Pokemon GO: Cyclical Thread

Now you'll never get rid of us!

Let's enjoy Pokemon's current gaming experiment and play this human trafficking simulator to the max.

Who are gonna be your mains?
What Pokemon have you found?
What Pokemon do you WANT to find?
Are you level 5 yet?
What gyms have you gone to?
What areas in your town ARE gyms?
Have you been to a PokeSpot?
Have your eggs hatched?
What team are you on?
Have you gotten shanked by cracked out niggers yet?
Are you gonna use this to troll people IRL?

Lastly, what are your hopes for future updates?
So many questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanke
andyroid.net
ingress.com/intel
decodeingress.me/ingress-manual/links/
reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/1gbpx7/when_will_we_have_the_first_ingressrelated/
reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/2chqxp/assualt_over_ingress/
youtu.be/ajcHs4z5wG8
archive.is/S0MfA
m.apkpure.com/pokémon-go/com.nianticlabs.pokemongo
mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go
support.ingress.com/hc/en-us/articles/218140587-When-will-my-Mission-Portal-be-approved-
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm waiting until the servers stabilize. I'm tired of the servers shitting themselves halfway through my walks.

i wish there was an offline mode for this that just used the GPS

You can't even do any pokemon battles with wild pokemon. You just throw pokeballs at em.

Plus you can't even battle other people unless you're at a gym. AND "battling" consists of tapping a single attack, instead of using different moves.

And you can't even make your own team rocket or anything either.

I was open to seeing if this was worth playing, but its just shit.

Not gonna give them a single fucking penny.

Even the cash shop currency is fairly easy to get if you put pokemon in gyms whenever you can.
The only people who would have to spend money to play this are people who live in rural areas with no pokestops, except that pokemon density is also shit in those areas so they're just fucked.

So, whats the best use of your resources (dust, candy etc.) and is it best to power up first then evolve or evolve then power up?

I heard you get stronger pokemon at higher level, so is it worth it to spend dust to get some more xp at the first few levels?

I joined the Blue Team because fucking EVERYTHING around here is a red gym.

I live in the 417 if anyone is nearby. I have a Raticate in Drury. The ONE Blue gym around here.

What color is your region?

Is it better to choose the less popular color so I can challenge more gyms and have less competition when placing my Pokemon in a Gym?

If I walk around the tall grass near the woods I find plenty of Pokemon. Just seriously low on pokeballs and gyms.

Only power up once you've fully evolved a pokemon.
The vast majority of your XP gain is from catching (which doesn't use your pokemon at all) so there's no reason to power up early. It's trivial to get something like a Raticate up to a good enough power level once you're level 5 and ready to take on gyms, shitters around here are throwing tons of sub-100 CP pokemon into gyms.

Please stop reminding me this exists, my shitty meme phone won't run it.

Caught this little cocksucker a while ago.

Pretty neat.

You aren't missing anything, its generic freemium mobileshit with the absolute worst battle system you would imagine in a pokemon game ever. I honestly don't understand why they couldn't have just gone with the typical 4 move tap to choose thing but they decided to go full auto trading hits. You literally do nothing. Any input you have is absolutely pointless.

I'd say it was amazing its receiving so much attention on this board, but its pretty obvious at this point that its astroturf marketing. The game is as deep as a puddle, and that is being generous.

It's bland as fuck, yes.
I'm only playing it because it's "in" right now and it gives me an excuse to go outside other than work, food or booty.

This is currently my most powerful Pokemon.
I'm gonna purge the blue filth.

I find it funny you keep making threads about it then as if there is something to actually discuss here.

That seems more like a Snorlax name, honestly. I went with Ted Cruz for my Raticate.

This is fucking great

You are alk gonna drop this in ~2 weeks like Miitomo.

True, but there are many other threads active with MUCH less substance.

At least this exists compared to the other wishful thinking some threads have.

wow, there goes free speech

Ok. And?

Be mad with me friends.
What Pokemon have you missed?
Did you ever run into a dense poke-spot area, and none of them would load? No grass near your house?

For me, all of the above. I missed a fucking Bulbasaur (starter was Squirtle). I walked in the blistering heat for a while trying to find it, I'm so pissed that fucker just ran off.

Almost to level 5, will hit it easy tomorrow, aint getting stabbed tonight. How close do you have to be to a gym to interact with it? Within the range you have to be for a pokespot or as long as it's on screen?

Have fun being stabbed by some nignogs just because a gym so happens to be in blacksville.
Also,

It's the same range as a pokestop.

While mobile is actually cancerous, whens the last time it did something significant to the industry?

I'd say that DLC and unfinished games and shit is worse

fuck

I'm stuck between choosing red or yellow. I hear red might be oversaturated right now so I'm not sure.

Hah! It is! The blue gym that was around me got taken over by another dude

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanke
wew
Enjoy having you mobile being used as a recon device while you look for fictional animals m80s

If it weren't for the Pokemon name this shit would have faded into obscurity immediately.

I don't even see a game in this.

I am honestly amazed that there are actually people on Holla Forums who bought this shit and are shilling it. Have we fallen so low that we're now supporting this kind of mobile crap?

it's free

Now I really do hope you get aids you fucking Pokeanons.

When its freemium you might as well be paying for it, otherwise you'll always be a weak peasant compared to the faggots who pay and get the bonuses. Piece of crap ain't worth it.

I need a flying terrorist to station there. Which best represents that? Fearow?

I give it a week before everyone abandons this shit "game".

Voltorbs, Electrodes and Koffins

electrode

Oh yeah, that's much better. I must find an Electrode.

I tried it out because I can't fucking poke my head out anywhere among casuals without hearing about it. I'm excited about the concept, because I've wanted something like this for years, but it's a mixed bag and feel like a neet rehabilitation program. I finally decided to install it when I was fapping on chaturbate and inbetween choking on her dildo the performer when asked "Where's your boyfriend?" because she was supposed to take a load on cam that night she said "He's probably late because he's playing Pokemon Go." It's got THAT level of saturation already.

So I installed it on my shitty old iphone. I gotta figure out how to unlock this thing so I can put my shitty walmart family flipphone cell plan into it, I mostly just use it for podcasts and when my computer's loading. I loaded it up and it crashed right when the starters showed up. Couldn't get back in for an hour.

Just logged back in picked Squirtle. Man, that took me back. Then it asked me to put on my webcam, and I felt ashamed of my filthy apartment. When I finally found Squirtle hoping in mid-air in front of my front door, I felt like apologizing for the state of the place. I got him and felt a surge of joy, then was immediately annoyed to discover all my usual screen names are already taken.

