WURM UNLIMITED THREAD - NON AUTISTIC OP

SERVERS
Britfag's Texas PVP server:
Kingdoms: Mol Rehan / Horde of the summoned - HOTSheads / John Kellogs
6x Action Speed / 3x Skill Gain
IP 216.245.223.162:3724
Notes: Server shutdown after 24 hours of running, Spy protection, no admin fuckery :^)

American 3rd Party PVE Server (WRC):
Kingdoms: Freedom Isles (Autism) / Horde of the Summoned (fucking shit)
4x Action Speed / 4x Skill Gain
IP 13.92.83.205:3724
Server homepage: wurmian.cloudapp.net/
Notes: Daily scheduled 3 hour lag, retarded russians blaming lag on players.

DOWNLOAD
Client: mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas
Torrent Hash: 700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6

UPDATING/REINSTALLING
Back up your playerfiles and smartsteamemu folders, you will lose your character if you don't.
BACK UP YOUR PLAYERFILES AND SMARTSTEAMEMU FOLDERS, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CHARACTER IF YOU DON'T

REMOVING THE CHAT FILTER
EDIT GAMESETTINGS.TXT IN "Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default", CHANGE "censor_chat=true" TO "censor_chat=false".

MODS (WORK ON BOTH, EXTRACT IN GAME FOLDER):
wurmian.cloudapp.net/mods/client-mods/

Ask for help in the kingdom chat or follow someone that's not an enemy, or read the outdated wiki that's for Wurm Online™, not Wurm Unlimited™ :^)
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

OTHER STUFF
>while you have that file open add "villagesay", without quotations, to it to open the village tab automatically If the village has a MOTD, you dont have to do this.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-released-client-mod-loader/&page=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many hotsheads are there anyway?

Not enough.

PANIC

this

we need like a 15 minute warming at minimum fam, sometimes people are pretty far and surrounded in troll town

Probably just that one guy, who's fighting a losing war against multiclienting macrofags

He's going to quit eventually and it'll stop being a PvP server

I didn't change the server backup time, the backup task that GTX let's us schedule doesn't shut down the server nicely… so it's got to be done manually.

I'll see if I can give you perpetually frustrated faggots more time, I couldn't today. Pay the troll toll.

WTB hotshead villagers so i can actually start a town and deed and stop roaming the wilderness alone

I just tried Wurm, and it has been ruined. Not only is there annoying as fuck soundtrack you can't turn off, they give you free gear, and it is OP gear.

What the fuck?

Reagan? I was curious about what was inside.

There were windows, you ass.

QL 3 wall wasn't protecting much anyway

It can be disabled but it's a clusterfuck.

[SKY INTENSIFIES]

Please do. Right now it's like starting Morrowind by heading straight for the Sword of White Woe in Balmora. You just don't do that unless you want to play easymodo. Bump the 50QL Longsword down to 30 and maybe the 30QL hatchet down to 10, and if you can, please add a 10QL sickle. To me the armor is fine but I'm not sure how other people feel about it.

To: Whoever had the boat I just nigged

Seriously. Start people off with a flint&steel and a carving knife.

???

Only communist walls.

Every wall that isn't mine is a communist wall.

you know you can like just, drop your starter gear and shit, nobody is forcing you to use it

His thing is he wants it more challenging for everyone. If he did that now it'd be for nothing, it would also be for nothing if it was made more challenging though. It's too late in the game and people have already used their starting items to great effect.

TOO LATE

>ql30 leather, hatchet, q50 longsword of John Kellogs their guards can use those
Shit's fucked, enjoy.

invite the cucks on the other chan just copy and paste the general post and invite them to HotS

i-i'm shy :^)

Then man up butter cup and stop being a little bitch.

Why is the server a pvp server if this is the attitude towards the only one single person who pvps?

Rollan

Might as well…

Don't be fooled, these are actually monsters pretending to be anime girls.

At least it's not monsters pretending to be women.

brand new to this, no idea what im doing.

should i start on a PvE serv? i'm assuming yes? but what if i wanna just get thrown in the PvP fray? or is that not just viable?

Harvey Birdman?

join pvp play Horde of the Summoned

let us purge you

SOMEBODY INVITE SOME HORDE OF THE SUMMONED

Join PvP, pick Mol Rehan, and ask to join the settlement in Global Kingdom chat.

The PvP server is about to switch modes from Normal to Ultra Brutal. Great crusades and defending against hordes of god monsters will be soon(TM).

sounds awesome.

can i play with you guys using Steam or do I need to use SteamEmu?

either works.

Jumping straight into PvP isn't really viable unless you're looking to annoy the fuck out of people. Getting to the point where you can win a fight takes grinding lot of grinding. There's a general fighting skill that dictates a lot of it, but there are also lots of specific skills like defensive/aggressive fighting, individual shield types (large metal, or medium wood, etc), and each weapon has its own skill.

And even if you pick good shit and start grinding the fuck out of it, you're always going to be at a disadvantage to the few people who grind this stuff as well, just by virtue of the fact that you started a week later than them.

we're not sure if sprouts are fixed yet badmin, some of them died recently but we're assuming that's because we planted them before the fix.

especially now that the starter gear is nerfed, anyone whos been playing basically has a whole months worth of grind head start on any new player now

nobody is grinding fighting that autistically

IT'S BACK

I just learned how to confirm if sprout growth is working. It isn't.

I'll fix it tomorrow morning when I backup the server (and I'll make sure it's fixed.)

I'm sorry for your losses. I mourn the sprouts.

ahaha but I saved my important sprouts and planted shit ones to make sure first.

What the fuck are those stand users in the last 5 options?

Autism.

Does it matter?

The girls in front are who they used to be.

might as well

Oy vey! This is a second holocaust! I demand my items back

Recruit some hotheads and we can do Hunt of the Ancients. It's pointless right now.

Recruit them yourself.

HoTS sucks ass and we all agreed on this, yet everyone was all muh pvp let's invite le reddit to play with us XDDDDD
So go, be your natural redditfag self and get some people to not play nice with and then cry when they leave.

