When's the last time you've actually bought a game at full price?

When's the last time you've actually bought a game at full price?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n74Zag34pp0
mangafox.me/manga/kimi_shi_ni_tamou_koto_nakare/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You mean to tell me you haven't bought a video game at full price ONCE?

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Mainly since I'd generally heard good things about the PS2 version in the past, aside from it having a lot of slowdown, and Leifthrasir essentially being a definitive release with extra content, high quality graphics, and having both updated and classic modes as far as gameplay goes.

I don't buy many games new at release at all (which has been nice on my wallet; I'd generally rather be patient and stretch that $40-60 into 3-4 games with some patience). Mostly spend my time playing older stuff I've found cheap, or that's emulatable on my PSP or Wii. Only two more confirmed games this year I'm all that interested in; possibly just one, depending on how the publisher handles the translation work for one of them.

Dragon's Crown and Torchlight2. Most other current games don't interest me much, or have retarded anti customer practices. There is enough good vintage titles that I missed their first time around that could last me a lifetime if I want to go through them.

>ask brother to buy me moe chronicles and stranger of sword city special edition

Imported Asian English Cyber Sluts a few months ago, because fuck buying digital games.

that bad? i bet they will release a dlc with the true ending

deep down you know it will be full of ebin memes, you cant learn moonrunes its nier automata?

this is way better bro
youtube.com/watch?v=n74Zag34pp0

GW2.

Never again am I buying a game, at least one made in the west.

Probably some AA game, at some point within this year, so not full $60 price, but full price the game was sold at.

Can't tell you which, as I buy games like women buy shoes.

Yeah, the game's alright until the point where you get to the last two endings. Basically the big twist is a circular timeline and a retcon. Phi is Sigma's daughter, which creates a circular timeline as her brooch comes from herself, also Brother dindu nuffin with radical-6, he just wanted to save the world from a threat that comes out of fucking nowhere and is never elaborated upon.
I wouldn't even fucking mind a DLC that made good on the setup, I'll take kikery over this.

damn that sounds aweful, forget about a dlc, that shit means another game next year, if the game sold enough.

blops 3 because it looked legit fun and I have a lot of disposable income

Pretty good all in all but the PC performance is a bit ass and despite the PC only balance fixes you'll still be king of the TDM world with a crowbar.

Hearts of Iron 4. I miss sperging out about the OOB like I could in HoI3, but otherwise I'm happy with it.

about a year ago.

Drakengard 3. Yes, I regret it.

Lemme give you some rationality inb4niceblog: I played the first Drakengard game not long after it was released. I was about 14 at the time. The gameplay was okay (I had played Dynasty Warriors 2 prior and enjoyed it well enough) but the atmosphere, characters, music, story and narrative blew me away. I had never seen a game that handled such disturbing themes and such unrelenting hopelessness like Drakengard. Now, don't get me wrong, I would not say that Drakengard is a "good" game (decent for a budget title, maybe), but I find it to be absolutely fascinating. The branching pathways and endings were especially impressive to me. I ended up passing over the sequel because I heard it was shit, but then I heard people praising Nier. I played that… 4 years ago, I want to say? I loved it. It wasn't as dark and twisted as Drakengard, but it told a very heartfelt story and held nothing back. And not only that, the gameplay was a massive step up from Drakengard.

So, next comes Drakengard 3. Now, I wasn't expecting Nier. I was expecting Drakengard and, theme-wise, that's sort of what I got. I have no problems with the characters, atmosphere or story, but the gameplay is abysmal. How can a game more than a decade old be more fluid to play than a new PS3 game? The answer is that ACCESS games shouldn't be let near the action genre, but I digress… The game is such a chore to play and it's a real shame, because everything else is great. And even worse, I don't believe it would be the same if it wasn't a game. Yes, I know that sounds pretentious, but the branching paths are a big part of the Drakengard games to me. I suppose you could do it with a VN or something, but that audience participation is very important.
A remaster for PC or a modern console would be swell. Even with stable 30fps and maybe less padded out levels would be more bearable. What a fucking shame. I didn't even mention the localization….

revelator

maybe uniel too if the netcode turns out to be good

poverty fightan tends to have poor player retention, so you kind of have to buy it full price if you ever want to play anyone rip yata

like clockwork

>>>Holla Forums

What exactly did I post that was Holla Forums related?

