Why is this game so highly rated on steam? It's garbage even compared to diablo 3...

Why is this game so highly rated on steam? It's garbage even compared to diablo 3, yet people claim it to be on tier with diablo 2. This and titan quest shilled like they are hidden gems when they are both made by the same awful developers, do they just have a highly dedicated shill force? Even torchlight 2 is better than the fucking snorefest that was titan quest.

Other urls found in this thread:

grimcalc.com/
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Keystone
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because muh diablo

I said it's garbage even compared to diablo 3, which is a also garbage, nice try shill.

Why is it garbage compared to Diablo 3? In what ways are Diablo 3 less shit than Grim Dawn?

fuck off shills

Fuck you. You double agent shill.

I think it's a pretty fun game.

I didn't fall asleep playing diablo 3

The game is good. And like OP i dont need any reasons or arguments whatsoever to prove why.

W== ==E== ==W
E
W

Seems like a severe case of shit taste on your part, OP.

I don't know which would be more depressing: that a consumer would be this retarded, or that a shill would be this lazy.

I have one question about this game. is it based around acts like every other second rate diablo clone or does it actually have a legitimate overworld for once?

Don't fall asleep on these repeating digits then

What's wrong with it? My friend recommended it to me because I like the builds in Path of Exile but I don't really know anything about it.

What an informative thread

Just because you don't like a game doesn't mean you cant check these dubs.

Acts, but it's all more or less connected into a giant overworld. The acts aren't clearly defined either, but only in a way that you don't get a fancy cinematic of traveling somewhere.
Google it next time, fagmo

You new on Holla Forums mate ?

So what are the good and bad things about grim dawn ?
Never touched it, but heard praise for it.

Actual build variety, actual grimdark atmosphere.

I liked it, but it's still a bit too "titan quest-y" for my tastes. It might just be that I'm not as enchanted by that type of game anymore though, because there's no way I'd be interested in playing Diablo 2 anymore either.

I think I'd enjoy it more if I could control character movement with my left hand while aiming at enemies with the right - The mouse movement gets irritating sometimes when you're playing a ranged character.

Wouldn't a clicking simulator be a game where you don't actually click anything, but your avatar in the videogame clicks on things?

What exactly does this tell me OP?

Well I think that Grim Dawn is pretty damn overrated for what it is.
That being said it shits all over D3 in terms of gameplay - complexity, challenge, sheer number of varied play styles it presents, even fucking visually it is better.

I would assume that OP is butthurt retard experiencing buyer's remorse after indie game turned out to be several times better than ugly shallow 60$ garbage he can't even refund.

As far the genre goes I still think that D2 with expansion and Torchlight 1 are the finest games in it, and you should try them even if you don't like clickfests in general.

Fuck's sake, put more effort into your thread, OP.

that bad? so its an always only singleplayer game with never ending lag?

TL1 had a few too many issues for me to have a real good time with it.

D2 is good lots of build variety. Grim Dawn is good for what it was. I think Titan quest had really good potential but the start is just so abysmally slow.

OP gave no info whatsoever.
How is it ?
Does it have a limit on number of enemies ?
How varied are builds ?
Does it use a waypoint system?
Drops ?
Do you grind like in diablo particular enemies or just zone grind ?
How long is the game ?

Post your record for Hell Baal runs

Played some coop with friends, we've made it up until act 4. Probably the thing I like best is the feedback the game gives you.

All those satisfying crit noises, and loud thuds and crunches when you cleave through a pack of never ending trash.

proper grimdark
choice in builds
combo builds
item and gear variety
difficult
sound design is pretty meaty
quite long
hidden rooms
combat feels… delayed and dislocated, there is a delay between your input, animation and the effect taking place. It could just be my shitty rig, but I've heard other people complaining that combat feels like Titan Quest, but in a bad way.

I'd like to hear your issues on Torchlight 1. I played it waaay back when it got released, maybe my perception if it is skewed.
I also didn't like Torchlight 2 all that much, considering how was I looking forward to it.

It's good.
U dunno? There is always a bunch of mobs hunting for your ass, moreso in dungeons.
Very. You can realize with pretty much anything you can think of and be more or less effective with.
Yes, it's one huge map with one town and telepors all over the place.
Drops.
I dunno, I play these games through once or twice with different playstyles and then move on. I don't understand people endlessly grinding the same shit as if it was mmo. I guess this game should allow you that.
Not very long.

grimcalc.com/

Personal question: why do you put TL1 above TL2?
Not saying you're wrong, just wondering. I've spent around 200 hours in TL2, most of it in multiplayer with friends and around 70 hours of TL1 because it's so fucking comfy.

the game just felt a bit clunky to me.
Not too much build variety either, but then again it's been like 8 years since I played the thing. It's a bit hard for me to remember exactly what I liked about it other than I personally wasn't too enthused about it.

It's small compared to PoE's passive tree but the bonuses are definitely miles better. I wasn't overwhelmed, just happy the game had the extra layer of depth.

Compared to T1 the second one felt more diluted, less concentrated if you will.
As if it took content of T1, prettied it up and smeared all over 3 acts, where it should be just one.

Lotta running, lotta themepark locations, low mobs density, stupid quests.
I dunno, I was intrigued by what T1 had coming for me, here I always certainly could tell what will they throw at me next.
It tried too hard to be Diablo 2 clone too. Classes had way too little variety to them, visually loot was boring, bosses were themepark token archetypes just like their locations.

Meanwhile T1 allowed each class to be build in drastically different ways, dungeon segments were interesting and unpredictables, bosses weren't its strong point either, but at least it wasn't
etc.

I'm not saying T2 is a bad game, but it felt uninspired compared to T1.