Or admit a PvP server was a bad idea to begin with.

There's nothing wrong with HoTS. All being in the same group and having no conflict is pretty autismal. Might as well go play minecraft.

PvP is far more autistic in any sandbox game, because you're actually too stupid to grasp the concept of a sandbox but keep tryharding anyways. Wurm, like Minecraft, is a sandbox. The world and crafting mechanics are not there as scenery for your le epic fight. It's been said before, Wurm's combat is fucking terrible. You know what has better combat? Nearly any game. Including Minecraft, without breaking a sweat. Go play it and get your non-combat-centric-game shitty PvP fix.

I keep the server running, if you don't want more content that's ok.

tell that to the pigs

Are you actually this stupid?
"Wow someone disagreed with someone else, they must think they represent everyone whereas the other person is just representing themselves, I'll show them that disagreeing with other people online is a presumptuous thing to do."
Take off your Problem Glasses, retard.

Found Vaov's corpse, dat hatchet's name

You know what to do.
_ Catapult _ it.

Oh shit… I'm pretty sure I found the HOTS. Your guys's mine door is totally not disguised at all, it's literally the only exposed rock face in this entire flat field.
Not sure I'm willing to make an enemy out of the HOTS though, we JK are small in number and a fight with HOTS would be devastating.

Steal their ore and blame MR…oh wait you already fucked that up. Unless you ARE MR in which case I just fucked it up for you.

[01:53:28] You managed to get a yield of 6 pumpkin.

Last few times I was getting 2 or 3. Reward curve seems a little broken.

dont talk shit or admin will make it so you only get puppets when you harvest

It's not admin's thing, it's Wurm core thing, I think.

You may be onto something

Come on, the post is only two lines, you could actually read it.

The skill gain in the server is extremely fast. When you plant a field at 1 farming, and the next one at 10, you'll notice a huge disparity between harvests. That disparity will even out as you climb through experience levels, ie 2 pumpkins at the first harvest, 6 at the 2nd, 9, 11 and so on

Karoon here, my internet went out yesterday and I don't know when I'll get back. Feel fee to bash down my gates and harvest my crops if the guards let you, that is.

You wot? I just reached 40ish farming and only now am I getting consistent 4-6 cotton for each plant. It's taken me a week to get to this point. Unless you're planting 300 plants from the get go, you're talking shit.

Yes, and what I'm saying is that given that later levels take longer to gain, regardless of the base rate of the skill gathered, the reward curve is weird early on in that you get 3 times as much for the first few levels and then not only do the later levels take longer, but also there's less reward added for each.

is mind logic at vanilla gains or something?

WRC used a mod to boost it above the 4x4 gains. Stat gain was always painfully slower than the rest.

Maybe badmin should look into getting the ingame map working. I have a hunch it's do with the fact that the Russian set up the custom map mod and the server pack wrong. Maybe the badmin can get it working. I was reading some stuff about it here.

forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-released-client-mod-loader/&page=3

More then likely the Russian didn't set it up right and never bother'd to fix it.

The map isn't broken, he's not giving it out on purpose. Get a piece of gridpaper and a pencil and get drawing user.

No maps on a pvp serb, thats cheating

this

Daily reminder that a lone autist's "opinions" were thrust upon us with the poal vote manipulation

Should really leave some of that shit at home, especially when you're innawoods with a good chance to die.

Can we get a set time for server backups again? I'm not saying it has to be automated but atleast give us a schedule so I know when it's safe to explore and when I have to be awake until so I can leave myself praying overnight without a restart at the whim of an admin.

I hope you hotsheads and jkucks made a fuckton of alts before the change, otherwise you're fucked if you ever try to get more players.

I'm fine with it interrupting macro's. I'm not fine with it only interrupting SOME people and not others.

Make the backups happen every 3 hours, that way nobody can pray while they sleep. Either that or give us a specific time so we can work around it.

Make a macro that reconnects once an hour faggot.

Are you faggots even playing the game anymore?

no Macro's pls, if you aren't gonna play the game like an autist, then why are you here?

tell that to the guy who runs half a dozen botted mining alts.

Ehh I'd like to, but I feel the point of having a Holla Forums serb is not to be a jew about it, no rules, just guidelines

You're more than welcome to be one of the 6 other player characters required to attend a sermon for a priest if you want. Keep in mind to fill this role, which has to be done every 3 hours, you can't have performed any action that gives alignment within an hour prior to attending the sermon.

Do you think you can find 6 people to do that for you all day every day? Limiting their play and showing up on time like a job just so you can raise your faith? Or, you could simply handle it yourself so you can actually fill that role without being a massive burden on other players.

It's worth noting WRC had modded faith mechanics so you didn't need a small army to make a priest, they could just perform a sermon by themselves. This server chose not to do that though, so here we are.

That doesn't make botting right. People managed to pull off regular sermons in past bro villages without needing to resort to making their own personal army of macro bots.

those are alts man, we're discussing macros and bots, have all the alts you want

A macro is not a bot. A bot is something that can alayse information from the game and make a decision based on it. To give you a relevant example, the "Improved Improve" mod is actually a bot that requires a keypress to run each time.

If we're making that distinction then any mod that makes choices for you, or bypasses game mechanics so that you don't have to deal with those parts of the game should also be removed. This includes the expanded toolbelt mods, the compass mods that adds co-ordinates.

I use macros, simple recorded mouse movements that are looped until I stop them. Other people use bots, scripts that can make decisions based on information in the game itself. Other people make their own bots to do the same thing instead of using the readily available mods. Some people use macros to pray constantly so they can get faith gains when they're at work.

Then there's the rare few who might actually use nothing at all. No mods, No macro's. They just play as-is. I'm curious as to how many fall in to that category actually.

Regardless of whether you had a fancy sophisticated bot chipping colossus bricks to build two mag colossuses in a day, or a macro doing it for you, the end result is still the same: you are cheating scum who trivialized something that used to be a fun bro village project

this is exactly why i left the server, 2 fags macroing shit all day.