Then I started walking around my apartment getting notifications that the GPS wasn't working and realized I was going to have to step outside to get something else. According to the bit in the corner, my area has Paras, Rattata, Doduo and Cubone. Sounds about right. I guess my dog's going to get go to on some long walks soon, assuming I can get the phone unlocked right.

The two closest Pokestops appear to be parks. I was planning some road trips, and this seems like it would be fun for that if not for the fact that I'll be driving, and presumably using the app precludes me from using google maps at the same time.

Spoiler Alert user: You are the pleb.

Hah somebody is reluctantly enjoying themselves

you can't actually buy anything particularly good (potions and revives only come from the pokestops, stardust only comes from catches and gyms, candies only come from catches/transfers, all of these are free), and you can get the cash shop pokeshekels for free by parking your pokemon in gyms
you can buy pokeballs but if you live near pokestops you will have more than you need anyway
the only thing i can see providing an advantage are the extra incubators (you get one with unlimited uses for free, you only need to buy them if you want to hatch more than one egg at once) but if you have a decent income from gyms you can buy them with that
they cost 150 pokeshekels and have three uses, you get 10 pokeshekels per pokemon in gym per day for free

again, the only people who would ever even need to consider paying for anything in this game are people who don't live near gyms and pokestops, and the game is not worth playing at all for them because they're missing most of the gameplay

So

or people who don't have android in-app purchases manager. who the hell pays for microtransactions in poorly made games?

It's lazy, it's buggy, it's grindy, it's a garbage game on all accounts, but fuck if it isn't one of the best times I've had just exploring my state.

Not believing that without verification, seems unlikely as hell

theres no pokemon in the hood :(

scrafty and mankey

and jynx

Yeah I heard something like that as well, apparently the company that made the app was really ban happy on their other game too

Fake as fuck.

Don't believe this, it's only fear mongering.

Look at this shit, I started at noon ish today and it's only 6pm

my rocket career begins now

Son I believe you are triggered
I toyed with calling him Templeton as well

Holy shit.
How.
Fucking how.
I barely get TWO within a quarter mile radius, how the hell do you get more than 15 not even a block away.

I'm envious, I got one friend, but the cunt doesn't have data.

I felt like a kid again.

Is it worth being shanked?
How many pokeballs do you get in a Pokespot?

3 to 6 usually.

Drive to a busy place with a bunch of shops and keep driving around that area and you'll get 100+ easy.

Just visit a university my man.

What designates a pokestop. I live in north east ohio and there's jack shit.

Nothing but pidgeys and a rattata or two. I've cycled like a mile two and fro and can't find shit.

Meet up with a group of people from facebook

Old highschool friends but it was nice to get together with everyone and get out of the house for once.

I can't believe I never thought of going to the zoo to steal animals and force them into combat. I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Im honestly hoping they fix this shit….. like seriously

Some sort of landmark, I'm not sure how they determine them but I've seen them for the oddest shit like rusty 'art' pieces.
There's a stop that designates my apartments, and I can walk like 25 feet outside my room to hit it.

HELP

Update, kind of enjoying this now. I guess where they pop is kind of random.

You want community places like parks or baseball fields. My local park has them all along its path. Almost every bench is dedicated to something.

THERE ARE ZERO GYMS AND OR ANYTHING WHERE I LIVE

Also why didnt they keep a battle system but instead replace it with a flick pokeball system and thats it… so lame, it would have been nice if you could rest 6 hours to heal your pokemon, use item, and have to actually fight to catch pokemon or fight in gyms.

Is this app trying to tell me to clean my apartment?

Just laying in bed I've now caught a Pidgey, a Venonat, a Rattata, a Pinsir and a Sandshrew. Wish I'd bump into the Abra I just saw as being nearbye though.

What's the name of the movie in that gif?

Hobo with a Shotgun.

==IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
T
'
S

O
K
A
Y

W
H
E
N

N
I
N
T
E
N
D
O

D
O
E
S

I
T

Thanks bro.

Has anyone found an emulator that'll play this game?

Been out all day playing this damn game. Got more exercise done today than i've done in years.

I hate the buggy as fuck connection and the fact that there's no offline way to play, you HAVE to be connected to the internet constantly, and the GPS detection sometimes fucks itself, and the red menu covers the option to even log off properly and reset it

andyroid.net is likely your best bet.

I'd be interested to see how you'll get around the GPS requirement.

It's not random, they are all ingress portals.
ingress.com/intel
All this game is, is a ingress clone with the same map with less portals and the same questionable decisions. Gym combat is dull and heavily favors level. Pokemon follow the XM algorithm so the more cellphones in an area the more spawns. Poke centers favor places annoying tech yuppies go and ignore everyone else. Your completely fucked if you are rural.

The game is split into 3 factions which might prevent the enlightenment vs resistance drama that happened, but there isn't any real incentives to give a shit about your team because their is no zone control.

The UI is still bad, why can't I bulk transfer pokemon?

I guess it's something to do, but right now it just seems half finished. Normalfags are going to love it because Pokémon and they have never even thought of geocaching games so the concept is novel to them.

How to unfuck this game
* Health should refill from steps. Give it a slow speed so you can sell healing items still, but there needs to be a passive way.
* We need to be able to see other players even if it's an 'after image' that doesn't move. Use this for dueling in the world.
* Trading and fighting friends. Enough said
* Replace combat, the reason we have this stupid system is so multiple people can join up to fight a gym. I don't care how it's done combat needs to either feel much more 'responsive' or it needs to go back to being turn based. XMP bursting is more fun and intuitive than the current system.
* Massive rebalance of rural vs cities. If you are in a rural area you can't play right now. This game was based on ingress which means it's only made for San Francisco. Everyone else is an afterthought. There is such a simple solution to this problem I don't know why they didn't do it. Make pokemon away from cell traffic rarer. People in cities get tons of items, people in the country get rare pokemon. Combined with a trade system it makes small towns actually worth something.

The more experience I have with anything out of the bay area, the more I can't wait for the quake to come and kill every last one of them.

Spoof location, it happened all the time in ingress. Just keep movement speed between points reasonable.

Ok cool I did find a few down one of my roads that has a lot of tourist spots. What get's me is that the local park has jack shit. Also all of the pokemon I've ever encounter so far have only spawned at my house.

Oh and the AR doesn't work. Though I'm using the oldest OS that this game runs on.

Oh man, you gotta tell me about that.
I had ingress for about a few days on my phone some time back, but deleted it because I couldn't get anywhere.
What happened between enlightenment and resistance?

It's actually way easier to catch pokemon with it turned off anyway; it makes the camera lock on to the pokemon.

found a charmander in my garage

This board is dead

Problem with that is that falsifying gps on a device is quite easy.

How was this not posted yet?

