever.

It's where feminists get their information about video games from. If you've ever spoken to a feminist and found them hilariously misinformed, this is why.

Its clearly a very SJW comic, since its trying to rewrite Zelda canon to be "the evil Arab wizard was actually good and the white elf kingdom was just being RACIST"

Miles is a good character and now he and peter live in the same universe cause bullshit.

Anyone got the screencap explaining how "Tits or GTFO" used to be an anti-whore repellent as opposed to anti-women?
Also, with how hard SocJus is being pushed, I think we do need that knee-jerk for a while. Until the people who DO female characters have to go above and beyond to do it well. Let those sort of games come back into the industry with the best- not average.

user delivers, m8.

Thank you, gents. I'm going to promptly go take a massive shit, send it to Kotaku, and say it's relevant. More to follow.

Actually, did that. My gaming group did a "#NoLivesMatter, BOIL THE OCEANS! campaign next to a Trump campaign in Second Life. Don't bully A FURRY with Kotaku came and actually did interviews. Hours later Kotaku had an article up about it being an anti-Trump rally even though half of us mentioned we're voting for Trump.

We lol'd.

now that would be really good

The knee-jerk reaction is necessary, because endless praise and ideological echo chambers breed regressive and destructive mentalities. It can't all be positive and agreeable all the time, otherwise nothing changes or improves.

Artists need someone to shit in their cheerios, because otherwise all the "OH WOW YOU'RE SO GREAT" just makes their skills stagnate.

It's just frustrating that an otherwise important aspect of the development of media and culture can be denigrated and simply tossed aside as the impotent screeching of idiotic children.

I don't give a fuck. If women want "proper" role models in games they can go and make them themselves and stop trying to shame the whole vidya community into doing it for them.

Alternatively, they can fuck off, since gaming was never about them, and they obviously have no wish to integrate.

The types of people who whinge about games "lacking diversity" or whatever arent even looking to be happy. They just want to critique and bash and see how much they can make any dev jump through hoops for the sake of it.

This game has a male protagonist
But hes male
Okay here she is
So we made her more feminine
Fine, we covered her up
Now she is
Not any more
Genderqueer polyasexual demigirl quasiplatonic unicorn with six headmates and depression
And disabled with PTSD but she has super powers that make up for it and everyone loves her and she kicks every guy she meets in the groin while throwing out sick one-liners
Fuck you

Take a step towards what they want and they take one back. Just look at AssCreed, Dishonored or even Linkle.

I don't know. After Ocarina they kind of made Zelda too powerful. Strong magician and able fighter. I wonder if it would be possible to have a Super Mario RPG spin to the franchise, with something new as a menace. Hyrule Warriors almost had it, but they needed to make you face Ganon in the end. At least Cia was really cool.
She was such a big girl they needed to make two of her.

this reminds me of how not making shooting arrows on wii zelda games like the wii sports resort archery minigame was a waste

People, you can buy or pirate the real third movie right now! And in fact, it's pretty fun!
The whole original cast, written by the creators, and the proton packs are sexy as fuck to lock and to shoot.
You can even talk with Vigo in his painting.

It's just absurd how this game is superior to this trash movie in every single way. Hell, it's even cheaper to "watch".

I pray for the day when large studios and companies realize this. They are so deep in the kool-aid that they buy this critical theory bullshit and think it's a valid complaint against their work.. And it fucking paralyzes them.

It's not that the head-shaved, gruff space marine character is "safer" than any other archetype of character, but rather that there's so little confidence from investors and financiers for other types of characters because.. Go fucking figure.. They read the news and check the gaming sites and all they see is negativity, bitching, and feminist shit-flinging.

It's like the Law and Order episode. This is how the rest of the world views video games, as described by the journalists who are trying to put an entire hobby on ideological lockdown.

Was this in response to that shitty Aaron Diaz "proposal" that featured references to the CD-i games and was sucked off by games media and others for nearly two weeks straight?

yes

What real problem?

Aren't journo schools actively teaching their students to be biased now? I remember a Razorfist vid where he talked about taking a Journolism class and his teacher criticized him for being impartial and sticking to facts.

Fuck everybody who thinks this, they are the reason for literally everything wrong with female characters in fiction.
If everybody who thinks that fictional characters need to be role models killed themselves, there would be a net gain for society from such a large fountain of retardation being removed.

So you're saying if we gassed all the leftists and feminists society would be better off? Who knew.

The thing about fiction is that there is no universal appeal. Compare, say, female characters in shonen and shojo manga, how they radically differ from each other, both in terms of their looks, abilities and desirability, and in terms of personality as well.