Fenlaw's alts are fine because he's off in his own dorf cave with his dorf bros.

Guedez, on the other hand, get your shitty 2hu bots out of the middle of town. Put them somewhere out of the way.

naw neither is fine, it trivializes the whole point of the game. if you dont want to put the work in yourself then dont fucking play it

It's a problem when people going about their business are getting their event log blown to hell. There's nothing stopping them, and there shouldn't be on a Holla Forums-server, so I appreciate the ones that have the decency to do their business out of the way.

At least now there's no one using macros on WRC :^)

I'm fine to leave town if it really upsets people that much. I'm sorry that my enjoyment of creating and refining macros on a grand scale like a form of metagame is actually stopping you from having fun.

The town smiths didn't seem to mind the influx of metal, and I got the feeling that the bricks to make the town wall were appreciated aswell. But hey, like I said, if people don't want me around I'll just go build elsewhere. I'm able to have fun even when someone else plays in a way that I don't personally find fun myself.

Theres only two people for each of those factions, because everyone wants to play building simulator.

I find it funny how everyone wanted to be able to lynch niggers on the old server when we first started, but now everyone is just making the new server a safespace autism zone.

Fen don't let one autist push you out of town, I'm sure the majority of us like the extra lumps and bricks.

dude just switch tabs
dude just close your eyes

Well you can't really lynch Fen because he personally makes up half the town

the problem is it makes everything easier, like nigga just go on a 100x 100x server. you people bitched and moaned about a slow gains/timer server to make people gitgud but allow botting a bunch of nigs at once? you dont see the irony there?

Just like how (((we))) wanted to start fresh right?

But I did vote you autist.

Now is this the part where you're going to come up with a retarded explanation as to how a poll getting an amount of votes that is over 4 times the current unique server population is fine?

That's not what he said. He's saying that paols, like the one for the town name which had 87 votes, are obviously being dominated by proxies because there isn't even half of that number of players in the alliance.

I could have fun in this game in the exact same way it the rates were 1/10th of vanilla. Infact, with even SLOWER rates I could come up with even more advanced productions and assembly lines. I could turn the entire mine area into a conveyer system that produces and assembles things as they move along.

I don't give two shits about skill levels or how long things take. I just want more variables so that making the macro's becomes more challenging and entertaining.

Yes, we're both playing IN the same game, but the game we're playing is completely different. I said this before but I can have fun regardless of how other people are playing, but I won't go out of my way to ruin it for other people either.

If you're one of those people that can't enjoy something because someone else is enjoying it in a way different to you, then I feel bad for you.

This implies that you are playing the game.

Getting programs to play the game for you is not playing the game

But he is playing the game.

You're the one getting triggered by it.

So you quoted me, and then went on to say exactly what was in my quote. Yeah that was worth the effort.

We are playing IN the same game. You're playing wurm, I'm problem solving by creating and refining macro's in an endless pursuit of efficiency. Do you also mock speedrunners for not playing mario in the exact same way that you play it?

Does someone writing their own bunnyhopping script to try and break a speedrunning record trigger you because they aren't personally doing the bunnyhopping, even if they wrote the script themselves?

If you are incapable of enjoying yourself when other people are having fun in a way that you don't PERSONALLY find fun, maybe feminist frequency is more up your alley.

The time he spends playing is a fraction of what others do, yet he's exponentially more productive. I don't understand how you can't see the problem with that.

Thanks, jews

All the nigger does is mine and grind religion in a cave a mile away. How is that a problem? At all? Would you rather a couple of unreliable faggots do the mining like how we have with logs?

Exponentially more productive? Certainly. But less time playing? Not a chance.

Furthermore, who is put out by my productivity? If you really feel that the entire MR faction is stacked because of copious amounts of trash iron, bricks and mortar then I guess you're right. It's not like the stacking is because 90% of the active players are on it instead of HoTS.

Other than that, what other issue could there be with my production of raw resources? Did I take your job by mining, or did I steal away your ability to build walls, houses and statues by making bricks?

Someone in the thread said that I trivialized the process of making a colossus. To me, that colossus is a single brick, instead of bitching about it being insignificant why don't you come up with a grand plan that SCALES with that productivity instead.

If your plans are too quick due to all the mats, get a bigger plan and ask the town to spend the same time building it instead. Make the colossus into the equivalent of street lamp.

It's not about my enjoyment. It's about the fact that we're playing in a cometitive envronment. We're playing on a PvP server, and not only are the other factions drastically behind in numbers, you have one guy who's skyrocketing the dominant faction's productivity drastically higher, singlehandedly, through use of third party automation programs

I have a feeling the next response to this will be something along the lines of "there's nothing stopping them from botting as well", but there is. There's only one Fen. Nobody else does what he does to the degree that he does it.

HotSfags confirmed rustled

I don't force the supplies onto anyone. They can simply ignore them entirely, if the town doesn't want the supplies it takes a single action to lock the front door of the dorf fort. Is it suddenly my job to police the rate of progress? People are using the supplies because they want to. If you want different rules get the town to vote for them in-game at primetime so there's no chance of poll-fuckery.

Hell ask a GM, or Richfag if you want specific rules enforced. Have you really just been sitting there stewing about this the ENTIRE time we've been playing? Fuck man, I can macro so that the supplies are immediately destroyed, it wouldn't change a thing for my enjoyment.

Instead you've waited until this point to complain about it, after everyone has used the materials only NOW do you protest. This is like someone choosing not to vote on election day and then complaining that their candidate wasn't elected.

If you want a specific game experience, then make it happen. Don't complain to me like i'm some magical governing body. The GM's manage that shit, complain to them and have them enforce the rules of the server. It'll just be another variable for me to work within thus improving my experience.

You're playing with Holla Forums, stop kidding yourself. If you want "muh competitive gameplay experience", pay for a subscription to the MMO or join a different server. You sound like a buyfag so I'm assuming you have that option.