In San Jose, there's a kids park/zoo called happy hollow right down the street from my house
It is fucking loaded
Likewise, San Jose state and downtown are massive stop centers

Me and a friend ran into strangers all day, said introverted friend actually started up a conversation with stranger girls, all thanks to this game
A true robot, who only came out of house for this game, is having fun meeting people, because of this game

Don't buy the shit sure, this is less a game and more a social phenomenon like StreetPass etc. except far more focused

If I play this game, will I be able to lure prepubescent children into my shed to "battle"?

It's buggy as shit, the catch system is meh, the combat sucks balls, but I haven't walked outside for this long in years. If I end up sticking with it then this game might actually get my fat ass back into a respectable shape.

I was thinking, it's not going to be long before we see an expose on the potential for it being used like that. I saw someone mention in a post earlier someone setting up a lure something or other at a baseball field, and I thought "What does a lure do? Would it make my location permanently attract more pokeymans? Maybe I'd drop a couple bucks to pay for something like that. …But then that would look weird, because I'd be creating a spot that lures other players to my apartment."

I'm sure it doesn't work like that. If it did people would be sneaking onto all sorts of private property to create such spots as a prank.

How long before someone tries to go Pokemon hunting at Area 51?

Please stop making threads before page 13

thank you

Maybe you shouldn't derail the thread :^)

Careful moving about the city, could be chimpouts. You play Dragon's Crown?

welcome to the mobile age my friend

I've actually heard a pretty interesting conspiracy, that this would actually be used to get images of areas the NSA wants to spy on.

Like spawning pokemon where political dissidents live, etc.

I mean, this IS a google game after all. Then again it could just be a secret neet rehabilitation game sponsored by the japanese government.

That doesn't fully explain it. I see it as a combination of:

All these Holla Forumsirgins have been drawn to this, and since the board has no real quality standards we get to play host to these losers.

Fucking shit.
I know i can just get the apk, but would that mean anything gameplay-wise? Will my area have no unique pokemon? Would it have no gyms?

I don't think I have a copy on PS3. Thank you for the heads up user.

Cemeteries. Autistic Ingress players have marked every single interesting plaque or marker as a portal. There is a cemetery near my work that has two gyms and at least 15 pokestops. And you can drive through it.

What they need to do is make it relatively difficult to catch good pokemon in cities, then heavily populate rural areas with pokemon. Keep the pokestops the same, that way city players have some kind of advantage, rural players have an incentive to visit cities and city players have an incentive to go rural, which is what they want anyway. And then, also in rural areas, add random item drops that appear like Pokemon do, just like how you'd find random items in the games, to compensate for the wildly inconsistent allocation of pokestops. The XM algorithm is a terrible metaphor for how Pokemon work.

I did hear of some people saying that they saw water Pokemon pop up when it rained, so maybe they're thinking more about making it less XM-based.

I guess I have a farm or something for candies

Fucking seriously?!

Dubs names this eevee i will soon evolve.

i haven't powered him up at all. Best wild eevee ever

so how many of you just bought 5 powerbanks off ebay?

Powerbanks?

Spare charges for your phone battery. user has a good idea, actually.

WE WUZ TELEPORTAZ N SHIEEET

prepare for cheap teleporter hacks in a few weeks

eat shit poketards lmao

I love pokemon as much as the next 29yo and I'm buying sun but this is mobile garbage. If you want to talk about pokemon mobile shit take it to /pokemon/ you guys are going to bring even more cancer here look at what happened with Holla Forums we can't stoop low to mobileshit, next we'll have a front page full of app store discount threads

or… and listen to me here bud
we'll keep discussing video games on the video games board, and since this isn't tied to the mainline pokemon series and has a completely different playstyle and likely a different audience, it's better to talk about it here than the dedicated mainline pokemon board

Well that can't be good…

I can confirm this.

Holla Forums is going to shit, yesterday I got banned for no reason

Kill yourself, retarded mod.

I think it's alright. It's a fun little thing to include in your walks. Maybe if you guys actually spent time outside you'd understand it. It's not supposed to replace the main games.

Hey, commie kike, here's an idea - make this thread recycling. And make it pokemon general or something. And don't allow any other pokemon threads to be made.

This would be better than allowing board spam.

Yea some areas have none and some have a shit ton, I wonder if anyone will figure out how it exactly works.

Its butt fuck retarded in that my sister managed to catch a bunch while we were walking together yet I never encountered the same pokemon she did despite being right next to her. I swear there might as well be an encoutner rate. One oddity I did notice though is that the locator had slightly different results it seems. My phone registered the a pidgey in one direction while hers pushed towards another. Neither of us found that pidgey though oddly enough. I've legitmently caught more pokemon sitting at home so far than I have walking around.

I live in the city and I find that hard to believe.

I think the XM algorithm is somewhat in there but I think it's a mix of things. I went with a pal to go find some Pokemon and we would encounter the same but the locator would show somewhat different results. I was on Iphone and him on Android, I think Pokemon are somewhat server based but some only show personal.

That sounds legit. I'm running Android while my sister has an Iphone.

How does it feel to exercise in years you fat mobileshit Pokebleb?
At least its less time you spend banning people for minor shit in your never ending quest to kill this board and make it Reddit 3.0

From what I can tell, there are hot spots where pokemon spawn. They're based either on cellphone usage Niantic bought or on wi-fi signals. Either each hotspot has a cool down or each account does. Either way, if you're sitting at home you can hit up the same spawn points about every five to ten minutes. If they server is fucked, monsters won't spawn.

Can this game make fatties unfat?

So what's up with the rumors about Niantic possibly blocking the server access to people from countries who got the app through unofficial methods?

I've seen a bunch of articles since yesterday, none of them citing sources.
Asking specifically for _Mexico__. I've been hesitant about playing this shit too much only for opening the app one day and no longer having access to it.

To be fair, competitive pokemon is an absolute joke, and this game is the closest we have to an official pokemon MMO at this point.

Pajeet used Deluge!

Ingress was(is?) pretty popular, and it had even less gameplay than this. So much for fading into obscurity immediately.

They'll never do it mang, it's just some nice fearmongering to make people stop using too much server space. I mean just think about it, everyone who was going to play it at launch already got it, if they were to ban who broke the day1 who will be left to play it?

Aitchayevee

One of the spots around where I live is a fucking bench. I have no clue how that works.

What about the history park is that good too?

Free pokeballs all day. Even got an egg from one of them. There's also a gym on top of a hill near me.

Wonder how Nintendo would do a Pokemon MMO. Would it be like Monster Hunter's where they just have exclusive regions and Pokemon to entice people to play?

Stop reposting this shit over and over again

This isn't even a video game, much less a fucking MMO.

