How do we fix DLC, gentlemen?

How do we fix DLC, gentlemen?

and lady

the only dlc should be updates

as in, our game already has all the content you'd want, we just need to fix some things.

What the fuck is this thread?
Why the fuck is OP using a trip?
Why can't I get dubs?

Make the game first and then do the DLC. Don't plan the entire the game and then cut snipets of it for more sheckels.

Return to doing expansion packs.

I'd argue that there are some conditions where DLC is tolerable, but good luck getting publishers to adhere to them.

Make regular DLC into actual expansions.
Costumes and visual DLCs are rewards for achievements.
No bullshit day one DLCs.

Make sure it is actual DLC and it is not just content that is already in my game behind paywall and that there is no other bullshit like this.

So make sure people stop trying to milk their game to the fullest and produce actual content instead.

ok so im fucking drunk, but i can explain DLC is a very simple way.

publishers realised that their single player games weren't doing so hot in terms of retail copies. partly because people would return them after they finished the single player, and moved on to a different game.

so how do we fix it? how do we add more value to our games without adding any extra work directly? how do we stop people from trading in their games? how about we make late content release so that people will just hold onto their game and wait for more game to play???
GENIUS

cant fix DLC. sorry

By not trying to sell you stuff that simply didn't get through the development time and that the devs just added afterwards and making you pay for it ( how about putting that stuff in a patch for free that would make a lot of people happy for some new content!).
And making it a lot of new stuff and not putting some recycled stuff in it that you could get by just using a bunch of mods.

By removing it altogether just like kebab.

Can anyone name one instance of which gameplay DLC was justified? Not like cosmetics or anything like that.

call it an "expansion pack"

The only way to fix DLC is to make companies have integrity, which they won't because they're after that bottom-line profit.

Go and be a faggot somewhere else.

When DLC is okay

When DLC is not okay

Le epic thread my fellow gamer and gamer gals XD. Brb getting my gf a new zelda tat.

silly user there are no females on the Internet, but there are dubs like these, check em.

If you keep posting like that, you'll eventually forget why you were doing it. You'll become the mask.
Don't you understand? Reddit is already infecting you. You're becoming what you hate.

Dear diary, today OP was a faggot again.