A surplus of raw materials has no effect on the rate they are utilized. Our smiths and masons are producing at the exact same pace as they would if they were supplied by the minefags from previous settlements, and over half the town's professions do not rely directly on Fen's output.

There's nothing stopping either of the other factions from having their own Fen. You're just lazy.

other people are using the shit you leave in open BSBs so they don't have to do it themselves and using it to make the highest ql armor and weapons the server has seen

Wow it's almost as if fucking nothing has changed.

Hey farmers, stop farming. You assholes keep putting shit in open fsbs so other people don't have to do it themselves. You're breaking muh precious game balance. I love having shortages of raw materials and having to do everything myself, that's the original, fun way to play the game that God intended. We must preserve the sanctity of the stunning Wurm PvP gameplay experience.

Are you some kind of hermitfag or are you just a faggot?

I don't know if anyone cares but if I was actually playing instead of fucking around with serb code, mods and plopping down meme mobs I'd be playing the game exactly like Fenlaw.

Instead of bitching at eachother on a Vietnameese cartoon imageboard why not take advantage of the server being PvP?

I like this idea

Invite some new competition to fuck up

pls no bully

Also, thanks for fixing (or trying to fix) sprouts

and general other .jar fuckups that come standard with wurm

[15:19:07] The server is shutting down in 12 minutes. Reason: Fixing sprouts, backing up. Downtime probably 15m or less.

Thank you for the warnings before shutdown Badmin. This is exactly what we wanted.

There's a difference between relying on a player who mines and relying on a player who uses a macro to do completely it for them.

I think the real solution is to make mining more dangerous so that it isn't just a mindless grind you can easily automate.

Chance of spawning cave bugs, maybe? XD

Just stop.

The difference is that you're playing a multiplayer game with the cooperation of players as was intended. Not the cooperation of a computer that someone set up to play the game for them.

I thought cave bugs already spawned in mines? I know I lost my bull (back when I made the journey to the village and we were absolutely fucking famished for animals) to 3 of them - in a mine where people were working and had dug out the day before.

Mining does spawn cave bugs. As long as it's not a single-width tunnel, it's a viable cavebug spawn. I ran my miners away from a champion cavebug and a few waves of regular cavebugs already.

Who wants to lynch the 2hu characters in the center of town?

Meet at the claypits when the server comes back.

When I increase the max creature count the server spawns right up to the max, it doesn't spawn anything else until something gets killed.

Unless you're crusading, it's unlikely you'll see more things spawning. Even if you crusade that nearby fog spider might get replaced with a cow on the other side of the world :/

>[15:26:52] Badmin if you're there teleport to me and give me a hug, thanks
>[15:28:54] Badmin's gonna leave me hanging :(
He had hope up until the end. RIP Kriegerr

What if I told you I finally understand how modding the server and client works(although you probably already do), and even managed to insert code into the client command line tool?
Soon I will be able to make shit like filtering the event window and so on

Spirit Templars might want to prevent that from happening.

I would say… I hope you're using IntelliJ because it's the only way I managed to get those starting inventory changes to recompile! ;]

I don't suppose you could fly around murdering non-unique shit in the ass-end of the map to try to get it to spawn more nasties near that want to kill us?

What if you made all HOSTILE creatures spawn diseased? Wouldn't that constantly kill them off over short periods of time?

Or would that cause huge server lag as it updates that status on every enemy constantly?

What the game really needs, in my opinion, is the sort've ecology that MMOs were supposed to have back in the UO days. All these cows and horses walking around next to wolves and spiders need to get their shit pushed in.

I remember rolf tried adding this at some point and it didn't go well

i think thats already a feature and can happen but its really fucking rare because the dev is achucklefuck who cant code

Server up, sprouts confirmed growing.

It's up.

IT'S UP

thanks badman

…how did you find Holla Forums?

I can't remember, it's been more than 10 years

I could try, but that shit don't really work as you want it to, you know? they would just kill some cows here and there and nothing else.

If I end up doing this, I tell you, I WILL MAKE FOG SPIDERS ATTACK LITERALLY ANYTHING BUT FOG SPIDERS

Do you really want this shit?

I wouldn't bother.

I can add code to the begining and end of methods without having to recompile, and even replace whole lines (although I don't really understand this feature yet)

Those would be released as mods, just like the mods you have been installing, and not some shitty ".class please replace me" like before

I could try, but first I gotta make some client side tweaks so that I can compete with you neets

Not gonna use this shit on my 3 alts, so I will still be bound by fatigue (just like I already only got 30 minutes of it)

Could you make it configurable? I'd like certain things to remain bros - trolls & goblins, spiders & fog spiders, wolves & worgs, etc.

That might not be a bad thing. Right now everything spawns in huge numbers in a single place. Like somewhere there'll be 200 scorpions in a 15 tile radius and none on the rest of the map.

Some of that was me making Wurm great again on day 1…

You can't even kill a pig in that set as starter, most people dump them as soon as they get anything marginally better, the fuck you on about?

Maybe he connected to the Holla Forums server and got a 30ql leather set with a 50ql longsword

Until yesterday this server started you with 30QL leather armor and a 50QL longsword. Fairly OP right out the gate.

I thought they switched that out

They did, but it was like 6 hours after that post was made

I could try, but don't expect it before next month or something
I like procrastinating more than coding, after all, I do this shit 40 hours a week already

I haven't been playing to keep up, my bad

Would it be possible to mod the serb to allow for the crafting of fences/walls from carts kind of like paving?

YES
Possibly no, I got priorities, but I can look into that too

no mod the possibilty of cart and other transport destructibility

Learn to play holy shit and walk away from the cart to do stuff.

Or get good at actual MICRO SKILLS and use something else to drive the cart for you.

You're right. Let me set up about 15 bots :^)

That's the spirit.

I think I'll just stay inside and NEET it up with skills like fletching and bowmaking.

I have more than ten thousand arrowheads that need to be made into arrows. Get cracking.

get fen to do it

What was

KEK Religion when?

[17:54:44] Rumours of The venerable Kek are starting to spread.
The fucking admin actually spawned this.

