Hidden Gem thread

So after the Steam Sale I bought this little hidden gem called Aquaria and holy fucking shit.

This game is amazing. It's a metroidvania, and though I haven't played anything from either metroidvania or castlevania I can objectively say this shit is better. That and it comes with a top-tier waifu.

One of my new favorites.

Other urls found in this thread:

kyrieru.com/?zx=99e6227204b3f12b
mega.nz/#!R49iBT4Q!PlUKTbUEU0-TNW0NSMEaId85vZOulZkbzBEx3wCQkb4
steamdb.info/sub/81620/info/
myabandonware.com/game/metal-fatigue-7pv
steamcommunity.com/app/72900/discussions/0/540732889064349922/?tscn=1391881772
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're being too obvious. Want to around and try again?

Shut the fuck up, reddit, and stop trying to perpetuate the Holla Forums doesn't play games shit. Aquaria is a great game. Atmosphere, secrets, gameplay, soundtrack, it just delivers. That said,
She falls in love with the first, completely uncharacterised man she sees. Definitely not the game's strongest moment.

No.

He was quoting the OP, dumbass.

The game has a nice soundtrack, but I haven't played it myself.

It's good, but the devs are complete SJW. Just look up Anita's curator recommedations on Steam.

I thought I was on Holla Forums but I must have clicked on Holla Forums instead, my bad.

You're not "their audience", dedanon.

it's shit and OP is a shill

Aquaria came out in 2007.
Alec Holowka is still a massive kool-aid drinking cuck,

this

I shill this game every time one of these threads pop up.

have you heard of this game that came out recently? it's like skyrim but in a post apocalyptic world and it's so fun. I can't remember then name but it's something like "falling out"or "all out" 4

That sounds like a really interesting game fellow anonymous person.

The only thing that game had going for it was the music. Everything else wan't terrible, it was just horribly mediocre.
It also came across as kind of pretentious, but I guess that's to be expected from an indie hipster.

Get out.

>devs are SJW faggots havent posted any proof or facts

Who wouldn't buy a game from hitler?

normalfags and jews?

There is no video game named metroidvania

What is this? Looks like some kind of TRPG.

And SJW devs too, fuck off OP

Aquaria is shit.

its slow, both in movement and in pace.

the exploration is boring. I rather explore a dungeon crawler because the caves all look the same and the stage design is boring.

boring as fuck game.

Looks comfy. Is it finished or is this early access shit?

This sounds like your typical Steam user review. You're not doing anything to help your case, user. Post a fucking gameplay_footage.webm and write an actual thought out description on what makes this game so great. Shit OP, shit thread, and it's probably a shitty game, too.

Good job of fucking up the thread from post one.

Nice!

Don't bump the shit thread then.

Hey, look, I see where you're coming from, but there's no point in saging a thread when it can so easily be "counter saged". Sage is not a downvote. The only way shit threads to die is when people stop posting in them all together.

That 'steak' is some vegan patty that tastes like cardboard and grass because the ideology of the cook is all meat eaters are evil.

Alec Holokowa being a huge SJW now doesn't ruin Aquaria the game continues to be awesome. Unfortunately it ruined all the games he could have made in the future. After Aquaria he started working on another metroidvania where the main character was a marionette girl looked like it would be a new game similar to Aquaria. Now though he's making a side-scrolling adventure game about gender-neutral furries where you play as a lesbian cat.

I remember trying the Aquaria demo back when it came out and not only is it not really a Metroid-like game at all but it's also boring as shit.

I've never seen this game being talked about on Holla Forums
I find it pretty good and had a lot of fun with it, the devs took a lot of time to make it complete with all the characters and weapons but it was worth the wait

he's from before video games or electronics were even a thing so he would have no understanding on how to into gaming and the game would suck.

