Say i hypothetically had a time machine and wasn't scared of messing around with space and time

say i hypothetically had a time machine and wasn't scared of messing around with space and time

how would i stop sega from failing in the console industry?

Kill Adolf Hitler.

Make them swap Sanic for Sonichu.

Stop the jealous idiots from Sega of Japan.

Give them the details of the PS1 a little earlier and prevent them using a proprietary disk. However to really keep them in the console industry you have to solve the cause of their problems (i.e. fucking retarded business decisions) rather than just treat the symptoms. This is difficult without removing 3/4 of the management team.

literally don't make the sega cd and put Sonic CD on the saturn.
Worst case is you're fucking up or erasing best classic sonic from history.

Back when Nintendo and Sony had their disagreement and went their separate ways shortly before the PSX era, tell them to join forces with Sony and work as one merged company.
Done.

Also if you find a way, make everyone at halfchan Holla Forums retain their memories of their past reality before it was changed, so they'd spiral into depression and kill themselves.
Two birds with one stone.

Better idea
Join Nintendo, and as a bonus sega probably has the conkers to tell nintendo that censoring games rated T or higher in the west is dumb and they shouldn't do it.

Sega was even worse than Sony pushing on the MUH CINEMATIC walking simulator games.
They did have better hardware and didnt relly on bullshots and lies to sell games.
But they would be as cancerous if they still had a brand of consoles.

If you want to save gaming, you have to go back and kill consoles for good.

They abandoned the SEGA CD in less than 3 years so i dunno what you're on about.

Great idea, be forever stuck in a sea of gimmicks and non games for manchildren.
Hope you like that pokemon go!
aka go suck a dick, nintendrone

At least there's a point to having a nintendo system.
The only thing the PS4 is good for is 4K Blurays and using the controller on your computer. I know, I own one.

Because back them gamers werent full retards like now, but they still kept pushing that crap until the end

Yeah, like having halfchan Holla Forums tell you that you're a good little goy and sucked their hivemind cock real good.

Speaking of wich, you should really fuck off back there.

This is what happens when you let dumbass underaged console fags on your image boards.

Hey buddy, reddit's over there go play your identity game over there instead of pretending like who someone is matters on an anonymous board.

Really?
I didn't notice, considering you're still here spouting your nintendrone retardation.
Perhaps you should finally go back there with all your little nintendrone friends.

Don't make the Sega CD and 32x
Don't release the Saturn by complete surprise and not telling anybody, even the developers
Tell Sega of Japan to stop being so retarded

Murder Bernard Stolar and then find some way to improve the tastes of post-PS1 gamers.

Buy 10 million dreamcasts.

Settle relations between their JP and US branches, which would make the Saturn release go a bit smoother in both ways
If you somehow can't go past 1997, make Sega put a DVD drive in the Dreamcast at the expense of $50 more. The release for the DC was pretty much flawless, and so was the library for their first few games. While the PS2 was more powerful, the biggest pull it had was the DVD drive. Living a longer life, the DC would see a HDD expansion for the serial port and more games utilizing the multiplayer (with the broadband adapter seeing more price drops). I'm unsure whether the Xbox would be made or not, but all Sega's exclusives on it could work on DC.

Wasn't Halo a Mac exclusive at ~1999? That would have changed things quite a bit

Time warp out of existence and cause a resonance cascade to destroy the multiverse as a whole.

Then Sega will never fail in the console industry.

i'm not sure i love sega that much user

Tell them to not make the Sega CD or 32X. Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix can be put in a bundle on the Saturn. They should have been on Sonic Jam in the first place. They're pretty much the only exclusives worth owning on those add-ons regardless.

Tell them making the Saturn use quadrilaterals instead of triangles will make it clash with what will become the standard and give developers and ports a hard time.

Kick Yuji Naka in the balls until he lets the Sonic X-Treme team use the NiGHTS engine.

This will hopefully help the Saturn do a little better and delay the launch of the Dreamcast a little, so they can improve the specs and it can better compete with the PS2 and Gamecube. Without Sega giving up on the Dreamcast and working with Microsoft, the Xbox may not exist or end up drastically different, giving Sega a better chance going forward. With the Dreamcast being successful Sega would continue with their first party franchises beyond Sonic.

With a more successful Saturn, Sega will have more incentive to make the Dreamcast backwards compatible with it. This would give it a good advantage that the PS2 had.

With a later release for the Dreamcast, DVD compatibility would be a likelier and less costly option, and once again make it a better competitor for PS2.

If you want to eliminate yet another competitor, and a major reason MS even entered the console market, go back to the early '90s and help smooth out the disagreements between Sony and Nintendo. The Nintendo PlayStation would bomb, as console add ons do, and Sony would never make an actual console, giving the Saturn more room in the marketplace.

Maybe with the Xbox not around and MS not directly competing in the marketplace, they won't be able to popularize concepts like paid DLC and paid online. Sega might still do this with whatever console would come after the Dreamcast, but maybe not.

With no Xbox, Halo would end up a drastically different game on Mac, probably a failure, because it was on Mac. It wouldn't be able to popularize console shooters, one of the genres chiefly responsible for casualization and homogenization that has happened in the last few gens. You wouldn't get people buying a console and playing these shit games just for excuses to socialize with their friends. This would probably extend to Call of Duty and other shit FPS games. Maybe even to the Orange Box and those games that helped popularize the cancer that is Steam and the "cake is a lie" tier casuals that followed.

Perhaps with less competitors, Nintendo will feel less need to appeal directly to casuals with the Wii. That would eliminate the peripheral boom of last gen, and an awful lot of shovelware. But ultimately the people the Wii attracted moved onto smartphone apps anyway, so it might not make a huge difference overall. If Nintendo still went with the Wii, it would effectively give Sega the audience that PS3 and 360 shared last gen, helping to assure they'd actually do well that gen.

Given all of this, Sega's higher ups will still fuck up and kill themselves somehow. All my predictions are based on logical business progression, but Sega's bigwigs don't operate on logic. They operate on pride and spiting each other.

Have you even played computer games from the '80s? Try comparing those NES games from the same time, or NES versions of the same games. PC games were garbage back then. This was the case for a large part of the '90s, too. If you kill consoles, you've killed video games. And I know, "video games were a mistake!" But it we wouldn't have gotten even the good ones from back then.

Screenshotted. Excellent poast.

saved

/thread

Off-Topic OP: Thank you for saving my OC m8.