I think Hyrule Legends for the 3DS.

Rule the Waves just a week or two ago. Before that War for the Overworld (a mistake). Before that I preordered GW2.

In last last 5 or so years I've only bought dominions 4 and DD:DA at full price.

Unfortunately my main computer died shortly after I bough DD so I haven't been able to beat it. Dom4 is really worth it if you're willing to spend the time to look into learning the game.

I pirated hoi 4 and was pretty disappointed in it. Other than the new production systems everything took wide leaps backwards.

I might buy later on. I did enjoy the little bit I played, despite not knowing anything about modern naval combat, but at least there aren't any torpedo bombers around to make my day harder.

Age of Empires II…. i know.

arent all the Yoko Taro games all shit or average except for the story?

Don't you know, they are "flawed gems" user, get on with the times.

Yeah, they don't play well, but they sure give you a reason to slog through them at least. Maybe Taro should have been a mangaka, but then we'd all be clamoring for a Drakengard or Nier game.

yeah,he should make comics or cartoons, i would play those games if it didnt have all those problem like translation and gameplay.
Was hyped with Nier Automata, it looked like fun, until they said that 8-4 was going to translate localize it
i cant learn moonrunes

Cant remember but ive been debating buying zero time dilemma

There's probably some parallel universe where Berserk is the one getting kinda eh games and Nier is the one we're slavishly waiting for chapters for.

That would also mean a Nier Warriors. That'd be awkward.

Hell if I know.

I bought Civilization: Beyond Earth and its expansion Rising Tide at full price after each of their releases.

Also FFXIV. Don't remember which came first.

I almost bought Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII this week.

Luckily I had just bought Gundam Breaker 3 at full price.

It's either Devil's Third or The Phantom Pain.

I regret both purchases.

I buy every Senran Kagura game at release, except for Estival Versus because I fucking forgot about it and only just remembered a few days ago.

It was fun, and I feel it was worth it.

I bought SPORE for full price on release day.

Never again.

Me too, user. Six years I waited for that game, and it wasn't even the game I wanted.

Hotline Miami 2

Dark Souls 2 was the last time I paid full price for a game.

Overbotch at $40, Atelier Shallie if we're talking about full retail console prices.

Black Ops 3
Deluxe Edition

Elder Scrolls Online
It sucks unless you play with a friend, but nobody wants to play and I have no video game friends

I bought Liru the moment it came out.

Probably Monster Hunter 4U
and in 7 days it will be Monster Hunter Generations.

Team Fortress 2 right before Gold Rush

No regrets, nigger.

It is fun

Late response, but no. Exist Archive is the game, being handled by Aksys.

8-4's an odd case. Whether they fuck up seems entirely dependent on the company that hires them and if said company gives a shit about the game in question. While they did decent enough with Nier, after Drakengard 3 I'm pretty sure Square gives no shits about what they do with it, and supposedly Taro doesn't either. Not like I have a PS4 to even play it on at this point, or anything anyhow.

It says a lot when a disappointment is your favorite game of the previous year.

Elder Scrolls Online

I even bought it on launch day, no regrets

I loved Drakengard also, fully upgraded every single weapon, loved how each had their own little story or information you get with each level.

I rented Drakengard 2 from my local blockbuster and went
Flavors of anime because Japan.

When Drakengard 3 came out I watched videos and deduced:
>Oh, they made otaku pandering filth because of course they made otaku pandering filth.

Where once was a dark toned game with in-game isometric viewed cinematics between dark tones pre-rendered cinematics there was instead:
Understandably not exactly because of who they are so much as the dialog they have to work with.
All the swearing with the cringy banter and the very japanese cinematography culminating into this repulsive fucking anime game.
Should have been Dark Souls themed Musou and was instead far far from it.

Worth its price, so no regrets. One of the finer CRPGs in a decade.

Skyrim, 2011.

