youtube.com/watch?v=1oFGagjD18o
youtube.com/watch?v=ckrbmA-NX7E
youtube.com/watch?v=8zTgUigaFKU
youtube.com/watch?v=SSg01hgD1PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m1cvcyi9oPU
youtube.com/watch?v=SBjKWKN6jaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is amazing

this is from hotline miami, maybe it doesnt fit in the category of this thread, oh well it's in a videogame and it's good

Out of my way faggots

Phantasy Star IV, Phantasy Star Online Episode 3, AND The Whole New World? Why yes, I agree with this.

The devs loved this song so much that even though it was supposed to be a one-off, it ended up getting remixed twice for later in the game.

I have a friend that loves PSO2 music, I don't think it's all that great.
Except for Dark Vibrace's theme, that shit literally gives me an erection, but it only works in the game because it syncs with its spawn.

Most of the music is honestly nothing to write home about, but the boss themes all being remixes, along with the fact that they're all synced to the boss fights, makes for something incredible.
And yes, that goes triple for the mining base defense quests, with their full half hour of choreographed, gradually intensifying awesomeness.

Need some Koji Kondo in here

flood evaded, post not discarded

post detected, flood discarded

flood flooded, discardment discarded

Wow, what a high quality rip. Its like i'm actually playing the game.
read the channel name next time ;^)

ace combat's music is legitimately beautiful

another version

Posting in progress…

discard detected, detection discarded.

aaaaa

TIME

Yes it does. It's
GOD TIER
VIDEO GAME
MUSIC

We need more Phoenix Wright

Syphon Filter does that really sexy shit where there's a dynamic shift between a normal level track and a "danger" version when you're in combat.

So of course the final boss theme is a Danger variant of the title theme, mixed with the awesome track I posted earlier.

wooops wrong link

GO DANCE WITH THE ANGELS MISTER

same shit every thread

Off is shit fam.

Thank you whoever posted this! I'll probably never play PSO2, but that track is pretty awesome. In fact, it's the only stuff aside from the Ace Combat music in this thread that really did much for me.

Incidentally, it's a crime that Ace combat has such great music but gameplay I could hardly be less interested in, while so many other games with more my type of subject matter have such worse music.

N O F U T U R E

Been playing a lot of Mount and Blade mods lately, when this song in particular stuck out for me. It reminded me a bit of Ace Combat Zero's final song.

That drop at 2:54 though.

This game was great and had a great soundtrack

Both games have weak OSTs, but this particular track is incredible.

My nigga

bretty good boss battles

New Hotness coming through!

Hit me right in the feels when I first heard it

this is my personal favorite MoH music

Very fitting.

that one was meh. there's way better remixes

Surprised Nier isnt on here yet

Also, I genuinely love this shit.

Who here likes music?

I mean, REALLY, REALLY likes music. To an autistic level.
As in, has spent more $1000 on audio gear for their music?

That's how music is really god tier.

I fear for the future. The FF Piano Opera's are the greatest thing since the games themselves. I don't see anyone approaching their quality though. I'm only able to listen to these or Chopin anymore. The Piano Opera tracks all range from very good to godly.

Here's another. You need proper headphones to really get it.

is this okay

Jeremy Soule incoming, because I think his music is fantastic.
youtube.com/watch?v=qo3VAltxlr8
youtube.com/watch?v=cSw0CyFYV4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=1oFGagjD18o

Johnny's theme is better

You're right, my bad.

this one's better

Never played this game, but this song and my love of Hideki Naganuma convinced me that I probably should.

Nintendo has never used this song in Smash Bros.

Best Wario Theme coming through.

X6 may have been pretty fucking terrible, but the soundtrack is great.

Why did Gwyn have to die, guys?
;_;

Oh wow, this one's pretty nice. I had no idea Guild Wars 2 had such enjoyable music.

Oh hey, this version actually has the stereo effects the original music had, that's neat. And now I'm wishing more game music did that.

Anyway, here's my favorite Castlevania music of all.

She is best waifu

You should all be ashamed.

Really? Not a single fucking one of you?

You can't get any more obvious that this is a stealth nostalgia thread? Almost all these crappy games are from the 90's

despite the godawful writing and characters, borderlands 2 is still one of my favorite FPSes and has some baller-ass songs in it

city of heroes also had some intense tunes

also seriously? no fucking jet set?

you all are fucking basic

for a sims/DS game this one had some tight tunes, glasstown stands out to me the most

more jet set because i feel like it

SFV has some intense music, Alex's theme and Balrog's theme stand out to me, but Karin's theme is also pretty S O L I D

FUNKY NYC

GROOVIN

really intense breakbeat, i genuinely cant even follow all of the percussion it's so deep

probably one of if not my favorite vidya song of all time

fuck this board and its shitty weeb taste

Nice trips but that's no e2m1

I'm not letting this thread die just yet.