Well that was the way around for me. I could make Alchemist into effective melee fighter and Destroyer into elemental wizard of destruction. I was amazed how flexible classes were compared to Diablo 2.
I remember bosses being boring and unimaginative, and pet system a bit gimmicky, but for the most part game blew me away by being fun monster clicker without going Diablo 2 clone.

Which exactly T2 did.

That's like saying "It's a good movie, but it ain't Citizen Kane". Yes, I know it's a meme, but PoE's passive tree might be the only thing comparable to yo mommas ass. You like that? You like yo momma jokes? Tis the season

Why would you bully me like this?

Oh fuck PoE's skill tree
Every single one of them nodes is something like that. PoE has some really strong points, but fucking skill forests isn't one of them.
It's boring, it's gimmicky, it's shit.

How long has it been since you've played the game? There's tons of bigger nodes that add a lot(with the biggest nodes defining builds), as well as gem sockets that can be radical with the right combinations. I've always felt like the only people who complain about the PoE tree being nothing but small percentage bumps are those that played through the game once on normal and didn't know what to pick outside of health nodes.

I played game through once it got fully released.
Was it completion of act3? Something like that.

Yea there were BIG nodes that added WHOPPING 15% of stat.
Holy crackers, that's so game changing aint it?

What changed since then, what actually interesting things big nodes do now?
Skill gems system has its ups and downs, but I see no ups in boring passives skill trees.

MORE NODES
NOW WITH 2 EXTRA NODES YOU CAN PICK IN THE NEW MEME LEAGUE

Bullshit, keystone passives have been around since launch and yes they're build defining. pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Keystone

EXCEPT YOU ONLY PICK A FEW AND THE TREE IS SHARED, AND MELEE BUILDS ARE THE SAME FUCKING THING
its also a shit game, with no pvp because it's not diablo 2

Oh right I remember those
Yes very interesting, absolutely game changing, how could I possibly forget about those?

Yes let's ignore minions exploding at low heath, removing mana and using heath to cast spells, setting your health to 1 and becoming immune to chaos damage, no longer being able to cast skills in order to be able to use a second totem, gaining 100% hit chance but never being able to crit, never getting stunned but losing all evasion, and converting your character to deal only fire damage.

But no, keep crying because you're too stupid to take advantage of the tree.

-Reduces enemy speed
-Reduces defensive ability
-Reduces most resistances(shame chaos is not among them)
-Spawns orbs every 1.5secs
-Orbs do AoE damage
-Last 5secs before bursting
-Bursts do more damage
-Mana burn for even more damage
-And stun for 2secs

i went into the game expecting titan quest, and i got titan quest, so im happy

I do agree, however Torchlight 2 is better than one.
And I can say why it's better without needing any kinds of explanations on the many things that it did better, I'll go with the easy and short way: Mods / Steamworkshop.

I still play it and nearly every run is a new experience thanks to mods.

COLONEL SUNDER STRIKES AGAIN IN THIS NEW GRIPPING EDITION OF :
THE SECRET 11 SALTS FORMULA!

What kind of fucking pencil neck is that?!?

the sexy kind
Seriously, a slender neck, a CHOKER… almost as good as tits on it's own.

user I don't understand a single thing

you are actually retarded

ask Holla Forums

One of the guys from Penny Arcade is financially invested in it and has been shilling for it like crazy so of course the fags from the PA-forums think this is the best game ever made.

I like the game, but after playing to Ultimate with one character it just gets boring, though I got easily bored of Diablo 2 too back then, maybe it's just not my type of game.

Anyway, there's something that I started to dislike the more I played, the game has just too many damage types and your build is usually specced only into two or three, which means that getting a good drop for your build is really fucking small. I got like 16 legendary items so far, I think, and all of them are useless for my build.
If the damage types were at least interesting in some way, but they have nothing going for them usually, just being a different damage type for the sake of it, and on top of that every one of them has it's own DoT damage type.

Also I really dislike that some bosses (the final one and nemesis) have unavoidable spike damage attacks and stuns, that's just cheap.

I didn't mind it. I didn't like Path of Exile because of the ridiculous investment requirement for what is just a skinnerbox. I didn't like it as much as victor vran which is an actual legitimately good game. But I found it to be pretty fun, one of the few cases where I've gotten buckets of loot and actually felt it's worthwhile spending the time sorting through them all to find the stuff I want.

No necromancy is shit though 2/10.

It's pretty shit but devotion has a tree where you raise the dead enemies

too bad it takes quite a while to get anything good going.
Well you can't have your main skill actually doing things until at least level 50. Better just level as something completely different like freezing pulse.
Man I love how almost every spellcasting build starts out as freezing pulse

How did this place get so infested with blizzdrones?

We let people have Overwatch threads. That's why.

I like the game, but I think it certainly has some flaws. If you hate something, you should be able to come up with some fucking reasons for that. Otherwise you're just being a massive faggot, typical for OP.

Same here, I really think the game would have benefitted from more skills involving some type of movements, like a succession of hit/hit/jump/aoe or stuff like that instead of being a groundlocked mowing machine.

Nodes with values that big would completely break the game. The point is that you get a gargantuan amount of skill points in Path of Exile compared to other games with skill trees, so you can run through a cluster that might add up to 50% of something.

The purpose of the skills all being in a tree is that your goal is to plan a route to get to all of the major skills you want, and you want that route to include as many really helpful passives as possible. If you just stick to the highway nodes (+10 strength/int/agi) then you will get to the nodes you want faster, but the points will sorta be wasted because those nodes are far less valuable than a group that gives you bigger stat bonuses.

Almost every game that has skill trees is shit because they do nothing other than limit the amount of choices you have, but the fact that they're laid out in a tree is used to make the process of creating builds much more in depth because if they were just in a list you'd pick the ones you want most and be done with it, but here you have to consider taking the most effective routes possible for your given build.