I love this game.
Nice graphics
Nice emviroment
Nice exploration
Beatyfull music
Lots of collectives
a Middly entretaining crafting sistem
Interesting bosses
The sotry is underwhelming though. that the only low point of the game

Edgy cAAAsuals on Holla Forums like to hate on it cus it was developed by one of the 5 Guys Burgers & Fries

Don't be a sheep oveying the hive mind, quality games ought to be supported. but if you really really hate the devs just pirate the thing and promote the torrent.
The game itself us great, and that is what makes people want to buy it, if you do not want the devs to earn money out of it then pirate it yourself and share the torrent, because this game's goodnes ain't just gonna magically dissapear just because some random Fallout/Skyrim/MOBA/Sandbox/FPS/MMO fanboys says it's shit

The reason we hate hippsters is becuase they make shitty non games like Life is Strange, Sunset, Depression Quest and Gone Homo.
Or because they are obnoxious code stealing assholes like Phill Fish
But the moment one of thems actually makes something good we should not just shit on it cus it was made by one of them but rather support it to send a clear message to all other hippsters out there saying:
This is the minimum quality an average gamer expect form his game.
If hippsters think people will shit on them for who they are even when they actually make something good, they will relly even harder on the indie/SanFranshitsco circlejerk to earn Shekkels throug cronyism and nepotism and won't give 2 shits about making quality games poisoning the indie well even further

TLDR
Fuck the haters support the games you like
Merit>Identity

This nigga knows. One of the few kickstarted games that actually delivered on everything. Only issue I've got with it is that navigation abilities take up special ability slots meaning you have to either gimp your combat capabilities or be actually good at combat but be incapable of actually navigating shit, so in the end you gotta mess around with the menus every 30 seconds.

i tried aquaria and did not like it but i am glad you are happy

Fucking hidden gem right here. Exploration, skill-based bosses that reward you for doing well, intriguing setting and story, it's got everything.

Nigger, it's one of the most well-known indie titles out there.

More games should do what it did and let you fight unarmed while making it fun. I immediately unequipped the sword when I realized I could.

Yeah it's a bit annoying especially if you play with a magic build but you can play gilda who doesn't need most of it

Great game,
I found out about it because someone posted it in a tread made to shit on indies.
I'm really looking forward to the secuel after that cliffhanging ending…
they will make a sequel right? Aquaria had a cliffhanger ending to but that ain't never gonna have a sequel

way , way too many timed puzzles in it ; it just ruined the pace for me

Eroico is really fucking hard I just want to jerk off but the game keeps making me play it.

i know , same shit with kurovadis and parasite in the city ; thankfully there are alternatives where you can play the bad gal and do the molesting instead

I'm honestly surprised at the amount of viable builds in that game. It's almost like they put actual thought into that shit.

From what I know they do plan on a sequel but they're doing a TRPG sequel to Legend of Fate as a lighter in-between project first.

could any of you guys post the name of the devs or any more specific info on this, i tried searching for a demo or a trailer of these but "eroico" is way to generic a word for this specific game to show up in the searches

If the cook is a liberal faggot that wants to destroy all restaurants and my country, I sure as hell won't buy him a steak.

This is the dev's website
kyrieru.com/?zx=99e6227204b3f12b

Is that game in english and where do I acquire it?

The cook is bad but not the dish, if you wanna hurt his sales, share the torrents cus shitting on a good stake just cus you don't like the cook makes you sound like a retard

Wait a second, Is that a hokuto no Ken fighting game for the gameboy?

Dude this is same thing as a sjw not buying a game because it's "problematic".

You're just missing out on a good steak you probably weren't going to pay for amyway.

Yes, here's the english version:
mega.nz/#!R49iBT4Q!PlUKTbUEU0-TNW0NSMEaId85vZOulZkbzBEx3wCQkb4

thanks user

The difference is that I buy steaks, SJWs don't so enjoy getting bankrupt because you couldn't keep your shitty opinions for yourself.

This is why I added the "weren't going to pay for" part, you absolute fucking nigger.
You do not have to pay for the game, because pirating exists. This way, you can enjoy the good steak, not have to support an sjw, and not sound like a faggot.

I tried recording something but OBS just isn't working well for me now. Have some guy doing cool combos for Orcs Must Die's first level.

so?
just because the game was made by someone you don't like it doesn't automatically become shit

You mindlessly shitting over quality cus you don't like the guy who made it just serves the porpouse of the talentles hippster indie clicke who cannot survive on the merit of their talent and needs to rely on the circlejerk to prosper withing the industry

If someone makes something good that you like, tell him with your wallet that this is the proper way to prosper withing the Vydia industry, cus if you're just mindlesly shitting on it cus of "reasons" these talented people will just relly even more on the lazy talentles circlejerk and make low effort crap like Gone Homo

Hell if you really hate the dev, pirate his game, but don't shit on it, let the market know that, this type of game is popular, so that the market follows this dierction, if you shit on it mindlesly despite it's quality, you will only get more Sunsets and Depression Quest

Toki Tori 2 will never be taken seriously because of the graphics and the fact that the first game sucked. It's a great puzzle game, however and I urge everyone who likes 2D side scroll puzzle games to try it out.