An old pig eats a corpse of Hotshead.

rolling
NO 32-BIT WURMLAUNCHER.EXE NEVER EVER NOT EVER NEVER

are you for real?
ffs reinstall your OS to 64bit and be done with it!

user, some people have ancient cpus that can't run a 64bit OS. I'm not sure HOW they're still using them, but some of them are.

remove the GPS and we'll think about it.

AFAIK that thing is client side, so you can remove it yourself.

Other clients must not be able to see it.
Literally cheating.

It is, but there's nothing the server can do about it. Same with compass mods etc. It's all client shit because the client already has the data.

As far as I know, the live map just displays the tiles in the loaded range of the player, so there's absolutely zero ability for the server to stop it from working.

the GPS doesn't show you the entire map either just what's generally around you in like a 30 tile radius I believe. You can't zoom out to the entire map which is like 8000 x 8000

So, what server are you guys all on? Just got the game.

top one

216.245.223.162:3724

Thanks, but it doesn't want to work now for some reason. Just keeps bringing up a command prompt and nothing happens after that. Any ideas?

you might need to allocate more ram to java programs.

I'm using the steam unlimited client not the pirated copy.

Seems to have worked, thanks man

bump

It's dead bro. Only the bots are left, forever chewing their way through the rock.

Even the bots are gone now.

No, it's just that everyone playing is talking in the game rather than shitposting here. I'd say the real population of the server is at ~5-10 people, ~20 counting bots. Anybody who says otherwise just isn't actually playing the game.
Now that pretty much everything for the server is working smoothly, there's not much reason to talk here.

Scratch that, it looks like Fenlaw and his alts left. That's it.

Is this the end of Holla Forums Wurm?

Russki pls go

it's never over, not until MR exterminates all other races we'll see to that first.

I miss you guys. Broshwitchz was the high point.

Wombraider please go, nobody likes you

First Zanzibarland split off from Brosmouth. The people there were still playing but they mostly weren't around town anymore.
Then the Exodus hit, and the long wait for the new map drove the weakest willed off.
Then in the new world the Zanzicucks tried to make their own settlement again, from scratch this time, which failed miserably and caused them to quit.
Then, coupled with monumental lag every night, WRC went down and some people finally had enough and wanted to make their own serb.

It was at this point that we had expecation-cucked ourselves. No one wanted to play on WRC because we knew a Holla Forums-serb was being worked on. This went on for days and some anons got bored and found other vidya to play in the meantime.
Enter the fucking reddit-tier poal spam. Autists vote for fresh start because >muh challenge.
Autists vote for lower skill gain and faster timers because >muh challenge, it'll be faster than WRC, honest :^)
People who didn't want to do all that shit again just to get back to where they were then quit.
Holla Forums-serb with a "temporary" map was put up, people could play while checking into the thread to see the handcrafted map an user was cooking up. Badmin proudly announces NEW MAP TOMORROW. BE AFRAID.
Next day, the new map was corrupted. Haha, you're stuck in this randomly generated hole. People quit.
Skillgain, characteristic gain, and timers are fucked because Holla Forums-admin can't be arsed to test his own bullshit. Spawns shitty meme mobs instead.
Anons later find out one guy got to keep his stats from the old world. The exposed user quits even though chances are most people who were actually in the village weren't mad and were just memeing.
Other anons witness this, proceed to hyperventilate and quit because "0MG FCUKING DRAMA!!!!!"
New anons join the serb, come to the village, set up a small house, and never log in again because they can see this is going nowhere and they are not subject to the gambler's fallacy.
Faggots who don't know how to conduct themselves on a PvP serb (and were most likely looking for an excuse to quit anyway with all the previous bullshit that has happened and play other vidya, because this ride has gone on for long enough) ragequit because they fucked up and got ganked.

Did I miss anything?

You forgot :
>Most of the in game vocal shills for Muh Chalenge quit early on in the new serb hi bear :^)

sunk-cost fallacy, not gambler's fallacy

Seems about right, saving a copy for the future.

God speed, faggot

no, guess again, faggot.

How many people have actually been killed in PVP?

5 to 8? If we're counting trial by combat and duels.

7 i think
shoahstein
verd
vaov
assderp
lucerne x2
gobab x2
daedolon

I never said temporary map, nor is the map random. I was never proud of the new map because I had nothing to do with it. It was corrupted, but I'm the one who discovered it because nobody else had bothered to test.

Post tits or GTFO you whiny bitch.

Is it considered death in PvP if his stupidity was the overwhelming factor? I think he died to PvE more. Hell I'd go on to say he's died the most on the new serb.

and Fenlaw and his alts got shoah'd at one point

That doesn't change the fact that everyone expected us to be moved to a new map from the one we are currently on. You should've inspected the map first before you made an announcement that there was going to be a map change/reset. Either way, it doesn't matter. It's a small snowball in the avalanche of bullshit that's been going on for nearly a month now.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to GTFO.

you forgot libilaismywaifu

I fragged that charlie with bears help day 1

honestly, if the death doesn't show up on the death tab i wouldn't consider it a real fight since that means the victim had under 20fs so that would count out shoahstein, assderp, and daedolon

I'm not taking the blame for that map. I didn't create the map, I didn't create the poll, I didn't see the poll. I dindu nuffin.

Suddenly everyone was clamoring for a different map so I opened the thing locally to create starting areas and it was fucked.

I'll take the blame for everything else but not the autistic map drama.

Well, my macros will be ready for the next time you faggots decide to start again (in 4 or 5 years)

So much defeatism in this thread, if you do anything all day everyday (like most of you fags have been) you'll get burnt out.

The server isn't going anywhere take a break play something else your crops will be here.

I didn't leave the village you retarded faggot, and I'm too busy getting shit done to complain in thread. Honestly I don't even read most of the thread because it's just shitposting about HoTS.

Want me to /vinvite you and we can shitpost, just the two of us? There's one other guy who might be coming on WRC to farm now and then too. Also if you need animals or boats, my boatmaking is almost at 50 and I just started moving animals into a new 22x22 area surrounded by tall stone walls. I built it off of Fort DFC wall.

