So what do you think about the PS4 controller?

So what do you think about the PS4 controller?

Its the most divergent from the original PS1 controller of the early 1990's and used by pc users nowadays too, so what do you think about it?

I think the touch pad is overly sensitive and sticks when it clicks to the right and seems like wasted space. The share button is neat but not exactly needed and the new hard trigger and grooved thumbsticks take some getting used to but end up feeling a little more solid than the spongy ones it replaces.

But i'll be damned if thats not a pretty good feeling D-pad compared to the earlier "one giant plastic button seperated by plastic" feeling. Though it is a little too sensitive.
Still has a gyroscope nobody uses like the ps3 which makes it heavier than the earlier ones but on the whole its grown on me like no controller since the gamecubes.

What do you think about it now its been the current one for a couple of years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6hgKkWBydI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rectally Insertable?

Sub par

The Sixaxis was way better.

Playstation controllers are all terrible for anyone over the age of 12 or the height of 5'5".

Didn't the thumbstick issue turn out to be fat peoples thumbs muffin topping on the new groove?

So it was made for Pat then?

Fatty

u da boi

It's comfy

The controller can only last 4 hours due to the flashlight on the back, the ps3 controller lasted for weeks or months. For this reason alone I'd say it's on the same level as the n64 controller or wiimote, truly the worst controller of this gen.

This is the correct answer

They went from having the best controller with a seemingly endless battery life, to one that drains in a single play session. Why the fuck didn't they put in an option to turn off the retarded fucking LED light I'll never know.

Come on user, don't turn this thread into a den of lies.

We all know the controller blunder of the century.

It's good. The touch pad is not precise/comfortable to use so its just an extra. Sticks are bad, not comfortable as it always feels as if thumb gonna slide off them, they also seem to wear out fast, but mine are still fine though I don't use them very much, clicking is good though. Everything else is awesome, D-Pad is glossy and well made, zero complaints about shoulder or other buttons, overall shape is good and fits perfectly.
I use it for platformers, fightans and twinstick shooters on PC, wired without led, so battery is not an issue.

I can't deal with the left thumbstick being where the d pad should be

If you're a normal person without permanent Cheeto dust on your hands then the rubber doesn't come off, but it does lose its texture after a couple hundred hours of use. You definitely notice that the sticks don't feel so grippy. The black controller is the one my PS4 came with and the grey controller is the one I use now.

Im not a manlet, im 5'5

just because the ms controller is shit doesn't mean the gayass4 controller is any less shitty

You arent the rare xbone defence force user are you?

and argentina es blanco.

It's great.
It's not perfect but it's way better than the PS3 controller.

Frankly this generation of controllers are all good, the PS4 controller is good, the WiiU Pro controller is good, the Xbone controller is good (but don't buy it, stick it to the wired 360 controller, there's little reason to get that atm, if you need to use the d-pad plug in your ps4 controller).

People complaining about these controllers forgot how DOGSHIT the previous generation of controllers was.
Hopefully with the ps4 neo announced next year they'll also announce a PS4 controller revision to make it better.

By the way, regarding the rubber on the sticks, there's already a revision out there.
For example if you purchased a C chassis, it already comes with a controller that has fixed rubber on the sticks, it doesn't come off anymore, but i'm not sure how one would go about getting these fixed controllers separately, they probably have a specific name you need to look out for.

Also holy fuck how can you complain about cheeto dust and then treat your controllers like that.
Look how fucking dirty that shit is.
Grab some alchohol and paper and rub that shit off you caveman.

To be fair, didnt they just announce selling like a million of those? you really think that there will be 0 issues with any product?

Here look, the same thing with the ps4, must be a total piece of shit despite it seemingly only having a 1% failure rate.

I think itll be interesting to see where failure rates for both consoles are 3 years down the line, considering the 360 was at 23.7, ps3 was at 10 and the wii at only 2.7 in 2009.

forgot the yt link.

youtube.com/watch?v=e6hgKkWBydI

Imagine taking a pin and dragging it down the seam of the controller and looking at all the waxy hand jam coming out.

Hardware failures happen. Hardware failure that actively fucks up the games themselves with ghost inputs is inexcusable. You wouldnt just have to be a shill to defend that you would have to be a paid shill. It is beyond the fucking pale.

Aren't handhelds for kids? I've never seen a single person outside of my friend's kids that use things like the DS.

Being the odd one out in the thread here. Love this controller.
Always had problems with controllers for pc gaming and was sick of the 360 controllers and their constant stick drift problem (also the fact they fall to pieces in just months)
Been using dualshock 4 before the PS4 hit shelves and I've loved mine ever since.