Competitive Pokemon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Go

Why

Our fun>>>>>>>>>Your opinion
Cool you don't like the game, go write a book about it.

Nah, I think I'll just keep sage bombing your thread until it doesn't show up anymore.

I notice how over 24 hours later and the Mods still haven't made this thread cyclical. Looks like they agree with us that your shit mobile games have no place here casual faggot.

Servers being shit for anyone else right now?

Well now we know where you come from.

Your opinion is objectively shit.

Not a discussion if you say the same shit over and over.

wew lad, great investigation skills

Also anyone know how they'll be handling legendary's? I'm guessing through a large event type of thing right?

What do you think sage is used for, friend?

protip, it's not a downboat like what they have where you come from

it gets faggots mad tho

leave

Yeah, because saying "IT'S AS CLOSE AS WE'LL GET TO AN MMO" over and over again while idiots post the same "walked into this area, found mons, woo this is great" repeatedly is such great conversation, not repetitive at all.

This "game" doesn't have any content to speak of, there is literally nothing there but an excuse to get your fat ass on a walk. Period.

-Battles are shit
-no trading
-only genwun because it will get the casual audience (and boy did it)

Normal fags love the game, maybe you should go discuss it on facebook or reddit?

S

A

L

T

I don't know, maybe they just want to stress test the servers while there's still some interest. I don't think will stay too lonk if they don't improve the game at all from it's current state.
Also a part of me wants them to block the game to spics just so my pseudo-nerd genwunner normalfag friends shut up about it

Not what i'm saying. Anyone can say anything bad about the game that's fine. But if you just keep saying the same shit over and over I could ask why even bother.

Our i'll discuss it here. Not everyone is saying "its as close as we'll get to an mmo". It's just a fun game to play while out or with friends and bored, no one's acting like this is fucking starcraft.

Or*

Wow, you really don't understand that meme do you?

reddit confirmed.

I can't help but wonder if this is the same faggot that refused to post Pokegirl porn in that other thread.

holy shit this. Every normalfag that never bothered with pokemon are circle jerking about this shit on kikebook. Everyone is asking how come im not playing seeing how i like games. Some of them acting like they are the biggest pokemon fans out there who probably never bothered to play any pokemon games.

I honestly think the only reason there are even threads here is because it's summer and we're dealing with the influx of casuals.

This is not a real game, not just because it's mobile mind you: because it's shit.

You're not even saging, moron. You're helping keep the thread alive, great job.

I wonder if this is why the jews are so unashamed of fucking over the goyim

And then we wonder why this place is such a fucking shithole where you can only have lol threads and shitposting.

Great job to all the moderation team, you truly are the core keeping this board alive

SAGE DENIED

Uh oh, somebody is saging! :((((((( thread over i guess

Are you a fucking retard or what

Anti-sage because this may not be a traditional game but an ARG, essentially.

Who cares about shit taste when he has [{spoiler}]le FUN [{/spoiler}] :^)

Seriously the only reason to talk about this shit is
>But's its le fun :DDDDDDDDD

My guess it's just f2p subhumans clinging to the latest flavor of the week garbage.

Is this a falseflag attempt to make the people shitting on this thread look bad or what?

Surely a person couldn't genuinely be this retarded.

EH! FUCK OFF GUY! ONLY ONE SAGE IN THE EMAIL LINE

lol butthurt

Maybe.

OT: A friend of mine seems to be doing pretty well. They already have a fair share of evolved pokemon, as well as some that I'd presume are uncommon.

Fug

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the most autistic guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like aspie as you once again type your little FUCK OFF spam and fill in the sage. Or maybe you fucked up the sage. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a VPN, so you just choose the pasta. Oh, and we all know the spam. The "epic" FUCK OFF spam, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat autistic fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Holla Forums spamming about a mobileshit game. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic autistic NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF" You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

FUCK OFF

How do you fuck up a spoiler that bad?

Holy shit you fat fucking faggot threads not following the topic like a goddamn railroad are half the appeal of an imageboard structure

Half the fucking fun is seeing "200 posts omitted" and two fuckers arguing about relative speed of trains and celery strains on a thread originally about soccer you fat, stupid no-fun shit

Killing a thread with spamming is cancer, but a thread simply not surviving trolls or changing topics because OP is shit / boring is natural selection

Anyways
What are those, pokemon go watches or some shit?

And if they don't fix this the game is dead forever

They alert you if there's a pokemon close yo you basically.

Damn it, it makes perfect sense for places away from people to have better spawns if only because without that us out here away from people get fucking nothing with this game.

I tried using Andyroid for emulation and it told me the APK wasn't compatible with the device. I alos tried a GPS spoofer and VPN to see if I could move around the map without actually leaving my house I live in a really shitty neighborhood, so fuck that noise.

Nothing worked. It's frustrating.

Confirmed for post-Project Chanology newfag.

They'll probably iron these kind of problems out when the official release comes around.
It makes sense they'd focus on cities more in beta.

Right. That's only acceptable when it's a company like Bethesda making a game like this. When it's Nintendo, the thread must be protected at all costs.

Hopefully. Maybe have it so spots are to appear at least once every mile or so in any given area?

We have threads about Bethesda games all the time

Well the problem with spots is that they are always connected to things that are at least remotely special. In my city I've seen some really dumb shit like murales that have been there for a long time or buildings that have no historical importance whatsoever.

So if you don't have any of this where you live it's kind or hard to place them.

You also have to consider that so far all the pokespots are exactly the same as the ones that were in the other Niantic game, and that they don't seem to have change at all.

I guess if this is successful, and I'm pretty sure it is, they'll maybe let people vote on user made pokespots. Sounds like the best way to do it imo

Yeah, it's headed that way. I can't really think of too many that would work in this area, though.

Is anyone using the Pokemon trainer club accounts to play?

I hear you get free shit for using those instead of a google account, but the fuckin servers for signing up for one have been dead for days

Besides the normal shit talking you would expect just imagine if you got too mmo factions fighting for control of objectives irl. Ingress had big things called fields which were 3 line of sight connections without any opponents connections blocking it.

decodeingress.me/ingress-manual/links/

Some of these required coordination across entire cities or countries and could be blocked by just one opposing player who got wise to the plan.

reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/1gbpx7/when_will_we_have_the_first_ingressrelated/
reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/2chqxp/assualt_over_ingress/
youtu.be/ajcHs4z5wG8

Oh one more important thing. Ingress has worldwide chat which you can filter to your area. All your actions are public so if someone wants to find you they can just see what you are up to in the log and track your schedule and movements.

BREAKING: Live feed from the Pokemon Go Servers

I'd love to hear what geographic data that is

The game feels really bare-bones at the moment.
There's no real end-game and the only thing really worth doing is battling people over gyms, and even that feels simple as all hell.

