7 days to die thread: Holla Forums server start edition

What is 7 days to die?

7 days to die is a game developed by the fun pimps a 5 person team. Its a voxel survival horror vidya game with zombies and RPG elements. Think like DayZ had a baby with Rust and has skills like wurm 1-100 specific areas (pretty easy to level up these just by playing the game). There are zombinis and bears, ALPHA 15 SOON (hopefully, that means I have to wipe too if we want the new things added) banditos, npcs, and currency. You might've seen those webms mocking this game with the previous bugs where you could potentially no clip through the ground and make it back to the surface.

Current version: 14.7 Alpha (you can downgrade to older versions)

No, while reading through some posts I saw how one user was interested in the game, but wanted to play on a Holla Forums server. Having played the game since alpha 7. I propose to teach some anons how to play and since I already was hosting a private server for people in the old Holla Forums mumble I decide why the hell not?

Unfortunately this server will be client side, because I play other games, however, I will host the server long if it means at least one person wants to play? How to contact me, go to the old Holla Forums mumble at: 8ch.servers.moe and ask Tummble to put up the 7 days server. One last thing to settle on and it is the server options.

No matter what these settings will not be changed.
Day length 18 hours
Persistent profiles OFF
Zombie Run Default
Difficulty Nomad
Loot abundance and Block durability will be default
Drop on quit and Drop everything on death (it'll be in a persistent backpack that doesn't disappear. you can pick it back up don't worry)
Claim zone

What we have to vote on:
24 hour cycle, i refuse to make it lower than 50 minutes as the feral nights will come tooo fast
strawpoll.me/10703135
Loot respawn time
strawpoll.me/10703151
Enemy spawning
strawpoll.me/10703156
Air drops
strawpoll.me/10703171

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/7-days-to-die-free-download-64.html
steamcommunity.com/id/rehashedsouls
steamid.co/
steamcommunity.com/id/RehashedSouls
mpc-g.com/7-days-to-die/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How to play 7 days til feral Zimbabweans.

You start off with nothing so just punch grass, trees, and pick up rocks. Follow the quests.

If you start in a town that looks burned leave asap those can give you heat strokes. Very risky to stay in. If snow is everywhere makes clothes asap so you don't freeze to death.

Combat made EZ

Wellness is important its how much stamina and health you have, you start at 100 and lose about 10 each time to die. Some foods increase your wellness and so do vitamins but conserve vitamins and antibiotics to cure illnesses like heat stroke and dysentery. If you maintain your health you'll gain wellness.

The combat is pretty wonky. Keep bandages on you 24/7 and healing bandages conserve especially high healing items. When using melee think of like Starcraft kiting when you push and evade sort of. You start the attack as you're approaching the zombies and pull back when you land the hit, you can still land the hit at a range but be careful they can too. If stunned you should just run because they can do damage.

as for crossbows and the bow they're quite specific. See attached for reticles of those two weapons (implying you are not crouching and want to hip fire as you're running). When crouching the eye usually is where it goes. Guns usually shoot where the reticle is and when you aim its the iron sight.

woops made a mistake on the OP, you DO NOT DROP on quit. That would be bullshit, that wont be changed, dropping on quit is retarded.

So… people kill on sigh or is there any courtesy in here? just wondering if I can make a nice hotel without worrying about other raiding my place.

You want to vote on pvp too?

friendly fire is off by default, but pvp is always enabled if you are not friends in game with the person.

I don't mind PvP, just wondering if it is a warzone like in DayZ

right now what is winning is,

24 hour cycle lasts
loot respawn is
Zombie spawing
Air drops

Map will be generated, Generated maps are much larger than the one available. won't be a warzone really unless your building is really noticeable. As long as you maintain it and get the tools to make concrete you should be fine.

since someone wanted screenshots here is one of the maps i had with the people on the mumble.

also 2nd screenshot shows game has gravity, zimbabweans broke the bottom of our wall and one whole side collapsed.

fuck you user now whenever I ctrl+f to get to the actual wurm thread in the catalog it gets stuck on this thread first instead

Well, I want to make a motel.

Maybe I have to design a way so I can't be face to face with my clients. Claimed blocks work, right?

I tried this some time ago when it was very early in development, it was probably the shakiest early access game I've ever tried. Hope it's improved hugely, because they went into early access with a wretched showcase build that had 2 days of assets and a day of programming.

The combat in the game was awful, absolutely horrendous.

Combat is still pretty wonky, but when you learn the ropes it aint so bad.

Yeah claim blocks can be made and they're on. 30 block build distance. Maybe if you make something like tenpenny tower or the motel in new vegas with some wall. You should be fine.

or even make more claiming rocks.

I've been looking at this game and wondered if it's a good survival game.
Is it laggy? What's the game engine? It looks very Unity-like.

If your combat sucks your game is fucked.

it is unity apparently, alpha 15 will make it look a lot more appealing right now it looks ugly and i'll admit to that. I honestly like it's pretty fun with its survival aspect reminds me of a voxel dead rising. 5 person dev team this is their like side job, it runs pretty smooth my computer and i only drop frames on feral nights because hoard numbers get huge.