What about Yu?

Great game but some bosses are absolutely bullshit.

Damn, those gifs look good. Source?

I am as honest as they come and these men speak the truth.

I could agree with you regardgin Shu Gohth and Treu but the others really are great

Best srpg and literally nobody talks about it. This game has it's own fucking internet in it its fuckin' insane, limb based damage, the robots ARE CALLED WANZERS. Pick it up now or else your a faggot.

It's a fucking masterpiece. I bought it on launch because it came out on sale during a steam sale and they gave you a voucher (that stacked with the sale) if you had one of their other games.

And then they went bankrupt because apparently that was the only copy they sold.

I remember playing the demo for this and liking it. But I was such a poor fag as a kid that I never got around to buying it.

Downloading now, thanks for reminding me this existed. Been on my "to emulate" list for a while.

To my knowledge Derek Yu only gives a damn about making video games.

And the source of those gifs is Fae Tactics, by Endless Fluff. Same people as Valdis Story.

Everything Front Mission is fucking amazing. Yes, even Evolved.

I've played a bit of that, too. I should finish it but I wanna finish Gunvalken first, which is really fucking tough because even though the shmup parts seem easy compared to other games in the genre I'm absolutely shit at shmups

thats a shame but whatever. heres a secret you should all know by now, their revenue doesnt come from game sales

Everything is fucked.

Really? I've always held off on playing it because a lot of people shat on it

Speaking of which I'm recommending this if you can't get your hands on 2017, 2025 or 4.1. I can't find a commentary-less playthrough of IA but still it's a great game even if you just play it solo if you're really itching for EDF. It's also pretty funny from what I remember

Explain.

and if it werent them it would be giant jews like ea and bethesda. in fact its both. so just do what you want. no boycotting will save anything.
if you want to make a difference youll have to make games, and even then you wont drive the bad guys away because you arent blocking any money going towards them. but you might encourage others to follow suit only to later fall to the darkside as they all do

Well I might've over-exaggerated, but it's still a decent TPS/mech action game. The single player campaign was too fond of making you go on foot indoors instead of making you pilot wanzers and the multiplayer which was breddy gud is a ghost town nowadays if the servers are even up still.

EDF 4.1 for PC never ever

This game was developed like 10 years ago.

What game is this?

It might come at some point. Might. Still Insect Armageddon isn't a bad game, in fact in my opinion it's pretty damned good. It's just not as good as the Sandlot ones.

Anyways. neon chrome. Same dudes as Crimsonland, pretty good fun although it being a roguelite might put people off.

look

(checked)
Last time, when that sentence was used, game was finally released. Be careful with that.
:^)

steamdb.info/sub/81620/info/
This got leaked when there was an exploit with the Steamworks dev API last year. Valve has since made it impossible to retrieve the name of a package by id alone since, but this thing exists.

Hey, I'm hoping for that speculation about the steamdb page to pay off as much as you anons, but holy fuck we've been waiting quite a while for some definitive proof.

Also, for anybody looking for some arcade-y mech action, give Gun Metal a try. Although make sure you use a gamepad, the KB+mouse controls suck horsecock

Great humor, fun gameplay that doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Some RNG bullshit as per usual in a rogue like but this game makes no excuses for what it is. Give it a try if you haven't, it's cheap as hell.

and the music. something about roguelikes brings the best vidya musicians

Good to see at least someone else has played DoD. Have you beat Dredmor? I've gotten to him twice but died.

She realized she no longer had to pretend to play games.

Oh, man. I loved that game when it came as a pack-in with my old graphics card.
It came together with pic related which had the same gimmick. And was also pretty gud.

Actually one of the best introductions to actual roguelikes together with ToME(which is free if you get it from it's site but has expansions behind a paywall). Really clever character creation system too. My favorite is still Ancient Domains of Masochism, despite being kinda bullshit.

I ask you the same as .

