What are some games you always praise, regardless of flaws or what anyone else says?

As far as flawed games go which could have used extra polish, I'd say Alpha Protocol. Personally love the game, just wish there were a way for someone to make a fanpatch/mod to fix some of the issues with it to make it RPG perfection.

For a more polished and really well rounded game, I'd have to say Homeworld. There really aren't any glaring things about it you could say are bad, and the graphics for the time were much better than a lot of other 3D graphics were for the time so they haven't aged that badly. Audio is top notch as well as voiceovers, cutscenes are nice, decent unit variety, great campaign story, and challenging tactics.

Deadly Premonition. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, being weird and goofy =/= "so bad it's good." The story is phenomenal, and the gameplay isn't even that bad the survival-horror stuff is just okay, though.

The Witcher series.

Good stories, not good combat or graphics.

Sorry, wrong slav.

Thankfully there are some mods out there that help things out.

Duke Nukem Forever gets a lot of undeserved shit from everyone. Yeah, I know it shouldn't have taken so damn long for it to come out and yes, it wasn't exactly the best game ever made but for what it's worth it played well and was a fun. It's better than any COD game that's for sure.

douk forever is pretty much a HL2 game released too late. it could be impressive in 2004 or so

Castlevania Legacy of Darkness.

It's just fun for me.

Halo.
Fuck all these nostalgiahounds crying about their shitty DOOMs and Quakes. Game was damn good. As far as the rubbish blamming of shit trends of later FPSs go, I'd make the case that such is more the fault of the WWII shooter genre than anything Halo did.

On a related note, fuck 343.

I know it's made by the most cancerous company ever and completely shits on the rest of the franchise, but dead space 3 was on its own merits one of the best co-op experiences i've had in ages and i think it gets way too much shit

This. I don't care how mad you are about the shit games that tried to copy Halo afterwards, Halo itself was a pretty decent game. It had decent combat mechanics with good weapon and enemy variety as well as a good story and setting. It may have been a console shooter but it was a good console shooter.

I'll also always praise Halo wars. It was a shitty RTS with terrible controls and little to no complexity as far as most RTS games go but it was actually designed from the start as a console RTS and worked pretty well compared to most others. They also did a great job with making it feel like the Halo setting despite it not being designed as a Halo game, they made the game first then Microsoft told them to slap Halo onto it. The music was fantastic and both the visuals and general atmosphere felt great, I expected complete moneygrabbing shit because it was a console RTS but I actually enjoyed the game quite a bit despite usually playing Dawn of war or Supreme commander.

Dungeon Siege. It's very easy hack and slash, with no depth, but the game is fun to go through. Music and art design are also great (despite most people calling it generic).

Halo wars was a shitty RTS, by all means, but for a console RTS I do say they did a good job.
I remember hearing it described once before as "baby's first RTS", and, while I am sure it was intended negatively, I find that actually fits rather well: An RTS for folk what aren't necessarily familiar with RTSs. Works pretty good for that.
Plus, the cutscenes were fun. And let's face it, people've craved a halo strategy for a long time.

On a related note, I hear they're making a Halo tabletop. Sounds fun.

Dynasty Warriors 5, and by definition most of the musou genre is something I will always love no matter how everyone feels about them

It's a 10/10 if there ever was one.

Face it, you just have shit taste and should consider something else than videogames.

OUTRUN
THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS GAMES SERIES, LITERALLY PERFECTED IN ITS FIRST ENTRY

Agreed.

you know what would be great?

A Duke Nukem/Serious Sam crossover game

Agree with Halo Wars, I was a RTS veteran when I played it and still liked it. The problem is that it was too shallow so I mastered it quickly and it got very boring. Would stay play again though

The thing pissing me off about this shit is people saying the game took 10 years to make, that's stupid, they didn't worked on it for 10 years straight and then released this. Some retards actually think that they did and use this as an argument.

It's buggy as hell and with a few guns that have no satisfactory feedback, but you can kung-fu kick vampires in the head then bayonet his friend in the chest all the while shouting stupid one-liners in a terrible southern accent. Pretty much an 80's action movie distilled into video game form

Dwarf Fortress. Goddamn has it had a long and autistic development cycle, plus every major update utterly breaks it.

But hell if it isn't the greatest game ever made.

3D certainly helped a bit though, in the 3DS and PS3/360/PC versions.

I really like gothic 3, It's some of the worst combat I've ever experienced in a game but the world is so comfy
just end my suffering

Deus Ex and Perfect Dark since whoever says those are shit can have their opinions dismissed.