I can see that. Idk i got used to it, it was only a matter if the Zimbabweans reach you or not. The only reason I heard people hated combat is because zombies did like x100 damage against you. Like zombies do tons of damage. But with the rpg system you can specialize in attack types such as melee weapons or guns. Zombies now react to where you hit them, you can now stun them too and get bonus damage. If you're lucky you can clean off a leg or whack their heads and kill them instantly.

the wall is for the zombies, of course make more claim blocks.

do zombies dig down? I saw in some videos a good way to start defending yourself is a bunker with a top grid instead of a ceiling, so you just have to shoot up.

zombies dig weirdly. That is a pretty great defense. I'd say level the dirt because zombies will look for a pit or a hole to start digging towards your location. They can dig down and if you're in there aggro range they'll find a way. Now they might not be able to dig directly down on what they're on top of, but they may try to make something compensate such as to dig a dirt block that is missing and try to gradually make their way towards you. but overall that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Yea, I was thinking next to a road where the land is leverage. Also make the bunker walls of armed concrete so it would take a while. I think I would be fine if I don't have the bad luck of having an horde follow a tunnel or some shit like that.

I was also thinking about making zombie killing pits and make them freefall, but I guess that would really take me more time than anything else involving in building a base.

if you starting mining and digging, level up construction to get the steel smithing skill. Digging should be fairly easy, with a steel shovel.

Christ it's like someone took minecraft, only added marching cubes to generated terrain, added dynamic lighting, and textures worse than wurm.

Is this game even fun at all?

It is. The only true zombie game that actually feels about survival. Also you don't have to eat every 5 seconds.

Wanted to play the game until I saw huge bees in it, fucking noped this shit.

oh you mean the BEES? :^) whats wrong? they make noise and zombies follow noise so what you're telling me that you dont want to fend off hordes and bees.

When zombies go full chimp-out, they might dig down. Your best bet is to build underneath a lake or any large water body and to have a tunnel between the entrance and the inhabited area/main room/whatever.

The bulding is a lot better than in minecraft, you have blocks affected by physics and more complex materials+outerlayer materials that can alter the functionality of what you're building.
The dogs are fun to fight and so are the zombies since they are actually dangerous if you're not careful.
It's a good game, probably the best survival game out there. There is shit to fix and improve, but all in all, it is definitely worth downloading
igg-games.com/7-days-to-die-free-download-64.html
No idea if you can play online with the cracked version (I believe you can, at least with a cracked server), but if you feel like trying it out, that's a good site to download it.

they updated the game to where zombies can swim and move in bodies of water. You can play cracked online but only cracked servers, which I unfortunately do not know how to do. I've tried plenty of times to learn how to but never found any sort of config or server option for a cracked one.

Zombie dog hordes exist too. So one day you'd think you're going on a stroll until dogs come out and slaughter you. Anyways leveling crafting is pretty important. if you level up weapon crafting and get to around 200-300 level items you can 1 tap dogs with bows.

Yes, dogs are a fucking pain in the ass and I know zombies swim now, but building underground with a lake on top still keeps the zombies away fairly well for some odd reason. It takes a lot of planing though, if you don't have good walls all around and enough columns your roof will give in and fuck your shit up.
I like it because even if you're really advance, you can still get fucked from time to time, progress doesn't neglect danger entirely like in most survival games.

Yeah i really like 7 day hordes. Even though they're a pain. The loot really makes up for the suffering that occurs.

well it seems 60 minutes and 120 minutes are tied right now.

Just think about cleaning the aftermatch. Zombies turn into flesh blocks after a while, making it easier for zombies to climb.

Luckily they removed zombie blocks. Fuck those things, zombie just become like the rotting corpses. Now zombies can climb like world war z tier shit though. so its smart to build your walls to about 5 or 6 blocks.

Oh… I kinda liked the flesh blocks.

Well, it doesn't matter now.

like after day 14 the next feral nights are god awful. too much blocks.

But didn't the blocks decay? disappearing after a day int he sun.

I dont recall correctly normally back then we just removed them because it was too risky to keep up to be quite honest. plus with screamers i believe it would be a hassle

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO BUILD A WALL

Walls do nothing. Build pits.

IP: 70.173.16.176
Port: 7777
Password: benis

24 hour length 60 minutes
drops 3 days
spawn rate 100%
Loot respawn 5 days.

Ayy, I made the not-7DtD thread that spawned this. I was actually thinking about setting up a server, but I thought the buggy bikes would trigger people. With that in mind, if we go ahead with this, build minibikes at your own risk. They only bug for some people, but when they do, they're liable to disappear at random when you dismount. This is the only serious bug I've found in current version.

I think they removed regular zombie's digging because they swiss cheesed the dirt map (dunno why this was such an issue, probably minecraft autist tears). Now apparently only dogs/cops dig, and building a bunker so deep it's beyond detection range actually renders you invulnerable.

If we get a server running, I vote to gang up and bully any faggot who cheeses their way out of base defense like that. It's a survival game, if you want peaceful autismblox simulator, go play Minecraft.

You still need to clear the corpses, unless you want even more corpes. They produce 5% heat every 5mins, so 20 corpses rotting in the sun is enough to get screamers coming.

1/2

2/2

The game's been getting constant updates for over two years, user, I'm pretty sure it's been improved. I find combat pretty solid.