Only problems I have with it the the touch pad. I have considered using it as a mouse when im in bed and just watching vids before i go to sleep, but i think it's too janky. Also, the share button is the stupidest thing when im trying to use it on the PS4 itself since it's hardwired into my brain that's the place where a select button is [sp]but the PS4 has no games so its not like that's an issue[/sp]

Had mine for a while and only chips of the rubber under the actual thumbstick have started falling off, but I know that's also a common issue.

tl;dr It's a better pc controller than xbone and third party controllers on the market right now if you can afford it.

the fuck are you talking about?

how is the kind of hardware failure somehow worse than the others? Its a mass produced electronic device, SOME percentage of them will have issues.

He didnt even say that the controller was good, he actually called it shit in his post. Are you fucking retarded?

Two controllers. One standing still on a table not moving makes inputs appear in game as though the sticks are being moved and the other does not

Are you actually retarded?

I want to fuck that D Pad

Sorry, can you actually clarify your stance on who and who isnt a shill, I mean, if someone who says that both controllers are terrible is a shill, wouldnt a huge percentage of Holla Forums be shills?

how is this any worse or better than a console not working? you just brought up one of the faults when replying to as if he was excusing it, and then called him a shill AFTER he called the controller you were complaining about shit.

get your fucking head screwed on.

If you're a monster hunter fan you have no choice.

It's pretty good. I've had every Playstation Controller since the old original ones without thumbsticks (and still have traumatic memories of playing Time Crisis and Die Hard Trilogy with one of those).
It works really well for all my PC games that do well with controllers, feels good and at home in my hands (possibly because I'm used to the Playstation style controller layout.
My only slight annoyance is that the touchpad which I never use has pushed the designated pause and options buttons into some slightly awkward spots for me.

thanks for only responding to half of my post.

source?

literally not what im even talking about in this exchange.

You even said here "hardware failures happen". The stick drift is a hardware failure, what do you want? zero reported faults because its expensive?

The touch pad was really unnecessary.
It's not a problem when the right and left side do something, that's fine, but when you're playing binding of isaac on ps4 and you even just SLIGHTLY CARESS that fucking thing with one of your thumbs, the map will pop out.

And it will happen a lot because you use both sticks to move and shoot.

the menu buttons while may be awkward to get used to but are actually easier to reach by a very very small amount and aren't rubber.
the headset jack doesn't work too well when it comes to drivers on any operating system.
but the controller is so much bigger, it can fit in my ass better, the d-pad is way larger, very nice bonus, a lot more convenient and the triggers are REALLY good, not as good as wii classic controller but not as impairing as the gamecube triggers are.

it's shit, get a keyboard.

I'm saying there are degrees and anyone who thinks actually fucking up ingame with false inputs is far worse than thumbstick wear. You seem to be under some idea that they both have some "turns off and simply never works fault" which neither do. The PS4 has a fault with early versions thumbsticks being made of cheaper materials that wear through friction, but this doesnt mean a character will start running forwards without you touching it or something and comparing the two one sucks the other is way fucking worse because it actively makes games unplayable.

There is no logical reason beyond brand loyalty indoctrination someone would pull the "b-b-but the other team has faults too!" us vs them deflection bullshit unless they have some form of personal emotional/monetary investment on this $150 piece of trash.

What's really annoying is if you play something like BF4 and accidently hit the touchpad nothing happens for like 5 or so seconds, and then all of a sudden you are taken out of the game in the middle of a firefight so that Battlelog can attempt to open, which it never does, and you have to sit there and wait for it to say that it could not connect to Battlelog before you can exit out and go back tot eh game, which by the way you are now dead in.

The only thing I've ever used the touchpad for is switching radio stations in GTA 5 while I'm driving around. I wish it didn't even exist. In BF1 I guess it's going to be used to bring up the big map since they're getting rid of Battlelog, but I don't even care about the big map anyways to be honest.

I'm a normal person and barely used my PS4 and the thumbstick wore off within a year. It's a bad design.

Your's look gross to complain about cheeto fingers. Do you guys have oily hands or something? Mine would never look like that even if I didn't clean it.

DS4 in relation to the PS4 itself, is shit. The touchpad is so sensitive that my big old thumbs sometimes touch it while using the sticks or pressing square. Which in most games is the pause button. The share button is stupid and useless.
But when you use it for PC games. It's a beautiful controller that doesn't give me handcramps. I just wish I had gotten one of the later controllers. Because I've got one of the earlier print runs and sure enough, it's got that problem with the analog stick rubber rotting off.

I can understand in games where you need to use both sticks like in BOI, but in normal games?
When pressing SQUARE?
That's impossible.