Have the devs said anything about future implementations or is this the version we'll end up with, minus all the bugs and crashes?

I wonder if this Overwatch, mobileshit faggots will go away after summer.
Either way, Markie boy seems to like them.

The amount of salt in this thread is sustaining me, I love it

Given how big it's gotten, I'd presume that it would be a work in progress, although I haven't done too much research on it.

At the very least, I'd expect newer pokemon to end up releasing. I hope.

YOU are the "summer influx," user. The mere fact that you believe in it and create your own self-fulfilling prophecy is the first red flag on this conclusion.

You're the one trying to prevent vidya –even if it's shit vidya– from being discussed at a vidya board, while misusing sage.

This is probably as deep as it gets– maybe a few events every now and then though. I'm highly doubtful they thought this through when developing it, it just feels like a quick PR move and cash grab.

What does the green circle around the pokemon mean? It gets bigger and smaller over time, does netting the pokemon when it intersects with the white circle give you better CPs?

read what the fuck you typed and kill yourself. If all video games are allowed we end up with the plebbit swarm. Holla Forums isn't r/gaming and if you don't like that you can leave because that's never going to change

It's a nostalgia cash in. They might introduce newer pokemon, but the target demo is 18-27 year olds already looking back on their youth.

Its ok when Nintendo does it

18 year olds weren't even born when the first games originally came out.

I recall them mentioning planning on adding newer pokemon in, but I can't find any source claiming it now.

>>>/suicide/

I've been coming to this site for years user. Your logic, much like your taste in video games, is shit.

Also I'm not misusing the sage. It's doing exactly what I want it to do with every post I make.

Fuck, forgot to sage, and I was doing so well too.

I don't even play the game, I'm just here to mine salt.

I like the whole AR thing, and the theme of pokemon has a lot of potential.
Though, as another user said it lacks polish, and they're abandoning the old mechanics for new ones that don't really match the established theme.

Personally, the main reason I personally use it is as extra motivation to walk my dog, and go on really long walks so my puppers has her fun too (as I hate going outside here in Florida, due to the humidity being around 70-90%, and temps range from 80-90F CONSTANTLY).
On this note, does anyone know of any other quality AR games?

As atm is feels more like a shotty safari game rather than an actual pokemon game.
Now, if they made it so you could actually track the footsteps of the pokemon it'd be an awesome safari simulator, and could lead to some interesting encounters/hunting expeditions; though imo it should be refined even more beyond this.
Also, combat mechanics need to go back to the old turn based format, and I think there should be an alternate version where u can battle each pokemon before capturing them so it's more entertaining and sticks to the old forumla of what a pokemon game so much fun (like a separate server selection, and you choose which version to enter upon starting the game, or u can start over using the old format).

PvP could be fun, but it has to be in a more "anonymous" fashion as it could lead to IRL issues due to autistic faggots.
Sorta like it was in the old game, but instead of dev defined NPCs there that challenges you it's a player who "set up" a NPC (like a shadow of themselves, like in racing games), and they get rewards for beating other players or their NPC gives them a pre-defined amount of reward the setting player had to give up to set up their NPC.
This could be really cool, and dynamically recreate that type of challenge to even being able to fight at the local gym, due to people setting up their "shadow NPCs" of themselves (obviously have a pre-defined budget for the amount they can setup, i.e. a STRICT budget, that only gets replenished if they disable their shadow, or it gets beaten).

Also got other ideas that recreate the feel of the old pokemon games… though I doubt they'd go back to the old formula unfortunately.

That post alone stops you from mining salt Mr Mobileshit

woop, meant to say:

18 year olds have time and transportation. The target audience is college kid normalfags who are "super pokemon fans" but probably don't own a 3ds and nostalgiafags.

I do the same thing, I take my dog out and doing a portal loop is good motivation to go further than I normally would.

So you mean people that played pokemon when it wasn't shit and didn't waste money on a console with no good original games?

Genwunner nostalgiafag confirmed.

Its ok when Sony does it

Its ok when Microsoft does it

See, I can play the "Its ok when _ does it" game too, and I don't have a favorite console developer.

u mad

Not at all. I'm glad such a perfect example of Pokemon Go's audience took time off from posting pictures of the game on his Facebook to show us all who we can now be glad we aren't.

Feels great.

The difference is that you aren't posting in a thread that promotes those things, with people defending them.
If you were, it would be rather reasonable, since you would be dealing with people who DID feel that their favorite company gets a free pass.

This game is a buggy mess with poor gameplay design as well as featuring some of the worst microtransactions I've seen in any mobile game.
If this didn't have the Pokemon name stickered onto it everyone would be calling it completely dogshit.

yeah he mad

That already happened, and they already did.

Wow, really? I had no idea

I don't remember Ingress being as buggy, riddled with microtransactions or as pointless as Pokemon Go. Ingress was actually decent.

I have yet to run into any major Micro transactions wall.
Max level fighting in gyms is going to suck. To my knowledge they don't have a decay on them which means 2 weeks from now we will see fully stacked out gyms with fully leveled pokemon. New players won't have anything to do.

go back to cuckchan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Pokeballs the only kind of balls that can be bought with shekels, while the better kinds cannot?

Ingress is actually OK. The big problem with it is the Google style support and the horrible UI. It at least wasn't a single player game.

Again, I'm not mad at all. I welcome you to our board casual.

Like I said, you're the perfect example of what people on this board should fight against: Casual faggots who don't actually like video games, they just like sucking dick.

The fact that pokeballs, attracts and eggs are all pay to obtain?
That as you get higher level the pokeball rewards will lower occurring, meaning you'll be more reliant on getting pokeballs elsewhere?

And as for the pokestop free stuff, those of us that don't live in cities need to walk, drive or bike miles to get to the nearest one. Fuck that.

lel

Ingress was just as buggy (hello, broken compass that wasn't fixed in pokemon go either).
Its content was just as meaningful, arguably even less interesting because at least this has a variety of pokemon to look at.

As for microtransactions, the entire game literally printed free, managed, curated location data for Google along with demographic and population data. As soon as Niantic split from Google, they immediately added a ton of storage and other microtransactions on top of that.

Same shit, different asshole.

This is my biggest worry. You can team up against gyms, so it will be possible to zerg down a high-level gym with a shitload of pidgeots and raticates (which will have the end result of a lower level gym) but new players are also the least likely to be able to get a group together.

So you ban and delete posts?
====
JEWS WHERE A MISTAKE
-Allah, September 12, 2001

Does anyone have any suggestions on what they'd like to see in an AR game?