STEALTH
Hit ctrl to crouch and sneak around. This can be used to evade zombies or to land a double damage sneak attack. It's more trouble than it's worth to try to land stealthed melee, so you'll primarily be using this for your opening bow/crossbow shot. A stealthed bowshot will oneshot lighter zombies with a bow of decent quality; with a good crossbow, all but the biggest guys (infected cops/feral zombies) go down.

MELEE
Ammo is conserved but you place yourself in danger of being hit by a zombie, which can:

BLEED - Health ticks down til death unless you apply bandage. Bandages are stupidly easy to craft, you just want to be sure to get out of range and apply them ASAP.

STUN - Vision blur and slowed movement for several seconds. This is probably the worst to suffer, since you'll probably be hit at least once more by the zombie who inflicted it and it lets any other zombies close in on you.

INFECT - Being hit by a zombie carries risk of getting zombAIDS. This is easily cured by consuming honey, tea (stage one; treat within 2-3 IRL hours) or antibiotics (stage 1-3), all of which you should come across soon enough while looting. Easy enough to deal with, but it's another risk to melee.

Melee is ideally reserved for individual or loosely-grouped zombies in daytime, and performed by darting in, landing a headshot and darting out before the retaliatory swipe hits. Enough head trauma, whether from melee or ranged, knocks a zombie down for a few seconds, which is a good opportunity to wail on its head with melee.

RANGED
The safest method that becomes more viable as you progress. Starting with a bow, then crossbow or lighter firearms as you find them, you can drop zombies from a safe distance at the expense of ammo.

BOWS/CROSSBOWS - Easy to produce and easy to resupply. Feathers from birds nests/wild chickens are the only "difficult" resource in arrow/bolt-crafting, but 10 minutes of nest-hunting should get you the feathers for at least 50 rounds. Both weapons are silent and stealth-friendly, unlike firearms. Even in endgame, you'll want a crossbow on you to conserve ammunition.

GUNS - Pistols, shotguns, sawn-offs, hunting rifles, SMGs, AKs and rocket launchers. Guns are assembled with four core components (stock, receiver, barrel and parts) that cannot be crafted, only looted. Pistols can be found rarely in most containers, low-end guns in gun safes/gun stores, high-end guns in gun stores, treasure chests and airdrops.

Guns have two forms of upkeep, durability and ammo. They can only be repaired with repair kits, which use a variety of mildly uncommon looted materials to craft. Any prolific looter can produce more than enough.

Ammo can be looted, but not nearly in large enough quantity to sustain frequent firearms use. Ammo creation costs lead (bullet tips), gunpowder (nitrate + coal) and brass (shell casings). Lead is salvaged from loot or mined, with some effort. Gunpowder's components are mined quite easily, as surface deposits now spawn fairly frequently. Brass is obtainable only via looting. Lead and brass must be smelted down and then forged into components. The only exception (besides rocket launchers, unfamiliar with those) is default shotgun pellet ammo, which uses lead, paper (lootable en masse) and gunpowder. If you get a good lead mining setup going, the lack of brass in shotgun ammo allows you to produce ammo without depleting valuable brass stores, so long as you have the paper.

Guns are, naturally, the most powerful weapons. They're also the loudest, and each round fired produces 0.3% "heat" (minus the SMG, which produces 0.1%). "Heat" is a metric used to represent the general ruckus you produce, and also goes up with use of tools or forges/campfires. At 100% heat, a type of scout zombie will spawn and come along to investigate, spawning a horde if you don't put it down before it spots you.

EXPLOSIVES: There are also TNT and mines. I'm not very familiar with them since they never seemed efficient enough to use in PvE, but I'm sure they're hilarious in PvP.

pits are upside-down negative space walls

What's the server name

Fuck it, it's almost 3am but I've been wanting to try this game online.

Tell me if you managed to get in because i thought IP alone is sufficient but didnt let me log in

Yeah it doesn't let me connect either.

I went to bed sorry guys, it was up for a while then I went to sleep but as soon as i get a reply. i'll put it back up.

You guys are more than welcome to add me and message me here:

steamcommunity.com/id/rehashedsouls

or maybe we can start a steam group to keep in contact with one another.

well when i went through the server files way back it seems the fun pimps haven't put dedicated in the C: folder. I will go look for one.

oh its in the tools. wewlad alrighty hold up let me launch it.

alright this will take like 8 minutes or something.

That's cool.

alright hmm apparently it is up, it should be the stuff above.

okay well i think i'll make this 24/7 i'll keep my computer on over the night or something.

Works mighty fine. Thanks.

Bumping

Server is still up guys. going on good here currently 4 players active.

Is it still up, just pasted the IP in and couldnt retrieve the data

Nevermind I checked your steam and it says server isn't responding

did you change the port and paste the ip in?
That is strange there are people in it

here it is again

built a house in a cave and ate eggs
good server

the port too?

Oh look it worked

build walls not bridges

nope

you're no obligated to go in the mumble. you can just join

still butthurt mark?

byymnpign

Insects in general.
If it's a zombie apocalypse, it's a zombie apocalypse, not Fallout whereas radiation oversizes every insects.

So, can water pass through grates? To start planning good defenses and stuff. Also, is there anything interesting you can do with water yet?

Lit up the whole island, spoderproofed the ramparts with overhang and built extended sniping perches along it. Good stuff.