What an amazing game that was shame it'l never continue.

You will know our names

This was on the fucking Genesis.

Why?

This game really had a oddly good soundtrack for what it was, all things considered.

Bump

TW101 has a lot of good tracks, which is unusual for a primarily orchestral OST these days.

Say what you want about the game but the OST and sounddesign was fucking great

I don't see enough love for this soundtrack, let's fix that.

Only the best

On another note, why doesn't anyone use the Holla Forums Holla Forums Plug now that is works

This one always makes my skin crawl, but it's a strangely good feeling

Severely underrated track from an overrated game

It may be a shit game but it's battle music was 10/10.

Does this bring back nightmares?

People can say whatever about the games' story and gameplay. Personally my only issue with the gameplay is the level scaling. The broken-ass junction system is fun if nothing else.
But I think the soundtrack is the best out of the three PS1 era FFs.

No, it was just a poorly chosen rental. VA work was garbage though, and the lack of proper manual killed the experience

Music is still top-fucking notch though. SaGa is always at least good for that

youtube.com/watch?v=ckrbmA-NX7E
youtube.com/watch?v=8zTgUigaFKU
youtube.com/watch?v=SSg01hgD1PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m1cvcyi9oPU

There is not a single track in ODST's OST that's not 10/10 gold, but here are my favorites (though link 2 is technically 4 tracks). Marty is a god.

tfw vigilante 8: third strike never

That one kinda reminds me of the ending music for Stalker Call of Pripyat.

bump

I didn't know Halo games had good music.

INTRODUCING

SEGA SATURN

ODST had the most atmospheric tracks, but H3 had the best soundtrack overall.

youtube.com/watch?v=SBjKWKN6jaI

I wonder what Marty is up to now?

Mah niggas.

It's the best FF.

Well from what I heard from one of my good friends who followed Bungie closely after he got a surprise lay-off from Bungie and filing a lawsuit against them he's been kinda chilling and staying off of the grid for a lack of a better term.

fucking ew

What a fag

Marty founded a new game studio. They're making a PS VR game called Golem.

The composer for all the Bungie halo games is widely (and correctly) considered to be the best western vidya composer period

ODST has his best work, but any of the other halo titles he worked on also has a 10/10 soundtrack

I un-ironically like that song (hotline bling), and hearing a genuinely good mashup like that is, the shit

That has as much credit as FF7 being the best RPG of all time.

Thanks for letting me know user it's finally nice to know Marty's doing something now.
Also embed is a personal favorite considering all of the other quality in this thread.

Well, why don't you listen to some of his work on the other halo games or for destiny so you can judge for yourself?

My dad would probably get a kick out of this.

It really gives off that "prepare to get your shit pressed" vibe.

Honestly the soundtrack was probably the best thing to come out of that game. I honestly think its better than Bastion's soundtrack.

Y'all lame.

This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone preferring Transistor's soundtrack to Bastion's. Transistor's music isn't bad or anything, in fact it's pretty good, but it isn't Bastion good. Bastion had some of the best tracks I've heard in a long time, I liked them enough to actually buy the soundtrack.

On a related note, I wish both of those games were as overall good as their soundtracks. Or even that Transistor were simply as good as Bastion. After Bastion did well as far as I know, I'd have expected their next game to feel bigger and more complete. Instead it got followed by an even smaller feeling game. What gives? That's the opposite of how I expect this situation to work.

My fav

I know it's a fucking day late, but this tho.
I was flabbergasted when shit like Metacritic put Transistor above Bastion, when it doesn't improve on a single aspect.
The combat is slower, the music is…. more to my tastes, but still less impactful and dense, the lore (despite taking place in a cooler setting imo) is shallower, the backgrounds and sprites and shit are underwhelming, ugh. I can go on, but despite being a 7/10 in my books, I have SO many problems with Transistor.

Are there any games with good percussion-heavy soundtracks?

Probably not the best choice, but there's too much good music in megaman, and when I have to choose my mind just defaults to Omega.
Although I have to say, I've been listening to We're the robots and 6's castle themes alot recently.

The guiltiest of my pleasures

2hu themes are typically pretty god tier

Nuclear throne has some pretty good music. Too bad I can't hear it most of the time because I play YV