On that note I've seen more people outside than I usually do, and have seen quite a few other players walking around heh; it's sorta funny and odd to me.

I generally loop around to the two parks that are near me. I have around 4 gyms near me due to the parks.
Luckily I also have a few region types I pass through due to the canals, mangrove forests, and the plains of the parks.
I can't find any desert ones though, but that makes perfect sense. In all honesty I don't know where I'd find them here in florida.

I thought it already came out in the EU and UK?

In all honesty it's only good for motivation to go on walks, as the mechanics thus far have a very shallow depth, but in due time I hope they refine it back to the original mechanics.

Totally agree, but it makes my walks more entertaining; though I don't purchase anything as that's sorta defeats the purpose of playing.

If I had to bet, I'd say you're cross-posting with reddit right now. Maybe even cuckchan (you act like a cuckchanner).

You are literally the same kind of person who thought they'd eventually port Skyrim to the Ouya.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a mobile game.

As of right now there are only base pokeballs

Cities have an advantage. It's dumb, but it's not as awful as it could be. What you need to do is find a spot that takes 5 minutes to circle between pokestops. Unlike portals these can be used an unlimited time with a 5 minute cool down period. I have a shopping center near me so I just go to that and do a loop. As I said earlier the Bay Area hipsters are completely incapable of thinking about anyone but themselves so the game is designed around that kind of environment. The quake can't come soon enough.

Without a in game chat client it will just get worse.

Eggs aren't paid. The XP boost "lucky eggs" are paid but they're much less important than the actual eggs, which only come from pokestops. Incubators are paid, but you get one with unlimited uses for free. You only need to buy the paid ones to hatch multiple eggs at once.
Also remember that you get pokeshekels for free by having pokemon parked in gyms. That income is enough to get you everything you would want.
If you don't live in a city or somewhere else with a bunch of pokestops and gyms don't play this game. If you don't have pokestops you can't get eggs, potions, or revives at all, and if you don't have gyms you're missing the entire point of the game.

still goin eh

You get pokeballs from going to pokestops.
I started with 50 and by the end of my 20 minute walk I had 105

You and every other mobile phone "gamer"

Well, I can safely feel like it's probably for the best. I already look goony enough when I'm taking my doofus of a dog out on a jog, having my face glued to a phone looking for rare 'mons probably won't make the situation any better.

How would this ever be viable, and no the market demand wasn't high enough nor would it even be a potential in the future; i.e. Zenimax (parent company of beth) would never be willing to do this.

shitty strawman user, step up your game

What phone do you have? When did you buy it?

The nearest pokestop away from me is about 30 minutes worth of walking. And no, I'm not going to drive to a place just to play a mobile game.

Or maybe developers could stop being idiots and realise that people live outside of cities. How hard is it to come up with an idea to have at most an x miles distance per pokestop, placing it on a road so people don't have to go into someone's back yard for it.

See above, due to poor gameplay mechanics not everyone is able to reach pokestops conveniently. Which either mean taking a drive to get new pokeballs or paying out real dosh.

So I know AR mode is a little more of a hassle for catching pokes, but I would still like to be able to try it, unfortunately, it's not working. My phone does have a gyroscopic sensor, but it won't work when I go into AR mode, and the error that comes up is apparently the error for using a phone without a gyroscope.
wat do?

Yeah m8, I'm saging the thread. How new are you?

Yes, you are fucked. The bay area self centered cancer produced a game only playable by people who live in well off neighborhoods frequented by techies during the ingress period when submissions used to be open.

I'd just drop it for awhile and wait for people to log complaints in your area.
As atm the main issue is getting the servers to run, and once that's stable they'll start working on adding support for additional areas.

google the error code, and hopefully find a fix
else you're fucked, as there's more important issues than a single user's error (see above)

I don't disagree, but the fact is that the game is not made for you.
It's not that you need to pay real money to get the same experience as people in cities, it's that you cannot get that experience even if you pay real money.

iPhone 4

I got it as a free upgrade shortly after my flip phone died in 2010 and haven't really bothered upgrading to anything else since then since it's been holding up more or less reliably.

It won't ever be fixed. This was a problem in ingress during its entire life cycle and this game just ripped the same exact points from the map.

Well that's because the game isn't out yet, what do you expect? There's a reason it's only available in certain regions.

oh I see, in all honesty this is my first mobile game as I hate the mobile market, but love pokemon… well that sucks

I think it's honestly fine to upgrade a phone after 6 years.

yeah but at this point I'm fairly certain I have to pay a fee to upgrade at Verison since I missed the boat on free upgrades, also I'm the type to use something until it just about breaks and this is still working good for me.

ALso if I get a new model, my otterbox and clip won't fit the new models, and I'm kind of skinflint who won't back out of an investment like that until it's absolutely crucial.

It likely won't ever be fixed. Rural areas will always be fucked, suburbs will be workable if you're willing to bike or drive a bit, cities will be goldmines.
The best you can hope for is some mechanic that gives a boost to rewards from pokestops/gyms in areas with low density of them, and even that isn't likely.

Wait what's the problem you have? Can't you just buy one used?

There's hope. Ingress had no support because nobody really gave a shit. This actually has enough audience for them to give a fuck and fix it.

stop using duckduckgo

ixquick.com, yadda yadda, I get it.

Transferred to every page you request?
That way mobile sites load on mobile devices.
Not a google shill, I just don't care enough to switch from what works

archive.is/S0MfA
I haven't laughed so hard in a while

Oh my god this has to be satire.

If it forces rural users to shell out $$$ in micro-transactions, what makes you think they will still be arsed to "fix" this?

Because if there's no gyms or pokestops the game basically can't be played, which means they won't have a reason to spend money.

Jesus christ, this could have been so much better that it's painful.

If they didn't go so full fucking ham on the constant tracking and actually gave a shit about gameplay it could have been insanely better.

RIP

you mean the thing that makes it possible to play the game?
what the fuck are you on about

It doesn't. The way things work now, rural users have no reason to pay for balls because there are no pokemon to catch, and nothing to do with the few pokemon they can get because there are no gyms to fight over. Rural users just don't have a game to play at all.

Bro you are shamefully buttfurious

I don't even have a stake in this shit I'm an idort so I can tell it like it is
You are assblasted
Go home

Idorts are the most retarded faggots of all. Why would you buy not one system with no games, but two?

Also
You have to go back to reddit now.

if mark had any balls you'd be banned alone with any mobile game threads

You are such a massive fag I can't even make sense of it

Do I download the APK file with my phone or to my PC and then transfer it over? I haven't into mobile in a long time.

Are you gonna call me a virgin next?

In any case you should be able to open the apk file in the phone for it to install. It's faster to just get it downloaded from the phone.