Imped the front entrance to max, looking forward to upgrade the rest.

We need iron

Well, guess I'll join up again.

No you can't, water is very wonky and the devs have already talked about fixing it up more

server is going back up i shut it down because feral night 2 soon

Okay bad news, for some reason when I started up the server it overwritten the map we were using even though the server config was not changed whatsoever. I relaunched it and it seems to have erased the entire map. which is rather really upsetting. A little while ago it was working just fine and I was allowed to load it on single player.

Dropped, thread closed.

I think that what ended up happening is when i was editing the serveradmin xml file it might've registered that as fucking with server settings? and so it might've just overwritten our file or something. So i guess i just cant be an admin on my own server wew.

Random gen of new map gave us, The wall map

There's going to be a new map generated since the map generated sort of shat the bed with this one.

server is up.

Jesus

I am upset I lost my progress
(checked)

we all lost our progress. i am very upset too. worst part is i feel like it wouldn't have happened if the fun pimps had put the world in the same folder as the server folder. but it isn't its in appdata folder completely separate from the dedicated server

Fuck y'all niggas, I'm hidin underground

Map generator sure loves to screw us over.

3rd time map is generated hopefully RNG blesses us

Allright, lets see what kind of fuckery the game has cooked us now.

Is this game free or do I have to buy it?

you can scurvy it probably but i'd have to find a way to make it cracked.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NOT THIS TIME RUSKIE

not even ruskie this game server hosting is strange. if it were client side it wouldn't have happened at all. first time hosting dedicated goy

Did you get to see the fort we rennovated the whole night at least

Not at all sadly, i will make sure this never happens again. We'll make base 100x better.

Goddamn these nights.

I broke a roof and it caved in on me and jorgel

So how do I play with you guys? Can I pirate it or do I need to spend my money?

There are cracked servers we can join or I can find a way to crack the server. but right now the server I am hosting is non-cracked implying that you'd have to purchase

If you can, try to crack the server. I want to build walls and play with you faggots.

If you get a cracked server going I'll come join you. No way I'm paying that much for an early access title.

yeah I am probably going to ask people that have cracked servers how they did it.

We have remade the wall and our village shall be a lot bigger than the last server

Sweet, thanks, Im downloading a torrent of it right now.

Make sure 14.7 and try connecting to a server. if you are able to join a random server let me know because i heard some yuh har cracks allow them to play online, but if not I am going to have to find a cracked server and ask their admins or something.

Tell me more negros. How many in a horde

So the way the game functions is that at a time there a specific amount of zombies that can be in the server. Also an AI observes either players so that it'll spawn zombies in a certain way. the max is 60 so i bumped it up to 65. Every 7 days there is a feral night, the moon turns red and hordes run to your position. so imagine like 10 zombies running in at first and overall like about 60 in the first feral night. But as you progress the game becomes more difficult and so do the feral nights. There are screamer zombies that obviously scream and increase the heat map alerting more zombies to your position. So lets say the 2nd feral night day 14 there are screamers and difficult zombies pouring in and just dont stop til the next morning. It gets more and more intense and you have to fortify your base more. Its great and really intense, especially since ammo plays a huge point on your survival ability as well as your base's defense.

Sounds interesting. Any people on the server to fuck with/how easy is it to fuck around with other players?

A lot of the people are joining my settlement, it's easy to fuck with people though even in pve servers. blast dmg occurs from pipe bombs so even tho friendly fire is off the blast dmg kills people. also leaving mines around is pretty hilarious

we
>>>/comfy/
now

It seems to be working so far, but I have not tried to join a server yet.

Yeah its 14.7 I made sure.

server where?

Anyone know how to join a cracked server?

usually you can google the servers and see if they're cracked i guess.

How? Tell me in fact how the serb won't hurt me again.

so the map saves in %appdata% before I shutdown the server or when i restart it i'll copy and back it up

Awright then, one more time.

Cant find any cracked servers online tbh.

hmm maybe their drm or something prevents pirates from playing online. Maybe G2A or humble might sale it for cheap during steam summer it was 10 bucks.

Good news 8 people on server, some absolute mad man made a giant pit and playing music and its comfy

Jorgel is a shitposter, yesterday he killed soab as soon as he joined.

Fenlaw did nothing wrong

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

HERE LIES JORGEL
HE PLAYED HIMSELF

Fuck my sides

until jorgel stops acting like a sperg and fenlaw isn't asshurt i'll make the server public

Fenlaw isn't Lenny, he's a different guy we both knew on Wurm Unlimited

Congrats admin you played yourself, you didn't have to blow up everyone just to quell your roid rage.

No i know they're different people. But lenny did that for no reason I seriously saw him place a mine in the other player's house. I was already upset jorgel was being a retard and killed Fenlaw. But if Lenny was avenging fenlaw then it would've been fine once. But he killed the guy like 3 times and that was borderline not okay. I did not want any drama to begin with as it divides the community. Jorgel is a shitposter. He killed Soab yesterday for no reason and I expressed that to Jorgel.

Okay he verbal shitposts mic spams and acts like a goon. That is what I am trying to imply

Back to minecraft with the likes of you

After you're done being mad and having sperg outs maybe i'll be kind enough to let lenny and soab back in. Drama is for people who have no self control and are autistic. Autistic enough to wait for a guy to come back to murder him again. There is only one way to cure your pathetic life and thats to cure it with a bullet, kurt cobain it fam.