Everyone I know who played the game which are my friends I convinced to play it haven't been able to beat the game.

fuck no im awful. i couldnt put together a coherent skill set to save my life.

You should get cancer and die for having such godawful taste.

t. user who has played and beaten the game with every character, so go fuck yourself.

Also, fuck Valdis Shitstain.

Shit, the timed puzzles were one of the few things I actually enjoyed. I was actually disappointed when they casualized them in the newer versions. Your timing had to be perfect in the older versions, but since the update, any mouth-breathing retard can do them.

I've only gotten to Dredmor a couple of times, but I only have like 20 hours in the game. Since you're getting deep, I guess you have your skill builds in order, but I would still recommend avoiding mixing archetypes as much as possible since it gimps your stat gains massively.
Also encrusting is love, encrusting is life. Stack that shit as much you can on good enchanted items.

But seriously, don't get frustrated for not beating a proper roguelike. It took me 5 years to beat NetHack legit for the first time.

Whoops, that should be
This fucking game has so many design flaws it's not even funny. I remember when the fucking double jump was a spell. A motherfucking spell, that took up one of your spell slots, and cost mana to use.

what action games do you recommend then?

Trips of truth, encrusting is love.

My favorite builds involve clockwork knight and tinkering. Too strong to ignore.

Wait a minute Battle Engine Aquila is on PC? Holy shit I'm gonna look for this now. Thanks user

It's obvious you are a retard, why did you play the game so much if you hate it ?
I know about all the bosses and i beat them all with an S rank, i was just saying treu and Sho Gohth are boring.

Mah neger. Fisting enemies from across the room never gets old.

I didn't even know it was on Xbox till I encountered it in a bargain bin couple of years ago.

play with the nude mod to offset the devs being sjws

Noitu Love 2 is really good. Especially if you liked Gunstar Heroes.

if its so shit, why did you play it so many times? Must have been enjoying yourself eh?

So it's shit then?

Best mech series. I don't like the gameplay of 1 and 2 is only half translated.

Don't listen to him, Evolve is shit. Just pretend it doesn't exist.

too bad the creator became a swede cuck that follows the problem crew

You're easy to spot in a crowd

ITT: sjw cuck tries to convince others to buy shit products and fails

I've been wondering, are there any "cinematic platformers"(aka games where the controls are a bit heavy and weighty akin to Prince of Persia, Oddworld or Another World/Out Of This World) recently made?

And I'm not talking about poser shit like The Way.

Also if anyone has played a game called Goliath, is it any good? It looks kind of like bastion but faster and with mecha so I'm pretty interested.

In the meanwhile, here's Kung Fu strike, a game I've been shilling for quite some time. It's a very fun 3D beat em up with kung fu moves, really hard levels and some pretty fucking radical abilities like being able to run on the heads of enemies(although it's locked behind gold and the gold you get from first time completion and challenges aren't enough to unlock everything). Here's a magnet link because it's not really for everyone and the devs seem to have never existed past making this game.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FA4A4C3FF87E85D60622776B0DAC76820ADFF3A3&dn=kung+fu+strike+the+warriors+rise+tinyiso&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

Enjoy yourselves.

Protip: Press the jump kick button, then wait till Shan hits the floor and press it again, then do it one more time when Shan hits the floor again. You'll do a very powerful spinning kick that also counts as a mini critical hit against enemy chi moves. Also in the air press normal attack once and then press it again and hold it, it'll do a bicycle kick hit string which is in my opinion of the strongest hit strings in the game. When normally attacking, pause for half a second and continue pressing the attack button and Shan will do a hand palm move that also counts as a mini critical hit. Your first normal chi move(dragon kick I think it was called) deals all the damage in one hit so it's the best move for critical hits). Play on normal difficulty first because for some reason some abilities unlock only on normal while others unlock only on hard mode. Try and get the low kick attack(I must admit I forgot where it was, but I think it was in the range of the first 8 levels on normal or easy mode). Don't bother wasting money on different rush attacks like lightning kick or that one 10K thing that just makes you jab very fast, you'd be better off with actual moves. Finally the game doesn't explain it but rolling and then parrying does a much faster but shorter lasting parry animation. Some attacks(like the level 4 boss, the swordsman, require multiple parries)
I think you could cheat yourself gold or unlock everything but personally I've never done it so I don't know where to do so.