Would women want their romance fiction to be filled with the average shonen protagonist that can't help but pussy out at every opportunity?

Why can't women fuck off and do their own thing? It's obvious they don't like games, don't like playing them, and only do so under duress because they want to attention whore. All they want to "play" is VNs with a focus on fujoshi shit since they seem all very keen on having games with "skip gameplay" features.

It's not a purely leftist thing, though.
Anyone who perpetuates the meme that fictional characters should be role models is a fucking retard, whether they're supporting stronk womyn or natsoc.

So, leftists? Because the people that did perpetuate this shit were almost exclusively leftists. Back when there was a witch hunt against Doom, Night Trap and Mortal Kombat, the committee members were three democrats (two of which were Jews).

Soccer moms that go into a moral panic are by and large leftists, because the vast majority of women lean left.

The myth that the right is the "no fun allowed" faction is a leftist fabrication.

Revisionist Bullshit: The Post
Soccer moms are good christian women that think prude things should be blocked form our children's eyes at the cost of anything.

Oy vey.

But the guy who gave the whole idea of fictional role models a single shred of credibility was pretty damn right-leaning.

Well, we gave them the idea of democracy too, and look what the left has done with it.

where is the black female IRON MAN

Sounds less like a left/right problem and more a problem of women taking control of all culture. Video games, sports and comics were the last bastions of men, not anymore.

her name is COAL WOMAN

And women are leftists by default.

And we can see how this push for tolerance and diversity has benefited all of us. Hell, I don't even blame women, it's not their fault they do what nature compels them to do (whore for attention and eliminate all female competition, fictional as well).

I blame the betacuck enablers that shill for their inclusion into the community just so they can have a chance of finally fucking something.

I think you might be mixing up Nixon and Quayle, unless I'm thinking of a completely different event than you are.

But in any case, they didn't invent the idea of giving fictional characters credibility, they only acknowledged that it had happened. It wasn't an idea a single person just up and came up with.

But that's wrong you fucking retard. archive.is/N3eOz
Most democratic supporters are millenials, post-grad women, niggers, chinks, and spics.

They're statistically split asside from post-grads.

I agree, feminism is cancer.

Not women, but rather bitches who are literally incapable of doing or saying anything more interesting than have a vagina.
There's a difference between talking about a thing while being female vs. talking about how you being female is so important that it makes your opinion on a thing matter.
See TOGTFO.webm for more on this matter.

I know that feel, bro.

It's a good feel.

feminists dont want a female character

they want to turn male characters into females as a sign of victory and "we own this industry" bullshit.

Theoretically, how hard would it be to set up business from home?

Ranch?

Easy as fuck, but if you can't figure out any of the many things that you can do to make money on the internet, then you don't have the right mind to manage it.

Oh shut up contrarian faggot. Just look at at how brainwashed nearly half of uk young population is to graciously suck EUs dick for nothing. It's like your calling people who see this shit and react to it as "knee jerk reaction". Without even looking into hiw fucking conceited devs and producers have become. Also ignoring how Japanese devs have been coming out recently and telling interviewers that the games jap devs make are felt to be unwelcome.
Go back to cuckchan you apologist beta user.

Yeah, they do that, it is practically all they've been doing since the ease of self-published non-profit reviews made them as obsolete as magazines.
But it isn't just that they subsist on clickbait because if that was all they had going for them nobody would ever even give the jackasses the time of day.
No.
Publishers use them as something like "freelance marketers", marketers employed by many companies.
Publishers give the journos early copies of videogames to review, something they wouldn't give any armchair journalist who has to wait like an average consumer and pay out of their own pocket for a copy.
They get to be the first one on the block to even be able to make an informed opinion based on first hand experience.
A quite obviously and often biased opinion but even if they hardly play the game they still have access to information others don't and that access intrinsically makes their opinions more valued over entirely speculative opinions.

I want to buy LoZ:BotW and most likely an NX despite not knowing what the console even looks like or it's cost, I simply know it needs to have a competitive price compared to its competitors.
Why?
Because software sells hardware.
Because I watched a bunch of gameplay footage.
It looks fun to play.
It looks like something I personally would enjoy playing.
It looks like it has harsh penalties like:
It looks like it could reward ingenuity.
Has little touches that I love

I wouldn't care so much if it had a Linkle option.
It looks like such a drastic departure from standard Zelda formula that I can't in good conscience call it a Zelda game.
It does however look like the only game coming out next year that I give any shits about.
So far the biggest negative is the disgusting amount of pop-in you experience when gliding.