Cool it you commie bastard
maybe you can be a big guy like me someday
for someone like you of course

It honestly escalated unintentionally, but I'm okay with how it turned out.

The scales of the universe are in balance. I am at peace. Serb was short but sweet. 8/10, better fun/hour than Wurm.

Jorgel didn't own the mine, It was Maga you killed the wrong person for no reason then.

Nice essay, save it for the class though.

ALLAH BLESS YOU MY FRIEND

I actually wasn't even that mad I was keking pretty hard actually. Plus I wasn't to fond to the map. I thought you were upset that he killed fenlaw because I was the one who destroyed his bed because thats what he did to fenlaw. I didn't expect you to kill him i thought he might've learned his less if he had to do a 5km run. But then you kept killed him and took his things that was making me pretty disappointed because I didn't want stupid drama and to me you and jorgel seemed to be doing some valid hunting bullshit and it seemed dumb to me that you were killing one another when we were supposed to make something great.

Why are you on your high horse admin

Fucking disgusting, also that was Jorgel you were replying to :^)

Jorgel wasn't letting me or Maga out of the mine, you had to place wooden frames to reach the ladder and he kept taking them.

Please look under character info and share your death total, Jorg.

Jorgel said someone else posted that wewlad wut a homo.

tbh fam I had no admin privileges, so as soon as i can get that going and get another reasonable admin then i'll consider hosting dedicated. As for now I'll be back to hosting private client side servers until I can get the dedicated to (1) get a good seed and (2) get admin privileges and someone rational to admin when I am gone.

Jorgel is a nigger. He killed fenlaw or whatever and I was already vocal that I was upset with him, I would've banned him for an hour on the spot because Fenlaw left and he was trying to play the game and he was generous enough to donate 6k clay. If jorgel did that then I sincerely apologize but it should've been nothing to kill a known nigger over.

jesus christ you faggots can not play together at all in any game

I whacked him once with a stone axe for it. I only returned fire that oneshotted him after he came back and shot me.

I figured you were trying to kill me to stop the faggotry, I just wanted to make a Jihad joke because pipe bombing.

I'd already decided I wasn't going to keep playing after I killed Jorg the first time. He'd just have waited for an opportunity to kill me and destroy/nig all my shit, he's too big a sperg to do otherwise.

Jorgel will never not be a nigger. It's just kind of who he is. When I told him to add you he said "wow he removed me" and "he never told me to add him". I might just exile him next server because it seems like he wants to do pvp and tbh might just divide the server into two villages or multiple villages since it might give Jorgel a way to kill people of the opposite clan. If anything Alpha 15 needs to come soon so he can satisfy his killing others autism or something because they're adding bandits in alpha 15.

It was also dynamite. It was to kind of stop the shitty drama, as for soab Idk I kind was just like "fuck this map, we lost a good one" type of thing. I miss the perfect islands fam.

well okay then

Tomorrow I will see if i can get admin privileges workings on the dedicated servers. Then from that point on all we have to worry about is rolls on seeds.

Yeah, the islands were too good, losing them disheartened me the most. We could make our own island dropping dirt in a river/lake but it'd probably take a couple days.

Soab was a hothead for a while about being honor killed but he's cooled down now. I feel bad for having a hand in shoahing the server right after he got on, he went out to a place with better internet and everything for it.

Can you do a creative mode thing were you can fly above the map and scout for good spots, or is the render distance too shit?

I think as soon as admin privileges working yes I can switch to creative and just look for islands.

Well, I hope this game hasn't gone off the radar for Holla Forums because generally speaking you fags are fun to play with. I'm not sure how long you guys have been playing this game on Holla Forums but if it's anything like the sven crowd it should be fun without too much drama. (not sure if tonight was a hiccup for you guys, I hope it was.)

Well it was fun yesterday without any drama when I was on.

Anyhow, when is the server going to up, or is someone going to host a new one?

Bumpan.

Its not off the radar don't worry I am just trying to make get the god damn admin privileges working for the dedicated server executable and i'll need another admin to help me.

Ey, you mean you don't have admin privileges on your own dedicated server or what do you mean?

Isn't it just basically adding your 64bit steamID into serveradmin.xml file, and the dedi-server will read it from there?

yeah I have added it to the serveradmin.xml and it doesn't recognize it. I went to %appdata% and went to saves and added the steam64 ID and made sure to remove the ← → so the server doesn't ignore it and it still doesn't recognize it.

What the fuck? Can you post the serveradmin.xml?

I mean it should be

Did you remember to remove comments from permissions list?

Fuck, not the comments, but the

apparently it has problems and copy and pasting the thing doesn't work so i'll have to type it out supposedly.

Okay supposedly you cannot do anything if you have not permissions so every individual command I have to make permission for

Here is the current xml and privileges everyone can switch from fpv to tpv if they want

This file holds the settings for who is banned, whitelisted,
admins, moderators, and server command permissions.
Steam ID can be found using steamid.co/

STEAM ID INSTRUCTIONS:
===========================================================
steamid.co/ instructions:
Input the player's name in the search field. example: Kinyajuu
If the name doesn't work, you can also use the url of their steam page.
Also you may add/remove admins, mods, whitelist, blacklist using in game commands.
You will want the STEAM64ID. example: 76561198021925107

PERMISSION LEVEL INSTRUCTIONS:
permission level : 0-1000, a user may run any command equal to or above their permission level.