That fact that soulless mobile trash is getting any oxygen here, much less a cyclical thread, is shameful.

Yeah, just make sure it doesn't ask you for anything weird, cause there has been a fake app going around.
If you got it from apk mirror you'll be fine though.

kek

It's not actually cyclical, that's just wishful thinking on the part of the Go fags.

It doesn't have the cyclical symbol next to it.

This is the link I was provided

m.apkpure.com/pokémon-go/com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

Nice straw man, but I never said that champ.

I said it's not a game because it's a mobile cash in, do try learning to read.

Can't really check if it's legit or not. I'd go with the one on apkmirror.

kek
You're so fucking butthurt it's unreal.

Sounds to me like you're the one butt flustered because no one wants your shitty mobile game threads here.

I mean, he's not the one spending hours ranting about a game he'll never play.

Hey I'm not the one posting over and over for the whole day in a thread for a game I'm not playing and I hate with a neckbeard-like passion.

Really tells you something doesn't it? Instead of making the board better and discussing things you actually like that you consider good, making posts in threads that "deserve" them you'd rather spend your time here being butthurt because someone is playing something you don't like.

That's just all around very mature.

I'm done talking with baby assblast here, if someone wants to pick it up from where I left off then go ahead.

Whatever you kids need to say. I'm doing the board a public service right now by clearing this trash away.

I like how before he rage quit fd2deb (who spent just as long posting as I have) called me a neckbeard for the time I spent posting. Not only is it hypocritical as fuck, it also shows what an ass blasted normalfag he is for having to bring up the old "neckbeard" insult.

When he comes back in a few minutes to silently check my reply I bet he's so butthurt he calls me a virgin.

We're still here faggot

How can I tell if my egg is incubating? I tapped start incubation but nothing seems to happen.

You won't be for long. I give it a week before you lose interest. Casuals like you are like cats: easily distracted by the next shiny thing.

Checked.

It feels so good when a smug anime reaction image gets an even MORE smug reaction image as a reply.

If yes, it is.
Now walk.

If you select another egg can you incubate it?
If you can't that means that there's already an egg being incubated

Okay so I installed the thing and launched the app, but I'm at the title screen and it's bitching about "GPS signal not found", even though I'm upstairs (it's raining though)

Can't sign in via google either

I don't like Pokemon or mobile games, but it's still shocking to me how some Holla Forumsirgins absolutely sperg out whenever they see anyone talking about a game they don't like. It's like whining about cyber-bullying. Like, just close your eyes.

Servers might be dead. They've been going on and off for the past days. Try tomorrow.

But if everyone else is playing, how could the servers be the problem?

Came back under a different IP, eh fd2deb?

Go back to reddit.

How do you know everyone else is playing?
I haven't played at all today because the servers have been dead as fuck

Well it would be silly if I bought a new phone just to play this, only to find out I couldn't haha

Is my satellite signal just too shitty or what? I thought having wifi would be fine.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Yeah, had the same issue. Pretty sure its related to my lack of phone service, I still have a landline because no carrier gets reception where I live. Kind of a shame because it could have been fun to catch pokemon out in the forest with noone else around.

Might be. Sorry to hear that user

I came here expecting to see Holla Forums talking about video games.

I don't know why.

Pokemon GO is a better game than Overwatch

So am I missing something or does this game disincentivize actually evolving pokemon?

As you level up, higher CP pokemon appear, right? And the base CP of an unevolved pokemon effect the CP of the evolved pokemon. Wasting candies on the strongest pidgey you catch at level 2 to get a 45CP Pidgeotto is fucking pointless when you are able to catch a 75CP pidgey at level 6.

With that said, I understand that getting autistic about this game is honest to god top tier retarded, but it is just so sad seeing such terrible game mechanics in a game that had potential to actually be really something.

Also, can you battle others? I fucking hope so.

It's aimed at kids and normalfags. Being autistic lets you avoid the jewing.

That's impossible because Pokemon GO isn't a video game, it's a mobile app

The boost to CP from evolving outstrips the curve from just leveling by a fuckton.
You can get a pretty powerful mon quickly by just catching a shitmon with high CP and evolving it.

It's powering up that's a waste of time.

My area is full of pidgey's and rattatas. I'm in Missouri, and not a Magikarp in sight. Finally seeing some non-red gyms.

Saw rare as fuck Pokemon while driving but couldn't catch them because driving.

Conquered the gym at my work but could not place my CP469 Pidgeot because he was to strong, so I placed a 290 Raticate.

What are you seeing where you are at?

Only Via Gyms. Place yours in your in your own color and collect your winnings until he is beat. Go to Rival gyms and beat the ass of existing trainers .

Nothing because my servers are down

Just in my freaking apartment, I'm seeing a shitload of fire Pokemon just popping up. So far: Ponyta, Growlithe, Arcanine, Vulpix and a Charmander (didn't catch it, but it was there)

I've also seen an Evee, a Mankee, an Ekans, Pidgey, Rattata, Venonat, Geodude, Abra, Paras, Caterpie and a Pinsir.

90% of what I've caught has been just laying in bed leaving my phone near me so it buzzes if I stumble into something. I've only actually caught one outside and it was a Rattata.

One of the parks near me is full of those, and mostly only those.
I did spot a bulbasaur but the fucker ran off after he escaped twice from a pokeball.

Is it elevated?
It may have to do with the height (the logic I could see them using is the idea that hot air rises, and via them factoring in the Y axis coordinate for the "region" it could impact what monsters are near you).
Although, they'd have to do a per area basis (average height, and hence once you're above that by a threshold it's the fire types).

It says here that all the servers are up thou
mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

OK I tried this again and it let me catch the starting pokemon this time. Is it normal for nothing to be showing in the nearby box? Do they expect you to just start walking in a random direction?

Yeah but now it's 3AM.
Every time I try to play during the day they're down

Constant tracking is required for the game as is, but they still could have given people more to do that doesn't require location services, or just let you check in at locations instead of requiring you to keep your phone on with the app running guzzling battery and data while you try to hatch eggs or whatever.

For me, yeah.
I generally have to start walking near one of my parks (has an animation where the grass is rising up, you'll see it) and a lot more will spawn.

Pretty much I guess. You can use it when u go do errands or something, but I use it when I'm walking my dog.

Even better, go catch a gastly or a haunter.

Everytime I wanna play during the day it's 90F and 80% humidity, fuck that shit.
Also yeah, servers are generally down too.
Nighttime is the only option for me.

Look for places where puffs of grass appear; there's pokemon in the general area.

Don't see anything like that

none of those that close to me, not driving 20 miles just for this

I'll get stabbed nigga

Ah, I'm used to the area I live in.
Essentially it's all white people, and we have cops that live around us and patrol our area frequently.

that sucks man

neither would i

I just downloaded it. At least it will make a good excuse for me to leave my room.