Comparing it to something similar like Horizon Zero Dawn also coming out next year I'm absolutely sure I'd have more fun with Breath of the Wild.
Saying Breath of the Wild looks fun doesn't get as many clicks as "It is [current year], why can't Nintendo realize this?".

Video Game Journalists can't just talk about video games, because majority of video game discussion, actual discussion happens here, Reddit, Youtube, Twitch etc.

Companies are less about going through the "proper" channels now to get a game out there. Why bother when you can just get PewDiePie to make a video that's a solid endorsement and will cost you a hell of a lot less than buttering up publishers. Doesn't matter if PDP hates it or not, the meme status of the game will generate sales.

The majority of gaming sites only cover the big upcoming games or ones that have already achieved a cult status. Games don't come out as often as movies, books and so writers are left with fuck all to talk about.

Sure they could go out and play a random game they saw in a Steam sale or do a bit of investigative journalism but complaining about how your gender isn't represented in Armoured Core is much easier.

Why is Eurogamer so retarded?

Androgynous doesn't mean that Link doesn't have balls that produce testosterone. There is nothing to "put to question". I could dress like a girl and still be a man.

To my knowledge androgynous only refers to outward appearances.

Unless Eurogamer claims that Link had a sex change operation?

Oh and anyone who's looking for a JRPG were they play as a woman:

Check out "Tales of Berseria".

Although I'm sure folks will find something else to bitch about. Goddamned drama queens.

I can see at least 50-60% of her skin. Cover that shit up, heathen.

Give me my money kotaku.

Just wanted to check this and the actual score is 7.2. (an average from 5 different reviewers, the lowest being 6.6, highest 7.7.

Gaming websites in comparison, are in the 8.5+ territory, (with IGN being a exception 10/10) and a GameRankings average of of 88%.

Later on Nintendo Power would end up rating R/B as the third best GB game of all time.

So is this another one of those "the power of friendship" games or is it full on edgy?

This.

It's frightening how much misinformation there is in engineering journalism. It's not wishy washy like art or music or television, these are articles about how a block chain works, or the challenges in designing functional circuits. There should be as little opinion in it as possible.

Has anyone here actually known or heard of anybody using a fictional character as a role model?

Because it's probably gonna be nobody right?

Yes, but it's almost always Tumblr autists and you can never tell how genuinely they feel about anything.

Well the Tales series does suck, so yeah.

Besides, theres an entire JRPG series with female leads by the name of way of Atelier.

And Neptunias, of course.

Both are even filled to the brim with yuri bait so theyre extra diverse too.

It's better than the garbage you just posted.

Clearly someone has a belt fetish.

I pretended to be Kamina from TTGL for a while when I was a retard

Than tell me because I have to do something. If there's money to be made on the web I want to know at least one method. If I have to I set up a strict schedule, put my money in another account and save. I just want to work from home.

That, and I don't trust articles over the internet. They will lie faster than a cat's can scratch its ass.

It was a funny but it probably had something to do with the evil shit Ganon did to the other tribes.

Tales games are as edgy as Zelda.

In fact Nintendo consoles used to have the Tales series and they did pretty good sales wise. If you like Zelda chances are you'll like the Tales series.

Oh and it usually has loli AND shota characters so everyone gets their fun.

SJWs.

They live around the most shitty people imaginable, other SJWs, and that's all they really know, so the only role models they have are fictional.

theres almost nothing in video games that doesnt make sense. since they are works of fiction. i dont care either way, but thats a pretty flimsy argument.

When someone makes anything the knee-jerk reaction is sometimes appropriate, but you should always do some introspection to realize whether your knee-jerk reaction is correct or not, because otherwise you're just pissing off whoever made the thing for no reason except that you don't think before you start talking shit.

Not even the first time in series, as with Xillia they had both Jude and Milla as dual protagonists, and depending on who you picked you got to see scenes exclusive to that character where the other wasn't there to witness it.

Wouldn't exactly call it edgy, but Xillia 2 did have a lot of death going on with it, both in the background (given what happens when a fractured dimension is destroyed), as well as personal ones. Also making the characters suffer as part of the trials, since in most cases they either get shown a (personally) more happy existence/relationship than what happened in their own reality, or have to kill someone they were close to that's already been dead. But that's the whole nature of the game, seeing what humanity is willing to do, willing to sacrifice, whether they're selfish or selfless, to prove the worth of their continued existence.

I'd still argue at least a tolerance for JRPGs and anime would be the bigger factor, though there's most likely some decent overlap of Zelda and Tales customers.