COMMAND PERMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS:
cmd : This is the command name, any command not in this list will not be usable by anyone but the server.
permission level : 0-1000, a user may run any command equal to or above their permission level. →

jk it doesn't let everyone not even me wew lad.

going edit the xml again because i cant do certain commands.

i think i am going to add people to this serveradmin xml so that they can switch their view and etc.

0 is master admin
1 is admin
2 is moderator

etc up to 1000.

I think you might have accidentally given everyone kill commands. Hue. hue.

is that how it works wew. okay thanks

okay now i see how that works. Hmm.

This file holds the settings for who is banned, whitelisted,
admins, moderators, and server command permissions.
Steam ID can be found using steamid.co/

STEAM ID INSTRUCTIONS:
steamid.co/ instructions:
Input the player's name in the search field. example: Kinyajuu
If the name doesn't work, you can also use the url of their steam page.
Also you may add/remove admins, mods, whitelist, blacklist using in game commands.
You will want the STEAM64ID. example: 76561198021925107

PERMISSION LEVEL INSTRUCTIONS:
permission level : 0-1000, a user may run any command equal to or above their permission level.

COMMAND PERMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS:
cmd : This is the command name, any command not in this list will not be usable by anyone but the server.
permission level : 0-1000, a user may run any command equal to or above their permission level. →

I dont think it works like that tbh. I think 1000 is super admin.

So what do the anons in this thread think of this game in relation to rust? Is one overall "better" than the other, or just different in various ways? If you could only play one, which would it be? They look quite similar, rust looks more polished, but this game looks more flexible.

Why are you such a fucking faggot?
steamcommunity.com/id/RehashedSouls

Having played Rust I'd have to say its much different. Rust isn't really voxel while this one is and in rust you have stability on structures while in 7 days it's overall gravity. Alpha 15 will make it look a little better.

Also none of the admins will let me use them.

I have to say this is very much different than rust.
While rust allows for more options for pvp, 7 days is more focused on coop

you tell me.

Clearly, that is a sign that there must be more niggers.

Okay from what it seems like reading through forums and stuff there is a problem people have when admin commands disable randomly. Also switch view doesn't even work. So lets hope as I host the server we dont have a shitty map and admin commands always work. Also I might want another admin or moderator to help me when i am gone because I might want to play another game or go to sleep because the past two nights i was up til 4 am and it is tiring. As about dealing with jorgel he'll be a nigger so be careful, if he kills anyone or fucks with anyone i will deal with him. Try not to loot other people's position.

however that is if you want to do cooperative, if you want to pvp you are not obligated to base in the village. If you want to base in the co-op village add everyone and dont remove each other pve is already a pain in the ass least thing we want is an ally to kill someone and take their loot

I might prefer communication I know communal storage might sound communist but tbh I am always stuck building and because Maga and I build we get hardly any schematics. Please notify what your findings are in terms of schematics and especially medical supplies (so we know who potentially can make what) and try to share gun parts. You do not need to share your high end gun parts but try to give plenty of good gun parts, if you want to keep gun parts to yourself make sure if you have a gun crafted you replace those high end parts with your parts currently in the gun and just any spares or anything just donate to communal. As for the communal forge and communal campfire try I think having privatized forges and campfires will be fine later, but try to get the tools and place them communal as we'll probably dump tons of resources and take out tons in the communal in we should know that not everyone will be able to make certain things (e.g gun smithing is hard to level up and to make bullets and get the perks required it requires 20, 25, 30, 40). Just try to cooperate and donate as much resources in the communal storage. Privatized can become a priority later of course feeding yourself is important. As for perks get on survivor, sexual tyrannosaurus, and skill specific things first. Idk what max level cap is, but the bigger and more fortified it is the better.

Shit i meant possessions.

Noice.

Does this mean serb going up soon?

oi too slow faggot

You know a gigantic, unclaimed wall takes about one minute to break into, right? Or just spend 10 minutes tunneling in at night and have half the crates broken before the people sitting on the walls know what's going on.

Just saying, if you want a drama-free co-op PvE server, inviting niggery is counterproductive.

5 days!? Jesus, that is fast. 2 weeks is perhaps the most balanced. Otherwise faggots will camp on military outposts 24/7 for a chance at military gear.

disabling pvp is a mod, through server options it can't be edited out. I tried and I know. I'd have to mod the server to completely disable it. Regardless blast damage always kills people. Jorgel is welcome but I am going to crackdown when him or anyone acts like nigger. anyone who steals someone's loot will be killed. Everyone in the servers seems to want to do PVE so living in the village or adding everyone and making their own is fine.

also Pvp was always welcome my problem was people starting drama in the coop village. Like i said people were never obligated to to do pve. PVE would imply you're friend with everyone on the server. But if someone is being an absolute nigger i'll gladly crackdown on it.

comfy

RIP

RIP in pieces server.

Get mad nigger your stuff's gone tomorrow anyway

Nice trips brah qt hut too

Serb ded.

