en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_modulation_synthesis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why Atlus?

Nintendo never ever.
Fucking pokemon go ruining everything goddamn it

It's Jewtlus my man.

The fuck.
Sure, Nintendo is jewing with Go, but don't go blaming them for Atlus' shit

It's cosmetic, which isn't as bad (yet) as EO2U's bullshit.

Gotta make up losses on those eshop sales, goy!

It's Atlus, retard.

But they do the same thing to SMT. Its not like they're still obscure now.

anger

As far as I'm concerned, Atlus is just selling a OST soundtrack. Nothing wrong with that.

You know what we must do.

That's fucking low. It was free in Untold.

Well, if that isn't an omen, I don't know what is.

Pirate?

That's a damn shame, otherwise the game looked really good.

AHOY!

I'd rather take this than another EO IV scenario. I'm definitely willing to pay extra for this, anyway.

Get fucked Kikelus.

Just wait for the .cia.

I shouldn't even need justification for buying a damn game but damn they are throwing so much ammo for me not to support them. I love the FM music in EO too. When they localize this game, if it's not free, I'm getting it used or pirating sometime in the future.

Even if you like to support choice developers, there's no reason to support Atlus anymore. Consistent paid DLC, the infamous "Atlus tax" and godawful PR should be more than enough to convince you they're not nearly as based as you might think. I love their games, they know how to make something stylish, polished and fun all at the same time, but I sure as hell don't feel bad pirating their shit at this point. I don't know what the fuck you're doing if you're still paying for anything on 3DS, piracy is more streamlined than ever and suffers zero drawbacks. Online works fine, dlc is also pirateable and works fine, there's no risk of being banned. Nintendo deserves everything coming to them after refusing to keep Treehouse on a tight leash, so for how much this board claims to hate them for the censorship you should all be taking advantage of it by now.

Nintendo and Atlus have done DLC for years now and GO actually seems to have a perfectly reasonable system going for a mobile game. I'm not seeing the connection at all.

Well fuck you, I'm not. This is fucking bullshit.

Fatlus pls.

That too.

This is some jewery right here. In the fucking untold games the FM soundtrack was available right from the get-go. Atlus, baby, I love ya. But if this is supposed to be a return to form for the older fans, why the fuck would you do this? Hell, I will probably still buy the game after I pirate the demo from the japs because I like what I have seen from it, but this is just stupid.

Typical Holla Forums.

Seems like i'm on reddit after all.

Difference here is the FM music isn't old. Untold just use the FM music from the older games. This game the FM soundtrack was made after the modern tunes. Or at least that's how they presented it since the earliest of trailers showed the modern music and no FM music.

The FM music has been a huge thing with these games and fans love these games more for it. While the modern music is good, the FM music made the games feel more old school which is what the series was originally trying to emulate. Making that DLC when they could have definitely put it in the game at this point is a major slap in the face to any long time fan of the series. It's not even free for the first two months like the DLC in Untold 2 that held important gameplay changing content behind a paywall. Said it's paid DLC. Combine with with the ATLUS tax that makes games more expensive for no reason and you're now paying nearly 60 USD for a 3DS game. Not even a collector's edition or special version.

If this game doesn't sell, it's clearly the fault of greedy publishers who want to nickle and dime their customers.

$10 the only reason an EOV FM soundtrack exists is because the FM soundtrack DLC for Gotta Protector/Protect Me Knight! 2 did well and Koshiro pitched it himself.

Not to mention that EOIV didn't get an FM soundtrack itself, so this really is something extra and not just content cut from the main game. That's just, like, my opinion though.

Look, I know everyone hates DLC, but look at the silver lining here. The FM arrange soundtrack won't get canceled this time.
vgmdb.net/album/34094

Still hurt over that. I've been listening to EO music for years because I love it so much. I would gladly buy the FM arrangements since I really enjoy Yuzo Koshiro's music so much. But I definitely feel it should be in the game. Especially with how many fans they've pissed off with EOU2 DLC. When you have people arguing with your PR people about obviously cut content that's now DLC, you would think they would care more. And it shows with how much it sold less compared to EOU.
archive.is/KxDWx

you're in the labyrinth and this guy along with its buddies blindside your party, what do you do?

How about if you encounter these?

im sorry for all those fans of the IP
what is FM shit?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_modulation_synthesis

Basically chiptunes that the EO composer (Yuzo Koshiro) used for Etrian Odyssey I-III. He made some great tracks like vid related.

True point. Thought about it and that seems like the right reason.

so what are you faggots going to do?

Fuck off kike

I don't care anymore, I just don't care

You deserve everything you get.

I'll wait to see if the DLC is anything other than cosmetic stuff. If they're locking maps behind a paywall again then I'll pirate that shit, but if it is just music and customisation options then I'll probably just buy the game and pirate the DLC.

The main difference with those other games is they were remakes and the soundtrack was already made. EO4 had its FM soundtrack canceled. This FM soundtrack was "most likely" made after the initial soundtrack. Mind you I'm not defending this move, just giving clarification before people start spreading misinformation.

I looked up when Persona Q was released in Japan to see if that could have affected the sales of EOU2. It was sold in Japan in November while PQ was sold on June. There isn't any dungeon crawler on the 3DS that could compete with this game. And it sold almost half as much as the first Untold game.

I think we can all agree it was the DLC that hurt the game.

Sucks because this was much better than untold 1.

Nigger you are literally spreading speculation in the name of clarification.

Half-speculation. The older games definitely had their FM tracks made first, then the orchestrated versions were made and recorded later. What we don't know is whether they made the FM soundtrack for EOV first, or if they skipped straight to the orchestrated versions. If the latter, then it makes marginally more sense, assuming extra work has to be done to create the FM version.

Either way, I'm done buying Etrian Odyssey.

I'm so happy that I have IV still to go.

That way I can conclude playing this series while it still had any dignity.