Anyone else who wants to use WRC but ragequit village, just ask for an invite. Still lag 11 to 1:30 like always and really hasn't gotten any better, but the rest of the day is better.

One last reminder that I did offer to transfer all of the skills myself and the threadfags STILL voted fresh start. Also you forgot that the admin penalized the one he gave the skills to for telling us about it when he never said to keep it secret, by not removing the skill (which the guy himself wanted) but instead lowering his body stats to 10.0 to get "revenge" on him or some shit…which was why he actually quit, I think.

I need to set up some way for people to place smithing orders for me to see while I'm offline.; I don't have any interest in playing all day every day anymore, but the village needs my services at this point in time.

throw away email?

Who's even going to place orders anymore? There was a fucking grand total of 3 of us online just now.

Yeah, I fucked that Burzan situation up. Twice.

Your offer to transfer skills was pretty generous, my offer to give 2 was more sane. But the fresh start seems to be going well.

There were 10 players online before the backup.

fuck you I want a shortsword and large metal shield.

Was referring to MR village, unless the other factions are at the point where they're organized enough for people to be clamoring for blacksmithing.

Jesus Christ, Fen.

I don't give a fuck which God you pray to, I'm always going to need small nails.

I guess you lads will have to live without my aryan horses, after all.

Sweet jesus… how?

You goy could always come back to WRC :^)

The power of macroing the game and walking away, user

How much of a chore is it to get this game running?
I quit my job recently and need something to do with most of my days for a while.

Bear at least twice, day one and day two

I'm moving your aryan horses right now on WRC tbh. Finally got a new grazing area set up with tall stone walls.

And before that, I killed zogbot and Happle.

It took 2 of you to kill me.

You really bragging about killing some mentally handicapped folks?

If that's how you treat your own, then they were already dead inside.

It's really easy.

For the people complaining about the hotshead having a bone:

Since October 2014, they can also be found by digging

I am actually amazed that fen don't have 33 of those

[03:42:29] im afraid you only just missed the grand finale
[03:42:53] we razed the village
[03:43:07] me and the other 3 HOTS, i mean
[03:43:44] goodbye and good luck, goyim

I just surveyed everything, and I don't get what you even did

All you did was kill a couple of animals and take the rare stuff fen mined?

comeon man, give the damage report, I couldn't give two fucks about what you did unless I know what you did.

Why did you even tell that you did something if you don't care to us to know what you did? I bet most of what you took we didn't even knew we had

[08:42:01] Ship building increased to 50
F I N A L L Y

Is anyone else having major problems just getting the game to run?
I start it and almost immediately I drop to ~10 fps and my mouse doesn't work anymore.

Something to do with GLSL in the compatibility settings, try turning it off. Revert if it borks the game.

Dead thread
Dead game

F

Logging into such a built up, empty town is spooky.

How does locate soul works if the player is offline? it detects his last online position?

I don't think it's dead, we've got two developers and a generous benefactor. By this time next year we'll have a 3D low-fantasy Factorio clone.

Which one? The first one on WRC or the second one on the now empty server?

Second one, never going back to WRC.

That didn't work, whatever it is, is apparently completely unrelated to GLSL.

Jebus is a fag and this serb is dead. Might as well go back to WRC at this point

where everyone and their mother is a GM flying with 100QL everything soloing dragons?

Someone post pics of the ruins where Holla Forums's hopes and dreams died.

it's literally equal as it was before, besides a catapult they couldn't use and gobabby's furniture

The fiends also emptied out the contents of my BSB

But they didn't actually take anything from it, as far as I could tell.

Probably didn't fancy lugging all that shit across the map. Niggas should have brought a ship.

Map should have been 32x32 with 1000 islands to have secret pirate bases in and shit.

poor richfag

I managed to sail into port last night after getting lost along the for the past couple days. But now I realize I need to get my hands on a shit ton of rope the next time I play and grinding for wemp has left me with PTSD.

I have some wemp from my farm if you want it user. The past few days I've just been logging on, tending the farm, and logging off. I think I have like 30kg of it or something. More in cotton, of course, but that doesn't help for rope.

I got tired of traveling and set up a makeshift drydock by a cedar forest, and a big supply of natural tar nearby, but I lack the needed rope materials to finish a couple projects. I'll take some, but you can name your price and I'll deliver some goods in exchange.

Meanwhile, I actually want to play and can't because my game goes to 12 fps then crashes.

where the fuck did you get this idea from?

village chat

there's 3 people that have GM powers on WRC that I know of
one is the faggot looking one called michel, the other is the russkie and the third is chrisplaypedo

Does anybody know how to allocate more RAM to the game? Nothing works so far, and if nothing continues to work I'm just gonna quit.

You try messing around with your Java client? Updating it?

Don't really need compensation user. I'll throw you 10kg of it or something. Should be enough for a bunch of ropes.

No, which is weird because all this was just working yesterday.
Absolutely nothing on my computer has changed as far as I know.

Would somebody please tell me what the fuck actually happened? Other than the fact that I apparently have to go back to Doom (original, not jewthesda) since you all cucked out.

the thing people said would happen
Holla Forums as a community can't play with only itself, some are just too much of a dramawhore and have to be a dick towards other people and other just get tired of it
others just get fed up with all the bitching going on about how other people play the game and they too stop playing, and then there's not that many people left playing so another bunch of people drop out due to lack of people to play with and all you have left is the most autismal guy just doing his own thing because he's got nothing better to do

I have spent the last few hours on WRC checking up on things there, fruit farm is coming along and harvested a bunch of camellia for brewing tea

Edit your LaunchConfig.ini

Also make sure you're using 64 bit Java

Check your logs to see why you're crashing

Sadness.

I'm sure I saw these exact words somewhere before, or possibly a post very similar. Except back then it was a warning and right now it sounds like a spot-on description of what I did see happen.

yes, this apparently keeps happening whenever Holla Forums hosts its own server

Solution is simple, we need the normans.