The OP misses the first part of the quote, which makes the reason that they gave circular logic, but it doesn't really matter since it's not the real reason. The reason for not making a female Link or playable Zelda is that they don't want to change a long running and established series that is part of Nintendo's image to arbitrarily pander to movement that they do not care about.

Wanting to simply make your own decisions about your own IP would have caused a shit-storm among SJWs, however.

I for one don't think it's that unreasonable to have a Zelda game where Zelda is the main playable character. Just have it more centered around puzzle solving and magic rather than the more action oriented formula.

And as for "what is Link going to do?" I don't know, be trapped in crystal or something? I'm sure if Nintendo actually tried, they could think of something if they actually tried.

With the amount that Nintendo has been shitting on their IPs without prompting from others (see, triforce heroes, Federation Farce, Star Fox Zero), why not just try this one?

So tales is a cutscene heavy mess that at best is more reminiscent of modern zelda games.

All I'm saying is that Legend of Zelda has easy mainstream appeal. Tales has generally been a good bit more niche (even compared to other big name JRPGs), though it has certainly been getting more popular out here over the years. Namco actually bothering to market them these days helps with that. Not sure why they didn't catch on immediately after Nintendo did the marketing for Symphonia for them, but they seemed content to just try to let it slide with word of mouth and very little else for a number of entries afterward.

It could be something like… what would happen if a crisis occurred in Hyrule while Link was off in Termina in Majora's Mask? Zelda would have to find a way to solve the problem without Link.

Not saying it would have to take place at the same time as another preexisting Zelda game, Majora's Mask was just an example.

Why not recommend Neptunia?
Cast is literally all females, aside from the one male character, which happens to be a floating fish.

Nintoddlers are fucking stupid and this is coming from someone that is actually excited for the new Zelda.

Why is Travis Touchdown an SJW now?

These sjw hipster cucks have a job they hate that most gamers dream of having …
Where's the justice

At least you strive to do the impossible see the invisible

Why cant they just have cho do all wonder woman books until heat death of the universe.

He is making up for his past sins…
Ie white privilege not murder

Though have you notice sjws are all horrible people before they became sjws
Like they felt bad about their past so they became an sjw in hopes of doing some good or something noble but Its really just a way to feel like you're doing some good. In reality they still are all shit people but they think they're doing something good instead of trolling forums ect

I sometimes wonder how you guys can still get worked up about this shit.
Just like the religious crazies in the 90s and the games are violent guys in 00s went away this shit will go away too if you give it time.

Making yourself angry by discussing this over and over is absolutely pointless. You could spend this time playing old video games or talking about the actually good games that have been released.

You're gonna end up giving yourself an ulcer by going on like this.

It may be pointless, but the narratives we craft along the way give it beauty, something which is always worthwhile.
Pic slightly related, just pretend they're hating SJWs instead of playing Candyland

Whoops, it's actually two pictures.
But that's beside the point.

Journalism is the enemy of whatever it parasites it's self upon.

Not exactly people good at being part of presentation, showing and saying why something is great, not bullshiting in that but really really into what they are going on about.

Journalism is for money, and to defer attention to them. Not to be awesome but to be treated as it they are.

Seanbaby, Dratsab etc are not that shit they sre in fact awesome.

Why not "sexist"? When was this comic made?

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT

Dec 2013. A couple of years past the RE5 "shooting Africans" controversy, but still well within the "games are racist" narrative push.

Well, without the ability to receive negativity and learn from it, you end up with faggots like the Yandere Simulator Dev who would rather retreat into his plebbit hugbox and butcher his product to satisfy some sycophantic faggots. He wasn't capable of sorting out shitposting from constructive criticism and now it's overwhelmingly clear that he's an irredeemable faggot and always will be.

It's like that saying, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

He could have just let the shit roll off his back and let a few people think he was a faggot, but he decided to flip his shit and now everyone KNOWS he's a faggot all because he can't handle the bantz.

We see this effect constantly; some people perceive some sliver of faggotry in someone and they decide to voice their knee-jerk reaction… and because the person on the receiving end actually is a faggot, they flip their shit and show their true colors, becoming every bit as bad and worse than what the original knee-jerk reaction assumed.

when I was young yes

I saw a number of characters like Jason as a cool guy I wanted to be like Tommy a shit

No a days I see them as characters to surpass

I wouldn't call it a role model but when i was really really really young i used to read comics like Hellblazer and Transmet and it actually caused me to start smoking.

I'm not proud of admitting it.

At least you'll look cool.

It's hard to look cool when you just have a zippo lighter that says Fuck Communism. Good conversation starter when you rarely get to use it, though.

This thread is a real waste of KnK reaction pics.

You sure?

Miles was alternate universe

bump