Computer went to sleep didn't turn off the monitor instead. wew lad sorry goise.

Alright server is back sorry, I was cooking for family and didnt turn off the monitor. For some reason turning off the monitor seems to let the server stay up. Idk if there will be a roll back but its back up.

It doesn't it did last time. But now it wont let it. which is strange.

I am going to test something later on today, because it seems the dedicated server bat in the seven days folder functions much differently than the 7 days dedicated server located in the steam tools. I have turned the monitor off before it ran perfectly fine I think.

And server went down again

It is still up, it was lagging a bit.

Nigger that's not how you spell PZ

COMFY

Bumpin to let ya'll niggas know the serb is still kickin

Lighting is kinda shitty and so is the structure but w/e. This is where I've been spending my lonely nights by myself.

Looks like a shittier version of Rust with zambies.
Why not play Rust.

doesn't seem like rust to me, should read the thread

I did.
Early access survival zombie game.
Rust was exactly that but removed the zombies in Experimental because they understood that the player to player interaction was more important and the zombies were just an annoyance.
Rust is a open world multiplayer base raiding game.
7 Days to Die is a open world multiplayer base raiding game with zombies.

get a load of this guy. He thinks the zombies are just a feature.

oh no the zambies are dangerous if you are in a place that has a lot of them and don't have any gear!

Why don't you pirate and try the game yourself instead of shitposting and making yourself look like a moron?

Because Rust is fucking total shit.

I doubt it's worth the hard drive space to download so I could play with some Holla Forumsirgins that will just spout memes for hours on end and make everything shit and horrible.

How, give me a example.
Right now it seems like the best early access survival game as it's updated weekly and always listens to community feedback. With the recent addition of the XP system it rewards people for sharing their equipment and helps the fresh spawns to get their feet off the ground faster.

reported

i cant make an argument, considering i have played little Rust but from what i have heard multiple times it is shit.

It is fun, I havent played it in like a year , I got my compound so good that there wasnt anymore challenge to it (4 block thick steel walls with a 3 tier concrete/steel moat filled with traps surrounding it , and landmines around that)

What is new added in the last year?

My shitty ass excuse of a fortress got overrun last night. However, I am determined to take it back and make it somewhat better now that I have learned from my mistakes.

Excellent arguments.
As always, Holla Forums being the experts in video games and giving me a second thought of buying Rust.
Sorry, but the game doesn't seem too appealing to me, from the gameplay I saw on youtube it looks like a more boring, more slow version of Rust.

I dont know if it has changed, but last time I played, zombies could not spawn on water, so bulding a fort over a deep lake would be a good idea , youll have to move a lot of shit tho

zombies can swim and come out of the water now.

Ok, that's nice. Why are you here again? Go play some Rust or make a Rust thread if you like it so much, faggot.

quite a bit, too many to list, check out the news archive in the site or just look at the forums.

shitposting

I will as soon as you answer my question, what's the point of even playing this if Rust exists which is objectively a better game.
What does 7 Days to Die offer me? What is interesting about it?

Oh, and believe me I would play and make a rust thread, but I don't even have it yet and don't have a good enough connection to host a server.

I never actually said that 7DTD was shit because it had zombies, good lying there cunt.
My question was from my first post, why would I play this instead of all the other EA survival games, more specifically Rust as it has weekly updates and constant community interaction?

Regular updates, a hunger system that isn't retarded nor involve eating every 5 minutes, actual fear when you play the game, building a fortress and hoping for an horde not to pass by and rumbles with anything, create your own character, bikes…

Is the only early access game that isn't a piece of shit and really feels like a zombie adventure, still I'm an idiot because you'll just say "DAT'S SHIT LOL" or some shitposting relater answer.

fine here
also

certain things need polishing but its EA and they acknowledge this, also forgot to mention that they do one major update every few months followed by minor ones to stabilize the game . Once stabilize they leave the game alone for awhile to work on the next major update which the time to make varies. Again this is a small team that does this part time.

Server down for good this time around?

Ey, we playing tonight?

sorry guys, the computer didnt even fall asleep this time so this is strange.

I NEED MY FIX MAN

im relaunching hold up i was backing it up

Thanks for hosting man.

No problem sorry for the lag.

No problem sorry for the lag.

Nice night to not die
whos the sucker who got 50+ niggas?

whos base is this?

So what's the deal, is this server down? Just getting forever "Connecting"

server is up. Day 23 make sure everything is correct.

That was my old one that I didn't finish so I moved on until I found a town and built

its so comfy, why abandon it? is it because the zombies broke in? still looked intact to me

No, because it was miles away from anything useful. I decided to hit the road until I found a town and build a new base there. My current base is still not finished, but at least it's got a working mine-shaft unlike that one.

I may or may not have stolen all your shit you left around in there. Try locked chests next time.

Cheers.

If the Server is up anytime today please make a post itt to let us know.

There is one thing I can't stand in games like this, and it is the shit players in some comunities not talking about this one because I didn't got inside this server yet. They just go killing everyone to make funny youtube videos and they feel bad ass doing so.

Sorry, just saw some Rust videos that got me upset.

So is this server going to be running again tonight?

Wewp, missquote.

I NEED MUH MINING SIMULATOR.