AssCreed 4: Black Fag
It's a actually just assassins creed with boats and shanties, surprisingly fun but it fell to the ubisoft's trademark difficulty for being too easy after your progress enough into the game, the story is shit like always and I especially hate it when they force you out of the animus / your boat and do the assassin related missions. The boss ships were OK and was only a mild challenge. And let's not forget the combat is still casualized button mashing, with the ship combat only faring slightly better. I dislike that you don't interact or do missions with the pirates as much as they are advertised. Why can't it have another friggin storyline where you pretty much abandon the assassins and just continue on pirating the hell out of the Spanish and Brits? Why can't I use the ships I got from boarding? and why can't I give my sailors raise for singing so good?
I really wished it wasn't an AC game though, the only memorable characters in it was the pirates and the pirates only. And if they didnt turn it into an AC game I could have imagine this game will be like that cancelled pirates of the Carribean game

MGSV

It still hurts

Play the fucking game first. The english translation is a damn mess though.

I think it was good value.

Oh that's easy, just last week I-
Uhh… Yakuza 5?

Portal 2 I later regretted that, so five years ago.

PULSAR : Lost Colony

Well guess what ?mangafox.me/manga/kimi_shi_ni_tamou_koto_nakare/

Skyrim.
I should have known better after Oblivion.

last one I bought at full price was Pony Island, that indie game that came out last year where Satan is a shitty indie dev torturing the souls trapped in hell with his shitty indie game. fell into the 2deep4U/deepest lore/meta commentary category, also kind of a puzzle game with programming puzzles. it was decent, not great, but not terrible either.

At least I didn't buy it at full price, I got it second-hand a few days after release for 25€

I pre-purchased it and preloaded it to play it at midnight.
In the end I wasn't disappointed that much, it's a disgusting RPG, but it's an okay action game.

No it isn't. It's awkward and clunky as fuck, it feels better than Oblivion, but that's not an impressive achievement.
I have no idea why normalfags love the game so much,

I think it may have been DMC4SE at 25 smackers.

Never because I am not a faggot, I always buy my vidya at least two years after it is released and physical copies if possible, even if that means I buy cracked vidya on disks from Russians. I only put up with DRM like Steam for games with multiplayer and that is usually just for f2p shit.

Payday 2. And to cite a few others Guild Wars 2 and Tortanic.

Bought the Witcher 3 two days after it came out, don't regret it one bit.

I think EDF 2025 for the 360. Don't regret it even knowing there is a new version on an overpriced bluray player which I'm waiting on for PC.

For the record I would have paid full price for the PC port of Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen no questions asked. Might have waited if it wasn't already a low price at launch though.

Medieval 2 Total War, 2006

Probably WASTED.

Thirteen wingwangs for twenty-eight hours of reasonable fun doesn't seem too bad for me.

Probably NTW in 2010. It's was a good game but I haven't played it since I stopped using Steam. No game can be worth having that vile piece of shit on my computer.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix

Worth it for the Japanese audio option

Pokémon Omega Ruby AND Alpha Sapphire for 3DS. It was before 3DS piracy was a thing and there was a birthday involved. The only other games I've payed full price for were Sm4sh, Portal 2 and S T A R B O U N D. I'm pretty sure those are the only games I've ever payed full price for and I rarely spent more than $10 on a game, which were the excuses I gave myself. I can't fucking imagine paying $60 for every AAA game that comes out and I even know someone who does.

WHERE IS IT PQUBE

probably FFXIV

Atelier Sophie, Odin Sphere, and I want to buy Star Ocean now but my wallet is spiting me right now.

I hate being an autistic unemployed nerd.

I bought GTAV for PC, because my coworker talked me into doing heists with him.
Otherwise, I can't think of a single one in the last several years.

Probably Majora's Mask 3D

Although its pretty easy to get a discount for brand new games these days.

Six months ago. I will be getting Odin Sphere Leifthrasir soon. Also OSL > Dragon's Crown.

I don't remember.
But I remember the last pre ordered game, BF3.
fuck ea

Battlefield: Never Again edition

First pic is the last game I paid full price for.
Second pic is the next game I'll pay full price for.

God damn that's a nice premium edition!

Dragon's Dogma when it launched on PC back in January. I actually played a pirated version before it officially released, then bought it after playing for an hour or so.

Before that? I don't even remember.

MGSV

I dropped before finding Quiet, it's not bad though, I'm just too lazy to walk to my x360 and boot it.

metal gear rising

whenever road rash 2 was launched

How is ZTD ?
I enjoyed 999 but didn't play VLR since it's a bit expensive.

It's worth playing and has a lot of high points, but it's the weakest in the series.

I actually can't remember and it feels good.

Grand Kingdom 4 day ago after playing the demo and really liking it. I don't really regret it.