Stick a torrent on kat.cr with our serb's IP, post on 4/v. I'll probably have to do it myself tho.

Wurm adventures always go like this. It's a fundamental design flaw of the game that it gets less interesting and challenging the further you progress.

The times we've played wurm online were the same. Lots of shit going on at first, then a few people drop, very soon after a lot of people drop, leaving a few diehards.

Or you could just go back to WRC, but you won't because you're so emotionally attached to hating it that you can't and won't ever acknowledge how good it was compared to what you have now.

Actually, the problem is exodusfags. You feel the constant burning need to emigrate, bicker, object to something, or be challenged because you don't understand the appeal of sandbox games to begin with.

Want to go on an adventure? Go do it.

Want to get lost in unpredictability and danger for awhile? Take Path of Insanity, strip your gear off, dump your inv, tele to random square and see what happens. Can do it once an hour once you get it, so don't tell me it's not enough opportunity.

The problem is not the game, the problem is that you're playing a game based around building, choosing, and modifying a world when what you're longing for is columnar gameplay that doesn't give you truly significant choices of what to do or when…just variation in method or sequence. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking columnar gameplay, but if you're in denial over it and criticizing sandboxes for not being columnar enough, that's just obnoxious. It's not as if you really ever got into the Epic stuff on the new server, or killed the dragon hatchling on the old server, either.

In sandboxes, the nature of your challenges as individuals and groups change as you improve and level. In columnars and MMORPGs, it's same shit different level, heavy focus on combat and stat blocks. If you want the same types of challenges in bigger varieties as you improve, Wurm can provide that (despite the shitty combat), but you have to seek it out because it's a sandbox, it doesn't knock on your door. Unless you're HoTS, which was made to give MMORPG-fags their little slice of heaven in a sandbox, but no one wanted to be HoTS because it sucks ass, because combat sucks ass in Wurm.

Also the HotShead didn't even touch anything valuable besides our livestock. Step it the fuck up.

Finally got it working, and all it took was completely reinstalling Java, even though have the latest release.
No idea what the lag was actually coming from, but it never seemed to actually make a crash report, it just lagged, then froze, then the game closed.

Our server is basically lag free, backed up daily and has 99% uptime. WRC is a clusterfuck.

Well seeing as I have no one to play with any more, and this project while fun is pointless now. Guess I'm giving up on wurm. Here's the wip version of the map I was making for user's server. I't was fun going all "WE WUZ EXPLORERS AND SHEIT"

It was fun playing with you all, sad to see it all fall apart.

What a shame. I was building boats just for this kind of stuff.

Richfag's server was definitely better than WRC. All it really needed was the Player combat rating modifier set extremely low in addition to the current increased spawn rates. That way every fight, even against cows and chickens would be very dangerous and actually turn into a teamwork activity.

Maybe add some super weak dragons on par with trolls, which at something like a 0.5x combat modifier would be lethal to the entire town. That way they'd still be killable over time AND they'd be an enemy that would pose a threat to walls.

We could've come up with strategies to kill waves of enemies like digging trenches lined with spikes, or setting up siege-weapon towers and having dedicated siege weapon experts firing boulders/corpses into the enemies to slowly whittle them down.

Both servers were still fun to play on, as the community was what made them worthwhile.

I'm still playing, I finally hit iron… I'm making nails.

Can you find me some clay that isn't in MR territory? I'm founding Hotsburg, I don't give a fuck.

My stitches kinda lost there quality over time. So I'd have too look through my raw's of the screen cap's to be able to see the small bit's of clay. It really does look like the only big coastal deposit is in MR territory.

Come on. The city deserves to be founded on looting.

B-but I don't have any combat skills

That's a fucking terrible suggestion. Most people didn't even bother raising their FS above 20. Stupid shit like this, tryharding rates and difficult PvP killed the server.

Like what

Hey faggots, the problems with hotsheads would be easy to solve, even the gaurd kiting. if you made

archery towers

which hotshead are you?

I found a bunch of clay.
If you're willing to deal with some trolls

Back to WRC, then?

I've gone back. It's actually pretty comfy now that a lot of the faggots quit

>Get pm'ed the solution that hots attacked the village and took everything

HOTSheads, there's no need for you to act like women; if your autist with 7 years of wurm experience™ can't win a fight against a sub 10 FS forager and a mountain gorilla led by a 300 ping 12 FS chainsmith, you don't have to call your battered wife to empty some crates and kill some animals, for fuck's sake, you didn't even bother going unlawful or inviting alts over to fuck shit up. thanks for the shekels left in an unlocked tent

tl;dr
GET
O
O
D

No, sore losers quitting killed the server

It was never alive to begin with.

that autist with 7 years wurm experience won a 3v1 against our autist with 7 years wurm experience who macrod his way to priestdom, our best fighter, and our master chef.

also how are they acting like women?

So that places the chainsmith at the top of the bull/cuck chain.

He was smart enough to figure out the way out of this game.
Our best PVEr.
q20 21 meals after being the only one with butcher privileges for a week isnt being a master chef; it's called being an ADHD scrub. Even Guedez can cook better and he was a hermit.

Cant even get near the q5 stone walls with 3~ palisade sections so they tell a battered wife to do the damage, pathetic tbh.

>implying "muh poal results" fags didnt proxy the interest into the dust with constant shilling of fresh starts and autistic rates on what was so obviously a dishonest poal 80 votes when we haven't even had above 60 since late Brosmouth.

Like said, this shit was DOA

Don't forget that whenever there was a crash in WRC, there were mountains of shitposting from (1)s while certain retards in game said "user stop being so paranoid".

Someone has his stats edited up and down faster than the speed at which gobabby changes his job?
Nothing, nobody gave a shit.

What was the goal of this? Datamining? Shitposting? Killing fun?

muh Holla Forums pride ree normalfags xDDDD im le epic r9k

Whoah there buckaroo, I've never advertised myself as anything better than a shitty admin. I warned you faggots from day 1.

Epic vote came in, 29 Yes to 7 Nein.