No, in those games you have to PRESS the touchpad.
So basically while normally using the left stick, and when pressing square, your big ass thumb is not only touching, but PUSHING into the fucking touch pad.
So that means you have elephant man hands with thumbs the size of a fully engorged dickhead.
Post pics of you hands, they must be a freakshow.

Its battery has the life span of a gnat and the touch pad serves no purpose.

How fat are you that you accidentally hit the touch pad while playing?

It's good for PC.
Touch pad is unintentionally useful for launching things on a PC from afar.
The battery is shit though. Replace battery.

DS4windows makes DS4 controller use xinput so all the shit that is per-configured for a 360 controller works with DS4 without needing to configure anything. Very useful.

thats some good fucking software

Just make sure to check "hide DS4 controller" on games that recognize both or you'll have double inputs.

Pretty much this. I don't have a PS4 but got a DS4 just for it's functionalities on PC.
DS4windows can also be used to configure alternative inputs and macros.
All we need now is for someone to make it possible to use the earphone slot on the controller work on PC.

I prefer the DS3.

The DS4 has terrible battery life, that pointless light that you can't turn off, and I don't really like the concave analog sticks.

Fucking casuals.

Obviously I think it's shitty because every PC game ever fucking made only supports 360 controllers and Sony is left out in the cold, but after a few programs, it's fine. It's not amazing but it's passable.

Mine lasts about a day, it may not be much that's enought for me, it also recharges pretty quickly.

You can with DS4windows, you can also set a macro (I use L3+R3) to make it light up, and you can configure it's color to reflect the battery life. So I can check the battery anytime by pressing both sticks and seeing if the light is greener or redder.

Nigga if you install DS4 it's automatically compatible with anything that uses 360 controllers, and you can freely customise the controls too. The only problem is the games showing Xbox's retarded backwards Nintendo button layout it's RB RT bullshit.

Loved the DS3 and used it on my PC till it broke and got a 360 controller.

Friend brought his PS4 over and I found the controller weird I have used a DS3 recently and found that fine also. Not sure what it is but I really dislike the DS4.

Dualshock 4
Pros:
Cons:

Dualshock 3
Pros:
Cons:

Xbone Controller
Pros:
Cons:

Xbox 360 Controller
Pros:
Cons:

Wii U Pro Controller
Pros:
Cons:

Steam Meme Controller
Pros:
Cons:

Forgot to add to Cons on Dualshock 3:

Maybe in older games, but I can plug it into my PC while playing AC Syndicate and it detects it and works immediately with no setup. don't worry I didnt pay for syndicate

Oh I forgot to mention some devs bless the Dualshock 4 with native support, though the results can be mixed sometimes.

Probably the most comfortable controller right now. Decided to play on my ps3 and was surprised how bad dualshock 3 felt in my hands. I think it's because 4 is no longer made for jap hands and children and is actually about the same size as the xbone one.
Touchpad is utterly fucking useless, I haven't seen a single game that used it well. Most just use it as a fucking button. I tried DS4Windows and it was interesting, but Scp is all around better program to use on pc.
The light is fucking retarded and drains battery life. You can dim it, but it doesn't help much. If you play games in the dark it will reflect on your tv or light half of the fucking room.
Share button is a stupid feature. Thankfully, most pc games use it as "select"? but playing on a PS4 and accidentally pressing it annoys me to no fucking end.
Sticks and buttons are nothing special, much better than DS3. Triggers and bumpers are finally okay.
I like it a lot but it has a lot of flaws.

scph-1001 is still better
Waiting for the bluetooth xbone controller I ordered to be delivered to make a judgement on which is a better wireless pc controller.

I'm already taking a point off of it because they wouldn't let me put my name on it.

the touchpad thing and the fucking share button are really fucking stupid.

DS3 was the absolute perfect controller, they just had to shit it up.

when you reach the peak all you can do is fall down…

Personally this version of the PS1 controller is the best. Digital buttons, larger controller and inverted analog sticks.

niiiiice.

I agree, it was a pretty solid controller too. PS3 one is a close second behind it though.

HOLY SHIT I'VE NEVER HAD QUADS AND TRIPS LIKE THIS

better than a ps3 but garbage compared to a xbone controller

I thought those analogs were a dream I had, FUCK!

I need to find this now.

It's very good. D-Pad is great, I haven't had problems with the analog sticks that some were reporting earlier on, and I've played the system for over a hundred hours now. The buttons feel almost snappy, and the triggers are so much better than the PS4 ones. Good size, and I think the share button could have just been implemented into the PS button or something. Still, it's very good overall. I prefer my Wii U Pro pad over it, however.