When is 1488 the game comming back online?

going to do server maintenance tonight, even after tweaking power settings and all that it doesn't stay up 24/7. So i think I am going to try something.

Server Owner here, Okay so here is what is going to happen. Someone else is going to host the server on a server computer he has. I am going to help him set up the server with him and be an admin, he will be admin too. But he'll probably set it up 24/7. I am going to transfer the map over to him. For people who interested in the game I might stream the game and you can see my comfy base or something.

Let me tell you a rust story of me and 2 other Holla Forums people. So one day I asked 2 people to play rust. We build a 2x2 shitshack during around e3 2016. Other 2 are off, guy camping out with guns outside my base. He misses point blank shot, didnt have wardrobe up and left a hole in the base so the guy builds up. I land arrow shot on him as I am hiding behind something in 2x2 shitshack then i chuck a spear at his head. Kill him take everything off his corpse. Have a bunch of guns. We fortify the fuck of the base, guy nearby, type in chat "wew taking my fawken trees" dipship comes back camping front door hits bullet on me but doesnt kill me. So one of my teammates help me kill him, he has guns (a sniper) and 10k wood. Guy says "wow you're going to regret that" autist comes back. Missing all my sniper shots give sniper to teammate kills the guy. More guns another sniper rifle. Different guy comes on top of a mountain near us tries sniping, we kill him. Guy bitches in chat "wow i got sniped by people in some base i will show you guys" 3 guys come we kill them. we got more snipers. Have fortified as fuck base. About 6 people raid and 3 people from 8ch are holding out in one base, we are killing a shit ton of them but they set up beds near by to keep on fighting after killing them and holding out for 2 hours our resources are exhausted. They used more resources than we ever did, considering they tried holding out for about 3 hours and we had their resources since the beginning and by them keep on trying they kept dying. Needless to say they all retreated after they die, all resources are gone so I go in gather more. about 30 minutes later I come back with a shit ton of resources. Turns out server is a circle jerk server. 10+ people come to blow up our entire base by using c4.

woops forgot to sage

How the hell do you even find feathers ?
I only find those on nests and they're pretty hard to spot.

I got killed once because a zombie dog climbed at a ladder.
I was pretty pissed.

Rng in towns and they're abundant in nests. Also be careful They can pile like zombies in world war z so build over the one to counter spider zombies and that.
see third picture of what I did.

So we discovered, it doesn't matter how many fuckers are piled into one base with probably Heat off the scale, if you base in a preexisting structure, the feral zimbabwes will go after your ass.

Makes me sad my comfy cabin is a death trap.

I'll just leave it as a stop over shelter to the Northern city, while I base with some homies down south.

why live ?

You gotta get gud. Keep an eye to the ground for nests on any unpaved surface. They're a bit easier to spot in deserts.

And take any eggs they find, with a unit of meat they make good food that doesn't consume a water jar.

bump

So is it going to be done by tonight, feggit?

Need to start a steam group or some shit for when this thread dies.

I plan on keeping threads active and I thought the same. Right now the server host I am giving the files to right now is having a problem. When he made the server everything loaded in but the map which is strange.

The server is going on, the new server owner can't load our map, so i decided he is going to host once alpha 15 hits and from then on. As for now I am going to host.

looks like they finally raided me

i guess Jorgel put that sign because he is a cuck, what a surprise.

I downloaded the igg games link you posted earlier but i just realized that this server probably isn't cracked right?

yeah.
anyways doesn't matter. Last night my game crashed and fucked everything. I lost my profiles and so even if i host the server I dont have a login to go back to. So i lost all my progress. I am going to upload the file to MEGA and hope you guys can play single player with it or something.

mpc-g.com/7-days-to-die/
Try this if that doesn't work the usual answer is SmartSteamEmu

Server name?
IP?

didn't lose it all you niggers. Map is fine and server is fine. The only thing is lost is my progress. That is it. If i play on the server again i have to restart at level 1 on the same map and get all the blue prints again.

So you're not going to be hosting it or wat? This has been such a clusterfuck. Holla Forums at its finest.

is the server up?

going to see if i get it running 24/7 like i did last time.

okay so, so the server bat in the 7 days to die folder functions much more differently than the one in the steam tools section. Server is up and when i turn the monitor off with the tools section server bat it allows me to afk and/or turn off my monitor. alrighty hopefully this has it running 24/7. As for me Kaho, considering i lost my profile and all my progress. I think i'll wait for y'all to get fucked over or just wait for Alpha 15 when I'll join again. Also another admin will be on so behave appropriately do not be niggers. Anyways enjoy playing you fucking faggots. Thanks for joining us in 7 days to die.

Anyways here it is

try joining in the server now. I wonder if I got it working, There is a problem supposedly though you might need to edit your files because you all might register as the same user or something. I hope not though because persistent profiles are off so lets hope your progress doesn't overlap one another.

LEL

Naw, not from scratch. All my shit is still there. Just was down for a while.

The redo happened once because the map got corrupted then some people started acting like niggers. We have one map thats been going on for long. We'll be forced to wipe for alpha 15 though, because the devs are adding tons such as draw bridges and catwalks. The server is doing much better i was having problems hosting in the beginning because these two server exes were functioning totally differently. If you'd like to join you're more than welcome too but it'll be much harder as the server should be around day 50 or so