Well I used one of those free incite things and caught an eevee, pretty happy with that vaporeon was my favorite gen 1 pokemon.

I live in a super white region where the only minorities are slant eyes. The crime is zero, the schools are great, and the place is dotted with martial arts studios. It's pretty fucking sweet. To bad it's full of fucking pidgeys and weedles.

just leaving it on my desk I caught 5 that just wandered into my area. If it has only one footprint away, track it and it is more likely to stumble your way.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of affirmative action pokemon caching.

I don't know, I'm in South Texas, it might literally just be because its hot here. It rains a lot too. Oh man, if it really is just based on temperature, I can't wait for my trip to Canada.

But yeah, every single fire type seems to be in the area. There's a gym not too far from here, it was blue yesterday, it's red today. Yesterday it was guarded by Growlithe, today its a Moltres. I'm glad I picked Squirtle if elemental weaknesses still mean anything in this game.

This game definitely gives me an ARG feeling. There's nothing but dogs in my neighborhood. I'm out walking mine, and I hear a little one start yapping, and everything showing up on my screen is Growlithe and Evee. I see something on a wall, flash a light on it and it's a roach. A couple seconds later a Rattata pops out at me. My dog starts chasing the neighbor's cat, and now there's a Meowth on my radar.

I'm also getting the two higher evolved forms of Geodude on my radar, but not close enough for me to find 'em. I can't wait to find out if rain actually effects this.

I need a Meowth. I named my character TeamRocketMO.

Makes some sense as I keep bees I suppose.

I sure do love that my local cemetery has 7 pokestops and two gyms. Waking around in a cemetery in the middle of the night SURE IS FUN.

I'm going to get stabbed, i just know it

HEY YO BOI THIS IS THE BLUE HOOD BEST GET THE FUCK OUT

Pokemon bloods and crips are going to become a thing with gang colors and shooting until Nintendo/Niantic shuts it down.

YO WHATS THAT? TEAM INSTINCT? MORE LIKE TEAM INSTINK.

kill me

Ausfaggot here
people here are complete scumsucking casuals.
I got the game, looked at it for a bit, put it away after the initial fun of catching pokemon subsided and after realising how much battery this thing sucks up.

then i'm out in the city with some friends. while waiting for a cab, i check pokemon go to see what the fuck is going on. keep in mind it's only been 3 days since release here - there are already autists who have obsessively leveled to the point where they have pokemon with 700+ CP in the gyms in the area.

All the gyms in my cozy, sleepy suburb have 300+CP pokemon too. for perspective, i'm level 6 and the average pokemon i have are around 90, so I presume these guys are level 20 minimum.

I haven't mentioned how RETARDEDLY SLOW it is to level up. you catch one mon, good for you, +100 exp that's it. If it's a new pokemon, an extra 600 on top of that but that's rare since you only ever run into zubat, ratata and pidgey.
pokestops give you 50 - 100 exp and you can visit one every 10 minutes.

It took 4k experience to get from level 4 to 5, so fuck knows the astronomical level of sheer GRINDING necessary to reach such high levels to get such high mons.

Not to mention, this app is a busted, broken, glitchy mess, or at least it is on iphone, as the android version is much more stable.
further, it completely kills your battery life. I had the app open for 30 minutes while on a bus ride once, and my iphone 5 dropped by 20% (but I did have a podcast open too).
And fuck knows how much data it uses. Data, GPS, all of this shit completely taxes your phone.

So if those 600+cp fuckers are running around with 10GB data plans and heaps of power packs to get where they are, fuck it, let them have it. call it sour grapes, but this game just really isn't worth sinking time into.

It is not hard to make an uber powerful pokemon.

That's it. I'm level 6 and my Pidgeot has 486 CP.

yes but

Put pokemon in gyms, you get dust every day for that.

Not a terrible idea, now I just have to get a mon to 500+ to take on the local gym

Just in case non of you anons knew. if you spin the ball to the left and throw it right its a curve ball, not only does it have a higher chance of catching the pokemon it also gives extra xp.

Reeeee

finally got this shit to work, went out at 10 PM to get some booze and stopped to catch some pokemon. 11 uniques and 19 in total, fucking dozens of random people outside just in groups or by themselves looking at their phone getting pokemon

this is a pretty quiet suburban town, too.

even saw some fatass tumblr looking bitch getting some serious exercise

I think this might make america great (less obese) again)

It seems like there should be a way to create pokestops. How did the gravestones and shit get tagged to begin with? What map software does this use?

This game is shit, but the amount of people playing it is tremendous. It's allowing me to fuck with local strangers and it's glorious.
(Memes, I know)

So, yeah, I'm trying to make a thinly veiled poke nazi regime thanks to Go
Pic related

They were added by user submission in Ingress, the previous game by this company.
User submission has been removed.
It's fucked.

Are you sure it is removed?

Okay yeap

support.ingress.com/hc/en-us/articles/218140587-When-will-my-Mission-Portal-be-approved-

i sacrificed my dudes but i didnt seem to get anything from it

Transferring pokemon away gives you one (1) candy of their type.

yeah, it didn't seem to update the candy count for my venobros. maybe server issues or something. im not too worried because it looks like there's quite a few people into this game nearby and someone was throwing down what I found out was lures. made sense why I was suddenly inundated by pokemans.

I really didn't have any kind of hope for this game whatsoever, but now im starting to wonder about the long term sociological implications of such games. Obviously there's the many shady ties to the CIA, but these intelligence fuckwits aren't really that great at anything and any game that gets americans moving around is probably worthy of like ten nirvanas and a couple of samadhis.

btw im thinking of going team yellow because most of my town is blue or red, so I'd get more of a chance to battle. I'd have some friends backing me up. good idea?

test

bamp

I'm sure there will be tons of people dying because of this

Enjoy your botnet faggots just so you can play a non-game.

How much longer will this last than Fallout shelter?
I remember a few threads on that game when it came out

Pokemon is far more popular than fallout, and especially so with casuals. This 'game' is more like ingress, a social thing than a traditional game. ingress itself lasted far longer than fallout shelter and is even now more popular.

Predicting a huge start and it'll taper off into a large userbase.

Same company that made ingress is making this.

Caught a Pidgeot at level 2, fuck yes
came with aerial ace and steel wing too

gonna train this bastard to steal children

Pls help I've tried most things

What the fuck is the point of this if I can't try my hardest to be an Ace Trainer IRL? I just wanna look at people and fight them and test my limits.

Most likely implemented in the future.

Try playing the TCG faggot, expanded is where its at.
**I like
Pokemon go**