Well its probably too late for a change like this but atleast it will be easier to bruteforce pegs into my caravel

I think Holla Forums needs misery. We didn't lose players when I was fucking up, we lost them when I stopped fucking up.

I've got great ideas for the future.

Fuck it all up badmin, if we are gonna have low player count might as well be wacky.

you know the player count looks about the same, just missing all those bot and macro alts

This, server actually seems pretty alive, at least for murrikans. Yurops are always twice as spergy so they probably quit, but I'm looking forward to American time

[21:13:33] 10 other players are online. You are on Bane (11 totally in Wurm).
5 of these are HOTS do the math

JK already won.

[21:56:19] You have just received the title 'Reverent'!
[21:52:28] Faith increased to 42

Mfw my farm was nigged and my livestock was killed by a fellow jew

HOLY FUCK LAVA EVERYWHERE

Hey Badmin, I know you're not on, but the animal dens near our base are not spawning anything. We're very sad that we don't get to experience skellington holocausts like the magnons did, please save us

Please don't spawn any more lava, it makes it really hard and challenging for us to play :).

Alright, Shield bash is too OP
Dun use it or bans
Also, PVO is OP, you wanna wreck someones shit, ensure they're online for it.

Fight like men now.

It's the cancer we chose.
Let us bath in it.
Crickets, Dragon tails or whatever, whatever the fuck JK uses, shieldbashes.

Can I load a rowboat into an empty knarr, or tow a boat along behind another boat? I don't see any option to hitch boats with ropes.

Hope you don't have a fear of spiders

where's the gold and silver on WRC?

We never had any. 5 hour smelting trip to bring it back for the collosi.

wat

You have to be fucking kidding me with this
90% of it is in the water, this is horseshit.
What the fuck badmin, I knew you were a badmin, I didn't know you were such a faggot.

of all the things you have done this is the surefire way to end your server

Lava is fucking retarded, reverting world back by two days

any reason to revert my skills and position too?

It was a flat rollback, I'm sorry for your loss.
I've also removed badmins access until things are sorted and explained.

Nigger you better admin-dye my ship bright red the next time you log in to represent how many times on going to ocean-roadkill you

I'll fix your losses once I figure out how to give myself rge ebon wand and set myself as an arch-god.

I can't just play the game like everyone else anymore, So I will fix the damage that the rollback has done, but I don't want a sea of lava anymore than any non Magranon does.

you will de-rollback and manually go un-lavaing everything or you will do small compensations or what?

I'll give you the shit lost

I will just need you to teleport my alts to me and gimme a stone mag altar, anything else I could just deal with somehow

Admin the lava is back suddenly, and how do I contact you ingame

Can you fucking tell me what's going on

Bro, doesn't lava eventually turn back into stone?

his NAME is literally "badmin" for fucks sake

The Fire Rises

not if badmin modded the game to spawn lava, just like happened just now

Alright, the fire should now have stopped rising

Also in the process I found a plethora of random threads from random sites complaining about how shit GTX (server hosts) are.

I've learned the hard way unfortunately

Brother, you need aaaJoeCommon for the concrete mod to work.

He's still in here, and I don't think I can get him out.

Focus on the game instead of your boyfriend for a minute.

On a serious note, holy shit Richfag, you reverted the server 2 days and didn't back it up first?

That was totally unnecessary.

Don't be a tremendous faggot next time, and other people won't have to clean up your mess and your memes.

thanks for making the game significantly less fun on purpose, I guess this is what happens when you stop sucking cock for 10 minutes

kill yourself my man

maybe in any other game but Wurm, it was not made for that, it just don't work

the lava is still here

Meanwhile on WRC, life continues on much as it always has

Badmin I'm going to find you.

Make it work.

Excellent.

I'm glad you're comfy.

I'm the worst admin, you've probably already backtraced my IP.

Welp, I'm out. It's been fun, fellow goyim.

If anyone busts down the gorilla rehab center wall you're welcome to the two babby horses(and, well, everything.)

Open a ticket, I'll give you what you lost.

the servers down

can you give my time back?

Goddamnit Richfag.

…yes?

can you give me a server that actually is full of 40+ autists again before we fucked everything up?

when you are at it, give me my dreams back too

You faggots chased Fenlaw away ;[

Am I going to wait out this out or something? All I want'd to do was go somewhere else and start new. Now rollbacks and even faster lava spread?

Glorious benefactor decided to put his admin hat on because he's a lavaphobe.

So far he's managed to roll everyone back 2 days and nuke the server twice.

And you thought I was bad.

The lava is still worse, it doesn't work well in the game. Seeing as submerged lava still does full dmg to any one on top even if it's 300 feet below you.

Reimu and Fenlaw made up AT LEAST 10 characters just between the two of them

Water based lava will be a cataclysmic fuckup which will prevent normal use of teh server for the foreseeable future

A rollback is a one time problem which can be resolved by business as usual

I'm sick of running from my problems, palming them off to someone else…

I'm going to get this right.

WRC is restarting for ore redistribution. Downside, our current mines are kill. Upside, ore less scarce with new system and all items should appear on the surface at the same coords as they were in the mine.

Thank you, we were actually trying to escape it last night thinking it was localized but then sleep summoned us.

I had Guedez (main with no combat skills)
Reimu (mag priest with combat skills), due to being the character with combat skills, I was more active on it than the main
Marisa (vyn follower with no other skills)
Sanae (fo follower with no other skills)
NotDisclosed where I store my precious items safely in the offline

You never even tried.

Just turn that shit to stone.

Why half-ass it though?

It was happening in real time. This is where we were going.

this shit don't work in wurm, there are no means to move through lava besides fucking path of hate or something

bridges

Yeah I realized after making it.

Don't they require a guy on the other side to plan it?

i've not tested it but because of the way wurm's psuedo "3d but actually 2d" works, i doubt you could walk on a bridge over lava without dying especially since riding a boat over lava that is underwater 300ft below you will kill you

even if prediction is wrong, how you'd make the bridge to begin with? how do you get to the other side?