Oh fuck don't tell me this, I've been waiting on The Iconoclasts for quite some time now.

My fucking nigger! This is the first time I found someone on Holla Forums that has seen the true light and beauty of toki tori. I think the devs are closing down semi-voluntarily, tho. They said something about not being able to keep up with the games industry. Their last game is coming out in September. Have you played Full Bore? Similar game but more block based.

Also a forthcoming warning, the 8 levels that start with you in like a tomb room fighting statues and four levels later you are poisoned and fighting women, those are the worst fucking levels in the entire game and are absolute infuirating bullshit. Stick through them though and you go to a fighting tournament, which in my opinion is the best four levels in the game but the final boss of those four levels is a cheap, ball breaking and complete fuck

Most recent one I've played that even remotely fits the genre is Deadlight, but it isn't good. There's also that new game Inside which looks like it might be one, but a) no piracy because of Denuvo and b) it doesn't really look that good either.

Dude should stick to fantasy.

im not sure if this would qualify as a 'hidden' gem. but its a neat platformer with quite a few secrets

sorry bro, it began last year

dude went to some event and "met" Maya, know he retweets Rami, the who, and Sterling among others

This looks like THE WORK OF SOMEONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS

God damnit.
What's a good metroid-ish game? I liked Guacamelee's secret platforming sections and the inferno challenges and Ori as a whole.

some other great flash games

have you played this rabbit game? rabi ribi also came out recently but i havent gotten around to trying it. i have no idea what its platforming is like, only that it has tough bosses.

METAL FATIGUE

do you like giant mechs fighting?
do you like stealing tech from your enemies?
do you like three different planes to fight on at the same time?

this is your game, it's a old RTS that still works on win 7 and it is very good

Is it a squad-based kind of thing like MechCommander? Or more traditional RTS with base-building and shit?

Also apparently it's abandonware, you can grab it here
myabandonware.com/game/metal-fatigue-7pv

traditional RTS

Cool, just wanted to know what I was in for before going in. I'm shit at RTS but I've been looking for more mech games recently

it's abit clunky but the mech fighting in it is really good

Man, that mech has a great ass.

parallelling The Little Mermaid

You know I never noticed before but you're right, that mech has ass cheeks

That looks really neat, thanks.

user, please lead off with second part next time. I got a debilitating case of blue balls now

you say you have balls but I aint seeing them

I like RTS fine. Mind got ahead of itself at the thought of bashing a mech in real time and stealing their shit like Mega Man

you have to blow the mech up and hope the part you want didn't blow up then send a construction unit to go get it into the mech pad or if your mech had a arm blown off just pick it up but legs and torsos need a construction unit

dev finished all the chapters some time ago

havent played beyond some missions, but you can move free when not in combat, when you enter combat its by turns and stuff
you can make your qt character as aryan only, becuase europe is white, i wanted to make her delicious brown, but it makes sense you can only choose white for the story, and choose from a range of personalities and abilities.
trigger warning it contains this is a fucking spoiler faggot for real stop now! ok if you really want to know rape, it triggered some tumblrfags and bitched about it and demanded to be removed, dev told them to go fuck themselfs respect his artistic vision.
steamcommunity.com/app/72900/discussions/0/540732889064349922/?tscn=1391881772
ami the only faggot that played this game?

Anyone have a game that lets me play as either a skeleton or a necromancer (preferably both). TOME has kept me busy for a while but im getting tired of it

I just read the rest on the blacklist and didnt know that VN was so lewd.

Aquaria is a comfy little game but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's even near things like Super Metroid or SotN

Still managed to make me 100% it in 3 sittings.

I have played it, it was neat but I got completely lost and couldn't figure out where to navigate, this was pretty early on.

there will never be a HQ release with working servers and a better lobby

Cucks.

Fuck off, dubs

Fuck off, dubs

Medievil's all I've got for you.

And I think there's a medieval 2 total war mod that lets you play as a skeleton army but otherwise you're out of luck unless you want to play Diablo 2.

What does it play like? More combat heavy or platforming heavy or something more exploration focused or what

I would say the emphasis is on puzzle and exploration, there's some platforming and combat but its definitely focused on the puzzles and exploring.

I want Reddit to leave already.

agreed, one of my favourite games, too bad it doesn't have much replayability.